If you remember this, you're childhood was awesome!

if you remember this, you're childhood was awesome!

Attached: xbox 360 2012.png (650x366, 404K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wKf1SW2F8TY
iconarchive.com/show/antiseptic-videogame-icons-by-starvingartist.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I kinda miss the blades honestly

i remeber it and my childhood sucked, give me those 18 years back please

yeah the blades were simple and snappy. then they changed it to the avatar, ad squares, and made the menus a bit more complex to navigate for certain things. it also took longer to boot up too

>used to play halo 3 and reach with my bros all day and all night
>had a ton of fun
>now they never talk to me, they don’t even care if I’m still alive
I want a hug

Attached: B93A817C-10B3-4352-82F8-5194807D8751.gif (500x500, 467K)

Obviously this is an ironic post, but this shit is at least functional. I prefer it over every single console's new UIs.

Welcome to adulthood pussy

My friends list was full of people I never met in real life but during the MW/BlackOps era I never played alone. The camping, the spamming, the quick scope matches, commando pro, noob tube (or Pro Pipe we called it) the fights in the lobby and of course the Xbox messages; if you really pissed someone off you got a recorded message. Fun times, but now I haven't talked or played with any of them in over a decade, my Xbox is a big Netflix machine, friends list shrank, some have been offline for years.

Miss it, Miss it all.

this too
youtube.com/watch?v=wKf1SW2F8TY

Its the only time in my life I consider lost time.

My mother never let me have anything XBox because, "It only has the violent rated M games."

When Xbox was actually decent unlike today.

blades were way better than this shit.

This is what you get for trusting Micro$oft, amerifag.

>childhood.

if you remember this, your childhood probably consisted of floppy disks, writing a lot of codes from magazines, actually being outside for 70% of it, and occasionally vidya.
Also fuck tapedecks for eating your cassettes, even those free ones from the shitty magazines you used to record the radio.

Attached: file.png (400x300, 223K)

dad, is that you?

i play banjo kazooie as child
bring joy

i'm still on Yea Forums at 30+, you really think i have kids?

Attached: 1544615408795.gif (322x200, 1.55M)

oh an want sex bird
thank for listen

Hey gramps

>zone:underground

there are plenty of people on here who have families now.

Attached: xbox.png (371x365, 242K)

if you remember this, you lived an extremely blessed childhood.

Attached: xbox-360-blades-dashboard-1.jpg (600x338, 32K)

I'm 30+ married with 2 kids, you just have to believe in yourself.

> you're
*your're

I have a family, consists of my woman and my dog, fucking bringing another one of you screeching milkdrinkers into the world.
my little brothers can carry on the family name, i'll just enjoy vidya and shitposting online.

Attached: JHGZkyP.jpg (3840x2160, 939K)

I hate how everysingle interface now can't have any character, or any shape that isn't a square or a circle. Look at this fucking interface. It fills up my screen, and it's easy to navigate. The new screens are so fucking bad eugh, fuck modern day minimalism. It's literally """"minimalist"""" just so they can shove more ads up my ass

>married that early

>NXE
>not OG xbox dashboard

fag

>Xbox dashboard goes from dark blades to lite metro
>dark room gets lit up with the new bright white UI
oh yeah that's why I got a PC

>early
Enjoy your autism babies

same. i still have people i played with almost every day on my friend list and now if i message any of them they are like "who is this?"

it's surprisingly common when you get to 30+... it's like everyone around me is married with kids, and here i am, still staying up until 5am, watching shite and playing games, having all my money to myself, but it seems to beat their stresses..

>tfw living the dream

Attached: sKYnPR0.png (645x895, 496K)

>my 360 had literally never been connected to the internet
>was forced to update the system whenever I'd play newer games
>the dashboard gradually changed every time

Attached: martina.jpg (117x124, 2K)

Literally learning to program basic on a TI99/4a with a speech synthesizer right now and I'm 37. These children know nothing and will continue to live in darkness.

I remember. It was nice. My xbox didn't stay like that for too long.

wow I've never heard something so fucking beta in my life. how about manning the fuck up and raising your kid to not be one of those fucking faggots you hate so much? literally the most defeatist shit i've ever heard.

>got a Vic-20 at a garage sale once
>ended up using the cartridges to keep a heavy TV stand level

Thanks Shooting Gallery and generic space invaders clone for your 10 years of service.

Same.
Didn't like it. I think it may have fucked something up with my avatar. He had a L4D first aid kit and a Halo Reach Spartan helmet that he couldn't equip anymore. It upset me.

Stay awesome.

>beta

I'd rather spend my money on fun things, and do what i want to do in life, rather than babysit some asshole until i'm 50+

Attached: 4ZeApW8.jpg (436x298, 135K)

You must be 18 years or older to post here

Even worse when game UIs do it. BotW and Mario Odyssey have the most bland interfaces in the history of the franchises.

We're getting old user. Someone who was 5 years old when the 360 released would be 19 years old today.

I am child was awesome? Huh?

Picture of when the 360 went to shit.

>tfw I removed one of the last people on my friends list I gamed with because he started getting competitive and passive aggressive when we would lose
I have no problem getting pissed off, but at the end of the day I’m just trying to have fun. I don’t got time for that “alright man I’m getting off” and then seeing them in another party. Like why lie?

Yep, the Avatars were the main reason for the NXE and that was MS wanting to get some of that sweet sweet Wii money by copying the Miis.

why use a console at all, then?

this makes me miss battlefield 4 though i never owned it. to anyone that does, is it worth the price of what google says is between 4.99 to 12.xx? as in, is it active enough to warrant a purchase? bfv is only $20, and idc about women or whatever inverse SJW shit Yea Forums was bitching about, but it did feel different, maybe in a pure non-nostalgic way compared to 4. PC btw

absolutely based

im about to buy bf4 if you fags dont convince me not to

Ahem

Attached: EA988A6D-976F-4B50-A83A-B5238E3DF343.jpg (513x287, 17K)

>childhood
I fucking loath that you zoomers are old enough to post now

Ahem

Attached: maxresdefault (21).jpg (1280x720, 88K)

>you're
Esl cunt kys.

>tfw when you still play vidya and talk to the same bros you met in college playing halo 3
I even work with one of them. Its comfy being a 31 year old boomer with friends.

The future is now, and the future is us old man

t. literal shitbrain

okay, retard

I love those icons where did you get them? Wpuld be using them for the same exact purpose

Back when the pussy was hot

race traitor

Dilate then have sex.

I remember it, but I was like 25 at the time.

Stupid zoomer

was there a way to fill that fucking hard drive? I was pretty young, so i never had a n obscene amount of music to put in, but i never saw less than whatever maximum it showed as free space

Me and my gf ysed to play l4d and fuck all weekend for a bit

>those other worldly alien noises in the background

Attached: 1568321322278.png (462x450, 189K)

why did they keep changing it?

>mfw they are conversations from apollo mission

Attached: A659F7BF-A756-45C2-B1F0-9C46734C3C3E.gif (212x153, 1.66M)

>early
do you want your kids to post on Yea Forums or something

>they are conversations from apollo mission
Fucking sick.

Attached: 1546230025452.png (642x595, 454K)

Marrying any later practically guarantees you're going to be entering stepdad, second husband territory. Big fucking yikes on you, pal.

I really loved how the menu resembled an upright 360

>if you remember this
You mean this? Also I was 16 when this came out zoom zoom

Attached: Capture.png (637x478, 402K)

user, it's 2019, not 2010. The screaming 7 year old kid in a Halo 3 is now 19 years old.

Attached: 1535094946289.jpg (418x420, 30K)

iconarchive.com/show/antiseptic-videogame-icons-by-starvingartist.html

>360 nostalgia
So this is it, huh? as if Halo nostalgia was bad enough

Attached: 1485030545959.jpg (626x656, 86K)

>rather than babysit some asshole until i'm 50+
That type of projection is usually by people who are aware that they were assholes themselves growing up. Truly sorry you came from a bad family.

I mean we already have zoomers flooding Yea Forums with threads about how WoW Classic was hard and the first MMO ever. Next up is how Call Of Duty 4 and MW2 were the best things ever.

I'm 39 and married w/ children.

>Next up is how Call Of Duty 4 and MW2 were the best things ever.
I saw yesterday unironic MW2 nostalgia thread.

>Showing how old I am
MW2 is MechWarrior 2, right?

>just bee urself lol

>MW2 is MechWarrior 2, right?
haha, y-yeah...

no not because I'm too young or too old

but because I'm too poor

>tfw in 2006/2007 still playing PS1 & PS2 games and all those pirated PC games

at least I was in on the COD4 ride shitposting on cracked servers haha

The blades were slow as shit. What the fuck are you guys on about

if you're just using it for game saves then you'll never fill it. You either need to copy a bunch of music to it or softmod and rip games to the hdd if you want to get close to maxing it out

This was really cool back when I first got my 360 but nxe was still far better.

>Pulling the left and right triggers watching, the blades shuffle across the screen with that iconic sound.

I always hated that background graphic behind the two options. Like what were they going for, the neon era was over by that point.

I remember when consoles didn't have shitty menu systems. You just pop in the game, hit power, game boots up.

>*sip* yup

Is this really weird? I played that game with fellow middleschoolers back in the day, and now I'm 23 and have a budding family and extremely well paying job. Is there a reason I shouldn't take thw time to embrace nostalgia about parts of my childhood?

Hell yeah I do

Attached: 1559258254917.jpg (2877x1919, 985K)

Attached: GamePro_Issue_120_July_1999_0022.jpg (800x1060, 164K)

Attached: 1566431556621.png (666x666, 14K)

Attached: Gamepro vol 194 November 2004_0054.jpg (595x786, 89K)

But they can't guarantee ad space that way.
Why anyone bought the Burger machine x I'll never understand.

>NXE
Give me blades or give me death.

Attached: 1551854990264.gif (480x270, 1.67M)

Attached: GamePro_152_March_2000_U_0024.jpg (820x1100, 207K)

Attached: GamePro_Issue_111_Volume_09_Number_12_1997-12_IDG_Publishing_US_0028.jpg (586x781, 110K)

If you had the cam you would be the background with the colour overlaid. Any time something moved it would have a ripple effect. Really neat honestly

I don't like this.

Attached: 1565429750815.png (421x500, 151K)

I don't see what something I experienced when I was 20 has to do with my childhood.

Yes ok we know, you're a zoomer.

>tfw i was already an adult then.

>all these seething millennial manchildren
you're supposed to be raising kids at your age not impotently raging at them on a childrens toy forum lmao

Attached: cc9.png (705x605, 90K)