That kid who thought it was pronounced TIDE US

>that kid who thought it was pronounced TIDE US

Attached: 8d1e86b9-0bb6-4109-9400-88d582cd8a70.jpg (1280x720, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LJzOzZhTugo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i still call him tide us

>that kid who actually thought that clusterfuck was a good game

>he never played the game
>he thinks the KH pronunciation was correct
>he doesn't know

tide-us sounds way more chad so yes i'll call him that

It's Tidus, go fuck yourself.

I want Tidus in Smash just so AH HA HA HA HA HA could be a taunt

there was a girl I used to know who was into this game... I remember talking to her about it, it was like a dream... sometimes I wonder if we really ever talked about it at all...

It's pronounced "Tee-dah"

X was the beginning of the end for FF. I remember thinking "when do I get to the world map?" but it never happened

thank god for kingdom hearts

Tit Ass

>Sea-fur
>Ur-vine
>Z-eye-dane
>Free-yuh
>Rie-de-ya
>Tih-fa

>oh pee
>iss aye
>phag got

Can't you rename him or some shit so nobody ever says his name in-game? Poor design choice if I'm remembering correctly.

This is a reverse merry oh where the incorrect pronunciation sounds infinitely better

It’s...not? What is it then?
>tit ass
?

youtube.com/watch?v=LJzOzZhTugo

You can

according to SE it's pronounced Tee-Duss

The official way is

Tea-Dus

Yuna also pronounces it as TEE-DUS in Dissidia.

The official way is wrong, just like .gif

it is ti-dus not tee-dus that sounds fucking gay

Toidiss

Tide-us just makes sense. Like the tides of the ocean, because he's a blitzball star, a sport played entirely in the water.

They say Seymour went to Macarena Temple.

Attached: tidus-icon-459ddcfe93ba857b1dfcaf5e943a63cba55b7528b92b1a2f4cbd11b49fe0818f.png (244x354, 126K)

90% of people can't tell the difference.

Attached: tidus and titus.jpg (650x740, 123K)

According to SE, Lightning was a character worth two sequels and the downfall of FF Versus 13, your point?

yeah but lightning deserves her games

tide us makes more sense

You missed the
>and the downfall of FF Versus 13
part.

Attached: Ryo did nothing wrong.png (210x310, 59K)

tie dus sounds cooler than tee dus

The official way to pronounce "Cloud" is "Ku-RAO-doh." Sounds fucking stupid, right? So does "TeEdUs"

You didn't have to fix it user, the only people who would complain are retards anyway.

It's ティーダ
which reads as Teeda
now shut up

think i give a shart about chink language?

DESKTOP

It's been pronounced both ways in different games. The only reason Teedus is a thing is because they grabbed a random translator at the last minute for a trailer, who clearly would want to just barely make it look like he did something. Hence Teeda to Teedus and completely ignoring how the entire game is water themed while still letting them keep a connection between the names of the main characters with moon (Yuna - Luna so it's still intact) and tide.

tide us sounds retarded as fuck
imagine being this idiot.
it's a fucking romaji you fucking room temperature IQ subhuman, ku rau do is the romaji of クラウド (cloud).
if tidus spelled "tide us" the romaji would be tai dus/tai da タイーダ

True, but I thought I should have the decency to correct and delete the first one. (Unlike OP, who should have deleted this thread when he had the chance)

fuck off weeb

Sorry booby, it's tide us.

Imagine actually being this autistic.

Attached: you already know.jpg (672x500, 35K)

One is attempting to imitate an English word, the other is explicitly a Japanese word with a specific meaning (sun, so I've heard, referring to him being a cheerful guy). Except the game is very blatantly not set in Japan and the paper-thin symbolism there is lost in Teedus for the sake of sounding a bit similar. Then you have Tide us, which keeps all of the symbolism intact and strengthens it vastly without even changing the main body and origin of the name. If you actually cared about it being faithful you'd see where it fits better thematically.

>Yuna - Luna
Oh shit. It really is Aerith then
>Cloud Earth

It's from an Okinawan word, which fits with the tropical setting. I do agree "Tide-us" sounds and fits better though

of course it's tide-us, it rhymes with Titus...

"Tee-dah"
It's an Okinawan word for sun

>that kid who said sin's toxin was his excuse gor giving a wrong answer
>it worked

Only a part of the game really is tropical, but yet again Tide conveys that just as well in English if not better.
Yuna as far as I know is another Okinawan word for moon, I was showing how that still holds up. There was a cap of a post that went deep into the Aeris/Aerith thing that I don't have but which makes sense to me, tl;dr the way they came up with her name is better represented with Aeris. Personally I think it sounds better and plays well with Sephiroth being -th as they're actually opposites in heritage.

>when you realise there's no such thing as Sin's toxin

No it's Aerith

I always called him TIDE US because it sounded better than TEE DUS. My friend told me I was pronouncing it wrong and told him I don't care because TEE DUS sounds stupider than TIDE US

I pronounced it that way from the day the game launched all they way until I heard Yuna say it the other way in Dissidia 012. That memory is very clear, for some reason.

The line of thought suggesting she's Aerith would actually lead to her being called Aerth or even just Earth.

>that kid who thought it wasn't pronounced TIDE US

Attached: 1546019784499.png (645x729, 74K)