What makes this game so popular?

What makes this game so popular?
Is it the writing? Art style? The gameplay?
What makes Borderlands 3 worth playing?

Attached: bl3.jpg (1920x1080, 545K)

It's literally FotM tier gaming.

Nothing.

>What makes this game so popular?
it's not.

Best looter shooter although that's not saying much since it's competing against garbage

Marketing.
Marketing what makes it popular and the fact that bl2 came out 7 years ago and people who played it already forgot how shit it was because the expectations back then was lower and nowadays people got fooled to think by reviewers and other content creators that bl2 was a good game therefore they should look out for 3

I played +600 hrs of bl2 but i dont think its a goos game im just a low iq retard who likes to collect xp and loot

>Best looter shooter although that's not saying much since it's competing against garbage
what makes it better?

Its get a simple, easy to get behind style of gameplay, and addictive gear and leveling system, and is famous for its quirky / bizarre writing.
The games are pretty good for making character builds, the skill tree in PreSequel for example is very in depth and gives alot of neat abilities and passives.

However, the "quirky" writing as mentioned before is the main factor in what separates people from liking it, or hating it.
Some can look past it, but your still going to be pummeled with references, and dated jokes that would have maybe been funny 2-3 years ago.

I mean Shadow Warrior 2 was a better looter shooter in every way every borderlands game was.

sw2 is infinitely better and goes on huge sales frequently

It isn't, more people are interested in continuing to shill the Epic store than actually talk about the game.

something about the writing and humor has been putting me off the series since the first game.
mechanically speaking it seems like a lot of what I like in games, and i generally like lolsorandom humor but something about the way it's done here just feels like too much. i can't help but cringe any time a character speaks.

No. Just no.

It's not, fuck off with your SJW game, shill.

i recently played through bl2 and the pre-sequel...jesus fuck are there actually more than 3 enemy types per game?
how can a game this repetitive be so successful?
the leddit humor is also hardly bearable but at least the art style is kinda nice.
wouldn't play through any of those games again and if you tell me the third is basically the same with better graphics i'll probably buy it+all dlcs when it's 10 bucks.

Art style and gameplay

This is a reasonable response to being exposed to that writing.
To me, its almost as if it is being aimed towards children. I remember watching some of the latest Nickelodeon cartoons with my Niece and they were so fucking painfully childish that i could not stand to look at it for more than a minute at a time.

I get a very similar feeling from this series. ESPECIALLY Borderlands 2 and 3.

>how can a game this repetitive be so successful
This is my problem as well. Lootershooters have randomized levels for a reason. This is ONE of the things SW2 is far better. But in BL you literally go through the exact same missions taking place in the exact same maps.

i've completed sw2 multiple times and only did 2 complete playthroughs of bl2, it's just not fun to slog through

i'm not usually a fan of describing things as "childish" but that really hits the nail on the head in this case.
it sounds like a kids idea of what cool adults talk like.

pure gameplay and loot grind
no daily dick suckings
no always online ultra rare raid loot
no semi multiplayer garbage gameplay
also the loot is varied

shadow warrior 2 isnt a looter shooter

ok, explain how and why you tard

because all the loot is predetermined
its like saying doom is a looter shooter because you pick up a gun

ok, you haven't played it then
move along

Is there a way to change the talkative-ness of the characters? Or is my best bet just to turn the voice volume all the way down?

Weapons are fixed and not randomly generated.
INSTEAD you pick up gems that are random and have different levels and add different traits to your guns.Also you have different skills that you can upgrade to make different builds.
So how is this NOT a looter shooter?
BTW you can upgrade and distill gems with negative stats so it even has that.

i have
there is a special enemy on each level that drops its respective weapon
then there are some sidequests that give you guns too

wow doom 2016 is my favorite looter shooter now

Normie low-brow humor, looter RPG, and decent gunplay.
That's all it takes.

So SW2 has fixed guns AND blades that are all mechanically different and not a copypaste of each other. And you can go out of your way to buff your favorites even further.

exactly, but the upgrade gems are random. How dense are you?
t. retard

nobody would call it a looter shooter

I've been lowering the dialogue volume, and playing something like MST3K, MonsterVision, AVGN, MXC, or Best of the Worst in the background while I play the game. The game itself is fun to play, so I don't want to let the annoying characters ruin it for me.

>jesus fuck are there actually more than 3 enemy types per game

I haven't played Pre-Sequel, but there's a shitload of enemy variety in 2.

Sounds ideal

Outside of the art style and upbeat atmosphere it does a very good job of compelling you to want to grow your character and gives you a lot of variety in how you play them.

The accessibility is also a big selling factor, it removes a lot of the tediousness that comes with loot based RPGs.

Thanks for betaling dumb buyfags

Ill enjoy it free

HAHAHAHA

Attached: Screenshot_20190916_102714_com.android.chrome.jpg (1080x2340, 888K)

the prior games were janky and had alot of OP bugs and overlooked OP weapon and skill combos
that lead a bunch of people to look for potential cheese so they could smack boss butt quickly

someone tell him

yeah, nobody

Attached: file.png (362x172, 12K)

I love that people think this will be cracked soon.

This is a brand new very aggressive form of Denuvo, I don't know if it's uncrackable, but you're probably not gonna see any results for 6+ months.

Source? Post steam player numbers please :)

2700 results
now compare that to how many people there are in the world and subtract the possible people that make up 2 of those results
yeah literally nobody

>phoneposter
Dilate

Want to try to say it to my face IRL?

disagree with 6+ months, but anything under 1 month would be a fucking miracle

I actually have this on Xbone. From what i've seen this game has even less weapon types on manufacturers than ever than in the previous games here's a list of every weapon type missing on each manufacturer

>Jakobs

Attached: touchup.jpg (1225x648, 258K)

>jakobs smg and rocket launcher
also the laser weapons are part of maliwan now

To start with its the best looter shooter on the market. Not surprising since the series wrote the book on the genre. All the important elements of a classic borderlands game are there: memorable characters, a loot system that feels rewarding, tons of bosses, lots of replayability. Additionally the new cooperation mode is hugely attractive to a lot of players and solves a lot of the problems that turned some people away from the old games.
But its more than that. The game just has some intangible element. You can feel the passion the developers put into the game with all the little details. Game just has soul.

2700 on news sites you dumb fucking nigger

Attached: file.png (371x181, 12K)

also get fucked lmaooooooooooo

Attached: file.png (365x184, 12K)

seethe

oh wow 400k results now compare that to the rest of the world
its still nobody

400k results asking if shadow warrior 2 is a looter shooter vs 370k results saying borderlands is the best looter shooter ever

cope, faggot
slavs made a better first person diablo

whats diablo?

>being this soulless

Only because there's nothing to talk about with the actual game, it's just more Borderlands, everyone already knows what it is, what they're getting and whether or not they like it. Randy, EGS, and Denuvo shitposting is way more entertaining.

Thats it! Marketing! Marketing is ALL you need to have EPIC game sales that will keep people playing your game for YEARS!!

Look. If this is the kind of shit you have to tell yourself to keep yourself in denial that the game is both good and successful because you are just assblasted for some reason then go for it. By your logic Anthem should have been the game of the decade. Just cope man. You will get over it. Or maybe you wont. Idc.

reddit

literally every game out there has its own reddit sub with people drooling over it. Hell people are still posting on the Anthem reddit and that doesnt make the game successful retard.
This isn't even an argument. Its a meme.

Because a BADASS like randy bobandy pitchford was involved with it's creation

Attached: 2913458-2683368383-ZjkCR.jpg (553x404, 29K)

Yes, that must be why BL2 has consistently been one of the most played games on Steam for 7 years and the series has reached 40 million copies sold.

BADASS UNIT

Character are what make borderlands interesting, world and shooting is pretty mediocre.

Handsome Jack.

>Jakobs
>SMG
What the FUCK? Their slogan in 2 was literally "if it took more than one shot, it wasn't a Jakobs". They make high power, slow firing weapons like HCs and Snipers. What the FUCK are they making SMGs for??

they arent
im pretty sure he means he wants every manifacturer to make every weapon type

Oh I'm just retarded, I see what he means now.

He's more retarded though.