This game has already failed

this game has already failed
>4 years since last big halo game
>usually 3 years between each one but because h5 flopped so bad they have no idea what to do
>way too late to revive dead franchise

honestly i want it to succeed but i already know it will flop. how does this shit work with sprint?

>bullet stopping
>sprinting only makes you go slightly faster
>sprinting makes you show up on radar
>no map stretching
only reason ill play is if they nerf sprint this hard. otherwise get it the fuck out of halo

Attached: 18af0d92-15a0-4928-b899-4e7267672865.jpg (1350x759, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u6YdPRyW0DA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i also forgot
>no shield recharge when sprinting
basically a bunch of bad players will be running around 1 shot when they could just walk and actually use the map instead of sprinting past everything

Honestly my biggest gripe is that it's for the next console, not the Xbone - I specifically bought an X to play it.

or you know, just get rid of sprint. But you're a zoomer so you probably don't remember those days.
Didn't they say it'll be on xbone?

>I specifically bought an X to play it.
>assuming its even going to be good
bad move
your standards are pretty low...did you even play 1-3 when they were relevant?

not him but it'll be on the bone the same way early bone games were also on the 360.
ie fucking awful.

no halo game was ever on x1 and 360
mcc doesnt count
how fucking new are you

>halo
you know there are other Xbox games, right?

Sprint is already complete shit and doesn't need more nerfs. Halo 5 gave it so fucking many already that the mechanic is largely unsatisfying to use.

but we're not talking about those

>largely unsatisfying to use.
just like the game itself
i mean look at the size of those fucking maps its not halo

>not one classic halo 1-3 4v4 map
truth doesnt count
the game is slow as fuck because of this shit mechanic

not the guy you're replying to. yeah, there were other games that did that, but halo has always been made specifically for the machine it's on, loaded with optimization and tweaks etc. moreso for the first 5 titles, but still essentially true for 4 and 5

Because somehow infinite will buck the trend of multi generation games being terrible on the previous gen console, right?
Stop being retarded user.

>infinite
are we talking about bioshock or halo? im so fucking confused

Halo (female™) soon.

Attached: apps.48381.65494054591008504.3eb95796-405c-4def-901b-3b53a1c9e001.jpg (1440x2160, 1.19M)

honestly female protag doesnt even bother me
i stopped playing halo for the sp at halo 3 since it truely ended there

oddly enough so did the multiplayer

nice word salad
infinite will be the same and youre retarded for thinking it will be on x1x

Yes, I'm older than you and not a jaded cunt, too, which helps immensely when playing video games

>only reason ill play is if they nerf sprint this hard.
They've already nerfed sprint in Halo 5. Your shield won't recharge while sprinting.

Attached: halo casting.png (1080x638, 642K)

and it still sucks, either they need to remove it or go full retard with options such as wallrunning and double jump.

Halo isn’t Halo anymore. Bungie made Halo games, they created Halo and knew what it was. 343i uses the Halo brand to make games but they don’t make Halo games and this Halo Infinite is no exception. It’s gonna be a shitty open world fortnite esc game riddled with micro transactions

You can't just "walk fast" anymore, I've heard that even nuDoom is adding sprint.

A guy doesn't stand like this, unless he's a fag.

Attached: 1556751625264.jpg (2021x857, 200K)

>Bungie made Halo games, they created Halo and knew what it was.
I see you have never played Reach.

A game made entirely to be a departure from square one and not meant to capture what the original Halos were like?

Yeah, that's precisely what all of 343's Halo games have been. Reach-likes. Literally just recreations of a spinoff Halo game.

Attached: 9f9cd45992d273576bee36b0f3f16656_sdsu-sports-block-archive-kobe-shrug-meme_500-334.jpg (500x334, 64K)

Talk shit about Reach all you want but that game looks like a gem compared to where they took 4 and 5, if only for the writing. It was definitely where Halo started to lose its way but Reach and ODST were where Bungie started being “experimental” with their games, for better or worse

Attached: D35715C9-A0C4-4384-913D-C40D09816D1D.jpg (1535x1893, 152K)

first thing 343fags always do when they hear criticism of their games is
>muh reach

H4 was fine.

I don't think so. I didn't buy or really care about 4 or 5 but I'm interested in Infinite. It looks like they nailed the aesthetic and I'm looking forward to larger and more open levels. If gameplay looks good then I'll definitely buy it day 1.

A simultaneous PC/console release also makes it less of an investment to play because I have no intention of buying the next console.

Sprint AND clamber need to be removed, there is no reason to rape you of control while playing.

youtube.com/watch?v=u6YdPRyW0DA

this

I have a feeling they tried to prepare the fans to accept Sarah Palmer as the upcoming protagonist the moment she appeared but since everybody and their dog hated her they silently dropped her.

Campaign was alright, it had its moments. Multiplayer gave me some enjoyment but for the most part made me want to slam my head into the wall.

The Forerunner enemies might have been cool the first time around but they were definitely not fun to fight afterwards, especially on higher difficulties.

Also I just realized that Halo 4 introduced annoying robot enemies that basically boiled down to “crawling type, humanoid, and flying shield-giver” and that is exactly what Gears 4 tried introducing with their robot enemies. Was there a memo from Microsoft saying they had to include these or are they all that unoriginal?

It might not be MC. That figure is too slender compared to his model seen in the 2019 E3 reveal.

It really was not, it was basically a casualized, butchered version of reach.
Not saying reach didnt have those problems, but its so much worse in 4

>Also I just realized that Halo 4 introduced annoying robot enemies that basically boiled down to “crawling type, humanoid, and flying shield-giver” and that is exactly what Gears 4 tried introducing with their robot enemies. Was there a memo from Microsoft saying they had to include these or are they all that unoriginal?
I wonder if it's related to the [current year] anti-gun ideology that has contaminated the western gaming industry, since they can't remove the guns they've removed the idea of a humanoid enemy by adding robots and drones. Even the new notGhost Recon game has robots and drones instead of a typical Tom Clancy world building.

Attached: 1567170424499.png (1744x1470, 2.63M)

Man FUCK "enhanced" movement. Halo never needed it. It was made for shitty sluggish games like Cowadoody.

An easy solution for this is just to allow shooting while clambering and sprinting. Keep the animation but if you press shoot then it'll interrupt it but the movement will still take place.

then why ever not sprint?

I stopped playing after Reach. If they make it just improved Halo 3 i will still buy it.

I was thinking the same thing. Probably a bunch of under-qualified designers and devs who don’t wanna make anything unpleasant so they make lifeless robots

hurts your thumb
less precision while aiming

Why do you have to have the stupid animation?
It serves NO purpose, just delete it.

seems like a stupid design and a half assed way to keep sprint in.
Good thing youre not a developer

That doesn't sound easy. You know what's easy? Remove it entirely it give us back the old speed/jump.

Even if you can shoot while clambering, it forces you to rub your face against a wall to make any jumps.
Sprint without an animation just rewards holding forward even more.

You can thank Bungie for that.

Bungie made the best Halo games.
343 made dung.

The easy solution is to just not require Clamber for basic jumps and make the player jump high enough to scale typical ledges without facing them.

Attached: 1518392433145.jpg (320x240, 14K)

I know.

This deflection gets you nowhere

>It might not be MC
I'd assume they'll do something like mass defect and make us choose between female and male Master Chief

Attached: 1557998356479.png (720x576, 360K)

The design can change several times from the first trailer to the final version of the game.

You can still jump dingus. Clambering just removes the situation where you think you can make a jump but miss it because your feet clipped the ledge.