Its too long, the story just keeps going and going and its vague enough that it starts feeling pointless...

Its too long, the story just keeps going and going and its vague enough that it starts feeling pointless. All the areas end up feeling very samey and traversal becomes annoying at a certain point. The save points should have function as warp points, because the interconnections are not good enough to make up for the long boring traversal once you seen an area like 50 timers, the current warp system is not enough.

As for the good, i like the peaks of the story and the art style is beautiful. Music is great and the boss fight feel super tight. The game is at strongest when you enter strange mysterious areas, of which there are not enough. The giant travel bug is a total bro and made shed a tear when he was being nostalgic about his youth, very beautiful.

In summary, too much fat and not enough meat, but the meat in it is great.

Attached: Hollow_Knight_cover.jpg (316x316, 39K)

Game is shit

Objectively not.

Prove it.

Plenty of at least decent content.

>game is shit
>no its not
>prove it
>well it has shit content
Wow.......

I thought Yea Forums loved this game, no one wants to talk about it?

>In summary, too much fat and not enough meat, but the meat in it is great.
I have the same opinion. Yea Forums hates you for criticizing this ok game though.

The game gets tiresome at some point, I dont think it handles it design very well. It try to do the whole vagueness of Demon Souls/Dark Souls, with the lack of direction but it did not succeed in that aspect because DeS and DaS is constantly feeding you info with lore around you and items but in Hollow Knight the info drip is way slower.

I too hate popular thing. I like to be contrarian and fit in with my based Yea Forumsros

It's really divisive

>NOOOO DONT CRITICIZE MY AVERAGE METROIDVANIA NOOOOOO

not the single best game ever made, 0/10

I feel like you did a pretty good job of summarrizing my complaints. I also wish combat had a few more moves but yeah.

seethe

Attached: hollowknight.png (305x48, 13K)

the traversal is unfortunately the thing that kills this. going back through old areas should be similar to dark souls where you feel less threatened because you know how to handle all the enemies, but you still need to pay attention. instead, you just have to nail pixel perfect jumps over and over again. it's fucking torture, the platforming in this game needs to be turned down to barely present in order for it to be palatable. also the soul recovery mechanic where you fight your ghost makes some shit impossible and is a bad idea, and there aren't nearly enough benches.

tl;dr, too hard for the sake of being hard, same problem as ds3. it nails the atmosphere, art style and music though, real shame, a flawed gem at best.

>McDonalds is the best food ever because its popular

> Don't like exploration games
> Buy an exploration game
> "What the fuck? Why does this game take so long and make me explore?"
You're a genius.

I think that making the benches warp points would solve almost all issues with the game. Here is my idea for how it could have worked, when you reach the nest of the big traveling bug, he could have smelled the hatched egg and realize his species is still around kicking and living somewhere. He would gain new strength and go off somewhere to find his people, leaving you with some sort of item that would let you warp across benches.

It's like Yea Forums with story driven games...Or anything really.

McDonald's dirt cheap. Quality price ratio is up there, even it's not very good.

It's time to come to term with your contrarianism.

I like exploration games but the exploration in this game is not very good. Also backtracking for the 50th time through the same area is not exploration.

Metroidvanias are usually fast and fun to travel in and not boring slow slogs

backtracking and repeated, punitive platforming segments doesn't make for good exploration.

Hollow Knight is good example of why content for contents sake is not good design. There is a still a lot of good in the game tho.

The Psycho Master fight was so fucking good though, it's my most fond recent memory of videogaming. I can't remember a single experience that was more satisfying than successfully, barely, killing that fucker on the first try. That music, arena, the way the attacks are timed and telegraphed, the 2nd stage, it's all flawless. I wish the rest of the game was as polished and as well designed as that one fight.

Exactly, remember how Super Metroid let you use the save stations to fast-travel through the game?

The platforming wasn't hard, and getting the abilities helps you get through it easier if you suck at video games.

What I disliked the most is that how even if the color pallete changes and there are new enemies, the whole thing still feels like wandering in the same boring dead places

Yeah that was really good in all aspects, from gameplay to presentation. Game needed more of that and less "here is one more random hallway to run in". For example The Hive felt almost pointless, and could have easily been cut.

there are some segments you have to complete with the charged wall dash thing that are nightmarish, have a bench placed about 30 seconds away, and don't get any easier with later abilities. some of it is blind trial and error, some of it is just overtuned. it may not have been hard for you, but if you aren't a platforming veteran it was difficult to the point of absurdity. adding in your fucking ghost attacking you while you try to line up the jump is beyond retarded.

I think there too many sections that are hard enough to be annoying when you have to go through them 100 times. Feels like a timewaster.

>mfw I keep getting my ass kicked by the second crystal bug fight with the lasers

Attached: sad batman.gif (448x256, 299K)

Sounds like it's just not your kind of game. Put it down and play something easier if you don't want something to challenge you. Not every game needs to compromise and give you an easy mode. Play something else.

It's not. There wouldn't be that many threads about it if people really hated it.

user its not a challenge to be annoyed. Its bad design, Sekiro is challenging and it has tight design but Hollow Knight feels like it has too much padding at ports. It is not a challenge to run along the same slightly difficult hallway for the 50th time. Its just annoying.

I haven't been in a single thread that hasn't been split with arguments constantly. It's not a Yea Forums darling like Morrowind or VtMB.

You can literally just super dash your way through most of the rooms.

You literary cant, there are a lot of annoying upward areas.

Which you get in the last part of the game

Duh, why would it give you the ability to blast through any horizontal area early in the game?
Do you literally just not want to play the game? I don't understand what you want out of this. You hate going through the hallways, you hate the platforming, you hate exploration, you hate difficulty. Sounds like you should be playing a different game.

Im not that user, but the game is good the first run around its just that when you have to do it again and again every time the weakness on the areas becomes more clear.

I'm not even the original guy, I actually quite like the game. There's a lot of backtracking in the game and it gets tedious. The super charge is not a good solution to this issue. It's a definite flaw in the game but it doesn't make it a bad game.

Kino game desu

Attached: 73892476_p8.jpg (600x400, 43K)

silk song is probably going to be goat since they learned from all the mistakes

How do you know the learned? The game is loved by most and all its flaws are downplayed.

The game would be way better if it just fucking allowed traversal between save points in the endgame.

there's nothing to do with your money, you should at least be able to buy extra slots or unlocking shit, something, if you are slightly decent at the game you end up with useless money very quickly. Not enough things to collect.

extra slots for what?

>The game is loved by most and all its flaws are downplayed.
Becuase the people behind the game clearly understand the game better than the retards that can't be critical.

Yea Forums meme the sliksong bug and she is not even in the game that much.