Neverwinter Nights 2

>start playing this gem
>love every second, as tropey and generic as it is
>get to Act 2
>can't progress because a certain cutscene script didn't work
>no backup saves

Why didn't anyone warn me this game is still broken to this day

Attached: nw2.jpg (1024x640, 104K)

The big Obsidian logo should have been an indicator.

>playing an Obsidian game
>not saving often in multiple slots
I don't know what you expected

Obsidian games have always been a mess. Either they have solid gameplay and are buggy out the ass or are technically competent but have shit gameplay.

I'm playing NWN 1 at the moment and it's kinda bland, is 2 any better?

Pretty sure there is a console command that lets you change current quest triggers, but i'm not sure what it is

>is 2 any better?
yes

2 is a lot better. Mask of the Betrayer in particular is one of the greatest RPGs ever made.

Are you playing the original campaign? It has some neat characters but ultimately exists to show the potential of the creator.
Have you given the first expansion a try, Shadows of Undretide? It’s pretty good, and continues into the second expansion that kicks ass.

I like 1 better :( 2 feels even more janky than 1

Same thing happened to me about half way into Mask of the Betrayer a few years ago.

Hey anons, I also enjoyed 2. Is Pathfinder Kingmaker anywhere near as good? I'm not expecting it to be as good, I just want a similar experience and to get my money's worth.

why didn't you check that yourself before playing, retard

>Is Pathfinder Kingmaker anywhere near as good?
It's superior in almost every way.

It's alright but I played it a month after release and it was broken as fuck. Not sure if that's still true today.

>Not sure if that's still true today.
It's mostly fixed now

>mostly
>been months since released
That doesn't inspire confidence, user.

Not my problem. Worked for me to completion.

Do your own goddamn research into the issue if you really care.

Honestly I just tried NWN2 and it was boring as fuck. I just got past the town invasion but there's nothing at all keeping me entertained. I remember the NWN1 main story back then having more of an impact really.

Chill your tits, mr. dev. Did I struck a nerve or something? How about you fix your game instead of shitposting here.

Attached: 1384247132283.jpg (262x337, 14K)

You'll get your money's worth in sheer content alone. Game is long as fuck.

Yeah I brought this on myself. Guess ill restart

Pillars > BG 1 & 2

NWN's campaign was made to showcase the scripting and scene level possibilities of the engine, the entire story was by the numbers and was practically tacked on. Its expansion packs were slightly better. Slightly. Anyone else know if the supposed "remaster" is worth it? Didn't they touch the engine code so it'd at least be better or run in 64bit native?

Download the premium module "Baldurs Gate Reloaded". Play that instead

I'm playing Pathfinder Kingmaker right now and honestly after absolutely raging at the difficulty for hours, I've finally managed to git gud and it's the most fun I've had in a cRPG since Mask of the Betrayer. It's also absolutely fucking huge. After at least 50-60 hours I'm only at the start of chapter 3 (I believe there's 7). It is a bit buggy still, but if you rememeber to keep saving to different slots it's fine.

I loved Mask of the Betrayer, importing your dragon slaying badass hero and finding yourself in an absolutely savage land that could knock you down a peg or two was epic.

Expansion done right

Real time with pause is really a garbage system for fights. Turn based with more strategy involved shits all over it.