Fuck old games

I can't stand it when videogames are so fucking cryptic and give almost no indication as to what you should be doing to progress. To the point where I could either spend 5 hours backtracking and shooting random shit, or look up a guide. But after I find out what do in the guide, my enjoyment is ruined and I'm so pissed off I was driven to that point I dont even want to finish the damn thing. Why do people find old games fun again?

Attached: H2x1_SNES_SuperMetroid_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 345K)

Maybe the problem is you and not the game, it could be that you are not particularly bright and should stick to modern games.

Attached: Weenie_Hut_Juniors.png (1061x800, 1.05M)

this is you on adderall

The only game that is allowed to be criticized like this is zelda 2

How was I supposed to know?!

Attached: supermetroiddc-spot1.gif (768x672, 96K)

Oh please tell me you fucking completed this game without a guide or mindless backtracking. Or you probably havent even beaten the game and you're just talking shit fucko

And Castlevania 2

Did you ever need to know?

I so agree. Recently bought pic related to relive the creepy atmosphere and holy fuck it’s an absolute chore to get through. Every fucking thing you need to do: move, shoot, find things, all of it is a fucking chore. Absolutely no fun at all. Not to mention a fucking seven second animation EVERY TIME YOU ENTER A FUCKING DOOR.

Attached: E0D235AA-3299-414E-9BD5-3DF746AF29BC.png (1600x900, 1.59M)

That's not even required to reach maridia.

I beat it without a guide when I was like 10. Backtracking is part of the genre, and it was never so bad I felt I had to look up a guide

Have you played la mulana OP? it's a modern game so it should be ok for you.

Exactly. That's actually the part I'm talking about. I even swear I bombed it before but probably ran into the next room because it takes like 5 seconds to break and I figured like the million other fucking things I did, that the power bomb didnt work either.

I beat this game in 1993 or whatever when I was 11 without any guide

Maybe it's you?

Bahahahahhaahahhahahahaahhahaha

If back tracking is going to be part of the game, at least don't make it such a pain in the fucking ass. When you get a new power up or item, it should be very obvious what it's intended for. New RE2 Remake and RE7 fix this thank god. So does metroid 2 remake.

>BAIT THREAD
>Everyone posts in it
Neo-Yea Forums everybody

>DURR I GREW UP WITH SHITTY GAME DESIGN SO IT'S DEFINITELY YOU NOT THE GAME!

You're like those boomers that defend fucking NES games with bullshit hit detection and enemies that spawn in the air. I'm not saying it would be impossible to beat I'm just saying its bullshit and I dont want to fucking do it.

>Why do people find old games fun again?

ADD: The post

Lying fucker. You do go to meridia but you can't reach the next area withoug blowing it up with the power bomb. Believe me I would fucking know as someone who spent hours desperately trying to figure out what tile to shoot to get in there. Found like a million missile tanks and energy cont but dont even care to complete it because I was so pissed.

There's a broken one in another room, hinting the player that this is breakable

No only the pipes are busted and its like three rooms away. But how fucking stupid is the logic that you can only bust glass with a power bomb?! I shot the damn thing a million times with super missile, even used the xray it didn't indicate shit.

>puts sage in the name
>complains about neo-Yea Forums
oh, boy

>You do go to meridia but you can't reach the next area withoug blowing it up

This is obvious shit to a kid. Bombs make things go boom.

If you saw super missiles weren't working on the second try, that should let you know you should try another thing, also
>its like three rooms away
Is it seriously that difficult to remember stuff from 3 rooms away?

Super Metroid gives you plenty of indication where to go, you're just too retarded to see it.

It's mandatory unless you want to use glitches.

I can understand Metroid 1 and shit but if you're having trouble figuring out where to go in Super Metroid you should honestly stop playing video games or just stick to Fortnite