Deep Rock Galactic

Free weekend ends in four hours.
Anyone surprised about how much they liked or hated it?
Was the influx of new people fun for any veterans or just a pain in the ass dealing with the wave of scouts?

Attached: Deep Rock Galactic 2019.09.16 - 06.46.09.37.DVR.webm (960x540, 2.89M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/JoinDeepRock/status/1173608249255497728
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can't wait for overclocks

Attached: FSD-Win64-Shipping 2019-09-15 20-34-46-28.png (1920x1200, 2.04M)

i hope they add tons of new enemies soon

Where is the fucking update. I've done everything and have a pile of dwarf cash.

I tried it last night and it seems like only Gunner and Driller have any purpose whatsoever.

How so? Driller and scout have the best stuff, engie and gunner are more for support

Gunner is the most cucked dwarf, unless he can just sit on zipline. Scout is amazing at everything except killing a lot of trash bugs.

Engi is great for the MULE missions and helping to bunker down for the defense waves at the end.
The decoys, grenade launcher, and turrets make Engineer absurdly good at clearing large waves of the grunts and smaller bugs.
The platform gun can be very versatile, giving people a quick way to hop down from high ledges, blocking off vertical tunnels entirely during swarms, giving people room to move during ambushes on thin bridges and whatnot.
Scout makes everyone's lives easier with their flares lighting up entire rooms ceiling to floor so people don't have to resort to scanning the darkness above with the laser to avoid missing anything.
They're also incredibly good at hunting down objective ore veins and reaching downed people quickly.
Together they can speed up a mission a ton by immediately handling any veins high off the ground with a platform and hookshot.
The real challenge is getting both of them to pay attention long enough to get anything done.

>Where is the fucking update
Fuck, I forgot that was the whole reason for the free weekend.
I wonder what it's adding.

Attached: Deep Rock Galactic Cave In.webm (960x540, 2.89M)

Longer missions with some kind of weapon mod reward lottery like in warframe.

>Longer missions with some kind of weapon mod reward lottery like in warframe
Hell no. fuck warframe

I don't think it will have grind like Warframe. It's just new mods that you can only unlock doing these missions.

>weapon mod reward lottery
That's too vague, could be good and could be bad.
Guess I'll get the details soon.

not yet, they're giving us the resource for the cosmetics and upgrades and then we'll get a challenge to unlock them in the update afterwards

Attached: Deep Rock Galactic 2019.09.16 - 06.14.27.36.DVR.webm (960x540, 2.49M)

For Karl!

>Install it
>Friend sees its free weekend, installs
>Co-op as Well Engineer and Scout for 7 hours
>Haven't done co-op gaming like that in a long while.
>“So you love this for the mining and action, but hate Terraria for the same reasons “
>Friend confirms this.
Fuck. It's really fun and neither one of us poorfags can afford it right now. Still, I'm impressed. Though losing my save is probably going to stop me from buying it.

I hope you can get it on christmas sale or something. It's really good for relaxing after a day of bullshit. Put on some podcast and just dwarf about.

DIE LIKE YOUR MOTHER DID

It's a fun co-op game. It just doesn't have the legs that other co-op shooters have. I know people will hate me for saying this, but I and many others put a ton of hours into Payday 2 back when it released. There aren't enough guns in Deep Rock Galactic. The guns are interesting and varied, yes, but there's only so many. In my experience, games about constantly running similar missions over and over need elements to mix it up -- and the most common go-to for that are different guns or interesting mission variation.

>Though losing my save is probably going to stop me from buying it.
This. I'm not doing that tutorial slog again.

>It just doesn't have the legs
>game is about dwarves
Oh you.

All the guns in Payday 2 were basically the same or there was always one of each class that was the best are you a fucking retard? Variety =/= good you mong.

I don't know why everyone thinks gunner is so weak. I'm having a blast with him, what even comes close in terms of practical dps? His gun is a laser beam once it's spun up and ammo efficient. I've never felt like I'm not carrying my weight with him, what shreds hordes of grunts better than he does?

That is because it is a lot smaller project than something like Payday 2
On the other hand, it does get content faster than Risk of Rain 2 for example

>Though losing my save
What?

>Don't own game
>Lose save
? What's not to get?

Three missions back to back with mutators that has a set seed for the week. I remember them saying the rewards wouldn't be too RNG based. You can get shit that you want.

>what even comes close in terms of practical dps
I'd hope nothing, that's his primary purpose in a group.
Maybe Engi can handle the small fry a bit better, but Gunner is easily the best thing to have around when a walking nuke shows up to fight.

Surprisingly good, but not for $20.

Engie doesn't have range and on haz 5 you get more warriors which he struggles against with their heavier armor.

You don't keep your progress once you actually buy it?

Anyone else here think it's dumb as shit doing the free weekend right BEFORE the big update?

>Variety =/= good

It's worth the price, yeah. The procedural generation, for me, doesn't go far enough to differentiate one outing from another.

Not really.
The big update is supposedly focused on end game, so it'd have little effect on people just starting out.
If anyone does get into it, then they get the update to look forward to along with everyone else.

The procedural generation does get lot more demanding when you play lvl 4-5 digs
That is when even just traversing tunnels requires a driller to make pathways

Anyone stop playing V2 to play this? Sick of Fatshark's shit and thinking about playing this, but it looks rather boring.

Yeah retard variety isn’t necessarily a good thing you need to get your ears checked nigga.
This game is waaaaaaay better than Payday 2 purely from a design aspect. You just want something to grind for. Glad you arn’t playing this game anymore leaf lover.

You've got like two or three hours to do the tutorial and then run with some people.
It's the whole point of the game being free, why not try it instead of asking for biased opinions here?

The devs are way less shitty than Fatshit if that’s enough for you. VT2 is basically ded at this point.
I was 30 with all my heroes and had full oranges, but they kept being shitty with their practices. I play this now instead for my horde-esque/map traversal game and it’s a lot better than what VT2 became.

had no idea there was a free weekend and not everybody is at their home computer 100% of the time

you can play this game for free with friends using the download on igg and smart steam emu.

>flying enemies clip through the dropship
That's utter horseshit

You keep your progress through the steam cloud even if you don't buy it, how did you not know this?

>had no idea there was a free weekend
Obviously not before this thread, but it's been mentioned in the thread a few times by now so I assumed you'd have known before you posted.
>and not everybody is at their home computer 100% of the time
Which is why I asked why you'd be wasting time making posts here instead of playing it.
Sorry you had to miss out though, user.

Attached: 1567877225000.gif (500x400, 1.21M)

>Though losing my save is probably going to stop me from buying it.
You aren't.

Man, Id probably buy this game if I had any buddies interested to buy it with me, but sadly none seem to care for it. Playing solo is alright, but I can see myself being bored of it by the end of tomorrow, especially after the last run I did where I was kiting about 50 mobs behind me collecting mission objectives and exfilling.

Community of this game is great. I've always played with someone, never needed to solo.

what loadout should I use on driller, I don't really like any of his weapons

If you don't like any of his weapons why would you play as him?

Because I'm an autist who likes having every class the same level, also demolition and map destruction is fun.

Flamethrower, just go 100% damage on all his perks. Don't fuck with sticky flames or slow or anything, all damage.

Flamer with both extra ammo packs and explosions from direct flame. I like extended range too.
Secondary is always plasma charger with mods that add ammo, reduce ammo usage and add to AoE effect.

What's the meta on the Plasma gun? Are you supposed to only use charged shots like the Scout Rifle?

dont listen to they're haz 2 babies
take freezegun and go all in freeze with shatter on final upgrade

Yea, if you see several grunts always charge a shot. With mod it's only 5 ammo out of 160 and it oneshots several. Uncharged spam can help you in a pinch, but you should not need it more than once per game.

Don't listen to this Elf, he's trying to trick you with his ice bullshit.
Burn 'em all.

Attached: 30221399_942794062556106_636120888881709056_n.png (809x820, 701K)

Freezegun is trash. It's only useful on Dreadnought missions. Flamer with explosions is much more useful.

are you retarded by any means, never use charge shot, they take ages
always go uncharged, it ignores all armor and does enough damage
>better in all regrads and even stuns enemies
>can even deal with big bugs
shame youll never experience this since your little cigarette lighter feels like a big boy gun on haz 2

Imagine how much of a fag you have to be to antagonise people over Deep Rock, like the friendliest community of the moment

Do you simply enjoy being completely wrong and talking out of your ass?

Attached: 1379280463560.jpg (500x447, 55K)

i play on haz 5 exclusively
fight me nigger

>I always use the absolute most perfect build to fit the meta instead of using what's fun.

Attached: 1526978549876.jpg (349x237, 8K)

I don't care what you do, just don't give shitty advice. Flamer is perfectly suited for Haz5 because thicker crowd of bugs means more explosions and you can clear whole screen in two seconds.

It was fun playing with new people. Most of them had their heads on straight, and learned the stuff they should know quickly.

Upgrading pick axe makes it mine faster or is it just meme melee build?

You always mine at the same speed as any dwarf with any upgrades. (Unless you mine with C4 packs like a madman)

Think you can upgrade AoE or reduce cooldown on charged attack which is actually pretty useful in a pinch.

The upgrades are for the Power Attack.

>tricking newcomers into your shitty meme gun
>gets overrun by one praetorian
yeah though luck bucko, if only you had a aoe gun which wasnt shit

Flamer is better against praetorians, you dumbass. You just have to set them on fire a couple times.

The flamer eats praetorians though. The freeze ray is ok, but for clearing hordes the flamer is king.

>couple times
yeah 20 lol, meanwhile freezegun lets you shatter it with one clip
>The flamer eats praetorians
lul
you never see flamethrower in haz 5 besides lost low levels which didnt unlock it yet
thats how i know youre lying

Can we all just agree this asshole has nothing of value to say and move on

pic related is warframe
this game looks fun.

Attached: ononononNONONONO.png (335x286, 5K)

Shatter has low chance of proc. Driller can efficiently kill Praetorians only with C4 or throwing axes. Freeze gun is only setting them up for someone else to do crit damage. Flamer eventually kills them.

Agreed.

>that pic
What happened to Warframe?

DE

Did they finally add pay2win to Warframe to rake in serious cash?

even with one shatter(two are almost guranteed) you kill it faster than with flamer

People are getting woke to how generic and elongated the game is. Fucking game is a generic gacha time sink with a half assed movement/combat packed on top.

same counts for you cunt

Nah. It just got boring because of no content and no endgame. And DE does nothing to fix their old broken content i.e. lunaro, archwing, erc...

you do, the user is just retarded

I agree, I always hated it but was just interested to see what finally tipped people over realising how awful it is.

they pissed off the chinese playerbase by firing one translator that worked FREE for 5 years and replaced with google translate tier translator,
i personally believe is karma doing its thing.

Goddamn, what a clown show.

Wait, if they were working for free, how did they get fired?

I heard some of those people are ALSO review bombing because they listed Hong Kong and Taiwan as "countries" though
by not letting him work on it?

why you apes lying when I can just open up the steam page and see all the angry Chinese accounts
I WISH that's what the negative reviews were for, but the cows would never grow wise to their skinner box

I mean, did they say the company president's mother was ugly, or something?

its DE
the funny thing is that the western playerbase eat shit by de on daily basis and if you dare criticize anything in the game the de drones army will swarm you and if you are dumb enough to have used the official forums your post will be deleted and you could even risk your account banned till 2035
while chinese at the first bullshit just flinging shit nonstop at de, its pretty hilarious
first time i like china for something

*spooks you*

Attached: 01.png (1590x497, 1.06M)

The bugmen are upset because a translator got fired. What they forget to tell is that said translator leaked info to the hive and was thus squashed. But the pheromones released from the kill has agitated the nest.
They can't english, so they're seething on their part of steam.

Attached: insects stronk.png (540x349, 11K)

This guy screams with full-on s o y face when opening his CS:GO loot boxes. DRG has more 'legs' than something like Left 4 Dead 1/2 which people are still playing all these years later.

Because DE is owned by china you scatterbrained lumb of lard.
That's why the chinks gets better shit, like primed streamlined (for the uninitiated it's essentially just better gear) and other digital goodies simply to appease the bugs.

But user, those games have lots of mods with cute girls.

When will we be able to buy this again? I missed it last time ;_;

Driller still feels underwhelming, he's incredibly ammo-inefficient on higher hazards and relies too heavily on his mates to kill frozen targets.
His off-hand is a carpal-tunnel simulator and the alternative seems to not fare much better.
Overall you're better off just going x2 scouts x2 engineer - also nerf the fucking scout-sniper, holy shit it's powerful.

October's a couple of weeks away, you can probably buy it then.

>looks it up
>its real and now hitting 640+
holy shit DE stepped on a hive here
here's a review I copied from a "YakozakiSora"

'For those new to the game and are wondering why theres a sudden influx of negative reviews...its Chinese being as always...and im Chinese as well so i dont see them as speaking for me....There are also lies about "bad connections" and terrible acts by the developers.

The real incident is basically a Chinese person leaking information about DE/Warframe online then getting fired from his position (who wouldve guessed????) leaving the Chinese translation as a badly done mess similar to Google Translate because the translator decided to be a .

So what happens? Overzealous Chinese players start pushing the blame onto DE when it was one of them who leaked secret information then tried to get a job at DE proceeding to them firing him when they learned of what he did....

TL:DR being people...How you see DE at fault here when you leaked the data is astounding...'

>I heard some of those people are ALSO review bombing because they listed Hong Kong and Taiwan as "countries" though

you are correct on that front as well:
"review" from a chink

>1、 Taiwan and Hong Kong are inseparable territories of China since ancient times. Therefore, it is necessary to change the "country" on the official website to "country and region".

You are wrong. Flamer with extra fuel tanks and explosions fucking rocks Haz5. I've just had a game where I killed 443 bugs without even noticing.

freezer>flamer
the drill is most powerful weapon in the game

>freezer>flamer
Wrong. But you also don't know how to use plasma charger, so you probably just have inner city American IQ.

How do you use the plasma charger?

Kite enemies to follow you and bunch them up while sprinting, then jump and fire off charged shot in the middle, this kills a ton of bugs instantly and then you switch to flamer to clean up and let plasma charger cool down.

>he doesnt ricochet his uncharged bullets in the tunnels he digged
but hands down, flamer sucks massive ass
you dont charge them, its a noob trap
dont let anyone tell you otherwise, they fell in love with the idea to shoot as many bugs as once even tho a situation for this very rarely happens and even then can other classes clear way more easily
>kiting enemies when you can drill a tunnel and use your freezer

When will we see a use for that cube-thing?

It's just a joke. It's called Err:ore.

Gives you EXP

Potentially soon. They might have some use next update.

maybe it'll be used to pimp your gun?

Maybe. They did mention they'd be adding new weapon skins, maybe it'll be used as material for that stuff.

Pick axe upgrades give it a power attack and buff that attack.
Get used to using it, it can save you a bunch of ammo.

>by firing one translator that worked FREE for 5 years
This sentence is so retarded it has to be true.
>hey asshole your ass is fired!
>but boss, I work for free...
>Enough excuses, bring your stuff with you!
Cool
>also nerf the fucking scout-sniper, holy shit it's powerful.
Fuuuuuck off. Scout has already been nerfed before

Soon twitter.com/JoinDeepRock/status/1173608249255497728

Attached: mpv 2019-09-15 02-18-00-77.png (1904x1070, 1.29M)

Neat.

Attached: soldier.png (1240x900, 1.06M)

>Scout has already been nerfed before
I understand he was hot garbage before, but come on. The guy is a literal powerhouse, sniping spitballurs in 2 shots and picking off acidspitters at a rate of 0.5 seconds. There's no reason to use anything other than the m1000 on scout, it's too much.

>most useless class combat wise is too powerful
play on higher difficulties maybe

>There's no reason to use anything other than the m1000 on scout, it's too much
It's fine but you're right that AR is shit but that just means AR and shotgun needs a bufff. Shotty doesn't have nearly enough ammo. AR just tickles everything so it's pretty boring to use

Hell yeah

Attached: 1552082897976.jpg (480x423, 89K)

driller is gay and pointless

I'm haz5 or bust every game, it one-shots EVERYTHING except praetorians which it can stun until death at the 5th shot. But you don't even have to do that, you can just plink it once for stun, zip behind it and fill its ass with the streetsweeper.

M1000 is fine, there just aren't any other weapons that fill a similar role (long range burst damage) so obviously it's going to be a must pick.

>tfw

skill rewards damage, you dont one shot everything unless you hit a weakpoint
go play a round with 4 scouts if you think hes strong

>still 10 days away
FUCK

forgot my pic

Attached: file.png (257x23, 2K)

Having class-balance is important.
That's why I take issue with overpowered classes. Engineer + Scout is essential, and now due to the m1000 you can quite easily go x2 engi x2 scout but you can't go x2 driller x2 gunner because those classes SUCK in comparison.

>it one-shots EVERYTHING except praetorians which it can stun until death at the 5th shot
Really? With what upgrades?

Is it even worth it to mine anything other than the crafting minerals? Why not just rush haz 5 instead?

I missed the free weekend since I was away from my desktop for the past week. But the webms and gameplay I've seen make it look intriguing.

Is it still worth buying on discount if I don't have any friends and would have to play with randoms or Yea Forums?

@478223768
weak bait

The easiest thing is still to have a balanced team in my opinion. Driller can drill + bomb to create a hole that's easy to defend, engie can shoot platforms so scout can collect minerals fast, gunner can kill things fast, etc.

DRG has a small community, randoms are generally reliable. Yea Forums lobbies would be nice but I haven't seen anyone hosting yet.

Yeah, the community's pretty chill and fairly competent.

I opened up the game just for you user.

Attached: Bugsquasher3000.png (969x925, 432K)

Zhukov ammo won't last if you're spamming it. This is why you need a gunner.

is there a meta build for gunner? I keep going for cooldown and damage on minigun and damage and reload speed on autocannon (which feels weaker)

>doesnt even have all upgrades

>using the zhukov in the first place

why would I get the rest, this is all you need.

it shows you havent played the game long enough

I want it to be balanced, so that you need/want all classes present. But as it is currently you can quite handidly avoid using gunner and driller.

>EVERYTHING except praetorians which it can stun until death at the 5th shot
Atleast pretend you read what I wrote.

+150 hours isn't enough
I like the game, but implying you haven't seen it all by that point is just retarded.

Using the same upgrades but it doesn't kill all enemies in one hit, most survive with a little bit of HP left

Attached: FSD-Win64-Shipping 2019-09-16 19-15-41-63.png (1920x1200, 1.26M)

Phermones even worth equipping? Cryo is better than the IFG?

Not that user didn't see the original post. It one shots trash but it's 2s between shots and only if you hit a weakpoint. You wouldn't be able to keep up with all the shit the game throws at you.

i have 150 aswell and unlocked everything a long time ago, youre clearly lying or a shitter

>buy all the shit upgrades or you're a shitter!
nah I just don't have autism. I don't have to buy an upgrade to tell it's shit. Also the skin looks like ass, Deepcore or bust.

post your credits then

I use 3-2-1-1-2 on my minigun. Make use of your range and keep your barrel spinning by tapping m1. You can swap to faster firerate and spinup speed if you want more mobility though I think this build is weaker overall. Auto cannon seems kind of shit to me. Try an AoE build and see how that works out for you.

nvm you did
>16K
wew

>muh credits
What is this shit, lol.
What's the cutoff point for a valid opinion?

I want to fight space elves on skiffs on the surface of Hoxxes IV

They seem pretty trash to me. Used cryo tons of times and it just works

By not spouting bullshit that can easily be proven wrong

Attached: 1568516050231.gif (500x281, 2.4M)

There's absolutely nothing on Hoxxes IV's surface and elves wouldn't be caught dead on that shithole.
All the elves are in upper management.

>It one shots trash
It oneshots;
Mactera fliers
Acidspitters
Webspitters (lol)

Everything else is a two-shot or 3-shot, goo-bombers survive with 5% hp after you've popped its ballsack. It is ridiculously ammo-efficient and it over-shadows everything in performance.

it shows youre clearly lying, your validation just went down the river
now back to haz 2 with you

You understand that some upgrades are worthless, right?
There's no reason to buy everything you dimwit.

I enjoyed it but I don't think I $30 enjoyed it.

You basically finish the tutorial "campaign" in a couple hours, and the rest is just grinding for upgrades. Mining 300 of that fucking black resource missions is absolute fucking aids. I prefer egg/boss/aquarq missions to those.
Weirdly, the egg and aquarq missions are way easier with Bosco since you can just point him across the map at the general location and he goes and fetches it for you while you do whatever.

I'll probably grab it if it goes on a 50% sale but probably wont be a big playerbase left.
I kinda regret using my time to grind up Driller because I wanted to see how the ice gun was and it's fucking trash.

Attached: 1542596907224.gif (491x704, 3.22M)

You're wrong. Now that overclocks is a thing we can finally try out new builds

Attached: Mmmm more damage.png (1395x714, 562K)

It's not a game that you "beat". It's like all the games where people fuck around, like multiplayer coop garbage and minecraft...

I tried aoe build in hazard 4 and is only good at clearing the tiny critters, you end up doing mostly friendly fire.

Like I said trash. Those enemies are easy for every class to kill. Gunner is more ammo efficient.

>tfw bought it from a keysite for $3 or something
>never really played it for more than one or two hours
I feel this is the kind of game you really need friends for

Auto-cannon doesn't do friendly fire with AoE, moron.

>Gunner is more ammo efficient.
Okay, now I know you're trash, lol.
No surprise really, it's always the most loudmouthed anons that turns out to be the biggest shitters.

I understand that, I went in expecting a shitty indie Left 4 Dead and came out surprised at how much there actually was, but the mission variety is only... I dunno. I feel like I saw everything there was to see and not sure how engaged I could get beyond that. But I did enjoy the ride.

>Retard who can't aim or doesn't have accuracy/armor pen

Yeah, I'm wrong in the future. Right now I'm right.

>I saw everything there was to see
Which game isn't like that? Do you expect every game to have Ubisoft open world amount of filler?

>eats all the resupplies
>hey guys gunner is ammo-efficient!

Attached: 1529663522257.jpg (800x450, 42K)

I don't particularly enjoy Ubisoft games, but I understand what point you're trying to make. Maybe it was sticking with Driller that gave me such a mediocre experience while my friend flew around as the scout but there didn't seem to be much more of the game I cared about after and the guns didn't feel particularly satisfying and the ice cannon being shit really killed the grind for me.

>we warframe now

You can get really good with randoms and carry them but yeah it's fun with friends
it's what I did with Vermintide2 as well

Like I said you can't aim.
>4 bullets out of 2400 for gunner to kill a web spitter
>1 bullet out of 50 for scout to kill a web spitter
48 minigun bullets for 1 rifle bullet, it's not even remotely close.

you should be able to upgrade molly so she can dispense booze. also give me reddit gold

Now try comparing ammo-usage against carriers, spitballurs, detonators and praetorians.

We weren't talking about those, just trash. Scout is great against the big bugs that's obvious but he will get gangbanged by waves of grunts without a gunner covering him.

A-ha, well then we're in agreement.
>Like I said trash
Figured you were calling me trash.

>he will get gangbanged by waves of grunts
Nah, Scout can deal with grunts no problemo because he has 8 slowing nades.

That's nice, what do you plan to kill them with. Zhukov ammo won't last long.

Im shocked how much I loved it. I bought the game, super super enioyable.

things are heating up in the DRG threads

Attached: 1556891119439.gif (728x404, 2.28M)

>pheromone
only worth using to meme on detonators
>cryo
driller has this covered

IFG is hands down scout's best grenade.

I have yet to run out of ammo on Scout. Just pop these bugs in the face. You make it sound like a hundred grunts target you and nobody else.

>I have yet to run out of ammo on Scout
You're either playing on haz 2 or your team is carrying you.

You're supposed to fullfill your roles.
Scout takes every high priority enemy, while all the plebs handle the trash. Bless m1000

What is this haz2 obsession? I play on haz5 and haz4 if there no good haz5 missions.
M1000, Zhukovs and 8 IFGs are more than enough to deal with stray grunts. Scout can not be overrun by them. Now swarmers, that's a problem.

if my scout thinks that, i would kick him

>you don't run out of ammo when your team is doing all the killing for you
woah...

>all the killing
>this user over here thinking he has to do everything
maybe get some non-mouthbreathing friends.

get in fags
server: vidya
pass: rage
haz 4 fungus bogs salvage mission

>missed the free weekend
fug

You're not helping. You just like to think you are.

>fight space elves on the surface
That'd be hilarious for a new region, but trying to make all the kits function properly on the surface would be hell.
Would have to spend the entire time in valleys and treetops to even have a chance at avoiding how awful a lot of the abilities would be in open flat areas.

>nobody joins
fuck you cunts

Well I'm about to make dinner user what the fuck do you want from me? I need my chicken for protein so I can get swole

>been playing this on Xbone since Microsoft showed it at E3
>mfw any time a thread springs up
Glad to see some fellow moiners on Yea Forums

its a shame Sea of Thieves was developed by Rare, if they were an actual early access dev like Ghost Ship and made SoT 30$ I feel like we'd actually have similar threads, they're both grindy 'fun with friends' games that let you just fuck around as a Dwarf/Pirate

Attached: d7b.png (500x373, 247K)

Combat in Sea of Thieves sucks scrotum. I wouldn't play that game had it been free.

I saw the trailer for it at E3 and just ignored it because it looked lame. But they updated it so much I bought it when it was 15 bucks and looked way better. Kinda wish I could spend more money to customize my room though

Solution: make them space Drow, dark elves that hail from planet Underdark. They try to raid the space rig occasionally as pirates or directly interfere with your mission via drop pods, like the updated Player Joining pods

Attached: 300px-DEWarrior.jpg (300x390, 51K)

How am I supposed to play driller? I don't fully understand my role and I feel like the flamethrower sucks ass.

I know, it's my biggest complaint too. I just wish Rare wasn't this inflated ego Microsoft goblin of a studio, if they were an indie dev they'd be more likely to flat out admit combat is shit and promise to fix it.

Attached: 1561922750863.png (576x325, 212K)

Dig tunnel-staircases so your team can just ignore terrain

Attached: mustaches.jpg (300x225, 12K)

Crowd control, focus on swarmers and naedocytes. Use your drills to build stairs and bunkers. Get to minerals in the ceiling and gems. Excavate around the obj on salvage.

>I feel like the flamethrower sucks ass
No, it's you. Slap two ammo reserve upgrades, longer range and explosions from direct fire. Then bunch up bugs following you and let loose.
Your job as Driller is making sure that everything other dwarves can't access is handled by you. Make access tunnels and shortcuts.

You're the trashman. Your flamerthrower kills the little things instantly with little effort, controls hordes with explosions and fear, and you can mulch bigger guys with detpacks and axes. Also, you're the least resource-heavy terrain navigator for the team, and the quickest way to the escape pod on roundabout spawns.

the flamethrower gets more consistent coverage than the engie's nade launcher, and you can plow through dirt and any tunnel blockers real quick.
there's also the satchel charges for blowing the shell off of dreadnoughts or un-building a wall in even more of a hurry

the terrain map is your best friend as a driller
you can often find easy places to make shortcuts or just hop over into an unexplored tunnel just by paying attention

when its time to leave, just put the exit in the center of your screen, hold w, and drill until you reach the pod

if you're far away, make sure the team is with you
otherwise you'll get swarmed in there before you reach the pod and die alone

Satchels are wasted on dreadnoughts, let your scout deal with that shit or axe em. Better to upgrade radius and one shot huge packs of grunts or build bunkers with them.

Attached: 02.png (500x390, 303K)

>missed the free weekend
What a pity. Redpill me on this game, like does it get repetitive/boring fast?

Either you love it or you don't. What is it you want? If you're expecting minecraft with guns you'll be disappointed.

To me it just looks like a fun FPS with some mining and destruction thrown in. How are the physics?

>does it get repetitive/boring fast
I've played for hundreds of hours. It's just a relaxing job simulator, but you can do intense missions too. If you want a game to kill time in coop with other dwarves, it's a winner.

Depends on how many of the roles you like to play imo.
Even if you only like one, you could still get a solid 30+ hours just doing your intro assignment and leveling up that one role to unlock its guns and cosmetics.
If you enjoy more than one, then you can switch it up not just by environment and difficulty, but by your responsibilities in the cave which would make it last way longer.

Standard UE4 physics.

When's this shit coming out?

When it's finished

Can you family share this game?

I don't see why not.

why is the subata so fucking bad. I might as well just use my pickaxe.

Because not only it's outclassed by plasma pistol but it's also annoying to use. I wish subata had a upgrade similar to engineer's shotgun upgrade that boosts fire rate and turns it fully automatic.

Why even bother, plasma is ten times better.

>There are people that unironically think that a team of all 4 classes being played well isn't the best team
>They've never been saved from wipe by a gunner shield or zipline hopping
>They've never had a comfy walk back to pod with a driller bro
>They've never seen the engie scout bromance of resource gathering and bridge making

Attached: 8jEAU9e.gif (450x524, 66K)

Warframe has been pay to win like literally forever what the fuck are you talking about? You're not one of those idiots who goes "Okay but if you just trade with the people who paid for the microtransactions with stuff you grinded for hours you get the same stuff so obviously it's not pay to win right?" are you?

That dude is a true fucking moron. How can he actively acknowledge the translation into his native language as a "badly done mess similar to Google Translate" and still go "But it's not their fault stop giving it bad reviews!"

Oh cool so there is content locked behind limited events?

Hard pass.