Video game '''analysis'''

>video game '''analysis'''
>they just recap the events of the game and offer no insight into the game design or narrative

Attached: 1502899434821.png (717x359, 603K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0efEey3p7vA
youtube.com/watch?v=rxOKEsBx4NU
youtu.be/3qRCzIj9QEo
youtube.com/watch?v=MTCLJMol_Uo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And they always have 100K+ views. I gotta do this YouTube shit

Attached: 1561327719200.png (993x2311, 2.63M)

Recommend me some actual vidya analysis on youtube

>and offer no insight into the game design or narrative

Does anyone who's actually worked on games or even worked in software do this eceleb shit? The closest I can think of are Yahtzee, who made some Flash garbage, and SBFP, who worked in testing.

At least other media like movies have ecelebs like RLM who have had commercially released movies and some knowledge and actual insight regarding filmmaking.

I like Tehsnakerer's stuff
youtu.be/0efEey3p7vA

I think Matthewmatosis is some kind of software engineer

>Review
>CHECK OUT NORD VPN/AP GAME
>No animation moving avatar
>FUCK YOUTUBE video every two months.

Attached: 1385547364350.jpg (496x749, 219K)

If you see any video that has any of these words or combinations then blacklist the channel
>Video essay
>A closer look at
>Retrospective
>The [pretentious word] of [game]
>Critique
>How [game or developer] makes you [verb]

youtube.com/watch?v=rxOKEsBx4NU
Game dungeon.

Attached: 1557665676464.png (600x688, 124K)

>7 minute rambling intro
>20 minute plot synopsis
>2 minutes of vapid statements like "the controls are sloppy" and " the narrative is really effective!"
>4 minute closer that says nothing and huge dicksuck of patrons while teasing next "review"

Gamehut

>watching a video '''''''retrospective''''''' on Ratchet and Clank 2
>full of unfunny jokes
>irrelevant comparisons
>narrator can barely speak coherently
>constantly sidetracked
At least its not as bad as that dyke with the annoying hyperactive voice.

Attached: sly.jpg (232x249, 5K)

>Deus Ex
Piss off. Game Dungeon is best when you're introduced to games you never would've known about otherwise.
I don't need Ross to tell me anything about Deus Ex.
youtu.be/3qRCzIj9QEo

>video game review
>includes cringe skits before and after the review
>reviewer has autism voice

youtube.com/watch?v=MTCLJMol_Uo

Geek Critique, if you can stand sonic autism he offers personal history and insights that's pretty interesting

What about "The Rise and Fall of [game/series]"?

Matthewmatosis is one of the few gaming analyst channels I still watch. I don't really enjoy JA much but I appreciate hin shitting on SMO.

You reminded me of Company Man because every single one of his videos use this title format

Threadbareinc does lets play but the last 10 minutes of every video is a look into some of the things that inspired the game hes playing. For example, his Sleeping Dogs series looks at Hong Kong martial arts cinema, Brutal Legend looks into different genres of metal etc.

I think GVMERS does this too, for video games of course. Although their videos are good and informative.

Pretty much the same as 90% of analysis out there really. Just don't be a faggot and start forming your own opinion.

>review is excellent except for the fact that the reviewer felt the need to throw in a few half-assed jokes that don't suit the tone of the review

>who is RagnarRox
>who is MandaloreGaming

>sunset bridge from p5 playing

>MandaloreGaming

His humor keeps the videos lighthearted rather than pretending to be an academic.

>Movie review
>just does a play by play of the entire movie while adding snarky comments here or there.
>at the end says “movie bad!” Despite not going into any depth at all

How do these pseudo intellectual channels even get popular? YouTube seems to be filled with these types nowadays and it’s difficult to find people who actually know what they’re talking about. Someone needs to make a video tearing apart these channels and their “reviews”

Attached: D199E3B9-533B-4B5F-A80E-1B3F8B5DDDB3.jpg (630x432, 112K)

Yahtzee at least can say he did a small amount of work on a AAA game. Not much but Ubisoft got him to write a side quest in Watch Dogs 3.

>reviewer criticizes something that "doesn't make sense"
>thing gets explained in the very next scene showing the reviewer didn't even watch the movie

>mistercaption
God the reaction to the MHW video was fucking hilarious, imagine spending so much fucking time shitting out overly verbose words to define what makes something "fun" just to be wrong about every complaint regarding a game

Attached: 1568006437157.png (500x652, 531K)

Fucking this.

>first 10 minutes of the “review”
>fucker already has misinterpreted and or missed a load of key points
>comment section is full of people fellating him

Attached: 7E929DDA-2EA6-4E91-BB10-BD5FE5C78BC3.gif (200x200, 2.47M)

>Overreacts to a throwaway joke

I want to make vidya reviews but I'm not sure how to structure them. Is explaining the games' general premise/plot bad, or should I go more in depth on it?

Attached: fear.png (164x202, 50K)

>watching video game analyses

Attached: 1545621474508.png (1200x1080, 1.02M)

RagnarRox is a commie but he analyzes horror media so he's ok.

>Game ending EXPLAINED
>The ending is straightforward as fuck and not even open to interpretation
>They just describe exactly what's happening in the cutscene
>500K+ views

>reviewer gets so mad that he destroys a piece of merchandise relating to the game

Depends. Whitelight, Mandalore, Sseth, Raycevick, Matthewmatosis, Dunkey are all pretty good.

>tfw watched all 7 hours of ShayMay's Omega Ruby analysis and still want more content from him
His Sonic videos were great too but that and ORAS is all he's done which is a shame.

>reviewer gets so mad he takes a bite out of a fistful of maggots

>analyst gripes about some dumb shit that nobody ever cared about
>suddenly everyone else whines about it and now can't talk about the game

Attached: video essayist.jpg (1282x832, 124K)

>food analogy

Attached: 1556213321489.png (660x780, 8K)

This happened to Persona 5

You're right, but I like Clemps. His Nier videos are max kino.

His video got me back into Ultra Sun. I stopped playing it about an hour in because it was pretty shit. I'm now 150+ hours in and I'm enjoying myself breeding and catching shiny pokes. Still fucking salty about the National Dex though.

>Youtube pays better if you get things to 10+ minutes so you can cram more ad runs in there
>Youtube inadvertently cultivates scenario where people who try to make a living off Youtube do nothing but talk about inane garbage to stretch out a two paragraph topic that can be recited in 3 minutes at best, to 10+ minutes if you pad it out with weird gags, literally reading internet comments out loud, and absurd buildup
>then fucking saturate that shit with multiple uploads a week

Youtube don't care as long as you fill up time.

Attached: 1564368002496.jpg (1836x1586, 290K)

That video was nothing but shit people were saying on Yea Forums since launch you newfag.

Exactly, some dumb nitpicks that no one ever cared about.

it depends. A review should result in a score or goof/bad type of thing. if there's no reason to criticize or praise the plot it's almost unnecessary to mention. an overview or something should include it.

>NOBODY WAS SAYING THIS UNTIL HE SAID IT
>Yea Forums was saying this for two years straight
>EXACTLY
Fuck off.
And "over half the relationships in a social sim are fucking shit" isn't a nitpick.

>journalists
>invent articles from nothing for clicks and views

>he found the video of Yea Forums‘s repurposed nitpicks that no one ever cared about to actually be insightful
Spotted the raging newfag

You're getting a 7/10 from me, but no more. You played your hand too early.

TheGamingBritShow.
He is a actually good analysis videos on action games and sometimes on other genres.But he is a little dmc fanboy but still gives good critics.

This is peak Reddit

God no.
He has nothing of worth to say.

Why hasn't there been a youtube essay on what makes Yakuza combat so god tier?

Attached: 1559400108525.webm (748x420, 2.92M)

It doesn't need explaining. Once you play it, you just understand. Kinda like Ninja Gaiden

I still don't understand if this webm is posted unironically in the belief that it actually shows good combat or if that's the joke

because yakuza combat is dogshit. yakuza gameplay is generally shit, which is why any youtube videos about it has to be a montage of how CUHRAYZEE it is, leaving out how fucking boring a slog they actually are.

I think the joke is that it' press x to Oldboy.

People don't do essays on movie "games" because they end up being critiques of the plot, and yakuza's writing is terrible. It doesn't warrant examination. Plus it's over 1000 hours of bullshit so only the biggest aspies would even try. And if you're autistic enough to suffer through all that shit then you're probably unable to discern good from bad writing.

True. Anyone I've ever heard praising Yakuza for the plot was an idiot who never consumed anything other than anime.

I like the writing for how funny it is (both intentionally and not) and the fact that nobody else makes video game telenovelas.

this, majima is so funny when he dances LMAO

Try forming your own opinion first.