Why should i play the old one when the new one looks better?

Why should i play the old one when the new one looks better?

Attached: 4d89fa2ba754e719ac0e7aaa3fd91acb.jpg (1024x576, 104K)

The old one doesn't have an ugly Tifa.

but i like her new gothic look, she is no longer that little happy punch girl. Now she is the depressive punch a male grrril. Way better if you ask me.

>looks better

Attached: nope ur getting gas.gif (149x181, 835K)

tell me what looks so bad about the new remake?
show me, please!

The map design.
Just compare the progression from the train to the reactor core in the OG FF7 and remake;
former has unique room after another, establishing the place as a partially decaying complex not meant for humans. You juggle through complex pipe lines and machinery yards, taking unorthodox routes. It's a mixture of old steam / dieselpunk, and general industrial retro-futurism.

Meanwhile, the remake is just bunch of linear, wide open, rectangular corridors and "arenas" after another, with silly blue hue covering everything. It's practically like a generic MMO dungeon, sacrificing unique form over function - in this case the necessity of real-time action combat, that relies on location and timing. The tractor-bot garage room especially is like straight out of FF T-0 or FFXV.

Which leads to another pick: the fights seem pre-placed now, obviously tied to the rooms they're in. The sewer fight footage is another give away.

Finally: Tifa still looks worse. Period.

Attached: reactor bg animated.gif (512x512, 782K)

because the old one is complete from start to finish and the new one will probably take up to 2026 to be done

because the old one runs like shit

Looks can be deceiving.

>gothic
wat

You're comparing a fancy but hollow porcelain doll to an aged but sturdy marble statue.

It kinda does but it also looks way too boring.

bro
the "new" one is targetting 30fps
its going to run just as bad

you are not really making sense here, user.
I guess your nostalgia is talking. What is so bad about better gameplay? Of course the map designe need to be changed for a better game flow. This is not bad!

but we get better graphics, so who cares?

this is retarded, video games are not art in this aspect.

you diodn't play it so how do you know if it is boring?
Square enix is well know for good games!

i play mostly on my smartphone and ipad, so why should i care about pcgamer standards?

Neither does the new one.

Nothing looks like anything in the remake because the lighting is too complicated.

Retards going to cry and reee you because they have glued nostalgia goggles.

>you are not really making sense here, user.
actually it makes a ton of sense he's saying they sacrificed art direction to give us another bland AAA game in the guise of a beloved jrpg for a quick cashgrab.

Because it's a good game, and the full version of the remake might not even be released in your lifetime.

FFVII at release was essentially a 3D FFVI design/narrative/scope-wise, so if you're A) underage and have a low tolerance for the things old games do, B) have never played either and came around XV, and/or C) have never played a Final Fantasy just in general, wait for the remake and see if you play past Midgar

Once you leave Midgar though, the FFVI starts to kick-in, and this is probably where the remake is going to meet old fans and the new audience halfway, and will probably either combine/trim/move flashbacks, and merge a lot of areas together to make the overworld like our current crop of FF's. It's probably why it's now episodic, but this isn't exactly uncommon in remakes for stretches that don't translate well in a modern gen, Black Mesa had to do the same thing with Xen

Because you won't live long enough to see the end of the new one

>actually it makes a ton of sense
of course you think that way, everyone thinks of himself in the best way, you are just bias and can't accept the fact that the remake looks waaaay better and therefore is better! Logic 101

The old one is a complete game.

Awesome Graphics comes at a cost i am willing to pay

The Game Engine is done, future development will happen faster now.

cherrypicking

retarded pcmasterrace cherrypicking

your compare apples with oranges, user.

again, the game engine is ready, done, the game itself will be developed quiker now

>bringing no argument to the table
>thinks has talking highground
go away /pol/

I adressed all your points.

It's not going to be fully out until 10 years later

Old one has better music and environments
New one has tacked on action gameplay from a company incapable of doing action gameplay

Same argument over and over again
and yet, the enginee is done so future development is done faster now

keep on with this retarded argument, all you do is show your retarded nostalgy boomer face

They are both different game, and the old one is worth playing for it’s own sake

I just want a high quality turn based rpg that doesn't have akira samefaceyamcha art. The neptunia garbage is all so bottom of the barrel with bugs and dlc out the ass, the atelier games are more VN than video game with a handful of areas where you just repeat quests over and over.

I just want a linear, story based game with turn based combat, that tells a good story. I'd take an SMT game but at this point i don't even know if 5 is even in the works. So FF was my hope for the future, then they trashed the good thing they had (admittedly in very rough shape) with 13. 13 was literally the best implementation of the ATB they had ever done.

We only saw the very end of the reactor core, not all of it

God the old game had such SOUL
The new one is so lost and soulless

reminder that every single ff7r video you’ve seen was running on a development kit/pc and that retail copies will most likely run at sub 1080p 30 fps on the ps4. the only reason everyone is hyped is because of how high res everything looks and how smooth the framerate was during gameplay videos.

>New one has tacked on action gameplay from a company incapable of doing action gameplay
and this is a good thing
nobody like to play old games because they are slow and don't have good balance gameplay flow.
Old games need to benefit from the development of newer games in every aspect. If you don't like it than stay with your old game but there is no reason to just hate the normal evolution of any kind of development.

not really, the old one has many sex troopes in it and only supports these stereotypes. It would be great to see some changes even to the old ones and burn the originals.

retard meme
you just hate big companies because they make a lot of money!
and thats why you also pirate games, if you continue to pirate than the companies will lose all their money, why do you steal their food? They worked hard for it!!!!

>the only reason everyone is hyped is because of how high res everything looks and how smooth the framerate was during gameplay videos.
wrong
the only reason i am hyped is because i am a final fantasy fan, day one following everything coming from square enix! I grew up with square enix! I played all their game from ff10 to nowadays frenchies.

The old game did have soul, but your cheapness is so cancerous and try hard that it’s killing me. Wait until it’s out before you can make a judgment

Oh, it’s a troll. Anti-remake fags are so retiredly desperate to doompost, that they try to make people who like it look retarded with this

>enginee is done so future development is done faster
"faster" means 2 years of waiting for each chapter, meaning 4 years at the very best. Wow!! Only 4 more years to go after having waited 5 years already!! I really wonder why people aren't happy with this!

>wanting to play new game as soon as possible
>nostalgy boomer
So this is how having single-digit IQ looks like.

Attached: not sure if trolling or just stupid.jpg (140x305, 19K)

>retiredly
Ahh, retardedly

I actually agree with you here. The olders one has a a much more deliberate and creative atmosphere, while the remake over-relied on having superficual callbacks to everything while lacking the color on both visuals and music.

Too bad the original's gamer-play was terrible and this will actually have difficulty options to boot.

I prefer turn based and the half assed turn based option they have in 7R doesn't seem good.

ok
look
i life in a shithole, india
i get paied for this
i need the money, my two kids are very ill and i need the money for the doc and medicin, ok.
they always hired people to get some internet work done and all we do is simply copy pasta some text in here, sometimes we just use bots
thing is, i really need the money, my wife is dead and i have two kids 4 and 6 years old.
an angenices is always farming people in the slums, asking them to do work for a week, just making postings, we get an old bot account we can act on or just go on the chans and drive the goalpost, i don't even know what goalpost means all i know is that as long we are not on the goalpost page we are not paied
and this is what i try to ask you guys, i know they dont monitor this site so i am open as possible here.
please give me money
just pretend you like the game

>I just want a high quality turn based rpg

Oh come on you don't. You JRPG fags always want the same 'grind to level up, but not too much, to make your progressively flashier looking but functionally equivalent attacks hit for more damage + a shitload of tacked on sub-sustems to make this look complicated and then obligatory healing/recovery that lets you overcome any condition in one turn'. You guys don't give a shit about or actively disdain shit that uses a different model, so good riddance.

Tifa looked like a fucking lego 90% of the time in the original

you people are so unfair. Old ff7 can get away with wacky reactor designs since they never went for complete reality anyway. Also, of course it has simple corridors, since if you have to fight, you just teleport everyone to an "arena" and turn based fight them.

Remake is trying its best to make it comfortable to fight whatever comes to you and make the reactor look like a place where people not only built, but also a place where people can work. Its trying its best to make the mix of old reactor design with the new design.

old FF7 is an unplayable 15fps piece of shit