This shit at all worth playing or is it just faggot weeb fan service?

Attached: Persona-Q-Shadow-of-the-Labyrinth.jpg (1000x1000, 169K)

If you are in the mood for a dungeon crawler.

I finished the original one and just started on pq2.
It's ok - fun if you like persona but it dumb down the characters into caricatures. Plot is barebones. Apparently pq2 is much better, haven't played enough to comment.

It's good, but the main purpose is the fan service of seeing the two casts interact with each other.
So if you're not interested in that then skip it.

Then to rephrase, is it uniquely good for the nature of its gameplay subtractive fan wank, or is it surpassed by other 3ds alternatives?

It is pretty bad. You begin to destroy every enemy encounter once you obtain mudo/hama skills so dungeons become a chore after, like, halfway through the second dungeon. The P3/P4 cast are diluted into the most one-note personalities possible and interaction between the two is boring. I also don't get the hard-on people have over drawing maps either, to me it's just pointless filler to draw out floors and walls and shit.

I'd look into either the mainline SMTs, Soul Hackers if you want another first person game, or Devil Survivor Overclocked for a fantastic SRPG.

Attached: 1393822133843.gif (425x235, 2.35M)

it has more gameplay than mainline persona

As a lighthearted dungeon crawler, its a great intro to the genre. I'd say if your a fan of Persona, you'd end up enjoying it for sure but don't expect a memorable challenge or anything hardcore.

Well that gets to the heart of my questions. I have 2gb left on my SD card. Already installed SMT4 with DLC. Do I install this or find something else?

I've never played an actual Etrian Odyssey game, (which is what PQ is based on in case you didn't know), but from what I've heard the gameplay is a lot more complex and developed than Persona Q so I guess go with those if you want that style of gameplay.
Basically, PQ = watered down EO gameplay to appeal to Persona fans

SMT4 is fine, just be sure to save often and you're good to go.

Persona Q is a light Etrian Odyssey with tons of fanservice. If you want a more hardcore first person dungeon crawler, play Etrian Odyssey IV.

Does it have any map making? I wanted to like Etrian Odyssey but I hate making my maps.

Mapmaking is EO's main gimmick. If you want an automatic map with semi-similar RPG gameplay you have Soul Hackers (pretty easy) or Strange Journey redux (can be a motherfucker at times).

Yes it does but Persona Q has an auto mapping feature, so you basically only have to draw the outline of the path you've walked.

At some point they put auto-mapping in EO that draws in walls for you, but you still have to place icons like doors, chests and shortcuts.

How bout this?

Damnit

Attached: 612oTukLo8L.jpg (500x458, 67K)

This one's good. The puzzles are on the easy side, though.

Neither, honestly. Shit plot, shit fan service.

As someone lukewarm to Layton and a fan of (most) AA games, this was kinda dick. Layton gets jerked off over how great his puzzle solving skills are, but also becomes a courtroom god and robs Phoenix of that cathartic victory you get when outsmarting prosecutors.

One of the funnest megaten games ive played.

Attached: Shin-Megami-Tensei-Devil-Survivor-2-Record-Breaker.jpg (1000x1000, 173K)

Havent played DS1. Necessary and/or good?

I mean, the core gameplay is fantastic and there's a shitload of content and endgame choices to go with, but goddamn those characters and endgame routes are all REALLY fucking stupid. Kudos for trying something other than law/chaos/neutral, but but for fucks sake, "evil star sends abstract furniture to talk gibberish and kill you" was not the way to go about it.
The Overclocked version is great, way stronger story with an actual focus on survival and societal breakdowns under catastrophe and all that stuff. Plus it fixes the strength builds and expands on the endgame routes.

Attached: 1567720916318.jpg (1024x860, 147K)

Whats the tangible difference between overclocked and soul hackers?

Devil Survivor Overclocked is an SRPG with multiple endgame routes and party members you fuse demons for combat and passive abilities that help you on the battle maps. Soul Hackers is a weird case: it has the usual demon negotiation and first-person dungeon exploration and demon negotiation of early SMT, but there's just he one main story path and combat is pretty different from the other games in the series.

>it has the usual demon negotiation and first-person dungeon exploration and demon negotiation
Yeah, time for me to sleep I think.

Attached: 1390689489634.jpg (2848x2136, 679K)

eh you're chill. There's far bigger tardery on Yea Forums this late.

enjoy random encounters every 7 steps and eternal backtracking

>but I hate making my maps
Imagine having taste this shit.

Attached: 1385255907670.jpg (500x371, 41K)

its better than the main games.

never played the first one but i did like Q2.

Yes.

how do you water down EO? it is insanely basic as is. Nexus was braindead with that new hero class being jesus reincarnated

>but I hate making my maps

Attached: 1549347535806.jpg (1235x800, 307K)