Why does Yea Forums worship this game?

Why does Yea Forums worship this game?

Attached: 51F2B3CET5L.jpg (500x397, 52K)

Because it is good.

It's great.

It's pretty good. It takes itself at least somewhat seriously, something no other Fallout game does. It does a pretty good job of building a world. It is definitely flawed but It's one of those games where it feels like the people making it really cared about it, and wanted to make something interesting and unique.

Attached: 1564452578369.png (1600x2162, 3.01M)

Post yfw:

>Old school Fallout just had various bits and bobbles representing the 1950s like a TV dinner you could find
>Otherwise it's completely set in a futuristic apocalypse setting
>Bethesda extrapolated a TV dinner used to add flavor into the entire art direction of modern fallout

Attached: 1561203962246.jpg (906x936, 849K)

>old school fallout uses 1950's Americana aesthetics to set the stage for the old world
>most of the actual game is more based on post-apocalyptic 70's movies like Mad Max and A Boy and His Dog
>Bethesda misunderstands this so quickly and fundamentally it is gone entirely in their first game for the series

Attached: excuse me.jpg (861x796, 310K)

it's good, way better than the shitty visual novel that planescape torment was

to be fair you have to have a high iq to understand the original fallout games

It's basically the golden example of CRPGs/WRPGs, and a great first one to get into the genre. Thought I personally liked Fallout 2 and Planescape more.

>bethesda added in the retro-futuristic aspect of the Fallout setting, with more of a focus on old-world artifacts and world design
>actual fallout would just be another generic brown post-apocalypse like RAGE
obsidifags are the worst

Attached: iu.jpg (1280x717, 168K)

this, planescape torment is for faggots

no u

hey man, I was gonna say that

Do you think Fallout 1 and 2 are like RAGE?

i think if there were to be a modern game with the same design principles, it would be similar, yes

It's literally one of the best 10 games ever made.

Attached: pathetic.jpg (205x245, 6K)

Van Buren didn't seem to be heading that way, and if they regained ownership of Wasteland, I assume that would be headed more in the direction of RAGE, although 3 might be meandering away from that point for the time being.

It's a fantastic game.

either never played fallout 1 and 2 or retarded

is old game, so is good on the sole virtue of being old.

Back to your Smash general, child.

>GRRR, WHY RETRO-FUTURE AESTHETIC? ME AM WANT BROWN BLAND MOVIE-RIPOFF WASTELAND!!!
Get your head out of your ass, and your brain out of the gutter.

Do you think Fallout 1 was exclusively a bland brown movie ripoff?

>anyone who disagrees with me is a fan of *irrelevant game* and a babby
Ironic, considering you have a juvenile behavior.
Fallout 3 is in every way an upgrade to both Fallout 1 and 2, both in terms of a more harmonized lore and universe, as well as a better understanding of its own identity. The first game was rather alright, but the second one behaves like a parody or fanfiction.
I *could* mention Fallout 4 and what I think about it, but I'll keep this about 3.
No, but it sure does treat itself like an alternate universe Mad Max. I'm glad Bethesda got the IP.

Retro-future aesthetic is still present in the game, user. It's just not hyper-exaggerated to the point of feeling like a parody of itself.

nostalgia. it's a pretty boring and shit game without rose tinted glasses.

>as well as a better understanding of its own identity.
>second one behaves like a parody
It's a positive when 3 does it, but a negative when 2 does it?

They have to pretend to like it so they can have "cred" for their real favorite meme game: Fallout New Vegas.

Attached: awards.png (637x754, 380K)

>giving a shit what trannies at IGN think...

>gamespot

Attached: gamespot.png (1556x364, 67K)

>ign

Attached: ign.png (1511x537, 95K)

cope

It's a positive for 3 because Bethesda knew what to do with the aesthetic, the whole theme of Vault-Tec conspiring with the still-persisting US Government to do experiments on the dwellers, the whole personal struggle stories for the player character and the people they help, the despair and cries from the old world still echoing in the new one.
What does 2 do? Make movie references and having le wacky one-liners. That is all it's capable of delivering.

nope

soap

dope

pope

jackie chan

Attached: 10thingsjackie.jpg (800x450, 54K)

>the whole theme of Vault-Tec conspiring with the still-persisting US Government to do experiments on the dwellers, the whole personal struggle stories for the player character and the people they help, the despair and cries from the old world still echoing in the new one.
So basically Fallout 2? Because you just described Fallout 2 if you actually played it.

Attached: 1568098014456.jpg (313x298, 27K)

>the whole theme of Vault-Tec conspiring with the still-persisting US Government to do experiments on the dwellers
You do know Fallout 2 is the one that added that, right? Right?

Anons when the fuck will you guys learn? /v is filled with people who can't be bothered to read and have short attention spawns people can't even be bothered to glance at the controls screen for fuck sakes get it through your heads.

>the whole theme of Vault-Tec conspiring with the still-persisting US Government to do experiments on the dwellers
>What does 2 do?

Attached: gif.gif (331x197, 1.71M)

Eat shit, Todd.

Fnv is way better then fo3 only retards think the opposite. Fnv has a way better stories, weaponry, and dlcs then fo3.

>Fallout could have been a post-nuclear DnD instead of just being about 50's and nukes

Attached: 1539640499593.gif (460x294, 1.84M)

I'm a newfag so I'm still learning, Sarge.

you made me reread his post in the R Lee Ermey voice

Fallout 76 is great too but you faggots are swayed by any review. Sad!

Attached: bait.png (343x531, 12K)

Redditor
Redditor
Redditor

welcome to Yea Forums

You have to be a 90s kids to understand

It's pretty boring but I'm not really deep in the game so I expect that to improve.

Cringe and bluepilled
Based and redpilled

>video game awards

Even worse than movie, music, and TV awards.
The people deciding the awards are the ones paid to advertise games and given free copies and merch. Some will likely even have their own games

>join.
>DIE!
>join.
>DIE!

Attached: greatest_v_villiain_comming_through.png (803x414, 491K)

>>anyone who disagrees with me is a fan of *irrelevant game* and a babby
well you didn't present any argument in, only bait. Yet you think you are entitled to be treated serious in a discussion.
as based poster said
>back to your smash general, child

t.redditor

Decent game that aged like sour milk.
The story/lore is great though.

this is bait is stale like FO76

Attached: 1565395690647.png (742x742, 326K)

>aged

What are the other 9?

Reminder that the ar15 was designed in the 1950's and is totally acceptable for the 50's aesthetics

Attached: 1564516300908.png (1342x1940, 600K)

AR-10 looks more 50's better.

There's thought put into making the game.

Is that a Hispanic Christian Lain?

Catholic?

>final boss was a dragon reskin with two extra moves
I thought people didn't like elder scrolls online? why the fuck did people think fallout 76 would be any better?

Do you have no shame, Toddler?
Well yeah, you kind of don't, otherwise you wouldn't be eating Todd's knob.

Attached: Loading02.jpg (640x480, 204K)

Reminder that part of the alternate history that is the Fallout universe is the lack of the invention of the transistor. Which is why technology never miniaturized (hence refrigerator sized calculators). Which is explicitly stated in Fallout 2 as being a reason why Androids couldn't be made. And then we have Fallout 4. Which is entirely based around Androids. Who gives a fuck about a weapon type when a direct sequel just takes a steaming fat shit all over everything established?

Attached: 1562881036613.jpg (769x1024, 63K)

>And then we have Fallout 4
Scratch that.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 71K)

I wish I could. I truly do. But it exists. And you know it does. And so does an army of zoomers that thinks it's what fallout is.

Attached: 1561350538972.jpg (632x632, 69K)

I think F2 is better in terms of content and world building, but i still respect F1 for grate atmosphere.

Attached: 1565335794787.jpg (608x692, 42K)

I love cats. But I would boop that fucking cat on the snoot until it went away just for giving me that look.

It's really good. My only complaint is it's kinda short but FO2 covers that issue.

>like Deus Ex
Well yeah, it was originally going to be a DE game

Yeah, a multiplayer mode for IW. Fuck that noise.

Lore's a bit iffy on whether transistors exist or not, but I feel like there's enough mentions of them across the series to say that they do exist in some form, though obviously not widespread. The big thing about Fallout tech is that instead of choosing to develop computers and miniaturize tech they went whole hog on harnessing the atom. So it's reasonable to believe that transistors could have been invented at some point after the divergence.

The Institute is also formerly CIT (because MIT was probably trademarked) so it's likely they had access to such bleeding edge tech for research including specs for them, from which they could likely have improved the design which would later be used in synth processing components.

None of the Fallout lore makes sense even within the context of one game, let alone multiple games across different studios

>playing le fallout
>see le tardis
>instinctively reach for le upvote button
edit: thanks for the gold kind stranger!

Attached: Fo1_Tardis.gif (395x279, 3.08M)

Except it isn't iffy. At no point in the classics are transistors mentioned and Fallout 2 explicitly stated that Androids are an impossibility. You can go right ahead and hoover up Todd's jizz all you want. Doesn't change the fact that andoids are a direct insult to fallout lore. That's not even getting into all the other bullshit like deathclaws being on the northeast coast despite being mutated geckos or the invention of jet. You need to come to terms with the fact that Bethesda is TRULY that fucking lazy that they can't be bothered to spend even a month to come up with original shit and instead just need to ape shit to make a fast buck. They are the epitome of creative bankruptcy.

Attached: Death-Stranding-Mads-Mikkelsen.jpg (3360x1900, 1.6M)

>being so young that you think Reddit even existed back then
I actually miss the times of Gaiafags invasion

the guns don't need to be period appropriate to the 50's seeing that the end of the world didn't happen in the 50's

Attached: Fo2_H&K_P90c.png (91x66, 2K)

There are computers in Fallout 2 the same size and function as modern computers

I never once got that encounter. Maybe because i don't make luck 10 builds.

Not him but
When exactly does Fallout 2 explicitly state that androids are an impossibility?
Granted it's been awhile since I played the game but I don't remember any part of the game that implied much less outright stated it
Did I miss something?

Thief TDP
Baldur's Gate
Quake
GTA 3

The list goes on...

Attached: 1461214242298.jpg (1240x710, 73K)

>Based Bowie Poster

I'm still waiting for Bethesda to give Firaxis the rights to Fallout so we can have a proper sequel to Tactics.

Attached: pic4459877.jpg (1024x652, 210K)