JRPG suggestion needed

I rarely play JRPGs, but I played FF7 & FF10 way back, and I want to play another game that gives me the same feeling that those did.

Doesn't have to be turn based. That was honestly the part of those games I enjoyed the least.

Story/sense of adventure is kinda important. Doesn't necessarily have to be an amazing story, just entertainingly told. I didn't enjoy FF15 because the story was such a horrible mess, and I didn't really enjoy Dragon Quest 8 because the game was mostly just focused on gameplay.

Also, I'd rather not play a really old one. Something in 3D with voice acting.

So far, I've written down these:

Nier: Automata
Yakuza 0
Lost Odyssey (emulator?)
Xenoblade Chronicles (emulator?)
Tales of Berseria
Dragon Quest 11

Attached: 1478606294475.jpg (640x480, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

complex.com/pop-culture/2016/07/lindsay-lohan-sex-list-forever/orlando-bloom
youtube.com/watch?v=5IpYOF4Hi6Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nier Gestalt

Also:

Im playing on PC

I've played KH1&2, don't have PS4 for KH3 available. But... i dont really give a shit about it

And i played like half of FF12 & my PS2 like broke or something. Not really excited to start that one over again

And I played I dno a few hours of FF13 and I didnt like it

Attached: ZN9Vux6ixmJtBVZTbyonF8gu9TaVwpY0oRmjjFVaPC0.jpg (900x1200, 188K)

lost odyssey, shadow hearts 1 and 2(and koudelka if you want, shadow hearts 3 if you want as well), and tales of vesperia are good
vesperia's not turn-based but the others are

Alright hadn't heard of it. Written down

I remember considering Lost Odyssey when it came out. Probably would've picked that one already if it didnt require an emulator

Havent heard of those other ones.

Is Tales of Vesperia the best one? I se "Berseria" is more recent

Attached: 1496001855076.jpg (1080x1080, 212K)

>tfw didn't appreciate midriff while I had the chance
Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'till it's gone

it's considered by some as the best, or at least was a few years ago
personally, it's the only one I've played of note but I only played it and one of the psp tales of the world games

Cool.

So its not just combat & grinding in the wilds? There is a narrative

Thats kindof the part im mostly interested in. Doesnt have to be a deep narrative, and it can be stupid. "Anime dumb escapism" or whatever as relief during exam grinds

Attached: 1481771483230.gif (356x418, 2.93M)

the story's good but if you really want a story you can get invested in, the shadow hearts games and lost odyssey are definitely worth it
lost odyssey has the best story of them but relatively boring turn-based gameplay, shadow hearts is a nice balance because the combat gets mixed up a bit with the judgement ring system, and tales of vesperia is a 3D field

Play more Yakuza if it's been a couple months or longer since you played 0.

Ys VIII

Shin Megami Tensei,all the series

Alright I think I'm leaning towards Lost Odyssey because it's more recent & because Shadow Hearts looks a bit more bleak. That or Tales of Vesperia.

Tales doesn't need an emulator so that's handy.

But I've made note of those Shadow Hearts games. legit hadnt heard of them, so if I get into JRPGs, those are definitively now on my list

Thanks dude

Gonna keep monitoring here though. Someone might recommend something else I hadn't heard of. Not really familiar with JRPGs beyond normie FF

Attached: t3_3bw8jt.jpg (1080x1080, 85K)

Never played any of them. Don't know shit about them except youre in some japanese street corner thats dense with stuff and you can do side-shit, and the story is good. Is 0 the one I want to play?

A what? FF8?

noted, thanks

Attached: 1479539079536.jpg (1080x1349, 134K)

Series is called Ys. The 8th game is pretty good

the shadow hearts are very bleak and miserable, yeah
really the only horror RPGs out there

oh lol

yeah that does look pretty good

How in the fuck have I not heard about any of these games... knew making this thread was a good idea

It's on my list, might become that one. Gotta gather these fuckers up and do some more research

Thanks. Legit never even heard of

Attached: zugin.jpg (2681x4000, 2.26M)

lol noted

need relief during the hardest course on a law degree. kinda trying to get the exact opposite of bleak & miserable, faggy as that sounds

Still, i've made note of it. if the story is good, i might legit play them

Attached: 5qdXV6R.jpg (1600x900, 161K)

If you want the opposite of bleak, you can check out Ni no Kuni. There are some gameplay issues but if you can get past those it has a very cute, fun world.

Yea forgot to mention, I did play that actually.

Looking at Ys VIII now, and I'm thinking that looks ideal, as long as there is a story I can give some shit about.

Other than that, I'm kinda sold on Tales of Vesperia (but want to check it up against the most recent one, Berseria) & Lost Odyssey

Will probably play one of those three. Written the rest down. Shadow Hearts & Nier sound really intriguing

Attached: j0wGlVU.jpg (950x1312, 168K)

>newfag posting 3dpd trash
you have to go back

lol yeah im not really pandering to the right crowd, am i

Attached: 1503252459151.jpg (1536x2083, 382K)

>Gestalt
Replicant or bust.

>tfw interested in midriffs since kindergarten
>still like them today

Nier Gestalt vs Nier Replicant is basically just regional difference. The American version is just called Nier

It was actually console difference and had a few subtle differences other than mc

I'm looking at Lost Odyssey. It fucking looks like the FF13 we never got. It sounds amazing

But tales of Vesperia VS Ys VIII, because those don't require a damn emulator

yeah i looked that shit up

Attached: 1481772089945.jpg (400x541, 88K)

you gay?

>while I had the chance
What does this even mean? Why can't you appreciate it now?

>3dpd trash
and

lindsay lohan looks like a rustly shovel

So tales of vesperia VS tales of berseria... how is vesperia seemingly way more popular while older? which has the best story?

Attached: QEL6jR0m0avjA3-JJaFDc7lvVpLyuolVJMpiYphfoBc.jpg (900x1200, 187K)

May he has a dicease that doesn't let you midriffs.

>which has the best story?
Abyss

>Also, I'd rather not play a really old one. Something in 3D with voice acting.
zoomers begone

The one from 2004?

I'm going to say something that will be extremely controversial here:

I care about the modern graphics & voice acting and all of that

I'd rather play a recent game right now.
Not always
But right now that's what I'm feeling.

So that game having the better story is NOTED, but im thinking more between the two recent ones.

I'm considering playing:

1. Lost Odyssey if I can be bothered to emulate it
2. Tales of Vesperia / Tales of Berseria / Ys VIII

Depending on which is most narratively engaging

Still open to more suggestions though

Attached: 1532304693104.jpg (1566x1583, 460K)

Star Ocean

It's prime Lohan dude, can't say no to that

Vagrant Story

I'm not OP, but i also want a JRPG, but where i can choose stat progression., unlike say FF7. i like morrowind if thats any help. dont want too much grinding

OP here, FF12 might be the one you want

noted
never fucking heard of those either
damn

Attached: 1498176158304.jpg (1000x894, 248K)

Chrono Trigger is a good one if you're dipping your toes into JRPGs even if it's old. You can emulate it or get it on Steam for PC. Tales of Vesperia is also good. The Breath of Fire series is pretty good despite being old and 2D. I'd recommend trying it with the third game since they're all pretty standalone. The first two Grandia games are also worth checking out, and the second game is on Steam right now, has voiceacting, and is in 3D.

Skies of Arcadia.

Yeah I've played Chrono Trigger, it's excellent.

I will write down the Breath of Fire & Grandia. Hadn't heard of either. Good suggestions, thanks. Kinda surprised how many great JRPGs there are that I've never even heard of.

The only thing I don't get is why everyone recommends Tales of Vesperia when there are more recent ones in that series. Why is that exact one so amazing? I might just play it

noted, thanks

Attached: 55WumuofxehecUPsnapJixPd0pGt4uF4hM5GofsVhcA.png (2582x1476, 3.07M)

tales of eternia OP. the game has too planets to explores, secrets places and later on you can explore the ocean of both planets. it is the best pirate JRPG without even being a pirate jrpg

Take note, redditors: what we have here is a rare example of based normalfag-posting. OP is not pretending to be from here or trying to fit in, and has humbly come with an offering of his people's preferred jpgs to ask for recommendations. Note also that even though he's clearly a normalfag, hardly anyone has told him to fuck off. Model Chad right here.

OP, I think you're on the right track with a Tales game for getting that FF7/X "feeling" you're talking about. Also definitely keep an eye on the FF7 Remake, you'll probably like it based on how it's shaping up.

The SaGa games might be what you want to look into as stats grow depending on what actions you take in combat, so people using certain weapon types will get more strength or more hp while casters will get more mp and intelligence. The Shin Megami Tensei games also let you pick which stats you want to invest in when you level up.
BoF and Grandia don't have modern graphics, but Breath of Fire games still hold up, in my opinion, especially 3 and 4. Tales of Vesperia is just solid all around and has some of the best gameplay in the series.

hahah appreciate it
yeah i dont know shit about JRPGs & its a bit overwhelming

Kinda sold on Tales of Vesperia. Will probably download it in a moment. And I've made a long-ass list now, with some ideas.

Only thing I can't quite figure out is why everyone recommends that one in the series exactly. But whatever, I think im convinced either way

fuckit im playing tales of vesperia. cheers

Attached: 1518649365646.jpg (2477x3675, 3.79M)

>FF12
you know, i think i intended to mention but failed to; the reason I'm most turned off of JRPGs is generally the battle system. I think Id actually prefer turn-based for a JRPG. FF12, from the few moments i watched just now, is a kind of weird in-between turn-based and real-time(though if you want to give me an opinion on why its actually good for this, im open to it). other JRPGs seem to be mostly hack n slash if theyre not turn-based, the former of which im also opposed to.

alright im gonna start with vesperia, if i dig it ill probably play more of those games. being a pirate is legit. i remember playing some space pirate JRPG on PS2 that felt kinda kingdom hearts-y.... dont remember the same. same studio that made ni no kuni

Lindsey Lohan...the ultimate anti-drug convincer...

Also, you ever play Phantasy Star?

Ah ah ah ah I'M COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMING

if you don't mind old games skies of arcadia is great. it is turn based but also has neat turn based airship combat as well.

Rogue Galaxy?

Are these PURPOSEFULLY all supposed to have a 2000's vibe? Or is that just coincidentally just what you happen to have?

Came here to post this
If you value the sense of adventure the most OP you cannot go wrong with SoA

yeah thats the one!
I remember getting a PS3 and kinda forgetting about my PS2 so i just never finished it. but i actually remember being really engaged by it.. shame i didnt finish. had space pirates, action/RPG combat, cool graphical style & the adventure-thing going

no i swear its kinda just a coincidence. cant be bothered to open a different folder

noted

havent played phantasy star. are those the ones where its revealed the game is within another game or some shit?
written down regardless, assuming you mean to recommend them

Attached: 1479859215075.jpg (333x500, 40K)

yea im looking at it now. looks excellent actually

No, Phantasy Star is basically Final Fantasy, but sci-fi. Robots, aliens, laser guns and lightsabres... 4 is considered the best of them.

OP here

Think I'm just about done with this bitch.
Got some excellent suggestions. I'm saving this list to my computer:

Nier: Automata
Nier
Yakuza 0
Lost Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles
Tales-games in general
Gradia 1 & 2
Shadow Hearts 1 & 2
Ys VIII
Skies of Arcadia
Vagrant Story
Star Ocean
The Breath of Fire series

Gonna play Tales of Vesperia, because that seems to be the big dick around here & I have a bunch to look at afterwards. Thanks for all the suggestions, really appreciate it

Attached: tyjh.jpg (1007x1172, 324K)

oh and Phantasy Star is also on the list cheers

goddamnit no dont do that

who? yandex has only told me that its likely she's norwegian. though based on teh results you got it from a repost without any idea of the sauce

We are all fapping here.
All the time.
Had to get good at typing with one hand.

she is definitively a norwegian because she is wearing our traditional "russ" outfit that 17-18 year olds graduating wear

no clue who she is, though. some thot

Attached: 1496954846565.jpg (1080x1080, 484K)

it might be solsandvik on instagram, im hoping thats the case, but its private

Definitely give Nier: Automata a try.

Why not try the Persona series?

Persona 3-5
Dark Cloud 1-2
Mother 2-3
Final Fantasy 4, 5, 6, 7, 9
Dragon's Dogma
Paper Mario and Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door
The World Ends With You
Secret of Mana (Old one, not the remake)

yeah, it's called morbid obesity

Is Persona even part of SMT I honestly don't even know what it is anymore?

RIP Lindsay

Attached: lohanahan.jpg (620x521, 63K)

>I didn't really enjoy Dragon Quest 8 because the game was mostly just focused on gameplay.
I hate you, but at least you know what you like and arent a fag about it-
>Nier automata
The game is great but the story is retarded and it has the worst type of backtracking in it. It is also heavily focused on gameplay. Play it if you like playing games for the characters, not the story.
You should try some VN's.

>In some of her movies the directors edited her boobs because they didn't want to distract the kids from the movie
goddammit Lindsey you were so cute

Attached: k3.png (509x368, 145K)

Brutal mog

the wall spares none

Attached: Lindsay_Lohan_2019_2.png (734x851, 507K)

how does something like this happen

drug abuse. Multiple stints in rehab means she fucked herself hard.

Some people try to shit on FF12’s combat system but it’s good and their complaints are usually easy to refute.

The easiest way to explain it is that it’s similar to an MMO, where you can freely move the character but still access their commands through a menu - they’ll just move into range and attack once you choose. For what it’s worth, you can change the settings so that time pauses whenever you open the menu and the combat becomes similar to any of the previous ATB bar-based FFs.

One of the best systems in the game isn’t the Gambit system, which has you use basic programming on your characters to set up how they fight in different situations. This prevents a lot of issues in games where the AI party members do stupid shit like blow through their mana. A fun part of the game (for me) is approaching a new combat scenario, seeing how things unfold, and then tweaking the gambits to account for it.

Aside from that, the game has fucking amazing art direction, music, and overall aesthetic. Ivalice is one of my favorite game worlds.

Attached: 8FBA4F87-20B7-4C14-9219-4CAAED52A8BC.jpg (440x260, 39K)

*is, not isn’t, dammit

>Some people try to shit on FF12’s combat system but it’s good and their complaints are usually easy to refute.
I didn't like it, so it's bad. What now??

>their complaints are usually easy to refute
That’s a complaint, alright. I guess I meant “arguments” not complaints.

FF12 problem is pacing.
Story take too long to get steam and the uninteresting duo you start with doesnt help at all.

Grandia 2
Shin Megami Tensei 3

True. Don’t forget that the end kind of comes rushing in, too. I don’t mind a slow burn though, and just enjoyed being in the world, especially at the beginning. Beginning through to Arcadia is my favorite part of the game.

If you get over your need to play new stuff, Final Fantasy 9, Vagrant Story Suikoden 2 and Breath of Fire 4 are excellent RPGs.

The main character and writing surrounding him are completely different. It's not just a regional title.

Give Last Remnant a shot.

This fucking thread

Attached: simplypain.png (468x431, 185K)

THAT'S THE WALL BROTHER

Attached: HEY WALL.jpg (480x360, 13K)

Is this achievable natty?

Attached: lindsay-lohan-in-a-red-swimsuit-on-mykonos-island-greece-030917_3.jpg (1201x1800, 172K)

>wants to play another game that feels like FF7 or 10
>wants to stick to nu JRPGs
Dragon Quest V for PS2 is in 3D but Japanese only. Thankfully, there is a translation patch. You can also play it on the DS, which has an official translation, but it lacks the PS2 version's orchestral score.

I'd like to think she could still bring herself back. just start lifting and doing squats. eat a healthy diet with good fats. she could totally be saved if she just tried...

user are you ok?

Fucking hell young Lindsay was so goddamn hot.
Christ.

Imagine getting to say you fucked her in her prime.

Attached: 0354786544.jpg (525x525, 101K)

Replicant's eng patch is just Gestalt's script with any instance of "dad" crtl+f'd and replaced with "brother". Unless OP speaks and reads moon, he'll be getting Gestalt but with a brother instead of a dad.
Eng has the better Weiss VA too and doesn't require you to have a hacked PS3.

Attached: 1531109627105 2.jpg (695x900, 83K)

Shame the drugs took her. Left her open to brainwashing...such a shame.

There's a list compiled by Lohan herself: complex.com/pop-culture/2016/07/lindsay-lohan-sex-list-forever/orlando-bloom

Fez from that 70s show got to creampie prime Lindsay Lohan. How will Yea Forums EVER recover?

Attached: 70show_fez.jpg (357x456, 37K)

g-guys

Attached: lindsay 'grandma' lohan.jpg (558x800, 62K)

Nothing surprising there.
He's a very handsome guy when not in his Fez form.

It's sad to see what's happened to her. But it's a clear and open message to all she was never a decent person to begin with. Nobody decent is willing to delve into drugs she uses.

He also claims to be hung almost as well as another teenage dramedy nerd.

How the fuck do you have NEGATIVE ass?

100% photoshop

Hard drugs, your body dies from them. All the important nutrient rich stuff begins to shrivel and die leaving only skin and fat.

>Body hollowing out from drug use
She's teetering on the edge of death. Each time she uses she's gonna feel that "little extra this time...no...yes...maybe..double, yeah double this time..." and it she will be gone.

>Grandia

My nigga. Can't wait for the PC port of the first game to release.

>her foot
jesus wtf

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 24K)

She has a body of an old lady.

>Unless OP speaks and reads moon
>2019
>Being a moonlete
(笑)

>Eng has the better Weiss VA too
The shitposting stops here.

English Weiss is most definitely better, I've played both. JP has better Devola/Popola and Emil. Nier himself is a tossup, I prefer dad to brother.
Eng Kaine is also better, even if it comes across as more abrasive or "cringeworthy", she sounds like a fucking grandma in JP.

>she sounds like a fucking grandma in JP.
I was going to ask if you were deaf after pretending White's better in English, then I realized that you're just an idiot that knows no Japanese and has no grasp of what you're listening to.

Sorry you can't handle the truth, user.

I'm not a moonlet and Weiss does sound better in english.

Liam O'Brien is the GOAT

Attached: 1414602687612.jpg (490x490, 68K)

I'm sorry you're retarded and deaf.

黙ってろ、オンソクマル

Nierの日本のダビングよりも英語のほうは素晴らしいってことは真実だ

ごめんね、アホ

Attached: 1568688443438.jpg (689x800, 76K)

This and Tales of Vesperia.

Attached: 1568745909201.png (220x309, 108K)

> I want to play another game that gives me the same feeling that those did

Literally Lost Odyssey my man

It's 100% late '90s Final Fantasy in HD

Attached: lost_odyssey_conceptart_3AbsO.jpg (800x590, 155K)

literally the only JRPG series worth playing

Attached: 1548858720549.jpg (2000x1250, 2.75M)

holy fuck who is this angel?

SHOW this to high school students and why they should never do drugs

drug use would decrease

youtube.com/watch?v=5IpYOF4Hi6Q

Attached: the wall.jpg (488x488, 62K)

Holy shit, you have no business pretending not to be a moonlete.

Vesperia is the last JRPG I played that felt like it fit the genre. Everything else besides indie stuff feels like they're trying to hard with Hollywood theatrics or make really obnoxious combat systems. There's a reason why SNES through PS2 era jrpgs were as solid as they were.

Attached: image.png (4320x2468, 267K)

Attached: image.jpg (429x322, 34K)

Not OP either, but I'd like to ease myself into turn-based JRPGs too. Is there something a bit faster-paced, big focus on gameplay that's also easy to get into? Tactical RPGs look fun, but what about games on the more traditional side?

Grandia, though the SMT series is also fast-paced ig you don't mind a bit of challenge or bullshit rng.

Prime Lohan was a 10. I wish I could go back to those days.

>zugin
who is this please

Is that a f-female in the OP image?!
Oh boy I better post in this thread!

Attached: 174DE58A-0B37-4775-9B4C-CE37D70D9FF0.jpg (800x450, 31K)

dunno

Attached: ZuGagbx.jpg (658x881, 196K)