Why do people pretend to like fighting games on Yea Forums? Is it elitism?

Why do people pretend to like fighting games on Yea Forums? Is it elitism?

Attached: 1561667202806.webm (564x328, 1.89M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/e0lDTyeeckI
youtube.com/watch?v=Xx8Ar_eXC90
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The purple !! means you can break out of the trow.
So its not a real combo because the opponent can break out of it any time.

You can also break out of the ! throw if the throw is done on its own but !! throw is extra easy to break out of its a combo in to a throw which is impossible in most games but here it can be done but its easy to break out of.

you can easily break out of that combo.
BlazBlue is just a meme anyways

I really hope you don't think that's an actual combo that works

I like lolis like Platinum!

That is a fraudulent throw. You literally have a 2 second window to break that

Seriously hope this is a samefag trying to bump his pathetic thread
Otherwise, stop taking the bait.

scholar

Aaaaand the defense force has arrived.

Attached: 1547601833813.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

No, it's autism.

>blue number under the heat gauge
>chaining fucking THROWS
have your you and get out

I wonder what those weird symbols with the numbers on the right side signify under the combo counter. What a mystery.

Why didn't you lead off with this one. That would've actually made sense.

Dude got massively outskilled and paid the price, don't see the issue here

This Hakumen sandbagged super hard to just style on this Ragna it seems. That's a whole lotta conditions to get that combo going.

I don't see the problem here

To be fair the guy who won had to have a full super bar and activate his super state and to not have wasted a burst so he can activate the second super state. And predict the attack to parry.
And also not drop that combo. And also his opponents characters has lower health than average because he has a life-steal mechanic so its to compensate.

Attached: 8fc1253a927fbb7e1c6c8438291d8fc7.jpg (800x800, 190K)

>he achieved Nirvana and activated Super Neo Giga mode and it was full moon and he had his eyes closed
Fuck off
Losing because of a single mistake is NEVER okay

he is just doing a grab that you can just get off
if you wanted to bait you should have started with this i am not even going to start on how hard is to even get this to happen if your opponent mashes his face on the keyboard and also we already had threads like that

Attached: 897415.jpg (1011x640, 186K)

he didn't make one
he made many

I think the genre is really cool but I'm too smallbrain to process actions quickly enough to ever be competent at them.

Trying to go agressive on a fully stacked hakumen while you have a 90% health lead is a pretty stupid mistake. All he had to do was play defensive, instead he wanted to go unga, he deserves it

I love talking about fighting games on Yea Forums because it's the one genre that shitposters can't fake their knowledge on because they get called out by anyone who knows what they're doing instantly, so they make shitty bait threads like this hoping to bait someone but instead just get their shit slapped.

I like the girl characters.

>that zoomer who can't beat dark souls

>Hakumen combo using 8 second OD with a parry super as starter
ok

me so much
>Play SFV, never get out of Super Bronze, and keep getting pushed down towards 150 pts in ranked because of 'simple' mistakes.
>Play BB, pretty much too combo heavy and drop shit left and right leading towards losses a ton.
>Play Pokken, even with it's 'auto' systems lose a shit ton because of how badly it can be when you don't score a hit thanks to said auto system and am free combo bait
>Play KI, T7, UNIB, SolCal6, Skullgirls, KoF, MK, DoA, GG and anything else I can find people to play in just to find something I can at least -do-, putting 100+ hours into each, still fuck up the most basic of shit
I'm more or less those brainless wojacks and I don't even know what I'm doing wrong anymore beyond I'm terrible and that I should chances are stop putting what little money I have into a style of game I can't even do basic 1-2-3-4 combos without dropping them 50% of the time in the middle of a match even though I spend 30+ hours just repeating the shit out of it in training.

training won't prepare you that well
people tend to get nervous and do simple mistakes against a real opponent
you know what to expect on a training room

this is the kind of people that see the opponent with red health and ignore everything the game has told him and say that ''this'' is broken after he loses

>People tell me to lab stuff so I do
>"training won't prepare you that well"
>Play a ton of people online till I've got at least 1000 matches under my belt in a single game
>still drop stuff more often then not
How do I solve this then?

Attached: all these fighters and your still terrible.png (261x622, 58K)

stop memeing. in practice Yea Forums is the board that hates fighting games the most

Stick to one game and one character and start with one or two simple combos you can do consistently and when you've comfortable with your character and the nuances of the game then you can start doing bigger combos. You don't have to do everything optimally out ofthe gate.

The biggest mistake people make when learning to play a fighter is labbing out all these huge optimal combos and spend a ton of time on it. The best advice I can give you is learn 1 single, unoptimal combo, something real simple that you can hit confirm against a real opponent and stick with that, and then just grind out matches until you become very comfortable with the game and playing neutral, etc. Then slowly build up to better combos from there. You need to focus on playing the game and not worrying about landing a huge combo.

Unironically play against the CPU. Fighting a moving opponent can help a ton with getting used to at least hit confirming your combos.

>Losing because of a single mistake is NEVER okay
which is why fighting games have multiple rounds

ok retard

Attached: 1563552675540.webm (320x240, 793K)

>getting counterhit by a 40 frame startup move against rage Haoh as a low health character
This is like the most niche situation you'll ever find, not to mention this is a series known for insanely high damage on single hits.

Boy I am not trying to do -anything- optimally out of the gate, nor even hundred of hours out of it. I'm trying to do basic shit like Cammy's j.HP, c.HP Spiral Arrow and 100 hours later I just drop it. Or Taokaka's A BB c.C j.CCC and I don't even get the follow up off of the c.C most of the time. These are like 3-4 button inputs and I kill myself over them and then in a match I might as well have never even done any reps whatsoever. To my fault, I pick all of the 'fast nimble' characters in every game sticking to the one, as trying to adjust for 'slow single hitters' has always ended up with the opponent getting pure perfects as I never am able to even get a jab out without it taking forever and I'm unsure how to adapt around the fact that every option I have is slow and useless once someone's in my face.

Half the time the only damage I deal is just when we're both sitting right next towards each other face to face and I've learned my charater's got the fastest jab in the game so I'll use that to outpoke someone, but those never win matches, just prevent perfects.

Chances are the other half that pisses me up a wall in humiliation.
>Beat AI's just fine and dandy even on some of their more difficult levels because they are utterly easy to bait into doing the same loops over and over again, to a point where if they don't chip it's an assured perfect
>Even the most newbie of players trash me in games, people in locals who go "Oh yeah, first time playing" and they just outplay me at each step.

Again, not even trying huge combo's, we're talking a few buttons at best. Good example is in Darkstalkers there's the chain system. LP, LK, MP, MK. 4 buttons, hit them in a row, -easy- assured damage off of a jab.

...I've been playing that game for years and I end up dropping it for one reason or another by the 3rd hit and almost never get the 4th hit. It's a basic fundamental part of the game, and I only win in that game by just spacing and timing MP with Q-Bee because that one button is busted with her.

>Blazblue calamity trigger
If you ever want to see retarded bullshit that's the game.
>nu was borderline untouchable
>tager can do instant wakeup tagerbuster
If you want to play and have fun, fuck around in a bunch of games find the one with the most jank and play with a friend
If you want to get good learn the basics of 1-2 games and find a character that fits your style and learn those match ups and learn the bread and butter combos

I love fighting games because every once and a while you'll get your very own scrub quote sent your way and it's an amazing feeling.
youtu.be/e0lDTyeeckI

Attached: fatyuz.jpg (310x403, 38K)

>dex vs str

Learn input techniques. Get used to the length of the input buffer of each game, use plinking/double tapping, learn all the relevant shortcuts and how the game resolves ambiguous motions (qcf motions started while a forward motion is still in the buffer is a common source of input errors).

i only like smash, fighter z, xenoverse 2, and naruto 4

>Learn input techniques
Any videos on this? As I'd take anything at this rate. Even though it feels like at times my input replays are more like this then anything:
youtube.com/watch?v=Xx8Ar_eXC90

who is the most beginner killer and why it's tager

If he let the Hakumen set up that situation then he made many mistakes.

Tager punishes aggressive rushdown playstyle all newcomers use HARD.
Every BB player har their own Tager Filter

Attached: 1568288570341.jpg (285x930, 40K)

>Any videos on this?
Tons, just use the search feature on youtube. They are game dependent so you should read up a bit on the wiki or discord or reddit board or whatever there is for whatever game you are playing so you can know what to look for. Shoryuken for Capcom titles, Dream Cancel for SNK, 8wayrun for SoulCalibur, etc.

As for the techniques, plinking was pretty much required to actually play SF4, but it has a few niche issues in other games, like King of fighters. You should be double tapping in almost every game unless you are playing a character with gatling attacks (and don't want the gatling to come out) or a game with very large buffer on normals or follow ups (3D fighters).

There's also tricks like button holding in KoF, or buffering in Tekken. It's honestly surprising that you have such a big list of fighting games and don't know all this stuff by now, my advice is to go back to square one and look up basic tutorials on everything you play to make sure you have all the tech down.

>tfw used to be really into fighters around the SF4/MvC3/early BlazBlue days
>tfw MvC3 was a ragemail fucking saltmine
I only play Smash and the latest BB these days though and the BB has never been one for much ragemail and Smash is on a platform where you literally can't message people.

Attached: 1452960735041.png (1315x1290, 279K)

and it's great

come on losing because you made one mistake is worse than sfv.

Nope. Get good, son.

git gud

Attached: 2152147.jpg (439x299, 34K)

>pretend

>SF4/MvC3/early BlazBlue days
Man, it truly felt like fighters fucking peaked at the point to me. We're now at the point where BB is irrelevant, MvC is dead, SF is on life support and hardly anybody cares about GG.

If your opponent has every possible resource available to whoop your ass in one combo you don't rush his ass with unsafe moves even if he had a single pixel of health.

First time having those kind of things noted or brought up really. When anyone ever offers advice or talks about things, it's just a "Do X more, stop doing Y, and practice practice practice" without explaining how to go about it. So yeah, on my end I've just been watching input replays and figured up till now it's just been 'press buttons correctly'. You're the first to bring up anything like Plinking or Double Tapping, Buffering and and directional input stuff I've known as it comes up a lot, but the other stuff's all new and never been said once, not even in any tutorial video's I've watched.

I'm pretty happy with where BB is so long as we get mainline coming back announced soonish (within the next year, releasing within two years).

The only fighting game that is bullshit is street fighter 5

>happy where bb is
>tag

Attached: 1615645.png (336x289, 165K)

Exposure wise Tag was the best thing to happen to BB in years