Makes spys seethe

>Makes spys seethe

Attached: homewrecker.png (250x190, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QkZLJeQ1Nhc
youtube.com/watch?v=8ZqNe5Iz0Tc
youtube.com/watch?v=JqaI5LhNalk
youtube.com/watch?v=OXqzL_iFXj8
youtube.com/watch?v=GexxPKwZS5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=MLPkKZS6q9k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Implying they don’t want you to turn away from them

Give me good reasons not to use the scorch shot.

>damage wise it's better than the detonator if you double hit the burning target, AOE is miles better as well
>damage is close to the regular flare gun with double htis for christ sake

beside cool deto-jumps (which takes far too much HP unless you have your tranny medi gf), i dont' see any secondary that is better than the scorch shot

and the best part?

>makes EVERYONE SEETHING

Attached: pyro.webm (640x360, 380K)

It’s useful for clearing stickies too.

>Remove random crits!
>I shouldn't have to get good and learn to dodge!
>I like walking predictably!
>Hitscan bad because I'm bad!

Attached: 1568363508059.jpg (800x800, 96K)

Sniper should not crit on headshot unless his charge is at 100%.

If one professional Sniper is on the enemy team and gets 120+ points in a game where the average is ~40, the team with this guy will always always win.

>Just countersnipe.
That not only FORCES you to play a class you're disinterested in playing as, but you'll have to basically be able to outplay the guy that devoted himself to playing as him for 6k hours. If you don't have another Sniper main in your team to take him on, well, you better be ready to see that loss screen.

>What do then?
The problem with Sniper is that, if he peaks at you for a half second, you take 150 damage no buts no ifs. There is NOTHING you can do to react to this class, and it's quite bad that he's the only one that has this matchup perk.

Now, if Sniper could only headshot when fully charged, then he would still be the long-range class-picker he is, and it would severely make him more interesting to play; Do you go for the secured bodyshot damage and hope your team picks your target off, or do you expose yourself a little longer and risk being seen to go for the guaranteed kill?

Then, Sniper would be perfectly fair to fight against in all scenarios, given that since he could only instakill you if and only IF he hid from your gaze for a minimum of three seconds, he has the right to pick you off given that he genuinely outplayed you. This is another problem of Sniper; he is a direct upgrade to Spy. Where Spy has to risk himself to get a clean pick, Sniper can currently do the job immediately and from a secure distance with absolutely no risk. The keyword is that: RISK. Spy is high reward, high risk, but current Sniper is high reward, low risk.

Not to mention it would be a light nerf to all aimbot hacks.

Attached: 350pxSnipertaunt2.png (350x481, 168K)

literally just dont walk predictably. how bad are you? are you a shitter heavy main?

It doesn't matter how autistically you walk around, a good Sniper will ALWAYS get you

t. heavy main
if you get hit by a sniper ever youre trash

I can't, becaue you're right. I'm just mad I still don't have the scorch shot.

>poorfag

Attached: file.png (250x228, 39K)

>Give me good reasons not to use the scorch shot.

I can't really. it basically the bread and butter of every single pyro primary.
it only sucks if you use degreaser, but paired with axestinguisher, its ludicrously good for juggling.

if you think walking unpredictably is strafing, the sniper can simply wait until you change directions, and head shot you.

its ridiculously easy to head-shot once you practice a bit.

>damage is close to the regular flare gun with double htis for christ sake

it deals half damage even if you hit twice with minicrits. Flair punch still has a niche, scorch is better for afterburning or juggling.

you must play with bad players if you've never run into an approaching aimbotting sniper.

>he bought that item
lol

Dude that thing is like dirt cheap, 17 cents.

shotgun will always be the best secondary of all time and nothing will ever change this

Consistently headshotting good players, esp scouts and medics, is harder than anything spy does

more difficult execution=bigger pay off

nice job proving how awful you are
cant even predict hitscan lmao

>more difficult execution=bigger pay off

if you allow skill gap to grow so much you'll just have one aim-bot approaching guy dominate all game.

>Its bad to allow for skilled players to do well
holy seething shitter. if youre good at the game you deserve to dominate. get over yourself, compfag

>if youre good at the game you deserve to dominate.

Why?

Thats happened before

youtube.com/watch?v=QkZLJeQ1Nhc

I miss being good at sniper, I used to pug with bloodsire and some other lads back when lobby was a site and the PUG scene was kickin

>hits everything
>misses heavy

EVERY
TIME

Attached: fucking idiot.png (673x473, 408K)

>When you're so used to flicking for scouts the heavy movespeed works in his favor

W A N K E R S

Do you actually think that's wrong?

What if the better team is on red, and they're only marginably better? They should just win because they spent more time playing?

I'm asking because blue is supposed to win most of the time, just so the game goes faster. because its fun.

It's literally not okay when the skill-gap evolves so much it completely and utterly invalidates an entire character in a game that is still as played as TF2 is. I'm ALL for good players being able to dominate, but Sniper's extension to do so is too fucking extreme to be justified. Sniper has it way too good, regardless of how hard it is to click heads consistently.

Stop posting this everywhere

>dude just strafe

>What if the better team is on red, and they're only marginably better? They should just win because they spent more time playing?

if you're not shitposting, yes. the team who does better and has more experience should win. which provides experience for the losers who might get better by working through their mistakes, so next time they might win. if one ultra good sniper with a shit team wrecks a good team with a shit player
something is wrong and they need to cooperate better

>the team who does better and has more experience should win.
Even if thats less fun for everyone involved? you would rather have players get meaningless wins instead of the game evolving or continuing?

What if there was a machine that could determine whose team was better, would you like the game ending automatically when it determined which was best?

>pyro is guarding the engie
>still manage to backstab him and sap all his shit
>pyro gets to unsap it because reasons

There really is no defense against a top tier sniper, but its so fucking hard to hit that peak they don't really show often, same as a god tier demo or soldier that just lands every pipe and airshot

youtube.com/watch?v=8ZqNe5Iz0Tc

Man I miss old tf2 so much, what a fucking great game

Because fuck spy

yeah spy should just be able to kill everything and everyone without anything stopping him >:C

it's not about raw ability, but performance
the better players perform better, but are prone to mistakes just as much as anyone else.
the reason blu is meant to win is by design. both teams get a chance to be blu team so the better performing team will be able to set a better clear time/get further
surprise plays and gimmicks still can catch experienced players off guard regardless of their ability, no one is robotically good at the game.
but in terms of raw merits, the team that has a better strategy, more cohesiveness, the flexibility to adapt to the opposing team's strategy, and better raw ability is the one that should win 100% of the time, they just played better than the other team.

Your opinion about sketchek and his clones?

Then you have no excuse, poorfag.

How is denying or obtaining a 17 cent purchase turning into a status quo to being poor or rich.
What third world country are you from?

Disciplinary Action is the best Soldier melee

Attached: 1.png (837x956, 325K)

I prefer the Escape Plan.

is there a way to make pyro's flames smaller?

Attached: 1567209712705.gif (640x480, 301K)

WELL FUCK YOUR PREFERENCE!

Attached: 1568684817137.png (228x285, 144K)

I can play a good huntsman sniper. I can top the board. But there should only be 1 sniper. And XxLegolasxX is always gonna take that and be awful.

The flare gun is the superior pyro choice.

Most public games, both teams are garbage and have garbage comps.

>whip demoman
>thanks me for it

Attached: laughing genie man.png (526x376, 430K)

>when you're on 10hp running away at scout speed for a health pack and you bhop round a corner and crit someone

>The flare gun is the superior pyro choice.

Attached: 1459542600870.png (638x480, 349K)

just get a South American with shit internet to be your team's sniper

Inferior to the Flare Gun in terms of damage and The Detonator in terms of mobility options.

What do?

Attached: buttons 2.png (1223x1143, 179K)

>be shit at tf2 and playing casual
>annoying as fuck scunt keeps meatshotting me every time
>check his profile to see if he's cheating
>compfag with 7000 hours, bio is listing all the lans he's been to and item showcase full of his 1st place 6v6 medals
>go gunslinger engie just to fuck with him
>dominate him
>he switches to demo just to try and get revenge
>hide behind the front line of my team playing lame as fuck just taking pot shots at him whenever he's distracted
>he starts getting tunnel vision and running at me whenever he sees me which results in him dying even more to my teammates
>i keep running away and healing
>stay dominating him the rest of the match
>hit him with a gg ez
>he rages
>leave the game so he can't get me
i'm a faggot but it felt good

Gold

Attached: 176.png (532x582, 347K)

gold no question. TF2 doesnt need any more updates if a third one would be coming out.

anyone who says silver is gay

Gold just to watch tradefags have a fucking meltdown.

Attached: 1564213635502.png (729x408, 405K)

Silver

Attached: 1559936836919.png (1906x1080, 1.27M)

While true, the Pyro already has a fantastic tool for that range; why not give yourself more utility with the flare gun?

>spy
>killing anything

Attached: pyro.gif (566x299, 2.22M)

seething engiqueer

I've said for years that having something small like a weapon change or a new map every month or so would keep things interesting. Red for the win.

>pyro has a fantastic tool for that range
flamethrower is was and always will be a joke. shotgun a best

Gold has 0 downsides

fuck spys. They deserve to burn.

The flamethrower's damage is pretty mediocre. It actually loses out to the shotgun as well as most other primaries. Flares are also very bad at actually killing things outside of flare punching.

If I get a guarantee the game will come out within the next four years, then Gold. If not, then probably Red

I miss pubbing stories like this. It just doesn't happen with matchmaking

>nigger sapping mah wife!

Attached: Base_Metal_Billycock.png (725x734, 268K)

>Guns you down
>Spycrabs away

Attached: Revolver_IMG.png (600x291, 123K)

He said he was playing casual in the first line so clearly it does happen with matchmaking

>hide teleporter exit at start of map
>payload moves past it and they begin spawning at second spawn
>build tele entrance and quicly jag lvl 3 sentry
>teleport to their spawn and put it down
>after it gets destroyed half their team chase me round the map while I spam voice lines
>rinse and repeat

Attached: 1566649468513.png (554x400, 66K)

>Play spy
>Regularly get to fuck over medics, demos, snipers and other spies
>Regularly get to distract enemies so my team can attack objectives
>All while using the stock loadout
Cry more

Attached: 1551158655813.png (650x650, 10K)

I miss her so much bros

Attached: 1567188917304.png (700x567, 231K)

>not setting up a lvl 3 sent at their later spawns to force an instant win

Attached: 1542031074755.gif (250x277, 1.88M)

>spy walks out disguised
>saps sentry

Blue seems like an obvious choice if you arent a zoomer

>not already doxxing all their spies as you place the sent
Never gunna make it.

>name a better secondary
the jetpack, why spam for annoy damage when you can just easy modo rocket jump behind them and kill them in 1 second with the backburner
i top score all the time doing that

Ahem

Attached: pyro homewrecker.jpg (733x733, 60K)

>tf3 gets made
>with the dota 2 ip

Because that only works if you're playing against abject retards.

>spy using the cheat
>I know how to deal with it so kill him every time
>turn on my own cheat just to know where he's gonna be next time he spawns so he can't get my team either
>casually say "sigh I wish this game didn't have so many new players :/ they don't know how to play spy..."
>I have a furry avatar
>spy leaves
this game is literally only fun anymore to mine salt

I wish I had a backburner otherwise this is exactly what I'd do all the time.

works on my machine

no it doesnt

Thoughts on Miss Pauling?

Attached: tumblr_n7cae6NogK1r4134ko6_250.gif (250x241, 1.33M)

i wish they would fix the bug that makes one of her voicelines play everytime you spawn on a community server

Most retarded balancing idea ever. Should just disable the damage element of the Sapper but still keep the building shut down, or drastically slow the damage component of the Sapper while reactivating the building.

Only Engineers should be able to unsap.

the scorch shot makes the phlog viable

Has a big BUTT

Flares better, I like to just ping scouts out of existence.

Very good at eating hotdogs

Make the dead ringer's invisibility time be based on your remaining health. The less health you have, the longer it lasts. Also make the uncloak sound work similarly.

If the bi-yearly updates are also retroactive, then blue. If not, then gold. Red is just a shittier version of blue unless you huff paint as a hobby and actually think Valve would ever make a decent sequel, and gold would probably cause a domino effect that might lead to Valve making more sequels.

Blue. TF3 would never match the spirit of the original

Only change the DR needs is to be able to pick up metal to regain cloak again, but at a large penalty (say 60% less cloak gained from metal) and none at all from building gibs (to prevent the feign spam from before).

>he dies to spies
holy fuck actually get good
spy is easily the worst class in the game, you have no excuse for getting backstabbed or even shot

Attached: 1568559693339.jpg (720x687, 67K)

>not learning how to use detonator jumps in a fight
people really don't expect a pyro to suddenly be in their face in a quick burst like the det lets you
>HAHA GET FUCKED LMAO I'M OVER HERE AND YOU'RE OV-
>WHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRR OH NO HELP ME TEAM I'M ON FIRE

I don't. I'm just tired of them running around the corner as the heavy is rolling so he can sap my machines out of commission.

Blue

Red is litterally what we have at the moment.
Blue would be nice, but I don't want to avoid tf3 all together.
Gold Seems nice, but I'm not sure if I can trust valve to actually make tf3. Imagine all the dumb shit like meet your match being built directly into tf3.

Silver is just retarded.
If valve ever makes tf3, and don't update tf2. They need to let the community fix the game.

The Dead Ringer just makes the spy unkillable without devoting at least 2 people to chase him down, instead of being a tool used to deceive the enemy into thinking they've killed spy.

One pyro can also just airblast spam him in a corner. It's not a particularly good use of your time or ammo but it makes spy players so asshurt that I will always do it.

>When they hit their suicide bind

Revolver is hella underrated.

>predictably

Source Engine hitboxes are very predictable. Scouts actually believe them double jumping around in a different direction will make them avoid a good sniper from getting headshot. They're proven wrong time and time again.

Adding fanfiction characters into the game was a fucking stupid idea.

>instead of being a tool used to deceive the enemy into thinking they've killed spy.

because it never works and there is no reason to believe a spy is dead. ESPECIALLY when you can check the upper screen and it will show you if he died or not.

DR feigns that too, but it really should last the length of a full respawn or until the spy kills someone.

I'm only learning now, a decade later, that this is how crits work.

Attached: 1553264612488.png (1719x236, 49K)

>makes spies seethe

Attached: scoot.png (750x786, 168K)

There's no reason not to use the scorch shot, it even comes with its own small det jump (good enough for getting on E on Steel before the ramps are down)

hitscan sucks

i want to go back to the moment where hats weren't a thing and the game wasn't f2p yet

I hate the matchmaking update, casual matchmaking ruined pubs.I miss staying for a long time in maps that I liked, I miss quick autobalances after several stomps, I miss people not ragequitting because they are stuck with retards for 2 rounds so why even bother.

Casual matchmaking has a stupid competitive frame when pubs were never about MUH WINS but eventually getting a good tema synergy going, which takes way longer than 2 mere rounds in a pub environment.

>DR feigns that too,
I don't think it does unless they changed that.

Because you lose direct killing power by not having the Shotgun. Scorch is really really fucking dumb though.

hats are fine

Fucking this. Casual matchmaking really leads to some fucking short matches most of the time where one side is extremely over powered. Plus, there are some maps that are just not in the roster and now impossible to even find. I really want to play on Hydro at least once, and dustbowl. I'm not a newfag but I arrived too late to get the achievement for playing on all the original maps.

even though i played to win almost all the time being on the same server and socializing with people who stayed there was comfy as hell. i lost a lot of interest with this update.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-28 22.19.13.png (157x207, 52K)

honestly I feel like this is pretty rose tinted.
Matches seem a lot better lately, and you never get any retarded turtling, except for last points.

I didn't meant to say that the goal of pubs wasn't winning, but it really requires more than 2 rounds to get a little organization in the teams, for people to figure out that it's retarded to have this setup of classes, and so on. Best of 2 rounds is more suited for teams of already established players. It was also nice in the old Valve pubs to switch out of your team voluntarily because you hated the 5 engineers turtling forever, or having a different experience after a scramble and suddenly you and some pubstar who was getting a rivalry of sorts going with you, then you two are on the same team fucking things up, it was a great change of pace.

It's not. The amount of stomps is retarded, and due to the overly fixed teams, once a stop happens people tend to ragequit because they see it as a lost cause. There's too much importance on keeping teams nearly fucking fossilized which makes zero sense for pubs, but it does make sense for competitive teams.

It feels like casual MM was made by retards at Valve who completely fail to understand what old Valve pubs were about.

Attempting to shoehorn it into being something that will make people legitimately believe that they have killed the Spy using it, is a fool's errand, and Valve knows this. It's a getaway tool, nothing more, and trying to treat it any different will be fraught with failure.

How do I go to the magic dimension everyone else is in where pubs are enjoyable? I just tried five different matches in a row and all of them were the same old shit of interp abusers and script kids pubstomping.

Was filtering out CTF a meme?

Play 2fort servers exclusively.

The rifle should do only 25 damage, instead of 50, but get multiplied by 6 at maximum charge, instead of by 3.
So the maximum damage is the same, just enough to kill an overhealed Heavy, but the rampup works differently, so now an instant headshot does only 75 damage.
Other things which could potentially change in a reworking of Sniper include scoping speed, movement speed while scoped, reloading speed, and maximum extra ammo.

Oh, and charging speed.
I've also heard about giving Sniper a reverse falloff, so the rifle is useless if the enemy can actually get close enough to you.

Blue. Just because TF3 would begin production with gold doesn't mean it would ever get finished.

Sometimes I imagine poorfags eating dirt for dinner.

It should take two hits.

>Better than shotgun because it can travel greater distances
>better than flare gun and det because it can hit multiple targets and is much more forgiving with its aim
Only reason to not use it is in a pyro v pyro but that usually boils down to flamethrowers anyway

Red.

>timbersaw in a 3d shooter
I'd play it.

There are mods to change the visual effects.

So how would you buff Spy in a way that actually fits his character and current role?

extremely low skill ceiling. a dumbass and a pro look the same while using the weapon. you'll never get better at the game.

I agree

>pyro takes ski-

Attached: onehand.webm (634x332, 1.52M)

You dont need to.
just use cl_interp

Here's how I'd fix it. I like the idea of having the cloak length scale with health left. Then change the three seconds of afterburn immunity into total debuff immunity, (Or immunity to the enemy seeing the debuffs, but still suffering the effects) which could last for half of cloak time. Then everything that would indicate a dead enemy needs to work properly. Killing sounds, on-kill effects, etc, as well as making the scoreboard show the Spy is dead for the enemy team for the length of his cloak, as well as stuff like kill-count increasing. I know I always check to see if my kill-count has increased after I "kill" a Spy. If I had to wait five seconds, I'd probably forget about it.

give him a watch that doesn't turn him invisible but instead lets him walk through enemies. And let him taunt while disguised

>Footage from when flames were broken in Jungle Inferno
>Half of that WEBM was all one Uber push
>Other half was random crits

Incredible cherrypicking, retard. Try playing Phlog Pyro against a team that has a single functioning brain cell.

Attached: 2968371_Beast_Boy_Cyborg_DC_DCAU_Dick_Grayson_QueenComplex_Raven_Robin_Starfire_Teen_Titans(1).jpg (1612x1527, 231K)

where?

Attached: tumblr_nfzdgzx85t1r36jh7o1_1280.jpg (808x825, 158K)

Oh, and if it runs out of juice while he's in an enemy he gets telefragged

This would be pretty cookie to see. Give it a 'mimic' attack function and it'd be the most interesting weapon he has.

Though I think it would work better as a Disguise Kit, with the downside being +80% Cloak consumption rate.

Attached: 1474686202244.png (317x315, 47K)

cl_interp is dumb bullshit and should be set the same for everyone.

That thing gets mad crits, I love it. Giving enemy spies a speed boost for retreating, not so much.

That would definitely be cool, but that wouldn't "fix" Spy, since that would just be one cool weapon.
I do think, though, that Spy is the one class that is most buffed by having new weapons, even if he isn't using them.
It leads to the enemy needing to wonder weather or not he is using them.

if you cant avoid a snipers shot, youre genuinely a shitter
kys

Really can't, plus any flareguns in general are a must for Pyros if they want to harass opponents, as otherwise just standing outside his range is enough to make him completely useless/situational.

From my experience, a team with a sniper is immeasurably worse off for it unless he has aimbot. That player is better off using demoman or soldier. Snipers do not win games. Neither do spies.

Gold is a great choice if you want Overwatch with hats, because there's not a single way in hell that TF3 will ever match the spirit of TF2.

Honestly I think people should get crit protection a few seconds after they leave spawn (where they take regular damage instead of crit), too often you get people dying to accidental crits out of spawn and ending up waiting 25 seconds spectating after another 20 seconds isn't particularly fun.

>cl_interp is dumb bullshit
holy seething
found the shitter who doesnt use it

This is why blue is the best option
Red is what we already have now
Blue is what we had before 2014
Gold doesn't mean TF3 will ever be made, it just means they're making rough pitches, and no more TF2 updates will kill TF2
Silver is really nice, but would kill the game also

>people wanting to press Gold
>when knowing Valve, production will probabluy stop 2 weeks later

I DID NOT PAY THREE FUCKING THOUSAND DOLLARS JUST TO LET SOME WORTHLESS GIBUSVISION SCORE A LUCKY KILL ON ME AND USE MY GOD DAMN GOLDEN FRYING PAN. Just when I decided to leave this board and think things would get better for me, no, now this fucking shit happens. Now I'm going to be leaving the game entirely unless someone does the right thing, and makes a server pluggin that completely disables this new feature. This is the biggest fucking loadout of bullshit to ever have been dumped onto TF2. This makes EoTL look like a good update. I think it's safe to say all other gold pan owners, saxxy owners, and gold wrench owners agree with me 100%. IS NOTHING SACRED TO YOU PEOPLE? Suuuuuuuure people only are able to use the imbued weapons until someone kills them or they leave the server BUT EVEN THEN that is PLENTY of time for them to enjoy WHAT THEY DO NOT DESERVE. They didn't save money up for months. They didn't do hundreds of tours in MvM. They didn't make an amazing short film that earned them a saxxy award. They didn't get super fucking lucky and crafted a gold wrench. This is by far the single most unfair, inconsiderate, atrocious, move valve has ever fucking pulled. And it doesn't stop there, anyone who owns anything nice, something you hold dear to your heart. It could be something as simple as a specialized flaregun. Someone could just walk right along, pick it up, and use it against you. YOUR OWN WEAPON. How would you feel after getting blasted with your own pro ks aussie RL? or any other aussie for that matter? YOU'D FEEL LIKE SHIT. Now Imagine the situation I'm in. even if they killed someone else using MY pan, they do NOT deserve that kind of privilege upon scoring a melee kill.

Blue

>Sv_Pure removes fun silly mod skins
>Allows game-breaking mechanics

Attached: 0_pleasure.png (146x187, 18K)

Gold: TF3 wouldn't be good.
Silver: MyM reversal would be good but no updates kills the game.
Red: basically life support, would eventually kill the game
Blue: What we have now but better. This is the best one.

REMINDER THAT COMPFAGS (RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE SHIT NERFS LIKE CABER/STICKYJUMPER/BFB/SYDNEY SLEEPER/NATASCHA, MATCHMAKING CANCER, AND SV_PURE) ARE THE CANCER KILLING TF2

>cl_interp is gamebreaking

how bad are you?

Attached: 1568427569675.png (466x490, 24K)

how the fuck do you die to a sniper? you literally jump around, figure 8, and put walls between you and them. They can't hit you.

They're like the worst fucking class in the game.

Easily blue
There's no guarantee TF3 will be remotely good
I hate MyM, but silver's deal is a huge ripoff
Red is fucking nothing

i had more fun playing with a kangaroo court team that constantly looked for victims to kick over playing with compfags

As far as I'm aware, going back when you spot a sniper/laser sight and using an alternate route is more than enough to counter them. I've rarely died against snipers ever since I learned to do that, even playing as Soldier.

>Sneaking buffs
Spy can fake reload always.
Spy can toggle disguise or real speed.
Spawn wallhacks don't work on Spies.
Disguise animation bugs fixed.
First and third-person animations for disguising and for cloaking/uncloaking are synced.
No on-hit effects (Building rage by hitting cloaked Spy, for example) work on disguised or cloaked Spies unless they kill them.
Cloaked Spies near dispensers or Payload carts can heal, get revolver ammo, and recharge cloak meter with Stock watch regardless of current disguise.
>Spying buffs
Spy can see loadouts like he can see health and Uber meters. This includes weapons, ammo loaded, ammo stored, rechargeable meters, Rage meters, enemy heads, etc. Does not work on enemy Spies.
On the disguise kit HUD, Spy can see enemy team make-up, dead and alive.
When holding the disguise kit, Spy can see the outline of anyone he's disguised as. Does not work on enemy Spies.
>Pure gameplay buffs
Spy gets 20% damage resistance when disguised, just like when he’s cloaked.
Revolvers have quicker accuracy cool down. (1.25 sec to .87 sec?)
Sappers can be slid a short distance (Shift+M1) and can attach to buildings. Takes 1 second on placement and 4 seconds on slide to recharge. Can be broken on the ground and will attach to buildings placed near them. When a fourth is slid, the oldest on the gound will break, but not ones on buildings, like a sticky. Enemies walking over ones on the ground will have charging meters drained, like the Pomson, but will also drain rage, Sandvich, etc.

I never actually heard much about interp over the years, why is it good and how should I use it?

Don't forget that they're responsible for Spawn Wallhacks.

There's a few different ways that you could split it up.
>A revolver that just pops out a flag with the word "bang" on it, that lets him fake shoot while disguised but he can't use it to fight (or it just does reduced damage if that's too big of a drawback).
>A disguise kit that gives your disguises a random loadout of cosmetics (or your own) but disguises consume some cloak. Taunting while disguised should be a universal thing for spy, doesn't seem significant enough to justify slapping it on a single weapon.
>And again, a watch that lets you walk through enemies at the cost of not being able to go invisible. It should be a toggle like the DR, and it drains while making contact with an enemy. If it runs out while you're inside someone, you get gibbed.
I think the biggest problem with Spy right now is that a major part of his abilities involves convincing the other team that you're one them, but there are drastic differences between what a disguised spy can do and what a teammate can do, so the goal of these weapons are to kind of blur that line a bit and give the Spy more options for deception.

It's not. Retards think it makes getting Spy backstabs easier when in reality it just makes you lag the fuck all over the place and die randomly, occasionally getting a lucky kill thanks to fucked source lagcomp.

if you die to pyro, you fucked up
wm1 only works if the enemy has bad positioning or aim, since someone walking in a straight line should be an easy target
pyros die to two or three hits from every primary weapon and have the worst effective range in the game, and it's only mildly offset by flares, which still lose out to the consistency of hitscan due to being able to dodge projectiles at range
even spy, the class pyro "counters" has better range than him, due to the consistent damage of revolvers and numerous side-grades that directly counter pyros
pyro is a mediocre gimmick class at best, and only functions as a combat class if the enemy can't scrounge up two people to shoot at him simultaneously, or the whole team can't aim

it basically increases the time for stuff on your screen to register.

So like if you stab a guy in the back .5 seconds ago, and he turns on his screen. the server will say you stabbed him. increasing interp basically increases the delay, so people turning their back won't matter. You're essentially stabbing an after image.

>wm1 only works if the enemy has bad positioning or aim, since someone walking in a straight line should be an easy target
Also people complaining about Pyros don't realize you have to lead your flamethrower even at point blank because particles are extremely slow, it's incredibly difficult to hit a scout moving in an unpredictable fashion because of it for instance.

>defending m1
lmao also source?

I miss the old flame particles. leading people into them to do double damage was great. Specially when you're fighting enemy pyros. No fucking clue how the new ones work.

Sniper is the worst designed class in the game. Hes boring and unoriginal, the main gimmick being a broken head shot mechanic. Who thought it was a good idea to include a class who can insta kill 5 of the 9 classes in a game about movement and positioning?

Sniper is a massive area-denial tool you dumbshit. Of course it's a bit easier to survive when it's literally just you and him and you have the ability to flail around like a retard, but good luck fighting the enemy team like that. Source Engine is also fucking ASS at figuring out hitreg, so Snipers can make a quick estimate of where you'll be going depending on your last position and headshot you easier.

The good Snipers never fucking charge their rifles unless they see an overhealed Heavy. They'd rather quickscope at all times to avoid tunnel vision. Also, seeing the laser is never reliable as it's mostly visible only when it hits a flat surface like a wall, which depending on where you are, could be miles behind you.

It is the most linear playstyle in the entire game. How people get so mad and fail to attack it is so mind-boggling to me. Unless you're playing a shithole map like Dustbowl, actually donate your PC.

>Who thought it was a good idea to include a class who can insta kill 5 of the 9 classes in a game about movement and positioning?
The person who realized there is no counter to Medic + Soldier/Demo because Spies keep getting killed by rocket/sticky jumping.

No shit its linear, but its annoying.

Imagine if killing a scout before he shot you, but if his cursor was above you before dieing, you just eat a meat shot.

That's pyro.

Either bait or a brainlet but a high tier sniper breaks the game to the point where its impossible to not get headshot by them.

>one class countering 3 players is fine

Unironically get fucking good. Shoot the nigga. Most people who WM1 never ever use M2 so shouting airblast is no excuse.

For the revolver, I think a BANG gun would be great. When not disguised, it works like the stock revolver, but while disguised, you get 6 fake shots, with stuff like the minigun counting a shot as the same amount of time random crits last, you know? The time between shots is changed to fit the weapon faked, to Spy or his team members it's either a BANG gun or shoots confetti or wads of paper. While disguised, Spy cannot actually shoot for damage, cannot reload, and cannot cloak, as M2 will do extra things, like scoping. Which is a decent downside for such an immaterial upside.
It would especially be good for faking stickies while disguised as your team's Demo, then changing to be on their team, and waiting for one of them to try breaking them so you can sneak up and backstab them.
My idea for the watch is this: Slower cloak drain, but all sources of cloak give less, including L'etranger, as well as just recharging slower. Walking through an enemy, building, or projectile increases drain-rate substantially, and Spy will be gibbed if he's inside something when the drain finishes. Also makes a distinct sound a moment after exiting something that is louder based upon how long Spy was phasing.

Thats not the problem if he gets a free hit in by simply having 175 hp.

Let spy disarm people by forcing them to melee when he butterknives

youtube.com/watch?v=JqaI5LhNalk

oh boi here we go.

He has to get close to you. He is completely harmless until he gets 5 feet within your range. He doesn't have Flash fucking speed. The second you see him approach, simply press S and shoot him. Easy.

>B-But he flank me!!!

Pyro IS a flank class. If he flanked you, his kill STILL isn't secured, you STILL have a fighting chance, but you deserve to die.

People who die during the WM1 process are actual shitters. I'd complain more about airblasts or how genuinely broken using his shotgun is.

i use the shortstop on scout
am i a fag or based?

>He is completely harmless until he gets 5 feet within your range

Most good maps have a lot of tight corridors.

>People who die during the WM1 process are actual shitters.
thats not the problem, he just deals a butt load of unavoidable damage. Pyro vs pyro is a nightmare especially cause this .

Only on a gimmick weapon.
Spy's Saber. Sword range, 50% more damage. Hit enemies are forced to switch to melee and have a 100% penalty to their next weapon switch. No backstab.

based

That was the idea.
And he could parry melee swings with right click

pretty based if you do good

Win

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT WALL BUG IS ATROCIOUS

Crutch

That would be a big buff, even though he would be unable to cloak while holding his melee.
It would be more even if he always had a 100% penalty to switching from melee, so chickening out and trying to cloak away becomes impossible.

>shortstop
an ACTUAL based retard

For what exactly?

I like the shortstop but I think all of the knockback/push shit is unnecessary. I also loved the BFB before they dumpstered the speed retention.

>so chickening out and trying to cloak away becomes impossible.
personally I think that would be a nice little boon.
Just so you can disarm someone and then sneak away before they can pull their gun out.

maybe have it so you can block his attacks with your own attacks, and the swing speed isn't instantaneous like old knife.

I also don't think you'd need a switch speed debuff, losing backstabs is pretty huge. disarming someone isn't as horrible as death.

I knew the new flamethrower was fucked up, but not this bad.

For leaning on while laughing at shitter shattered spies

the engineer primarilly and the pyro for not spy checking well.
If an engy dies and his sentry is sapped, while both the pyro and engy are present, thats wholy on the fault of them.

It’s a shame you spend so much time reloading with it, those first few seconds where you have all your shots make me smile every time.

and the flailing example at the end is so true. I know they technically """fixed""" parkinson's pyro, but I still find it much more effective to shake my screen at people than to actually track.

>switch to demoman
>use loch n load
>destroy entire base within 5 seconds

It's almost as if the best TF2 players know to switch classes.

Being able to parry would be pretty huge, since it could mean a good Spy could destroy anyone else with melee, after forcing them to switch to melee.
Of course, while forcing duels would be the best part of the weapon, just running in and forcing an Ubered Heavy to use his fists would be something people would constantly rage about. At least this means it'll be harder to get out of there.

What if you can only disarm if you deal damage?

do you people ever stop? Even after all the nerfs you faggots still want to nerf the weakest class

>people still think sniper is unbalanced
literally just don't peak until sniper gets picked.

you have tons of options. sticky him. from around corners. get a buff and bomb him. snipe him. harass him. with scorch shot.

literally learn to tf2

The only players he would be destroying are engineers and retard medics who don't have their team right next to them. Every other class just wouldn't switch to melee, the competent ones anyways.

Who said anything about nerfs?
I just hate particles lingering.

you really notice this shit when you kill a phlog pyro.

>sticky him
He peaks you, quickscoped.
>From around corners
Quickscoped
>Bomb him
Air scoped
>Snipe him
Having to change to the same class isn't good balance, also he scopes you before you do him.
>harass him
Scout gets quickscoped

the upgrade would disarm people and force them to switch to melee user

That's why the weapon forces you to switch

>stop moving in a straight line
>dont get hit
wow that was hard!

get a load of this nerd

>literally just don't peak until sniper gets picked.
>don't leave spawn until you build uber bro

>stop moving in a straight line
>dont get hit
see this is your average sniper main.

Amba him
Oh wait... I'm sorry
>just learned about ambassador fate today

>Don't peek until Sniper gets picked
Nobody picks him
>Sticky Him
Get headshot the second you peek
>From around corners
Get headshot the second he peeks
>Snipe him
Get headshot the second both of you peek
>Harass him
Get headshot the second you attempt to approach him from the other side of the map
>Scorch Shot
*Laughs in Darwin's Danger Shield*

The problem, the ONLY problem is that he can headshot you in an instant. It's mechanically fucked. If he could ONLY headshot you with a full charge, it guarantees you three seconds to prepare to counter it, and overall slows Sniper's ridiculous picking potential

I got a genuinely good match with equally skilled teams the other day.
The server was full of furries

People are overeacting. its sentry range, if you're sniping with amby outside this range you shouldn't be playing spy.

also, why the fuck does everyone freak out about diamond back, when the amby hardly changed.

>all quickscopes
That's when you whip this baby out. This thing'll even stop hacking snipers, it doesn't give a shit.

Attached: file.png (250x212, 50K)

This.

Full charge headshots would balance sniper dramatically and also lower his skill floor for counter sniping.

i can outmaneuver literally any sniper like that
get good, fatty

go fuck yourself valve

>don't leave spawn until you build uber bro

prove it

(Banned in 6s)

>Be Medic with stock medigun
>It's a timed game mode
>Switch to Quick Fix because a competent heavy can still take out sentrys with quick fix boost and we need more heals and charges because we keep fucking dying
>Get no competent Heavys
>tfw

Attached: IMG_0146.jpg (492x491, 38K)

Seriously that wall bug is insane.
Gonna abuse that everytime I fight a pyro.

I think they actually made parkinsons worse, your damage drops if you miss flamethrower particles, but if you parkinsons you avoid the downside.

>blue moon actually made it worse

oof

This thing is really strong, but even against Sniper it's still unreliable. He can fuck you up the second you drop your beam and any time you aren't popping bullet Uber.

Because Amby was a best 2 shotter for paper classes, perhaps too good but it was the only thing that allowed you to countersnipe annoying aussies

Don't have to, vaccinator will let any class survive quickscopes without the uber

>>>>>>>>competitive

Attached: 1566007829278.jpg (1272x1152, 400K)

>competitive tf2

Attached: 1567061598214.png (512x512, 133K)

> its sentry range
Wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=OXqzL_iFXj8

cope harder

Not even him but I just had to point this out, is cope the new way of saying "I have no argument" on Yea Forums? Because it really feels like it sometimes.

Attached: 17c.png (2847x1412, 1.94M)

you're right its 1200 which is 100 units further than sentry range.

Never used amby after the nerf, hoooooooooooooooooooly shit that is way worse than they implied.

And at the 800-1200 range you do a whopping 30 damage on headshot.

>playing comp
ohnonon

>crits aren't actually crits

the fuck did valve do this for.

Amby was never good

>not him but *BRAAAPPP* *SHITS PANTS*
smelly fag **fucks your stinky brown ass*

.000001% of the community was able to consistently headshot at long range, and that made shitty players sad.

Oh no, he forgot how to speak like a normal person, he's been here too long

>.000001% of the community was able to consistently headshot at long range

if you use the nametag to figure out when your mouse is across their head, you can actually snipe with ambassador from very very very far away.

holy based

You're a based fag

Attached: 1449928782579.jpg (800x800, 67K)

Spy isnt meant to be a sniper. Amby gave him too much range for his role.

user watch the video and tell me that's okay.
Revolver does better at both medium and long range now.

I mean, you can literally buy a 3 cent war paint to get one.

felt bad for amby mains (hated playing them), but now I just hate valve for this nerf. This is retarded.

>literally just don't peak until sniper gets picked
That’s the problem though, he slows the game to a crawl because his best counter is his mirror and neither team wants to poke their head out until someone wins the sniper duel.

If the spy has the time to line up his cursor to that single pixel and you sit there long enough for him to do it, then I'd say he deserves that headshot

>If the spy has the time to line up his cursor to that single pixel and you sit there long enough for him to do it

its actually not that hard, you would just swipe across their head and click when the tag pops up. you could easilly hit moving and strafing targets. in fact it was easier than short range headshots.

>Stock is better
As it should be

>stock is better at the niche that the sidegarbe was meant for

this is like if shotgun did more long range damage than pyro flairs.

I don't remember too much about how difficult it would be to pull it off, but I know it wasn't the epidemic that some people made it out to be. Not a lot of maps even had that kind of open space to begin with

detonator is generally more useful once you learn how to use it, especially outside of a pub

>4:30
>goes from dealing 4 damage to slowly ramp up to 9
>misses for half a second and drops down to 4
>slowly goes up to 6
>misses for half a second and it goes down to 4

wow

>but I know it wasn't the epidemic that some people made it out to be

no one knew about the tag trick.

Maybe some new animation that takes way longer than spy's standard knife animation? It's a saber means that spy needs to pull it from his sheath.

yeah that could work, but I feel like no backstabs is a pretty huge downside for spy.
you definitely wouldn't want to use this against multiple opponents.

>if shotgun did more long range damage than pyro flairs
I mean in terms of consistency, it kind of does.

I wouldn't call it a trick either, it's fairly obvious that spies can see the name tags of enemy players from any range, you would think they'd be aware of that considering how many times you wind up with 3-4 spies on a team.

It wasn't difficult it just took a bit of practice
t. retard who got to pubstomp after watching ster's video

I haven't met anyone that knew about it but maybe? Felt like an abusable trick when I tried it.

Then make a whole new revolver or rework some old revolver to fit the whole dueling spy then. This spy can't backstab but he will get increased health and can "duel" classes by forcing them to melee with him. Worse case scenario is the spy will tank through the increased switch speed and use his revolver to shoot his disarmed enemy. Still fit his play style of being dangerous against lone players but useless against groups.

I don't think the item concept is bad, but I really don't think its good enough to need a switch speed penalty.

Gimme a loadout/weapon Yea Forums.

cl_interp 0.5

any rocket, Mantreads, zatoichi.
land on people and slap them with your sword to regain hp. bonus points if you hit them with a rocket first before landing.

You retards want quickscoping to be nerfed, not headshots lmao

Panic Attack + Fists of Steel Heavy

I guess it's more semantics at that point. I see it in the same vein as holiday punching an uber'd enemy, not something that's obvious to do, but if you know about it you can pull one over on people

Even so, I wasn't entirely against adding a range cap on the headshot crits, but Valve took it way too far with the nerfs.

Fist of steel, buffallo steak sandvich.

Air Strike mantreads,any melee
Get like 1-3 kills and then you can delete engie nests faster than direct hit(from air ofc)

Force-A-Nature
Mad Milk
Boston Basher/Three-Rune Blade

diamond back, red tape, big earner, deadringer.

big dickhole mode

post sprays

Attached: pokefu.png (1024x1024, 152K)

You won't get upvotes on this site newfag

Grenade launch, targe and a pan

Changes when you get close

Attached: 4f4c0861bc0e4.gif (200x200, 153K)

nice

>he doesnt use red-tape
why even play?

Draw speed, holster speed, or both are debatable. The core concept, plus maybe parrying, would be great, though.
If it actually did come out and was over- or underpowered, it could be adjusted.
But on Yea Forums it's always better to err on the side of "Well, it can have this downside so it it's OP," or you're certain to get WOAH WHY NOT JUST LET HIM BACKSTAB FROM THE FRONT, TOO, HUH?

I don't want the engineer to rage quit.

true. just need a model for it.

Those sneaking buffs should have been in TF2 years ago.

Attached: 1466288440156.gif (400x373, 635K)

The official demopan loadout

>hate playing against snipers since playing planetside 2

Having any integrity and not wanting to be even more repulsive than a brainless Pyro running around with the Phlog

I use it only against mini sentries

>watch 7vs7 matches
>wonder why the pyro sprays instead of keeping focus
>this video
So all makes sense. Pyro will never get away from his bad luck

Gimme Blue
I can't believe that people think a TF3 made by current day's Valve would be anything remarkable

Because i have human decency.
Are you f2p?
Red, if red means doing what csgo team doing right now.
Why the fuck i can't manualy put myself onto stoped team?
Give him tranquilizator gun. It has 2 shots per magazine and 6 in total, but he can shoot in in disguise.
I think that if you are being hit by the person you dueling (if it's not another spy with saber) in a certain timeframe you are counted as being contered, but to a lesser degree if you would be countered by another saber manualy.

Of all buff the spy could get I still dont know why he cant steal metal from dispensers

>Give him tranquilizator gun.
I've always wanted a tranq gun.
Just use the currently-existing model.
One shot, shoots a fast projectile dart which can be reflected (Syringes should be reflectable, too). Reloads when holstered. 20% less damage, but can be shot while disguised without breaking disguise, and will not cause knockback or a noise to play, so an enemy not paying attention to his health might not even notice he was hit. Will mark hit targets for death.
Marked-for-death should also get a buff. Now marked targets are visible through walls, with the outline becoming a deeper color, red or blue, based upon health. So Spy can mark a target, melt into the shadows, and for the next 10 seconds, his teammates will be able to see the enemy walking up, get minicrits on them, and know if they're low on health.
I also think a few existing weapons could be changed to take advantage of the new marking mechanic.

Red tape unironically removes all metal from a dispenser no matter what.

>unironically
As opposed to ironically doing so?

Some how I knew you would say that, and I was spending the time to think of a response.

but now I forgot it.

Well, when you remember it, you can just tell me then.

yes and the pain train as well

I've come to make an announcement, spy is a bitch-ass class. He sapped my fucking sentry. That's right, he took his shitty sapper out and he sapped my sentry and he said his skill level was "this big" and I said "that's bullshit".
So I'm making a callout post on my steam profile: spy, you're a shitty class, you're as bad as sniper, except way worse. And guess what? Here's what my class looks like!
*sentry deploying noise*
That's right baby, all camp, no skill, look at that it's almost as braindead as pyro.
He destroyed my sentry, so guess what? I'm gonna destroy his fun. That's right this is what you get, MY SUPER SENTRY NEST! Except I'm not ruining his fun, I'm gonna go higher, I'M DESTROYING EVERYONE'S FUN! HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT GABEN, I CAUSED A STALEMATE YOU IDIOT!
You have 9 years before the heavy update releases, now get out of my fucking sight, before my sentry destroys you too.

Attached: 1568626681827.jpg (632x353, 55K)

Picture of Saxton Hale Picture of Bearded individual with his mouth agape
Picture of Pauline Picture of the same Bearded man looking displeased

Blue, no contest

So only 38 ref in 2019.

Who even cares? I will never get the obsession with TF2's dumb economy.

Holy shit
I will get near a wall when I see a Pyro from now on

What do you think of debuffs? Why isn't there a poison debuff yet?

Is there anything better in the world?

Attached: nothin better.jpg (1360x768, 328K)

Who are you quoting?

Attached: 1530665174344.jpg (540x540, 49K)

>Airblasts loch n load pills back into your face
what now?

>pain train
based

Pain Train is shit.

>Pain Train is shit.
no u

>mfw placing level 1 sentrys in inconvenient places where they get 2-3 kills before being destroyed
>at the same time im peppering them with the widowmaker
>whenever the sentry is destroyed i move it slightly so that it only shoots them when they are too far to destroy it

Attached: very good.jpg (600x646, 22K)

bump

Attached: 1486045003216.webm (720x406, 2.91M)

bump this

Attached: my ass.png (252x256, 38K)

>no u
nuh uh

>not using the Gunslinger for exactly that

Would you, Yea Forums?

Gold
hate how shitty the game runs now and it can't use more than 4 cores

I honestly would prefer bullets to be projectiles because hitscan in source engine is fucking atrocious

mash that fucking silver like my life depends on it

Gunslinger is too obvious. There has to be a level of pointless stupidity for it to be annoying, like using the Pain Train on defense.

Pain Train should get a buff.
Standing on a partially capped point with it drawn should reverse the capping quicker.
And it should make its holder go 10% faster while holding it and carrying the intel or being team leader in PD. Also maybe if it was the last held weapon before picking up the jack.
All in exchange for full 15% damage vulnerability while drawn, instead of 10% bullet damage vulnerability.

That's a bug?

>person says gg
>it is not gg

spy fades out when you get close to it

Attached: 5262f87d4fc92.png (256x256, 60K)

Baby's Face, Bonk, Wrap Assassin.

I mean, you won't have fun, but a friend and I do this loadout for dumb shit, and even dress the same it's surprising how many shit players can't deal with it.

What if Spy had a sapper alternative which created a holographic Spy to distract the enemy?

>12% for stacking at 800dmg
>60% melee crit rate is possible
Interesting. Thx

This post was written by that one lucky fag who's never gotten stomped by that one soldier/heavy +medic combo.

You could just post
>Be medic

>Let's make a class that can two shot paper classes at a distance, one shot anyone who gets close in melee range, and could easily escape if he gets focused from a distance away by going invisible

I think I've had one or maypbe two zappers taken down by that thing in like a thousand hours of spy

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is This Post Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Use Scrap.tf Like Nigga Just Acquire One Scrap Haha

>shoot person with rocket at max falloff
>outer edge of the radius deals 24 damage
>shoot person with scorch shot
>it's a faster projectile and has no falloff
>72 damage

Attached: 1560252882585.jpg (600x600, 70K)

>mention 6s
>forget sniper is rarely used in 6s because he's shit
oh no no no

>have a great game as Medic with multiple smart powerclasses to heal
>next game get put on the other team with fucking nobody who wants to help me
FUCK PLAYING MEDIC

That's because Crits and Mini-Crits have no damage fall-off.

>The Intangibility Watch
>While active, you can freely pass through enemy team members, can simulate firing your disguised weapon and take reduced damage (20%?) from all sources
>Cannot turn invisible
>Taking damage reduces the watch's charge

Sapper Slot item which lets him see enemy health as an outline around them (Green = 70-100% health, Yellow = 40-70% health, Red = 1-40% health), and booby trap item pickups (medkits poison, ammo kits explode based on how much ammo they would give).

Also buff all revolver spreads to be 15% tighter.

BASED, fuck the pyro class

is the flamethrower still exactly like this vid?

It has to be neither a crit nor a mini-crit, flare guns simply do not have any fall-off at all.

yeah

You're an idiot.
if sniper was that good, then every pro team would be full of them.

Attached: TF2 Teir list.png (869x1076, 586K)

>gets a new weapon that gives him any speed, health, or really deviates from stock in any significant way
>comp players shit themselves in rage, banned forever

Attached: Heavy.png (778x778, 355K)

>Make reasonable nerfs to Demoman
>comp players become apoplectic, Valve reverts the nerfs for fear of their lives

So moral of the story: learn to use the Dragon's Fury because it's more consistent?

>dead ringer (((pro))) spy
>gets milked and dies while running away like a bitch

Attached: EC0za4xXYAQe8i7.jpg (1242x1157, 88K)

Exactly.
I hate demoman for that very reason.

oh shit hit silver fast

Engineer is only really good if there's like 5 of them

>Booby trap a health pack
The amount of salt generated would be amazing.

Opposite for me honestly. One engie on your team is a big help especially if he understands how to use shit other than a sentry, same as one medic, but past 3 they're fucking useless and 2 is only an incremental gain.

Over 2 engies is personally a nightmare for me especially if they are on defense. It would require extremely well-executed, well organized uber planning combined with a lot of patience, and even then, you still have to worry about the rest of the team. If you take care of the sentries but the rest of the team doesn't push, they will quickly help each other setup in seconds while you wait another minute to uber

No, all you need is one engi, and a team that understands how to use the protective zone the sentry provides to their advantage.
As well as protecting the sentry when the enemy shoots at it.

That's all.

Another idea is caltrops. Could do the same for denying a healthkit spawn if you scatter them beneath one.

Holy shit an actually accurate tier list.

>and a team that understands how to use the protective zone the sentry provides to their advantage.
>As well as protecting the sentry when the enemy shoots at it.
You might be lucky if you get one pybro who is only playing it because he sucks at anything else
Otherwise the team will only care for your dispenser

People still play TF2?

This is unfortunately true.

Attached: 1540508720301.png (442x506, 500K)

Rocket Jumper
Gunboats
Half-Zatoichi

Which combination of cosmetics would be the biggest in total? Biggest as in literally how much volume it adds to your character.

>demoknights is your only pray

jesus christ i wish i tried this with the direct hit before the zatoichi got nerfed

Attached: 1568337392517.jpg (1024x784, 248K)

wrong thread but i commend ye brother

Blue for sure. I think more medium-sized updates would be better overall, and knowing Valve time, TF3 would take a decade or more to release.

>heavys wont defend this

Attached: B6EA1B4A-053B-4492-86AD-1085D1163AF1.png (400x176, 72K)

blue all the way
tf3 will never get the same charm as tf2 and i think it would be fucking awesome having a tf2 equivalent of payday 2's crimefest and spring break

Attached: 1553849614336.jpg (948x520, 68K)

>Give me good reasons not to use the scorch shot.
Killing scorch shot pyros.

Attached: p.jpg (1920x1080, 218K)

Loch-n'-load buffs when

Attached: strafe this ya GIT.png (406x330, 152K)

how would you buff the loch-n-load? assume you cant revert the nerf and you need to be more creative. my idea is:
>delete the 20% bonus damage on buildings
>add a 10% total damage bonus
>increase the blast radius
>change the magazine back to 2 pills

Attached: 1566429446686.jpg (572x303, 123K)

>admit I believe in god
>spend the rest of my life committing horrific atrocities
>finally die
>"don't worry about it bro those sins are on me" - Jesus
>go to heaven
is it realy that easy?

i'll take BLU
big updates bring more content and more content is good, sure might get some glitches, bugs, ect, but every update got it's errors and patches.

gold sounds good, but it's a bait, Valve doesn't do any good games now, so it would be shit
red can be great for better performences, patch of old map glitches, just a general fix of the game, at a better rate.
silver is a meme.

Only protocucks think you can just admit your sins away. More traditional institutions like Catholics and Orthodox demand you attempt to repent through action too

despite the fact that you're probably just really fucking bad i can kind of agree with the idea of nerfing quickscoping. I think waiting for the full thing to charge is going too far but maybe a slight delay between scoping in and getting the headshot would work fine

>what is spy
>what is demo
>what is soldier
>what is scout

fucking seething medic/heavy/pyro/engi player

he deserves it for being that good

10% damage would be weird, it wouldn't hit any important thresholds besides BB soldier, and it would be negligible in splash damage.

>You're bad.
"No."
There are people out there who play Sniper legitimately and emulate aimbot almost 1:1 with rare, riskless mistakes on their part. Have you every played against a god Sniper? Saying "bro just strafe xd" will make you realize how much of a tard expressiom that is afterwards.

>what is spy
>sniper so knee-deep in his own team you're eviscerated before you get close to the nigger
>also razorback so you can't even attack him from up close, nevermind reliably xD

>what is demo
>*gets quickscopes trying to peek*

>what is soldier
>*gets quickscoped midair*

>what is scout
>*gets quickscoped*

Fantastic game balance, bro.

sounds like you're just a shitter if you typed out this fucking garbage and expected it to mean anything to anyone even remotely good at the game

>dying to a razerback sniper
>I CAN'T ATTACK HIM HIS DEFENSE IS TOO STRONG!!
do you know spy has a gun?

>getting quickscoped trying to peek
>not sticky jumping him
do you even know how to play the game?

>getting quickscoped while rocketjumping as soldier
you didn't know how to air strafe, sounds like you went in a straight line and got easily shot by a sniper with above room temp iq

>getting quickscoped as scout
yea you literally don't know how to play or move at all, thanks for proving it with that

razorback and stick next to a sentry/team
demo wins but at significant health and time cost
sniped midair, might still take the sniper down with him
scout get's smg'd

T. I have never ever played against a great Sniper in my entire life before

Blue, some new hats, bug fixes, and a balance pass to make shit weapons not shit would be ideal. And maybe a weapon or two if they accomplish the previous point.

Attached: 1508380942818.png (444x672, 163K)

>Escape plan
>Concheror
>black box
yep, time to make other players seethe

Attached: 68833525_2302896113093207_6962140152864964608_n.jpg (720x570, 22K)

I'm not qualified to make a statement on the game's balance, but sniper seems like a net loss in overall game fun. If a shit sniper is on the enemy team he's a fun target at best and a distraction from priority targets at worst. If they're on your team you're essentially one player down, usually multiple. If you have a good sniper on your team they'll make sure that the enemy turtles hard and take your kills. If they happen to be on the enemy team, well, you know what happens then.

I prefer shotgun Pyro

Why is sniper and random crits only talked about now when the game is 12 years old

Because you suffer from disease, either being a newfag or severe amnesia.

>do you know spy has a gun?
A good sniper isn’t some dipshit staying hardscoped in his 2fort tower with nobody around. They’ll actually play next to their team. You can’t kill him fast enough before you get blasted first, especially since valve keeps nerfing all of Spy’s revolvers.

yawn

>not shooting sapped sentries
lol

>Needing to peek as demo
There's a reason pills bounce dum dum. Learn to angle

bros quick how do i press buttons

Attached: harbl.jpg (2560x1080, 267K)

based.

Whenever you get replied with a buzzword like that one you can at least get the satisfaction that you made a Yea Forumsedditor mad.

engi isnt meant to be a offense class, the gunslinger changes that.
sniper isnt meant to be a short ranged class, the huntsman changes that.
demoman isnt a short-ranged brawler, the shield and the swords changes that.
why the spy dosent have a weapon that changes his game style?

If it were up to me none of those would exist.

Bind +use to a key

If the red fixes make MyM not garbage or pretty much roll it back, red easily.
Otherwise Silver.
Any other option is objectively wrong.

>Sapper Slot item which lets him see enemy health as an outline around them (Green = 70-100% health, Yellow = 40-70% health, Red = 1-40% health)
He can already see enemy health.
But I do think he should have more Spytech secondaries.
Booby trap kit, some kind of climbing gear, a smokebomb, a rebreather/environmental protection, etc.

all of those are worse than default except arguably the gunslinger, which is a sidegrade at best, while the amby is an upgrade if you have any kind of skill

>tfw still no miniature PDA with miniteles and minidispenser to complement Gunslinger usage

what kind of snipers do you even play against I can only count on one hand the amount of times I've seen a good sniper on the enemy team completely destroying us

Attached: 1644610146.jpg (300x168, 11K)

>teles take 20% damage for every teleport but teleport as quickly as a level three and build quicker
>dispenser heals level three, metal at level one, take damage for every few points it heals, constructs super quickly

But the fact that it can happen is the issue.
A god-tier Soldier, Scout, or Demo can't wreak nearly as much damage. Just the fact that aimbotters nearly always play Sniper is your proof.
The skill ceiling of God-tier (And aimbotting) Snipers needs to be capped. And then some buffs which mostly help less-skilled players be more beneficial to their team could be considered.

>no 2 way teles
>no alternative to crusaders xbow
>dragon fury nerfed
>no medium level sentry that sets up faster and can be mounted vertically or upside down
>no buff banner equivalent for heavy
>no new weapons
>only cosmetics
>also muh sandman but fuck you disabling heavies about to get ubered was awesome

>spy with a grappeling hook with a cooldown
Damn, just think of what kind of hell deadringers and amby spies can bring

youtube.com/watch?v=GexxPKwZS5Q

Is it worth reinstalling TF2 if I haven't played since 2014?

Attached: quston.jpg (325x236, 27K)

Yes.

Or, consider this. Rebreather.
Pull it out to breath underwater, which also makes you a faster swimmer. Will also make it so that, if you're wet, the enemy can't tell. For example, you'd still have the effect of being Jarate'd, but they couldn't see you while invisible. Might also just make you faster while wet.

no

and make the game run at 20 fps instead of 70?

Is TF2 worth reinstalling and playing? Also how do I make it not run like garbage on modern systems, because I remember that was a pain about a year ago.

Spy should have a jet pack.
I’m just saying.

Yes it is. Install Mastercomfig to optimize your shoot experience.

JUST DO IT

Is there a mod to remove all the shitty cosmetics that doesn't have a ton of bugs and missing models?

>spys
its spies retard

>spies
It's spiez, retard.

I hate those guys!

Attached: 1235872638768428.jpg (960x960, 201K)

Yes and no. There’s a config that removes all cosmetics. This includes the good ones, you can’t pick and choose.

>sniper warning voicelines exist in mvm
>still not usable

the game already runs at 20fps

poorfag detected
i bet your shitty rig cost like $2000 and youre not even on liquid nitrogen OC

>by fixing the flail bug, they actually make aiming worse, and flailing even stronger

jesus fuck valve.

there are no good cosmetics

>implying

>room for 27 possible commands, or even 30 if we included 0
>only 24 commands for all classes but Medic, who has a unique command
What bullshit.
We need Sniper ahead! and watch for stickies! commands.
And each class should have one unique command.

>GIT GUD SCRUB, LEARN TO ADAPT
>slight nerf to demo happens
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TF2 RUINED FOREVER, GIB BACK DEMO
Why is every competitive scene in every game filled with hypocritical retards

They're too used to it. They've spent so much time and effort that they can't bare to relearn.
It really just should have been fixed ages ago.

>443 replies
we can make it bros

I remember when that was known as the Equalizer before Valve decided to be a bunch of faggots.

It doesn't even matter. Increased damage means fuck all on melee weapons.

like my worthy adversary Saxton Hale

Attached: 1567304757982.gif (268x185, 1.43M)

>>Make reasonable nerfs to Demoman
you mean, remove his damage and make him die instantly? not reasonable

Fucking this. I was playing as soldier in turbine with like 8 players and this fucking sniper always deleted me on sight because there weren't many targets to begin with, and no matter how much I strafed like a faggot he'd still get me. The longest I stayed alive before rageswitching to scout was when I spammed rockets at him to constantly make him run around but it was just a waste of time.

demoman is the most balanced class in the entire game

>124
kek

this thread is still here?

>The virgin selfish fuckhead vs the Chad team player

I main scout so Snipers are never a problem for me. Just play a counter class like spy or scout. Even a great sniper can't consistently hit a good scout before he gets close. I do see your point though, good snipers can really trap a team as it prevents hefty class actually capable of pushing from proceeding.

Attached: 1566874173270.jpg (540x334, 44K)

>try using weapons I never use
>Manmelter is pretty fucking good as long as the enemy got a suiciding Pyro or a Scorch Shot spammer

I would be very wary of a TF3 but still, it's kind of the only real choice. TF2 is in an okay state as it is, small monthly fixes wouldn't do much since the biggest problem is spy backstab hitreg and they haven't been able to fix him in over a decade of attempts

Honestly, when a sniper is this good, it's no surprise people think they're cheating.

Pybros, please fucking kill the Spy BEFORE you try eliminating the sapper.

t. engiebro

But I like hearing the sapper go "KACHOOK"

I almost always carry mad milk(mainly because I suck at fighting pyros) and I always splash spies with it when I see them but they never notice I can now see them cloaked. Are they stupid? Or do spies give up that easily? Or is the milk debuff easy to miss?

You're more likely to survive by running away than fighting. I'm sure there's some idiots who can't tell, but you're still more invisible as a milk trail than a full model. It's why Spies hate it. The Scout never needed a Spy counter.

Why don't sprays work anymore? I've been away from the game for a few years. Do i have to change my settings or something?

Fuck. No. Don't you fucking dare. Let it lie, it took them like 6 fucking years to fix Dr. Enforcicle.

I don't play comp so put that into consideration but the amount of times I've milked a spy and they just cloak and stand there or crouch in a corner is fascinating. Despite me looking right at them they think I can't see them until I bash their backstabbing skulls in with a frying pan

>mfw I have 500+ hours on TF2 but almost always have more deaths than kills
Guess what class I main

Attached: 1554309157967.jpg (854x859, 114K)

Scout?

Attached: 123287953824523.jpg (720x577, 29K)

yes. Please tell me that's normal

Attached: mariokart server.jpg (683x386, 36K)

user...
Valve enabled sv_pure on all of their servers, sprays and mods don't work on them anymore.

Attached: 1461375869235.gif (436x376, 2.22M)

Are you telling me I can't see ad have seen funny images with my fellow TF2 players?

Attached: a32.jpg (680x667, 34K)

just be the gun man

Not on Valve servers, no. Community servers are still fair game though

Community servers had a lot of furries and gayfags back in 2012, has it gotten better or worse?

Just like it was back then, it depends on where you go

you can't download sprays on valve servers, but you can spray them. if someone has them downloaded you can see them.

>Community servers no longer use the original Mario Kart map
I just want to go back

Attached: 1566610373871.jpg (440x351, 9K)

SURPRISE
BUTT SEX

>i purposely put myself in disadvantage for my hatred of virtual hats

Attached: 1485731578421.png (238x397, 116K)

post your favourite TF2 SFM
youtube.com/watch?v=MLPkKZS6q9k

Attached: hqdefault (6).jpg (480x360, 19K)

New heavy secondary

>railgun
>does small (40 or so) damage, but falloff is tiny to non-existent
>4 shots per clip

As an aside, I really loved the tank railgun in MNC. Just pinging people across the map with it was so much fun.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 108K)