Blasphemous

Sorrowful be the Heart, Penitent One.

Attached: Witches_Flight_Goya.jpg (1400x1921, 553K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/blasphemousgame/status/987676103677530112
youtube.com/watch?v=S176q0La_pI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just got out of "Parry Only or You Die" boss.
Can't wait for the big bad.

>parry only or you die
Who? The best boss fight in the game with also the worse voice acting? You can beat her easily without parries.

IDK, mang. Parry (with a hint of short one-two) was the only way I beat her.

Anyone has the story on the Tres Anguistas yet?

She's open after she stops doing her dash attacks that you can also easily jump or dodge through. Also the skin you get from beating the game isn't nearly as cool as the ossuary skin.

Oh, cool. Thanks dude.

What's with the weird crowns? Old version of witch hats?

Just started playing (around 1 hour in), can I NOT take damage from that green gas clouds I've found in some areas?

You just need better lungs, user

You know I hadn't considered it until now but Crisanta and Esdras are the only bosses that actively reward you for using the parry mechanic. Kind of a wasted opportunity but I guess the bosses have to be big when you're designing the art around that ratio.

You mean the capirotes?

There's a relic you can obtain that makes you immune to them. But you gotta dodge some clouds to get to it. If they're stationary you aren't supposed to be there yet.

Attached: 1568391466771.webm (960x540, 2.84M)

>There's a relic you can obtain that makes you immune to them. But you gotta dodge some clouds to get to it
Where can I find it?

>Gemino's quest is locked if you kill any boss other than Charred Visage
I don't think this is true. I did a Bronze Medal today, in which I killed Piedad first and went up to Olive Trees, and the fucker was still alive and I was able to finish his quest too.

I'm thinking maybe it really is a timed thing now.

in the area below Jondo

Oh man, how much stuff did they cut out of this game?
twitter.com/blasphemousgame/status/987676103677530112

Attached: DbTuLoXV4AALe_h.jpg:orig.jpg (1578x1035, 140K)

Enough to be put in consecutive free patches later on.

I feel like the people who don't like the voice acting have never heard Spanish accents. And no, Mexican accents are not the same.

man it's always such a shit feeling when you see cut content

Bro half of them literally pronounce words wrong, come on
"It's their second language" is not an excuse for bad VA, merely an explanation

They've promised to put EVERYTHING that was cut into the game for "free" over the next 2 years.

Based on a glance through their discord posts, this should include 3 relics, 2 full areas, a boss rush that has bosses not included in the main game, and another playable character.

Where the fuck are all the candles
I'm missing like two of them and this is an indie game so no place on the internet has complete information on anything in it

The list of shit they're going to add includes a lot of misguided attempts to make people replay a game with no replayability, but another character seems pretty fucking great
Alternate characters are always more interesting and fun to play than the first basic idea, without fail

I fucking hated Hollow Knight for it's "*bug noises uguu*" sounds/voices but man, Blasphemous sounds like it's trying to be legally distinct dark souls so fucking bad every single time someone talks. Thank god you can turn off the voices at least but the intention in the writing is still pretty bad.

Other than that the game's sick so far.

desu this game would benefit from just going balls to the walls and making you fight a literal god like HK did.

Everyone loves fighting gods.

it has it's charm to be honest
I wish they dub the game to european spanish to see if they put some effort on it

>I wish they dub the game to european spanish
That might actually help a lot.

>Game uses Harry Potter font
Why?

Can I get a non shitposting overview of this game? Genuinely looks cool but the footage of the gameplay I saw when it was announced looked kind of clunky. I'm degi itely the kind of person to forgive jank if the game has heart but curiously if its as rigid as it looks. The aesthetic alone amazes me.

Attached: c8f0fbda-e46f-48cb-8300-181078040c00.jpg (1270x1630, 701K)

was having a ton of trouble with quirce at first. getting hit by the flame pillars seems to be a death sentence -- you'll just get stunlocked into all the others. he was such a deceptively simple fight after actually not being an idiot and trying to mindlessly overwhelm him like other bosses. extremely predictable/avoidable patterns

Game is 5/10

Good concept and combat but backtracking is tedious, it's practically impossible to complete some sidequests or get the true ending without cheating, fuck spikes, and the lore is obtus even by Dark Souls standard.

They will be releasing a bunch of other stuff as well.

Confirmed upcoming features:
-NG+ (New secrets and challenges)
-Bosses only mode
-Harder Mode
-Render modes
-Weekly challenges (i.e. quests, easter eggs) -Quality of life features (like zooming in maps) -Translations
-Survival mode
-Additional bosses (at least 3 backer bosses they are still to deliver and a "Persistent boss creature")
-Online features (seeds)
-World expansion
-Some smaller features like skins for Switch version

Are npc quests even worth doing? I feel like I need to find items to give which will turn into some other items that won't change the boring and shallow gameplay mechanics of this game. Only the magic ring and dash attack were useful in the skill tree.

>Afligido sea el corazón, Penitente

I just 100%'d it.

Art style is incredible, combat feels solid and abilities are dope, lots of cool collectibles and lore.

My only gripe was that jump and ledge timing/hitboxes can piss you off.

Solid 9/10 game

Some are. At least do the egg quest since it gives you a relic that will grant you access to certain areas.

Gameplay mechanics don't improve apart from a couple of skills. The most efficient way, almost always, is to spam regular attack combo.

Dunno why you completed it, I looked up a couple quest and they were so retarded I didn't even want to do them. If devs don't give a shit so do I

Of the omniscient's presence to you, Illegitimate One. Born to the baptismal moon, the path you tread is one where the dominion of the cardinal heavens have no jurisdiction over. Henceforth, let the guilt of the illegitimate hover over and let the path of fervent capitulation of the zealous coward show itself to your insightful blind eyes. Beyond the monk-laden roads of the Grand Disregard where the adrift dreamer hangs upon the canyon's mercy. Through the forsaken hamlet of the numb, eternally unfeeling to the faith which we all covet. And below the overturned pipeworks of Kurstdom, cacophonous organ of the vastiduous monastery of the saintly whore.

Earn your legitimacy and step beyond the oaken gate of judgment and bathe yourselfnin the unyielding burden that hangs above the Aunt of Uncles of the forbidden sin. Within your plight will the cobblestone and marble tremble in delight as they welcome of many years prophecized within the bloods of chicken noodle soup a son of Legitimacy baptized twice by the rite if legitimacy.

Fair warning from I - Rembrant, soothsayer of the seven virtues. Born to the impertinent sun. Greeting onto you

THIS IS HOW FUCKING WACK THIS DIALOGUE IS JESUS CHRIST
Even Dark Souls wasn't this autistic.

man they really did justice to christian culture in this game
I'm actually proud of the artistic value the spanish devs put into their game.
I mean, new generations are all about being godless spiritual snowflakes, so they dish religion completely, but they fleshed out the beauty of christian culture

Attached: Salamanca_-_Iglesia_de_la_Vera_Cruz_12.jpg (930x1238, 173K)

utterly based

So the grievous miracle is basically a huge magical event powered by humanities collective guilt that turns people into fucked up monsters?

I hate that I read this in the dude's voice.

ye

The style carries the entire game. Finished it today, 7.5/10
Good:
-Visuals
-Story, lore and ending
-Characters
-Enemy variation
-Environment and levels
-Music
-Boss designs

Ok but could be better/can get better over time:
-Boss mechanics (with a few notable exceptions, it has solid bosses)
-Player mechanics (skills, spells, equipment)
-Platforming sections
-Controls (there are very few but notable scenarios in that you can feel dying to shit wasnt your fault, specially on platformer sections)
-VA

Bad:
-Item names (sounds like a nitpick but you will understand once you pick up the game, its like a VERY tryhard version of dark souls vibe)
-Quests and their logic (hard to explain this one, you gotta grab X item that does a thing in a specific scenario somewhere else with no clue or hint whatsoever on when, how or where, getting good or bad ending depends entirely on luck on a blind run).

So whats up with the mea culpa cycle?

Is there an ability to warp or teleport between 'bonfires' in the game?

Everything in this game is so fucking grandiose and inscrutable that fighting an actual god wouldn't be too much different

No.

>combat feels solid and abilities are dope, lots of cool collectibles and lore.
Imagine having taste this trash

i don't think this game is converting anyone dude

If there was you'd hear far less complaints about the backtracking.

>Quests and their logic (hard to explain this one, you gotta grab X item that does a thing in a specific scenario somewhere else with no clue or hint whatsoever on when, how or where, getting good or bad ending depends entirely on luck on a blind run).

yeah, that bugs me
like the thing with the three relics and the hairy egg and the blessing fountain, shit it's like 4 times more meme material than the tube on super metroid

Attached: 1446894622158.png (500x438, 282K)

What part of it feels grandiose except at the very end ?
>unscrutable
You mean "tee hee figure it out :')"

Theres no cycle related to Mea Culpa, or well, there wasnt until that cunt at the end pulled out the sword out of your body. Short version is that the Miracle is here to stay and for whatever the fuck reason Mea Culpa was able to seal it/cancel it out. The crazy bitch at the end began something that I guess counts as a cycle, someone has to recover Mea Culpa and slain the new Last Son (daughter) for the Miracle to fuck off again.

where's the third mask? i like exploring and all but this game is a cruel mistress in that regard

Half the fucking shit in the game could be a god and nobody would bat an eye

>That ending
Ok, correct my smooth brain if I'm wrong:

"The Miracle" is some unknown holy force where pain/guilt/BAWW, some good, some bad, becomes real when prayed to hard enough that started with one guy and people made a religion around it whist fucking up the world praying to it 24/7.

There's 3 "Sons of the Miracle" that are super special with their Penance, are seen as god-like and respected as such, that need to be killed to get past a gate to the Mega-church (Mother of Mothers). Then there's the King of all the Bawww who runs the kingdom and caused the huge ash dust storm that nuked the land(?). You, The Penitent One, kills him, sacrifices assending to the afterlife (The Dream) and perminatly becomes a symbol of grief for people to pray to instead of The Miracle.
Then Bad Voice Actor Conehead lady pulls Mea Culpa sword from your body cuz' sequel bait??

Also, are all the dead Penitent Ones clone extras for when one of them dies?

nobody is saying that m8
I just think it has a lot of value making a game on a thematic light that no one has really touched in depth

like japanese devs making accurate depictions of medieval/mythologic japan ala sekiro or nioh
it's like mexicans made a rts themed on aztec civilization and their gods
or indians developing a rpg about indian religion

Well they were worshipped as if they were divine beings so it counts.

The prison

>Two last doorways to open in the prison
>Know one will eventually lead back to the checkpoint, so that's gotta be the way forward
>Go the other way, get bamboozled by a crumbling floor for like the third time in a row now and yeeted into the boss room with no warning
>The first path just has a completely fucking empty room and the shortcut

Attached: 43634.gif (250x250, 1.51M)

are there plans for a physical ps4 release?

Just got to the final boss, but I want the good ending so I have to destroy all the altars first.

Fuck I do not want to backtrack through all that shit.

..the second, then?

Heh, just get down from the Mother of Mothers, it's around there in the library or beyond.

the order of the Penitent one was sacrificed out of penance, because for some reason, being a mute was not enough, in the eyes of the church, it is difficult to say why the penitent one is brought back to life, from the dream, as some force wish him to persist on the corrupted world.
also, it is presumed that cristina is the reason why the order was punished, out of zealotry or vanity towards the pope, since she's clearly a member that renounced the vote of silence.
too loyal to the new god of the miracle, too loyal to the high position she was given in this new twisted world

It's just a cinematic, watch it on youtube

>"The Miracle" is some unknown holy force where pain/guilt/BAWW, some good, some bad, becomes real when prayed to hard enough that started with one guy and people made a religion around it whist fucking up the world praying to it 24/7.
Its unknown why the Miracle happened, people definitely didnt want it and it doesnt get worse or better with penance or prays or whatever. All that we know is thet the in-universe gods, called The High Wills, just randomly bestowed it on humans after one faggot did something retarded out of guilt. People pray and adore the Miracle in hopes for it to get better, spoiler: it didnt.

>There's 3 "Sons of the Miracle" that are super special with their Penance, are seen as god-like and respected as such, that need to be killed to get past a gate to the Mega-church (Mother of Mothers).
The Miracle selected those 3 because reasons, and yes theres the previously mentioned faggot that now runs things.

>You, The Penitent One, kills him, sacrifices assending to the afterlife (The Dream) and perminatly becomes a symbol of grief for people to pray to instead of The Miracle. Then Bad Voice Actor Conehead lady pulls Mea Culpa sword from your body cuz' sequel bait??
The dream is more like a different dimension a la bloodborne, not heaven. The girl in the end is your nemesis, she is someone that feels is actually blessed by the Miracle and actually sees it as holy, beautiful force. The Penitent One is one of many as you guessed by how the game starts, but hes a stubborn bastard that made it far enough to reach Mea Culpa, so he became a threat to her and to the Miracle itself. She "slains" him, but not really since you survived and ended up in the pile of your predecessors corpses, where the game starts. Also you dont become a symbol of grief, you are a savior, the one that stopped the Miracle, until your nemesis came and was like lol nope, Miracle for everyone again.

man parts of the beginning of the game especially outside the town remind me so much of Diablo, even the music felt like something Uelman would write. takes me back

youtube.com/watch?v=S176q0La_pI
quite

>Remove instant-kill spikes
>Add fast travel to bonfi- to ben- to Prie Dieu
>Make relics active at all time, there's no reason to make the player pauses the game whenever there's a miasma cloud room to switch his gear

There, fixed half the game's problems

Ah alright, that clears things up. This game's story is really bizarre yet interesting even if my pleb brain has trouble piecing it together.

the swinging scythes in the library are cancer; this game's clunkiness amplifies the annoyance of the environmental hazards tenfold

Where do I get the item so I can walk on water? And where the hell is the npc that lets you increase your rosary beed? I feel like such an idiot but I can't find it

>Gemino ruins your 100% completion

Attached: EEWGQRuXoAE8Jhs.jpg large.jpg (1000x1000, 195K)

Artstyle is amazing and the map feels good
Platforming challenges aren't as hard has regular traversal because some of the jumps that should be or look easy are extremely tight
Magic is almost worthless as are most upgrades for your sword since there's no real hitstun against enemies so you only get a 1-3 hit combo in. Slide attack is good in a few rare cases
Traversal items only help you reach optional stuff, none of which has an effect on the 2 endings oddly enough.

Honestly its worth playing for the presentation alone, which is stellar, but it IS jank as fuck. I'd wait till they patch it up so your first impressions are of the complete game

Finish the walking guy's storyline, it finishes fairly late in the game.
He starts at the beginning of Jondo, needs you to get a moving platform going.. Once you help him there, you'll see him again in the area with the rosary bead npc, like straight after that on the other side of Jondo.

After finishing the game I only have one unanswered question: what is the starting area all about? I found no answers to why there are tons of penitent ones dead in that area or who you actually are

I like to think the Penitent One is smug as fuck under that helm because of how confident his body language is but I can't take someone who willingly fills his helm up with blood that seriously with it sloshing around like a retard all over the place. He's just as much a pawn as everyone else in that world.

This game kicks ass, only slightly less great of a Metroidvania than Hollow Knight. People shitting on it are guaranteed faggots who need to git gud, it's not going to hold your hand like Shitstained does.

Anyone have a link to the digital comic? Apparently it actually explains who the fuck that lady at the end is

I wouldn't shit on it if not for the erroneous glitches. For a metrovania that's mostly platforming the controls aren't as tight as they should be. Jumping onto ledges and ladders should be pixel perfect. Sometimes it feels like luck that you jumped a gap correctly. And ladders are worse.
Also the backtracking. That's another problem. Yes, backtracking is nothing new to this genre but with how heavy the platforming is, it's very tedious.

Thanks! I kinda never went left after I got to that platform part

It's not perfect, but too many fags on steam are acting like it's all style and no substance and that's not fair

>slightly less great of a Metroidvania than Hollow Knight
Blasphemous has no variety when it comes to abilities/skills. Nearly nothing you unlock is actually important and there is no sense of progression. That's why I beat half the bosses first try I think.

Oh, fuck off.
Instant kills spikes are stupid, especially when the character's aerial control are dogshits. Can't count how many times I fell to my death because somehow despite half my sword touching the wall plank game decided to not register it as contact.
Quests are fucking dogshits and you plainly can't complete most of them without a guide.
Build variety exists, that's about all you can say about it
Backtracking is a fucking chore because of the instant death traps, and the absolutely shit placement of fast travel points.
Finished the game, got the bad ending (like everyone else who played the game blind) and I probably won't touch it again.

Salt and Sanctuary is better and that one is even a proper metroidvania with proper powerups.

It's only problem is lol no map.

I think a big part of it is that Hollow Knight and Ori and the Blind Forest were an entry to the genre for a lot of people, and movement in those games are fast and fluid, with the difficulty curve being based on your mastery of those movement abilities as you go (Mastering new ones, using them together etc.)
If those are the big platforming games you've played suddenly that's going to look like an essential part of any platformer, and if that's what you liked about those two games then the vast majority of platformers will fall short, because that's simply not what they're about or what they're designed to be.
And then suddenly those subjective opinions become objective facts, and here we are yet again

Honestly there's very little substance. The only bosses I died at in the entire game were the lady of the charred visage and the endgame duel. Even then they took me at most 3 tries. Its like they saw all the praise given to Hollow Knight for its simple jump/wack combo that they forgot all the movement tech you get as the game goes on. Because you get no actual additional tech the bosses don't feel like they progress at all and feel very samey

Its an okay game but don't give it much credit beyond the presentation, which is worth it enough for one playthrough

Well It's not that great apart from the art style, soundtrack and DEEP LORE user, I mean I wouldn't call it bad, but it's not the second coming of Christ either, also this
Takes less than 15 hours to finish blind, half of those is just you going back and forth between areas for the tenth time because you missed a jump by a pixel, to get a useless bead you won't even touch or because you missed something essential to progress.
>Instant kills spikes are stupid,
Nah user you're just salty.

Attached: 1221027021390199.jpg (751x751, 70K)

>Its like they saw all the praise given to Hollow Knight for its simple jump/wack combo that they forgot all the movement tech you get as the game goes on. Because you get no actual additional tech the bosses don't feel like they progress at all and feel very samey
Agreed. The skills being very situational and straight up useless (charge attack) don't help either.

What's the righteous riposte?

don't tell me i have to ride the lift every time to fight this crisanta cunt?

Wouldn't that kinda kill the entire story/lore they've built up? You only kill saints right?

I don't know why you would limit that observation to HK and Ori. Nearly every other metroidvania/metroid-like has prominent movement upgrades that recontextualize the world and the way you fight in interesting ways beyond just making blood platforms appear in select places or making you jump higher in water.

>Nah user you're just salty.
You're god damn right I'm salty when I get punished by the game for not starting my jump less than 50 centimeters from the platform's edge, and when I can clearly see my character's feets landing on the platform but still falling because apparently part of the ground is made of cloud.

Just parry the cunt user, and jump/evade when she lunges.

If you think this is bullshit you're in for a treat.

Yep. But she's not that hard. Parrying alone will get you 75% of the way there. Then you just pray she's not in the mood to launch a fucking dozen unpunisheables charge attacks that basically lock you into a slow as fuck parry sequence for a full minute before the boss fight starts again.

As a spaniard it's a bummer they didn't. But I understand dubbing is expensive and English dub would be more lucrative.

Still, a good Spanish dub would be nothing but appropiate for this game.

this is some serious mental gymnastics; fluid/responsive movement mechanics are an essential criterion for quality in metroidvanias and augment one's enjoyment. blasphemous falls short on that whereas HK and ori do not

Is there a cutscene or any special dialogue for getting all the cherubs to the bull? I'm missing 2 and there's just no fucking way I'm gonna backtrack through all of them.

This. The whole discussion about wether this game is anti christian or christian is just dumb. It celebrates the spanish catholic culture and aesthetics from outside, and there's much to appreciate there without getting into belief itself.

Nevermind I found a vid on it.

I was kinda hoping it'd be a bossfight or something. I thought both the Egg and the Painting would've been side-bosses

the charge attacks are obnoxious, holy shit

>have a nice enough parry move
>more than half your bosses are floating sprites that just launch projectiles at you
>the one that utilized it the most was a bitch with dogshit voice acting
FOR
FUCKS
SAKE

>Bones have unique names so you can easily look them all up(not that anyone is actually cataloging any of this shit in searchable text to begin with)
>The skin they give is arguably more useful than the dumb prayer

So without too many spoilers, if possible
I'm approaching the end of the game and I still haven't figured out how to trigger those bramble things that are blocking some ways, and I don't know what to use the hair ball egg thing for

Are those side things that I have to keep searching for, or will I just stumble on them as I keep going with the main sequence? I just beat Weekend at Bernie's and have the sense I'm closing in on the end of the game

Also hilarious that the dumb cinematic takedown system was never actually used on any of them, meaning literally all it was used for is wasting your time on trash enemies that you could kill ten times faster without it, just for a miniscule boost in good boy points

How do I use those flying embers everywhere? And what happenes in the empty cell in Phrohibitions?

egg goes in the flaming tree in the mountains boss room

Put the hairy egg in the tree where you first fought Esdras' sister, leave screen, come back and give it to the guy in the fountain. Enjoy new branches.

Does anyone have a list of where all the bones are? I'm missing like three and apparently the phalanx of arthur the sailor isn't where the giant map says it is

I wonder if there's still any hidden shit in this game. As mentioned, I never found any purpose for that one empty cell in the game.

Arthur's bones are in a blacked out area you can slide into in one of the big buildings inside the wasteland of the buried churches. It's past a jump over some spikes.

Honestly I think there are no more secrets in the game and those are there for DLC/content update purposes.

Based on shit I read diagonally in these threads, an NPC is supposed to be in the cell, maybe it's the guy kneeling next to the whipped lady if you kill her.

I wish there were more like non-enemy manifestations of the miracle like the whipping lady.

I don't think anyone is going to be willing to replay this game to confirm that

It's true, if you kill the whipgirl the guy will go to the cell.

fighting the final boss; i really dislike how getting hit by one lightning strike is a death sentence. you're just stunlocked into every further one. i'm sure i have some gud to be gitting, but it just doesn't feel fair at all

Is this "The Dream"? Is the salt ocean with the statue also the dream? What the fuck is the dream?

Attached: 1568138966_174_900x.jpg (900x506, 47K)

Nice

Attached: 20190917101115_1.jpg (1920x1200, 345K)

Anyone know of the differences between making offerings to our lady of the perpetual agony and releasing her from the pain of existence ?

Damn this zone looked dope

Attached: bls1-1-1024x587.jpg (1024x587, 78K)

Can't say if the old treedude was better than the new one

Attached: osJ3ZUJ.gif (639x440, 1.6M)

Making an offering give you a skill to turn you invincible for a few seconds during a fight.

It's got some major flaws, but the arstyle, presentation and atmosphere really makes up for them imo.

Not only that, but after you bless the egg (how were you supposed to know to bless it) you can find a new rosary where that 3-headed NPC was (why would you ever go back there)

That's good to know, at least, since it's the last rosary knot I need

Oh no I meant rosary bead, not knot.

You get 1 knot from the healder in town and 1 from the pilgrim, the other 4 you find in the world

Hey thanks user, I guess you need to do multiple offerings then because I didn't get anything.

It's a reference to their first game the last door. Play season 2 first for truly kino

How can i pick the chest in the elevator part in Archicathedral Highs?

that is the dream, the artbook says so.

What i do with the grial in the poluted part?

Yea Forums should definitely stop playing/liking this game. It looks pretty anti-christian from what I've glimpsed.

How do I get the item in the shrine behind the closed gate at the top of the peaks elevator shaft

now i feel stupid for completely forgetting about parry mechanic and beating all bosses without using it at all

What's the Righteous Riposte?

Attached: ED8rzdyUUAAuch0.jpg large.jpg (1000x848, 87K)

I somehow got the final Mea Culpa in one shot.
Jesus fucking christ that was a goddamn ordeal

Heresy thread made by heretics.

Parry, then press attack right as your riposte lands. It'll flash red when done correctly and you get a guaranteed execution if you kill with it.

Like most of the game, mechanically worthless artist masturbation

>that room
I died in the same exact spot like ten times
and all of the guilt fragments were stuck down on the spikes

I'm at 90% completion and I didn't know this. Nor that you can slide down ladders holding down+A. Wow.

What do you get by finding all cherubs ?

It's not a mechanic that's really necessary to get by, and they never really go into it beyond passing mention. Same thing for holding down when you slash something mid-air for extra hangtime.

You get a prayer that summons Cherubs that orbit you and attack things. Not mindblowing, but it can be helpful.

What's wrong with the tube in Super Metroid?

My map kept insisting I hadn't visited the far left on that room yet, so I went back there for completion's sake.
Don't know if it's intentional or just yet another map bug though

Is this game worth buying? I thought the consensus was that it was a disappointment but I keep seeing generals pop up.

Attached: 46829DB1-8FE4-41D4-8944-C2C67288630E.jpg (773x784, 386K)

People want to talk about it because as mixed as the reception is we're all playing it anyway because it looks great

>Got around to finishing bone collection
>Was only missing one
>It was one of the first ones, close to Albero
feels good

Attached: ent-ryan-gosling-cc-smile-453019252.jpg (554x416, 28K)

Combat's responsive outside of the occasional weird slip-up with the hitboxes
Backtracking is a pain in the ass due to a lack of movement speed and fast travel locations, but I don't think this is absolutely game-breaking, there's decent shortcuts all over the place

It's more of a Ghosts and Goblins kind of game than any soulsborne, outside of the bonfire/flask system, so take that as you will.

There's some pretty tense moments that are fun, and the bosses are a visual delight, though it could do with adding a couple more to really fill things out

Art and visuals are absolutely amazing

It's honestly pretty good, in my opinion. Worth a playthrough, enough to figure if you enjoy it enough to go balls-deep for a 100% playthrough. There's a few quibbles and problems but nothing that's made me really put the controller down and switch to another game aside from one aggravating side quest near the end of the game

What's the reward for it ?

Didnt have any problems with ladders myself, probably because I've played plenty of shitty platformers where the sprite refuses to grab on to the edge of the ladder, so my brain assumed its the same in Blasphemous, always aimed the trajectory so I would land in the middle of of the ladder.

Too bad the spike traps are still bullshit.

A skin, which I'm using because it looks better than the default but isn't as gaudy as the DLC skins

Is it made of bones ? Pics ?

It was a letdown for sure but the game itself it's fine enough if you can ignore some oddities in the gameplay and game design. I'd wait for a sale. Death's Gambit was also a huge disapointment but I was able to finish it, this one I'm still on the fence and mostly because the character feels like slipping on ice after landing on any platform.

All the skins are just recolors

Attached: fVvH7CJ.png (2560x1440, 75K)

That's why they're called skins and not extra characters.

>Wearing a slightly physically different set of armor makes you another person
Are you retarded?
Do we have to start referring to Samus as "power suit girl" and "varia suit girl"?

>can't handle the platforming segments
Guess I'll never finish it.

It's disappointing if you expect a metroidvania, which it isn't really. More an action platformer.
You don't gain new moves that open up areas, you fight shit and get a key. I guess you get an item to navigate through poison and jump properly in ankle high water, if you want to be picky.

fuck you

Why does ten piedad have such an underwhelming name? Everyone else has titles like exhumed archbishop or of the anointed legion and piedad just sounds like a dad who ate ten pies.

>christian
>culture

>that armpit hair

gross

How many pies can your dad eat? Ten is a lot of fucking pies, it's pretty impressive

Is this Christian or Catholic? I thought it was Catholic, with the shame and penance and sorta mexican feel

It just means have mercy. And he’s like one of the first bosses you fight

>Let's put a corpse right next to the pendulums

Some of these design decisions are just them being dicks

nice bait lad

Tbh, that's the second time I used parries on a boss.
Most bosses either 1) cut through parry/negates and pushes back hard after parry or 2) are too fast for parry and it's better to dodge.
Good job, dude.

I killed my first boss, ten piedad, and that made mw think if theres a recommended order to beating the bosses as it took me a few tries

Attached: 1526542339598.jpg (205x246, 13K)

If you mean easiest to hardest in terms of the Visage bosses, there is
Ten Piedad's the first and easiest

>arrow in the knee

heh, I get that reference

>too fast for parry
No such thing

Not really but if you speak to tree dude make sure the next boss you kill is /ourlady/

>Big rival fight
>Best boss in the game
>Still only a 6/10 intensity and takes maybe three tries if you're developmentally disabled, any other game would have this as the first encounter of several, and a good one would have harder shit than that in the tutorial
Oh, I get it
The penitence was meaningless, and none of it paid off, just like life
D-deep game bro, really got me

Attached: 124y7785.jpg (645x773, 192K)

>phalus of authur

The green cone head guy is fucking huge.

is there anything in the game that can prevent a 100% run?

Yes. Something about the tree guy and killing the flagellant lady.

kek

Anyone have that 100% map?

Attached: 1437040417814.jpg (394x477, 57K)

>spanish devs
>game dubbed and written in english
>only a couple of names in latin and spanish
>ignoring this: "Hablo en italiano con los embajadores; en francés, con las mujeres; en alemán con los soldados; en inglés con los caballos y en español con Dios"
Vergüenza para España.

why was it so easy?

i went into bosses going "oh shit im gonna be stuck on this for a while" only to end up beating them on the first or second try

it was just disappointing and didnt do the bosses justice compared to how cool they looked...

>Buy this super awesome move that can only be triggered after 4 succesful attacks for ONLY 20 000 tears, Penitent One !
>What do you mean every enemy in the game either die in two hits or won't let you hit them four time in a row anyway ?

So what's the verdict on this thing? I want to get it, but Hollow Knight sort of ruined indie gaming for me, being so expansive and complete for only $10. Is this game really worth 25 American burger bucks?

Hollow knight has a lot more content.

It's less good than Hollow Knight but it's worth one playthrough done half-assedly without caring too much about sidequests.

Hollow Knight is Blasphemous for babies.

Is that why it's better at everything ?

Is there a way to deal with the demon beds without getting hot by the fireball?

Attached: 1861035208_preview_blasphemousmap_07.jpg (9338x3188, 2.3M)

thanks

I didnt understand secret ending

Whatever the fuck was Ten Piedad ? Why does he looks like that ? Why is he where he is ? Why is he hostile to you ? Why was any boss hostile to you ? Why are some humans giants ? Why does the final boss basically lets you kill him by making platforms appears ? Who puts all the cherubs in cage ? Why was the Brotherhood or Sorrow eradicated ? How the fuck was I supposed to know the statue wouldn't reveal a secret passage unless I equipped the toes on my rosary ?

>Why was the Brotherhood or Sorrow eradicated ?
Miracle went wild

Guilt not showing up on the map and I forgot where I died. Fuck.

just go to a statue and pay to get rid of it. You didn't destroy all the statues yet, right?

Fuck.

Attached: 1556153158034.gif (200x200, 1.57M)

just beat one of the bosses, doesn't that expiate the guilt?

The game is literally "Catholic art EVIL". It's not celebrating it

Attached: F9934693-BC84-460C-8A77-8AF937B6B8FC.png (1182x1370, 961K)

>How the fuck was I supposed to know the statue wouldn't reveal a secret passage unless I equipped the toes on my rosary ?
Considering the toes are the only way to gofast in this game, anyone who doesn't have them on at all times is retarded.

To answer your other questions, this game does not have the lore backing of most souls-likes. Anything not directly explained was just "the miracle did it"

Attached: -fdfkbdX3TeeT9JrJ0tKDQ0hCJY=.gif (480x360, 1.14M)

For the literal hours of backtracking and running around getting the items you need to get both this and the cherub prayer.

It really wasn't fucking worth it. I expected like a whole new area.

If nothing else, this game is a big playable Goya picture and that's enough for me.
Holy shit the artbook is some gorgeous shit.

Yeah but Hollow Knight has about as much art style as a grey wall. It may have really cool gameplay mechanics, but it's so dull looking. I remember getting halfway through Hollow Knight and I didn't even want to progress anymore because everything looked so ugly.

>There's 3 "Sons of the Miracle" that are super special with their Penance, are seen as god-like and respected as such, that need to be killed to get past a gate to the Mega-church
No, the 3 dudes are the corpses you kneel before to get access to the floating skulls, the bosses guard the entrance to them. The floating skulls/corpses don't die, they just fuck around.
>Then there's the King of all the Bawww who runs the kingdom and caused the huge ash dust storm that nuked the land(?)
The pope wanted to get Miracle'd, so he became a fuckhueg tree ("I see everything from the highest point of the dried tree in which the Miracle has reincarnated me." / "I feel my blood turning into black sap, and my aged skin into reddish bark.") which burned down ("I burn from the inside out, and my smoke is a fog that conceals everything."), hence the ash mountain that caused a lot of other people to also get Miracle'd. After you kill him, you stab yourself so you can pass over to "the other side of the Dream" and cut off the Miracle, but you get rejected ("There is no place for the Penitent One on the other side of the dream. His place is here, among us.") and become a tree, containing the Miracle and becoming the new pope.

I wonder if MC can project himself like pope did.
They can still re-use him as a DLC character and justify getting new powers too.

The library is genuinely unsettling.

Tell me about the player character. Why does he wear the mask and why were all of his fellow mask wearers dead

For me i fought the bosses slightly difficult because im a shitter at 2d action games but it was always more annoying to go through the areas then find out the boss wasn't that scary.

Not ghost and goblins, but it does feel like a retro action platformer with a metroidvania level structure more than a pure metroidvania t󠛡b󠛡h. I do like it since I was never a big metroidvania fan but I can see how the backtracking can get tedious.

the mask of penitence symbolizes the virtuous path of redeeming oneself of sin, transcending the ego of the self and becoming part of all things. the dead are the impious, unable to overcome their sin