Why is this so fucking expensive? AMD has the same taste and it's much cheaper

Why is this so fucking expensive? AMD has the same taste and it's much cheaper.

Attached: EEnPYuUWkAMoguK.jpg (1600x1067, 218K)

AMD lights your toaster on fire

You get what you pay for. Period.

>Why is Apple so expensive?
>Why isn't Linux more popular than Windows?
Mindshare

amd is made by brazilians for brazilians

>being poor
>food comparison
off yourself amdcuck

FOOOOOOOOODANALOGY

Because people are retarded.
Because standards and lack of programs.

AMDchinks should kill themselves.

Enjoy your Mac Pro, dude.

Playing a game of catch up, but they can't quite catch up.

Because some retards will literally pay more for a worse company with drivers that call home and report on your activity because they actually believe that everything that costs more is better.
This board, as you can see, is filled with these idiots. These are the people that keep Alienware products alive.

>NOOO WHY DOES THE BEST HARDWARE COST MONEY

Stick to AMD poorfag

Attached: 1567952408980.png (782x758, 158K)

> I spent more for the same thing, is my dick bigger yet?

dilate

AMD fucking sucks. their hardware has 2014 nvidia efficiency and their drivers suck. i was actually wanting some livestream where these guys were trying out the new 5700xt and the driver kept crashing in their testing and the guy even said AMD drivers fucking suck. he's some pro overclocker or something so he works with nvidia and AMD cards a lot.

The software and driver support is much better. It's the premium brand where you get less bang for your buck in terms of hardware but is overall a better experience

Why can't the Radeon division make a comeback like AMD's CPU division did? I'd honestly love to see some real competition.

>user is too poor to fill his shopping cart with wonderbread.

Because they are waiting for intel to make their first move in 2020.

>meanwhile I'm still rocking a 770 with no signs of needing a replacement thus far
feels real nice

Attached: 1560809523580.gif (437x415, 271K)

Intel sure will mess things up in the low-mid end which is what everyone wants, in the high end? the same jewery than Nvidia.

And if you ever need a replacement you can buy a used 1060/1070Ti for cheap.

because nvidia doesn't fuck around like intel does. nvidia have consistently brought noticeable performance and efficiency gains over their previous gens especially on the high end to the point AMD hasn't even been able to compete with nvidia high end for like 3 gens now. the last time AMD was even "competitive" with an x80 ti card was the fury x but in practice it was on average like 20% slower, had a mandatory water cooling loop for every model and only had 4gb vram whilst all their other cards had 8gb and the 980 ti had 6gb.

it used to be nvidia way long time ago. then suddenly, ati, then it turned around to nvidia again. and they were teh toasters too. and, i think its sort of stayed that way. ati might be in the lead some places but they are toasters

Mac Pros are awesome machines to work on. If you buy one for gaming it's your own fault for not reading what they're meant to do.

i've honestly been considering it, since I've had it for so long, I have a small fear that one day it will just die out of the blue

As long you clean it and replace the paste you will be good.

This. Every time I bought AMD the card had graphical issues even in fucking browsers. Every time I bought NVidia I never had any issues at all. Fuck AMD.

AMD has shit GPUs that eat so much more power and heat way more for the same performance as a GTX does eating so much less power and being much cooler.

They should focus on GPU development now that their CPUs are god-tier.

Attached: HWiNFO64_ChtkrPR670.png (640x577, 62K)

Unfortunately, AMD decided to replace their simple "Bread" label with "Deluxe Bread" and increased the price by 50%, so even if it's still cost effective, it's just as deceptive as Breadvidia and I will have second thoughts about purchasing their bread.

Attached: file.png (1200x675, 1.05M)

>user is complaining about how bad AMD GPUs are.
>Running on an AMD GPU and have had no issues.
>Installation was plug-and-play tier
To be fair, I'm running Linux.

>>They should focus on GPU development now
the divisions are separate and the skillset required is entirely different. They should be sniping talent from everywhere in the industry to catch up.

I'll never understand the apple hype
I've never seen a company so consumer and environmentally unfriendly except for fucking Monsanto

Intel was objectively weaker and easier to catch up to, AMD only had enough money to focus heavily on one product line so they went for the blood in the water. Future investment in gfx is intended to make AMD competitive with Nvidia once again, but probably not for another 2 years.

ROFL, Yea Forumstards never touch S3 hardware in their lives.

AMD software and hardware is perfectly fine. Nvidia is about on par as far as software is concerned. They have own skeletons of stupid, stupid issues. Their hardware is only more efficient because it is much more specialized.

Honestly, it doesn't really matter that much anymore. Gayming consoles have been dictating the market. iGPUs are going to make kill off mainstream/budget protions of the discrete GPU market. The high-end SKUs will end-up being "professional-tier" SKU rejects.

I use a Mac Pro at work and it's an extremely high quality machine.
It's just not made for video games

They are selling the brand name more than the actual product.

lol have fun being poor, faggot

It's not really worth the price and the supposed advantages are weighed against a lot of bullshit you may or may not have to deal with. It's one of those special purpose machines you have to do a serious cost analysis on.

It blows my mind how much a fucking logo is worth. If you buy a 1000$ apple phone 300$ is literally for the fucking apple logo.

Are prices still inflated due to cryptochinks or is it safe to buy some graphic cards without getting fucked in the ass?

That's any luxury good. Or just anything expensive. Profit margins are higher. You've never heard of my tailor and he makes that on a suit.

They're higher than average, I'd wait until new tech and look at the mid-range.

Depends who is selling it. Some are back to normal and some shit is still stupidly high.

True, but you cannot deny a gross amount of what you pay for one goes to the "privilege" of having this shit on the back of your product

Attached: 23656.png (512x512, 6K)

I ran the numbers and realized they're tax write-offs for creatives with little to no overhead otherwise. Outfitting a studio every 5 years is essentially the only big tax break you get.