How do we save Valkyria Chronicles?

How do we save Valkyria Chronicles?

Attached: image.jpg (3840x2160, 683K)

>less anime looking characters
>do something about trial and error based missions

If you want to talk about vc can you think of a different title? You post these same thread everyday.

make a new one set in the ancient past without all this modern technology shit
make it turn-based tactics on a grid
dozens of classes since it's more fantasy
put in some kind of fantasy tank that you can customize
you can heavily customize how your valkyrias develop their skill setup, like a sniper valkyria, or a berserker valkyria or a ninja valkyria, etc...

other than LMAO LOLI NUKES I enjoyed it a lot. I'd say just focus on polishing the gameplay, it does feel like it's lacking something.

Attached: 1544827049870.gif (500x500, 514K)

You get it nukes are immoral. Did you get it?

Making it not suck might help.

Go more VCIII in terms of game mechanics and add onto it. Do something about the story, It has the same thing with FE where you lose interest the moment the game starts.

Make more games like 4 that are really good.

Either go full 2010s anime or stick to having a splash of 90s anime with the exception of the fish out of water that are valkyrias. VC4's art direction looked confused.

>They tried 2010s anime with that shitty spinoff.

The problem is that it was a shitty spinoff. VC3 was 2010s anime as fuck, and it did great. Anime games can do pretty well in the west, too.

Back to highschool with Avan

gibe more pc port huehuehuehue

>VC4's art direction looked confused.
Not at all. It was VC1 in the snow, and it looked great.

Ports of II and III for modern systems would be a nice start.

>Less Highschool/Le Japanese Anime Trope edginess
>More appropriate Martial authority and atmosphere
Where's my Fucking money Denny!

Attached: ByklEZJ.jpg (1100x1413, 280K)

>save
This does the exact opposite.
Maybe 3, but 2 would ruin what little reputation this franchise has in the normie eye.

How about not letting reinforcements be bosses or not letting them act the same turn they appear?

>Less anime looking characters
get gassed faggot,

I thought VC4 was great, so I guess better marketing could help.

Less cringe-anime inspired with embarrassing super saiyan bullshit, more kino-anime inspired.
Also, different setting. The WW2 setting is done.

Attached: 21314232.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

let that pervy hentai character designer make more sexy characters and market the hell out of the game and make it clear you don't need to have played the first or second to third game of the franchise.

Attached: 0f1c59996e2590f3cba837ee67d136d4187bea31904e403b8d5579c18c4cd68c.png (409x409, 157K)

Show more ass

That's what they did for VC4 and it bombed hard.

And it was far and away the best game in the series.

It reallly wasn't. Mortars ruined the game's balance, and the story was VC2-tier cringe.

>Mortars ruined the game's balance
Not at all. The maps accommodated them well.

>the story was VC2-tier cringe
Oh, so you just didn't play it.

Not really. There are too many maps where you get easily blindsighted by random mortar fire. Also, the increase of scripted events that can easily fuck you over in the middle of a battle is awful. It's absolute horseshit when you complete an objective, suddenly get a new objective with enemies appearing in your back with no warning, and suddenly your tank blows up because fuck you a lancer just backfucked your tank. VC4 really is not the best of the series. It's better than 2, but worse than 3 and 1.

Mortars are there to prevent scout rushing, and they do a good job of that. You're given tools to deal with it so it's never a real problem.

>Also, the increase of scripted events that can easily fuck you over in the middle of a battle is awful.
It's only ever a noticable problem in chapter 14. It could be better, but that one chapter isn't game breaking.

>but worse than 3 and 1.
It's literally an improved version of 1 in every aspect, and 3 is trash that's only saving grace is being less bad than 2.

There is nothing to save, the only change I'd like is on the ranking system: turns shouldn't be the only thing mattering.
Do something like this:

Positive score in order of highest to lowest:
>killed enemy ace
>captured a base
>turns
>killed a tank
>killed enemy

Score penalities:
>made a squad member die
>lost your leader (in missions where this isn't a game over)
>too many turns
>lost a base
>made a squad member faint

In the end those will generate a final score and the game will give a rank based on it.

Make it something resembling real tactics and squad compositions, not some rock-paper-scissors fantasy

>Ranking system that factors in kills, captures and side objectives
That would make the game pure sex.

Valkyria Chronicles gacha game. I can already smell the money.

Attached: 1512987195390.png (1920x1080, 2.68M)

>Valkyria Chronicles gacha game
Bite your tongue, human garbage.

This.

Holy fucking shit, is so fucking simple, and the dumb nips can not figure this out. LET ME SIDE WITH THE VALKYRIE; JESUS FUCK. I WANT TO SIDE WITH THEM.

>increase of scripted events
Compared to what? 2 and 3, sure. 1? Fuck no, 1 was completely ruined by scripted events in my opinion. Not once was I so blindsided by a scripted event in 4 that I had to restart a mission, I could always adapt.

How do I get a gf that looks exactly like Kai

Attached: 1561079986575.jpg (481x646, 90K)

Both sides have valkyries you dumb fuck

Attached: 1539979100490.jpg (346x433, 53K)

>t. retard
So you're planning to punish those who completed the objective perfectly? Just because they didn't capture bases that weren't even a part of their mission objective? That's fucking dumb.

You played too much VC3 you slurper.

Are you retarded? He didn't fucking say that.

You had a valkyrie in 1 as well, tardo. Hell even in 4 you have one, you just don't control her directly in battle, but ship orders come from her if you think about it.

Are you retarded? He did say that. By including "capture a base" in the score. If my objective is get from point A to point B and I don't capture any bases, why the fuck shouldn't I get a perfect score?

The story and characters this time weren't as endearing but overall I still enjoyed 4 quite a bit. I also really enjoyed the squad stories.

Vancey best girl

Attached: Vancey_Fioré.jpg (237x260, 16K)

Where did he say you needed to do all those things to get the top score? The whole point is that by assigning points to different things, you can take different approaches and still get an S rank. Nothing in his post implied punishment for not taking optional bases.

>The story and characters this time weren't as endearing
It was a far better story than 1, which in retrospect was a group of anime characters dropped into a war. 4 was a much better was story, and the side stories for the units were mostly great.

I wish character stories was a thing back in VC1. It's one of the reasons it's my least favourite VC.

Do you even play vidya? In almost every single game with a scoring system you get more by doing things not directly related with the main objective of the stage: collecting items, killing enemies and so on.
Clear time is typically a factor as well, so in VC I don't see why turns should be the only factor.

He implied it by giving higher point allotments to aces and bases.

"You get a lot of points for doing this more difficult optional thing" is not the same as "You get penalized for not doing this thing."

That's subjective, 1 didn't have a lot of the fantastical elements like in 4. The craziest thing you fight besides Selvaria, is the Batomys if I remember right. And losing Isara was more impactful than losing Raz personally. I still love both though.

Attached: __minerva_victor_senjou_no_valkyria_4_and_etc_drawn_by_honjou_raita__5afa4ab0a4d5c557f30c1b2b594a875 (2452x4096, 894K)

>And losing Isara was more impactful than losing Raz
I vomited in my mouth a little reading that.

>That's subjective
Which part? That it's better or that 4 is a better war story?

Did that vc3 translation ever come out?

Isara's death was too stupid for me to care.

>look at all these high ranking officers who have caused numerous defeats for us
>nah, I'll just shoot the little girl instead

>VC Gacha game
>RTS Gameplay
>Permadeath is in effect, if your character dies, you gotta roll them again

unleash raita

But she was the oppressed minority and Rosie was finally starting to be friendly to her. She had to die.

Like four fucking years ago.

That 4 had a better story, in 4 you get submarine tanks, nuclear lolis, Kai who was crazy for loli. All that shit, VC1 felt more grounded by comparison.
Yeah her dying that way was pretty retarded but I liked her more than Raz.

not that one

Go back to VC1 design principles.

It is with the way he's ranked the positive scores.

What principles?

>VC1 felt more grounded
You mean the game about the son of a legendary military commander who has almost no formal training pulling a super tank out of his shed then leading his ragtag local militia from his tiny neutral country to war against the evil empire where his knowledge of animal foraging habits and his girlfriend's literal superpowers help them singlehandedly win the war by taking out the emperor riding a fucking battleship through solid Earth, all the while only incurring one real loss? Oh but don't forget that he still found time to get preachy any using Valkyrie powers, even though those powers are the only reason they didn't all die, because he's super duper moral and right, even during brutal war.

That's the game that felt grounded to you?

You're an illiterate fool.

Attached: valkyria chronicles 4.jpg (605x579, 107K)

It's more like the guy's scoring system needs more thought.

Unironically this. Valkyria Chronicles has so many characters that can appeal to different people. But I think it's better to just let it die with dignity.

Attached: Annika_Olcott_24.png (480x800, 362K)

The same way we save RTS.
Forceful eugenics to rise average IQ.
Outside of that we can re-release 2 and 3 on real platforms

You have to explain your point first.
Turns are still important enough in that system to be the only thing that can also become negative score, unlike not killing one ace or ignoring some bases.

This is the same defense I use when people call VC2 "too anime", "cringe" or "unrealistic".
Some people wouldn't see irony even if it slammed them into face.

I was preparing a proper reply, but this thread's not exactly buzzing with activity and I don't really care anymore. I'll just call you a simple-minded dolt if you can't see the problem with the original proposition.

And multiple people are rightfully calling you an idiot.

Give the IP to western devs. Jap devs can't design for shit.

Hard to see anything if you have no numbers.
But I agree turns shouldn't be the most important thing while still being important enough to start subtracting points other than negating the bonus if you are losing too much time.
Getting A rank now becomes a combo of speed, survival(to avoid penalties) and actually playing the whole map by capturing most bases and hunt the enemy ace. Deserves way more than just rushing to the objective.

Meh. I've been on this site long enough to stop caring about what people here think. Least of all an idiot like you.

That's fine and well, but you're still a complete retard who can't form a coherent point. Saying you don't care halfway through an argument because you can't make a point doesn't make you apathetic, it just makes you an idiot. The first guy never said or implied that not taking bases penalized you. No amount of mental gymnastics on your part will change that.

>rehash the first game with minimal effort and still talking head cutscenes

why sega

Isn't that what Valkyria Chronicles Duel was?
Admittedly, I did only play Valkyria Chronicles Duel only a couple of times, and before it got shut down, so I don't remember much about the game.

Let it die

Why does every VC become not fun around half way through?

Selvaria is one of the few characters I would see myself spending money on gacha for so I honestly can't say you're wrong.

old raita is better

Attached: 1531559129536.jpg (1400x1800, 607K)

Anyone got a webm of Minerva's animation when she kills someone? Where she adjusts her glasses and her FAT FUCKING TITS bounce even through her heavy coat

VC4 starts off nice, picks up steam at chapter 4 then never lets up. Where did you get bored?

The supply raid where you have to dodge the searchlights. The few missions before it felt tedious as well so I just stopped playing when I realised I couldn't just rush to the warehouse in one turn.

>when I realised I couldn't just rush to the warehouse in one turn.
Fuck you

The only reason I like VC4 more than VC1 is because 4 lets you play as the valkyrias, shit was too fun, unfortunately it’s only for post-game

You can play as Selvaria in VC1 with the Behind Her Blue Flame DLC though.

Attached: 20160911180405_1.jpg (1920x1080, 351K)

I’m pretty sure that was only regular Selvaria, not her Valkyria mode like in VC4

Just bought 4 on Switch. Is It fun?

Yeah

>MFW i bought it on PC and thinking about buying it on Switch

Attached: 1495834975870.gif (510x510, 690K)

Xcom game
But with VC.

you can't really

4 was it's last big chance. Now Sega is gonna line up behind Sakura Taisen

I would un-ironically enjoy this and feel it would translate well

>Game managed to get nearly 200k copies on Steam, 190k on Switch and 250k on PS4
What Sega expected? Selling 10 million copies on a very niche title?

Attached: 1555256254043.png (600x979, 185K)

Selling as much as VC1 on PC

Identify what was FUN AND GOOD about the series, and what DRAGGED IT DOWN

>Good
- Anime art style
- Deiselpunk Aesthetic
- Tactical combat
- Soldier classes have niches and perform differently
- Wide cast of characters with interesting personalities
>Bad
- Anime plot style
- Releasing it after trying to kill the fucking series with 2 PSP games and whatever that Azure Revolution clusterfuck was
- Delay the PC release even though that's the source of all the renewed hype for the series, the PC release of VC1
- Lolis
- Scouts continue to dominate
- Some classes are fucking useless
- Lancers are only useful against tanks and are accurate as spitballs
- Mortars are inaccurate as fuck
- Assault exists I guess?
- No shotguns

So basically, the problem was too much cringe and Sega being retarded

remove scouts

With a prequel about the first war. The characters should be related to the characters of the first VC, and they should keep the valkyria thing to a minimum.

>>Bad
>- Lolis
Stopped reading here

Normies will NOT buy a game with lolis, and gacha shitters are not going to buy a loli game unless it's gacha shit. If you want your game to sell in the west, don't make Westerners afraid of getting arrested or judged for playing it.

Or just make it Gacha because nobody cares and those things literally just print money

>- Anime plot style
>- Lolis
I guess buying the game was a good decision. Thanks user!

Normies will not play Valkyria Chronicles in first place

thats the same sort of thinking that made it popular wisdom that strategy games were dead

Sex slavery mechanic

Reduce focus on anime bullshit (Valkyria themselves, muh meme superweapons, beach episode, kyaaa baka hentai)
Increase focus on actual war, logical weapons and tactics rather than magitech and complete gimmick tactics, basically just a normal fictional war story but with anime characters.
And make Jane the main character.

Attached: jane a best.jpg (800x1160, 225K)

suck my dick weeb

>play jrpg anime game
>want it to be less j and less anime

Attached: 1566190984694.jpg (1920x1080, 126K)

For one make the DLC less outrageously expensive. On switch they had a bundle sale but requires you to also buy the game which screws me over since I already own VC4 so I can't buy the DLC separately for the same price.

'>JRPG
no

vc3 retranslation when

>beach episode
Isn't a dlc?
>kyaaa baka hentai
Isn't the "hot spring" scene a post game chapter?

Why do they always kill of best girls?

Attached: 1546955101879m.jpg (1024x723, 133K)

Just let it go out on a high note

All Vc 4 was fun to me except chapters 15 and 18

Rehashing Selvaria because they are out of ideas

Attached: 20190205144705_1.jpg (1920x1080, 393K)

Well, maybe set it in a different war. 3 out of the 4 games in the main series are in the same damn war.

As much shit as people give 2 for "muh high school", it at least tried to advance the plot forward (plus 2 isn't as bad a game as everyone makes it out to be).

Have Sega even said it did bad? I've not followed but it seems more like community assumption to me.

More like rehashing Selvaria because she's literally perfect.

>Force waifu features just like Fire Emblem did to save itself
It is not rocket science bros. This is the reason why Persona 5 is so succesful while SMTV is forgotten everywhere except here

>Isn't a dlc?
Ignoring your ESL, it isn't DLC in VC1, the only one in the series I've actually played. It's there in the base game.
>post game
Even just the little stuff all scattered throughout each game counts for this for me. But there wasn't much in VC1, which is nice. From what I've seen it's much more common in VC4.

It's easy bro, just give me the choice when it comes to MC's love interest like in 3, who the fuck wants Riley ?

I recently played VC1 and my main gripe gameplay wise was really that the difference in movement was just way to big between scouts and lancers, shocktroopers and lol sniper. Especially sniper were pretty much useless most of the time, because might as well take a scout in mid range and let him or her do the job. And if the enemy was behind cover, you wouldn't wanna waste several CP on one kill anyway.