That one game that stains a perfect franchise

>that one game that stains a perfect franchise

Attached: Zelda_II_The_Adventure_of_Link_NES__75509.1529121433.jpg (1255x1775, 241K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/m31yT
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this is my favorite zelda sword design and favorite cover

It unironically has the best combat in the franchise
I fucking wish everything in Zelda didn't move at a snail's pace

Pic unrelated

That's not Skyward Sword you utter fucking philistine

Attached: Low Quality Bait.jpg (600x600, 27K)

Zelda is a good puzzle game Yea Forums

You know what else is a puzzle???

Why the CIA is hosting homemade bomb construction guides on its' website in Arabic.

archive.is/m31yT

Attached: EECH.jpg (1600x900, 199K)

Shame that every zelda post oot and ww have to look like it's a low budget 3D kid's show now
The legend of zelda needs more realism, not baby-ish jap crap

why cant we have sword designs/art styles like that anymore? i want something extravagant but I dont want FF tier design.

you're literally the reason we have TP and SS

I think that the combat in Zelda II is phenomenal, and is the obvious contender for greatest sidescrolling combat of its era. Firstly, Zelda II has virtually flawless movement - Link runs at the perfect speed, quick enough to travel and avoid anything in the game, but not too fast that it feels anxious or too quick. Jumping around is fantastic too; Link has momentum and flexibility, it's so much fun to just run around and do things, because the character is just so responsive and fittingly designed. As for the combat itself, attacking feels so good also. Link can jump and thrust all over the place, and can elegantly hop and avoid a whole barrage of attacks. On, top of that there's also the magic system, which can allow the player to jump higher, fly, just to name a few things. Compare the jumping and attacks from Zelda II with something like Castlevania, Double Dragon, or just about any 2D sidecroller with emphasis on combat. Almost all of the seem very, slow, clunky and limited in contrast to Zelda, even the ones released much later.

EVERY post-N64, pre-BOTW Zelda game is FAR worse than that.

Sorry, but that's Phantom Hourglass. Literally nothing redeeming about that game. Boring items, boring story, boring dungeons, incredibly boring and shitty central dungeon mechanic

Literally the ONLY thing wrong with the game is lack of a proper overworld. They never should have gone with a Dragon Quest style "overworld".

>SS
TP had its own problems too, not the least of which being the directionless art style.
Having a more realistic Zelda doesn't mean it has to look 1:1 either.

Attached: zelda 2.jpg (807x485, 119K)

Phantom Hourglass, Skyward Sword, and Zelda 1 are all worse than Zelda 2.

>he didn't like the huge overworld
Plebeian taste my man.

Attached: 1568003728915.png (249x202, 65K)

>TP had its own problems too, not the least of which being the directionless art style.
Here's your reply dude

We've been over this, pal. Zelda 2 is good. The science is settled, now be quiet.

A reply means nothing without substance.
The in game art style is bland at best.

>Perfect franchise

>Link Between Worlds
>Spirit Tracks
>Phantom Hourglass
>Link's Crossbow Training
>Hyrule Warriors
>Zelda's Adventure
>The Wand of Gamelon
>The Faces of Evil

???

Attached: 1539883696592.jpg (793x469, 103K)

Better than the basedshit known as WW and the ugly mess that SS was.

I can and have replayed WW and enjoyed it, i got through the majority of TP and stopped because it just wasn't enjoyable, and SS dropped in an hour.

>hating on Faces of Evil and Wand of Gamelon

ENOUGH! AFTER YOU SCRUB ALL THE FLOORS IN HYRULE, THEN WE CAN TALK ABOUT VIDEO GAMES. TAKE HIM AWAY!

Please user, have mercy.

They'd be out of the job without terrorists.

im not 100% sure if i like zelda or if I just have such strong nostalgic feelings and feel obligated to keep playing zelda because im a 'gamer'
i think im an npc.
i didnt even finish ss or botw

I'm speaking about the game by itself although I agree.

>HAHAHA I AM GONNA MAKE THE THREAD AGAIN!

>gamer
You are an npc if you refer to yourself this way unironically, even ironically wouldn't be much better.

I too was unsure if i truly enjoyed the series, until i replayed Majora's Mask and realized that, no, it is the children who are wrong.

Tp and ss are for babies, along with every other zelda
They're all baby games

Mercy?
Hmm...
After you've scrubbed all the floors in Hyrule, then after you've scrubbed all the floors in Gamelon, then you get go for pizza, then you can save me 4 pieces of pizza, then you can go on a diet, then you can protect Zelda's boobies. then you can help me pee in the morning, then you can rub oil on my penis, then you can...then you can...help eat an octorok cock, then you can go fuck yourself, then you can do the duckwalk, then you can beat off and cum on Ganon's beautiful face, then after you've pleased all the plumbers in the Mushroom Kingdom, then we can talk about mercy.

>Zelda 2
>when Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks exist
literally retarded

>implying you're not a gamer

If it ever happened that I was gifted the ressources to make any sequel to a Zelda game I wanted, I'd make a sequel to Zelda 2.

I'm convinced that anyone that hates Zelda 2 only trashes it because it was "too hard"

The only complaint I have with Zelda 2 is the abysmal reach of Link's sword.

I'm not, I'm a video game player. Using 'game' as a title is one of the most cringe worthy things you could do.

>Better than the basedshit known as WW and the ugly mess that SS was.
This. The toon/cel shaded Zeldas are fucking awful games.

you're a gamer accept it. you are literally pic related, special ed helmet and all.
Video game player is 10x more cringe than gamer. Everyone you associate with thinks of you as a gamer.

Attached: gamer.png (311x331, 54K)

This is peak Link aesthetic

Attached: Zelda-II-Link-Means-Business-the-legend-of-zelda-5250997-424-566.jpg (424x566, 152K)

>equating throwaway spin-offs to the mainline series

Attached: 1567868353946.jpg (435x571, 48K)

>overworld map with sidescroller
how come people don't talking about it more? I admittedly don't play JRPGs but it blows my mind that the game came out in '87

and what exactly are the main series games?

Zelda 3: muh parallel worlds
zelda 4: o fuck im in a gameboy edition

is that what you're talking about

That's not MC

>thinking zelda 2 is bad
its a plebfilter

And we wonder why theres so many trannies now

LoZ1
ALttP
OoT
OoA

these are the only 4 good zelda games.
the amount of time since the last decent zelda game is greater than the amount of time between the first zelda and the last decent zelda game.

zelda is a dead franchise.

dead franchise =/= franchise you in particular don't like

>Video game player is 10x more cringe than gamer
>cringe as a noun
How ironic.

Attached: 1568649096108.jpg (342x342, 24K)

I like the franchise, i'm just being objective and unbiased.

fpbp
so fucking gorgeous

You have no idea how to bait effectively.

Most the Zelda games are a stain compared to II

Remake/Reimagining by Vanillaware when?

>second hardest game in the series, only second to Zelda 1 on hard mode
>OP hates it
Maybe you're just shit.

ᴀ ʙ c d e ꜰ G H J j k M m ɴ o p ǫ R s t u v w x ʏ z

ᵃ ᵇ ᶜ ᵈ ᵉ ᶠ ᵍ ʰ ᶦ ʲ ᵏ ˡ ᵐ n ᵒ ᵖ ᵠ ʳ ˢ ᵗ ᵘ ᵛ ʷ ˣ ʸ ᶻ