Morrowind Thread

Come user, friend or traitor, come and look upon the Morrowind thread

Attached: based.gif (487x342, 230K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iR-K2rUP86M
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46071
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46020
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dagoth did nothing wrong. He could have saved Morrowind but no one listened. Instead Sotha Sil was murdered, Almalexia went insane and got killed, Vivec being the pussy bitch he is just disappeared and let the Ministry of Truth crash. Which led to the eruption of the Red Mountain and the Red Year. All of this could have been avoided had they listened to Dagoth.

Attached: 1526506233096.jpg (1379x1012, 1.61M)

Has anyone played as a healer?

in Skyrim yeah
fuck playing a healer in Morrowind unless you're playing MM

Which default class is the most challenging?

replay the game

I played as a healer in morrwind for a while beating things with a silver staff and trying to join the imperial cult but I got bored

Monk I assume, you are disarmed and your punches only knock out enemies, you can kick them til they are dead but it takes a while I imagine having several things attack you at once is a pain

I'm all for smoking with caius cosades and waiting for the ash storm to blow over !

Attached: peakcomfort.jpg (1244x750, 391K)

Started morrowind a little while ago and 50 hours in so far. this game is fucking amazing and aged like fine wine

Which is the most fun faction and why is it Telvanni?

Attached: 1515802262579.jpg (172x233, 16K)

Whats the consensus about Dagoth ur? He's doing the wrong thing for right reason?

He's trying to solve a problem that is out of his league.

chillin with the heart and no buddy nerevar made him cucu for cereal

He is doing the wrong things for the wrong reasons.

*AHEM*
FUCK TRIBUNAL
AND FUCK IMPERIAL MONGREL DOGS

Attached: 6ba830b3971a03519b5a6a3aba5279a2[1].jpg (1920x1920, 606K)

he's legitimately crazy, bordering on Auri-El levels of fucked up, but actually malicious and ready to fuck up reality at any moment

Attached: my morrowind self insert.jpg (1600x900, 407K)

Telvanni is most fun because everyone high up is fucking insane.
But they have the shittiest mansion.
Hlaalu on the other hand, has the blandest faction, but the best and prettiest mansion.
Redorians are all around bad, but still slightly more fun than hlaalu, and their mansion slightly above telvanni

He's outright evil and crazy. I've never understood the desire to justify him.

Guess lonely wannabe edgelords was charmed by his politeness and since nobody in existence understands them, the evil big bad being nice to them made them feel validated for once

hits home too close. fuck you user

>Dagoth did nothing wrong
He betrayed Dumac and Nerevar's friendship by inciting war with the Dwemer.
He misled Wulfharth to bring the Nords to Red Mountain.
He used Kagrenac's tools against Nerevar's wishes, becoming a malevolent demiurge forever anchored to Lorkhan's heart.

And that was just while he was alive. Contrary to his idealized Dreamsleeve avatar, Voryn Dagoth was not a particularly amicable or charismatic leader, dealing in shadows and deceit.

Attached: i_know_where_the_shor_s_heart_is_by_risingmonster-d76v4zs.jpg (1600x1257, 1.08M)

Either Dagoth ur orignally meant well and took the tools to prevent tribunal to get even more powerful, eventually becoming insane while still believing he's doing the right thing, or he's just full of shit

I've only made considerable progress in Morrowind once when I beat the main quest and then stopped during Tribunal. I want to give it another go, what's the most enjoyable class? I hate playing pure mages

ironically pure mages/alchemics due to how crazy you can get with both spells and potions

Hlaalu is like a mafia all you do is killing, making deals, sex favours, spying, shaking hands with the powerful and wicked, earning billions, fucking bitches, buying the most expensive clothes, building a manor, owning a kwama mine, etc

Funny enough this is the closest description to Voryn in life, at least according to the writers. He was like that edgy kid sitting in the back of the classroom that nobody liked, and Nerevar was the closest thing he had to a best friend.

Attached: tumblr_nmlq266WjY1s2vsuio1_1280.jpg (900x1377, 511K)

>""Hlaalu""

I'd let dagoth violate my boyhole
no homo

why is TES lore so incomprehensible?

The dwemer invented him, he's already dead and use lorkhan's heart to move his body and finish building the damn dwemer robot whatever

Attached: flightscroll.jpg (637x1024, 147K)

>not wanting to be an immortal squid wizard riding around in a giant mech conquering the planet

Attached: nuare-studio-ascendedsleeper.jpg (1920x1920, 616K)

Hand-to-hand is pretty good at handling multiple foes since they stay knocked down so long. But yeah it just takes forever until your skill is really high, and although most NPCs drop pretty quick there's specific creatures like Skeletons that have way too much fatigue.

Sleepers creeped me out, especially those with a hole in their fucking face where the snout comes out

>People actually thing Dagoth was wrong
>His words of wisdom was so powerful, so enlightening the dunmer who heard it literally had his mind blown out of his face

I like Hlaalu best, I always like do speech and/or illusion builds and their quests benefit a lot from that. Even the final quest to deal with the Camonna Tong kingpin can be completed by getting him to like you enough and partner with you instead of killing or blackmailing him.
Redoran's just got so much fighting and protecting. Their lore is cool and its all fitting if you wanna play an honorable fighter type character, but all the backstabbing and schmoozing in Hlaalu was more fun to me.

I noticed the first dagoth priest you kill says you have to go to him at red mountain, is that actually possible when he says it or do you have to progress the main story

what about dwarves, they lived in morrowind, although my morrowind is lore is fucked so idk if they were there before the chimer or how that works

Maybe i didn't like them so much since everyone in Hlaalu was kinda bland besides a certain creep. They were just jew tropes. But Telvannis were insane and had some seriously dumb shit they had you doing, some that seems or sounds impossible or completely unfamiliar at first but actually WAS possible to do.
Redorans appear as noble warriors types, but their stick up their ass regarding you were funny, and making them warm up to you a bit felt nice. It felt like real development within the house.
That's my reasoning for my "ranking"

obligatory
youtube.com/watch?v=iR-K2rUP86M

The Dwemer were in Morrowind before the Chimer, but nobody is sure how long. House Dagoth were their neighbors and there was likely a lot of intermingling between them, given Voryn's use of their technology.

Attached: 1505582374747.jpg (1240x930, 378K)

>Knowing that they were going to lose eventually, the Elven giants hid the Heart of Shor so that the Nords might never have their God back. But here was the Devil of Dagoth with good news! The Dwarves and Devils of the eastern kingdom had his Heart, and this was the reason for their recent unrest. The Nords asked the Devil of Dagoth why he might betray his countrymer so, and he said that the Devils have betrayed each other since the beginning of time, and this was so, and so the Nords believed him. The Tongues sung Shor's ghost into the world again. Shor gathered an army as he did of old, and then he sucked in the long-strewn ashes of King Wulfharth and remade him, for he needed a good general. But the Devil of Dagoth petitioned to be that general, too, and he pointed out his role as the blessed harbinger of this holy war. So Shor had two generals, the Ash King and the Devil of Dagoth, and he marched on the eastern kingdoms with all the sons of Skyrim.
>The fifth song of King Wulfharth is sad. The survivors of the disaster came back under a red sky. That year is called Sun's Death. The Devil of Dagoth had tricked the Nords, for the Heart of Shor was not in the eastern kingdoms, and had never been there at all. As soon as Shor's army had got to Red Mountain, all the Devils and Dwarves fell upon them. Their sorcerers lifted the mountain and threw it onto Shor, trapping him underneath Red Mountain until the end of time. They slaughtered the sons of Skyrim, but not before King Wulfharth killed King Dumalacath the Dwarf-Orc, and doomed his people. Then Vehk the Devil blasted the Ash King into Hell and it was over. Later, Kyne lifted the ashes of the ashes of Ysmir into the sky, saving him from Hell and showing her sons the color of blood when it is brought by betrayal. And the Nords will never trust another Devil again.

Sounds pretty based desu.
Why did the Nords ally with the "Devils" again in ESO?

Attached: 1558249114778.png (733x1000, 1.06M)

>spoiler
Nords have short memories. Most living in Skyrim during the Fourth Era don't even remember Wulfharth, or their own pantheon.

Attached: Muralsnake.jpg (1024x683, 267K)

He did save Morrowind. His actions led to the Argonians taking over and the dungmer living as wards of the Nords.
Morrowind is saved by removing the dungmer infestation. The good news for the dungmer is they now have adult supervision so they have a chance to succeed as well.

you are supposed to saw morrowind thread only once in spoiler n'wah

It was written that way. If it is clear and concise it become difficult to change. If it is vague and incomprehensible it isn't a retcon it is your poor understanding that is at fault.

>Why did the Nords ally with the "Devils" again in ESO?
Because ESO is made by retards that don't understand that Nords and Dunmer fucking hate each other.

This

and on top of all this shit he wants to turn people into cultist Zombies with no will of their own. And he alos thinks he's the original dreamer when he is just mentally corrupted by being around Lorkahn's heart.

I don't know if it's so much that they just forgot, more that they got Imperialized after a few hundred years under Septim rule. Then again ESO predates Septim so it doesn't help explaining their alliance with the devils.

Why did the Nord ally with them?
Design over lore. Many of the devs came from a game called Guild Wars and they were using the same template. They needed three alliances of three and the lore was a secondary concern.
That is a common theme in ESO.

That's as dumb as saying French and Anglos would NEVER EVER ally due old grudges

Im playing Morrowind for the first time

What are the best mods to make it playable on modern machines? Like Vanilla+

Attached: t3_4e53ho.jpg (670x559, 216K)

I made a custom spell of Fortify Personality 100 pts twice (total of 200 in one spell) for 1 second, and I'd cast it before talking to merchants to get better deals. My mercantile was still horrid so I still couldn't cheat them too much.

Then I got to Mournhold and got access to new spell effects. I made one of Fortify Personality 200, Fortify Luck 200, and Fortify Mercantile 200. All for one second. There is no RP way to justify how powerful this is. I can sell 1g worth of merchandise for their entire gold supply and their entire inventory. I can buy their entire inventory for 1g.

I didn't like this so I made one of Fortify Personality 75-100 twice, Fortify Luck 75-100, and Fortify Mercantile 75-100 for one second. It's still overpowered but at least I sometimes get "Your offer is refused" so I don't feel like I'm cheating too hard...

>first time
>mods
I am disappoint

Without open MW
Code patch
MGEX
Project Atlas
Patch for Purists
Properly Smoothed Meshes
Morrowind Enhanced Textures

With OpenMW
same as above but only everything below MGEX

I'm generally of a purist mindset when it comes to first playthroughs of games. But no reason not to take some bugfixes at least:
Morrowind Code Patch
Morrowind Patch for Purists
MGE XE is nice too for UI scaling, FOV slider, shaders, and all that good stuff. Not really essential but it's not like it changes the actual artwork of the game; it just makes it look nicer in a lot of subtle ways so up to you if you want it.
That's all I'd recommend. You can mod it more after playing if you decide there's something you want to add, remove, or change. There's mods for everything but it's all up to your personal taste, and the only way to find that out is to play it.

Oh right, look up Bethesda's official addons too. They made some free DLC for Morrowind way back when which is packed in with the GOG version but not included in the other releases, so grab them if you don't have them already.

M8, don't be like that. I played the game at release myself, but there are many quality of life mods that helps ease newfriends into it.
It's like playing Baldurs gate in the original 800x600 on a 1600x1200 screen for some dumb creds reasoning.
He won't be one of the originals, why punish him for it rather than letting him experience a good game?

I'm not stopping him

nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46071

People rarely mention this but it's fucking amazing for quality of life. Especially the dialogue highlighting; generic responses you've heard already get greyed out in the topic list.

Except French don't view the Anglos as soulless animals and Anglos don't view French as literal demons
>inb4 but they dooo hahahXD

I don't even remember. But this is the mods i use, along with third party stuff like MGSO, 4gb patch etc.
A few (spesifically monster addition) is slightly less lore friendly, by adding TES monster into morrowind where they shouldn't exist, like nymphs, Giants etc

Attached: morrowind mod folder.png (1225x977, 103K)

t. never been to the ol /int/ bashing thread
If UK isn't fighting with USA, it's the French

I just played vanilla OpenMW. You can even disable texture filtering for delicious pixels and personally that's all I need.

Attached: screenshot042.png (1920x1080, 2.04M)

I'd agree, but add "with a hint of cork in the flavour".
It's great, but the wrinkles are showing.

Be careful with MGEXE. Turning on distant lands changes the lighting outdoors quite a lot.

Best answer is Skyrim.

that is all banter.
Nords and Dunmer don't even know the meaning of the word

Attached: 1554989782445.png (640x1000, 351K)

If you take the graphics and gameplay out of the equation you are correct.
Those aged like milk.

Bought morrowind GOTY at 3 dollars for steam, never started it.
Anything to make me wanna play it?

Join house Hlalluu and give uncle Crassius a peck on the cheek.

Attached: smug ordinator.png (257x323, 82K)

That's thanks to the code patch's "mercantile fix" option.

In vanilla Morrowind the amount merchants would be willing to pay for an item could never exceed what they would sell it for. This was done to fix the exploit in Daggerfall where you would eventually be able to just buy an entire merchant's stock and sell it back to them for a profit due to the poorly balanced mercantile system, and even buy items for NEGATIVE (as in get paid) gold with high enough mercantile.

They successfully fixed the exploit with that band-aid but they kept the same poor balance, so instead of being able to buy/sell shit back and forth to the same dude for free money you instead get the weird situation where very high mercantile+personality could actually make you get worse prices when you sell your loot than with lower stats. The MCP mercantile fix reverts that change and brings it back to Daggerfall style just without the negative gold part.

nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46020

The ONLY acceptable MW graphics mod

Nah, the graphics are comfy. Plus the water is still good to this day.

Attached: morrowindwater1.jpg (1024x768, 99K)

>OpenMW will never be finished

Attached: 1558063629087.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

What makes you say this?

Isn't it pretty much done apart from shadows and some optimizations?
>tamriel rebuilt and project tamriel will never be finished

>never played a thief
>try it out mostly to have a reason to break into everyone's house
>Fargoth's house is a mess and he has a ton of alcohol stashed in a drawer
>the boat fast travel stations are smuggling drugs
>there's a ton of decent loot just sitting in random places
>there's a bunch of random houses, guard barracks or towers, etc. that are full finished and look lived in but have nothing notable in them, just to make the game world feel more authentic
>end up leaving some brandy on the table for a random Hlaalu guard in a tower just because the interior was so simple and comfy
This is wild it's like seeing the world from a whole new lens

not him but
>last official release in march

Last nightly build August 30th

Attached: serveimage.jpg (213x204, 9K)

they were supposed to use their face holes to play music but todd has a strict no fun allowed policy

Attached: Ascended_Sleeper_MK_Sketch.png (362x323, 177K)

The major releases take a while especially now that it's most work under the hood now that all the content is playable. It's not abandoned at all.

Eh I don't put the war on him since the intel he gave was correct, it's just that Dumac was in the dark about Kagrenac's dickery with the heart. Everything else was right, he was a piece of shit on par with the tribunal in life, only difference was that he didn't succeed.

>tfw encounter Uncle Crassius as an Argonian female

Attached: chica.png (520x550, 334K)

Come on mate, don't pin that on Toddyboi. Back then surround-distance music was still brand new.

What drugs was Kirkbride on when he came up with Morrowind's lore?

I don't mean that in a normalfag joking way, I'm legitimately curious.

More a case of MK not understanding the medium in which he works.

The telvanni errand with delivering the skirt was hilarious

He was more an alchy than a drug addict.

How can one replicate the effects of skooma IRL?

Last commit 2h ago.

People meme about the drugs but all he's said he was on was coffee, bourbon, and cigarettes. His mythological shit is inspired by actual religious myths and holy texts, especially eastern ones that you don't usually see in games. He studied comparative theology in college and also has audio-visual synesthesia which is probably where stuff like 'tonal architecture' and all the references to colors of concepts comes from.

>Decide to trust your advisors that kept telling you "we told you so" on the way to a war with the dwemer
>Get killed by them because you didn't trust your own judgement enough

alcohol is a drug right?

>audio-visual synesthesia

Lucky bastard.

All I got was the shitty autistic one where you can see numbers as shapes.

I got ya morrowind content right here.

Attached: morrowind.jpg (355x355, 23K)

House Dagoth used a lot of musical shit in their magic, there's what you said and the bells they have in their bases that rings whenever you have dreams about Dagoth Ur.

what shape is this 5?

Attached: check them.jpg (640x451, 54K)

FUG