Thoughts on this new gaming desktop?

Thoughts on this new gaming desktop?

>inb4 build your own

dell.com/en-us/shop/game-desktops/new-aurora/spd/alienware-aurora-r9-desktop

Attached: 60624405-73D6-455A-9000-D061509A9A78.png (1129x1329, 791K)

Other urls found in this thread:

logicalincrements.com/
dell.com/en-ca/shop/gaming-and-games/new-alienware-aurora-gaming-desktop/spd/alienware-aurora-r9-desktop/daar9_h15e
pcpartpicker.com/list/xWzPx6
pcpartpicker.com/list/FnyWGc
pisces.bbystatic.com/image2/BestBuy_US/images/products/6164/6164118cv12d.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>alienware

user just don't, you can get a pc that's twice as better with the same price

Such as?

not good

Why not?

not going to spoon feed you cunt
just don't get an alienware and do a bit more research on what you want by looking at its parts

>imagine financing a pc

It's less powerful than my $1000 computer, but I built it back in 2014. I'm planning on upgrading in a year, you shouldn't plan on buying a weak and outdated computer.

belongs in the trash

Attached: into_the_trash_it_goes.jpg (200x249, 7K)

Wait, that's the new chasis they're peddling? That's some ibuypower-tier shit.

>Performance in fps in fortnite
Look, some fag outsourced /g/ to make this site:
logicalincrements.com/
Just use this

Op here. Does this computer support 4K?

There's no reason to ever buy one of these.

I got an R7 during 2017 when GPU prices were really high and I got a good deal on it compared to building my own new PC.

I regret it. It runs so fucking hot, it has such shit cooling compared to my older rig. Complete and utter garbage airflow. Shitty blower card included.

It's not worth it. Just build your own, you can probably still do it for less, get a decent case with decent airflow and you will be much better off.

>incel
go ryzen

There is too much risk in building my own

how come?

If I don’t install something right it could break the rest and there goes over 1000$

Why? By the way, the warranty on these pre-builts only lasts like a year, so you're better off just building your own. If there's an issue with a component, most of them are covered for a minimum of 1 year to 3 anyways.

post pc parts are keyed to prevent that from happening

>Alienware

Attached: 268313042017211.png (549x542, 562K)

What does that mean?

build it yourself you literal retard

it means that it prevents you from putting them in the wrong way

>premade poo

Attached: 1563020159208.gif (600x338, 3.47M)

Op here. If I build my own can I decide which side of the case has the glass on it? I want the glass to be on the right side when I’m facing it. Most pc cases have glass on the left side. Also, a case with glass on both sides would be great

Hi OP, I recently bought an alienware and had a bad experience that many others were having as well. Just google it. It was the Alienware Aurora R8 and it was LOUD. I'm not even exaggerating. I was happy at first because I had this cool gaming pc but what's the point if every single time you play on it, it sounds like you have a car engine running next to you? On top of that, it sprayed all this hot air making my room like 10 degrees hotter. I literally returned it and bought an 800$ HP computer and feel happier. The Alienware was $1300, and I'm traumatized and will never buy from them again.

Attached: Alienware-Aurora-R87-e1549971527182-1024x682.jpg (1024x682, 92K)

>A case with glass on both sides would be great

then............... buy one????????????????

Attached: ycMdNi8S7PeD4LKJb2AfCD-650-80.jpg (650x634, 104K)

I can’t find one

The reason the window is usually on the left side is because of the standard layout of an ATX motherboard. The I/O panel (USB, etc), CPU, and PCIE slots are in the same position on all ATX motherboards. If you wanted the window on the right you would need an inverted case. This would most likely meant the PSU is above the motherboard and the CPU is at the bottom of the case. If you want to find it, inverted ATX is probably the keyword to find a case like that. Some autists might tell you this is bad because heat rises, but with fans it shouldn't be an issue. Windows on both sides is dumb because the back side of the motherboard is normally where you want to hide all of your cables and there isn't much to look at.

if you are going to build your own computer here is some general advice

make sure the motherboard you are getting fits the case
make sure that the ram, graphics card, cpu, ect all are compatible with the motherboard
when placing things together make sure you displace any static by placing your hands on the case. Be extremely careful with static, one little static shock can completely destroy a component.
never touch the golden tips of a component,
ALWAYS make sure that alteast the cpu fan is plugged in, without that you cpu will burn up and die within minutes.

if you do end up going with a pre-built computer when it arrives make sure to let it set for about an hour or so to get to room tempiture

Can anyone recommend a good prebuilt?

No, because there is no such thing

You literally can't put shit in the wrong way unless you are a complete retard, this shit is like legos. If you can plug shit into other things you're probably going to shit up your PC in a week with cryptominers and ransomware in a few days anyway.

>ALWAYS make sure that alteast the cpu fan is plugged in, without that you cpu will burn up and die within minutes.
Modern mobos won't even boot if the cpu fan isn't plugged in.

So I guess this is a good a thread as any to ask, With the new Ryzen APUs AMD put out, why in the goddamn shit has nobody put out one of those micropcs with one of those in em.

there a no good prebuilts
prebuilts = scamming you by selling you garbage ram, mobo, psu, and storage that will fail after 6 months while pretending that only gpu, cpu and ram size matter

A good prebuilt will run you over $2000

For reference the $900PC I built 2 months ago is on par with the most expensive package on OP's page.

No fuck you. Dont sit there and shit on people and when they ask for help act like an entitled cunt.

Build your own.
>Why
Overpriced as fuck.

Nzxt builds computer for u

Bitch can you build a lego set? Then you can build a PC. Only literal retards could screw it up, your not going to break anything as long as you follow instructions, not drop the thing on the ground, and do some basic research first then your going to be just fine. If your seriously considering buying alienware then you are already most likely retarded.

dell.com/en-ca/shop/gaming-and-games/new-alienware-aurora-gaming-desktop/spd/alienware-aurora-r9-desktop/daar9_h15e
>$3,549.99

pcpartpicker.com/list/xWzPx6

well that was super fucking easy

Here's a water cooled version with 850W because fuck it

pcpartpicker.com/list/FnyWGc

>it's the usual "i like to get scammed because i'm too dumb to build my own pc" episode

Attached: 1558245091423.jpg (624x474, 24K)

There is a case for that, the a300 deskmini

It's made for the 2nd gen so it doesn't fit the Spire cooler on the 3rd gen tho

Most parts are keyed to only go in a specific way, and there are a great many build guides out there on youtube and all over the internet from start to damn finish that you can follow along with. it's literally impossible to really go wrong at all if you just follow the guides and most of them are filmed so its that much easier than having to use a manual/book. I've built about 5 pcs and just followed instructions on manuals and viewed youtube tutorials, it took a bit longer because I tended to take my time with some part installations but I managed it.If you're that scared you can go with something like NZXT's BLD which just adds a slight cost on for assembly over the parts cost and is a good deal cheaper than Alienware. But honestly doing it yourself can be rewarding, and most parts are covered by a decent warranty, some will even honour fuckups (i.e. had a friend who installed cpu (r5 2700x) took off cooler to change paste and cpu came with (a common issue but he was not aware) and some of the pins were slightly bent. He sent the cpu + board/ram/cooler in for RMA and the vendor straightened out the pins and ran tests and it was back up and running fine, all in all it cost him like $40 in postage.

No matter what you say, that ventilation must be awful.

Just build your own with a nice case. Get a Case Review from GamersNexus on YouTube and pick one.

Case air flow does matter.

Yep that's the exact one I bought. I hit the thermal limit on the GPU basically always on any game. I have to run the fans super high all the time to keep it under 80c. I also got mine refurb on sale. Don't do what we did user. Even at a discount this shit ain't worth it. Building is always better.

Very cool, thanks.

>mfw trying to explain to friends why buying prebuilt pcs is fucking retarded
So fucking sick of fighting this battle desu. Im just trying to look out for my friends and make sure they dont purchase an overpriced piece of shit that'll either die or become obsolete in less than a year. But every time it's the same shit
>but alienware computers have good reviews
>but i could break something
>but if an ant touches the motherboard the whole thing is doomed!!!
fuck it tbqh, i should just let these retards waste their money. they're already dumb enough to buy iphones

Attached: 1374234743081.jpg (500x382, 28K)

>"What's the FPS on Fortnite?"

This does look like it has garbage airflow. The video cards aren't getting shit airflow. They're suffocating in this.
pisces.bbystatic.com/image2/BestBuy_US/images/products/6164/6164118cv12d.jpg

youtube.com/watch?v=WM-OYGTm5yQ
>The fucking comments

Top kek

now I sincerely want you to buy an alienware. enjoy it OP you deserve it

I only have one thought on it, but you inb4 me on it, so I got nothing.

The prebuilt I have right now is actually not that bad for 999€.

i5-9400K
1050Ti
8GB RAM
The only issue is 256GB of SSD storage, and that's it. An external drive of course fixes the issue.

>999€
>1050ti
Shit is wack

That's what I get for being in a poor family, user. Besides, 1050ti works well enough for what I want to play. I don't give a shit about the latest and """greatest""" in AAA.

Attached: Untitled.png (232x291, 112K)

We're both poor but you're didn't knew any better m8. You can buy a secondhand prebuilt like dell optiplex, buy a new psu, and a 1060, and it probably only cost you $350-400.

I knew this because I bought a secondhand optiplex from auction and 1050ti from amazon, cost me roughly ~$330.

Took my pc for upgrading just yesterday. 500€ for having everything aside from GPU and storage upgraded. Gonna be 16gb ram and i7 9700. Thats a thousand less than this and with that money i can buy a gpu way better than this. Just stop