Blasphemous

>only 79% of the steam reviews are positive
What went wrong?

Attached: 60818512_2363035007308869_3796188190806244041_n.jpg (960x960, 98K)

The fucking spikes instantly killing you and sending you back not to the platform you fell from, not to the beginning of the screen, but directly to the checkpoint that might be 6 or 7 screens ago is what went fucking wrong.

Put way too much focus on the aesthetic.

The people that build the aesthetics are different from those that build the game mechanics you fucking mouth breathing retard. It is not the same as diverting resources from art and putting then into game design, despite how game dev tycoon may portray it that way. It is more like the artist(s) were exceptional, and the game designers were less so.

You're an idiot. Shit like aesthetics is still directly tied into gameplay and it's particularly very prominent in the bosses in this game.

Let's take one of the best examples - the baby boss. In their marketing and trailers, one of the most prominent scenes they always showed off aside from the executions was the baby splitting the player in half. It was grotesque and built up hype for the overall presentation of the game. Then we reach the actual boss fight. The baby was there but you know what we fought? A fucking shitty scorpion thing oh but they had to put the baby's grab in there somewhere so they inserted it into a really piss easy move to dodge.

And what is my point here? My point here is that gameplay was directly affected by their dedication to the aesthetic. And this just doesn't go for the baby boss. If you notice, the first two bosses they showed off which is the Ten Piedad and the Tutorial boss were fully animated but after that almost every other big boss was a disappointing barely animated static image. And what did this mean? It meant all the later big bosses had their movesets be tied to generic projectiles instead of the genuine movements the first two bosses had. And this is a direct consequence of them focusing more on aesthetic as they were forced to design gameplay around the fact that these big bosses were barely animated at all.

Yeah, that part is annoying. Still wouldn't say that makes the game a negative experience overall.

CASUALS ITT HAHA

This shit is cyclical. Casuals come in waves, I remember the 2007, 2011, 2015 casual waves and fully expected a sudden rush of retards who can't play a game.

thank God I don't base my opinion on games on what other people think about it.

based

max dodge trust is the best ability.

right? shit does a lot of damage from the first level, only reason you can't spam it is the cooldown on dodge.
come to think of it, there was that one bead that reduces dodge cooldown, never tried it though

its a toe from pilgrim guy and it reduced dodge cd a lot.

People who only played for 10 minutes can vote. Thats like letting 10 yo voting.

>guilt thingy appears in the middle of pit
>it shows that there are guilt things in the boss room but there none of them

that conehead is so retarted

>the baby boss

god I was so fucking mad that the you never actually fought the baby

>What went wrong?
Shills hate that a 2D indie game was better than every Souls game except Bloodborne, its spiritual predecessor.

The game is kinda raw, it's really hard to play it for a while and not find some amateur-tier glitch like an elevator pushing you down, getting stuck on ledges or enemies stunblocking you, rarely will kill you but it leaves a really bad impression while playing.

I bet the game was coded by an amateur that was learning just enough to get by and never went back to rewrite stuff so everyone in the office just got used to "play right".

Who was that floating head with gold mask?

If you had finished the game you'd see that the main writer was also on the design team.

Coneheads are aesthetic you uncultured swine

Attached: 1540538052643.jpg (675x400, 61K)

Bloodborne > Hollow Knight > Dark Souls > Sekiro > Blasphemous > Dark Souls 3 > Demon's Souls

oh you need 3 items to get another hairy item which you bring to the other side of the map ,a tree you forgot even existed , and nothing happens ,you have to exit that screen and come back to get the item and finally you bring it to the damn salt statue

i totally agree

I did all the questlines I found and I think I failed one, a dude killed himself I think I was supposed to give him an amulet at an earlier point.
Besides that I missed one bone and like 8 angels, got what I supposed is a bad ending since my boy got fucked.

Don't really have a clue to get a different ending but whatever, I lost motivation to complete more because the map just doesn't show you places where there was something, in case you missed it, it also has no system whatsoever to add annotations or little markers which should be absolutely a must in every metroidvania because there is no way I'm gonna pause the fucking game, take a screenshot, write something and make a bigass document with annotations and shit, no one does that.

I feel a tight connection with the vibe of this game as I have grown believing in god and partaking into christian ceremonies with my family until my mid teens and even after that I still have to endure the imagery and sounds in the numerous festivities in the town I live (mid-small spanish town) and in that sense the game brings back a lot of memories of church and festivities, seems really well researched and I'm glad someone took all that boring ass shit and made a cool action game with it.
But still the game just feels unpolished, rushed and even tho the presentation is swell, the gameplay is just really simple, has really fucking slow backtracking, the bosses are just too easy and at its core it just has really weird design choices.

I'm glad this game exists but I'm not so glad to have played it.

Attached: 1565525063143.png (256x271, 104K)

Combat is pretty shallow
Also for a game focusing hard on the pixel art, it's very inconsistent. You can tell a completely different person did certain areas.

youre retarded :)

Attached: semana santa34234.jpg (800x800, 89K)

That looks ultra spooky.

niggers

why do we keep getting all these shit vanias. we need more of pic related i want a sequel now bros its not fair

Attached: valdis.jpg (616x353, 56K)