At what point did you realize it was the best MegaTen game?

At what point did you realize it was the best MegaTen game?

Attached: SMT_Strange_Journey_JPN.jpg (640x575, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y3eMjYAOjNo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this point

Attached: 1565141407431.jpg (675x1090, 566K)

Is the redux version any good?

Or did they normalize it and make it cringy weeb shit like apocalypse

It's the definitive version of the game, if you can get past the inferior art.

mostly good if you can get past the cringey artstyle and voice acting

So you never played Nocturne? It’s superior in every way possible.

god eridanus was the fucking worst

this
Eridanus goes balls to the walls

Can you not turn voice acting off?

Am I the only one who absolutely loved this shit?
I like it when the dungeons are really long and confusing. It feels like you get to know them better and mastering them is more fun.
A cake walk is never fun

maybe, been a while since i played it

Strange Journey has better dungeons and atmosphere than Nocturne.

I liked it

Attached: lawchads.png (405x248, 110K)

i think it is the best one and i have not played any megaten games. this will be my only post in the thread

how does it compare to IV?

Chanting and trumpets.

Main thing that pisses me off about the remake is that they made the old endings completely pointless, there's no reason to take them over the new ones.

When Imagine shut down.

protag was the best one too
every other megaten it's some chosen one bullshit but this was just a regular dude

grus was worse

SMT 1 was just an ordinary dude. Sure he had that vision but he wasn't more able than anyone else, hell he couldn't even use magic. There are some others where you aren't particularly special either, like Persona 1 or Soul Hackers.

the plot sounds kino, but frankly I'm too impatient to read visual novel-style walls of text and crawl through repetitive dungeons with poke-demons

worse gameplay (no press turn) but much better atmosphere, story, and characters

>(no press turn)
the press turn system sucks, though

I remember playing the ds game and having to intentionally bump into a wrong warp to complete the map. Fuck that shit.

When I heard this
youtube.com/watch?v=y3eMjYAOjNo

Attached: 1565231069631.png (480x480, 412K)

Agreed also it has better endings True Demon is entirely overrated

At the time I got to the bottom of Horologium and realized I didn't even want to fucking finish it because of all the necessary grinding and demon source fusion autism. I'll never understand what people see in SMT games.

I really liked Nocturne, DeSu and the Persona games, but I couldn’t even finish IV because... idk man it just sucked. Would I like Strange Journey?

At no point since DeSu was better.

Probably. IV has more in common with the games you listed than SJ, since they're all 3DPD. You won't really have any idea what SJ is like unless you played I-II, SH, or EO.

Post favorite demon

Attached: 5111296-metatronsmt2.jpg (1928x2376, 857K)

i liked voice acting

This is the same board that thinks FE:3H got a bad dub btw

Thankfully Strange Journey didn't have to suffer a shitty ENG dub, it's great JP-only voice acting.

I fucking love this game and replayed it quite a few times. I think that the difficulty is pretty much perfect up until Mem Aleph. I've never seen a boss thats more bullshit than her. On not even one of my playthroughs could I beat her without grinding several hours for money to summon some op shit.

Attached: 1379151067561.gif (310x325, 1.94M)

FE 3H is a great dub trapped in a mediocre game. i was surprised how good it was

>I think that the difficulty is pretty much perfect
*Asura Rogas your whole party*
nothing personnel

I wish P5 got the same quality in its dub desu

>best MegaTen game
(lol
If you want a dungeon crawler, just play EO. If you want an SMT game play any one of the better options or spinoffs on the DS/3DS.

>Demifiend, did I ever tell you about the time I transformed into a woman and went down to human world? Well I ended up falling in love with human man and became his cumslut. I became so full of his hot jizz that I eventually got pregnant and became the loving mother of my daughter, Alex. Just thought I should tell you about that so you could understand the true meaning of chaos.

Attached: 1563183451834.jpg (884x1580, 108K)

dude fuck asura so much

SMT IV actually has a fucking great dub

Thank god the 3ds remake makes this part so much more bearable.

Marineguy's jizz transcends alignment. He's just that good.

Cheesed him by removing all the demons from my party, equipping physical resistant armor and healing with items whenever possible.

Asura himself wasn't even that hard, it's the fact that like every boss after him can use his gay unblockable status effect on you that makes SJ's difficulty retarded. You just have to hope they don't do it.

I'm hesitant to play SMT1/2 cause I didn't enjoy Soul Hackers much.
The 6 party system with rows and using MAG to summon demons and walk around is a bit annoying.
Do demons in 1/2 also disobey you if they have a weird personality?

For the record SJ is my favorite so FP dungeon crawling isn't the issue.

Attached: 1542752992663.png (800x600, 443K)

Persona Q has nothing on this game.

Don't bother and just play something else. They're an absolute slog and you probably wont have that much fun. Just wait until they're remade one day.
Also there's nothing wrong with not liking Soul Hackers, its one of the worst SMT games. I'm convinced the only reason people like is because of Nemissa, le ebin spook meme and cyberpunk.

I played most of the megaten games and I also really disliked Soul Hackers. Played it on 3DS and really couln't stand more than 4 hours.

Eridanus was the game's crowning jewel but Bootes will always have a special place in my heart. Almost all the sectors were fucking great though, I just found Horologium a little disappointing and the only genuinely subpar one was Fornax.

>Still stuck at it
>By getting rekt by the boss
Am I doing something wrong or is the dragon fucking powerful?

Persona Q is hardly a point of comparison since its not hard, its just absolutely cancerous and shittly designed in a way SJ isn't.
After playing all the EO games except PQ2 I can honestly say that the PQ1 festival dungeon is the worst in the series.

So would you say 1 and 2 were better and worth trying?
I did manage to finish it but I just didn't think the dungeons or bosses were very fun. Not as bad as Persona 2 but still just mediocre.

Attached: 1541809779548.jpg (726x1133, 259K)

Use agidyne. Get Kingu. Heal. Use buffs.

I think it's worth it see where the series came from but as the other user said I also think that the games didn't really age well. It was more of a chore to play if I'm honest. But still pretty interesting to see the beginnings.

Gotta get a whole team with fire attacks, and as many with the same alignment as possible for the extra damage.

Okay gotcha, I guess I'll prioritize other newer games I haven't played yet first.

Ouroboros is a really cheap, poorly designed boss, like many others in the game. Its Judgment Light skill will basically instakill your party if you don't buff, and it can also give your party random status effects. The fight is basically just racing to kill him before he does one of his bullshit moves and annihilates your whole team

Persona 5's dub is fine. I'm particularly fond of Futaba's va. Idk why so many people here give it shit.