Conan the Barbarian

>Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet.

What would the ideal Conan game be like Yea Forums?

Attached: Conan the barbarian.jpg (800x1068, 166K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DGCTkNdVrSA
youtube.com/watch?v=LANHWwEjOAU
youtube.com/watch?v=lq_y2KFjHic
youtube.com/watch?v=HT3cl4GJIDs
youtube.com/watch?v=G1on_N1R9vc
youtube.com/watch?v=mMVmW0k9jZI
youtu.be/T2l--Px9vf0
humblebundle.com/books/red-sonja-dynamite-books
forums.funcom.com/t/building-contest-winners-and-entries/83233
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

One that has you creating parties for dungeons, having them all die during the delve, Conan mieaculously surviving, then repeating the process again and again with larger parties until you finally achieve status of king and the game ends.

Conan Exiles, but good.

>Conan Exiles
Can we create settlements yet?

Meaning what? Areas with roaming AI? No.

Dunno but they advertised being able to connect cities with trade routes and shit

Is this game like a rust or some shit with the conan name slapped onto it?

99% yes. I still prefer it to rust though.

AC Odyssey would unironically be a good base to build a Conan game from.

Oh well you definitely can't do that in any automated way yet. Just have to trade with other people the old-fashioned way.

It's similar but not exactly a copy. The system of enslaving NPC craftsmen to make shit for you is way better than blueprints. There are some things I wish Conan would just ripoff from Rust though, like the TC system for base maintenance and ownership.

More Conan games when? An actual fleshed out Bronze Age setting with civilizations that aren't KNIGHTS, CASTLES and other typical generic garbage. Magic is only restricted to necromancy and demoncalling with sacrifices of virgin and children being favored to summon powerful demons.

A conan game could actually make the open world meme good with how diverse the setting of the hyborian age is and how Conan is a character that's perfect for adventuring. Throw in Red Sonja and lovecraft references and outright cameos like in the original REH novels as well as sailing, horse back riding, etc. and you could make the perfect conan game.

You can make him in Skyrim

how did that nigger base him on the whitest people ever and have him come out looking like a mayan?

>Throw in Red Sonja
This

Attached: Red Sonja Vol 4 002-016.jpg (1987x3056, 1.69M)

Attached: Red Sonja Vol 4 002-020.jpg (1987x3056, 1.72M)

Darkest Dungeon clone but instead of rpg combat its good old Gauntlet

Unironically an open world game filled with bandits, weird monsters, various ways to make a coin and various wenches which you can bed. The fun of the Conan stories is how there's always something new and unexpected just around the corner.
>tfw you will never explore the dusky tombs of Stygia and slay ancient monsters for treasure

Attached: the hyborian age.jpg (2000x1389, 651K)

Red Sonja is always hot, her appearance in the old conan comics is personally my favourite of her designs.

Attached: Conan and Red Sonja.jpg (1427x2105, 2.17M)

>Red Sonja is always hot, her appearance in the old conan comics is personally my favourite of her designs.
Best girl

Attached: Red-Sonja-1-signed-Brooklyn-Comic-Shop.jpg.jpg (1371x2092, 1.52M)

< why do they talk like this? >

It's indicating that they're speaking a language that isn't English.

She's a fucking cunt who undercut Conan. It was pretty based.

its indicating that their speaking another language

>slay ancient monsters for treasure
Isn't it like, really really hard to kill supernatural creatures in Conan universe? There's giant spiders that you can easily cut down but demonic or undead monsters aren't even effected by normal weapons or human strength. Conan was fighting some beast with an Akribanian Steel dagger and the thing snapped the dagger in half, unbreakable Akribanian steel was broken by said demon monster.

Attached: 1566847720333.png (556x696, 496K)

You'd actually have to have a good stealth system to make a decent conan game.

Yeah, Conan managed to luck out a lot of times when he was fighting these ancient monsters. In The Phoenix on the Sword, he barely survived his encounter with that Stygian demon. One of the big points of the Swords and Sorcery genre, however, is overcoming supernatural opponents with just the strength of your sword arm and your own wits. Encounters with demons and other unnaturally powerful foes should be desperate, hard fights which can fuck you up badly, but will ultimately be extremely rewarding.

Attached: conan.jpg (1024x728, 163K)

Attached: ThumbsUp.jpg (1200x1600, 231K)

Anybody play the old Conan game on Xbox that was released just in Europe? It was a little janky but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Long single player campaign as well where you pretty much slaughter every type of warrior in Hyboria.

>brown skin
>jet black hair
>straight hair
>high cheekbones
>gold earrings
>particular hair style
how is this celt fuck NOT some kind of mesoamerican? id like to know if anyone ever questioned this. even when other members of his tribe are shown, theyre really white

Maybe he's a really tanned Finngolian?

You would think on how much we have learn about bronze age civilizations, we would have more games about them.

Are those new Marvel titles any good? I remember I started reading the first two but kind of forgot to keep up.

Thankfully Howard did all that research already and created the Hyborian Age, a playground universe for games already. Problem is Funcom being niggers holds the IP hostage so nobody can take a crack at it.

i dont think that gay cares about history. if he knew any he would probably prefer the iron age or something since the bronze age was crazy advanced for their time before the crash

He's tanned because he spends all his time outside in the desert with no shirt on.

desu I'm wary of anything marvel since '06 so I haven't read them.

Probably at high risk for skin cancer. What a way for our hero to go :(

What's your favorite comic arc and why is it Queen of the Black Coast?

Attached: Cimmeria 1.jpg (1050x1600, 321K)

Iron age is done to death and I'm sick of it. I wanna explore the Atlantean age civilization, savages like the Picts who were complete barbarians yet somehow able to produce extravagant silver baubles.

How the fuck did those nobody Norwegian niggers get the rights to the IP anyway?

With Conans lifestyle either a demon, an undead form or an assassin will kill him first long before skin cancer does.

This isn't Queen of the Black Coast, but I'll make a quick dump of one of my favorites.

Attached: Cimmeria 2.jpg (1071x1600, 315K)

>conan comics
gross

Conan lived to a ripe old age as the ruler of Aqualonia and died peacefully

well the bronze age would be a far more advanced iron age. so if you want savagery and magic and shit youre looking at the wrong era. try late stone age or something

The older marvel comics are actually pretty great, but I do agree that adaptions aren't as good as the original work.

We often forget our ancestors could navigate by the stars do advanced mathematics plan cities with plumbing and put together surprisingly complex machines without the benefit of electricity [seriously check some of the shit greek temples made to impress the common folk]

>hating the dark horse run
Pleb. Far better job than the Marvel ones could ever achieve.

Attached: Cimmeria 3.jpg (1037x1600, 344K)

He fucked off after his eldest son was of age and went off to adventure again.

>he hasn't read King Conan
uh oh

Attached: Cimmeria 4.jpg (1046x1600, 391K)

Huh, there you have it.

Attached: Cimmeria 5.jpg (1020x1600, 322K)

Attached: Cimmeria 6.jpg (1073x1600, 332K)

Attached: Cimmeria 7.jpg (1058x1600, 307K)

id say the advancements of the bronze age are almost unknown to the public. most know of the decline during the dark ages, but no one really knows that the bronze age was magnitudes more advanced until pretty much all at once all major civilizations crashed and technology and knowledge went into the shitter until the iron age kind of picked up some slack.

you should read up on the bronze age and the mysterious crash that any surviving peoples blamed on the sea people who came bearing iron weapons in a bronze world

If the Iron Age came after the Bronze Age, why would the Bronze Age be more advanced?

Attached: Cimmeria 8.jpg (1080x1600, 289K)

Conan Exiles might not be the best game out there, in fact it's completely broken right now, but god damn it can be comfy. I love all the useless shit you can fill your base with, just for the good looks.

Attached: 440900_20190805160155_1.png (1920x1080, 1.95M)

Attached: Cimmeria 9.jpg (1032x1600, 296K)

Attached: Cimmeria 10.jpg (1600x1226, 441K)

diablo-like

Attached: Cimmeria 11.jpg (1075x1600, 277K)

Attached: Cimmeria 12.jpg (1068x1600, 279K)

Man how does Conan survive against these monsters so often? I know it's plot armor but just imagining the power these demons have and the swings of a simple steel weapon from a man wouldn't do shit how does he do it?

Attached: Cimmeria 13.jpg (1086x1600, 293K)

Luck and pure rage

Attached: Cimmeria 14.jpg (1049x1600, 305K)

End

Attached: Cimmeria 15.jpg (1048x1600, 258K)

Could it actually be protection from Crom? Because theres way too many instances where Conan should have died.

i enjoy conan exiles :)

Attached: Untitled21.jpg (2560x1440, 864K)

Thoughts?

Attached: 5.jpg (347x400, 36K)

I really like it

Well it depends on the area really. Im a history major [but not on this era not gonna lie] and some parts survived better than others like Egypt. we know some of the stuff they could pull off and when you think about what the average fortenite playing human blob cant do nowadays compared to the folks of ancient times it can be pretty surprising. Its not like math popped up overnight in Imperial Rome or anything and I sill have problems with that

TAKE me and CRUSH me with your love!

because it was, by a lot. it was way more advanced but then all major civilizations bit the dust pretty much one after the other and no one was around to preserve the medical, scientific, or any other such knowledge. no one was around to preserve any technological advancements. the world had to collectively pick itself up by the iron age and there was enough of a net with rome to start advancing again. when rome fell the world yet again lost tons of knowledge and became somewhat less advanced

>Looking for a community server because the official servers are full of cheaters
>Every server is for weird sexiles ERPing
>Say fuck it and join a server that has sexiles but isn't listed as an ERP server
>Try to trade for some brimstone to make steel
>The only thing people want to trade for is ERP time

Attached: 1557715784195.png (751x684, 683K)

it went about like this from stone to bronze to iron

Attached: tegaki.png (400x400, 8K)

yeah there's a reason i stay in singleplayer

Attached: Untitled24.jpg (2560x1440, 1.35M)

Who would win in a fist fight? Conan, or Judge Dredd

Attached: judge conan.png (1057x621, 1.42M)

Strictly fists only? Probably Conan.

fists favor conan who already had the edge over dredd

i remember someone from the comics once describing it that conan has faced opponents that were stronger, that were faster, or were smarter than he was. but never all three so he always edges out

standstill

Conan, if only because he's stronger.

Human ingenuity is pretty amazing honestly. Teach someone even a little bit about something, and they can apply to it something more grandiose in scheme.
When I was in my 7th grade physics class, the teacher was teaching about the mechanics of energy and early forms of creating it (i.e. water wheels, steam, etc). I was bored, and doodled a design for a shitty steam "engine," I showed it to the teach after class, and as it would turn out I reinvented the Aeolipile.
>then everyone clapped
My point is, even if a human only knows a concept, the invention from that concept can be pretty grand.

Attached: Aeolipile_illustration.png (471x714, 62K)

Who has better overall quality in their respective works be it movies, literature, games, and comics?

So, ahnuld vs stallone? Stallone is a manlet so ahnuld would win.

Imagine if the Romans realized the potential of steam power for more than making little dancing figurines. Imagine if Romans had fucking steam trains.

Don't make me imagine things I can't have.

Attached: 1537323190798.jpg (720x720, 75K)

What mods are worth using in single player?

endurance, rage fueled strength with a dash of luck

Attached: pu_Conan_The_Reaver_49.jpg (1114x1572, 613K)

theyd probably do steam boats before trains and use them almost exclusively to transport goods across their cities. there would be other applications, possibly spinning death machines for the colosseum, indoor cooling fans, some stupid bullshit like a spinning wall of feathers to tickle your nipples, steam canons that shoot streams of scalding hot steam

here's what i use, but its definitely too many and makes loading in obnoxious. drop some of the building sets probably unless you really want em

Attached: cemods.jpg (1984x1273, 671K)

>Comics
You did read the books, right anons?

>what do i know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie?
>i who was born in a naked land, and bred in the open sky?

Attached: Untitled27.jpg (2560x1440, 774K)

My nigga, the Dark Horse runs of King Conan and Conan The Cimmerian where Tomas Giorello did the art are great. I always go hunting for back issues at my local comic stores. I've got the adaptations for Black Colossus and Rogues in the House sitting right by desk at this moment.

is this sexiles? is this mod any good? never played conan

cause thats a 70's muscle fantasy comics Conan, not the book one

It certainly would have made it easier to police a gigantic empire that would eventually fall apart because its hard to police a giant empire

Hell yeah. I love all forms of conan, but REH can't be topped

is there any illustrations of the book version by howard or commissioned by howard? even in the books hes got black hair as a defining feature despite how obsessed howard was with the celts

I've had the complete chronicles in my shelf for a while now and finally started reading it on a whim a month back. Currently on "The Black Stranger". Howard's prose is a bit dry, but his world building is excellent.

He was a real autist about his world and I love him for it. Conan has a bad rap as being generic fantasy shit, probably because of the movies, but it's actually really well done.

I really like the Dark Horse series and think it did a pretty good job portraying Conan in that medium. I grabbed a couple of the collections back in 2017 and still want to make a bad ass barbarian in a 5E D&D game

i would say its really not bad as far as sex mods go. buggy, but you can work with it. lot of variety of animations, and different positions usually have several variants. also being able to adjust speed, and its just natural after beating a woman unconscious and enslaving her you want to give her the fug

it may lead you as it did me to construct elaborate fap forts and bring back slaves from all over the map to fill the sky cells. just dont edge too long you'll ruin your dick

Attached: Conan_ Exiles 12_6_2018 6_32_42 PM1.png (2250x1266, 3.65M)

All I care about is a mod to make the dancer animations not hilariously bad garbage. All they need to do was a simple belly dance or something, not fucking breakdance.

is the mod multiplayer only or can you do stuff in singleplayer? again never played exiles

Someone has to ask so I'll ask, futa mods?

either a mix between uncharted and GoW 4 or a bethesda style open world but with actual real combat with weapon/armour variety making up for lack of RPG stuff.conans always been shown to be extremely skilled in all weapons, just he prefers a one handed sword, same with armour never really hindering his movement, he just prefers not to wear any for max agility

Self contained stand alone story with action, Hack n' Slash and adventure elements. Kinda like Dark Souls meets Witcher meets For Honor meets a modded Skyrim :D or something along those lines. Atleast you wouldn't run out of backstory and lore to draw inspiration from.

The problem is that no western dev probably dare touch an IP like this in the fear of A)Fucking up B)The amount of money needed to make a game of that scale and C)The (((video game media))) would be all over it calling it sexist or whatever bullshit buzzword pops to their head.

Attached: JAN191222.jpg (450x675, 89K)

>same with armour never really hindering his movement, he just prefers not to wear any for max agility

This isn't necessarily true, Conan always wore armour if he could get it. It's just that he ended up in a lot of situations where he had no armour or armour would be impractical for him.

there is a belly dance. yeah the others are ridiculous but good for a laugh when combined with nipple chains and titty physics

both, either. i never touch multiplayer but there are many servers that run the sex mods

uh yeah i'm pretty sure there is a futa cock wearable for females. there are definitely strapons, i feel like i've seen an erect cock in there. as for having a realistically floppy one on your pc at all times, not sure. maybe on the workshop

>An actual fleshed out Bronze Age
>bronze age civilizations

nigga, that shit took place before recorded history

that was the whole point

it wasn't "bronze age"

Conan comics, at their best, are literally some of the best pop-literature of the last 50 years.

Robert E. Howard basically invented the 80s movie style one-man-army-killing-machine type action hero.

Reminder that pretty much any of Robert E. Howard's work is worth reading.

Robert E Howards original Conan stories are actually pure kino. I found a guide online of the chonological order to read them in (which I lost now, If anyone has it I would appreciate it)

I read them all on a long camping trip / summer a few years ago and its one of my favorite memories.

Do they make any big anthologies of the original Howard stories?

Attached: 71Lp5EU3gjL.jpg (667x1000, 226K)

Dude's writing style was light-years ahead of any of his contemporaries and I would say still reads like it could have been written yesterday. Incredibly modern.

Post more Exiles. I want inspiration for when I bother playing the game again.

What server settings should I use when playing Exiles single player?

I wonder how he did that when he killed himself in 1936. Surely you meant to say John Milius invented them while using Conan as a basis for such an idea.

The bare chested barbarian blocking shots with his pecks and not using armor is a product of movies where being properly fully armor doesnt look as cool as showing the actors face/chest and armor gets hacked threw like it isnt there

hollywood didn't invent heroic nudity, user

Are you this autist because you seem kinda like it

ive run out of sfw screens

up to you. but you can give yourself admin and change them whenever

no retard

Attached: 20190602060452_2.jpg (2560x1440, 1.03M)

also worth mentioning there are reshade presets for conan exiles that are resource heavy but give you some room to fine tune the atmosphere of your playthrough

Attached: 20190602191425_2.jpg (2560x1440, 905K)

Comfy dude. thanks. I wish the map was bigger, somehow it feels small despite it's admittedly big size.

meant for

i think it winds up being a little cramped between all the little biomes crowding each other and then the ghost fence in the way of any open space on the edges. but you can find some very comfy spots if you look

Attached: Conan_ Exiles 12_6_2018 6_10_53 PM2.png (1792x1008, 3.12M)

I myself love building in the snowy areas. I love snow dude. Peak comfy. But yours looks terrific. Would trade with and eventually go to watch gladiatorial fights in the pond.

Are you literally retarded?

got any screens? i keep meaning to build something good up north but i'm drawing a blank on novel ideas lately

Attached: Conan_ Exiles 12_6_2018 10_52_30 PM.jpg (2560x1440, 846K)

Nah, haven't played in several months now. Waited for a possible friend to play it with and/or more DLC. Here's an old pic of nothing special at all.

Attached: 20190311192530_1.jpg (2560x1440, 544K)

but even here you were able to give it a nice personality with the terrace and little stoop. thats what i love about the building system it has and why its so frustratingly fallen short of its potential in other areas

Attached: afternoon delight.jpg (2560x1440, 603K)

I like Conan Exiles because it's the first 4-Word Horseman game that actually has some life to it. Friendly and hostile NPC's, lore, trading, a vaguely decent story.

Fun to build stuff, RPG system is alright if a bit too basic, clearly "inspired" by ARK the way you level up and put skill points. Combat is alright, it's not bad but where's the magic? Last I heard they wanted to add magic but couldn't find a VFX guy to live in Oslo or wherever and work on it full-time.

prime hyborian comfy

youtu.be/DGCTkNdVrSA

youtube.com/watch?v=LANHWwEjOAU
youtube.com/watch?v=lq_y2KFjHic

god was that the reason? eh. i dont mind it staying low magic but it would give my sex wizard something to do besides float around and bone

Attached: Conan_ Exiles 12_3_2018 11_06_29 PM1.png (1792x1008, 3.39M)

Reminder that these people made Anarchy Online, The Secret World and these Conan games. And they have been given exclusive rights to make 3 new Dune games.

How the fuck hasn't Funcom gone under yet is beyond me. Conan Exiles has to be the thing that is just barely keeping them afloat because the other games are not even remotely profitable anymore.

tfw lost all my conan exiles screens and all I have left is the one shot of my fiddling around with the Yamatai dlc I got a key for from doing a community building contest.

Attached: Conan Exiles Screenshot 2019.08.12 - 19.35.11.02.jpg (1920x1080, 720K)

Is this game worth it for a messing around in single player? Pirate or not?

fuck thats right lmao. i remember being a little kid on launch day for anarchy online and i dont think that was ever topped for sheer ongoing catastrophe. secret world, another pile of squandered potential.

and yet i played and really tried to like all of them because each one had at least one aspect of it that made it special. funcom is a hole that good ideas crawl halfway out of

probably will play the dune games too because i guess they own all my favorite IPs now

Anarchy Online was and still is good though. Fun as fuck MMO, but it's got like what, less than 500 people playing it now? RIP.

Yeah, all of their ideas are good. The potential is there, but they squander it with half-assed work or extremely slow or non-existant development. It's a shame. 3 steps forward, 4 steps back.

if you enjoy a beautiful but desolate sandbox with good building and decent survival mechanics then yeah

>beautiful but desolate
Sounds like where I live. So, good to me.

It's not that desolate. There's NPC communities and even a friendly big-ish trading town but overall it's mostly people or beasts and monsters who want to murder you, yes.

they added a bunch of hostile spawns to seppupumu or whatever its called but it is a comfy place and you can get drunk with conan at the only bar in the whole province

Wait, they added hostile people to that town? That's a shame. It was one of the few safe zones in the game and you can actively trade with NPC's.

I'm also sad they didn't get Arnold to voice Conan.

yeah in a few spots, its annoying i have to put on cloak now if i just want to stroll around

is arnie even still doing VA work? doubt they could afford him if so

Diablo 1/ Blood Omen clone.

Attached: konan.jpg (2560x1600, 866K)

Nah, I doubt he is. It's just wishful thinking on my part. This Conan is pretty good so I don't mind.

i would kill to see him reprise the role on screen as king conan that we see at the end of the stories, where he's older and calmer and even puts up with politics but still single handedly btfos the setite wizard plotting against him and laughs about it

There's rumors of Paul Verhoeven doing it now but it's been a rumor for 7 years now so who the fuck knows. With an old Arnie as King Conan.

well that was promising and disappointing all at once

Attached: 1562477949623.png (436x433, 276K)

i am praying for a good conan mod for bannerlord, complete with demons, monsters and cultists. Just a few months...

I prefer reading them in order they were made. It jumps from King Conan (Phoenix on the Sword) to young lad (The Frost-Giant's Daughter) and all over the timeline but I don't mind.

looks bretty gud

Exiles is ok on SP with some mods.

Fucking right, that sounds perfect.

Attached: wizardshit.jpg (1920x1080, 1.54M)

The Celtic races were more varied in appearance than you might think. They once inhabited a vast swath of Europe, from around the Balkans to the Iberian Peninsula, all throughout Gaul and Britain as well. In historical records there are accounts of Celtic tribes who were swarthy and dark-haired. It's no stretch of the imagination to believe that Conan could be based upon one of these ancient Celts, long before the commonplace archetype of the Gaelic and Gallic Celts came along with their pale skin and reddish hair.

Attached: ivereadalotoffuckingbooks.jpg (595x595, 133K)

Chaos and luck, along with a lifetime of conditioning from hardship and savagery. And perhaps the favor of the gods.

Attached: skull.jpg (700x875, 231K)

Titties and bloodshed. It was decent.

Attached: fighters.jpg (700x626, 268K)

KING CONAN (2021) film script leak:

>King Conan (Arnold Swartzenegger) is growing old and looking to see which of his sons will inherit his kingdom
>one prince is an effete petty homosexual, the other a fat sloth
>Conan realizes he's spoiled them, and neither are worthy to rule
>Suddenly, he gets word: years before he had an affair with a handmaiden, and she had borne a child
>He has the young lad (Josep Baena) fetched
>Having been raised in a simple life, he lacks the vices of his siblings
>Conan takes him under his arm and trains him
>A few years later, he announces that he has adopted him to be his legal heir
>The princes are shocked and filled with rage
>Before it's to be announced publically at the upcoming festival games, the princes conspire to have Conan murdered, and their sibling framed
>He barely escapes, and lives in exile
>trilogy of films ending with him recapturing his crown

Attached: 1552354260925.jpg (1280x720, 215K)

Either 3rd person ARPG like The Witcher 1/2/3, or first person like Skyrim. Open world of course. No other type of game will do it justice.
First person will be more immersive obviously, but third person will actually give a chance for the combat to be good.
What's good is that there will be even less of a reason for your canonical character to play as either morally white or black than in the Witcher. Imagine all the fun quests that aren't hindered by conventional morality.

Severance: Blade of Darkness

He's just tanned. I kinda look like that when I tan in the summer, even though I'm very pasty naturally. I have naturally black hair too and I'm eastern European. Except mine turns to brown when I grow it out due to the sun. I guess they got that part wrong.

Look at farmers and other people who worked a lot outdoors. I've never met anyone who got skin cancer. I feel like it's a meme cancer invented to sell sun creams.

This. Too bad the game flew under the radar and absolutely killed the studio, meaning a game like this will never ever be made again.

Conan is bronze skinned as are all Cimmerians. The only "white" race as we know it isnt even human and they come from the north. Honestly read the opening to this it lays out the entire prehistory leading up to modern times.

Nordheimers, Picts and Zingarians aren't human?

Sunlight is radiation. Too much of it and you get cancer.

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, just bigger, longer, with a lot of roleplay options, an impressive armory, a lot of starting skills and even more skills he can spec into.

>tfw waiting for part 1 of a conan novel collection to arrive and it just wont show up

FPBP.
I've been reading the Savage sword of Conan prints and this is would be an authentic Conan game but not fun

Metallurgy limited what they could do with steam, unfortunately.

RIP Secret World. Was a great single player RPG for a while there. I guess it had MP too but I never once did anything group related

3rd person action game with RPG elements, 40-50 hours of gameplay, a bit of branching dialogue, the only dialogue options you're given are stuff that Conan would say. Make it ridiculously sexist and chauvanistic just to see how apeshit the feminists go. Give Conan a love interest like usual, have her be a feisty broad but Conan effortlessly is better at everything which pisses her off but makes her wet at the same time.

Semi-open world with different regions to travel to. Wide variety of quests based on stuff from the comics, give us missions to steal treasure from a nobleman, go rescue a lord's daughter from cannibals, fight as a mercenary in a war, kill an evil wizard in the middle of a dark forest, eventually become king and spend the 3rd act of the game ruling over your new kingdom.

One who's intro goes
>CONAN, THE ADVENTURERR
>CONAN, A WARRIOR WITHOUT FEARRR

>picts
>white
Are you sure? I thought they were a mix of mayan/pawnees.

based

youtube.com/watch?v=HT3cl4GJIDs

my fucking childhood man

>that backflip when Conan gets kicked downstairs
Sweet

Attached: 1413632506142.jpg (490x497, 63K)

No Picts were more savage and niggerish than Anglos on the UK isles. However the real shitkicker is for such subhuman people they made some gorgeous silverwork jewlery and nobody knows how.

You guys know Funcom is working on a single player Conan game, right?

Maybe because they weren't that niggerish? I mean, the guys invented soap, barrels, and had a good idea on how to make good steel. So maybe there's a bit of roman bias in the texts (although a good many roman scribes were autistic in their attention to detail) because the Celts thought it was a fucking great idea not to write anything, ever.

Picts were all sorts of shades depending on region, Zingarans are like modern shitskins and the nordheimers and aesir evolved from a seperate stock of apes to those of the rest of the known world.

>still want to make a bad ass barbarian in a 5E D&D game
miss me with that gay shit, check out AS&SH

>shaved oiled females
>jiggle tits

I mean the zings were arabian in complexion

I think it's because no official Pict settlement was ever discovered. They were so deep in the Anglo forests that the Romans couldn't properly document them and they were so animalistically aggressive that talking would never work.

Is conan exiles fun? Its expensive as fuck

Yeah even alone but it can wear off fast.

no its not

I know it's just a prop for the movies, but this thing is the coolest sword in all of fantasy pop-culture.

Attached: 1.jpg (750x280, 9K)

Atlanteans knew how to make swords. I wonder why did their city sink in Conan universe. Was it just like our Atlantis because some god was breeding with humans?

Agreed. The music is Elder God tier too.
youtube.com/watch?v=G1on_N1R9vc

You can get actually get a replica of it that is fully functional so you can use it as an actual weapon if you want, but it's very expensive.

It can be seen as the wrath of the Gods for becoming too OP, or just plain bad luck. Something similar happened to Acheronians with volcanoes (or was it earthquakes), then they proceeded to get punted to nothingness by the Cimmerians (instead of the Picts for the Atlanteans).

Sucks that the Acheronians were wiped out because they both put down the Giant Kings and Serpentmen for being #1 threat to humanity along with almost making Set and his evils forgotten.

start a Yea Forums clan?

Wait, weren't the Giant Kings the rulers of Acheron? I must be mixing stuff up.

Attached: 1532877929396.jpg (635x665, 45K)

No Giant Kings are what ruled where Conan Exiles takes place, the Exiled lands. Acheronians were a civilization of humanity that came from the far North and began to attack the Giant Kings, presumably for having human slaves, demon summoning, necromancy and being Set worshippers.

>Funcom

Attached: 1540297815328.jpg (228x221, 5K)

Kino, would watch

And isn't Thoth-Amon responsible for putting the bracelet on you, and thus entraping you in the exile lands?
Conan is there because he is trying to locate Thoth. Does Thoth even appear in the game at all?

>Picts
>White

Howard makes a big deal about them being "colored people" in the books. There is a whole bit where Conan goes apeshit on some Picts because they threaten to rape a white woman.

It's implied they are more like Native Americans than actual historical Picts in setting.

the animal ai is stupid, crocs working together with heyanas to kill you no infighting, an those fucking never ending spiders with their gay range attacks that accumulate poison and no amount of antivenom can stop the progression
Fuck those devs for not fixing something so simple

>Conan goes apeshit on some Picts because they threaten to rape a white woman.
ayy lmao Howard's in unironically based

>Conan described as a blue eyed white giant in original stories
>let’s make him into some sort of Aztec dude!

He has blue eyes and he's white you retard.
>tan means LE AZTEC

He literally gets called a white dog by black people, retard.

I legit think the first Conan movie is smarter than most people give it credit for, especially how it handles its narrative themes.

>That one story in the Cannibal lands south of Kush where all the blacks talk in 30's ebonics and Conan betrays the chief he's working for to get some white pussy

>White
You’re retarded if you think the illustration isn’t based on mesoamerica

Attached: 0EC6CD37-2B2F-4BD4-93C5-05580821D71E.jpg (588x449, 45K)

conan the barbarian is fucking kino and only tiny men and women lament on it because they suck cock.
the sequels destroyer, red sonja and kull the conqueror are bad though, maybe kull gets a pass since its not an arnold movie

fucken based!!

The first movie is fucking great, the theme of adventurers hitting it big and then fucking everything up is classic.
You can say the Thulsa Doom riddle of steel bit is dumb, but he is a fucking cult leader, literally every cult is dumb.
It doesn’t adapt Conan well, but it’s good when considered out of context just like Dune

>It doesn’t adapt Conan well
to big of a story to put into a movie that wasn't guaranteed to get sequels, considering that it is a good adaptation imo

Conan Exiles is pretty good though.
But it definitely has a lot room for improvements and potential than it now stands. I enjoy it regardless a lot.
Age of Conan mmorpg's starting island was peak kino as well back in the day. It's a shame only Funcom is doing anything with Conan IP pretty much despite the fact it's free IP to use for anyone.

>What would the ideal Conan game be like Yea Forums?
Probably a mix of Diablo 1 and Dragon's Dogma.

Conan is played like a dumb brute for laughs a bit too much imo.
I did like that he’s basically a thief throughout the movie, though.

No but you find some other wizard from the Black Hand that was exiled from Toths jewish manipulation who tells you about him.

>perfect Conan game is a combination of two games that have nothing to do with Conan and don’t let you do 80% of what Conan does in the stories
Dogmafags are fucking cancer

>Conan is played like a dumb brute for laughs a bit too much imo.
>I did like that he’s basically a thief throughout the movie, though.
wrong on all accounts
1 conan infiltrates the cult using his wits, is a strong silent type, has good dialouge with subodai
2 conan only does one thieving job in the tower of set in order to investigate the cult

>despite the fact it's free IP to use for anyone.

Is it? I was always under the impression that the IP wasn't public domain yet.

Attached: 1414978253315.jpg (433x380, 26K)

Weebs really are autistic
>lmao like just make it like this game where you climb super big monsters!

Thief as in character archetype.
He sneaks around, infiltrates, steals, lures people away and sucker punches them, and generally covets other people’s shit throughout the movie.
Also, I might be remembering wrong, but doesn’t he go around a market stealing shit with subotai early on?
And he’s not a “strong, silent type”, he’s mentally undeveloped due to all the slavery and shit, and basically just repeats things he heard as a slave from his masters throughout the movie. Also, the horse punching was peak dumb brute humour.

you are a fucking idiot, stop posting

>t. “white”

It is, how do you think some Norwegian developer company Funcom of relative poorfags ever picked it up otherwise.
>Copyright expires 70 years after author's death; but if the work is anonymous or made for hire, or the author or the author's death date is unknown, copyright expires on the earlier of 95 years after publication or 120 years after creation.

I looked at it further and apparently, it's public domain in Europe, but the licensing got extended by 25 years in the US. Basically, if you don't publish any Conan material in the US, you're golden.

Huh, I see. Wasn't aware of US being different.

Dark Messiah + Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim. Considering that they want normalfags to buy it, Dark Messiah + Skyrim.

>mentally underdeveloped
Fuck off with your projections.

Attached: B74DDD8C-0BF2-417D-AE38-3D85D39B737B.jpg (512x512, 28K)

K I N O

I fucking love Conan. I really wish Sword and Sorcery stuff made return but I guess it's too "problematic" these days.

Attached: 1556459033286.jpg (918x1400, 271K)

Swords and Sorcery is a great genre. Make sure to give Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser a read too, friend.

Attached: fafhrd and the gray mouser.jpg (282x475, 49K)

Nice.

I've started actually. Just finished Swords and Deviltry and wew that ending.

How do I quit an animation? The only way I've found is exiting the game

ctrl+H

I love the world of Conan. Just a complete gigantic shithole full of demonic shit where literally everyone is constantly trying to backstab each other. And I like the sense of isolation between each place, there's a little new world to discover whenever Conan travels.

no wait maybe it was SHIFT+H

Imagine a game with the fun gameplay of Dark Messiah and the exploration of a TES game.

It is so easy to imagine. Add stuff like monster combat from Dragon's Dogma and good elements from Dark Souls, with a pinch of lore/worldbuilding and storytelling of 90's cRPGs - a near perfect game is born.
Or even simpler - Dark Messiah + TES + Dragon's Dogma + Witcher. All in first person with full body awareness or third person - depending on user's preferences.

Someone post more Red Sonja.

They usually wear clothes that cover most of their bodies.

>dragon's dogma
>dark souls
sorry bro noone gives a fuck about japshit

>japshit
>Dark Souls
>DD
You certainly dont know what the hell you are talking about. If you need clarification: environmental detail (DS), level construction (DS), big monster combat (DD), combat animations/moves (DD). And just because they were made in Japan, doesnt make them japshit.

Sexy anime babes running in gundam suits made from monsters isn't japshit?

action RPG would suit Conan just fine, he is canonically a multiclass anyway

I don't remember Conan being capable of magic.

Yeah, however, i fail to see any "Sexy anime babes running in gundam suits made from monsters" in DD or DS - because what you described is not there.

He can still use enchanted items/scrolls/trinkets and potions, right?

Bump

Needed a little more time in the oven, but it was preeeetty bad ass

Both DS and DD are EXTREMELY Japanese, and in the case of DD, EXTREMELY Capcom at that.
If you can’t see this you don’t play video games

Right, any expansions/dlc's for Conan: Exiles are mandatory or atleast worthwhile?

In what way are they "extremely japanese"? You are just spouting shit. Elaborate, or fuck off.

He is not a “multiclass” and he sure as fuck isn’t one canonically, since classes aren’t a fucking thing in Conan, you daft nigger.
Shit like sneaking and stealing isn’t class specific in tabletop, a fucking wizard can go around picking pockets and climbing towers.
Stop talking about shit you know literally nothing about.

Inn the way that their gameplay, level design, character design, monster design are clearly moulded from the Japanese industry.
If you see Gran Soren and not realise it’s 100% Japanese level design philosophy and especially 100% Japanese approach to building medieval cities, you should stop talking about video games, because you don’t play them.

>because you dont play them
Stop projecting.

What is the game actually like in singleplayer?

>no argument
Take the L

>If you see Gran Soren and not realise it’s 100% Japanese level design philosophy and especially 100% Japanese approach to building medieval cities
decent bait

>horse

Name similarly designed cities in western video games.
>inb4 b-b-but it’s modeled after western architecture
We’re talking about Japanese vidya, not Japanese cultural inspiration, you stupid nigger.

definitely not mandatory, arguably not worthwhile. they are exotic new building pieces and placeables, not very many for the price. i got the persian looking one because i liked it but thats it, up to you

youtube.com/watch?v=mMVmW0k9jZI

Attached: conan22-821x600.jpg (821x600, 45K)

He does punch a horse in one of the movies and a camel in both.

No dlcs that add areas/places, items, extra stuff to do?

the free updates have added a few new places so you have that already on your map. there is an underwater dungeon that got put in a little while ago and i havent even seen it yet. but no the dlc is just building sets

norwegian government bailed them out not only once i think.

I see.

i defy anyone to say this isn't the greatest film score ever composed

youtu.be/T2l--Px9vf0

Attached: Conan.the.Barbarian.1982.1080p.BluRay.x264.anoXmous_.mp4_snapshot_01.50.55_[2015.08.15_23.30.37].jpg (1920x816, 76K)

Sure wish governments would bail me out when I spent all my money and acted like a retard.

conan is gay and filled with blatant homosexuality, appalling to the love of god
and basil poledouris is a hack

Attached: 1554488440590.jpg (461x394, 67K)

I've never seen a more gay and worthless post on Yea Forums(nel) until today.

Now that would be a good game to play. Allow third and first person and it'd be near perfect. But it sounds like a lot of work and only Bethesda really makes interiors and most things interact-able. If they get the chance with the license then it would be near-near perfect.

go to bed zimmer

lmao fuck off. Bethesda would make an awful Conan game. Does Fallout 4 and 76 and even Skyrim tell you nothing of the quality they strive for? The lack of it, rather.

>Funcom
I'm actually looking forward to Conan Chop Chop.

jokes on you, I was only pretending to be retarded

Dude look at Arnold Schwarzenegger. The most perfect Conan specimen was a German

Dark Horse did it justice. I'm not sure of Marvel's recent take though as I haven't had the chance to buy any just yet but if you want a starting comic series you should start with those DH ones

The old Savage Sword of Conan was incredible and by far the best thing ever put out by Marlel
Also all the girls had perfect ass tits thighs and faces I couldn't believe it came from such a shit company

Attached: Savage Sword_005-05.jpg (1049x1501, 463K)

Why would he be Mesoamerican? Those features sound Roman or north-eastern Mediterranean to me.

Conan is described as 'bronze' because he spent so much time in the sun in scorching hot lands

Shh, I don't think our pale troglodyte friend is aware of the fact that suntans are a thing.

Arnold Schwarzenegger is Austrian, you moron

They did, why do people always assume they didn't and simply realizing they could power bigger stuff would have suddenly led to an industrial revolution? Metallurgy and in general material sciences weren't up to the task of steam power, neither was machining (it doesn't mean a single prototype couldn't be built, but the cost and resources needed would far outweigh the benefits of a steam engine, it was simply a lot more practical to just use horses to spin cogs, much like we can achieve fusion today but it just isn't good enough for commercial use).

Romans definitely knew about steam power, hell they even knew (to a point) about nanotechnology. Pic related was made by grinding gold into nanoparticles which were then added in, causing the cup to have different colours depending on the direction of light (bring that up next time some Aztec shitter tries to pull "muh great Aztec tech"). The reason they couldn't do much with it was because the other tech (like machinery to actually see what's going on) was simply not there.

Attached: 1567071651568.jpg (1303x868, 315K)

Conan is clever as fuck and commonly outwits his opponents because he picks the blunt, effective routes regardless how difficult.

Wishful... But that'd be kino. We need Conan back on the big screen!

>Conan 1982 and possible trilogy was about learning the riddle of steel
>1st was about the Strength of Steel
>2nd was gonna be about how it was to be used
>3rd movie would have been about the consequences

"What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?"

Wow, it’s almost like realising steam can move stuff doesn’t magically allow you to create boilers that don’t explode under pressure or something.

You realise that discussion was about movie Conan being dumber than story Conan, right?

The real answer to the riddle of steel is to have the will to wield both. It wasn’t the sword, it wasn’t his flesh, but his willpower to overcome Thulsa Doom’s mesmerizing hypnotism, the thing that killed his mother.

He is still clever though. Shrewd would be a good word. Also no I wasn’t aware.

same as multiplayer but there isn't any other player (which means some bosses are hard as fuck even at max level). I built shit all over the edge of the starting desert and the savanna.

Acting like Skyrim wasn't good is retarded circlejerking.

They absolutely make great open world games that's fun to explore and acting like it isn't is just... you live day to day or something. You don't remember the first time playing Skyrim? You're retarded

Can you just build shit all day?

they would if you had thousands of employees

Still not mesoamerican which was my main point, dummy

yep, and since you have admin rights you can basically go builder mode or give yourselfs infinite ressources. It's not as fun though, so I build smaller small settlements and connect them.

100% agree. I was quoting what the director said though for the trilogy. The strength of steel has its limits. Flesh comes and goes. But your will can live on forever.

Arnold looks literally nothing like neither REH’s nor Frazetta’s Conan

Skyrim is an average came, fucko, and I thought the exact same upon its release.

Name some games that do what Skyrim does.

Idk I think it'd be hard to find a mesoamerican in real life to fit as Conan. I don't think any of them have Conan's nose. Maybe the mouth and that's it

Pray, tell me what does Skyrim do?

Risen. Gothic. Kingdoms of Amalur. Outward. Witcher 3. Dragon's Dogma. Kingdom Come. Divinity: Original Sin 1 & 2.

You still pissed lol and you're literally in the minority on not liking it upon release. I knew you'd say that for some reason though... hmm.

literally none of those besides maybe kcd is anything like skyrim, do you even play video games

ultima 7

All of these games are good but they don't have any interaction like how a Bethesda game allows.

Glad I'm in the company of actual zoomers who think Skyrim is the peak RPG. How about you fuck off back to ResetEra?

>it’d be hard to find a [extinct culture member] as fit as a fictional character depicted as a roided up bodybuilder and created by a person obsessed with bodybuilding
Woah, I guess you might be onto something.

Nobody even mentioned rpgs in those posts.

>Accuse others of what you are doing
It sounds like you just focus on those dopamine hits like a zoomer, dumbass

I'm surprised you are interested in Conan actually

>Play NeoTokyo a few years back
>Talk in VC
>Some guy says I have an aztec accent
>I'm swedish

What the fuck? What on earth does an Aztec accent even sound like

Lol so then this convo makes no sense since the beginning. But I was thinking their relatives which would be native Americans or Mexicans. They don't fit the bill. Arnold is peak Conan look

None of them have the exploration and interactivity of Skyrim. Like this reatrd says - - its a bad RPG. Its more of an action game now than right and proper RPG. Doesnt mean its good at action, even if mediocre, thats combined with exploration&interaction.
And then there is modding aspect which shits on every game there is, even if core issues cannot be fixed (which is not true, but noone wants a hassle of dealing with the legal side of it).

Conan looks neither like what REH described him as, nor as Frazetta painted him, on what basis are you claiming Arnold is “peak Conan” besides being introduced to Conan through his movies as a kid, in which you case your argument is about as solid as a younger guy claiming pic related is “peak Conan”.

Forgot pic

Attached: A18FA9AC-B00D-4A5E-BE31-8C4C4DEA5637.jpg (768x433, 75K)

Well because Arnold is the best HUMAN depiction we have ever had of Conan. Sure, Arnold doesn't have blue eyes or a hairy chest but it's literally the best we've got, therefore is the current peak of what Conan looks like.

They picked him because he's the best we've got currently. But his mannerisms were more campy weren't they?

Why didn't sword and sorcery kino take off like it did in vidya? I want more fantasy films.

Attached: red_sonja_by_diegobernard_d1gnrr5-fullview.jpg (1280x1917, 340K)

Well, what does a role playing game entail to you? Most people only thinking about the numbers behind the scenes but to me that's not initially what role playing was about. That's kinda why Pathfinder overtook DND for a few years, imo

Nigga, even Frank Zane resembles Conan more than Arnold, and I picked him off the top of my head. He’s got a better physique, darker hair, and iirc blue eyes

Attached: red_sonja_by_marcioabreu7_d1wtg2u-fullview.jpg (1600x2175, 788K)

Attached: red_sonja_by_naramsinha_d8cuaoj-fullview.jpg (1024x1582, 172K)

The combat in that game is a mess.
Wanna avoid getting hit? Just keep walking in one direction, they'll never hit you.

Unironically wife material

The Xbox 360/ PS3 version is fucking cool.

Attached: 1383442018804.jpg (1920x1200, 895K)

>Frank Zane
I'ma have to still disagree. He doesn't have a savage/exotic look to his face which is pretty important. Arnold is also a really good actor and his personality fits Conan so perfectly. He's still the best all around package I'll have to say.

That being said, who is your goto Conan figure? Cartoon or not

Golden Axe: Beast Rider was a pretty fun game. It wasn't GREAT or anything, but I had a lot of fun with it. It's not too bad if you're looking for a simple sword and sorcery action game.

Attached: tyrisflare01.jpg (850x1076, 419K)

Hes a Cimmerian.
They are a barbaric tribal race from the northern roof of Hyboria. Their lands have very lite summers and very long and harsh winters. Because of this, most Cimmerian's are actually very pale, despite being renowned fighters and trackers.

Conan is bronze because 90% of his adventures are done outdoors in the southern lands and deserts. The remaining 10% are
>2% dungeons/prisons/caves/whatnots
>1% female bedrooms
>7% tavern/tavern room

humblebundle.com/books/red-sonja-dynamite-books

Humble Bundle is doing a Red Sonja bundle right now. Looks like theres only about an hour left for it though.

You're fucking tripping if you think you could get away with a Howard-esque Conan game in this day and age. Ignore Conan exiles being full of fat ladies trying to get E-raped, though.

Attached: 1385335308837.png (700x465, 535K)

shut it down. jpg is my opinion lol it seemed like the 2nd movie was intentionally gimped, even though the first was a success. Let the men have a manly role model I say

Choices and consequences, impact player's actions have on the world, multiple ways of solving an issue, unforseen consequences etc etc. Stats, classes, limitations on what each can do and how each interacts with the world. Stat/skill checks, sometimes you actualy benefit from failing them just as much as benefiting from them when succeeding. And similar stuff. Obviously most of it will never get implemented because no dev/studio will work on such a massive combo: open world/top-notch RP/great action combat etc etc. Its just too much.

No he isn't. Conan is there just because he's wandering. Exiles is set between the stories Xuthal of the Dusk and A Witch Shall Be Born. In Howard's stories even later on when he's king Conan and Thoth-Amon have no real interaction whatsoever, they never even meet. The derivative pastiche uses Thoth-Amon as a villain but even then I can't think of anything set around the same time where that would be the case.

I've never actually read any of the King Conan stories. Are they just war stories or what are they about?

Attached: 1394144073632.gif (150x113, 289K)

>savage and exotic
user, Arnold looks like a nerd who got built and founded an 80’s metal band in the movie.
He’s an Austrian with a tooth gap, in what part of the world is that savage and exotic?
Look at this guy, it’s like a live action adaptation of that part in the Heavy Metal animation where the kid gets turned into a huge dude on an alien planet.

Frazetta’s Conan is what I see as the quintessential Conan image, even though it’s wildly inaccurate, it just became the iconic look.

Attached: EE38FDF7-4409-4F72-BBC2-9F492712AB2D.jpg (630x400, 67K)

What about Conan Chop Chop? It's a little cute but it looks fun for another coop beatem-up

Friendly reminder for all conan fans
>Howard was a crazy as fuck texan. He 100% believed that the small town he lived on the outskirts of was plotting to kill him. It was extremely routine for him to board up his entire house for 2 days simply to keep the mob at bay (by extremely routine, the sheriff commented it happened atleast once a week, most times 2. The boards only ever really came down when he had to go into town for supplies)

>Howard didnt "create" conan. Conan himself traveled through time on on of Howards benders, snuck up behind him, put his ancient atlantian sword against his shoulder and pushed it to his neck and commanded him not to turn around and begin to write down every word he said. When the sun would come up, the story would be finished and conan couldnt be found. This happened several times in his life.

>Conan invented the entire concept of swords and sorcery, And was so popular that Tolkien created the entire Lord of the Rings series to be a more 'Family Friendly' Conan.

Attached: 1401334539593.jpg (768x1024, 98K)

>no dev/studio will work on such a massive combo

Yeah, too true. I do think as far as picking your poison goes, Bethesda gives the best freedom of exploration and freedom to interact with most things. Story-wise there's not much freedom.

Haven't even heard of it, but looking at it now I might try it out sometime.

Attached: resdonjaQFW1Texeiracov.jpg (600x911, 205K)

Conan is cool and all

But where the fuck is my Solomon Kane game?!

Attached: SolomonKane640sepia.jpg (380x640, 226K)

Did Conan make all the other fags write about him by threat of execution, or was that just regular fiction?

Typically stories where Conan is king; it's him dealing with the fact that he for the most part hates being king and has to deal with bitchy nobles trying to usurp his rule or neighboring rulers invading his land. Phoenix on the Sword and Scarlet Citadel are good stories for this. There's the novella Hour of the Dragon - but that's more the story of how Conan became king of aquilonia.

The one where you can massacre hundreds of pikts in gore style, combat should be even better than in Sekiro

Fanfics.
To be fair, more than half of them are actually pretty decent. Theres a fansite with a turbo autist who read every single conan book and shortstory ever produced and using the clues, timeframes and locations mention in the stories, put every single one of them in chronological order.

I found a torrent with every single book and SS and im currently reading them in said order. Turbo autist really did his homework cause its fucking spot on

Some of the buildings in here, especially the grand prize winner, make me feel like a fucking retard with my boring cabins and castles.

forums.funcom.com/t/building-contest-winners-and-entries/83233

Your pic looks like he's actually been living on the land and not air brushed by the studio. And yeah, it was made in the 80s, the worst decade of any decade, but I don't see him as a metal band 80s since they would spray their hair up and down and super skinny. Overall it's way less onions than the Conan 2011

Sounds good, link please?

Haha he was actually a really great writer due to his vivid imagination then? No intelligence needed then. Stephen King btfo

A good part of the movie literally looks like 80s metal photoshoots.

Attached: FF82A1AC-5B81-44BF-ACC5-FC33FCC1E5A0.jpg (4817x2709, 771K)

Conan Exiles had such a good building system that Arrk actually copied it and added it to their game and called it a new feature.

There were some mods that made it a little better, with the ability to overlap pieces, or to add structural supports for bigger roof sections, but even with the basic tools you could build some really cool castles and structures.

I wish when I played it for a bit, I cared enough to join a server and get friends to build with, but I just played solo and made a cool castle and then stopped.

These guys aren't Conan and what's your point really? It WAS made in the 80s. Each generation lives off the trends they are a part of. Dressing like that was how you got laid. Now you only get laid if you mimic current trends. Even then Arnold Conan is still peak Conan. His look goes beyond 80s somehow

>n-no, he’s meant to look dopey, that’s peak conan because it’s savage and exotic and dressing like that is how you got laid, even though It was a niche movement and Arnold was famed for getting laid by flashing his biceps and he dressed and fashioned his hair literally nothing like that
There is a tome to stop and that time is 15 minutes ago.

>These guys aren't Conan and what's your point really?
Yeah no shit, that's a photo of the metal band Manowar.

His statement was that Conan the movie looked cheap and janky like a Manowar photoshoot.

Because it's FREE DOMAIN in Europe.

troubled brow

Titanic open world a la Daggerfall, filled with roleplay options and rpg mechanics, but with current tech.

Sea peoples are kind of overblown. They fucked some shit but they didn't cause the collaps

Attached: conan.jpg (2412x3048, 583K)

How come?

i heard somewhere, don't remember where, that the sea people were more an effect or symptom of an already global collapse taking place

>n-no he's meant to look dopey
I never said he looked dopey or anything like that. I said his looks go beyond 80s style. Just attributing it to 80s style is retarded.

80s style was to have long hair. Conan is depicted with long hair. But being made in the 80s doesn't mean it was following those trends. Although to some I guess yeah it's hard to escape the similarities.

Conan 1984 was actually well made though. Regardless of your own opinion it's considered a cult classic goes well beyond just a simple early 80s movie.

Cheap and janky are just opinions. He's attributing it to the time it was made but its references weren't 80s in style. Just the cameras and technology.

Because steam technology is based on machinery withstanding a lot of heat and pressure without compromising structural integrity.
Expecting Romans to build steam powered machines is like expecting them to build cars because they knew fuels existed.

>references weren't 80s in style.
LMAO

Attached: 04F2D371-1466-4A8A-A0F1-14B28F3F9BF5.jpg (1279x540, 154K)

Warhammer 40k.

>two guys hardly in the movie means it's all 80s in style

Cope. Arnold Conan is still the best Conan movie

Nobody argued that it wasn’t the best Conan movie.
You claiming Arnold’s Conan is the best portrayal of Conan is what’s fucking retarded.

who then, mamoa? Sorbo?

>of these 3 pieces of shit, one stinks less than the others
Wow

Nobody fucking talked about live action only, retard. Every single artwork is better than any movie Conan.

I said HUMAN depiction of Conan. Not talking about art portraits of comics. He's the best specimen we've ever had in our human society.

THe first time you said this shit was
As a reply to a chain of posts discussing Conan illustrations depicting him as some mesoamerican type dude because of Frazetta.
Learn to read and fuck off.

>human depiction of conan
As opposed to all those other depictions of him as an alien?

human as in person, not as in a drawing
idiot

Except you jumped into a discussion of visual depictions of Conan, claiming Arnold the best, directly comparing him to illustrations.
Learn English, Pedro.

And even earlier
And another point here
Clearly it's talking about human depiction here too

Just pay attention to the convo kid

You're retarded
Calling him mesoamerican is taking it out of the art form already since mesoamericans actually exist

test

Learn to read, Miguel.
Trying to backpedal after you fail to understand basic English doesn’t make you look less retarded.

As a person Patrick Stewart seems like such a tool - yes man, he'll talk to please.

Never post on Yea Forums again you vile zoomer shitbag

Attached: 1439759707651.webm (1280x544, 2.39M)

Arnold's Conan wasn't in the look. It was that Arnold was basically as near to Conan as anyone in the modern era could get. He had a very tangible animal spirit that carried the film. You could even have a quiet moment alone with Conan contemplating and not lose interest. This is no longer true of any actor below age 30

It's mesoamericans vs celts. Cimerians are based on Celts but he was saying Conan looked more mecoamerican. My point was if put a native american on the big screen as Conan instead of having Arnold as Conan it would not feel like Conan. A hairy chest and blue eyes are not the big picture of the spirit of Conan. Arnold fit that spirit perfectly.

"It's too 80s bro!"

Wasn't tha game were people spent most of their time with dong sizes?

You literal retard lol you can't keep up with a simple convo it seems.

it was the most important stat

That 3 part book collection from del ray is pretty great has the maps history and rough drafts from howard

god i wish the /ceg/ was still up until the retards decided to make 5 different servers

I'm confused how that works. Should I read del ray or go straight to Howard? Is it a curated REH 3 part book?

del ray published all of howards original conan stories in 3 books thats what it means

Much appreciated

>Hitler came Conan
How could such a great writer forget the word "in"?

Is Conan too manly for the current era?

yes he takes women when he wants
the frost giants daughter would cause an uproar if released today

Funny that she was gonna try to kill him and eat his heart or something. He got her back in my book

How good is fucking Conan? I'll post 3 little examples of the writing on it. You read your weeb novels thinking they know how to make a good "mc" like you kids say? HA!

A fucking shame english have devolved with time (these are 40's books.)

Attached: 1.jpg (743x1200, 134K)

Attached: 2 (2).jpg (1125x1145, 145K)

Attached: 3.jpg (480x1024, 73K)

Pretty fucking visual. I've only read the comics but I think I'll be buying the books soon

>no u

They do kill each other but they always prioritize the player

>doesnt tell how Conan snapped that fucker's neck
>can see it happening nontheless
Now, how do we implement a moment like this into a video game? Stat/skill-check? QTE? Simple movement command? Dedicated hand-to-hand button? Action button + stat/skill-check? I know QTE are garbage, so none of that then.

You have to move towards him, and then press forwards + dedicated hand to hand at the same time, and then start spinning the movement stick in a circle while you rotate the controller side to side and quickly tap the touchpad over and over again.

Sorry, moviebox exclusive.

>controller
its for KB+M only.
W + grab key followed by grab key + block key followed by holding block key + action key at the same time.

fuck that scene was so brutal truly a great writer

Why did funcom end up the company making conan games? its a perfect setting, from the knights of aquilina (i forget how its spelled) to the picts and dark magic that set worshippers wield. its got everything

So I ended up treating myself and splurging on this. Now I just need to figure out the right reading order for it. Gonna be a fun night ahead.

>comics
hope you guys dont do this
you HAVE read the original short stories by Robert E. Howard the only creator of Conan the Barbarian stories?

Because no other company was smart enough to grab it.

Look up Onslaught for Sega Genesis, it's the ideal barbarian game period.

But that's like a tryhard Dunsany parody without the charm of the original.