Be me

>be me
>military trained IRL
>start playing FPS like CSGO and AA online
>get continuously scolded for "doing things wrong"

Based on his voice I got scolded by some high level kid, who was maybe 12, because I didn't waste ammo shooting at walls for nothing.
Nobody seems to know basic infantry tactics so everyone just makes a run for it and gets instantly shot obviously.
Why don't these communities study basic infantry tactics to become more effective, especially since they're using VOIP for real time COMMs?
I understand these games have time limits but running around like headless chicken just doesn't work just like it doesn't work IRL either.
There are people who have played a map for 1000+ hours and they still get blown up or shot 10 seconds into the match. Top cringe.
There are some really angry guys in the community who don't hesitate to scold you if you don't do things wrong like they do.
It's kind of senseless as it is but I really feel sorry for the still developing young brains who will get PTSD and horrible self esteem just for playing with these idiots. Idiots who have no clue on tactics and strategies and everyone just follows them because of their playing hours "experience" and take their word as the gospel truth.
I've played DCS World before where almost all community takes pride studying IRL maneuvers and tactics.
So there's really no excuse for the FPS community even though it's just "a game". They are realistic enough that you can apply IRL tactics and have your clan study and practice the standard stuff so that there is some core basis which would also be good for rookies on your team.
You know sometimes you just need to replace a guy and if your clan isn't based on real world tactics then your competitors who do go by them will have an edge and your clan will suck. I know I'm not the first one frustrated with this shit.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sfyDlhltJTY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Those games are pretty different to IRL, different tactics.
Do you watch pro cs?

As a Formula 1 driver I say FUCK MARIO KART AND FUCK 7 YEAR OLDS

>Be me
>Doctor IRL
>These medkits in game are totally unrealistic wtf

>he fell for the military meme

>Be me
>Fund manager
>These corporations are evil exactly like real life wow

I'm genuinely interested, what are some tactics you know that I could apply to Team Fortress 2?

Maybe you should listen to what they tell you and you can actually perform better IRL

Most real tactics don't work in games though. Like covering fire doesn't work because you don't fear being shot so you can easily no-scope entire teams of enemies

>playing CSGO while my brother in the military watches me
>smoke banana to prevent the terrorists from pushing
>"dude why would you do that, you're just letting them maneuver and set up behind the smokescreen"

Attached: 1563158540036.png (496x662, 521K)

The important thing to realize about CSGO compared to actual combat is that CSGO players are essentially operating as a precognitive hivemind. They've seen this exact encounter hundreds (or even thousands) of times in slightly different variations, and information can still be relayed by a dead player. The other important thing is that there's a definite round end, ie if you wait out the timer and prevent them from planting, it's all over. In real life, where this encounter wouldn't be so concretely defined and where neither side knows how it's going to play out, the rules of engagement are going to be different.

Dumb welfare queen.

Sounds like you wanna play ARMA rather than CSGO

Yeah I have watched some pro cs and while they have much better tactics due to solid teams and COMMs but I'm talking about online FPS community in general.
They are the opposite of, for example DCS World community, who actually do study IRL tactics and take pride in it.
While mentioned games are obviously differ from IRL they are still realistic enough that you can totally apply some IRL tactics, and should.
Example given, there is a map where you are defending an area that only has two possible entrances of which both are doorways. Put half of your team aiming at one door and half the other, there is literally no way the attacking team can push through with success. It's simple and it works.
In this example doorway is the natural bottle neck that is easy to defend and a nightmare to get through. IRL example Gibraltar.
Then those shitty maps will be voted down and forgotten as they should be.
On more open maps if you need to defend an area you set up a solid perimeter and concentrate as much firepower as you possibly can, instead of going after the advancing team all over the map. It's just painful to watch. Defending team doesn't need to go anywhere they should dig in and fortify.
Why do they go chasing the advancing team? Someone explain this to me as it makes no sense.
They get taken out one by one and then you're the last guy defending the area alone because you're the only one doing it correctly, and get scolded for doing so?
I don't want to call them out in front of their clan so I'm hoping the message gets through some other way.
Study IRL infantry tactics.

>because I didn't waste ammo shooting at walls for nothing.

The irony is that wasting bullets shooting at nothing is the very basis of modern Western infantry tactics.
Basically, modern Western infantry just shoots blindly at the general direction of the enemy to keep them engaged long enough for the air force to come and kill them

Those aren't "millsims".
ARMA is what you want. It's a game based on the program VBS that was made to teach and train troop tactics.

>Why do they go chasing the advancing team? Someone explain this to me as it makes no sense.

Depends a lot on the game but usually there is something about the meta or the objective that compels players to do this. The reason DCS and ARMA are different is because they are simulations, so real life strategies and tactics are similarly effective due to being used in an environment that simulates real life. In regular games, there is enough of a difference that applying real life tactics becomes irrelevant and in some cases even detrimental to your team's success.

In a lot of games, holding defensive positions is not as potent as it is in real life. Aggressors often have the advantage, or at least less of a disadvantage, when it comes to FPS games. Commons reasons why defending teams "go chasing the advancing team" is because they are trying to secure advantageous positions for themselves, deny their enemies advantageous positions, collect information on the enemy team's movements, or because they think that they can catch an enemy out of position by surprise, etc. You also have to remember that these are environments that every player knows inside and out. Defensive positions are much less effective when the aggressors know exactly where you're going to be standing and looking ahead of time.

Can confirm I use my sniper training and people call me a dumb camper and noob

This.

Play Escape from Tarkov or Squad. You will have a much better time.

Attached: isGood.jpg (761x563, 57K)

Shits boring

Start with basic infantry tactics.
There are plenty of manuals to study from.
>defensive fighting position
>all round defense
>jungle warfare
>trench warfare
On maps where there is no air threat or even artillery threat, trench warfare tactics work just fine.

On maps that are similar to a jungle with low visibility due to plants and trees but is wide open 360 degrees, it's normal that the point man (teams advance in a formation with 10 meter spacing for example) carries the SAW because you want the most firepower in front where the enemy contact is most likely.

On maps where you have to maneuver in urban environment you can use modern CQB tactics.
That is to move slowly as a team, in a close formation, use smoke if available to have some cover against snipers to get across open areas such as streets. When you go into rooms stack up as many guys as possible next to the door, throw in a frag or flash and then enter following the walls so that the guys behind you have clear line of fire and know where you are.
CQB is the most demanding due to it being 3D so you can get surprise shots from windows as well as roof tops.

In a nutshell you want to outnumber the enemy in any given area, not run after them one after another.
Things such as team spacing are important for many reasons, mainly so that all of your team won't die because of one grenade. But not even such basic things like team spacing can be seen on most FPS servers.

>recon by fire
In some games you can use this tactic.
This example happened in a game that has no CAP or even artillery. Best you can get is RPG, sniper and frags.
Also there was no enemy near and I didn't want to give away my position since I was there alone as usual.
Recon by fire isn't a very good idea if you're badly outnumbered and don't want to give away your position.
I got scolded for that and I couldn't believe it.

One day for sure, but there is no excuse why the community couldn't use at least some basic infantry tactics in CS

That doesn't really apply to games like Team Fortress 2 though. Maybe in broad terms advancing as a properly spaced unit can help but this is a game with magic healing beams and guys who can turn invisible and twitch shooting snipers and rocket launchers being commonplace. Not to mention movement being completely different and much faster paced in these games.

>kills some random 12 year old kids in some shit place for no reason
>proud about it
>gets killed online by 12 year old kids in a game
>opens a whine thread on Yea Forums

kek

disagree. 99% of people just run forward until they get into a fight

The main distinguishing difference between real life and fps games is that in real life aming firing a gun accurately takes considerable skill and mental fortitude to be able to kill someone or be killed.
While in fps games it all boils down to just learning how to mouse aim. You will never be as fast at shooting things in real life as you can be in a game. In these twitch shooters in the end the only thing that does acualy matter is reaction time and aiming. teamwork may help a bit but in the end whoever can move there mouse cursor to the enemies head first and click wins.

Althou back in the day during the arena shooters proper movement skills also mattered not just twitch aiming.

Attached: 1565394841784.jpg (600x500, 113K)

>PoGs bragging about being in the military
You deserve a silver bullet

Attached: list.gif (498x280, 2.47M)

you lecture the little fifteen year old about opsec too? Stop being a faggot, stop playing games at parade rest, and get some thicker skin.

he was describing suppressive fire, which is intended to fix or isolate an enemy to allow friendly maneuver. that's something entirely different from recon by fire.

But then you're just limiting yourself to Heavy's speed when you could be getting kills 30 seconds ago. TF2 is designed around getting close and getting meatshots on your opponent. You can't just play it like a long range cover shooter.

Attached: 1500182334809.jpg (572x303, 144K)

Depends what you mean by covering fire.
If you're talking about suppressive fire it's purpose is area denial, in essence prevent the enemy from maneuvering. It can be used to pin down the enemy, block exits, streets and so on.
Suppressive fire also draws sniper attention as gunners are higher priority targets.
In many games you can only have 1-2 snipers per team and drawing their attention with suppressive fire allows the rest of your team to maneuver.
This does work in games, I do it all the time and it works.

Agree with this user with one major caveat he is forgetting:

Due to how the internet works there is something called Peaker's advantage, where the first person around a corner will have a certain amount of time (usually a few frames) longer to react to an enemy on their screen. Than a defender

completely game dependant, spraying like in the general direction of the enemy will only give up your position and get you killed in csgo, besides being a huge waste of ammo of course.

Unfortunately in most games that do have snipers almost all weapons other than other snipers rifles deal shit to no damage to a sniper at such long range.
Only alternative tactic are fast mobile characters that can easily avoid sniper fire and get close for maximum damage.
Suppressive fire works in real life because even a stray bullet at maximum range will cause damage sometimes even kill and incite fear if it hits near the target.
In games getting hit for 10 damage out of 100 literally means noting if you can one-shot your opponent.

yeah I can't imagine why sitting in one place for six hours waiting for a shot would be counterproductive in a five minute match

>Suppressive fire in real life
UGA BUGA BETTER DUCK OR YOU MAY RANDOMLY DIE

>Suppressive fire in games
Oh good these fagots are standing still and shooting at me lets me just get in a good head-shot even if i get hit its like minimal damage.

>if you're badly outnumbered and don't want to give away your position
I think I found the problem. Armchair OP seems to be utilizing tactics designed to keep infantry alive.
He should probably consider how tactics would differ if loss of human life was not a consideration.

You sound like a low IQ autist

>hurr durr me in the army now
>wtf shooters unrealistic
What kind of retard would compare most shooters with real life? Most of your shit doesn't fly there and everyone would hand you your ass by jumping around like an adhd kid on ritalin no scoping your ass.

Attached: 1568552779755.png (400x323, 137K)

I'm an astronaut and I personally am dumbfounded by how people play Super Mario Galaxy. Don't they realize you have to spend 6 hours putting on a space suit before entering the vacuum of space?

I'm 100% sure OP is just some fag that watched videos about military tactics.

I'm not so sure about that. Burgers enlist even the biggest retards.

>falling for the military scam

>because they are trying to secure advantageous positions for themselves
By running after the team and not the positions? What I keep seeing is that the guy who runs after the enemy gets ambushed and shot every time. You'd think that gets tiresome after 1000+ hours especially if you know theres a more effective way.

>Defensive positions are much less effective when the aggressors know exactly where you're going to be standing and looking ahead of time
Aggressors usually have detailed INTEL IRL as well and these defensive tactics are still being used because it's the best you can do when ambushed. You want to concentrate as much firepower you possibly can towards the breakthrough point and you won't have that if your team is spread out all over the map. Often you see your defending team trying to catch the advancing team from behind after first running past them. How does this give your defense an edge?

>be me
*hides thread*

WOOOW what a camper! no skill!

Attached: 5c5f461970a61e59485247f3-750-375.jpg (750x375, 97K)

People who play FPS are massive cock smoking faggots who are unnecessarily mad at everything. Them and MOBA players make it impossible to have a good community.

So tell me, what would happen IRL if in a close quarters situation a person rounding a corner perceived reality half a second faster than the person on the other side? I'm aware lag usually isn't this bad in games but I'm exaggerating for emphasis

Dude you should totally found a super duper realism autism paradise clan for arma 3 or something like the other thousands of depressed army vets who only had their shitty army time going on for them in their lives.You seem to be exactly the right guy for that to live out your fantasies against poor scripted AI in super realistic duper uber missions.

t. loser incel who aspires to be an e-sports pro

It's the way he expresses his thoughts, they come off as completely ignorant and surface level.

>I understand these games have time limits but running around like headless chicken just doesn't work just like it doesn't work IRL either.
>There are people who have played a map for 1000+ hours and they still get blown up or shot 10 seconds into the match. Top cringe.

irl military tactics are based on the idea that you've been properly indoc'd and drilled with your squad for a fairly long time.

even then, while anyone can look up youtube videos on how to center peel, those kinds of things rarely work because of the way the game works. most FPS maps are too small to do bounding overwatch, stacking up just gave the enemy a free quad kill with a nade and shift and lift is too slow to react to some zoomer drugged out on adderall and going 200 apm twitch head shots.

So your team being killed more than the enemy team is not a consideration. What is the point of playing and forming clans then? Losing?
Also ITT bunch of retards who misunderstand on purpose and don't give a shit about the big picture as was the expected reaction from shitlords.
I already mentioned that I don't want to call out players directly because I don't want to shame teenagers in front of their clan, but the issue is important to me because the community sees it as business as usual to shame inexperienced players even if they're doing things correctly.
This is the only reason why I even started this thread, to find a solution to a problem, which is that your 1000+ hour experience on that map is all wrong and you're scolding inexperienced players for no good reason.
The big picture is that this behavior causes teens low self-esteem for no reason and most of them are already bullied in school. It's a really fucked up situation when the whole community does this part wrong.
They allow literal psychopaths to establish themselves as the superstars of the community, and they see no problem with that.
There are a lot of good people in the community who probably think the same way but won't dare to open their mouth in fear of getting targeted themselves.
If I go and announce my military background then many players might start following me instead of these kids who believe they've got some skills. If they think they're finally good at something in their life I don't want to tell them they are doing it wrong and then rub it in their face. But they are doing it wrong.

What’s it like being a dog for Israel? Hope you enjoy the taste of Jamal after he’s fucked all the girls you’ve ever cared about, shame you didn’t die in an ied though

This is just bait. I was in the combat arms for four years. Only the super oldfags in the army don't play video games, everyone else understands the difference between games and real life. Only the most absolutely retarded and self unaware soldier would make this kind of post.

Nigger, assuming your aren't larping you're criticism should be applied to the games, not the players. You are arguing against videogame logic by trying to apply real life scenarios too it.

Games =/= real life

Assuming you aren't just an elaborate troll make this post somewhere else or better yet make a video on YouTube arguing your point. Also play more simulation focused games than twitch shooters, but take a guess at which one has mass market appeal

I didn't know the military gave out medals for being a faggot

Edgy, dude. You sure told him.

Its pretty spooky to think that the average CS player has seen literally every single way a match of Dust2 could play out

Attached: 1365212012449.gif (245x250, 961K)

well he is infantry

Said the former boot who tries to use realistic tactics in a fictional setting with no attempt at realism.

That's right you get scolded for doing what snipers are supposed to do. Even in these games it's often more productive to just spot targets and not reveal your position by firing because the maps aren't big so the enemy can pin you down before you can move to another OP. Then these hot shots call you out for not running around and shooting.
This is why I even started this thread, I know a lot of players are frustrated with how the community behaves but don't dare to speak.

Is there anything more pathetic than army grunts acting arrogant? You're a basic bitch grunt that is expendable, not some elite spec ops operator. Get off your high horse

Yes and no. Someone already mentioned unavoidable lag, but what you're saying is true only in 1 on 1 situations and that is one more reason why to apply IRL infantry tactics. This is a good reason why you want to have 4 on 1, or 8 on 1 rather than 1 on 1. Because when you outnumber your enemy even 3 to 1 the first shot becomes less important factor.

Hey OP I'm an aspiring indie game developer. I was thinking since some time ago to make a realistic-ish shooter, except faster paced and less autistic than ARMA.
I have experience with 3D CGI production and programming, but I know almost nothing about what makes a shooter like the one I described fun, appealing and engaging.
Do you have a throwaway email? I'd like if I could ask you a few questions about gameplay.

I included a webm of a game level I'm working on so you know I'm not bullshitting. I think there's a potential market for a innawoods kind of game,

Attached: forest.webm (1326x722, 2.4M)

I'm more shocked you don't think this nigga is just bullshitting lmao. Also you hope to contend against games like squad and insurgency? You already got some competitors on the market single player and cooperatively. Multiplayer would be nearly impossible to.get people to.coordinate without the autism of arma

if you're running around in a group of four, you're just asking for a grenade overkill

You nag like a menopausal woman. What you said of substance can be condensed into one sentence.

Learn how to inspire and rally people around yourself, or just shut the fuck up about playing pretend squad commander.

Problems with reading comprehension I suppose.
Gunners are high priority targets for snipers in real life too and they usually pose no threat to a properly concealed sniper. Suppressive fire is useful in CS and the likes because you can block doors and alleys from positions that are safe from sniper fire. It's meant to pin down enemy and yes it does draw sniper attention IRL too.

You'd rather stall using smoke, fire and grenades than ammo no? The rifles don't have early enough ammo to use suppression tactics. It's not a realistic game, because reality isn't always fun

Except that it does work just fine the problem was that players who use IRL tactics get scolded for "camping" and not revealing their position. That was the thread, not if CS is 100% realistic. ITT low IQ autists who have problems with communication skills misunderstand everything being said and the rest of the shitlords are misunderstanding on purpose. Would take it to players directly but I don't want to call them out in front of their clan.

Those games are pretty similar, full scale battles. I don’t want to compete against that. These are some of the scenarios I had in my mind
>you (plus maybe a buddy or two) go in the woods, the government is pursuing you. 1-3 vs 5-10. You have to reach some escape vehicle before you’re killed by your pursuers
>black hawk down scenario. Your chopper just fell and you have to survive against a more numerous enemy
And stuff like that. Asymmetrical fights were positioning, strategy matter more than just point and shoot twitch aiming

>be submariner
>play cold waters
>didn't get bitched at by masturbation-addicted nucs for not doing a real job
So fucking unrealistic

>military trained
does that mean you got the rape-training too?
Did you take thick dongs up your bum-bum as part of your training in case of capture?
What's the methods employed to lessen trauma and stress during rape?

i know someone that served on a SSN, most miserable part of his life. also knew a few guys that ended up in leavenworth for sex assault

Based

If your looking for milsim play a milsim series

>Study IRL infantry tactics
Why? Is that going to increase my K/D?

Play ARMA you dumb welfare queen.

I think it's gonna be REALLY hard to hit that niche if you're intending to make money on this, I remember playing scenarios like that in ARMA and having a blast. (explicitly that on the run scenario with someone palying as Zeus and managing the scenario) I'm sure you considered this, but you gotta think, "what does my game offer that ARMA" cant

its the closest thing to being aboard a spaceship you can get in todays world, except the spaceship is filled with a 50/50 mix of the biggest autists/assholes you can scrape together
>that chief who started a fistfight over not refilling the coffee pot
>that XO who chainsmokes in the conn despite the navy banning smoking on submarines since the fucking 70s
Also lack of sunlight means even minor cuts and scrapes take ages to heal up and instead turn into nasty scabs for weeks

Just play Escape From Tarkov. I've got some mild tactics from my years on law enforcement that transfer over pretty well.

If there are real snipers playing CS and such they must be really tired of it all when nobody ever tries counter-sniper tactics on them. It's like they won't even get to use half of their knowledge.
I do get it CS is just for fun and it's not meant to be realistic but is there really a reason why sniper can't be camping and just be spotting and not firing? Someone needs to set up invitation only server and allow only infantry trained players.
If they work, say, couple hundred hours per map they'd easily dominate every clan out there.
Facts.

US military is garbo, you were trained wrong.

They really do have a temper compared to many other communities. Probably because they're doing it wrong.

sounds dumb

Attached: 2fast2furious.webm (900x506, 2.61M)

It's like you say and even more difficult because it's not a genre I'm familiar with. It's just something I thought it would be cool to make.
But asking what can I offer than ARMA can't, it's a lower barrier to entry. Not full blown casualization like CS, but anyone should be able to pick it up without going through some autismal game manual beforehand. Also, matchmaking to quickly jump into matches which I'm not sure if ARMA has.

As a joke!

You almost never encounter 1 on 1 situations in CQB in real life. First shot doesn't mean much when it's 4 on 1.

That and the fact that most FPS maps are too small to do proper sniping anyway.

it's almost like video games
aren't real life

one of the things that stayed with him was how pure the water was from being filtered through reverse osmosis. now everything tastes like shit for him, so i guess the navy literally ruined water for him.

>be security researcher
>wtf that's now hacking works

>i play not arma
>i are suprise when game players play like is game instead of like is real life
>unironically trying to apply military tactics to arcade games like CS and whatever the fuck AA is

the only thing I can think of is America's Army but who the fuck plays that

>Sitting in a corner being more effective than pro awp fags who spend 80 hours per week playing CS and having inhuman reactions
youtube.com/watch?v=sfyDlhltJTY

Okay now I know you're larping. But good concept for the thread OP I appreciate the creativity

JROTC fag

And cause I can't help but take the bait twice:
>Peak corner, snipe due.
>Go back behind corner
>Peak around other corner, tag another guy and repeat

Whoa. Nigga learn game design

unironically this but AA is also pretty arcade-y from what i remember of playing it

it is true, that and the food is banging until the fresh stuff runs out

based Kimi

Thanks for your service you noob

Attached: milcuck.jpg (1080x1069, 177K)

True and not true. Training and good COMMs with guys you've known a long time help in CS also.
Maps are small so you can't get good OPs but some maps do have something at least. However my complaint is that gamers call you out for camping and doing things properly. Tactic works in the game but they don't understand it and call you out. I was shocked how nasty they can be.
Stacking up is a risk in real life too, but due to the extremity of CQB 3D environment you have to be close together because you have to try to spot guys in windows and roof tops before they can throw stuff at you. You can't do that if everyone is on a different side of the building.
It should give an edge if you already know where guys will be on the map and try to throw that grenade from. Not good enough reason to spread all over the map like they do.

>be me
>Gen 2 Spartan IRL.
>Started playing Halo 3
>Get continuously scolded for doing things wrong

Attached: sj.jpg (1280x720, 39K)

DCS World is pretty much a simulator, so the community treats it like it is. If you want legitimate military gameplay play Arma, or Squad or even insurgency, they're closer to realism. Nobody respects strategy because you can run around with a shotgun and a desert eagle and do just as good as some loser running "muh realism." You can do better running at people with a knife in Call of Duty than using actual weaponry.

Hey OP, I'm in the middle of watching Generation Kill. Is it true that command is generally incompetent?

This is a risk IRL like said many times RTFM and quit repeating the grenade meme. When you got 4 guys 1 of them can block it and save 3. End result is exactly the same as it is with 1 guy. Suck it up you're wrong.

Video games aren’t the same as real life. How many times do we have to tell you people?

Attached: 1646945A-6A7B-440A-B08C-61A9E28C50E1.jpg (720x867, 67K)

now I might be wrong but I'm sure bodies don't block grenade damage in most games

fuckin boot

>military trained IRL
Wow, imagine having your life peak at age 22 at the ripe rank of E-4.

OP, please kill yourself.

Attached: military enlisted starter pack.jpg (2551x1414, 585K)

It's not about getting kills, it's about winning rounds and round productivity, which translates to more kills in an innate way seeing how you so desire them. The best way to win is by knowing what to do, not being sheep of what's "cool" to do.

If you don't make E-5 at 22-24 don't reenlist.

>Pitch Perfect
hwat

Fine then, what should I do in Search and Destroy modes if my teammates are trash and everybody uses headsets?

For starters you can try out an old game Joint Operations based on the Delta Force series.
Fast paced but the maps allow a good amount of realism.
It has driveable helos, tanks, APCs, HMMVWs, dirt bikes, boats, LCACs, mines, claymores, satchels, SAMs and AA, and standard infantry weapons.

what the fuck bro, i punched a tree and it didnt fall down. video games are so unrealistic bro, im a lumberjack irl and when i cut tree it falls down. i dont get it

Here's the thing. Good luck doing military formations while my aimbot mows your team down fag. Get fucked!

no goy your training is only for serving Israel

What region/country are you from? I'd be down to play squad/r6 with you as long as you're chill and not autistic

They do and also bullets. So when that pro shoots your point man the 3 guys behind him are still ok and can proceed to counter-sniper tactics such as take cover and throw smoke and hunt him down now that they know where he is.
You keep saying this is what happens in CS as if I don't know?
It is you who don't know this can happen IRL also and that there are tactics for such events and there is no reason why they wouldn't work in CS.
You're just in denial because you refuse to believe that everyone is playing CS wrong.

Nigger you're larp is breaking down. Now you're speaking like a robot.

>bodies don't block grenade damage in most games
>They do and also bullets
We know bodies block bullets, because we're not fucking retarded, but I've never seen a shred of evidence that grenade damage can be blocked by a body in front of you in CS:GO. In fact, I've seen a lot of evidence to the contrary.
>It is you who don't know this can happen IRL
We know this can happen IRL, you fucking boot.
>Everyone is playing CS wrong.
You sound like a dumb fucking boot who just joined the fleet. Stop acting like being enlisted makes you special. Stop acting like your military training somehow applies to shooters.

Your lance corporals or specialists or whoever should have hazed you more. God, I hate boots.

you sound astoundingly retarded trying to apply IRL military protocol to shitty FPS games.

>aimbot
Found the hacker. We have saved your IP for further analysis. Enjoy your future permaban faggot.

Attached: sides.jpg (200x200, 10K)

No please no!!! I was just playing I don't use hax my mother doesn't allow.

I am guessing:
1. Don't go alone
2. Fan out in teams
3. Communicate standard movement patterns
4. Differnciate spot calling and revealing your position.

That said, a lot of FPS is games where you can instantly fan 360 degrees via a flick, and perceive all that movement. On top of that there is no real vertical movement, so randomly there isn't people suppressing/sneaking from roofs out of nowhere.
RL its also about a timescale of hours to days, vs minutes and seconds for a lot of vidya.

Attached: FPS_showcase_framespersecond.gif (1280x720, 149K)

Idk I think it's a reference to those movies that they play on the t.v.'s during deployment. There was a guy I used to work under who was an e-6 and he legit would have them play the live action transformers from 2007 literally the same time every day. Maybe that's the reference.

Youre probably a gay cadet who reads the ranger handbook

Not that guy, but should I also take note of ordnance placement to take the other team offguard? What about nading the points when on the terrorists side? I'm a lone wolf btw, as in, not in a guild.

>Saraya al Quds
>I could have help the Palestinians defend themselves and establish Jerusalem again with the leadership of Mahdi
>might get myself a qt insurgent waifu to who know what is important and what to defend - her chastity and the family institution - like a modern day Sparta or shit like that

instead I'm here drowning in Judea-Bolshevik distractions ever so lost in worldly pleasure

yeah... im thinking this guy is based

And you sound astoundingly retarded trying to save your anonymous faggot face after taking the bait.
Do you have any idea how good it feels when shitlords take your bait and slowly begin to realize it after post #100 but can't help but keep taking it because they're still not sure whether it's bait?
What if real tactics work in CS after all? How would you know if you don't try?

Attached: itsabait.jpg (517x473, 88K)

Is he really or is he just some retard cadet/pog trying to sound like hes hot shit? Every mos and cadet learns "basic infantry tactics" bc its the bread and butter of the army. Either way op is retarded "infsntry tactics" dont work in fucking video games (except for maybe a few)

I can 360 no scope your faggy tactics quicker than you could call in an airstrike and cry in your foxhole. IRL tactics do not apply to games like COD. Stop writing your welfare queen essays, no one gives a shit. Go play ARMA or Squad if you want to e-larp as a soldier.

okay for me it's not the real life infantry tactics that you should fuss over because people still want to have autonomy in their play

so instead focus on real life coordination or general squad communication and movement like covering each other's six and calling out enemies

I played the new COD MW beta on Realism mode and it's really nice even on console - just give suggestions instead of orders instead at first and say it in playful and relaxing manner once they know the tactics work they will warm up to it and listen more

for me in conclusion just don't be a try hard urrah faggot that's all even I zone out in ArmA 3 when some fag asked me to get into a server just to talk about technicals then have to address him as Sir this Sir that it's bullshit really

I'm guessing you're some brand new boot ass Marine or a corpsman who just graduated from field med and now thinks they're infantry

either way haze yourself

I don't see a reason why coordination, team communication and movement wouldn't work in CS. Depending on mode you can split your team in two and do bounding overwatch for example. First half does move 1 and once they dig in they can cover move 2 who will then do the same for move 3 and so on. Basic stuff that is lacking in games like peeling. At least there would be less guys running in your line of fire, this keeps happening a lot.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1188x781, 213K)

yeah for me if you are still dabbling in on it try to improve your game design skills with using the tools that are available in games like the mission maker in ArmA

it's easy enough to use and test out your ideas and if it has limitations only then you try to expand it using your technical skills

1. It's easier to sneak behind the enemies when I'm alone.
2. Can't do that if I'm alone, but I do try to cover areas of the map other teammates aren't in.
3. Noone's on mics in CoD these days, they wouldn't even register that info. You mean like, "moving to objective 'X' or 'Y', stuff like that? I'll try.

>try to improve your game design skills first using the tools that are available in games like the mission maker in ArmA

sorry to reiterate but most that try to make their own games burnt out due to being so ambitious at first step like creating assets, engines, tools, coding etc

they want to see how their ideas pan out mainly from the gameplay perspectives on how fun will it so most of the time that depends on refining their concepts of gameplay so why not just jump first on create-a-tools like that so that the process will be fun and exciting from the get go as you can see the core of your ideas start forming

this is either a bad b8 thread or a good retard thread.
big surprise, people that wash out of society into the military are usually sub 80 iq.

Kys disabled coward

I'll just repeat what i told other retired military personal that first experienced a Online FPS game.

The reason why most people don't use tactics by infantry personal for these types of games is because of why video games exist in the first place. Video Games are still at the end of the day just products for entertainment and not supposed to be taken as a life and death scenario. The genre is essentially just the grown up version equivalent to children playing make believe in the backyard. Of course if you've had real training for real combat then you'd perform better than your average joe who's essentially just playing pretend. But performing better or worse doesn't really matter unless you're either in a "pro" scene or what not. Which for the average joe isn't really an important factor since the only thing they care about is their own personal enjoyment while playing the product, aka how much "fun" they are having while playing with their 'toy' per say. So while yes, you are right and learning about basic 'tactics' will improve their own performance in the game but for most people that isn't the reason why they'd play that product. Most gamers, even in this day and age, still only play video games to have abit more enjoyment in their life and not have a second job or career which they'd need to train and learn.

That's why most people just "run around like chickens" per say, they're just focusing on having fun and playing make believe.

Idk man I served for 4 years, didn't get deployed, didn't get injured, got a job making $80k/yr on the outside from my experience in the military, and got a $30k lump sum tax free from the gov through an Army apprenticeship program. I don't feel scammed.

I said it before try play something like Rising Storm/Red Orchestra first I think the main problem is your frustration with the community

if you don't like Rising Storm 2 then go further in the hardness scale Squad/Post-Scriptum then further then further into your autistic armchair general

and if you want Napoleon go Holdfast then try infantry tactics of yesteryears with line battles

autism

>It's easier to sneak behind the enemies when I'm alone
Because your opposing team doesn't know what they're doing.
It's easy to sneak behind an enemy who is not dug in fortified positions.
On CS maps which are tiny, you can get behind them unnoticed if you're fast and lucky.
But then what? If you do anything you will be spotted. Enjoy your 8 vs 1.
Many times when guys are running all over the map they run right into your line of fire and end up getting killed in the crossfire.
Some guys are, as you have seen, running right into positions where someone shot them or threw a frag from. Why?
It didn't work out for Leroy Jenkins what makes you think it'll work for you?
Some guys know there will be at least a couple so they will fire some shots, throw a frag and then move to another position and just wait there until Jenkins shows up. Happens all the time. [Jenkins doesn't survive]
But ok, even if your team doesn't know what to do, if you study infantry tactics then at least you know and can support your team advancing by doing bounding overwatch etc by yourself.
You will continue doing it once you see how it really does improve your team's survivability.
If you do have comms then you can spot targets for your team and warn them, that also helps a great deal.