Tfw you deserve goty but being released early in the year ruins your chances

>tfw you deserve goty but being released early in the year ruins your chances

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jJGea0__-9U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sekino

Attached: 3453245.jpg (1280x720, 166K)

I'm watching some gamer girl go through Sekiro and Bloodborne after her previous games were all casul shit. And she never gives up and being happy that From Soft games taught her a new approach to gaming and self-improvement.
It's really heartwarming for a Souls veteran such as myself.

Sekiro really is the best soulborne game
Stealth is perfect fit for a soulborne not to mention perilous attacks are genius

yeah, but the stealth could be much better

they should have added optional really hard stealth sections and platforming sections

not even close

Attached: dmc5-blogroll-1551829541302.jpg (1920x1080, 370K)

That Celeste DLC is more of a goty than sekiro.

Go do something in real life you useless turd. FromSoft games can be played and beaten by literally anyone, toddlers included. Holy shit imagine taking pride in something like that you useless cunt.

Unironically stop watching egirls you pathetic faggot

I'm just multitasking and watching some videos when I'm having a meal.
The point is - anyone can enjoy overcoming a challenge and having fun with From Soft games. Except game journos. They're not niche and have enough appeal to be everyone's GOTY.

i gotta have a good meal

Trust a Fromdrone to watch ecelebs.

Sekiro... More like... SEKINO
youtu.be/jJGea0__-9U

It wasn't even the best game of the month it came out. You must play very few games to think Sekiro is the best anything.

Sekiro is GoTY and I'm not really a From fan.

Sekiro is not GoTY and I'm really a big From fan.

BotW and God of War both released Q1

Sekiro is absolutely GotY and I'm really a big From fan.

Sekiro is trash.

Name of the person you were watching?

Sekiro is absolutely not GotY and I'm not really a big From fan.

Nah, DMC5 is the least deserving of GOTY

Yup

Attached: L4dslC6_390x400_3x-0.jpg (1170x1645, 188K)

Yeah, DMC5 is the most deserving of GOTY

Sekiro really botched exploration, since they designed it the same way as they usually do for Souls games, but didn't have a compelling reward system, which leads to moments of disappointment. I think they really could've benefited from doing something as simple as just adding more skill scrolls that you could find as world items instead of the constant parade of mibu balloons.

>being released early in the year ruins your chances
More like being bland shit

Alyska

You're really going to tell me you found every collectible and got the super-obscure ending without looking anything up?

Marz

This IMO is what keeps Sekiro from reaching Soulsborne heights. They made an action/stealth game without the proper adjustments in level design.

>you found every collectible
Yeah.

>got the super-obscure ending without looking anything up
That's not really exploration, that's having to guess how many times you have to reload the area and talk to Emma before she moves her ass to the next plot location.

You found a Gokan's Sugar.

That's not true at all. Thanks for exposing yourself.

Brittany Venti

Yeah, it is. You have to repeatedly reload the area and talk to Emma to get her dumb ass over to Tomoe's grave just so she can tell you some shit she could've told you upstairs.

Hmm, DMC5 is the middle contender for GOTY

Sekiro was great fun but it's one of the weaker games in the soulsbourne series, the lack of weapons, armor and general character customization really hurt it's best element - the exploration. The exploration is so much less rewarding when a majority of the items are coins and mibo balloons.

Honestly the level of it gave me high hopes for more soulsborne variety in the future and made me look forward to Nioh 2 more than anything, if they actually add enemy variety this time it's going to be sick.

That's not what he means, the ending in question is triggered by Divine Child.

Fuck what people think, make your own list for best games.
You think GOTY worth shit? There's like 100s of publications giving GOTY awards.
You and many others look at these awards as a way to validate that the game you like is widely accepted and liked as well, which is pathetic if you ask me.

Attached: 1568649504863.webm (1280x720, 823K)

I wish the levels were more open in general.
On the first play through the exploration feels fantastic but after that it becomes obvious that there's only really one path to everything.
That's somewhat from software in general but still

Actually, I may have gotten that mixed up with the one where you have to repeatedly warp between Kuro and the rice dispensary, and then reload the area just so you can see rice girl has closed her door, then reload it again so you can talk to her after it's been reopened. The alternate endings have a bunch of plot advancement triggers that just boil down to warping and reloading the area multiple times.

Sekiro is a poor man's MGR with worse bosses.

Attached: 1543729391627.png (590x509, 520K)

You have no idea what you're talking about. Stop posting.

Try actually refuting the point.

Maybe if they didn't wait until everyone had already finished the game and stopped caring before they fixed combat arts and tools

>>tfw you deserve goty but being dropped early ruins your chances
fxd.

>another run of the mill souls game
>deserves goty

Attached: 1384667369840.jpg (468x307, 11K)

BotW released earlier in the year and got GOTY sounds like you're trying to cope user, Sekiro had too many flaws to be GOTY but it was still great

Okay.

You may start by acquiring the Holy Chapter: Infested early. This item is required later on for the ending but can be acquired sooner if the player clears Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo early.
Before defeating Genichiro Ashina (specifically, before continuing the story by talking to Kuro after defeating Genichiro):
Talk to the old woman praying near the Ashina Castle Idol. If you have not spoken to the old woman near the Ashina Castle Idol, the next step will not work!
Travel to the Main Hall Idol in Senpou Temple, Mt. Kongo. There will be a monk praying to the Buddha. Speak to him to get Holy Chapter: Infested.
If you have already defeated Genichiro Ashina and spoken to Kuro afterwards, and the monk is no longer there:
You can find the Holy Chapter: Infested at the bottom of the pond near the Temple Grounds Idol. You must obtain the Mibu Breathing Technique from the Corrupted Monk in Mibu Village in the Ashina Depths to dive underwater.
Travel to Inner Sanctum Idol and talk to Divine Child of Rejuvenation. Talk to her to receive Rice (you can give her the Holy Chapter: Infested now as well).
Get rid of the rice by using it on yourself (or giving it to the Old Hag). Reset the area completely--leave and return; resting will not suffice. If you have more than one rice in your inventory from previous playthroughs, you need to get rid of all of them.
Repeat this step, asking for more Rice and using it until you trigger the Divine Child to fall asleep. Ask her for Rice one last time, use the Rice, and reset the area.
The Divine Child will now not be feeling very well. Exhaust her dialogue and give her a Persimmon (you can buy this from the vendor in Shugendo; he also gives you one for free if you visit him after speaking with the Divine Child for the first time). Give her a Persimmon and then ask for more Rice. She will give you the item Rice for Kuro and ask that you give it to him.

This, actually. It was good, but From Soft seems to be running in circles a bit. I would like to see less formula and more creativity.

You can give Rice for Kuro immediately or later, but do it before defeating the Divine Dragon. Once you give Kuro the Rice for Kuro, rest at the idol and speak to him again. He will give you two Sweet Rice Balls. You must use at least one of them to continue - use it right there in front of him for a little extra dialogue with Kuro and later with the Child.
Travel back to the Divine Child and talk to her.
The Holy Chapter: Infested is required at this point, and must be obtained if you did not manage to acquire it earlier (see above). Once you have given it to her, rest so that she moves to the Illusory Hall (where the Folding Screen Monkeys boss was); an entry portal is in the water directly across from the Divine Child's Inner Sanctum.
At the Illusory Hall talk to the Divine Child (located near the large tree in the center) who tells you to seek out a High Senpou priest.
Travel to Main Hall Idol at Senpou Temple and retrieve the Holy Chapter: Dragon's Return from the cave just outside the Hall's side entrance. The item will be on the blue monk's corpse at the end of the cave. This item cannot be acquired from the corpse until this point is reached in the quest line. You will then need to rest.

Talk to the Divine Child who has moved back to the Inner Sanctum, give her Holy Chapter: Dragon's Return and she will mention needing two serpentine fruits:
Fresh Serpent Viscera: From the Senpou Temple Idol to the right and below is a large hat Ministry enemy you will use the Puppeteer Ninjutsu technique on which will have him operate the kite crank. Go up the hill and through the temple with the undying monk and up into the large tree by the Old Hag. Use the kite as a grappling point to cross the valley to reach the Sunken Valley Cavern Idol. Plunge attack the Great Serpent and receive Fresh Serpent Viscera.
Dried Serpent Viscera: You will need to have encounter the Great Serpent at the bridge leading to the Gun Fort for the Great Serpent to be there. Travel to the Bodhisattva Valley Idol and head down toward where the Toxic Memorial Mob is located and enter into the cave behind him. At the end of the cave is another Great Serpent and you will need to use the Puppeteer Ninjutsu on the nearby monkey to distract the Serpent in order to grapple across safely and head into the house to find the Dried Serpent Viscera.
Travel to the Divine Child and give her both Viscera items. Rest then eavesdrop.
If you have not done it already, progress the story and collect the Lotus of the Palace and the Shelter Stone key items, then choose to Stay Loyal to Kuro, defeat Owl, and burn the Fountainhead Incense at the Altar after talking to Kuro.
Travel back to the Inner Sanctum; the doors are now open. Talk to the Divine Child to receive Frozen Tears.
Continue the game normally, beat the final boss, talk to Kuro, and give him the the Frozen Tears with the Divine Dragon's Tears.

>Shadows Die Twice
>can get an upgrade to die three times
Garbage game, 0/10

Yeah, and you can easily find all that shit and then not get the special endings because you didn't talk to rice girl enough. It's not down to exploration, it's down to talking to NPCs repeatedly until they hit their plot progression checks.

Based, wasn't a fan of V and the level aesthetics peak too early but beyond the this game is pure action combat from beginning to end that is enjoyable for it's own sake, the kind of game you replay gor the core mechanics and nothing more.

>dodge
>dodge
>parry
>parry
>hit
>repeat 100x

woooooooooaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh dddddduuuuuuuuuudddddddddeeeeeeeee

sekiro: fight bosses twice.

I hate how in so many places you have no real reason to fight anyone.
For example, you can choose not to fight a single person in Mibu Village and it would not make any difference. In Souls, fighting enemies was important because they had exclusive drops like weapons and armor that you could only get from them. You had incentive to fight them beyond just acquiring souls.
In Sekiro, aside from some very specific examples of enemies with upgrade materials you can only get from them, such as the Ministry Gunmen towards the end of the game giving you super rare Fulminated Mercury, there are very, very few enemies like this that actually incentivize you to fight them.

Another thing that disappointed me was how the Dragonrot system ended up being a whole lot of nothing. No NPC can ever die from Dragonrot. It just simply ensures that their questline can't progress. If you're in NG+ and you've already finished their questline and they get Dragonrot, then you have no reason to heal them, since they've given you the items you get at the end of their questline anyway. I was hoping Dragonrot would like give you a bad ending. But even if every single NPC in your game was coughing their lungs out, you can still get any ending you want, even the True "Return" ending. It might as well have not existed in the game.

Or, in the case of the Headless mini-bosses, you fight them five times.

>>tfw you deserve goty
You don't, game is just parry/attack 24/7 and with tools/skills that are useless 99% of the time.

The journos are gonna sweat if Death Stranding turns out to be undeniably mediocre. All that's left is fairly niche games. They shat on Sekiro for being too hard, had to ironically enjoy DMC5 because it's too over the top, I doubt they will give it to Resi2 as they think awarding goty to a remake will make the medium look bad and you gotta suck up to cinema for credibility. Fuck knows.

But you didn't despite saying the exploration is brain-dead you insufferable sensational cunt.

>Repeatedly using Rice and asking for more is "exploration"
Either you're an idiot or you're intentionally misinterpreting what anyone else would mean by saying exploration.

>and with tools/skills that are useless 99% of the time.
I partly blame the Spirit Emblem system. The fact that your resources are finite and require you to grind and stock on them in case you run out discourages experimentation.
In Souls, something like Pyromancy or Miracles always restored whenever you sat at a bonfire. You never had to grind for extra charges, nor did you ever have to fear completely running out of them and invalidating your playstyle. If you were experimenting on a specific playstyle (like, say, a Black Flame only run on an enemy) and your charges ran out, then you simply sit down at the bonfire and get your charges again. Or, if you're in Dark Souls 3, you can drink potions that restore your mana.
Sekiro doesn't have that flexibility in playstyles. The finite nature of Spirit Emblems means that experimentation is not as rewarding as it was in previous games.

>I partly blame the Spirit Emblem system. The fact that your resources are finite and require you to grind and stock on them in case you run out discourages experimentation.
It's not really an issue as you get Spirit Emblems easily for killing stuff. Problem is that most tools have a really narrow application.
>Axe's shield break thing is used only early game and in second Hirata estate visit
>Spear's armor break gimmick is pointless outside of one mini-boss and its visceral attack on two Ape fights isn't telegraphed at all
>Sabimaru's poison doesn't work against the majority of mini-bosses and bosses
>Finger Whistle is useful for two fights at best
>Divine Abduction I don't even know what it does since there was never a point to use it
Which leaves us with shurikens, umbrella, firecrackers, Mist Raven and flame vent as actually useful prosthetics, and even then there are enemies immune to flame vent and umbrella\Mist Raven are situational.

>>can get an upgrade to die three times
That shit doesn't work. If died once and the boss defeated you the second time, you won't have a third life.

The stealth in Sekiro is shit though

You will if you deathblow the boss in between.

Pathetic simp-ass bitch, your parents are ashamed of you.

Skills and sen are enough of an incetive.

I agree with your criticism of Dragonrot. It should have some form of permanent punishement.

I basically only used shurikens and then the umbrella for demon/headless/shichimen

But you will restore it even if you don't have that shit and deathblow the boss in between. I was completely startled by the uselessness of that thing. It's not a third life, it's bullshit.

Wait, Dragonrot doesn't kill? Un-fucking-believable.

Deathblowing a boss restores like 20% of a resurrection node.

Dataminers figured out all the stuff for dragonrot killing NPCs is in the game, it just got taken out. There's even recorded dialogues and menu text, so it looks like it got cut pretty late in development.

No, it just gives NPCs asthma.

Dragonrot actually killing would've been awful. Sekiro already punishes the player for deaths with sen and xp, extra random NPC kill on death would've been shit.

Weird since the main two GOTY contenders came out right before and right after it

stop right there Honey

Attached: 1560242095404.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

They kind of fucked up the implementation anyway. With how it works now, actually dying is what propagates Dragonrot, so you're encouraged to resurrect. If there were any sense to it, letting yourself die without resurrecting wouldn't spread Dragonrot, but resurrecting would. I imagine that's how it started out, but the devs realized it wasn't particularly fun to introduce a resurrection mechanic and then spit in your face for using it, so it got changed to how it is now, and then that system made it where it didn't make any sense to punish the player further for dying.

Keighley is fucking in Death Stranding, and Keighley has been shilling Kojima like fucking mad since forever almost.
I am not necessarily saying that Death Stranding is terrible, but I am however saying that even if Death Stranding was fucking terrible, it'd win GotY anyway. Let's be real. It's Death Stranding that will win GotY.

It makes perfect sense. You resurrect using the life force of your slain enemies. If you die too much and can't kill them, that life force has to come from somewhere else.

Also to follow up, if you could circumvent Dragonrot by just dying without revival, then no one would ever revive.

He wouldn't dare. That'd be Doritogate 2.0, worse even.

>if you could circumvent Dragonrot by just dying without revival, then no one would ever revive.
Yeah, that's what I'm assuming they figured out in playtesting that got them to change it.

>If there were any sense to it, letting yourself die without resurrecting wouldn't spread Dragonrot
If you died without resurrecting, it'd be game over - start a new game.

The game kind of does a piss poor job at properly explaining/conveying this. But the player character apparently has some power of resurrection natively. It's just that when said power is not enough to resurrect, then it saps the life force of everyone else instead. So it is essentially game overs alone that does it even if it kind of makes it sound like using the revive orbs does it.

None of that is true
The axe can be used to break a huge amount of an enemy's posture.
You can drag enemies with the spear and there are a lot of occasions you can use the armor breaking ability. It's also great for crowd control.
What you said about the Sabimaru is just straight up wrong.
The finger whistle works on all beast type enemies with a couple of exceptions and it can also be used to distract normal enemies
Divine Abduction can be used to get out of a sticky situation especially if you have the bloodsmoke ninjutsu equiped.

Nicole Fuentes

Not him but I got the purification ending (the one where sekiro sudokus) on my own without a guide the first time I played it. I also got all the snake hearts in the same playthrough.

Attached: 1568755841237.gif (300x300, 438K)

Oh boy, I can't wait to explore off the beaten path only to find a sugar or a balloon or a pouch of gold.

kys

>timed chest in rallypoint delta
>rush the two prior stages, aiming the chest, while sacrificing other chests in the prior stages to save time
>Scorched Acres
What the fuck? 3 times now.

>The axe can be used to break a huge amount of an enemy's posture
No real point, Ichimonji does the same thing and recovers your posture at the same time

>You can drag enemies with the spear and there are a lot of occasions you can use the armor breaking ability.
Again, what's the point to drag though? And I don't believe there's "a lot" of the occasions, there's one armored Taro Troop in front of the Abandoned Dungeon entrance which you can stealth kill anyway, and Shigekichi or whatshisname at the end of the game.

>What you said about the Sabimaru is just straight up wrong.
Enlighten me then. I've tried using it on both Owls, Isshin, fake Corrupted Monk and Demon of Hatred to no avail. It's pointless on Apes (fire deals with his first phase better) and true Corrupted Monk (posture fills fast enough anyway). It did make short work of O'rin and first Snake Eyes, as well as made the Fountainhead Palace easy but that's about it.

>The finger whistle works on all beast type enemies with a couple of exceptions and it can also be used to distract normal enemies
Why bother when you can just kill them? The only time I've even used it was the Long Shadow in second Hirata estate, and I guess you can do it on that drunkard in the mists.

>Divine Abduction can be used to get out of a sticky situation especially if you have the bloodsmoke ninjutsu equiped.
Except again it's easier to just kill things at that point in the game.

>What you said about the Sabimaru is just straight up wrong
I forced myself to like sabimaru, but gave up when it just got me killed without even a poison application. Sometimes it would poison the enemy but he'd already be dead by then. With bosses and minibosses it lasts so little that it doesn't even freeze their posture for long enough to justify the risk.
Where did you find it useful?

>Divine Abduction
Literally its only use is farming senpou temple mongs for a lot of loot. Which you can spend on more pointless upgrades for prosthetics.

It's tryhard trash though. Play it once and you've seen it all. The environments are boring. There's no weapon variety outside gimmicks.

Attached: 1562470319837.png (480x480, 148K)

this is the only game i bought all year
life is truly suffering when you have the most patrician taste

Zookdook

>being difficult ruins your chances
ftfy

still didn't beat it got bored after 1st boss. didn't feel satisfying

It's an incredibly solid no bullshit action game that's just a tad too niche to be popular among normies just like Ninja Gaiden was.

It's good, but not GOTY. DMC V and REmake 2 are better.

>DMC V and REmake 2 are better
nope

Attached: lel.jpg (150x150, 4K)

Kill yourself dipshit

who is that

Japanese devs can't win goty unless they're employed by Nintendo.
The Bloodborne debacle taught us this already.

Congrats you've officially grown out of video games. Enjoy life, user.

It was garbage. Even MGR which wasn't an amazing action game was way better.

What's with the absolute brainlets comparing this to MGR? Sekiro isn't a hack and slash retards.

>Sekiro isn't a hack and slash
Neither is MGR.

Attached: 1516997230762.gif (371x500, 2.13M)

Bloodborne was way better

It's a shame launching earlier in the year ruined this games, Overwatch's and The Witcher 3's chances...

Attached: 30f99676956da2452efbfd3677623b62712137c2.jpg (616x353, 45K)

Directional parries aren't hard, stop thinking you're above button mashing for it.
I love MGR too but c'mon dude, don't be that one delusional user shitting up threads.

Everyone agrees. Some people just hate it because it's sony exclusive.

And that got exactly ZERO (0) awards, not even for music.
These award shows have always been a joke of a marketing campaign.

W all know Death Stranding is winning GOTY of the year.

Attached: EBW9ghHU8AAOmvf.jpg (1394x1079, 355K)

I'm convinced this interactive experience is Kojima's attempt to put the final nail in the coffin for video games as a whole. If it wins he will have succeeded.

>all those incels replying
lmao

Diablo is a hack and slash you fucking retard. How did you even get it into to your head that MGR was in the same genre?

>moving the goal post
Just admit you're wrong man
You get the Ichimonji pretty late in the game. And what if the axe has a similar function?That's such a nonsense argument, the axe comes out faster and you might have something else already equiped in your combat arts. The loaded axe might be the most popular prosthetic tool in speed runs so either you're so ignorant about the game's mechanics or you're being dishonest af
Why wouldn't you drag enemies? It's a great way to close distance and get vitality damage since they get stunned for a second. What if you can stealth kill the tara troop in the abandned dungeon? It is not unfathemable to imagine a situation where you're engaged in combat. I don't even want to go on anymore. You're so dishonest.
There are tara troops in HIrata Estate and you can armor of the general

This.
Diablo = hack'n'slash.
MGR = slasher.

Attached: GB.jpg (234x215, 16K)

If you really want to be an argumentative little bitch then look it up yourself.
I honestly don't give a shit what your uninformed ass has deluded himself into thinking.

>You get the Ichimonji pretty late in the game.
Dude, what? You get Ichimonji right after you beat GYUOBU MASATAKA ONIWA. That's the first boss in the game. A lot of people get there before even going into Hirata where you find the axe.

No you have to purchase it in the Ashina Arts skill tree and you get that skill tree from Isshin.

Yes, from Isshin, who's Ashina Tengu, who you meet right after Gyoubu. It's not in the Mushin tree you only get after learning one ultimate technique from any other tree, in case that's what you're confusing it with. It's still very early in the game.

Ashina is just standing around in a building next to the GYOBU fight.

DLC fucking when?

You're a dumb nigger.

Attached: Unbenannt.png (1665x502, 56K)

>The Virgin Sekiro
>The Chad Nero
>The Chad Familiar User
>The Chard Devil Hunter
>The Chad Alpha and Omega

Jokes aside both are at least very good games. Its also pretty weird how two action games featuring playable characters with a missing arm have said arm replaced with a prosthetic capable of loads of added skills and abilities in addition to their one main weapon.

Fair enough

>Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is an action hack and slash video game developed by PlatinumGames and published by Konami Digital Entertainment.
Straight from Wikipedia, your own source. Will you finally shut up now?

>Wikipedia is one person
Check yourself my man.

>You get the Ichimonji pretty late in the game
You already got BTFO on that one

>And what if the axe has a similar function?
Axe costs resources that are shared with more useful tools, Ichimonji doesn't.

>Why wouldn't you drag enemies?
Shuriken+that skill that lets you follow up with a slice goes farther than any spear thing outside of rush.

>What if you can stealth kill the tara troop in the abandned dungeon? It is not unfathemable to imagine a situation where you're engaged in combat
Yes it is unfathomable that someone would go out of their way to go for direct combat with that enemy when an easier way is available.

>There are tara troops in HIrata Estate
I genuinely didn't notice whether those had armor, only remember that they had shields. That bumps the amount of armored enemies to the whole three in the whole game. Awesome.