If i want to get into the team ninja’s NG series, what versions of each game is the best?

if i want to get into the team ninja’s NG series, what versions of each game is the best?

Attached: 84CB74EB-E47C-41D8-B839-F94B4983CE72.png (220x266, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VDAiYc_sy8A?t=121
youtu.be/VDAiYc_sy8A?t=265
youtu.be/fTem9VB1k30?t=63
youtu.be/gZdno-EIYFY?t=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Get an X, get a NBG,m and NG2, and enjoy that shit in 4k 60fps.

black for xbox ( think a xbone port exists)
360 version of 2
3 razors edge (any version is fine but play the wii u version if you want the slut costumes for the doa characters)

thanks. what’s with the sigma versions btw?

Ninja gaiden black
regular version of 2

Sigma 1 is mostly fine actually but sigma 2 is shit

ps3 ports with changes
i only know that sigma one adds Rachel (blone tiddy girl with axe) as a playable character for a few missions

They both have slow down. It's very minimal however.

Ninja Gaiden Black (xbox)
Ninja Gaiden 2 (xbox 360)

so is the slowdown that bad that it isn’t worth sigma’s extra shit?

>tried this when I was little
>beat the first boss, but didn't like the controls for some reason
>comes back on xbone backwards compatibility
>try it again
>touching the right stick AT ALL shifts you into first person, instead of moving the camera to see your enemies
And the camera was my biggest enemy. My mind went "well it's alright, it was early for the genre" but I looked it up and it was 2005!

Phil is that you?

Also op, if you have and XboneX, gamepass comes with Nijna Gaiden Black - usually they have a trial for $1

No, because I got that shit through the gamepass free trial. I already own every other game I want that's on gamepass, so I cancelled it before it rolled over into a cash charge.
Isn't worth it if you already own an xbox library. But it's probably a good deal if you just bought one, for some reason.

Not a problem when you get uses to hitting left trigger to snap the camera behind you.

You'll wonder how you lived without it.

its getting taken off next week

Waaaa? That's fucked up.
Still though, it's worth buying the full release for what? $15? Really good game.

I'd rather just have a better camera. The camera also doesn't move in some rooms, but allows enemies to be offscreen.

It unironically has a better camera than 2 user.

I don't care about 2. I'm judging the game as it is. Comparing it to a sequel I didn't play is irrelevant. It doesn't improve 1's camera.

NG1: Sigma is superior to the Black, or vanilla with hurricane packs

Attached: Differences_in_NG1_Black_Vs_Sigma_6_PNG.png (4098x1963, 1M)

Black, but Sigma is nearly as good.
II, Sigma 2 is much worse but still playable.
Razor's Edge, but nothing can fix NG3.

>360 version of 2
why would you get the one with 0 frames per second?

black on xbox, xbox360 or xbone, all of them are good. NG2 on xbone

>>touching the right stick AT ALL shifts you into first person, instead of moving the camera to see your enemies
if you click down the right stick it will function like normal

most allow the camera to be moved even if its a preset camera angle. and offscreen enemies are less aggressive

thanks for your help guys. what do the sigma/black/razors edge edtions do to change the game

Pc port when? I was starting to get hopeful when they started to release DoA and beach volleyball on steam, but it seems our boy ryu is destined to stay shackled on consoles.

Jesus
Black also has the guard break animation and sound. You dont ever want to be in first person mode, so any complaints about that are retarded.
Reverse roll is garbage in sigma since its some flip with way worse recovery
>say flipping backwards is better because more skill, then complain about how UTs are slower and this totally doesnt require more skill
>lobby changes a little
so its a sigmafag thats just angry he canot do the same shit
>no mention of the quickuse menu allowing you to pop potions during a grab

>birds adn rats drop blue orbs
Alright, ive gotten halfway and a lot of points im like "im pretty sure black has this but its too long ago to remember" but here i call bullshit. Because i know for 100% sure killing a rat in black gives you a blue essence. And to be frank, a lot of the shit he complains about are just changes between sigma and black he doesnt like because he's not used to them. He calls the helicopters not dropping essence a drawback of black, when really its a sidegrade, depending on whether you find a higher difficulty an upgrade or not.

sigma added better graphics, rachel levels, extra load screens, some balance changes (different enemy placement, being able to drink potions at any time, some changes of the save statues and store statues). For a casual playthrough it doesnt really matter, but if you get really into it the small things add up. The loads are the worst though, its really annoying if youre used to having a really short load time.

black basically put all the DLC into the NG04 game, and difficulties now change enemies rather than just buffing their stats, and a million more tiny things.

RE unfucked NG3 but its still a rotten core

There is no blood in Sigma 2.

NG2: vanilla is a superior experience than Sigma, despite Sigma adding more playable characters, missions, bosses and costumes.

NG2 Vanilla has very aggressive enemies that will kill you, but they do not have excessive health and will die in a single Ultimate Technique or Izuna drop. The game will absolutely destroy you even on normal settings, you will die many times on each boss, you will struggle for hours and hours to clear the game, and when you do finally get good at the game you will feel so absoultey badass after you're able to clear waves of enemies.

Sigma does an opposite approach, where they reduced the number of enemies, and made the enemies stronger offensively and devensively. On Master Ninja, some regular weakling non-boss enemies can destroy you in a two hits, meanwhile an Izuna drop will no longer instant kill enemies. This makes fighting much more of a chore, and less of a rush. Vanilla also had more of an emphasis of chaining Ultimate Techniques one after another by managing the essence dropped by enemies, that would make you a murderous invincible killing machine...granted that you manage essence and can survive the points to create openings for UTs.

The reason why Sigma changed so much was because of the enemy projectile spam that everyone complained about in Vanilla. The vanilla developers created an oversight with Ryu in that he absolutely destroys anything that gets near him, so to give the players challenge they gave these hyper aggressive enemies increased ranged capabilities (projectile spam from offscreen) but did not give Ryu proper counter measures for this, nor increased Ryu's ranged offenses (aiming w/ bow & arrow will get you killed in heat of battle).

Sigma also did away with more cumbersome areas of Vanilla, less combat on water, the worm caves in the jungle, and streamlined the gameplay that you practically don't require key items to progress

Graphically Sigma is worse overall, despite having better lighting & models

Attached: Differences_in_NG2_Vanilla_Vs_Sigma_1_PNG.png (5132x1808, 741K)

NG3: Razor's Edge is better than vanilla. Vanilla practically killed the franchise it was so bad.
Razor's Edge tweaked it so it played much more like the original franchise, but it still had a lot of issues that kept if from reaching the heights of the previous games in its franchise

Attached: NG3_vs_NG3RE_for_Wii-U2.png (1395x1664, 1.62M)

What's wrong with Razor's Edge? I know 3 was shit, but I really couldn't find any problems with Razor's Edge besides the terrible story.

I would kill to have NGB on PC but I think it's never ever going to happen

It's going to have to boil down to personal preference.

Some people will say that the boss fights in NG3RE were no where near as good, so it will never feel as epic.

Personally in my book NG2 vanilla > NG3RE >>> NG1 Sigma.

NG3 was my first entry to the series, and loved NG3RE when I first played it. Later spent hundreds of hours in all versions of NG1 then NG2. When I came back to NG3, something just felt off.

I personally feel that NG2 vanilla combat was the pinnacle of the series because it was all about chaining Ultimate Techniques to defeat waves of hyper aggressive enemies, while you manage invincibilty frames from dodging/izuna drops, while creating openings for more UTs that turn you into an invicible buzzsaw of death.

NG3RE got rid of the essence (from dead bodies) used to fuel your UT chains, and therefore killed this mechanic. Now all the fights are done mostly without UT's. There are points when your weapon glows read and you can use a UT in an instant without charging, however nobody ever does wants to do this because it will end the point modifier bonus killing your score. In the end, nobody uses the flashy UT's which were the bread and butter of the series beforehand, the player feels less powerful. The enemies block a lot more, which is very deadly since you're just sitting there like a sitting duck for a second, instead of safely launching enemy in air for izuna drop. I remember even fighting NG1 fiends in NG3 bonus stages, and they're blocking stuff they never did in NG1 and it screws me up. I admit, I've played NG3RE probably the least of the other games, but something just feels off.

It's still got that frantic fast paced combat of NG2 vanilla, which I love. I think it's got way better combat than NG1's gameplay, which I did not "grow up with" so I have no nostalgia tied with that. NG1 was a great game, but so much of its combat was always block/wait for 1 sec window where enemy boss is vulnerable

Attached: NG2_1V_B04-18fps____A_02-057b.gif (260x146, 3M)

Play Sigma 1 if you can, there is no reason whatsoever to play Black over it, it's a complete upgrade.

Choose between Sigma 2 and Vanilla 2. They are not interchangeable, it's just that both have stuff the other does not and it's up to preference.

Choose between the PS3 and Xbox version of NGRE, they should both be the same.

If all you have is a PS4 instead of a PS3 then don't bother, play the Xbox games.

NG2 is the pinnacle because it's all about spamming invincible frames to one shot enemies? I doubt you actually put any time into these games if this is your mindset.

holy shit I made that top image, never thought I'd see it again

NG2 is the best version of NG. Sigma 2 had to drastically tone down enemies and adjusted by buffing their HP (ps3 couldn't handle as many enemies as xbox 360), but the game didn't adjust the balance of the strength of moves for this, making several moves pretty much useless.

Sigma 1 is missing a few things from black, and many say it's not responsive, but sigma 1 does have upsides. Your choice, but I'd go with black.

You literally have no idea of what you are talking about

Avoid Sigma 2 at all cost

avoid vanilla 2 at all costs

t.Snoy

>Personally in my book NG2 vanilla > NG3RE >>> NG1 Sigma.
I wouldn't rate NG1 that low, but I also found 3RE more fun to play and replay than Sigma

>console wars faggotry
thought so

You did good! Thank you for making that.
What would be your opinion then? It is not like Ryu has the tools of Dante or Bayonetta to endlessly juggle launched enemies from the safety of mid air.

You can't spam them either, believe me I wish you could. You gotta work to make those openings. Most of his tools require him to defeat enemies one by one, which is quite dangerous in a crowd of enemies as the longer the fight lasts the more likely you are to get hurt. You're constantly dancing on a razor's edge trying to avoid damage and death from crowds of hyper aggressive enemies. You practically never move in combat without the block button held down. You're always dodging, using wall throws, izuna drops, obliteration techniques...but it takes enemies out 1 by 1, which is still quite dangerous since it whittles down the crowd too slow. The game forces you to go on the offensive with UT's which attack many enemies at once, which is quite different from NG1 where you are always on the defensive just waiting for an opening.

Mind you, this is usually for the minor enemies. For the boss fights, all that goes out the window and you gotta go back to the very defensive play of always blocking/dodging, waiting for the perfect moment to strike a quick few good hits, then going back to defense.

Attached: NG2_1V_A21____Z.gif (280x158, 2.97M)

Friendly reminder that NG3RE runs decent on Cemu.

>inb4 it's shit

No, it isn't. It's not NGII-levels of good, but still a fine game.

I mean it's the only reason why anyone would defend SIgma 2, this huge piece of shit

My opinion is that NG2 while not being bad, easily has the worst gameplay loop out of any of the games baring certified trash like vanilla 3 and Yaiba. The effectiveness of UTs combined with the enemies pathetic health pool and delimb resistance means you can spend 80% of your time watching an animation play out while in invincible frames instead of actually engaging the enemy. The OT and delimb system as it is in vanilla 2 bypasses so many enemy mechanics it's not even funny, you start to notice this when you play through Sigma 2. The enemy aggression is not all that it's cracked up to be because most of them have to split their time between engaging you in melee and spamming projectiles and all of them have their life expectancy plummet the minute they come into your range since on average you will delimb them in just 2 hits. This means their numbers virtually count for nothing since only a set number of them can engage you in melee at a time, meaning all it boils down to is a trickle of enemies being funneled into a meat grinder instead of actually posing a threat.

I can't believe you because i know you are 100% factually wrong. Not only can you spam UTs but the game literally mentions it and even gives it a name as if it is it's own technique. UTs are very powerful in 2, on average they kill 2 enemies letting you just charge a new one instantly again and again. The delimb system makes it so you can spam OTs as well. Another thing wrong with vanilla 2 is that they gave bosses adds instead of health, that is when they even bother to give bosses ads.
Now i think NG2 has the best movesets in the series and definitely the most secret tech, but Sigma 2 has those same things as well so it does not stand out in that aspect any more. Also the low enemy health means often times you will only get to see those full strings when you do it on corpses for flair.

CONTINUED

Attached: Falcon Talons sabaki.webm (900x506, 2.92M)

I wasn't trying to say NG1 was bad, but rather NG2 was a significant improvement in the combat, with NG3RE just under NG2.

Many parts of NG1 were quite tense, but the later games had a frantic gameplay that forced you to be both very offensive and not just very defensive.

In some respects NG3RE probably has more refined combat mechanics in some areas than NG2, but it's got weird flaws that bring the overall experience lower. Some enemies, like those wizards, have weird invincibility during some animations that make the game go from hard to unfair. Sometimes you'll break an enemy's guard with a hard attack, but they'll take a step or two backwards so you can't follow up with anything.

Attached: Biggest changes between 1 and 2_PNG.png (1897x2620, 274K)

Now don't get me wrong. Sigma 2 did not actually "fix" the health and delimb issue, it just went in the opposite direction but i find it more satisfying to actually have to fight the enemies instead of having their limbs fly off the second i look at them sideways. Unfortunately the highest difficulty in Sigma 2 is more challenging than fun. Did you know that it actually has less enemy spawns than easier difficulties to "balance" out the ridiculous high damage? Speaking of enemy spawns, that's another problem with vanilla 2, they can get kinda dull with fighting multiples of the same enemy over and over in the same level. Back on topic of difficulty, unfortunately i think that Master Ninja is kinda trash for both versions.

Also back to one of your previous points about RE. No one, and i mean NO ONE, cares about saving Bloody Rage for the karma multiplier in that game. It's too valuable a resource on the highest difficulties to think about it that way. You can do it if you are particularly comfortable with the fight or for style reasons but the priority is by far to use it for actually killing the enemies and giving you back the use of your hold moves while building up to another or pocketing it if you know a hard enemy wave is coming,

Shut the fuck up console warrior manchild, grownups are talking.

Attached: Sakura Madoi.webm (900x506, 2.94M)

There is nothing unfair about regular Alchemists. There's guaranteed ways to do damage to them, anything other than those is a matter of hit confirming. They are mini bosses specifically designed to counter mindless button spam.

I can't think of a single enemy that can guard and backstep off the top of my head much less backstep from a guard break, which puts enemies in a stumble backwards stun.

I didn't like NG2. NGB was amazing but 2 felt like a fan mod.

Yes, grown ups realize how much of a shitshow SIgma 2 is.
Seeth.

>you can spend 80% of your time watching an animation play out while in invincible frames instead of actually engaging the enemy
That apply to any NG except 3RE which actually forced you to engage using all your tools because you couldn't UT at will.

>less enemy spawns than easier difficulties
This is why S2 is garbage by the way. So much time spend traversing boring environments without a single enemy in the way.

No. Though you can most definitely spam UTs in NG1 they are not all room clearing monsters and there is no OT system whatsoever. The ratio is much lower. The ratio is also lower in Sigma 2 simply because enemies have higher delimb resistance, they can some times eat a full string and still be in the fight. A good example of this are the black and demon claw ninjas: In vanilla 2 they are just a exploding shuriken dispensing machine, the minute they are come near you they are dead. Do you see that sliding move the guy does in the webm? You hit a claw ninja with it and 95% of the time it will lop their legs off, bam, that's all she wrote. In Sigma 2 a black or demon claw ninja is effectively a miniboss that can be delimbed. The thing skewing the ratio is not actually the UTs, it's the delimb system and OTs. I actually love delimb and OT system, i think they were easily the best system introduced in NG2, BUT they only got the balance right for it in RE.

No cares what you have to say about games you haven't played, console wars faggot.

Attached: Pure Skill.webm (640x360, 2.63M)

Idiot..

Signatures are against the rules

Sigma was still boring. SOme of the balance was better for sure but I still prefer the original, except on MNM
Whatever. 3RE was more fun.

I agree with some of your points, but still think vanilla is better and gives a better rush to the player. The enemies in Sigma master have absurd damage output, that you're always playing super defensively. I remember playing on that mountain graveyard area, and some ninja killed me in two hits (he was effectively stronger than a boss). In master every time you got thrown it's instant death.

It stopped feeling like a game of skill, but a game of luck, because any mistep could kill you. Therefore you were fighting even MORE defensively, and even MORE reliant on UT's when you can manage them. You stopped feeling like a super ninja at this point, even Izuna Drops don't kill in one hit anymore.

>only a set number of them can engage you in melee at a time
yeah, I did notice this. But it is better to be fighting like 3 at once with another 3 circling you (not counting any projectile spam = always keep moving), instead of 1 guy engaging you and two guys circling you. It was more of a frantic gameplay that forced you to be on your toes, and there were less enemies "waiting in line" to fight you. This "waiting to engage" part of the AI was particularly funny with the werewolves in Sigma, atleast in the streets. They'd run up to you and wait like 4 seconds while circling you, then attack. You could abuse their AI by doing UT's while they wait, then running away to reset them & repeat.

>their life expectancy plummet the minute they come into your range
This is probably the core of NG2's design problem, in both versions. Ryu is just an absolute beast in melee range, how to keep challenge then? Vanilla used numbers & projectiles, Sigma gave enemy health. Common strategy in both games is to do UT around a corner & wait for enemies.

In end on Master difficulty: vanilla weaker enemies that once you got good you felt like super ninja.Sigma easier, but 1-2 errors kill you, making game feel less about skill and more about luck, play super defensively=chore

Attached: ng6.jpg (1280x1440, 489K)

I was the same guy all along by the way, you triple retard.

I can't even tell which game your talking about. It's fine to have a preference either way, i have mine,

It's true, the damage output is way overboard in MN and it's not fun to be dunking on some fools and then get one shotted for maming a single mistake, but then again i think the damage output in vanilla 2 is way too low for how little threat the enemies pose and what you can do. Ninja Gaiden has always been heavily focused on defense though so i don't see the issue on more defensive gameplay. You can play Mentor in Sigma 2 if you want the same damage as Master in vanilla, though obviously not the same exact experience, also a bit too much use of tactical ninjas in that difficulty if i am being honest.

It's most definitely a game of skill and relying on UTs is entirely on you not the game. Some times bullshit can happen, most definitely, the best you can do is try and anticipate it. Thing is this all just applies to a single difficulty setting, and i don't judge games based on such a narrow metric.

Well you just fucked up my friend because the numbern of enemies that can engage you at the same time in either version is exactly the same and not only that but because enemies don't spam projectiles nor die in under 5 seconds often times you will be fighting more people in melee in Sigma 2 than in vanilla 2. The AI behavior for the werewolves in Sigma 2 is the same, they only removed the body toss attack they had in vanilla which is why they just circle around you in Sigma 2, they don't have that attack to use (which did basically nothing by the way but it was cool). The number of them that are actually engaging you in melee though is exactly the same, werewolves don't swarm or have high volume of attacks in either version. Also fun fact, werewolves are candidates for the most bullshit enemy in Sigma 2 MNM because their charging tackle will one shot you at any health level and they can do it from off screen like cheap fucks. CONTINUED

Attached: 1566735041200.png (612x720, 626K)

I don't judge these games based on the lowest common denominator strategy, actually i don't judge any action game that way or they would all be shit. As long as the gameplay allows for more WITHIN REASON (see God Hand for how to fuck it up) then I'll try to ignore the fact that it can be dumbed down. Like i said before RE managed to find the perfect balance between health, damage, delimb resistance and enemy numbers, so to answer your question: that. This is not to say that the combat in RE is without flaws because in my opinion they went a tiny bit overboard with the nerfs (which were needed) to the player character and definitely overboard with the enemy moveset properties.

I like all the games besides vanilla 3 and Yaiba though. I have no problem recommending vanilla 2 to others, this is me No shit, you dumb fuck.

Attached: Dragon Gleam.webm (900x506, 2.88M)

not op, but what do you guys think about the idea of getting a 360 and playing black and 2 on it? that fine? i think that should be cheap, i dont have the money to just buy a x
or maybe i should just get a xbox and ditch ng2
>ng on pc never ever

I bought an original Xbox just to play Black & some Sega games. I think it was worth it. The console is easily hacked after all.

That's fine, 2 will get slowdown in some segments but not enough to justify the cost of a brand new dead console in my opinion. If you end up liking them make sure you try RE as well, it made NG a trilogy.

Make sure it's either cheap or you have interest in other titles since money is tight and your buying a system for just 2 games and all.

Attached: Liz.webm (656x324, 2.66M)

anyone know if theyve got a new one in development? would like to play some current gen NG

Sigma 2 is the worst version of a videogame maybe ever

NGB > NG2 > NGDS
Don't play anything else

I'll give you props for defending a version nobody else will. Writing two replies shows me that this is a subject that really means a lot to you.

>Mentor
Who judges Ninja Gaiden games by anything but their master mode? Vanilla's master mode is still harder than Sigma's master mode, even with it's BS one hit kills or trash mobs that hit harder than bosses.

Been years since I've played either, but when I did I played them back to back. That werewolf exploit stuck out like a sore thumb. I can't remember the exact engagement rate, I may be wrong there, but you're doing a shit job convincing anybody the enemies in Sigma were more aggressive or engaged you more. The eneimeis in Sigma had a noticiable drop in aggression, atleast 10 percent.

But I do think I'm beginning to see where you're coming from. It seems like you kept on dismembering enemies for some reason, I was always in such a frantic position that I'd try to kill things as soon as possible (Izuna drops, combos, UT's, not waiting setting up opportunities for OT's later). The only times I ever really delimbed enemies was in the trials with those projectile spamming enemies, and you could make good strategy by maiming certain enemies.

>I don't judge these games based on the lowest common denominator strategy
But if somebody asks "hey bro, which game should I play" not "which is the better game", like in this thread, I gotta say Vanilla. Judging both, by their hardest difficulty of course, I feel Sigma just has way too much BS for me to recommend it over Vanilla, despite the tons of extra content AND Vanilla's own BS problems. This is despite you needed to play more strategically to overcome the extra enemy health in Sigma (and oh yeah, OT system).

It feels like your big argument is "Sigma enemies stronger = more difficult = better game", which does not hold water against vanilla being more difficult.

Attached: NG2_1V_A88____B_02-085b Ninja Gaiden 2 with guest director Michael Bay.gif (272x153, 2.99M)

Some video comparison of NG2 vanilla vs sigma for anybody to see
youtu.be/VDAiYc_sy8A?t=121
youtu.be/VDAiYc_sy8A?t=265

For me it's hard to say which version is superior, but I feel the combat, pacing and overall flow of vanilla is better...when vanilla finally gets cooking. Vanilla also FAILS in many areas as well, skull worm tunnels, water combat, projectile spam, jellyfish water-landmines, tests of valor FULL of projectile spam that you have to strategically de-limb specific enemies and fight for an hour, etc. Sigma shines in many other areas, adds tons of content in form of playable characters/bosses/missoions/weapons, streamlines gameplay, removes keys, never having to collect arrows from dead bodies, can always use shurikens to set up combos, removes many BS fights...but it also does some stupid things like much lower enemy count, and on hardest difficulty enemies can insta kill you.

It's a mixed bag. Just like their graphics. It feels like one step forward, one step backwards. In the end it will come down to preference.

If you're going to play on hardest difficulty, I think Vanilla is way to go. If you're only going to play on casual difficulty, Sigma provides best experience.

Any is absolutely fine. In the end it will come down to preference. I'm such a NG nut I'd say "play them ALL" but not everybody can do that. I feel NG1 Sigma is better version than black 95% of the time, NG2 vanilla better experience despite sigma having more content.

Attached: D3.jpg (4360x1688, 1.71M)

Well thanks for the props but they are hardly deserved since i can assure you that outside of LARP parrot hugboxes like Yea Forums there are other people who don't view Sigma 2 as the butthole of Satan "because". Sigma 2 is still the game in the series that gets the most regular user made content on Youtube on a daily basis. If you're paying attention to the "game is best thing ever, slightly different game is worst thing ever" crowd I'm afraid to say you lost sight of the picture.

>Who judges Ninja Gaiden games by anything but their master mode? Vanilla's master mode is still harder than Sigma's master mode, even with it's BS one hit kills or trash mobs that hit harder than bosses.
I and i hope every single reasonable person does. Also LMAO no, oh God no. You could not be further from the truth, vanilla 2 is by leaps and bounds the easiest game on the highest difficulty in the entire series while Sigma 2 is contender for hardest with RE.

>the enemies in Sigma were more aggressive or engaged you more. The eneimeis in Sigma had a noticiable drop in aggression, atleast 10 percent.
Ooookay now you went and fucked it all up for good. I thought i was finally talking to someone who knows, but no, you're just regurgitating some meme fucking biased image that was fed to you and that has been debunked several times before. How do you measure "10% aggressiveness" dumbfuck? Do you know how fucking ridiculous that sounds? You might as well post that bullshit image while you're at it, no use pretending otherwise now. I don't need to convince anyone, it's there, readily apparent to anyone who played both version of the game, it's an observable fact. It's like asking for someone to convince others water is wet. Why do i even bother giving people the benefit of the doubt when i know for a fact everyone here knows fuck all about NG...

I don't even wanna read the rest of your post. Fucking hell. I can't put into words how disappointed i am with you right now,

Attached: 1565773000866.gif (400x282, 1.91M)

Oh look, it's the one cherrypicking bullshit video again. I'm shocked.

Attached: Ninja glare.jpg (480x360, 17K)

eh...I think you're right, that video does cherry pick too much. Let me find another one. Deleting post.

It's a pretty shit port, the 4k patch looks like someone smeared vaseline on the screen and chapter 13 still has that awful graphical glitch, luckily you can buy a physical copy for $5 and it'll give you a license for the digital version on xbone.

Keep your post, it's gonna get posted anyway, it always does. There is no other. Listing all the changes would be a lot of work and the only people autistic enough to do it would be for an agenda.

Some video comparison of NG2 vanilla vs sigma for anybody to see
youtu.be/fTem9VB1k30?t=63
youtu.be/gZdno-EIYFY?t=1

For me it's hard to say which version is superior, but I feel the combat, pacing and overall flow of vanilla is better...when vanilla finally gets cooking. Vanilla also FAILS in many areas as well, skull worm tunnels, water combat, projectile spam, jellyfish water-landmines, tests of valor FULL of projectile spam that you have to strategically de-limb specific enemies and fight for an hour, etc. Sigma shines in many other areas, adds tons of content in form of playable characters/bosses/missoions/weapons, streamlines gameplay, removes keys, never having to collect arrows from dead bodies, can always use shurikens to set up combos, removes many BS fights...but it also does some stupid things like much lower enemy count, and on hardest difficulty enemies can insta kill you.

It's a mixed bag. Just like their graphics. It feels like one step forward, one step backwards. In the end it will come down to preference.

If you're going to play on hardest difficulty, I think Vanilla is way to go. If you're only going to play on casual difficulty, Sigma provides best experience.

Any is absolutely fine. In the end it will come down to preference. I'm such a NG nut I'd say "play them ALL" but not everybody can do that. I feel NG1 Sigma is better version than black 95% of the time, NG2 vanilla better experience despite sigma having more content.

Attached: D3.jpg (4360x1688, 1.71M)

Razor's edge unfucked 3's combat system (more combos, you can upgrade weapons, UTs are back, cicada surge/flash step which are enhanced dodges and steel on bone which is specifically designed to counter grab spam) added more weapons (kusari gama, scythe, lunar, dual katanas and claws), more ninpos (everything but inazuma and fire wheel, momiji has a pretty similar ninpo though), chapter challenges (the trials from 2 with cameo fights at the end, shit like doku, alma and demon genshin), more costumes (like the NES blue suit) and playable kasumi, it's also the most balanced game in the series, master/ultimate ninja difficulty will slap your shit only if you're retarded.

heh, credit where credit is due, you actually deleted the post. I guess my faith is partially restored. I never watched that Sigma 2 playthrough so i don't know how good the gameplay is but this is the only impartial way to do it for now. Of course this only matters for people who have played either version of the game to completion, new players should avoid watching the whole playthrough.

Attached: 15655522100202.webm (1920x1080, 2.89M)

I think Ninja Gaiden Black and Sigma are way more balanced than RE. RE on Ultimate Ninja difficulty has some bullshit sections like the end of chapter 2. Everything else you said is right on the money though.

Ngb and Ng2 are both on xbone bc and look and run the best on the bone X

who /vita/ here
remember to overclock and 2 will run at a locked 30fps at native res

Attached: 2019-07-11-132321.png (960x544, 696K)

Black has that godawful hydracubus fight with 10+ demon catgirls, that's even worse than the 3 alchemists right before the first save point or the end of chapter 2, which is iirc the infinite jetpack guys and the helicopter.

>view Sigma 2 as the butthole of Satan "because"
Is that where you think I'm coming from? That explains your anger.

>You could not be further from the truth, vanilla 2 is by leaps and bounds the easiest game on the highest difficulty in the entire series while Sigma 2 is contender for hardest with RE.
You've failed to convince me. I played one right after the other, working my way up to master on each, vanilla was harder even with sigma's 1 hit kills.

>you're just regurgitating some meme fucking biased image that was fed to you
>that has been debunked several times before
As vague as it sounds, 10% was the best words I could describe it to other people the difference in AI aggression I found. And that's not with the constant threat of projectile spam.

I love both versions, Sigma had a lot of good things going for it, but Vanilla had better combat despite weaker enemies. You're never going to convince anybody the one hit kills in sigma made it a better game, no matter how easy it was to OT somebody in Vanilla.

Attached: a.jpg (1895x965, 433K)

Eh Hydracubus is really easy my dude. That's nothing compared to the 2 helicopters in your face + mooks followed by the helicopter boss with ads which i say is up to pure luck on Ultimate Ninja with some characters. Then there's the TOV on Day 8 and those 2 sets of Imperfect Goddesses.

I really can't think of a single bullshit section in NG1 outside of missions, maybe the worms.

You burned your credibility with me. I'm not reading that.

>but I really couldn't find any problems with Razor's Edge besides the terrible story.
Enemies are trash, Razor's Edge "solution" to make the game seem hard was just making the enemies take longer to kill, they still come in small packs, they still have limited movesets.

>it's a complete upgrade.
How can Sigmafags say this with a straight face? It literally has less unlockables than Black. Guess making Rachel playable, a nerfed Hammer moveset, is all what you rabble needs.

By actually playing the games you console wars faggot

After the failure that NG3 was and KT sinking the brand even lower by lending it to Comcept for Yaiba, they put the series on hold and went back to finishing Nioh, that game was a moderate success so Yosuke Hayashi's name wasn't under the mud anymore so KT decided it is better to focus on the Nioh brand for the moment, maybe they can think about Ninja Gaiden again after Nioh 2 is done with.

Why do you talk about games you literally never seen on youtube much less play? Fuck off.