I have a craving to play some fallout. Which one should I reinstall? I remember a lot more of New Vegas

I have a craving to play some fallout. Which one should I reinstall? I remember a lot more of New Vegas.

Attached: fallout-3-vs-new-vegas-xl.jpg (820x461, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fHjZQb-kGek
youtube.com/watch?v=lJUq8jzU0CA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

New Vegas

literally soulless vs soulful

fallout 4. another settlement needs your help. i'll mark it on your map

Ok I'm installing New Vegas. What mods should I get for it?

If you remember more about NV you should install FO3 to see why it's the vastly superior game in every aspect.

Fallout 3 has SOUL. New Vegas is tranny soiboy cuckshit.

Project Nevada for sure. And the script extender.

I am getting a lot of conflicting opinions.

Fuck off, tranny.

if you never played Fallout 4 give it a go, it's entertaining but it lacks any depth, at least the BoS and Minutemen questlines are fun

FNV >>>>>>>>>>∞>>>>>>>>> F3

So looking at the Fallout 3 store page it seems like it has a lot of issues with windows 10. I'm not sure if I want to troubleshoot for a while to fix it to play.

I've played fallout 4, didn't really like it.

Fallout 3 - Elder Scrolls game in Fallout setting
New Vegas - Fallout game on ES game engine

New Vegas has 2 gay companions, a tranny companion and cuckoldry. You are the tranny for liking it over the game made by well known alt-right supporter Todd Howard.

Guys you're making this even more confusing.

In general, people who enjoyed Fo1/2 better tend to prefer NV, though some might say 3 is good.
NV favors the main quest a lot more, has a slightly linear path trough the world, and a pretty solid faction system.
Fo3 has a boring main quest, but some wacky side quests to do and a completely open map, and some prefers visuals more.

judge for yourself

Fallout 3 - Wasteland, distinct post-nuclear feel
New Vegas - it's a....desert, hardly any fallout feeling in the whole game

Attached: 1543203873233.jpg (404x316, 18K)

Start with 3 and play NV after

They are the same exact game.

Did you play Fallout 1 and 2

of course he didn't

Fallout 1 for tight gameplay.
Fallout 2 for adventure time.

>I have a craving to play some fallout
Then you owe it to yourself to play the best game in the series.
youtube.com/watch?v=fHjZQb-kGek

Attached: fallout 2 cover.jpg (800x1017, 98K)

Yes, I played both games in the same year they were released (and several times thereafter) and have been a fan of the series and post-apocalyptic games as a whole. For that reason, I can safely say that New Vegas was a great disappointment for me.

That's exactly what a tranny would say. You can't hide from us tranny.

>Fallout 1 for tight gameplay.
Yeah, like beiing trapped in buildings when an NPC makes a home of the doorway, or Ian deciding to go on a Jihad against Vault Dwellers! Or just generally not being able to give party members any kind of useful commands.

2 cleaned up a lot more than people remember

More tranny posts is a thread that has nothing to do with it.
>RENT FREE

I was stuck more in fallout 2. But I also went solo in Fallout 1 after I accidentally killed dog meat.

Fallout 1, then FO2. Fallout 3 isn't really a Fallout game and insults your intelligence at the same time. Fallout NV is all right but it uses an engine developed by Bethesda. Fallout 4 is a good mod tool for eventually porting the entirety of New Vegas to, but presently you shouldn't touch it.

If you're done with the first two Fallouts (and BoS) then you can play Underrail to stop thinking modern rpgs are dead and get that same feel out of it. Well, that's it. I was happy to help you, user.

Attached: 1535599012521.jpg (225x160, 4K)

>I like games with NTR and gay people, if you don't you're a tranny
Your favorite game is SJW trash. Cope.

Then you should feel right at home with it, tranny.

New Vegas has NTR?

>screams buzzwords because he lost
Pathetic
The waifubait companion cucks you in the NCR ending

>even taking the NCR ending other than once to know what it looks like
I sure hope you guys are not cucked like that

Attached: 1525474879910.png (550x578, 242K)

You were using buzzwords? Oh you mean when you said tranny?

Do you get off on derailing threads?

>>>>>>/pol is that way, make a thread about hating tranny games.

youtube.com/watch?v=lJUq8jzU0CA

Anyone else feeling things bros

Attached: wojak[1].jpg (1600x900, 77K)

I played both, and tho I never uninstalled NV and really appreciate its virtues, I honestly had a better time with 3. The engine they're on works better for a slightly more linear approach to quests, and progression in 3 is also much faster. Hell, I even had more fun roleplaying in 3.
NV is still better though[\spoiler]

New Vegas has NTR?

Fallout 3 has SOUL. New Vegas is tranny soiboy cuckshit.

>I accidentally killed dog meat
Sure, “accidentally”

Can you explain how Fallout 3 has more soul than New Vegas?

Can you explain how Fallout 3 has more soul than New Vegas?

3 is a fun loot and shoot explore the world game that has some RPG elements (unlike 4) but with very black and white moral complexity and philosphy

New Vegas is a better RPG with various factions who all have good reasoning on why they should take over the state but the actual wasteland is a barren flat desert and not fun to explore

Just depends on what you want out of a Fallout game

Attached: new vegas sponge.png (900x950, 1.61M)

3 is objectively better but NV has a cult following. both are ok.

Attached: awards.png (637x754, 380K)

I missed a shot at one of the super mutants in necropolis. I could've save scummed to save him, but it's more fun accepting the playthrough's fuck ups.

new vegas feels like it was made by/for turbo spergs.

GOTY awards don't mean anything

new vegas feels like it was made by/for turbo spergs.

>all have good reasoning on why they should take over the state
No they don't. Obsidian went so far up their own ass with their "shades of grey" meming that all of the factions ended up being terrible.

Why not both? Use Tale of Two Wastelands

Nice brainlet take there.
Maybe the childish black and white morality shit is more up your alley, zoomie

Sure thing ya npcs. Fo3 is a ignore the main story wander the open wasteland for quests and encounters and companions kinda game. Go do what the fuck ever you want, great quests in any direction and not as much cringey fedora dialogue as nv. Energy weapons are soulful as hell vs nvs realistic modern guns. 50s aesthetic is great and point lookout is kino tier dlc. Fuck todd howard but someone else working on this game really cared about it. Cool companions better more varied map.

Nv is literally an empty desert main quest simulator. Pick your favorite boring black and white faction and stick it out until the game is over because helping the other factions pisses yours off. So basically just enjoy 1 of 4 main quests and finish the game. No point to not fast travel also because basically no random encounters other than scorpions no good dlc other than muh straight line to the one interesting npc in the game dlc. Aesthetic is shit. Invisible walls everywhere rushed cash in game. Its just shit senpai. Play fallout 3 if you want post apocalypse, play new vegas if you want the most reddit game ive ever beheld.

Dont you install NV and there is some mode where you can also play FO3 on the NV engine?

As if your opinion does.

>soul soul soul soul aesthetics aesthetics aesthetics

Bugthesdrones, everyone.

As if your opinion does.

I can at least think for myself instead of letting paid shill journalists dictate my opinions for me.
Eat a dick, Todd.

Yeah, the pseudointellectual writing in new vegas is way too difficult. I would need to have read and misunderstood several wikipedia articles to grasp it.

imagine being so braindead you let soiboi "journalists" tell you how to think

The writing is good, zoom zoom. You're just too stupid to understand it.

>that samefag retard trying to be contrarian

I'm sure you thought for yourself and didn't jump on the Yea Forums bandwagon. Calling me "Todd" was how I really knew you were a truly original thinker.

The writing is good, zoom zoom. You're just too stupid to understand it.

I guarantee I'm older than you and have a higher IQ but maybe if you keep repeating it you'll feel better.

>doesn't know what samefagging is but uses the term anyway
>calls others retarded
this place has really gone to shit.

>that samefag retard trying to be contrarian

Not OP but I’ve been thinking of playing new Vegas again which weapon type is the most fun?

Shotgun build

OP here. I just installed New Vegas because Fallout 3 apparently shits the bed on windows 10.

Just download S.T.A.L.K.E.R user

Shotguns are the most fun I might try to make a melee and shotgun build

NV shits the bed on any platform so you aren't doing much better there. I have never been able to finish it due to game breaking bugs, glitches and crashes.

Implant GRX + melee weapons/unarmed = anime character

never had issues with nv that weren't solved by modding
and the only issue I ever had was save bloat when I played TTW

Apparently Fallout 3 won't even start on windows 10 sadly.

Implant GRX + melee weapons/unarmed = anime character

>works for me ;^)

Congrats it's a great game user just watch out for Easy Pete

i have heard that but it works for me ;^)

Both are soulless desu.

>le easy pete is bad
lmfao is this the new swimming?

Yeah from what I understand many of the crashes can be solved by deleting manual save slots from the main menu.

so i'm supposed to delete my only save? that doesn't solve my problem.

Well if we are going to help you effectively we gotta know what you are rolling with. What are your specs? Have you modded the game in any way?

I'm not doing any more work to get this game running, it's boring and I have better games to play.

Suite yourself. Help is always there, you have but to simply ask.

Thanks, user.

>"God hand is a 3/10" IGN
ok

Attached: gamespot.png (1556x364, 67K)

the popular anti-crash mod NVAC and one of the two stutter fixers is all thats necessary everything else is down to your opinion and choice. If your on windows 10 OP choose New Vegas Tick Fix if you're on pretty much anything else choose New Vegas Stutter Remover

Stuff id recommend are arizona slave army and New Vegas Character Expansions as well as any one of the three weapon sounds replacers.

FNV Dlcs blow the water out of F3 dlcs. Point lookout was really good though.
Both have energy weapons and FNV expands on "modern guns" with SOULful ammo types.
FNV factions are far less black and white than F3 "save people with clean water" or "kill people with nasty water".
Aesthetic is pure taste. The city scape in some areas of F3 were nice, like post apocalypse game set in city number 5824. The western inspired FNV is a nice break from seeing the same thing repeated. Crumbling buildings, wow, so much soul.

Main Story
Fo3s isnt great but its pretty traditional as far as fallout stories go. Vault dweller searches for water thing. Dad, the bos, and liberty prime are the highlights

Nv has essentially 4 choices for a main story path to take with some different quests depending on which faction you pick. Initial story hook is pretty cool too.

Nv definitely wins in main story department even if all the factions available to side with underwhelm.

Side quests
Fo3 has some really crazy side quest lines. Like helping a group of vampires, the entire wasteland survival guide, finding the tree cult, the superhero stuff, blowing up a whole town, etc.

Nv is mostly bland in sidequests. Clear out enemies here, fetch thing there. Only real stand out mission was the plant vault. But it was pretty damn good for what its worth.

Fo3 takes the side quests

Gameplay
Fo3 is very rpg based. Controls and aimimg are stiff, stats arent well thought out. No starting traits. Rng dialogue options :(

Nv feels better to play but is still stiff, aiming is much better. Not as much rpg to the action, but the internal number and stat workings are much better. No rng, also starting traits, yay. More weapons armor and items.

Nv takes the gameplay

Dlc
Fo3 has 2 good dlcs. 3 of its dlcs are straight lines of enemies with a reward st the end ok once but suck after. Point lookout is a whole new area full of mutant swamp rednecks and its great. Bs extends the main game and makes the main story good now

Nv has unavoidable preorder shit like the canteen that ruins hardcore mode entirely. Also has 2 linear dlcs which arent great but have semi interesting dialogue and one open one with the big mt that is good but not great.

Fo3 definitely wins dlc

Exploration
Fo3 has a huge open wasteland. You can go in any direction and find interesting content or something new to explore or fight.

Nv has a blank ass desert full of invisible walls and ctd zones and is basically missing most of its non main story content because it was rushed.

Sorry nv its fo3 here

Aesthetic and music
Fo3 has a cool 50s apocalypse vibe overall with future sci fi tech thrown in. A great selection of songs reflect this

Nv hardly feels apocalyptic at all. It looks like people forgot to pick up trash for a little too long.

Fo3 wins 4 to 2 imo

I swear Yea Forums gets more gullible every year. Those sorts of vague-ass compliments and complaints are the mark of someone who not only is arguing against their own opinion, but doesn't even understand the opposite opinion. It's not a "Bugthesdrone", it's a troll dropping bait.

>Nv is mostly bland in sidequests.
Play Beyond the Beef

your exploration opinion is just wrong so whatever but your understanding of the fallout setting is so amazingly bad that I can only assume you've only played 3 and nv
The setting ISN'T apocalyptic or post-apocalyptic
The setting is the rebuilding of society
fallout 3 got the setting completely ass backwards and threw in non-sensicle shit for no reason
nv needs to be a lot cleaner though I agree, not that that was your point, people wouldn't just laze about with paper/trash on their floors unless they were junkies

I have beaten the game at least 10 times and I discover new aspects of that quest every time. Awesome quest design. Also I really like the atmosphere in NV. The characters and the strip. It's all kind of cozy.

wow imagine having to make up a fake backstory to damage control your coping

>the best game in the series.
You posted the wrong image.

Attached: 71flJ2CsLQS._SL1074_.jpg (737x1074, 126K)

Don't listen to them, user. You want to Go F3 so that you actually have a world to explore, rather than an empty desert.

Attached: cool.jpg (334x443, 87K)

Fallout 3 is nothing but walls in your way

thanks

But that's the right image, user. 2 beats out 1 in every way but story.