Death Stranding:

Now that it's been proven to be a game, and not a walking simulator, let's discuss. I'll ask some questions to get it going.

What sort of structures do you imagine we'll be able to build, other than the ones we've seen so far such as bridges, shelters, and item lockers? Could the game possibly be full of player-made cities after a few months?

Do you think all the hinting towards the Ludens suit being in the game will amount to anything? If it does end up being in the game, what do you think it will be, just a cool ass spacesuit or something special?

What sort of tools do you imagine there being? Just ladders, ropes, and drones, or will it take on from MGSV and have a variety of different gadgets to use?

What is the role of the 5 figures in the sky, and why has Kojima been doing everything but talking about them? Are they humans who look pitch black because of distance, or black goo like the B.Ts? If they're humans, is the "super secret character" that no one in the cast knows the role of one of them?

Attached: fivefiguresburgersandfries.png (3584x2016, 3.46M)

Other urls found in this thread:

arch.b4k.co/v/thread/477996302/#478010196
youtube.com/watch?v=wG0iFysW-kc
watchkin.com/9b1f1adc49#ID:791ef6g9a942
youtube.com/watch?v=vuMZbugZE2A
youtube.com/watch?v=lFHYxLEUTwE
youtube.com/watch?v=BBgghnQF6E4
youtube.com/watch?v=M4t4TjGB_Zo
gameinformer.com/interview/2019/09/16/hideo-kojima-answers-our-questions-about-death-stranding?amp&__twitter_impression=true
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Death Stranding is Silent Hills.

Attached: silentstranding.png (1600x755, 1.19M)

>What sort of structures do you imagine we'll be able to build, other than the ones we've seen so far such as bridges, shelters, and item lockers? Could the game possibly be full of player-made cities after a few months?
Kojima said in that long ass interview we can eventually build highways.

Which one? Sounds incredibly interesting. The voice actor one?

It wasn't the stage event. He did an interview, some user dumped around 6 pages of where he said highways were eventually possible.

Which thread was this? Do you have a link?

arch.b4k.co/v/thread/477996302/#478010196

Attached: 1568501233115.jpg (1080x2340, 656K)

Oh wait. I think this might actually be one of the stage events.

Thanks, i'll read it. Always nice to get more info on the game.

In the 48 mins of gameplay video, he also mentioned that when you see other Sam's footprints, if enough players take that same path they will eventually become visible, beaten paths.

I'm really curious to see how this all shakes out. This little gimmick is honestly the thing that will probably sell me on it at release, it's something I imagine you will want to experience at release.

I read the translations for that video and they didn't have it. I wish there was a full transcript but I believe we're getting an English version soon considering Kojima was posting pictures of things we saw in the private room demo but in English.

The game has a lot of gimmicks, from the other world shit to craters destroying the area you die, and now that? All very interesting.

>5 different horror show shitpost threads full of literal drooling retards
>1 actual thread trying to talk about the game
>it's fucking dead
is there a non-reddit location i can go to discuss this game?

youtube.com/watch?v=wG0iFysW-kc

Someone added english CC for this video. In this it's at 22:05, "By the way, if you keep chasing footprints, it will eventually become a road."

20:05 not 22:05. fuck i should really be sleeping.

Ok discuss it, why the fuck are there five giants?

>What sort of structures do you imagine we'll be able to build, other than the ones we've seen so far such as bridges, shelters, and item lockers? Could the game possibly be full of player-made cities after a few months?

Doubt it. For one Kojima said that players who play the game offline won't miss out on any major mechanics but also it'd clutter the map withing a very short time. I thin what we've seen is what we'll get. Mostly a means to share helpful items.

>Do you think all the hinting towards the Ludens suit being in the game will amount to anything? If it does end up being in the game, what do you think it will be, just a cool ass spacesuit or something special?

Seeing how Geoff Keighley's character is a fan of them I assume they are some famous explorers or soldiers in that world. Either that or they actually are fictional characters there but Sam seems to have some relation to them so they are or were presumably real people.

>What sort of tools do you imagine there being? Just ladders, ropes, and drones, or will it take on from MGSV and have a variety of different gadgets to use?

It'll have a lot of stuff to craft, I'm sure. Knowing Kojima, probably a lot of gimmicky shit.

>What is the role of the 5 figures in the sky, and why has Kojima been doing everything but talking about them?

Your guess is as good as mine. Probably BTs or some other kind of extradimensonal entities.

>is there a non-reddit location i can go to discuss this game?
Not unless you have friends who are interested in discussing it, or you bump this thread. It'll pick up eventually.....

I never thought something like that would happen, thank you very much for showing me. Time to take a listen to this.

>giants
kek

No one really knows yet, but they're definitely extremely important to the story. Could they be the Homo Ludens, the men who play?

Do we have to pay PS+ for this?

Ludens are the people in the space suit though. Die Hardman's mask says 'Ludens' on it and it's the same mask worn in the space suit.

Why is BB inside Sam's throat sometimes in these trailers? Any theories about that?

Don't know yet. There are other games with asynchronous online that don't need PS+, but it depends how greedy Sony's feeling.

could just be a kojima joke.
we are all still kids on the inside type of thing

Attached: death stranding milky.webm (900x720, 2.31M)

Nah, Cliff and Sam both have surgical wounds on their belly.

>but also it'd clutter the map withing a very short time.
They've apparently got a pretty elegant way of solving that.
As far as i understand it you get a random selection of other peoples shit.
If you like it, you give it a [like] and it propergates to other people who can in turn give it a [like] too until it's in everyones game.
The cost is that you have a maxium number of [like]'s and the only way to get more is to recieve them from other players.
We'll inevitably have meme things like GIANT DICK LADDER but other than that it's a self stabalising system as far as i can see, people will like useful things and not like dumb things.

Hmm. If you look closely you can see a vehicle in the Silent Hill screenshot, and a clever observer will note that there are vehicles in the Death Stranding screenshot. The original poster also highlighted a human being in both games, meaning that humans exist in both games.
Yes, this image has convinced me. Silent Hills IS Death Stranding. There's just no other explanation for this evidence.

At what point in the "gameplay" video does it become a game?

>Doubt it. For one Kojima said that players who play the game offline won't miss out on any major mechanics but also it'd clutter the map withing a very short time. I thin what we've seen is what we'll get. Mostly a means to share helpful items.
I think that especially with stuff like highways being confirmed to be able to be built, the map getting "cluttered" is probably part of the gimmick, it would represent America being rebuilt.

>Seeing how Geoff Keighley's character is a fan of them I assume they are some famous explorers or soldiers in that world. Either that or they actually are fictional characters there but Sam seems to have some relation to them so they are or were presumably real people.
The Extra-Vehicular Creative Activity suit is quite obviously a space suit, but is there more to it? They could have been astronauts, maybe Sam being a former one of them? But the suit appears to have a carrying device on the back similar to Sam's exoskeletons so they could have been people who explored and set up bases on other planets, which would make more sense if Sam was one than simple astronauts.

>It'll have a lot of stuff to craft, I'm sure. Knowing Kojima, probably a lot of gimmicky shit.

There's a 3D printer used for crafting with resources in the game, I hope Kojima doesn't go the microtransaction route with it like in MGSV, but I have a feeling that was purely Konami. I'm fine with gimmicky stuff though if it's cool gimmicks.

>Your guess is as good as mine. Probably BTs or some other kind of extradimensonal entities.
Perhaps involved with the Death Stranding event? Cliff could be one of them.

Some people have theorized that the Homo Ludens are an evolution from humans, but whatever they are it's not entirely implausible that they're something different than just the suit because the suit itself isn't directly called the Ludens suit or anything, just indirectly and unofficially. Maybe it's created by them?

You do also get likes in single player, though. In the presentation the Bridge Baby gave a bunch of likes after defeating that lion miniboss and I think you also get them for doing sidequests like that delivery to the musician. I'm gonna assume they also act as some sort of currency in single player.

I'm playing, just so I can make American whole again and reconnect the country.

:'(

well i guess we just have to wait and see

>Now that it's been proven to be a game, and not a walking simulator....
but that's just incorrect, OP

I gotta be honest, I kind of love how autistic the inventory system is. You can even pick where to store specific equipment, like in this section he chooses where to put the grenades on Sam.

Given how far they've gone with this, it's kind of hard not to be excited about being a mail man. Had they gone the haphazard route, it wouldn't have been nearly as exciting, but they're really going far with this system.

Attached: cargo.jpg (1920x1080, 932K)

It actually is: watchkin.com/9b1f1adc49#ID:791ef6g9a942

Attached: Kojima.jpg (727x484, 46K)

Still seems like an effort involved so hopefully things wont get too cluttered, but time will tell i suppose.

>Perhaps involved with the Death Stranding event? Cliff could be one of them.

The scene in the release date trailer and that brief flashback in the safe room video are making me think that Mads was probably some sort of scientist working on whatever eventually cause the big cataclysm. He was probably the person who came up with the technology to use bridge babies to bridge the gap between two seperate dimensions. The baby in a jar he was singing to in the trailer was probably the prototype. The experiment probably made a lot of nasty things come through. He, on the other hand, was probably sucked into the other dimension.

So basically, it’s safe to say any thread that starts with “Now that...” is going to be automatically shit, right?

yeah this game will be about sam(kojima) been divorce(fired) and feeling alone until he starts making connection again(friends helping him get a loan).
the baby is metal gear and he will have to let go at the end.

Attached: death stranding higgs.webm (1280x712, 2.6M)

i am confusi0n. i saw a death strand trailer. in it, a norman reedus gregnant can? and norman reedus walking fallen down. he should know it dangerops prangent walking, will hurt babee top of its head. also he has a luigi board hanging from his backpack. why?

this is so fking random XD

kek

Yeah, it's going to be a really comfy game but still have lots of tension. Pic related basically sums it up. The detail is insane.

Attached: dark_and_scawy.png (589x612, 412K)

those 5 flying niggas better be damn good boss fight desu

Cargo autism 1

Attached: Death Stranding Cargo 1.webm (1280x720, 2.55M)

I find this game so aesthetically pleasing, but can't exactly explain why

I seriously love this. It is so ridiculously in depth.

Attached: Death Stranding Cargo 2.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

Sci-fi Iceland?

Apparently this is Kojipro's strategy: Let the players build the open world. It's an idea I don't know if you've tested before with the level of graphics you have is. I feel that in that sense, this game aims to be an Animal Crossing for adults, appealing to create a shared world big enough to house communities of players. I don't know how they're going to do it so that they can sustain all that power of content that the gamespace could host in the months following the release, if this theory is correct.

On the other hand, an important component of this is to know if there will be mechanics of armed confrontation against other players or communities of players. It would be totally counterproductive against HK's idea of creating connections between strangers in the face of shared adversity. The MGSV nuclear event was proof of that. Given the opportunity or neglect of potentially exploitable code, players will take advantage of it. In the worst case scenario, instead of having millions of nuclear warheads as in MGSV, the DS world would be cratered beyond repair. Kojipro would have to restart the world to be able to push the story forward, because clearly cooperativity, like pissing in one place to get amanita muscaria, this game aims to reach an international event shared through all PS4 players.

I'm going to share my Playstation username with user once I got the PS4 in order to play with all of you, fucking faggots.

Attached: 1568281233121.jpg (379x397, 35K)

I like how you can even pick how to arrange shit on your back, and the color of it as well, even those dream catchers seem to have some kind of purpose and will add an affect onto Sam.

I love this shit.

Attached: backpack.jpg (1920x1080, 756K)

>the more you die the bigger will the dream catcher on Sams chest get
I wonder how huge can it be

I don't think craters will be able to affect other players' worlds because the craters are permanent in your game, and there will be millions of people playing, and the craters are caused simply by dying to BTs, something that will probably happen a lot. Good post, though.

>what do you think it will be, just a cool ass spacesuit or something special?
Given that the moon has been strongly hinted at, I think it's purpose is pretty self explanatory. We'll be using it in space. They were selling figurines of a black version of the suit, so we'll probably be able to customize it to a certain extent. We can make our own orange space suits ala 2001: A Space Odyssey I'm sure.

Attached: Black-Ludens-Sentinel-Figure-2.jpg (802x1200, 263K)

Your trips confirm it.

Attached: mtagwJSt_400x400.jpg (400x400, 23K)

I heard in a translation somewhere that we'll be able to build highways and shit.

Fucking saved. It is the only fragments I saw in the YT videos.

What these guys really want is to erase the line between work and play. It's like a kind of next evolutionary step for Kojipro. Basically that graphical interface and those animations appeal to perceive a tedious task (work) in something eye-catching and interesting but also humorous.
I don't know how the animations that appeared in the gameplay shown in TGS are, but I understand that many of the animations in MGSV had the same touch that plays the humorous with the serious at a game mechanics level. For example, making a fulton makes the target "bounce" in the air before flying off into the stratosphere, or when you take rough diamonds, there's a "nintendo" sound and sparks come out of your hand.

It's something that transforms something serious into something I'm unable to define correctly but it reminds me a lot of the old school animations from the 1930s.

youtube.com/watch?v=vuMZbugZE2A
youtube.com/watch?v=lFHYxLEUTwE
youtube.com/watch?v=BBgghnQF6E4

Absolute 100% kino design. It'd be a tragedy if I can't wear this suit in the game.

Attached: Black-Ludens-Sentinel-Figure-1.jpg (802x1200, 277K)

Something about the colours, i guess

I dont get it. you seem really an autist or just an actual transporter having serious interest in these tools.

>I don't know how the animations that appeared in the gameplay shown in TGS are
There's some really janky ones like the exosuit jumping or takedowns, and then there's absolute god tier ones like gif related.

Attached: 1567910775398.gif (600x449, 3.94M)

*sweating nervously*

Oh my...haha...big girl. You're a big girl...haha...getting bigger and bigger...

Good post, user. I know what you're talking about, there is something very satisfying about it.

Shinkawa's art is just on a whole nother level

>posting gifs in 2019

Attached: bb 1.jpg (662x710, 57K)

The guy is a creative god. The best thing about DS by far is the art design.

Attached: ludens.jpg (828x828, 108K)

>"OH NONONONONONONON"

Attached: lmao.gif (562x285, 2.97M)

>I understand that many of the animations in MGSV had the same touch that plays the humorous with the serious at a game mechanics level. For example, making a fulton makes the target "bounce" in the air before flying off into the stratosphere, or when you take rough diamonds, there's a "nintendo" sound and sparks come out of your hand.

because he has been like that since 1st game that he made. and its a really Japanese thing in making games as well. they make a game as if you play a SNES game even though the graphics is super rich because they know games is not movies or "cinematic experience" unlike the west tend to perceives it. people who do not know about kojima and Japanese games sometimes shit on the things like character peeing in this game but that is actually how kojima is and Japanese games are. after all, games is for fun (and the point is, at the same time, it can be serious just like kojima is doing in MGS).

you can also equip teru teru bozu, those little dolls that japanese kids use to wish for a sunny day.
I guess the dream catcher helps with that stress meter or something, but who the fuck knows

Attached: Teruterubouzu.jpg (660x681, 143K)

That looks pretty good. I hope they fix the bad ones before release. That animations and the enemies IA, user has been very honest about how both things look. But maybe the IA was like that in the demo because they showed very easy mode.

user got what I was saying?! Holy shit. That thing must have a name. "clunky"? "cartoonish"? I really don't know but we know when we saw it and kojipro knows too.

Attached: tumblr_n7fayeSD711rlsez7o1_250.gif (250x322, 923K)

>gif
what's wrong with you? legitimately asking. Do you know what year it is?

Attached: DEATH STRANDING Open World, Combat, Boss & Vehicles Gameplay Demo (TGS 2019)-wG0iFysW-kc.webm (1390x790, 1.09M)

>"HA HAAAAAAAHAHA HAHAHAH"

Attached: lmao2.gif (393x428, 2.93M)

Yeah, I heard some translation that said this reduces the chances of timefall happening.

>made a rough game design document that compile my thoughts and the scope of my game years ago
>one of the mechanic is the items in your bag are not just virtual items on a grid, it's real 3d items so you need to place each item in the bag and make them fit with some larger items extending beyond the zipper of the bag if you want to
>items cannot just be used if they are deep in the bag like in normal life, need to either throw away the top items while running or stop and look for it inside.
>bag can be torn and items smushed or broken if you are running and the bag is jumping around
fucking kojima read my mind

>heavily hinted
One character saying “you can do anything even go to the moon” in a cutscene is not heavy hinting

Attached: Ludens Fan 316.jpg (1308x1308, 242K)

>it is a japanese thing
>suddenly I remember the animation cycle in Sekiro when enemies suck your youth in the late game and Sekiro is an old man using his katana has a cane and you jump in the most folkloric kabuki way possible

Attached: 1qz5pqbwib811.gif (320x218, 1.44M)

i use a single program that doesnt need to be installed to capture screen, its easier.

Do you have something similar for webm?

I don't know if I just have low standards on what I personally label as walking sims but the moment a game has any kind of combat or mechanic that isn't just walking, then it stops being a walking sim. This is why I don't even consider a game like Pathologic to be a walking sim but something like Gone Homo and Dear Esther obviously is.

Ok, so you fight Eldritch Abominations with your own feces and piss?

I'm in, there are a lot of innovative things I've NEVER seen being done in other games too, like that inventory management and balancing.

Attached: 1474753320794.png (747x491, 30K)

Does this thing appears in the TGS Volume 1? It is autistic but also bold. This entire game is autistic and bold.

Attached: 1568286585896.jpg (1042x1238, 267K)

at the very fucking least, use gfycat to convert your gifs to webms.

>even the first person baby blinks like “what the fuck was that shit?”

reminder that youre playing as a BT baby in first person, and that you arent playing as Sam

Parts of it.

defend this trash animation kojimafags

Attached: lmao3.gif (359x210, 3.72M)

Sam has braces on his legs on this part or sme shit, thats why he can jump long

trajectory of the jump looks bad and unrealistic. We know he's wearing an exoskeleton. The animation and trajectory is still sketch as fuck.

did you miss the point of there being a skeleton he wears to enhance speed and jump distance?

Do not respond to these people, even if they're right about things like the animation. We can't let them derail this thread like they have with every other DS thread that has been made.

If there's a power skeleton, why does the speed skeleton increase jump distance without any speed buildup?

defend making gifs in 2019.

>can’t marvel at reedus’ body without being punched

This sucks man

It's honestly hard for me to believe they also made a full open world area for the moon. I mean, that huge amount of content would equal 2 full games, at least, that's how I see it.

Why do they have sandbags? Makes you think.

Is this the most useless shit in videogames?
Not even walking sims and David Cage trash goes this far to include this fucking useless trash.

youtube.com/watch?v=M4t4TjGB_Zo

The incredibly massive map of the overworld already equals at least 5 open world games, let alone the moon. Although, it's definitely made by random generation + lots of touching up, at least I think so.

Yeah brah all games should have only shooty shooty pow like Cowadooty

Power skeleton will be for carrying more shit.

>Dude why is kojima adding this humorous things in DS

Americans are so dumb, kojimbo was always like that, Snatcher has shit like that.

Attached: 155522221111.png (843x637, 677K)

Yes. A power skeleton that carries more shit and has the name power in it sounds like something that should be able to make massive jumps with no momentum. The speed skeleton which sacrifices cargo for super speed sounds like something that should only be able to do the same thing by running at full speed for a few seconds before hand, but it can make the jump from the very edge of a bus.

It's just a personal gripe though, won't affect gameplay at all.

>you can watch Norman Reedus eat
>you can eatch normanReedus wear a hat
>you can watch norman reedus sit down
>you can watch norman reedus take a shower

fuck off this is pointless shit. I cant wait until I have to go through the base and I need to watch boring long animation of Norman doing stuff.

You don't have to do any of it.

what autism? he just changes his posture once cargo weight surpasses 60 kilos, and thats it

so, it's called the extra vehicular creative activity suit right? normal space suits are called extra vehicular activity suits, so what does the creative part imply?

They're obviously not going for total realism. It's just typical a video game choice, either you choose the faster and more mobile option with a low weight limit or go with the slow option with a higher weight limit.

>ooooi!

Wait, is this the "infamous Norman animation jumping OH NO NO NO NO"?

He has a powered exoskeleton, the entire point of it is to give the user extra power to achieve impossible tasks like being able to carry tremendous amounts of weight and perform tasks that require an inhuman amount of force, like that jump. Considering this, that animation cycle looks well done and I don't see anything bad about it. I haven't watched anything of TGS volume I and II, but after watching this supposedly "OH NO NO" moment, clearly 60% or 70% of the comments I have read since 9/11 are pretty malicious in relation to what the game looks like.

wtf user I thought you were pretty tough but honest in your opinions.

Attached: 1568300059253.png (256x312, 52K)

looks janky as fuck, almost like he's floating above the ground

You could watch Big Boss sit down and watch Quiet move around in the helicopter, no one ever complained about that. Detail is not pointless.

Then obviously you need to get your eyes checked, because his feet visibly connect to the rocks.

but the sinking buildings and giant black goo lion are realistic? would you rather this game be like red dead redemption 2 and have sam smack into the side of the building and ragdoll on the ground for 10 seconds? it's a video game who cares, I see janky animations like that in every game.

>feet visibly connect to the rocks.
yet his feet barely touch it, there's no impact, he just continues to fly forward

its not a cutscene, its just a background during the briefing. People did complain abut having to watch BB drop down the chopper and board the chopper.
Also having to watch BB arrive at MB was fucking boring.

I still can't quite figure out why there's so many black hole/space time equations and why some names have to do with space stuff (I assume Higgs is because of the higgs boson). BTs and the "other side" seem to be some surreal/spiritual shit but it will most likely be connected to some event in the universe that struck earth hard

Death Stranding's primary influences, in what it differs from MGSV, are Gravity Rush (the first one) and Killzone: Shadow Fall (that's what with the overall touchy-feeliness). Design incorporates Prometheus, possibly Spintires and Inside, fuck knows what else.

Thing is, Kojima kind of cucked himself, since his reveal of Death Stranding came slightly after the reveals of Gravity Rush 2 (now a full fledged full priced game, as opposed to a portable one) and Horizon (KSF going open-world - and into the future), both have since been released too.

I, therefore, highly doubt it will manage to fly.

After reading many comments and watching the videos little by little, clearly there is a considerable portion of anons who are only giving their opinions and trolling from hearsay and have never played an HK game.

There are options. The first is that the age range of these users should be between 10 and 16 years. The other is that they are stealth corpo shills. The other is that they are veteran trolls fanning fire. Of course there are also veteran V suffering from phantom pain. I only sympathize with the latter. I hope DS can be the redemption arc for Koji and user could get his prosthetic arm.

Attached: 1568323625527.png (1280x720, 1.15M)

Why the skull masks

Attached: IMG_20190916_155305.jpg (1080x658, 78K)

Then I think we're seeing different things.

Attached: walking.webm (650x658, 1.24M)

it probably lets sam explore the death world without actually dying first. Like a space man or scuba diver would, and maybe allows him to "strand" enemies so they will fight for him like mads does with his skeletal soldiers. that is my guess anyway I could be wrong.

I have a deja vú bro.

Attached: 1568027408385.jpg (372x340, 27K)

LOOK. AT. THE. TRAJECTORY. OF. THE. FUCKING. JUMP. NOBODY. IS. DISPUTING. THAT. HE. IS. WEARING. AN. EXOSKELETON. FUCKHEAD.

IT LOOKS BAD DUMBFUCK.

cuz kojima

WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING. WTFF.

>but the sinking buildings and giant black goo lion are realistic?
Wow, hadn't thought of that, what an amazing excuse. Wait a minute, why do we fucking wear backpacks? this is a fucking video game, why doesn't he just stuff all his equipment in an infinitely deep pocket? Why does he wear all this stuff, lmao so dumb.

fuck it's a video game, why does he move his legs when he walk? why doesn't he just levitate why animate it? it's a game, is the fucking goo realistic? dude the game has floating people in it, why bother having animations at all, this is unrealistic from the get go!

But are you expecting a 10/10 perfect match between the jump the player makes and the land point? of course the landing has to be accommodated in the zone where it can continue advancing forward on the structure where it falls. I think you have too high expectations about the technology behind the graphics engines in general. Come user, it not the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Attached: 1568231926346.jpg (250x250, 8K)

it really doesn't. I've seen way worse animations in recent games, like the the vine swinging animation in MHW. The animation only serves the gameplay.

Imagine carrying a 200kg american to California
That would be funny and weird haha

It's hilarious how much that harmless animation (that looks fine) bothers you so much. I really hope you're not a pokemon fan.

Something i've just gathered from watching a TGS 2019 with English subtitles:
The chiral printer is instant, it's confirmed there is no microtransactions or time delays unlike MGSV.

51 days left

Attached: 013vsk30j5911.jpg (722x500, 81K)

I was going to get the regular edition but my dad preordered the deluxe edition for me because he thought the baby in a jar was funny :)

based zoomer with joyful dad

lmao based boomer.

Attached: 1568406905843.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

You’re right. When it comes at the very end of a trailer and the character is clearly breaking the fourth wall, talking directly into the camera saying “Don’t worry, I’ll show you the real thing soon” it is definitely not heavy hinting. It’s straight up confirmation.

this section alone looks like it would filter most journos, normies/zoomers and 95% of girl gamers.

Attached: Quiet and iDroid.webm (600x338, 1.69M)

REEEEEEE STOP ENJOYING THINGS FAGGOTS

this reminds me of Ground Zeroes' early gameplay demos with Snake throwing his arms up in the air while jumping, look cool and realistic sad kojima decided to remove it.

I really think that fragment it was about the baby as somebody with a future. I don't see the moon as a true possibility alongside the Ludens suit in game.

Keep you expectations at bay bros.

its not about the distance its about the trajectory and angle of the jump.

Attached: jump animation.png (495x538, 10K)

it really isnt. its that normandy cobra unit game kojima wanted to fo except its not so straight forward. it ends with you (ocelot) being born.

I won’t be disappointed if we can’t go to the moon. A scale model of the entire US is enough for me. But I can’t ignore how Kojima and others always use that little post-credits trailer scene for humor and fourth-wall breaking. Mads speaking directly into the camera saying “I will show you the real thing soon..” followed by saying you can even go to the moon is pretty on the nose. If it turns out to be false that would be a pretty big blunder on Kojimas part.

Yeah gotta admit, as hyped as I am for this game those jumps look cheesy af. They need to be slower, accelerating to that speed and then stopping again that suddenly would snap your spine lmao just looks silly.

>A scale model of the entire US
wait is that on the table??
what's the scale?

How are there still idiots on the internet who cannot tell the difference between certain types of realism. How did you make it this far without getting ridiculed at least once for such a stupid argument? “Lmao dude you literally get resurrected in every game every time you die, so animations don’t have to look good.”
I am going to pre-order DS but to ignore that some of the animations are janky is foolish.

We've also seen him fall off a cliff then get up immediately and be perfectly fine. It's a video game, who gives a shit.

This is so autistic it appeals to me greatly

>Could the game possibly be full of player-made cities after a few months?
You people are delusional to the point of fucking psychosis

Iirc he mentioned in an early interview that other players will be able to see a crater if enough players have died in a particular spot

It just looks bad. The jump from when he was being chased by BTs looks even dumber and he had no exosuit for that one. The animations for this game are jank as fuck

I mean we’ve seen in the gameplay trailers that the world map shows the entire US with waypoints of some kind scattered across the whole country.
Some redditor did the math and came up with it being about 1/450 the scale of the US.

>be me
>find reddit's HQ
>steal all the sperm
>speed skeleton myself off a cliff onto it
>all there is where it once stood is a crater
I'm already a homo demon, Kaz...
Who's joining in?

Attached: homodemon.jpg (2560x1440, 1.51M)

I truly want this game to be good but everything we've seen so far just looks bad. The combat is clunky and goofy looking, the world is empty with little variety, and the focus seems to be quite literally on walking as a mechanic. Kojima never really has much in the way of gameplay surprises or twists on release compared to prerelease footage so I dont have a lot of hope

Considering this narrative is a straight up globalism big govt surveillance VS isolationist independence, you can bet I will be homo-demoning like a boss to maintain freedom and prevent Bridges from taking over.

Reminds me of BOTW

>Despite the lampost being different it is clearly the same lamp post

This is either some poor bait or crazy Kojima fan shit.

The game is not a "walking sim" by traditional definition, but then again, it's a game mainly about walking to places. Even the gameplay mechanics revolve around it, so calling it a "walking simulator" isn't entirely incorrect either since it's what the gameplay is about.

>Kojima never really has much in the
>way of gameplay surprises or twists
LOL. Never played MGS2 have you? He has already confirmed that when you start the world will be lonely and empty, but eventually it will become populated with player creations, even highways that you can drive trucks on. Mules will be stalking you and BTs will be an obstacle as well. There is also the purgatory world which we have seen very very little of, but we know is a literal warzone.

There is no Kojima ruse cruise. There never is. What you see is what you're getting, and that's it. It's a watered down TPS where you deliver things in a big empty open world. Accept it and move on

Kojima Derangement Syndrome is fucking terrifying

Black or White suit, Yea Forums?

Attached: ECA-black-white.jpg (1041x1200, 335K)

White

nice try Kojima, DS isn't going to be as succesful as BotW

I'm not a fanboy, But this game reminds me a lot of zelda.

If there was some kind of in depth creation system that was a primary focus of the gameplay it would be showcased and discussed in depth to market the game. There will be no such thing in DS and the "highway" system or whatever will obviously be hollow, halfbaked and uninteresting just like the base management in V. No aspect of Kojima games ever live up to the fantasies his cult concocts

see: Proves you 100% wrong.

I noticed in the TGS video that even at the port city, there were signs on the map indicating BT presence, so perhaps that means when Reddit makes bases we can organize to crater-bomb them.

>to market the game
The marketing of this game is virtually non-existent and it took 3 whole years to showcase what is referred to as basic gameplay, so obviously we've barely seen any of the game.

For anyone else reading this, I don't recommend responding to posts like this, they're bait intended to derail actual discussion threads.

I'm the idiot? your the one hung up on a jump animation that looks up to industry standards. you're just nitpicking or the sake of it honestly.

toddler reveals himself. we all know you'd be sucking this games dick if it was made by nintendo.

it's just retarded nintendo fans who can't stay glued to their tablet for more than 10 seconds without complaining about something sony related. DS scares them deep down, like an impending doom that's getting closer and closer. Its going to be a huge success no matter what.

Ultra KEK

I don't know if this would possible. Don't get me wrong, I would like raid Resetera and Reddit communities, but if the game is about connecting through adversity, Kojima wants us to ally with them and not the other way around. He wants us to share eggs and sperm and make a big community casserole with them, instead of throwing such loads down the river. He cannot fucked up the main message of the game, so basically I'm avoiding to speculate too much about a possible Homo Demons campaing or a homo class available to play with.

But holy shit would be fun

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-05 17-33-46.png (668x408, 314K)

I'm actually all for this being a walking sim given how seriously they're taking everything about it. It's not like it's a haphazard one, there is a lot to it, so I'm sure it'll be engaging.

Attached: DS - Sam Stats.jpg (612x354, 56K)

This guy really wants to make games as gateways towards work.

WALKING SIMULATOR FAGS BTFO
>For instance, in any game, you could carry as many items as you want – even in Metal Gear, it was unlimited. Of course, you can’t do it in real life, right? You have to select one bottle when you climb a mountain. That’s why I put it in; a lot of games have aborted that kind of rule.
>This time, if you’re in the river, you can drift away – and that’s in real life as well. So that’s the gimmick and mechanism I kind of recreated, where other games – and even my games before – had to deform in a way.

>But the other thing about it is that you can go anywhere in the world. It’s open-world. In the past, even if games are “open-world,” there are limitations where you can’t go further. Like, they created valleys where you can’t go. But in this game, you can go anywhere. You set routes, and you want to know what goes on beyond. In this game, I think you will not understand if I just say this, but once you start playing the game, just walking in that world is really fun. What I realized is, when I monitor playtests – even the staff's – they don’t get it at first. But when they really start playing, just walking is really fun in the space.

>And now everyone will say, “Oh, it’s a walking simulator!”

>It’s the same as when I first brought out a stealth game. If 100 people play it and 100 people say it’s fun, it means the genre or the game already exists. But this is a new genre – same as stealth the first time, there will be people who don’t get it. It will take time for the real evaluations to come in.
gameinformer.com/interview/2019/09/16/hideo-kojima-answers-our-questions-about-death-stranding?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Big think.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-16 13-58-39.png (1669x712, 561K)

>press X to kill yourself

That would be pretty neat if you could just off yourself to make a crater.

The briefing trailer did mention the Homo Demons doing just that

Kojima out there inventing new genre AGAIN, what a mad lad.

Attached: Ludens.jpg (848x1200, 185K)

Fuck Konami

>kojima literally calls someone his god
>"B-B-B-BUT HE'S A NARCISSIST!!!!!"

All challenging games have elements of work. Usually the better games are more obvious about the work thing.

That was also an example of crappy animation and lack of realism. Did you think this somehow disproved my point? The entire basis of this game is the realistic traversal and fatigue elements, down to variable wear and tear on your boots. If walking off a cliff causes you to plunge straight down at warp speed with no ill effects, that’s a problem.

Sp how the fuck you get to the moon by just walking?

>walking off a cliff causes you to plunge straight down at warp speed with no ill effects, that’s a problem.
The game isn't complete to be fair.

For sure, and I told myself this as well, but it’s out in two months. I doubt they’re going to add in a whole new physics system for handling falling, between now and November 8.
Im still pretty hyped, and will still buy, but if the primary gameplay focus is on autistically realistic walking and traversal, falling off cliffs and exo-suit jumps had better be a little more polished than what we’ve seen.

>It will take time for the real evaluations to come in
This. Fucking this.

Attached: 1567275912546.jpg (236x314, 11K)

Falling damages your cargo and probably drains your HP bar. You're assuming the game's trying to be way more realistic than it is. It's not a fully realistic walking simulator, it has some mechanics that have a basis in reality but they're not letting them get in the way of it being a fun action game. Most people don't want to instantly die if they fall 20 feet or to have a jump fail during a boss fight because muh realism.

Animating each of those probably only took about a week to half a month, you don't need a physics system replacement to make falling look better.

Most people don’t want to manually adjust their fucking balance while walking, massage their shoulders, evenly distribute their items for balance, and change their boots either, but that’s what the game is going for. Stop strawmanning and claiming I asked for instant death. I wanted better falling animation and maybe some kind of treatable fall injury, like what we had in 15 year old MGS3. If I have to be careful not to trip when walking over bumpy ground, which means special nice looking animations and button inputs, I sure as hell want falling off a cliff to carry some more weight than a janky looking fall and losing HP.
It wasn’t just the fall animation (more like a complete lack of an animation) but also the speed of the fall. There was no acceleration, just instant super fast plunging and a comical splat. I have been hurt by the excuse of “the games not done yet, they’ll fix it!” many times but I hope you’re right.

As a HUUUGE minecraft and animal crossing fan I hope we'll be able to build everything.

>Now that it's been proven to be a game
why start threads with b8?