>Devola! Devola! user-kun finally woke up

Attached: image.jpg (920x840, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uU7BqYvrvnM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why couldn't I wake up in the better Nier game

Because it's not translated so you wouldn't understand anything

I don't understand anything anyways.

Attached: 1551695313156.png (500x485, 373K)

>oh shit its the human killers

Attached: download (8).jpg (213x237, 7K)

YOU FUCKING KILLED HUMANITY YOU FUCKING BITCHES.

I HATE YOU!

I HATE YOOOOOOOOOOOOU!

Attached: AHHH.gif (348x151, 958K)

Anyone just spend 15 minutes listening to Devola sing?

DEVOLA AND POPOLA (the original ones not these new models) AREN'T GUILTY OF THE EXTINCTION OF HUMANS. THAT SHITHEAD REPLICANT DID IT AND IT WAS HIS FAULT ALONE

>the original ones not these new models

Attached: 1565134034077.gif (600x293, 2.14M)

The character designs are gorgeous but the character models themselves look like cheap shit.

is this another faggotry that only happens in side materials? because fuck taking a look at Rekka's website again, I'm over that autistic shit

>look at me look at me I played nier! I am the only person who did so! no one else who likes automata played nier or drakengard!
god you faggots are insufferable

>when they do the duet in the tavern
>when the duet plays at the end and it switches to popola's solo after you kill develoa

they aren't new models
they are different models who were in different areas on earth
the devola and popola in automata still existed in the events of nier and were COMPLETELY disconnected from everything that was happening

Attached: 1555253819216.jpg (750x729, 75K)

We gotta kill the alien robots!

Who the fuck were these bitches even supposed to be? Saw them in Nier Automata and thought they had more of a story but they literally just sat there in that human camp the entire time.

they were fucking non-existant

>melting down just because I prefer nier over automata
how insecure can you possibly get

>the devola and popola in automata still existed in the events of nier and were COMPLETELY disconnected from everything that was happening

just because you got the same job as another sorry fuck on the other side of the globe and they failed to do theirs while you didn't doesn't mean it's your fault

Did you not play route C?

I just thought it was weird you made an exception for them when they're even MORE innocent than the OG D&P

Pretty sure the gestalt reports already implied that there were more than one set of devola and popola, they were designed as overseers to nurture replicants until their souls were ready to return. The same thing is happening all over the earth you just don't see any of it because it's isolated to the one area.

there's different endings?

in some pretty easy to access in game log, it tells you they ARE the originals, but had their memories wiped.

Why does every girl in Automata have the same face structure? I mean they're all pretty but it's just weird, are they all just androids of the same build?

Attached: 1544332686530.jpg (238x279, 13K)

>are they all just androids of the same build?
yes

I liked watching them getting killed

26. One for each letter of the alphabet.

Their faces are just projections anyway, have you seen looked at any of the destroyed android bodies?

I just meant that while it's not inherently the Nier's Village D&P's fault, they still failed

>automata made the series popular due to the outstanding jump in quality so you feel the need to mention how you liked the clunky old game just to feel like a special snowflake
who's more insecure? you could have just not posted in the thread if you don't like automata

>NEAR TOO BAD
This shit is getting embarrassing

Attached: 1552873890827.png (1703x1080, 1.72M)

> they literally just sat there in that human camp the entire time

How about you play more than the first third of the game and then come back with any questions you have left.

the devola and popola of nier events are 100% completely dead, they're not the originals in that sense
it's not like anyone was making any more devola and popola models after humanity was already extinct

I've always felt fault more with the shadowlord for growing impatient and basically forcing their hand
I don't really know what the fuck they were supposed to do, it's not like they could just hash it out and tell the now-sentient replicants to give up their entire existence for someone they've never even met

Attached: 1534071459729.jpg (733x946, 61K)

I've played both. Automata has better gameplay by far but NieR 1 had a more impactful story to me. Taro games are mostly known for the story anyways.

Nice

Attached: 1562342289900.jpg (900x859, 459K)

This game sure has a lot of stupid pointless characters. does taro know no one gives a fuck about his faggot plays and side material and this game is a trainwreck?

If the original devola, popola and Weiss dind't have severe brain damage then everything would have been fine

Why do they have fetal alcohol syndrome?

>I don't really know what the fuck they were supposed to do
well if the humans really thought of everything maybe make more failsafes and keeping tabs on the Original's replicant with more backup instead of just two keepers ffs. I'm willing to bet if they got more help they'd be able to deal with the replicant and Weiss

>Nier: Automata
>why the fuck is his name on the title if he's not even here
>N2 revealed that they absorbed his data, and effectively all of humanity, that he left on that tree computer
>tfw they truly were Nier's automata

Two potential characters totally wasted by the hack of Yoko Taro

>with more backup instead of just two keepers ffs
They did. Don't remember if it's ever mentioned how exactly but devola and popola are breeding and cultivating the replicants like you would plants, keeping them prepared for the time when the gestalts are ready to be remerged. There were many Nier replicants before the one that you play in the game, but at that point the process has gone on so long that the Yonah's gestalt starts to break down and destabalize, which is why the shadowlord kidnaps replicant yonah at the halfway point.
It's just a shitty situation all around with no real way to save it now that the original human scientists were all already dead.

It's really pretty convoluted as fuck, Taro's deep, masterful lore is not really his strong suit but it's fun to talk about

Attached: 1560220623478.jpg (850x679, 90K)

I think I coomed to an animation awhile back where both of these girls were futas and they were double teaming either another girl or a femboy.

>There were many Nier replicants before the one that you play in the game
this I didn't know. Is that even on the game or?

>It's just a shitty situation all around with no real way to save it now that the original human scientists were all already dead.
the moment those drakengard fags opened a portal to Earth, mankind was already on borrowed time.

>game literally goes and says the timeskip from the tutorial to when you start controlling Replicant Nier 1000+ years
>somehow think Replicant Nier could live that long
user, it's almost implied by the timeskip lots of shit happened between.

Oh great, it's those twins. Least it's not the other twins.

Devola and Popola did nothing wrong.

Attached: 1490194998304.jpg (651x900, 184K)

They have to because replicants all eventually develop the black scrawl after enough time away from their gestalts, just like their gestalts will all eventually relapse outside of their replicant (and cause the black scrawl to appear on them)

The shadowlord is able to reset relapsed gestalts that have gone crazy, but he stops doing it once he realizes he can't prevent yonah's relapse any longer and instead focuses everything on putting her back in her replicant to save her.

Attached: 4a5fe3e2d8dc4d1c8a2f4bc784ea113d.jpg (522x800, 100K)

If the Devola and Popola from Nier had intervened earlier, the project probably would've still failed, but it wouldn't be because they basically did nothing until the last minute.

>the moment those drakengard fags opened a portal to Earth, mankind was already on borrowed time
also yes queen beast pretty much fucked everything

Attached: 1538686940027.jpg (240x240, 11K)

I felt no remorse killing these two, and I don't understand why every boohoos and muh feels about it.
They were just annoying.
>IT DOESNT MATTTTUUUUUUUR UUUUUUUUU~
Shut up and die, you cherry haired slut.

if devola and popola were so smart then why did they lead Nier directly to the place where he would eventually kill his own soul and the only hope humanity had left then huh?

I want a game set during the Legion crisis, Taro can even get crazy with it instead of jerking it to girl/boyband robutt soldiers all the time

Who are these semon demons and are there some rule34 feets ?

You two had ONE job.

Speaking of N2, two things: first, why did they fuck with 9S so much before they blew up the Bunker, then revealed Project YorHa to him? And second, someone is finally giving them some attention, lewds wise. twitter.com/dnnsfw/status/1147822490468532224

out of everything that deserves a remake, it's the original Nier. if only normies understand how tragic that game was I'm sure it would sell even more than Automata.
just make either a Mama/Papa Nier instead of Brother/Papa

>Entire plot of the game is about how this crazy bitch, who is actually a weird descendant of brother Nier, is madly in love with Nuclear 9S, but cant have him because he only loves 2B
>Game never actually addresses it directly because fuck you
Oh Taro, what would i do without you.

Attached: 25b4f07fb41389e8d1771e701cec43af.jpg (736x922, 136K)

2B and A2 is on purpose because they are effectively different models of the same "2" Line
Devola and Popola too because they are twins

Well at least some part of Angelus still lives within Emil

>literally called N(ier)2
TARO MASTER OF TRICKERY

huh? nier is fine as a game, why does it need a remake?
It's not like taro would ever be down with a remake anyways

But here's the thing, how do they even still have access to all the data about Nier to even allow her to be called Nier2, if Nier Replicant deleted himself from all of history/existence.

I wouldn't be surprised the number "2" represents "cursed love" and transcends time and space, so every girl named 2 gets to suffer a lot even with 11 thousand years of difference between them

Attached: two_drakengard_6130.png (250x300, 88K)

if I recall correctly one of the grimoire nier stories explains that they brought him back with the forest supercomputer and he fucked kaine

this guy didn't read grimoire

wheres four

Attached: best girl.jpg (1536x1048, 446K)

Why is so much fucking content relegated to extra media? You fucks complain about garbage ideas like XV's multimedia shit, but somehow defend similar shit for Nier. Like how a fucking stage play gives Automata a good ending where things aren't nearly as terrible.

Taro released a bunch of stories about the nier world, and one of them was about how Kaine couldn't feel happy, she felt something was missing in her life and was in despair. I think she even raped a dead guard because he looked like nier or something.

Anyway, she then finds the sleeping beauty tree, which is actually a super quantum computer made with magic to handle all the gestalt data (said computer would much later become N2). Because it was super quantum magic, it had info on nier even though he never existed, and it resurrects an young nier for kaine.
They get to live a few hundreds of years together.

She's so cute bros.

Attached: 1567622665649.jpg (1478x2004, 371K)

>somehow defend similar shit for Nier
in nier's case it's because the fucker can barely sell games (except automata) and his companies crash and burn every single time so he has no other choice

don't respond to shitposting

I think originally the games (or rather the budget) simply couldn't fit all of taros ideas, so he would write the overflowing ones on books and shit.
But i think he ended up liking to write on alternative media and just decided to release 90% of automata, with the last 10% spread around like 4 different kinds of media.

Its not the case of different writers creating their own expanded universe and trying to justify the holes taro hasnt thought. Its taro himself being an asshole and making the experience harder. He is the guy who leaked fake despair-filled endings to piss off the fans. He does this shit on purpose.

is the 24 man XIV raid connected to the Server that the machines fire to space in one of Automata's endings right?

I would love to rape her (with consent) over a pile of dead elves.

I bought drakenguard 3 on a sale but never got around to playing it before my ps3's disc drive shit the bed
Is it fine on emulator?

Dunno, give me more details, i dont play FFXIV

I heard it runs better on emulators than it ever did on the ps3 (because it ran at silky smooth 9 frames per second on the ps3. Even a shitty emulator can do better.

XIV's world was busted in 14 copies but it seems that the 24 man raid is set in only one of them, so it means it came from outer space after the "world splitting event"
previous examples are Omega and Midgardsormr who only exist in 1 of the 14 worlds because they came from space

Patrician taste, even Four is garbage

Suddenly hearing Jouji Nakata's voice come out of a little girls mouth was a real high point of this game for me.

The only character in the game I can think of that doesn't seem to have an interest in 9S is maybe A2.
>but cant have him because he only loves 2B
Well now she has her grip on 9S if ending D is anything to go by. And I imagine she'll never let go of him.
Four is complete shit and you know it.

>out of everything that deserves a remake, it's the original Nier
You mean the first Drakengard right? That one arguably needs a remake way more than Nier.

>Why is so much fucking content relegated to extra media?
Because it doesn't matter for the stories of either game. It makes the world bigger and expansive with events besides the games but you don't need them to understand the immediate plot or themes.

Are you restarded? The game tells you there are multiple endings. And that they're different enough to be worthwhile.

You need endings A, B, C and D to get the full picture. And the game is "different enough" not to be a chore in each route.

At least with endings C or D you can go straight to the final fight of the game to get the other quickly after getting one of them.

bully with dick

Just how many people who bought Automata actually finished it? Judging from achievement charts, barely half the people who bought it even finished the tutorial.

>barely half the people who bought it even finished the tutorial.
To be fair, the tutorial is fairly tough. Long time (including a boss fight) before you get to your first save.

No, they're the same MODEL as the original.

No

>>automata made the series popular due to the outstanding jump in quality
You know as well as everyone else that the quality isn't what made it popular.

youtube.com/watch?v=uU7BqYvrvnM

Hey, Taro. Put the story in the damn game next time, not a book.

The games' actual stories are contained in the games
Individual character motivations being explained in additional material is due to them either being written after the fact or just not conveniently working with Taro's directorial methods/budgeting constraints
The problem with XV is that all of the side material was announced alongside the game and that outside of the ending most of the interesting writing isn't contained within the game at all

I... thought the aliens made the terminals.

Attached: 1465528289585.jpg (433x469, 50K)

Highly likely, since that's also canon to ending E

XIV functions off of a very vaguely defined universe, the "world" as it was was split into 14, with a source world and 13 "shards"
Whether there are 14 different "universes" or just one with a planet split across 14 pocket dimensions isn't really understood yet, but the idea of an object (ie the machine lifeform data obelisk) coming out of space implies the former. The two characters (Shinryu [true] and Omega) that weren't from the original world and have no parallels on its shards came from an interdimensional rift (since they're from FFV) rather than just plain outer space so they aren't a good metric

Can we get a Drakengard 2 where we as Caim bully Manah all throughout the game. Hell it could even be done like those shitty Story games but ever option is to pick on Manah.

We already have a Drakengard 2, and there is no scenario in which Manah has a happy ending. She either starts an orphanage and breaks up with Nowe (who will return to the Knights and never get to see Eris) in ending A, die in Ending B, or rid the world of magic and dragons in Ending C, where, 15 years later, humanity will dump Legion/Red Eye made from the WCS in NieR's time.

gay

post the reaction face
you know the one

I only wake up when they're giving a blowjob

NIER's taro is shitty attempt of recreating evangelion. there i said it

I think you're talking about Drakengard 1. Taro himself said he was inspired by Evangelion when making D1.

>waking up in a Yoko Taro game universe

Attached: imindanger.gif (480x269, 1.16M)

According to steam 42% got ending A and about 20% reached final credits.
People don't finish games these days, it requires to have more attention than that of a goldfish

Wtf, everytime someone uploads a Nier or Drakengard screenshot/webm, I always think they're from the same game
t. Never played either

Attached: 1568014995712.png (500x500, 24K)

doesn't take long enough for a hack to confess his sins

Hell, even the S models and Adam/Eve have that same face.

He was also pretty clearly inspired by Berserk, but one could argue a lot of games are.

You forgot to mention that even though humanity was fucked at that point, the computer still had humanity's data and was waiting till the time to actually use it. When Kaine revived Nier it killed off any chance humanity could recover.

The aliens created the brainless Machines.
Beepy that robot from OG nier gave them the spark of self awareness.
The from that, the terminal started taking form
The machines killed the aliens
Then the terminal kept growing until it found the Sleeping Beauty tree, and absorbed. Thats is basically where N2 comes from

Oh look, the useless pair who got humanity wiped out.

Attached: 1537803618258.gif (154x154, 978K)

Racist fuck

How the hell did we get from riding middle-aged dragons to a robots only earth?

Attached: 1558386637790.png (269x273, 196K)

Killing off the Shadowlord sealed that fate forever. He kept all the shades from going nuts, which kept their designated bodies from getting the Black Scrawl. Killing off the Shadowlord doomed the gestalts and the replicants in one single motion, all so that he could get a daughter back that was doomed to succumb to the Black Scrawl even if you ignored the Shadowlord's death-inducing problems.

>And the game is "different enough" not to be a chore in each route.
>not to be a chore
Whatever you say, buddy.

I don't play Nier but for me it's N2's feet

could you imagine somehow waking up in a world as the last human alive, in a world full of androids. They'd see you as some kind of God and exist solely to serve you.. though over time they'd realize you're a less than perfect "creator"and might kill you and destroy the moon server to wipe out humanity for good, deciding we were a flawed species that had its time and has been replaced.

>either
m8 there's like 5 games

The middle-age dragons thing takes place in another universe, where humans are trying to fend off evil gods. They fail. In the battle, Caim, Angelus and the Queen Beast end up tossed out of their universe and fall on ours, modern day world.
The queen curses every human on the planet, creating an unstoppable plague that is wiping away humanity.
But from the remains of Angelus, humans learn how to use magic, so during this time of need we achieve our last great technological leap.
We apply magic to science and create super advanced androids, bio-magical weapons, and how to extract and put back a human soul. They try the gestalt project as the last attempt to survive as a species, and it fails, only leaving androids on Earth

But what happened to the dragons?

Shot down by fighting jets.

science wins once again

That was just Angelus. The rest probably got eaten by huge babies.

Where are the androids during Nier? Is it just Devola and Popola or are there more of them about?

Androids were not a big thing yet at that point, but a minority.
That being said, it is heavily implied that Emil's butler(s) are all machines.

?
Why, what did they do

Tried to stop NieR from killing all humans in the first game, but did so in the most retarded way ever: by lying to him and point him in the direction of killing the Shadowlord. On the one hand, I understand why (they were scared shitless of him, and rightfully so). But sending him after all the people holding the keys to the Shadowlord's castle in the hopes that maybe one of them would kill him was extremely stupid. Much better to send him to places that have nothing to do with anything, and keep him chasing his tail until he's past his prime.

i agree and theyre both fucking great

What they should have done is just killed him in his sleep or poisoned him.

The problem is he massacred gestalt after gestalt wherever he went, prolonging the inevitable and sending him to random corners of the world would have just incurred more losses and not changed much in the grand scheme of things. If anything it would only have allowed him to become even more powerful and recover even more of Weiss' verses.
Better to just stake it all on the Shadowlord being more powerful.

Granted the best solution would have been for humanity to not give the overseers the capacity to develop emotions and have them axe any replicants as soon as they stepped out of line. If project gestalt didn't give the gestalts and replicants any freedom until they are combined again to revive humanity things would have turned out much differently

what kind of retarded question is that? did you not even play drakengard? or Nier?

KUWATAAAAA

is that surprising that many people only played automata considering that even fans of the drakengard games' opinions on the gameplay are at BEST "it's... playable" and more commonly "It's a small step above being tortured at least". The games are infamous for being grindy, long and boring to play.

Four is such a virgin.

>wakes up in the universe where humans are deified and the reason détre for both machines and androids
>still complains

And then, the machines got red eyes.

Have you played the game?

Route A: first half of the game
Route B: first half of the game with a different perspective and different gameplay
Route C/D: second half of the game. Unlocks chapter selection
Remaining route: just use chapter selection to choose the last chapter and chose the remaining ending. It takes 5 minutes. Then watch/play the real ending and, if your not a faggot, make the right choice.

Attached: e44.jpg (502x502, 58K)

I will never not hate Devola and Popola

Attached: file.png (174x252, 18K)

Also known as, the biggest middle finger in all of Drakengard.

More like
>they worship you and give you everything you want
>they realize humans weren't really that cool so all the cute androids start to tease you and sexually bully you just because it's fun
Now that's my kind of happy ending

Just be lucky it wasn't N2 that's doing the teasing.

Deepest lore

A2 wants his dick too tho. She has 2B's memories after all.

You what? The deep-voiced red-eyed evil little girls who brainwash people into violent red-eyed monsters aren't the result of a plot by the Watchers?

Attached: oDA5xTX.jpg (665x503, 39K)

Soooo, whom of you lovely young ladies do I get to come inside first, if you do not mind my asking?

Fuck

>Eve having Watcher tattoos is never explained

Oh right I forgot about that. But I think that's the result of having 2B's memories.

Neither is his second boss fight's scaled dragonskin pants and red-tipped dragon claw glove. It's just a dicktease for fans of the series.

They modelled themselves after their idea of what humanity was from humanities old archives. It's only natural that most of the documentation around the end days was about the watchers, project gestalt, and the various religions and cults the common folk searched for salvation in.
Pretty obvious they picked up on the watchers iconography and figured it'd be an essential part of humanities culture with how widespread it was at the end.

The last days of humanity must've been weird as shit.

point me to the nearest android boy

No.

That actually makes a lot of sense
Eve's tattoo becomes much more prominent and covers most of his body as he gets stronger because obviously those documents would have talked about the strange powers the watchers had

Popola > Devola

I’m a human and you have to do what I tell you, now show me the boypussy

>t. N2

lmaoing at the guy who played less than half the game

Fuck you whores. You deserve the shit you got over the years. Machine Lifeforms>Androids.

Shut it N2, you will never have 9S

>you will never have 9S
Well technically she does if you go for ending D.

>That resistance member who got you to repair his scanner fuckboy
Shame he died soon, I bet he fucked that shota robot aplenty.

To be honest, is ending C and D even canon at this point knowing that what is happening in E? Or perhabs somehow all those ending happen...?

Ending E comes after either ending C or D once everyone is dead. It doesn't really matter since the pods use backup copies to revive the three mcs, so what happens to the other data is irrelevant to the ending

That was really a strange mission. I don’t remember it all, but wasn’t the shota literally begging you to save him? Why did 2B and 9S just leave him there?

I like to believe that pods were smart enough to retrive some data from the ruins of the tower and also revived some operators. They deserve so much more love than they are getting. 2B got all the art while operators almost nothing ;_;

Yeah, I remember the scanner saying shit like "no.... help" or something while the resistance member is like "Alright! Now I have a family!"

Ending A is basically the first chapter of the game

the D-stay is in the novel. It also has an additional cut scene in game when you choose to stay.

Attached: 1568575677436.gif (1080x1080, 172K)

Ending E definitely won the Pods some love.

>Wake up
>No technology
>No one even speaks your language
>Have to deal with shitty shades all day
>There's a solid chance you could probably still get WCS and be completely fucked

Why in the world would you want to live in the first Nier game? At least in Automata, you'd be worshiped by technologically advanced sexy robots all day. They'd basically do anything you wanted to please you.

Why do people keep replying to that guy?

We actually started at robots since the civilization Accord's in existed before the events of Drakengard 3

Attached: Nier numbers.jpg (850x723, 218K)

watch him pull a stable time loop

He just wanted to tell everyone he played the first Nier, user. Don't think too much about it

A isn't a number, user

That's what I honestly assume

Attached: Nier Gods.jpg (849x1200, 391K)

I hoped that no one would notice

Attached: A2 v killer.jpg (762x999, 137K)

Yoko Taro watched every edgy science fiction and fantasy anime ever made and put it in video game format.

Yeah that sounds about right.

It wasn’t even them

I mean it's all a plot by the watchers, that goes without saying, but at this point the presence of an evil god that's the cause of most misery in the world is almost irrelevant when they always sow that misery into happenstance and partially justified anger.

He was begging you not to report the guy who fixed him to Yorha despite modifying a Yorha abdroid being ultra illegal. And then Yorha finds out anyway and just smokes them both to make sure info on how Yorha androids are made is kept secret to normal androids (mostly to make sure Yorha androids don't find out themselves).

The repaired kid was a stuttering autist but he wasn't asking to be saved.

Oh shit, I just assumed they were fucked to death by machines but that would totally fit YorHa's MO.