youtube.com/watch?v=OLVcbS_U_b4
youtube.com/watch?v=fl9KQ1Mub6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=qOm1xpddFno
youtube.com/watch?v=X-9f5WAcUDs
youtube.com/watch?v=h7hkGyw9AlM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Better than THAW

Attached: thug2.png (600x800, 912K)

overall i like thug 2 better. wasteland has really nice flow with the connected map, but the levels arent as fun to me as the thug 2 levels. plus middle school me thought the jackass shit was hilarious

better then both

Attached: Skate-2.jpg (1000x1000, 91K)

Wrong, THUG 2 has
>Shittier OST
>Worse levels
>Idiotic story
>Not focused on skating
>Guest character bullshit
>Censored tits
Missed out on the PS3 era, is this game worth getting when I get a PS3 soon?

I was just being a dick I like all of these games but yes, the skate franchise is def worth a play through. Skate 2 is regarded as the best in the series, and honestly one of the best skateboarding games.

Wasn't it the game with BMXs?

As much as I love Skate, I really hated how janky the movement and everything felt in the 2nd and 3rd game.
The movement and tricks in the first game felt pretty smooth and weighty, but then the second felt like everything was snapping into place.
It's hard to explain. Like you were controlling a dude made of empty hoses or something, and all the movements were the hoses filling up with water and stiffening up. Honestly I can't really come up with a good analogy, but it all felt wrong. It's super obvious when you bail and do one of the poses. But it even extends to the tricks too.

THUG2 was just a shitty Viva La Bam game.

Absolutely fucking not. THAW is a shitheap.

>vert transfers roof to roof between 2 two-story buildings
>impressed by virgin muska doing a baby kickflip over a piece of plywood on the local playground
always felt out of place tbqhwya

Attached: Customskater.jpg (155x375, 23K)

fucking this. THUG1 and THPS2 are the best in the series.

Who would win in a fight?

Attached: Customskater.jpg (247x524, 29K)

Why did they steal the design of Life is Strange: Before the Stormâ„¢?

Attached: 085b59b79ff1bfd4802235c7585dcf74f7276b3c.jpg (616x353, 51K)

this was always my favorite tony hawk game too... loved santa monica... loved all the goofy stuff like grinding on the fish food on the oil rig... everything felt awesome. this game never disappoints!

anarchy dude.

THUG 2 was just for Bamfags
I should know, I was one.

Attached: Bam.gif (371x252, 998K)

I like Skate 1 &3

the virgin tony hawk vs chad muska

THUG >/= Wasteland > THUG2

>>/=
What the fuck does this mean? Not greater than? Can be greater than but actually not?

THUG is OG and is equal to THPS4

It was my attempt at being greater or equal to kek

Post Music
youtube.com/watch?v=6iTMdxdYJ0I

>better bike controls then the dave mirra series
>never used anywhere else since

Attached: 1544831944755.jpg (692x605, 40K)

wtf no

No

thug1 because he doesn't look like an autistic child with chicken legs

Everything after THPS 4 is shit.

Nah. This game's campaign felt like a tutorial the whole time through following a carrot on the stick. It's Classic mode had a grand total of 6 levels and only 1 unique to it (The Ruins), with 2 from THUG2 Remix and the other 4 THPS levels. Another THUG2 remix and THPS level with the collector's.

THUG2's campaign at least just threw you in the level and left you to find the objectives scattered around on your own. It's classic mode is stuffed with levels both new and old.

>Classic mode
Oh it's a retard

Stop propagating this meme retard. It didn't get truly bad until Proving Ground.

Attached: 3_013.jpg (470x608, 77K)

What are you on about. Classic Arcade mode is the bread and butter of Tony Hawk.

Here's your (You)

sweet thanks

Attached: 1558480578450.jpg (460x433, 70K)

it's his opinion you dumb fuck

THUG1 is great dude wtf

It's the safe basic bitch opinion of nostalgiafags who no longer even play the series. Followed closely by the storyfags of THUG1.

Can you do a natas spin in any other skating series?

fag this fag that you're a flaming faggot
THUG1 had good controls and editors for more stuff like tricks. THPS4 and THUG mark the departure for the series until it dies with 5. There's more redeemable qualities in those oldschool games than there is for the newer entries in the series.

>Whitest looking guy
>His game's abbreviation is THUG2

Attached: 1551777204381.jpg (500x396, 22K)

>spergspamming special kickflips and grinds while sticker slapping and manualing everywhere to get sick combos
>using the hacked goat character with better stats to get easy 200 mil combos
THUG2 was the best tony hawk game

THUG2 was fucking trash that killed the series.

And you are a newfag. You have THUG2 if you want a competent game without the archaic stiff controls. Nothing more annoying than playing Proskater games and being locked to the forward position, making hard swivels if you want to turn because you can't caveman. Not to mention the lack of being able to elevate yourself with spine transfers. And what is there to even challenge yourself with in THUG1, freeskate? It's a game of passivity. Project 8 itself is an alternative take on THPS4, a worldmap with objectives scattered about.

I hated everything about Skate 3, S1 and S2 had ultra comfy style going

this game was SHIT
also THUG1>AW>THUG2 but still fun

Attached: 5A43CD44-734B-40A3-9548-978209CB35B3.jpg (1000x665, 125K)

so why was it shit

Tony Hawk was the man who conceived the idea Ride, gimmicky plastic skateboard and all.

So I think we can ALL agree that American Wasteland had the BEST Tony Hawk soundtrack of all time, right?

>Green Day, MCR, Fallout Boy (when they were good), Thrice, Alkaline Trio, Rise Against

youtube.com/watch?v=sO-S32xnXA0
youtube.com/watch?v=wCfeUrTq07A
youtube.com/watch?v=Liaqcg6pXRs
youtube.com/watch?v=libUo-A4zGM
youtube.com/watch?v=9U5GhojHY9s
youtube.com/watch?v=-VZYKB7hXfM
youtube.com/watch?v=rZunViqjnZk
youtube.com/watch?v=libUo-A4zGM
youtube.com/watch?v=MWsYxBM8y3s
youtube.com/watch?v=yuDwHEKXfFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=UbAjxltPmuI

bad physics and awful game objectives

>read all this cool stuff about open world and other gimmicks of Project 8
>buy this game on ps2
>there is none of that shit
psp version is even worse

Is Bam going to be okay?

youtube.com/watch?v=9zpZXlTmnXo

Attached: bam.jpg (1920x1080, 172K)

>Rawhide by Nasshim
>Burn Hollywood Burn
>Who is Who
>Who do you want to be
>Holiday
>Everyone is Someone in LA
>Organism
Absolute kino, although THUG1 is my favourite just for childhood memories and introducing me to so many good bands I had no idea about

Does anyone have the image showing the timeline?

>although THUG1 is my favourite just for childhood memories and introducing me to so many good bands I had no idea about
THAW was the game that got me into music in general. I heard Holiday, loved it and things went on from there.

Green Day ended up being the first band I saw in concert too.

American Idiot is just a Quadrophenia rip off. Insomniac is where it's at.

What are your thoughts on their new song?

youtube.com/watch?v=9xtAYY04_p0

People think the new album is deliberately shit because it's their last record with Warner Bros.

Now do all this, while getting all the Arcade mode objectives in the level at once.

Attached: 1561696182972.jpg (347x365, 12K)

that's the best part imo
it's ridiculous

hahahahahaha, no

Attached: 1476801236838.png (800x504, 54K)

I stopped listening to them at 21st century breakdown.
>that song
terrible, just overproduced shit. at some point a band just becomes a money making machine, just like the new blink-182 music.

youtube.com/watch?v=LWAmY1at3xc

this is the green day i like

HEAR THE SOUND OF THE FALLING RAIN
COMING DOWN LIKE AN ARMAGEDDON FLAME (HEY!)
A SHAME
THE ONES WHO DIED WITHOUT A NAME

>Geek Stink Breath

Good shit. I always loved this song.

Personally, I've always preferred Angels and Airwaves over Blink-182. Do you like them? I like that Tom really tries something new with AvA.

Eh, I wasn't into it.
The original game seemed like this pretty down to earth thing. Like that love of skateboarding and the culture. Pretty grounded and stuff, like real skateboarding. Like something simple like flipping into a grind was cool. Since it'd be impressive irl to pull something like that off.

Then it turned into some zany, wacky parody of itself, with worse controls and animations. Which I don't have a problem with, but the controls and shit were so fucking bad compared to the original. Like they chucked the engine and team and rebuilt it from scratch with other people.

HEAR THE DOGS HOWLIN' OUT OF KEY
TO A HYMN CALLED FAITH AND MISERY (HEY!)
AND BLEED, THE COMPANY LOST THE WAR TODAY

>He didn't main Billie Joe Armstrong

Attached: billy-joe_nvb1.png (998x726, 814K)

nah I've never really listened to AvA. the last band in that modern alt-rock but also popular category i really listen to my chemical romance, mainly thier first two albums. then in 2008 i discovered Yea Forums and branched out the kind of music was listening to.

Never played the first one, but i can understand your anger, user.
It just sucks seeing something you like getting butchered for more $$$

Fuck you, I liked it.

youtube.com/watch?v=89aKm-7WwLQ

I never thought about this, very interesting

I love them both but the style and music of THAW steal the win for me

I played for hours on the oil rig and the boardwalks with this playing
youtube.com/watch?v=o5Z5HFnvjyo
I adored everything about the first 2 games but could never get into Skate 3 even though it looked so much nicer
and there's nothing wrong with that
it sucks watching whats happened to him since Dunn's death

Bullets and Three Cheers are classic albums, aren't they? What are a few bands you'd recommend right now? I'd like some new music to listen to.

Not him but
youtube.com/watch?v=8-cepZ6K7mY
youtube.com/watch?v=FQFhZs7NqNM (2nd favourite album ever made, so good)
The entire Burnout 3 OST

THAW had that hot skater chick with the sexy voice.

You mean 3. 4 is when they started adding dumb shit like skitching an elephant while it shits on you.

youtube.com/watch?v=LyoPGlNs-NU
youtube.com/watch?v=OLVcbS_U_b4
youtube.com/watch?v=fl9KQ1Mub6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=qOm1xpddFno

try these mang

I love Thursday and I've heard of Promise Ring before too?

DFA1979 are fantastic too. I'll check the rest out too.

It's cool. Thanks for understanding.
I have a lot of love for it because it came around that time that I was really into skateboarding and so were my friends, so we'd spend all day together being terrible at it, then come home and all play together online.
It'd be less of competing and shit, and more just hanging out at spots in the game and skating. Sharing lines, seeing stuff we could come up with and trick off, exploring. The same stuff we were doing in real life, but in the game. Then coming back irl and trying to do similar stuff.
I dunno, it's kind of stupid. No other game really captured that though.
It's a fair bit of nostalgia, but I remember not really being into the second one because it was too off the wall. No pun intended (well, it's a little intended).

That being said. I wouldn't mind it coming back even if it were shitty like the 2nd or 3rd. As long as it was on PC. I hate EA with a burning passion, but if Skate ever came out on PC I'd buy it.
I saw the other games on Steam trying to capture the feel, but they just don't have that same kind of feel to it. Plus they're still pretty janky.

Moving Mountains are a great underrated band you should check out
Listen to Pneuma

tony hawk tweets are cringeworthy

Downhill jam was underrated

better than them fucking all
youtube.com/watch?v=X-9f5WAcUDs

Attached: tony2.jpg (342x348, 33K)

it's really hard to compare THPS games, after 3 it's basically the same game and your favorite will be decided by your nostalgia alone

THPS 1 to THAW are all good games that acomplish what they set out to do for the player. Project 8 and Proving Ground aren't THPS gmaes since they feel like Sim Mode Cheat is turned on for the entire game, not to mention wonky Havok physics.

Seriously the DS spin-offs are better since they use the older engines.

Attached: proving ground.jpg (427x400, 39K)

I miss it when this dumbass wasn't so damn sad to watch, viva la bam was the shit.

>Project 8 and Proving Ground aren't THPS gmaes since they feel like Sim Mode Cheat is turned on for the entire game
always felt like a B-team worked on them, it's literally soul vs soulless when compared to any of the old games
I really wish the developers of THUG PRO port the classic mode challenges to that game, online is literally autism

>I really wish the developers of THUG PRO port the classic mode challenges to that game

From what I understand they could only get the THUG2 level goals working since it's a mod of that game. Every other level would have to be programmed from scratch.

And yeah online is very one track minded, there should be casual lobbies for average players, not just people who play everyday for the past 20 years.

Nah, I just played it for the first time a year or so ago, 100%'d it and is correct, THUG2 barely beats THUG1 thanks to the classic mode.

Though I did think the insane challenges in every level + the storyline near the end was great in the first game...

I surprised he didn't die yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=h7hkGyw9AlM
YOU'RE IN A DISARRAY
THINGS USED TO BE A DIFFERENT WAY
WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE GOLDEN AGE?

The DS games used their own engine iirc. The physics didn't quite match any of the console games.