Luigis mansion 3 is looking incredible. I really feel like people are not as excited as they should be about this game...

Luigis mansion 3 is looking incredible. I really feel like people are not as excited as they should be about this game. It looks like a legitimate contender for best game in the Switchs library.

It has the nostalgic factor because it accurately captures the feeling and design of the original. It's really beautiful, to me it's clearly the best looking switch game thus far. The gameplay looks fun with the jump and the slam attacks added to Luigis moveset. There are 13 levels, so a good amount of content particularly compared to the original. This game is looking like the perfect sequel to a classic game. It's like the "pikmin 2" Luigis mansion never got.

Attached: 719SCN8iaWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (926x1500, 207K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WtgLoTwEhq8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tendie shit
Its reddit garbage

game is so bright that Luigi carrying a flashlight is completely pointless, if he was to turn it off you'd still be able to see absolutely everything in every room
the original didn't have this problem since Luigi turned it on or off upon entering a new room, and it was actually dark
also reminder that this is developed in Canada by Canadian devs and as such it's a Western game, so no it's not 'muh based Japs saving vidya!!'

There was a second one?

Please don't sit here and try to pretend the original game was actually supposed to be scary. Everything about the game was goofy. Luigis mansion is a ghost busters rip off in general, it's supposed to be silly, having some more color is not a negative.

No, they skipped 2 and went straight to 3.

You're both right. I liked the darkness of the original. Even if it was cartoony, it still had a little bit of a threatening undertone to it. It's what made that game work so well. But adding color isn't bad either.

I wish it could be colorful only when the lights are turned on. The 2nd one suffered from this big time. Like user said, no point to the flashlight.

If I didn't like Dark Moon, will I enjoy this?

>It has the nostalgic factor
I disagree, it’s so much more cartoony and colourful compared to the dreary and atmospheric original.
I just appreciated 2 and this as their own kind of thing, they don’t really feel anything like the original.

eh im cautious
luigi 2 was kinda shitto

Shut the fuck up you shill. It's just ghost sucky game number 3. Absolutely nothing about it will be outstanding.

Nothing about that user's post even suggested that. The original Luigi's Mansion was incredibly polished when it comes to art direction and presentation. You could even see Luigi's breath when entering a room with ghosts which is a reference to spirits supposedly absorbing the energy from the air around them in order to manifest themselves and interact with the living. The original Luigi's Mansion went the full mile with details like these.

And I'd also like to point out that something can be considered horror and not be scary. Luigi's meets all of the criteria necessary to be considered horror.

Attached: Yikes from me.jpg (267x168, 7K)

I never said otherwise, I just said it's goofy horror not scary horror. Luigis mansion is still goofy horror and color doesn't hurt that.

Is the 2nd one any good? I’ve played through the first one countless times and I’ve had the 2nd one for like a year and haven’t gotten around to playing it

Whining about the darkness doesn't make any sense to begin with because you can turn down the brightness on your TV.

which would change the colors and everything about the visuals, not an answer to the problem at all

There's some recent footage, check it out if you haven't seen it yet.
youtube.com/watch?v=WtgLoTwEhq8

>problem
Explain how it's a problem that the game is more colorful. Please explain it to me, because the only argument I can see is that it's less scary which is laughable when you consider how tongue in cheek and childish the ghosts in the original were.

I thought there was 17 floors

I never said color is the problem, the problem is that the flashlight is pointless as a core gimmick if you can see everything in every room regardless of whether it's on or off
the brightness is the problem, just look at this pic and tell me what difference it would make whether he had the flashlight or not

Attached: om3.png (1294x680, 1.64M)

You are correct, I just looked it up and there are 17.

I think it does. The game really is too bright imo. The first game used the lighting to its advantage with shadow puzzles. The color also effects the overall look and feel of the area Luigi is exploring. People can like it all they want as it's just my opinion, but I think that my real issue stems from the art direction. I don't think it's a good fit for the series and plays up the cartoony aspects a little too much. When I look at this game and the one on 3ds I can't help but agree with Miyamoto in thinking that Mario has gotten a little too cutesy.
>source
In an interview he stated that he wasn't too fond of the cutesy look of the series. I don't have a link, but that interview does exist. He likely felt that way before Luigi's Mansion had even been made though.

I'd also just like to point out that Luigi is still scared stiff after clearing a room of ghosts while in the original he was almost cheery (when at full health). To me it just serves as proof that this game isn't getting the same attention to detail. It still isn't out yet though, so maybe that could be fixed by launch.

Attached: 1541776054675.png (500x500, 220K)

Yes and why does that matter to you? The flashlight isn't there to light the room up its a game mechanic, you use it to stun ghosts. Again, you still haven't explained at all why the room being brighter is a problem.

nice, 8-player online too

People complain the brightness is an issue but how do you not screw over the people playing the game on handheld mode or on Switch Lite?

I think he has and you just aren't getting it.

Now this is an argument I can accept, unlike the it's too bright idiocy. If you don't like the games art style that's fine, art style is completely subjective. You want more realistic looking Nintendo games like (I'm assuming) pikmin or Mario Odyssey, which is just an opinion and there's nothing wrong with that.

the room being bright enough to see everything in it regardless of the flashlight impacts the atmosphere; everything is a lot less 'scary' and mysterious when you can see everything at all times
it's about as stupid as Geralt pulling a torch out in the middle of a well-lit cathedral on a summer's day

easy, you don't cater to the minority of plebs that will play LM3 in fucking airports and on the toilet

Luigis Mansion was never remotely scary, if you thought it was it's because you played it when you were 6.