How does this stand in the list of good metroidvanias?

How does this stand in the list of good metroidvanias?

Attached: blasterzero.jpg (1280x720, 202K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendoeverything.com/inti-creates-interview-gunvolt-blaster-master-dragon-marked-for-death/2/
youtube.com/watch?v=1JTEW9kO3Q4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Calling Blaster Master a metroidvania is a bit...eh.
Blaster Master is sorta it's own thing.
The Inti approach, as usual, is fun, polished, and weeb as fuck.
Both their entries are fun and worth the money, but i wouldn't approach them like you're approaching a metroidvania, thi isn't hollow knight or fucking SOTN and such.
They're very arcadey games.

the genre was under metroidvania so i assumed it was something along the lines of SOTN. Are there no upgrades then?

I don't think is counts as "metroidvania" but is good because you avoid the usual intigames bullshit.

There are

I think he means the way the world design works is kinda stage-based arenas spread across an overworld.

it's different from what you might expect.
good though

Attached: D2K9RmmUgAIA0ej.jpg (1000x750, 136K)

No! Is fucking shit! And Jason is shit! He is the worst MC ever!

Attached: leibniz.jpg (350x495, 35K)

Oh neat the MC has the same name as me now its really a self insert

indeed. that waifu saving asshole

Attached: kurowasagi__55072132_p0.jpg (735x1135, 156K)

Picture: the typical Gunvolt player after beating all the games.

his yugioh duel disc is so funny

how angry can one guy get

Attached: leibniz splerging out.jpg (1773x3732, 1.1M)

im loading up the first game now i cant wait to see why he is so angry with me...

He lost his waifu, that can destroy a man and change him completely. Look at Zero, he used to be cocky and hotblooded, then Iris happened and he became serious and stoic.

>First game.
He is from the second game.

you'll see him in the sequel
try that one out too if you like the first

Attached: 67083629_p0.jpg (2521x2413, 1.44M)

true
but he takes it to quite a level

Attached: 1553454631313.jpg (1280x720, 218K)

In his case is insanity and unjustified rage against everyone.

Two juicy melons out of 2

I wonder how his waifu was, she must have been at real cutie, maybe draw by the Gunvolt's artist...which would explain why she died.

was a nice girl
still helps you out

Attached: twitter.com kipapurika D2L37CdUcAE1MtE.jpg orig.jpg (1280x720, 235K)

Except that girl is not his waifu, is someone else who is called like the original girl from the original blaster master zero. Her companion also is called like the original MC but you don't find him, just his broken blaster after killing a giant mutant...

my mistake
we don't see Lucia.

and that girl is Elfie named after the protagonists of Blasting Again

Imagine what holding hands with Elfie would've been like

I imagine Lucia was small, with short hair and personality of "fucking adorable immature little girl". That is the type of girl nobody can resist and losing that would explain why Leibniz is fucking insane.

When are we going to get his game? Did BMZ2 bombed or something?

HES IN.

real talk these games are great. though a touch lacking in substance.

Attached: 9DC32A5B-176F-452F-8755-70FBB6C2B2F0.jpg (848x1200, 118K)

Would he hate Copen?

This guy is the chad to Gunvolt's inceness and Copen's edgyness.

Blaster Master: Prime

Attached: Blastermasterps.jpg (316x316, 27K)

Who does that hate Copen?

oh god

must have been pretty close indeed. and now that we have seen ghost elfie. maybe we'll see her in a similar way in a sequel

Attached: fuck you for succeeding.jpg (3681x5314, 2.16M)

I really wanted to play more missions with Eve.

THIS

FUCKING GAME HAS FUCKING FALL DAMAGE

FUCK THAT FAGGOT GAME, PLAY A REAL GOD DAMN METROIDVANIA LISTERALLY ANY GOD DAMN ONE IS BETTER JUST ABOUT

FUCKS SAKES WHY NOT PLAY AN ACTUAL GOD TIER ONE LIKE ENVIORNMENTAL STATION ALPHA!?

FUUUUCK HAVE YOU EVEN PLAYED HOLLOW KNIGHT YOU STUPID NIGGER!? GOD DAMN

Whatever you do, you stay far away from La-mulana if you know what's good for you.

Attached: 4a75177565b3851c582c6de5b6924cbab6e682bf.png (850x870, 46K)

Dammit, get this guy a new waifu, fast!

Get Jason into the Gunvolt's universe, I am sure he can find a solution that doesn't involve killing cute girls.

from a recent interview
nintendoeverything.com/inti-creates-interview-gunvolt-blaster-master-dragon-marked-for-death/2/

some blaster master zero talk

Moving on from the Gunvolt series, we wanted to ask about some other games in the Inti Creates family. During a Nindies Showcase earlier this year, you surprised and delighted fans by announcing and immediately releasing Blaster Master Zero 2. What was the process like of getting a brand new game like that ready for the presentation, launching it right after its reveal, and keeping it a secret all the while?

>First thing’s first, if you’re going to release a game on a Nintendo platform, if at all possible you always want to be able to get your game announced on either a Nintendo Direct or a Nindies Direct or have Nintendo’s official social media kind of back up your announcement with doing it on like their Twitter and Facebook and stuff like that. So when you’re planning to release a game on a Nintendo platform, that is always something you want to aim for.

>As you may remember, the original Blaster Master announcement was a launch-day title in Japan, and less than a week after launch for North America. When it comes to announcing the sequel, once we learned there was going to be a possibility of a Direct happening in March for basically the two-year anniversary of the Switch and by proxy Blaster Master Zero, we thought, “Oh man, it would be so cool to announce and release the next game in the Blaster Master series for the two-year anniversary.” But you know, if you’re going to get the support of having this in the Direct, you basically would have to announce it and release it pretty much at the same time.

Can you discuss how Blaster Master Zero 2 has sold on Switch?

>If you look at how Blaster Mater Zero 1 went, when that game came out there was a very small amount of users on the Switch, so sales were kind of like a slow progress, and then of course we released DLC for Blaster Master Zero 1, so that continued to kind of make a slow upward trend for that. Obviously if you compare it to the sales of Blaster Master Zero 1 which has been out for over two years, obviously it does not quite have the amount of sales it does yet, but it’s kind of trending in the same way that Blaster Master Zero 1 has at this point in time.

Are there any plans for DLC for Blaster Master Zero 2?

>How things work at Inti Creates and maybe this is a little different from other studios, the way we decide if we’re going to decide if we’re going to do something like DLC, it’s not a decision that comes from management that goes to the team and says, “Hey, you gotta make this DLC.” If the team itself and particularly the director says, “I really want to make this DLC. I really want to do this thing. I really want to do that.” – that’s where a lot of our decisions come from. Basically, it’s from the team up, not so much from the top down. If the team decides, “Hey, we really want to do this really cool DLC,” then we’ll find the most appropriate time and place to make that announcement.

Attached: DOUe9xpVwAANgmi.jpg (579x700, 61K)

Given the success of the Blaster Master Zero titles, could we see Inti Creates team up with Sunsoft again in the future on another IP revival?

>I definitely think it is a possibility for sure. Again, this kind of goes back to what we were saying before, a lot of those decisions would come from if some our staff – particularly our directors – say, “Hey, I really want to make a game using X Sunsoft IP or Y Sunsoft IP.” Then I as the producer would be able to go to Sunsoft and say, “Hey, we want to do this game. What do you think?” and kind of do that negotiation part. Is it possible? Yes. And then, it would really come down to if one of our directors wants to make a game using a Sunsoft IP. That would be the first step in something like that.

Remember to support Inti.
This is coming out at the end of this month, it needs to sell.

Attached: Cover_Art_-_Luminous_Avenger_iX.png (1412x2000, 3.79M)

get the feeling dlc isn't happening

Attached: twitter.com Drac_Mazoku D2XrkCIX4AAwPog.jpg (1200x675, 158K)

Already preordered.

>Jason defeats all without killing them somehow
>gets a harem offered to him
>declines it because waifu loyalty

Attached: twitter.com yamo_ C-fBmKcUMAAiuS3.png orig.png (640x900, 1024K)

The ultimate chad

NO! Fuck inti! Fuck their obsession with killing cute girls! And fuck Copen!

Bump

FUCK adepts!

Attached: 353.jpg (1600x960, 169K)

this game looks really fucking good I hadn't heard about it until now im excited

Inti should go bankrupt

Your sister is one.

I'm impressed that this thread can go on without mentioning "her".

I guess Copen will just have to fuck his sister then

with a blaster a girl can't ignore

Attached: 1553138647330.png (1194x2004, 1.98M)

And "cope" with the nasty truth about his day if he ever learns it.

I fucking HATE that his design is so fucking close to being perfect. If he didn't have that retarded fucking rudder on his helmet, this would be a genuine 10/10 design.

>Day
I mean Dad.

It is good, you might even say it's Inti flagship IP right now.
Some GV2 Copen gameplay to show how fun he is (and he'll be even better in the new game):

youtube.com/watch?v=1JTEW9kO3Q4

Attached: LAiX-Copen.png (1362x1618, 1.28M)

The DLC stuff was neat but honestly I'd rather get Zero 3 sooner if possible.

would picking this up be a good idea to get myself into the gunvolt series? i dont mind dropping $15 on the switch version but is there any pc port i could possibly pirate to hold me over until the new one?

Nah just wait for Luminous Avenger iX and go in that directly.
It's coming out in like 1 week and a half.

Luminous Avenger iX is in an "alternate reality", sorta.
Playing the previous games would help with the plot but it's also sort of a blank slate in some ways.

cool ill just wait for the new one then. The first one was on steam so im gonna try and find a crack of it somewhere online thanks for showing me this game user

Keep in mind the first game doesn't have playable Copen tho.

does the first game play at all like that video?

if they don't have clear plans for dlc. they might as well move on to zero 3 instead of forcing dlc

Attached: 1563268847711.jpg (716x1000, 165K)

Same here. Blaster Master has been the best stuff Inti has been doing lately in my opinion.

In the first game you can only play as Gunvolt himself.
He plays much more slowly and is less fun to move around.
His gameplay consists in "tagging" enemies with his gun and then holding a button to electrocute them.
He's ok, some people like playing as him, personally i find him boring.

Attached: 2359.png (350x471, 157K)

get the impression blaster master probably didn't get the best sales

sadly underrrated

Attached: C6Pzjy9UwAAmMft.png (619x800, 588K)

Reminder Jason is a mega chad among chads.

of course

Attached: twitter.com yamo_ C57Xh4EVMAEVOOo.png orig.png (677x800, 708K)

bullying leibniz

Attached: 1553381351250.webm (640x360, 2.2M)

This series really deserves to be more popular.

I've only played the original, but the formula is this:
- You go through a open-ended level, find the boss.
- When you kill the boss, you get an upgrade that'll allow you to access a new part of the level that'll lead to a new area.
- You might have to backtrack to a previous level to find the next area you need to go to.
It's been a while since I've played, but I don't recall there being that much in the level in terms of collectables/powerups.

yeah

Attached: twitter.com yamo_ DBPOZU4U0AA7Z09.png orig.png (663x900, 676K)

The problem is that while Copen is more fun to play as he is also a complete piece of shit and it is very hard to root for him compared to Gunvolt

So how are they going to make GV suffer this time?

He is already suffering as he is not the main character of his own series anymore.

Quite wrong actually.
For a week or so, the game was actually on the bestseller charts on the eShop at about #10.
Though that's probably not saying much given that it was a game that debuted on a Nindie and was riding the waves of controversy and melons.

>For a week or so
>at about #10.
yeah... still not the best of sales

>mobility on par with the MMZ games, except this guy has a really long air dash
>kills things by ramming them and then blasting them to shit with his drone things
And to think i dropped this series after beating gunvolt 1 once, the way gunvolt handled felt clunky and slow and his way of killing things (tag them up to three times with your gun, then slowly electrocute them to death) was so boring that i didn't even bother to get the true ending. Does copen also have a muse that sometimes makes him invincible after getting knocked out once? Cause that's s shitty mechanic with no drawbacks.

Attached: 1516117763946.jpg (200x200, 17K)

It's weird how in a game with a big meloned plant girl the main girl manages to be the best.

Examples?

I amm crashing this party and stealing Eve spot as the main girl

Attached: 1568347946089.png (2000x2400, 810K)

Attached: Jason GV.webm (640x360, 1.42M)

Blaster Master 0 2:
Eve catches the Space AIDS

more like... mutant corruption

Attached: storyPic05.jpg (432x243, 88K)

space AIDS

>that hand
Imagine

Played through it recently, and this game is to Blaster Master what Metroid: Zero Mission is to Metroid. A remake that improves upon the original in almost every way; it improves upon it so much that there's really no reason to go back and play the original.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 79K)

This is blessed plant thread now.

Attached: a0d.jpg (562x783, 63K)

imagine eating her cooking instead

Attached: wp4EN1920.jpg (1920x1080, 1.7M)

Reminder: this mutant corruption gave eve bigger tits.

Attached: 61937964-C982-4E58-BA47-945D20546187.jpg (567x461, 44K)

I'd rather not be on my death bed thank you very much.

jason cannot stop winning
he just can't

Attached: twitter.com IntiCreatesEN D4cvBU-W4AAJtyx.jpg orig.jpg (1754x1240, 503K)

faggot

That boy put in the work. He earned his happy ending and waifu.

Just look at that massive increase

>tears through Earth looking for a cure so hard he breaks the super tank
>proceeds to go on a journey to a distant planet while solving everyones problems just to cure his girl
He certainly did.

Over the years I've become a stereotypical tired gamer with very little motivation to play, but BMZ 1+2 were games I couldn't put down. I really hope they keep making more.

Eve went from this:

Attached: D557E5DA-836D-4EAA-A5DB-441605F0A6E8.png (485x855, 457K)

indeed
he is just a caring guy for his girl

Attached: twitter.com yoshidrone D2JLtWiUcAAB7Jo.jpg orig.jpg (1280x720, 164K)

To this:

also kitty kat kneepads :3

Attached: 675D7559-C5EA-42C3-B7AB-75F0B1E46439.jpg (1240x1754, 276K)

>progress through the game even slightly
>autistically have to check in on eve

Thank goodness BMZ2 has eve fall asleep to let the player know she’s got nothing more to say at the moment.

Eve's virus was a blessing and a blessing.

and eventually this

Attached: 1566335779699.webm (1280x720, 1.62M)

cuddle all eves

of course

Attached: blastingnever.jpg (372x259, 56K)

hi Jason

Are the games up on sale on switch or something?

no
only cost 10 bucks anyway i believe

Attached: Fred.jpg (230x194, 17K)

>Mfw even inti knows who put Blaster Master on the fucking map.

Bless this Ayy plant and her funbags.

Attached: [email protected] (1500x1925, 255K)

is the sequel any better?

that game was bland as FUCK
I beat it, watched the credits, and completely forgot about it after five minutes

Attached: 1567743932190.jpg (1280x1264, 315K)

Attached: ed8b257d1b860107d5e98e928ef6b60f.jpg (992x1403, 146K)

I really liked the first game when I played it on the 3DS, I was waiting for a phsyical edition compiling both the first one and the sequel but that seems quite unlikely now so I will end up buying 2 digitally quite soon I guess.

Do you guys think they will release a third one? they don't seem too expensive to make.

Elfie was the assist co-pilot to Roddy. Both are call backs to Blaster Master Blasting Again, where the protaganists are Elfie & Roddy, who were the children of Jason & Eve (the stars of the original game)

Attached: 27.jpg (1418x1403, 1.21M)

I'm a big fan of Inti, and am eagerly waiting for iX but I simply cant play this or mighty gunvolt no matter how good they are.
Guess why

that side character ended up hugely popular for a good month

Attached: Nora_MA-06_Pilot_Kanna_3a_Shirt.jpg (900x900, 175K)

>gets busted as fuck Wave Gun and SOPHIA ZERO - an extremely busted as fuck tank compared to III
>both get nerfed hard
>but in turn, get a Chad cape and swag counter that lets you go fast
>skillset also can't be understood by brainlets, so they have to actually git gud to progress in-game
>also waifu somehow becomes even cuter and sexier than before even with space AIDS
>go through hell and back to save waifu
>waifu also goes through hell and back to save you
>it's canon that you impregnate your android waifu
>acquire edgelord retarded rival with a sick ass design, a farmboy ally, plant tiddy ally, and gigachad ally that has a cute loli partner
Yeah I'm thinking he's based.

The best fucking thing the sequel does is that you can damage people with your gun now, and it's GOOD damage too. It's like running around with an uzi.

That tag and shock shit was MN9 dash attack to finish levels of retarded, they patched in being able to do damage with tags into the original gunvolt on switch and it became an infinitely better game for it

Kill all melons!

X

Already pre ordered

>Official art have a lot of cute girls in it
Nothing will happen to them this time, right?

series will only be good when you can play as Leibnis, win and reee at waifufags, the true INTI way to do things.

Attached: 1565328283023.jpg (818x1024, 126K)

Cute, now if only someone would draw eve spraying kanna with weed killer

Irrelevant after the 2nd game.

I'm glad to see my thread survived the night before it gets archived post more BMZ webms kp