Is there are stronger contender for GOTY?

Is there are stronger contender for GOTY?

Attached: 73b854a6c097c499edebf21702498686a2c2c219.jpg (616x353, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/devilmaycry5/mods/369
youtube.com/watch?v=vTbeT9UXlZw
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1568620054660.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=GL9dG-WM-bM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>short, edgy emo button masher being goty
Since you asked OP, it's Sekiro

Fpbp

Sekiro is shit on its own and even more compared to DMC

Cope harder capcuk

astral chain, platinum games are better at action games than capcom

It's a pretty boring game, doesn't get remotely good until some hours in

Cope fromshill

Dmc won't even be nominated in the goty category, maybe only in the action game category
The goty will be between remake 2, piss standing because of kojimadrones and sekiro

based

dmcuck on suicide watch

Have cope sex

It will be for Death Stranding, even Yea Forums knows this

>Dmc won't even be nominated in the goty category, maybe only in the action game category
And it will lose to astral chain to have the capkeks more butthurt

fuck off barry.

It'll be Death Stranding, RDR2 and Smash

Sorry to break it to you but it probably won't even get nominated.

Based
Gas yourself, we get you don't like your circlejerk crap game to be surpassed so easily

literally who you e-celeb loving faggot

>Thinking Astral Chain will even be goty worthy

Get the fuck out Nintendo onions

You're the one who thinks dmc5 is goty worthy, we all can spout jokes

>DMC
>emo
Really, nigga?

RE2R

Why don't you stop embarrasing yourself capdrone

>this entire thread
Either way, I was pleasantly surprised with DMC5. Some of the most fun I’ve had with a game in a long time.

Attached: bait.png (343x531, 12K)

This game really makes, Sekirofags and Platinumfags seethe.

it's a decent action game, but kind of "been there done that", it doesn't really bring anything new or refreshing to the genre.

Attached: 1568505454088.jpg (448x560, 47K)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Still thinking Astral Chain will have a chance to be GOTY material

Look, I'm not really a big DMC fan but that game ain't gonna get any nominations, nor a reward. You have to be retarded or sucking Platinum dick to think it's gonna be goty.

mario maker 2 or astral chain

No, this game just makes fags seethe, including you you fucking faggot.

Attached: 1564188928745.jpg (326x352, 20K)

>Bad story with horrible dialogue
>Constant interruptions from pointless cutscenes just so your character can do the MCU quips
>Generic hack and slash gameplay that is braindead easy
>Forced to play as Kylo Ren with his fucking alladin parrot for a huge chunk of the game

As much as I love DMCV, Resident Evil 2 is my goty.

How exactly would it make him seethe, user? Did you even read what you typed?

Look who's talking you seething seether.

"Xfags epicly finna seething *dab*" type shitposting is mad as absolute fuck, user. Ten or fifteen layers of irony doesn't change it.

Why would make them seethe when they have better games?

suckiro is even worse than Dark Souls 2

smash

Cause they aren't actually better games and deep down they know it. They wont admit it, but deep inside they know the truth.

how so?

Ah yes, the truth Yea Forums doesn't ever want to accept

There are a fuckton of games more worthy
You're just overrating this shit because you didn't had a decent dmc game in 10 years

B-BUT MY NOSTALGIA!

Sure they know Itsuno, sure they know

Like what? Are you gonna say fucking Link's Awakening or some shit?

Was it about DMC that makes this board so pissy?

it improves on so little from DMC4 and has so many problems. 1/3rd of the game is shit (V). dante only has 4 levels and the level design sucks. but the state of the gaming industry is so bad it probably still is my GOTY.

Because Nintendo soys are mad because DMC V is better than laggy Astral Chain

I just got into DMC this year and I thought the game was overall fantastic. Why are you guys so mad?

For me it's either Sekiro or Resident Evil 2 - I enjoyed RE2 more but Sekiro was original, so I don't know.

Bro DMCV was ass

sekiro and astral chain are better because they have actual game worlds to accommodate the gameplay, whereas dmc5 is just a series of corridors. it's fucking boring

This so much fellow Capcom customer

>it improves on so little from DMC4
It’s an actual full game compared to 4 so it’s already better on that front.

Nostalgia points and internet meme culture sure do carry 7/10 games these days

>B-b-but nintendo!!!
You have for example remake 2 if you want a capcom game to be goty contender so desperately you drone

1.DMC5
2.Sekiro
3. DOOM Eternal (Not out yet but im most likely sure I'll like it)
I haven't played Astral Chain yet but I want to soon. Worst game i probably played was KHIII and it wasn't even that bad. Good year overall

I just like the game, man. Not exactly sure about what a company has to do with it.

So that's why the player notes are higher on astral chain than BASED ITSUNO wacky wacky yahoo curaziiee pizza hobo?

>Astral Chain better
Fuck off Platinum drone

boomer autists are slowly realizing that DmC was the more soulful game, that's why

>DmC
>soul
Pick one.

Did anyone else both enjoyed DMC5 and Sekiro and feels the need to shit on the other pointless?

Still haven’t bought Sekiro yet but I’m planning to. Is it any good? Shitposters need not apply.

>soulless
ftfy

Sekiro is poor man's Nioh.

It's good but how do I say this...I enjoyed playing through it, but once I got all the secrets and the like, I felt it was a "solved" game at the point, I have no intention to ever launch it again. DMC5 in the other hand, I loved to play through it the first time since I am a huge fan, and to this day I still launch the game to play a few missions/Bloody Palace.

I unironically believe that Sekiro would greatly benefit from a Bloody Palace mode like DMC

So, you’re saying that it kind of lacks in replay value? That’s a bit of a shame but I would still like to play through it.

yes, it has major flaws though
the most important thing is: don't expect it to be a Souls game, that's the main reason they tried to shitpost it to death

Yeah basically that, I still can't really say from a "first playthrough" standpoint who do I give the crown, but as I said, both are great games.

but since it's actually just DMC 4.5 it's more like DLC.
and is it really a full game? when 1 3rd of the levels are V missions (completely wasted) 3 of the 20 missions are just boss fights (2 vergil). there's no real level design and I think there's like a total of 5 actual decent levels in the game before you get to repetitive brown tree bio-fuckery shit.
DMC4 still had more levels worth playing.
I guess DMC5 has more bosses tho.

I actually liked playing as V so I really have no problems with him. And even then, a large majority of DMC4’s problems is that they designed the game purely for Nero’s campaign but didn’t have enough time to purely flesh out Dante’s own and just had him fighting the same bosses. Plus, the dice minigame was bullshit and you know it.

>Is there are

No, it's the best DMC game and best action game by a large margin

>He doesn't know

I'm not going to give you shit for liking DmC but that's not what the threads are saying. If anything the winds are implying that boomer autists are slowly realizing that DMC1 was the more soulful game.

Attached: 01 memories_ss02.jpg (300x169, 20K)

I figured out the dice will always land on the number that's on top when you attack it.

You can always tell someones opinion isn't worth anything when they bitch about V.

Yes because Journalists can't even S Rank to save their lives so it'll be The Last of Us 2.
Also instead of saying "it's boring" can you just say you suck?

>Ass Chain
Literally won't even get any nominations lmao

The special edition.

Attached: 1568251624377.jpg (366x394, 68K)

Fuck off. V's shit. he has no depth and is completely broken in not even a fun way.

Mavis Bacon teaches typing 2019

Git gud

fpbp

They can't play it

fpbp

Yeah, if you're a combo fag. Not much else here for anyone looking for something of substance that isn't that. I'm sure this game is great for those who want to set up their scenes and show off what 11 years of DMC4 practice and the ability to JC for 10 minutes straight gets themes but for the rest of us this hardly rates above 4.

> I don't know how to combo, style switch, jump cancel, etc. etc. etc.

Git gid.

>>generic hack and slash gameplay that is braindead easy
PFFFFFFFFTAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

>Git gud
>at V
based retard.
a character that can S rank everything with no effort and spam dodge to become invincible.
oh i'm very gud. everyone is gud when they play as that shitty broken character.

>unironically outing yourself as a scrub
Git gud

Attached: laugh at you.jpg (600x450, 19K)

1fags are equally annoying

It's not actually. they made everything too easy so casuals can do it. now there's no real point in showing off..

That's exactly why you play DMC though? Don't tell me you play it for muh story

You couldn't make it more obvious that you're a scrub who never played past devil hunter and can't handle simple pawn management. Don't bitch about the game being bad when it's you that's the problem

git gud

Git gud

Unironically git gud

>A capcom game not being shit is impressive for capcomfags
Why do so many people bootlick this company anyways?

I honestly don't see the level design in 5 bad, sure 4's was interesting and had variety but that was mostly as a lore standpoint (The specific demons from a specific hell gate were changing the surroundings) in 5 they can't really play the same card twice. And while most of the levels were "inside tree bs" it was all in the fine details, like seeing street signs and buildings twisted in the tree's insides, or seeing the husks bodies of the people that died.

Also "wasted" missions been a thing since ever, DMC3 had "bosses only" missions too, 18 (With the exception of that FUCKING CHESSBOARD addition i guess) was a boss rush, 19 was mayor dissapointment and 20 was kino. DMC4 had the stupid as fuck Savior fight on 18, the FUCKING DICE GAME boss rush on 19 and a literal repeat of Sanctus on 20.

>I'm not having fun.
>Practice until you are.
Thus defeating the purpose of it all.

Attached: th.jpg (474x425, 31K)

>Game with preorder DLC and modes missing for months.
>GOTY.

Attached: 1547396179226.jpg (700x551, 69K)

it's like you're having a different conversation. what's it like constantly spewing bullshit non sequesters and not being able to argue properly?

>no mention of borderlands
Everyone in this thread is still managing with the cope, I see.

take your meds
4's levels were absolutely atrocious with all the stupid puzzles and backtracking needed

What's with scrubs like you being incapable of not outing yourself as bad at the game? Play on a harder difficulty than human and come back when you actually know how to play.

go back

I never cared for combo vids, anyway. Yeah, impressive show of skill, but watching was boring and uninteresting. While I'm sure that jump canceling for a straight minute requires tons of skill watching a guy do it plus a bunch of moving around all silly like just to use hard to do mechanics just to show that he can to a really bad song just never seemed that entertaining to me. I'm sure it's just me, since those got shit tons of views and even had competitions.

I actually like the boss rushes in DMC. V's boss rush was shit tho. by far the worst and the forced walking was retarded. I just kept jumping.

>he actually struggled with this game
lmao I can't even imagine you playing a real mans game like Ninja Gaiden

retard.
I beat DMD I got As Bs and Cs as Dante and Nero but Ss as V.

I don't disagree with you on that, but I am glad that at least it went by quicker than expected.

>scrub is incapable of providing proofs

Attached: Dante Howdy.png (758x799, 481K)

You're right and they'll hate you for it. I've come to realize that obsession with combo wankery will be the downfall of this series.

V is journo tier boring ass character made for retards who couldn't get S with Dante or Nero.

wasted potential
I couldn't give a fuck about the phony battle between vergil and dante
Now chasing after Kyrie, that was a real story I gave a fuck about.
>what are you trying to say user
4 >5
>but that's wrong you fucking retard
Agreed, you should have been aborted, you god damn mistake of a human.

Nope, nothing comes close.

>take your meds
That's some advice coming from someone who advocates doing something you don't like over and over until you do. Sounds like brainwashing, actually.

>he's resorting to samefagging
My sides

Attached: Laughing Dante.png (274x385, 130K)

Also as a threadly reminder, check the Cheat Engine Table for DMC5, it has some pretty interesting things that makes the experience even better nexusmods.com/devilmaycry5/mods/369

Kyrie wasn’t even a character in 4, dude.

>478170829
>478170706 (You)
you fail retard.

No one likes V besides newfags.

hes a retard who saw v in a trailer and assumed he was an edgelord and not a poetry dork.

Devil May Cry is pretty much a poor man's Bayonetta at this point

You wanted KYRIEEE part 2?

>vergil
>not an edgelord

>samefag can't even provide a screenshot
Top zozzle, you never even played DMC5 did you? You're either a 4fag whose autism is too high to play anything else or a retarded shitposter

he's a nerd. he pretends to be cool but fails hard because his stupid brother keeps shoving pizza in his face. there are literally zero edgelords in the original dmc.

>newfag doesn't know about cooldown
Stay buttmad faget.

dmc franchise*

>ask for screen
your next words will be
>ehhr you used inspect element to change it.

Attached: eat shit.png (700x356, 40K)

And if there is a DMC6 it will probably just turn out to be just 5 but with a few tweaks and prettier graphics because that's what these people will see it crash and burn before they give up the gameplay they spent the better part of two decades practicing.

This is what DMC is now and will continue to be from now on and if that sounds good to you then you are the reason the series will grow stale and wither away.

Dmc is a game for tryhards who are shit at fighting games and would rather button mash on potato sack opponents

This could have been perfect if it weren't for shitty teleporting enemies abusing i-frames and fucking V being boring as shit to play as
Holy shit no, even by the low low standards set by From, Sekiro is mediocre as fuck

Attached: The fuck.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

Finally someone with common sense

What would you change about dmc?

i like the teleporting enemies because they're the really only puzzle like enemies in this game (besides sin scissors). finding out how to stun the judecca and finding optimal damage combos for furies are a nice change of pace. Try hell and hell with V. it honestly helped me understand how his gameplay worked and made me appreciate more. still wont go back to him but i grew fond of him in the end.

>no build variety from a company that only has good games due to build varieties
>regular enemies are easier to deal with than fucking Gomba's after a couple of hours in
>lag input issues on PS4 version on a game that is all about perfect timing
>fairly short
Worst game I've ever played out of From's lineup of games is definitely not GOTY. Haven't played DMC5 so I can't say if it is any better though.

I have little to no hopes for potential DMC6. 5 shows the direction this franchise has headed towards and honestly I feel like it's not for me anymore. I hate to sound like a doomsayer, but this is how I truly feel.

go back to the action-adventure style of dmc1 and dmc3. dmc5's campaign is just a bloody palace with cutscenes, it's boring as fuck

Attached: 1552446173799.jpg (457x396, 44K)

you retards never fail to amaze me with your rose tinted glasses. the teminigru is fucking awful to look at and to explore. there is nothing interesting about it. after replaying the game multiple times ive found pointless item finding to be just that, "pointless". its literally filler to get to the next fighting area. you just spam stinger to get to the next area. the castle is better but thats because its a RE holdover. dmc5 trims the fat while still leaving some neat exploring that isnt intrusive. play re for the exploring you stupid fucks.

Ace Combat 7.

Attached: 1506485789047 2.jpg (467x270, 82K)

Borderlands 3

Whoa you are completely stupid.

the only ace combat ive played was 6 and i loved it. i heard some bad things about 7 and am skeptical about it. how is it compared to 6?

Better. Most of the bad things come from assblasted HOTAS fags who didn't have compatibility with their flight sticks on launch.

Dante only campaign with a hammy villain to boot, Nero can take a hike. A Dante that's not retarded/hobo, but also not a parody of himself like in 4. Levels similar to 3 & 1, with more elevation. Engaging enemies that aren't just rehashes of ones from ps2. Cinematography and action cutscenes like the ones from 3 & 4. Game actually being challenging again on the level of 1&3 though DMD could take some tips from 4. Stylized art-style.
You are the perfect audience for DMC5.
>teminigru is awful to look at
Now you've really crossed the line.

Attached: vergil3.jpg (1430x1426, 96K)

nah fuck off combo autist. there's a reason why dmc 1 and 3 are regarded as the best in the series. go play bloody palace if all you care about is nonstop combo autism

Stay way from it.

Attached: shit combat 7.png (846x408, 71K)

>DMC1
>regarded as the best in the series
Lmao

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention there's one autist who insists it's bad who always shits up the Ace Combat threads with shitty screencaps of metacritic or irrelevant steam reviews.

why are dmc5 fans so fucking autisitc, fuck off this board underage faggot.

This children game isnt even top 10 contender

>DMC1-3 autist thinks he has room to talk

show me one good area of the teminigru proper. the brown boring area. the techno area is literally there so you dont fall asleep from the boring architecture.
>there's a reason
yea being retarded. you fags seriously need to replay the game and see how boring the game actually is when you arent fighting anyone. the way the game is built is literally a holdover from re because the fixed camera angles dont mesh with a 2d control scheme. dmc3 heavily toned down the exploring because itsuno knew what he was doing. kamiya is a fucking hack.

my beef with dmc5 (and dmc 4 too) is that nothing epic or exciting ever happens. you just trek through a few bombed out streets, fight up the demon tree, beat urizen/vergil and the game ends. that's all that fucking happens

Attached: 1558849363306.jpg (188x234, 11K)

Based

t. didn't even play the game

>kamiya is a fucking hack
yeah he's such a hack he created the franchise itsuno has spent most of his career working in the shadow of. and bayonetta 1 is better than any itsuno dmc

I think it probably has the deepest gameplay of any game released this year so far. In my book, by definition, this does get game of the year. Other games may invoke different highs, very atmospheric games, majestic worlds, intriguing stories...but they shine in areas where movies and books have already shone brighter, whearas I feel DMC was doing interactive things only a game could do, and should be praised as a game of the year for it. I do take away points because it was not treading new ground, as a sequel it's doing an excellent job but DMC5 is not creating a genre or anything, it is something we have seen before but it's doing it exceptionally well.

I think it's got more depth than most games dream of when it comes to combat, so many options are available to the player that it can take hundreds of hours to perfect one's abilities and still learn things.

That's why I'd value it as the best game this year.
I love Astral Chain and feel it is an great game, however I feel the combat is a step down from DMC/Bayonetta/W101.

Attached: compare1361030628013.png (1240x328, 73K)

>bayonetta 1 is better than any itsuno dmc
Not with all of those QTEs.

>muh 1 person
Stay mad schizo

Attached: WkL9za.png (593x770, 133K)

>created the franchise
congrats. doesnt make him good. he got 4 do overs. i can respect the origin but the way he fucked up the ending and the horrible plane sequence makes me think he just got lucky. itsuno mastered what he was given which is why we got the style systems in 3, the refined mechanics in 4 and the grand slam that is 5.

And you're proving him wrong by posting another Steam review screencap? Guess that guy was legit.

Attached: 1552118039513.png (522x508, 380K)

That's exactly his style too, he always says schizo. For someone fervently denying that he's the only autist, he does a very bad job at it.

Moonlight Mile, Forbidden Land Front, Sunken Opera House, Gears of Madness, Altar of Evil, Lair of Judgement, Peak of Darkness.
Just some of them, not to mention how the whole tower drastically changes after 2nd Vergil battle.

>inb4 those all suck

>doesnt make him good
>Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Bayonetta, The Wonderful 101
go to bed itsuno

Attached: 1553125061471.png (307x307, 107K)

RE2, Sekiro and Astral Chain are all better than DMC5, and I say that as a DMC fan.

DMC5 while a good game in its own right was a disappointment. It's too easy, too slow, too bland, and apart from V offers little that's new.

Attached: 1538815531374.jpg (1080x706, 58K)

they don't suck, they're just kind of...there. nothing really memorable or over the top every happens in dmc5, it's all pretty grounded. it's especially bad near the end when the game practically becomes a soap opera with all the corny family drama shit

>exploring is bad
>kamiya is a hack
>muh bloody palace game with cutscenes is goty

Attached: 1562173944242.gif (400x332, 2.5M)

the best thing about DMC5 was the porn but nobody even makes any of it anymore

Attached: 1555400834935.png (638x629, 377K)

normal mode was easy mode and hard mode was normal mode

>exploring is bad
yes
along with platforming and "puzzles", atleast when it comes to DMC

>no more gayshit
Thank you

Attached: teef.jpg (899x951, 346K)

>It’s an actual full game

given the reused assets, choppy as fuck story, no costumes, no turbo, that pathetic excuse of an online mode, no extra costumes, basic bitch bloody palace and that V has zero depth compared to other playable characters I have to disagree with you on this

If anything, DMCV is the KH3 of its series. It even uses the same plot twists!

so rather than improve upon those aspects to make an even better game, just throw it all out and make a series of bland corridors to run through for 10 hours. FUCKING BASED ITSUNO

Attached: 1550920283057.jpg (406x364, 35K)

Except DMC5 is actually good. And it’s a lot more of a full game than DMC4.

cope nigger all i hear is cope cope cope from your basic bitch ass who can't admit V is a waste of time.

no joke i had to look all these up because they were so forgettable so lets see
>gray
>i dont even know where this is
>drab
>gray and brown
>where is this?
peak of darkness is actually good. the trees and moon remind me of something but i cant remember what. still it looks nice you got me there
ok user you had one good area out of the rest. the rest is brown with a few patches of color sprinkled in. it honestly just looks washed out which is my biggest problem. its supposed to be an ancient tower right? make it more fantastical. it all blends in after a while
yes its bad in a game that is not about exploring. thank god itsuno focused on the combat mechanics instead of pointless platform filler. kamiya is a hack for dmc. he made other good games but he definitely did not do dmc1 any favors with his creating style
. hes the creator but should not have stayed and thank god he didnt.
yes, itsuno realized what his game needed so he threw away what it didnt need. hes not obliged to leave in a gameplay design just because it was in the first one.

Yes, because the platforming in DMC has always been fucking ass.

temin-ni gru offered better

The only puzzles I liked was the one from 3 where you had to go through 3 different doors and if you did all 3 you got a secret weapon. I wouldn't mind if that one came back other than that Im ok with what 5 did.

Attached: 1563601011544.jpg (800x488, 173K)

I don't know, user, after DMC4 I actually felt I finished it, yet after DMC5 it just felt like something was still missing.

RDR2 was last year If i'm not wrong, death stranding or Smash will probably get it

>DMC4
>finished
Good joke.

gayshit was the best thing about dmc threads
ever since all the fujos and faggots left it's been nothing but constant low quality shit threads.

Attached: 1554096738407.jpg (588x526, 43K)

That's why people complain about DMC5. Capcom thought that what people wanted was a combo video simulator for the masses. It strips out everything at the behest of grade-chasing and juggling by making the game slower and easier to play with no other distractions, diversions of palate cleansers outside of the secret missions. And as a result it's one of the duller and least replayable games in the series.

Attached: 1542446786888.jpg (443x478, 149K)

it probably felt unfinished because of the weird cliffhangers in the end. i expected some trish and lady dlc or announcements for a playable vergil.

>kamiya is a hack for dmc
retard, he literally INVENTED this style of action game, dmc1 was the first of its genre. look, i get it, you're a huge itsuno fanboy but trying to shit on a true industry legend to prop him up is just pathetic.

Attached: 1561091342836.jpg (393x354, 32K)

>And as a result it's one of the duller and least replayable games in the series.
DMC 1,2,4 exist

But user, Kojima's revolutionary masterstroke Death Stranding hasn't been released yet

>actual discussion is worse than spamming gayshit

Attached: trashu.jpg (463x517, 175K)

Not him but as someone who’s relatively new to the franchise, I enjoyed my time with DMC1 but goddamn did some sections piss me off. The Nightmare fights and Mundus boss fights were probably some of the worst offenders to this. Who the fuck thought that making the first part of the final boss a shmup was a good idea?

he's just mad that kamiya blocked him for asking something retarded like "which twin has the bigger dick?"

Attached: JF0S2Gg.jpg (626x507, 71K)

Well let's go over some of the character designs. Dante looks like a hobo in the fifth game. He looks like every single "broken male" in a lot of video games. Examples include Sebastian from the evil within , Joel from the last of us, and Hank from Detroit become human. Unkempt beard and messy hair and usually they have lost something important to them.

Trish, oh man, trish's design makes me want to shit out my brain. She looks like some skinny crack whore.

i never shat on him for inventing it, i shat on him because his vision for dmc was just re with a sword. i shutter to think of how basic the combat would be in kamiya's dmc5 because kamiya would want to focus on plane minigames and stupid item searching. itsuno knew what to focus on.

1 and 4 are superior to 5 unless you just want to show mom how stylish you are by learning an exhaustive checklist of superfluous moves to do on weak enemies which forget to attack you

Attached: BoysSoloTights_1024x1024.jpg (711x1024, 48K)

The combat of DMC5 is literally the same shit, no innovation at all, and the story is shit as usual, i'd rather play Sekiro or Astral Chain that tries something new

Either Sekiro, Fire Emblem or Doom Eternal

Attached: Ingrid_Portrait.png (1200x1200, 774K)

Faggots left? I hope that's true, I find faggots on here on a day to day bases but females? Yeah, we all know there are no females on Yea Forums.

>implying 4 wasn’t like that but even worse

No and anyone who says other wise has an iq with the digit being the size of my dick

platinum will never make another game as good as W101 and W101 still isnt as good as DMC5

>actual discussion
ironically fujo infested dmc threads 10 months ago had more actual discussion than any recent thread

Attached: 1553978586334.jpg (1000x1128, 206K)

is he redpilled or just being an asshole?

>after DMC5 it just felt like something was still missing
The game ends on a DLC bait and gives you no playable vergil

1, 3 and 4 are fast-paced and challenging

5 is not

because the gayfags have been replaced with falseflaggers trying to play contrarian about dmc5.

Imagine having such shit taste and wanting DEMAKE 2 to win goty

Attached: 1565833800448.png (391x327, 246K)

4 is complete irredeemable garbage
1 is fun just for the atmosphere but it plays and feels like total shit

Fire emblem is ass. Most of the games are ass. Turn based strategy is a plague on video games. The best games even if does contain faggots is fire emblem warriors. Rest is trash. That style of game play should have died out in the 2010's. Stop baiting.

>DMC4
>fast-paced

Attached: IMG_9021.jpg (1280x720, 147K)

4 definitely provides a better conclusion and ending than 5.

Why is this the only place on the internet where people dont like DMC5?

>after DMC5 it just felt like something was still missing

Yeah the difficulty

And it's still missing after you beat Son of Sparda as well

Attached: 1536279939130.jpg (350x355, 51K)

>Baba is You
>DOOM Eternal
>Outer Wilds

That's about all I can think of for games that could potentially give DMC5 a run for its money on pure quality alone

Attached: 1519768809524.png (1131x811, 388K)

>omg i wanna suck neros dick
>neros bulge
>v blogposting
>all that fucking v spam from retarded vfagets
>posting pictures of the models
>omg vergil so cute hes mai husbando

im happy the enemies arent immovable objects now but they shouldve been more agressive and do more damage. maybe up the enemy count

>doesnt apperciate turn based strategy games
thats like your shit opinion, man

Because this place is full of contrarians.

Yea Forums is contrarian by nature. V just wants to be special

>Fire Emblem
3H is the shitiest game in the series and the gameplay and maps are shit

there's a reason why everybody (even you) rather talk about the disgusting worst in the series butt ugly waifus than the actual game itself

>"but muh story"
is complete shit, but compared to the rest of the game it actually looks appealing when in reality it's garbage

Attached: 1544166071325.jpg (359x301, 14K)

absolutely fucking based

Because everywhere else you're not allowed to have an opinion that disagrees with the popular one or else you'd get downboated.

Why are you people such pussies about your fav game having certain flaws?

This might be the only place where people are very vocal about it, lack of like/dislike system does wonders, but it's not the only place I've seen where some people were kind of let down with DMC5.

>the window boss fight
>Gyro Blades
>Mist labyrinth
>Vanishing Floor
>Dice game
>Half the game is backtracking
Why do people think 4 is good again?

>He actually thinks people don't state specific expected opinions here to fit in

Yeah I like it when I let the enemy beat up on me and I gotta take turns letting something beat me up, yep definitely fun. Get the fuck outta here.

>omg i wanna suck neros dick
>neros bulge
i miss those the most, thanks for the nostalgia trip user uwu

Attached: 1554596391604.png (900x820, 127K)

But, I like both of them

>not having played both
get a job fag

TW101 > DMC1 > Bayonetta > MGR > Bayo 2 > DMC4 > Ninja Gaiden > DMC3 > Astral Chain > Transformers Devastation > DMC5 > Lords of Shadow > DmC

Attached: 4c845fab910ba.jpg (240x320, 20K)

DMC5's story needed more meat. It's very bare-bones.

This is legitimately terrible taste, holy shit.

I don't, but it's easier to express an unpopular opinion here than anywhere else. Yeah sure you may get 10 replies all wishing you death, but you're still anonymous, no strings attached. In fact the post with most replies has a greater chance of being read as opposed to being buried with a mass of dislikes or what have you.

Dumb faget

Attached: 1568350533522.jpg (960x960, 218K)

Agreed, DMC4 should be higher than Bayo 2

>needed more meat
uh user.....

Attached: 1552519106493.jpg (1024x707, 61K)

That's the worst tier list I've ever read

Such a boring game and the ironic epic one liners got super cringe especially how they tried to have characters constantly converse but they could only say one liners

>MGR and Bayonetta over Ninja Gaiden
>Bayo 2 that high
>DMC1 that high
>Fucking DMC4 over Ninja Gaiden
Go fuck yourself.

Regardless of our opinion about it, it's clear that it is a major contender, user. DMC5 is also terrible in quality yet it's also a strong contender. Stronger remains Sekiro though. I'm just saying, FE has a chance in some places.

Attached: bernie.png (1200x1200, 728K)

i just went back to bayonetta

i never finished NSIC mode and thought it would be a better use of my time

Literally all they needed to do was add certain things from the novel and manga to flesh out the plot. And remove the jumping timelines.

It's not okay to be gay
For that, Vergil shall slay

Attached: delet.jpg (666x712, 92K)

>that much of a brainlet he cant into 3d chess
bruh you gotta plan so you beat them before they even get a turn

I liked everything about DMC5 except the Gilgamesh boss. What the FUCK were they thinking, the most boring boss fight since fucking Argosax.

>MGR over Ninja Gaiden
In what fucking universe?

it's impossible to go back to DMC after getting into bayonetta its so much fucking better

>QTEs
>better

>weird cliffhangers
What the fuck was up with that? We even got that trophy about accepting a new job from Morrison, everyome thought that led to some extra missions when we found out about it. Don't you automatically get that trish and lady cutscene anyways?

For me it was the absolutely fucked difficulty curve

DMCV was so easy on DH that it bored me. When I reached SoS, I played a bit and was so bored with Nero because he felt so overpowered.

>Vergil
>slay
we get it you're gay

Attached: 1550108654657.jpg (710x475, 177K)

Vergil is the gayest of them all.

'Switch DMC4 and DMC3 and i mostlty agree

>he lost his silver ranking because he missed a QTE

Attached: 1547512929412.gif (303x292, 597K)

>Bayonetta
>qte
>shitty platforming
>bike rocket section
>flame enemies
How about no

>actually defending QTEs
>at all
Jesus Christ, this board really has gone to shit.

>Ahem FUCK UNCLE DANTE
Jesus pure Kamiyafag aka mathosis parrot

OOOOO WHAT A DAY

Nay, homos should be kept at bay.
And for what you say, Vergil shall ruin your day.

Attached: darkslayer 3.png (456x566, 239K)

>he actually defends QTEs
What the fuck is wrong with you?

>le bloody palace with cutsecenes exdeee meme

Attached: 1568152052354.jpg (961x1024, 111K)

>shitty platforming
it's all minimal fast and easy as shit, none of it ever gets in the way
>qte
literal braindead "pres up", none of it gets in the way unless you're borderline stupid
>bike rocket section
literal kino, especially the second time around when you bike on the rocket
>flame enemies
LMAO, let me guess "why can't i witch time glorious and gracious?"
ask me how i know you've never played on anything but easy

WHAT A THRILL

Literally this

There were points where I had to force myself onward, it felt so effortless and dull

It's like DMC2 but 'good' if that makes sense

Attached: virginsnow2.jpg (288x256, 14K)

Sekiro is a better game in every way.

>denouncing homos as he roleplays as the biggest homo in the series

Attached: 1565679375965.jpg (212x238, 10K)

Okay, now you’re just shitposting.

>glorious and gracious
Oh, you are that faggot with a boner for G&G.

Go back to sucking off moondust.

>sekiro
>better
>literal parry fest with shitty offensive moves
Fromdrone, everyone.

If you're so ashamed of DMC2 shill why are you releasing it on Switch soon

Attached: DMC2_-_King_of_Hell_Bonus_Picture_08.png (591x444, 235K)

>homos should be kept at bay
Hey Vergil is that how mundus got you to put your ankles behind your ears?

Attached: 1557778937357.jpg (950x1041, 172K)

Okay, now you're just coping

>this entire thread
What the fuck is wrong with this board?

>flame enemies
"why can't i button mash my way through these enemies?"

>bitching about difficulty in dmc post initial dmc 3 launch
Based retard

Contrarianism.

This so much how fucking dare people criticize this game haven't they seen the epic memes?

>actually defending DmC tier colored enemies
Are kamiyafags that retarded?

be more specific, what part exactly? it's all a shit show

Almost fpbp except that Sekiro is shit too

this isnt criticism, its literally "why isnt this just dmc3 again?"

games that are too easy bore me. it just so happens DMCV is one of them. It's just like when I was sleeping my way through super mario galaxy.

youtube.com/watch?v=vTbeT9UXlZw

Attached: reuben rap.jpg (1200x900, 76K)

Almost everything about it, Jesus.
>all of this contrarianism
>actually thinking that DMC4 is a better overall game
>nothing but autistic shitflinging

>nintendodebil
YIKES

I don't care about your tier list, but I would like to know where you got those Orbs.

Attached: 1473754236377.jpg (331x371, 54K)

>>>actually thinking that DMC4 is a better overall game
DMC4SE has turbo, alt costumes, five playable characters (including vergil), a decent difficulty curve, a complete story that doesn't feel like ass and pull its plot twists from Kingdom Hearts 2, and it didn't make trish and lady look ugly and be useless

Naw you definitely just can't handle criticism. It's ok sweetie you're allowed to like shitty games its called a guilty pleasure look it up

>sweetie
ok you just outed yourself. quit shitting up this board. you can go back anytime

>comparing 4se with vanilla

>Switching topics entirely
I humbly accept your concession

>a complete story that doesn't feel like ass
it's literally rushed and unfinished you fucking dingleberry

>compares SE to Vanilla
>decent difficulty curve, a complete story that doesn't feel like ass and pull its plot twists from Kingdom Hearts 2, and it didn't make trish and lady look ugly and be useless
Based retard.

Attached: 1555309589246.png (324x331, 180K)

what website did you come from?

I didn't want to take a victory lap but alas.... here i am

>five playable characters (including vergil)
And no actual levels that take advantage of this aspect. It’s just backtracking but HEY, YOU GET EVEN MORE NEW CHARACTERS THAT JUST ADD UNNECESSARY BLOAT AND MAKE THE GAME FEEL EVEN MORE CRAMPED THAN IT ALREADY IS
>a complete story that doesn't feel like ass
Lmao
>decent difficulty curve
Yeah, no.

>DMC4
>complete story
WHO THE FUCK ACTUALLY THINKS THIS?

dmc games have such stupid ass stories in general and not in a good way like mgr

>DMC3’s story
>not kino
Just the kind of retarded opinion I’d expect from a DMC4 autist.

Attached: 1568613413425.webm (688x378, 667K)

AND IT'S STILL BETTER THAN DMCV BY FAR.

>Short
It's a game that gets to the point instead of being weighed down by irrelevant fluff and is meant to be replayed on higher difficulties as your skill playing it and will to experiment with the fuckton of options you've grown more and more adept with at your disposal increases. So, yes, a game designed around being able to progress through it quickly harking back to the days of classic arcade games is going to be short.
>edgy emo
You're thinking of the reboot. DMC is many things but edgy and emo isn't one of them chief. It's one of the campiest and cheesiest franchises around that's just plain, wholesome fun that just happens to have a dark, gothic aesthetic.
>button masher
The only way you could possibly even get that impression is if you played on human and devil-hunter mode because button mashing is surefire way to get you fucked up really quick in this game. That, or you just didn't actually play the game and just wanted to shit on it to fit in.

Attached: 1553283864201.jpg (1024x576, 80K)

No it fucking isn’t.

dmcv had no entertaining villains whatsoever and no growth arc for either dante or nero

>no growth arc for either Dante or Nero
Did you even play the fucking game?

*More badass Demonslayer blocks your path*

Attached: doom_eternal_bg_date_m_e_alt-1.jpg (960x960, 289K)

Poetry was very common in emo circles user, poetry is generally emotional.

>dmcv
>growth arc
>entertaining villains a dick
Mundus, Arius, Sanctus were entertating as fuck

Keep your smash shit in your smash threads

in DMC4, nero learns to accept his demon power, get over his inferiority complex, and saves the girl.

in DMC5, he angsts about deadweight and his missing arm until mission 20.

This. I can't be assed to play Seikiro. I like the level design and some boss fights but overall it's a boring, frustrating slog just to get one place to the other and is full of annoying bullshit that's a genuine pain in the ass to get through. DMC on the other hand, while not perfect, cuts out all the bullshit and just lets me enjoy the damn game exactly how I want and what little annoyances there are can easily be ignored by my enjoyment it's strong points(with exceptions to Furies, fuck those fucks).

>more badass
>literal press x to get ammo on higher difficulties
>shitty arenas instead of welk crafted mazes
Get the fuck outa here

yes. there were no stand villians in DMCV. Just URRRIZEEEN WHOOOO TAAAALKS LIKE THISSSSS

jesus what was so bad about it

*stand out villians*

Also honorable mentions to Credo, Agnus, the entertaining bosses of DMC3 like Cerberus, Nevan, Agni/Rudra, Jester

The plot and characters in DMCV were shit, but the gameplay is so good that it's still my GOTY.

It's the worst DMC game ever made

>IP didn’t even go up

no, that is iceborne

Attached: 9ikclc9q21y11.png (1063x834, 584K)

both

>story and characters shit
brainlet

You mean learns even more about his heritage, doesn’t have his character tied to a complete non-character like Kyrie, and steps the fuck up?

>4fag is so mentally broken he can only repeat the same word over and over again
Topkek

you have to be a brainlet to think they were good

At least he isn’t a 4fag.

>IIIiiiiiiIIIIiii shaaaaalll enlighten yooouuu. DANTE!

Attached: I THINK I'M GONNA C-.jpg (1024x576, 83K)

Dan talking like that was kino

>coomer eheeehehe

There is literally nothing good about DMC5

What exactly was wrong with it?

it's okay

I'll just be here. Playing as vergil in LDK mode on turbo. maybe i'll switch it up and play as one of the 4 other characters 4SE has to offer. Maybe choose an alternate costume for them if I get a little bored. Maybe play around with inertia a little bit to improve my combos

You can go sit with the other sad little fujoshits sketching out pictures of V and Nero having gay sex because that's the only fun you'll ever derive from the sheer mediocrity that is DMCV

Sekiro was the only good game I played this year.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1568620054660.webm

Sad there's no DLC, it wasn't short but it wasn't nearly long enough.

This.

Attached: 1553846338236.webm (1000x562, 2.86M)

>Credo
>villian
>Agnus
You only list Agnus because you fight him 4 times, retardio

Attached: I_M_GONNA_COOM_-_YouTube_-_2019-09-13_21.05.57.png (234x101, 10K)

When you think about it, Nero could have learned about his heritage ages ago if he wasn't dense as a rock. Although to be fair, his father wasn't any wiser, but at least he had poetry and good manners to cover it up.

>inertia
>gay sex
4babies in nutshell

seethe fujoshi seethe

DMC5 is so embarrassing, especially since Astral Chain exists and is not only far deeper than it, but actually fun. I've never played a DMC before 5 and I never will now.

>maybe i'll switch it up and play as one of the 4 other characters 4SE has to offer.
Yeah, with the same backtracking levels and piss-poor enemy designs that only really work for Nero and his Buster.

>Playing as vergil in LDK mode on turbo. maybe i'll switch it up and play as one of the 4 other characters 4SE has
>punching same scarecrows for 18 mission with 5 characters in the same levels that you previously finished
YIKES

>Sekiro was the only good game I played this year.
My condolences for your shit year

>Astral chain
>30fps
>no jump
Why the fuck do you even post?

This desu. While I've never played a DMC before I watched Best Guy Ever on youtube live stream it and after seeing how it, unlike 2FM, doesn't have a good flow to its combat and looks jilted and sickly, it's pretry clear to me it's the worst action game of all time.

V has overall better enemies than 4 I'll give you that. It's too bad the difficulty curve being shit makes it all meaningless though

Samefag

>difficulty curve
Try changing words a little

>Implying he's actually going to play the missions
He's a 4fag, he'll turn on a trainer and waste hours wailing on a scarecrow in the bloody palace

>in DMC4, nero learns to accept his demon power
No, he just accepts that it's a power he needs to use to protect his loved ones, he hasn't fully accepted it as part of himself entirely yet which is why he feels somewhat ashamed by it even after the story.
>get over his inferiority complex,
This is what happens in DMC5, he has no arc revolving around his inferiority in 4. He just loses Kyrie, gets pissed, Credo gets killed, he cries, and then he gets saved and then goes to save the day. Any feelings of inferiority he has are brushed aside for 'muh Kyrie' and it didn't make him feel like a full character.
>and saves the girl.
This is the only thing you got right.
>in DMC5, he angsts about deadweight and his missing arm until mission 20.
He gets his arm ripped off and is left to die in front of his family in his own home knowing that the only reason they're still alive is because Vergil just left and could've easily killed Kyrie and Nico and the orphan kids living with them if he wanted to and Nero wouldn't have been able to do anything about it. He also lost Yamato and feels he broke Dante's trust in him and Dante, who it is implied in the novel that Nero thought was his father, calling him deadweight makes digs his scars even deeper and he felt he was just thrown away again. Also feels the entire shitstorm that hits redgrave is his fault for being too weak because if he hadn't lost Yamato so many people wouldn't have died. His angsting about deadweight isn't just about the word itself or his arm, it's about everything tied to those things. It's only made worse when it's revealed that he's been blaming himself for Credo's death for all these years and these events made that all the worse for him.

Attached: 2.jpg (1260x1791, 224K)

This better be fucking bait.

If Sparda could have seen this thread while contemplating rebellion, he would just say screw it and drink tea while Mundus has his way with humans.

Attached: D-yZaF5U8AAgPSJ.jpg (516x276, 22K)

If a combofag needs to use a gold orb to fight urizen on sos then it's probably not that easy either.

>scarecrow
>punching poor lad for 11 years
Oof

it's this, but it's not getting nominated anywhere

He had his suspicions but didn't want to press the issue or intrude Dante's life if he didn't have to. Whether it was because he felt things were fine the way they were or he was afraid of the truth or possibly being rejected isn't said, but he wasn't as dense as he seemed to be. He just willingly turned a blind eye until the events of 5 drug everything out in the open.

I still want that Sparda prequel game.

>he doesn't watch his favourite youtubers lets play/stream before buying a game
If a game isn't fun, why bother? He didn't like it and so neither do I

>letting YouTubers decide your point of view for a game you haven’t even fucking played
What the fuck is wrong with this site?

What else came out? I've mainly been emulating.

Look man you should watch BGE's youtube videos, he is far more intelligent in regards to games then anyone on this site

The guy has a notoriously shit and uninformed dmc video

this

>check this guy out
>says he’s too good for the game
>shows himself getting a Dismal ranking
>favorite fighting game is Smash
Jesus

We wouldn't be worthy. But, if by some miracle we get it, I want him to use Geryon as a weapon with some time-stop and sick azure flame shit.

Attached: B9cafjICUAMWtlD.jpg (800x545, 81K)

You don't need any practice to think of a different action you could do in the middle of combat, unless you're a brainlet. That's enough to make it satisfying. You don't need to go all out like other gaymer bois who play this for hundreds of hours and can perform Beethoven Symphony No. 5 equivalent on keyboard to defeat one enemy.

BGE is a certified old fag making him /our guy/ he also recognizes KH2FM as the kino action game it is.

Top tier bait

>KH2FM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Astral Chain
Sekiro
FE:3H
Daemon X Machina
RE2 Remake
Death Stranding probably
Fuck literally anything else besides this dumpster fire of a game

Doesnt change the fact he made a video criticising dmc whilst knowing nothing about it

>KH2FM

Attached: laughing Hanekoma.png (253x463, 23K)

>Death Stranding
>not a potential dumpster fire in the making
I want Kojimadrones to leave.

>he's still trying

>Astral Chain
lol, no
>Sekiro
Possibly. It's a great game on the first two or three playthroughs but quickly wears out it's novelty after that.
>FE:3H
>Daemon X Machina
Haven't touched these much so I can't really judge them in good faith.
>RE2 Remake
Definitely one of the strongest contenders and it's has an extremely strong nostalgia fact gives it an edge over the rest of the competition.
>Death Stranding probably
Looks pretty okay and interesting enough, how it stands as a game is yet to be seen but it'll definitely at least get a nomination thanks to Kojima-shilling, let's be honest.
>dumpster fire of a game
Objectively wrong. It's not a masterpiece that DMC fans make it out to be but it's far from a horrible game and far and away better than most games that've been released. It's a solid 7.5/10.

LoU2 is not coming out this year?

> mfw all these people are fighting over their shitty action games when we all know Fire Emblem will sneak up and take the GOTY win

Attached: 19839610-ABEB-41CE-92EF-1751F8FDBC8A.png (843x769, 459K)

Not in a million years, FEfag.

>Actually believing this

Attached: 1553568733871.jpg (894x894, 368K)

the fuck are you talking about? DMC 5 is casualized as fuck, even combofags are complaining about the low skill ceiling. hell they even modded the game to the point that it plays like DMC 4 (turbo, interta, reversal). play the game before you talk nonsense you dingus

Haven't had this much fun on a pure mechanical basis for a long time, a game without padding and it's still my most played single player ever. Haven't played Sekiro yet, it looks good but DMC5 will take some beating. RE2 and CTR are great, KH3 is trash. Death Stranding is guaranteed GOTY tho since it's journo catnip, cinematic open world KOJIMA game.

>no, you shouldn't improve on what you're weak at, just throw it out the window and have less fun memorable moments
>yeah, that blood elevator in 5 was so fun. You just stand there and do nothing, way better than jumping your way up.

>DMC platforming
>fun

>make any DMC thread
>500 replies of constant contrarianism and shitposting

The story did nothing to advance Dante, Vergil, Trish or Lady's characters in any way.
Dante and Vergil just come across as old degenerates who can't let go of their childish behaviour.
Trish and Lady were powerful characters in previous games, here they're just damsels in distress to be saved for a fan service bare ass shot.

Are you a brainlet? Do you consider MGS games also to be cinematic?
Death stranding will be a good game probably.

Wall running was something that needed to stay and it was fun using it to platform when you get it right. And they could always make it fun instead of just gimping it to snatch and jumping. I don't see what you're bitching at too. You should want more unique levels that have different fun gimmicks, not the same tired old gimmick you had a decade ago but now easier.

>You should want more unique levels that have different fun gimmicks
The problem is that DMC levels don’t tend to have actual fun gimmicks.

Metal Gear Solid literally pioneered cinematic storytelling in video games?

Attached: C4A64CD8-11A5-4986-8E5B-FC5D88018C84.jpg (600x647, 24K)

>b-but a decade ago these games don't have fun gimmicks
Dude, are you dense? There waa always some nice gimmicks. The chase sequences (Phantom, Gigapede, Echidna) were fun. The unlimited DT mission in 3 was fun. Boss rush missions are fun (when the bosses are fun). Backtracking to a familiar place but not in a different view was fun. And Platforming could always improve and be more fun.

Attached: Dante's Wings.jpg (991x989, 200K)

>Dante
Finished his rivalry with Vergil and made them in peace. Also gave him his SDT and sword.
>Vergil
V happened. And it also made him accept his inferiority as V, and not to be the power obsessed autist he was.
>Trish
Was there because she's Dante's sidekick. Also was useful at times.
>Lady
Showed how she still has PTSD over killing her dad. And that maybe trying to fight your family over the righteous reasons wasn't always the right call like the message for 3 implied.

>The chase sequences (Phantom, Gigapede, Echidna) were fun
No they fucking weren’t. Gigapede is probably one of the worst examples of this.
>Boss rush missions are fun (when the bosses are fun)
I agree but that doesn’t exactly have anything to do with the platforming, does it? Plus, DMC5 already has stuff like that.
>And Platforming could always improve and be more fun
Yeah, but considering how we’ve had five games when that aspect was shit, I don’t mind missing out on it.

Stop samefagging, Astral Chain is a great game but gameplay wise it's far from being Platinum's best game and let alone be better than DMC 5.

>Do you consider MGS games also to be cinematic?

Eh... yeah

Attached: 1551862832463.jpg (615x456, 10K)

>No they fucking weren’t
Shit taste. You literally could kill them or escape them and is a fun change of pace.
>I agree but that doesn’t exactly have anything to do with the platforming, does it?
It has to do with gimmicks being good in DMC and 5 screwed as over in that department by only having 3 bosses and playing as V
>Yeah, but considering how we’ve had five games when that aspect was shit
1 had it's reason, 2 shouldn't count, 3 wasn't shit just not that great, 4's platforming was only bad in the spike ceiling snatch section, and 5's platforming wasn't bad and needed more of it. We can also count DmC if you want which had decent platforming.

>says I have shit taste while defending shit like Gigapede
Look who’s talking.
>1 had it's reason, 2 shouldn't count, 3 wasn't shit just not that great, 4's platforming was only bad in the spike ceiling snatch section, and 5's platforming wasn't bad and needed more of it. We can also count DmC if you want which had decent platforming.
So, that makes 3 out of 6 games where the platforming wasn’t total crap. Real good track record.

>defending shit like Gigapede
I'm not defending the bossfight, moron. I mean the segment where he chases you inside the leviathan, just like how Phantom did in 1.
>So, that makes 3 out of 6 games where the platforming wasn’t total crap. Real good track record.
It very much is considering the series bumby development. And it still very much could be good, I'm not asking for a platforming level either, just enough amount to replace the boring filler parts in 5.

>but watching was boring and uninteresting
It's still very much fun to watch boss fights though
youtube.com/watch?v=GL9dG-WM-bM

>The story did nothing to advance Dante, Vergil, Trish or Lady's characters in any way.
Incorrect. Trish and Lady already had their arcs and don't really need any further advancement. This story is about Dante, Nero, and Vergil. Forcing those two into it and giving them their own arcs would have just made the game bloated. Would I have loved for them to? Yes, absolutely. But DMC5's story isn't about them.
>Dante and Vergil just come across as old degenerates who can't let go of their childish behaviour.
That's actually kind of the point. At the end of the day, they're two traumatized kids who both 'grew up' in a sense over the years but never truly grew up and became stuck in their unhealthy and self-destrucive ways. Dante, while a compassionate man with a strong sense of justice, is still depressed, unmotivated and refuses to really be proactive in his own life unless it involves demons, still often dreams about his mother's death, and is running himself into the ground with all the responsibilities he places onto himself. In 5, he's taking the events extremely seriously and for good reason. As far as he knows, his brother consciously ripped off his own sons arm and basically caused the apocalypse and is understandably pissed and has tunnel vision on stopping Vergil once and for all. He still has his demonic instincts of enjoying battle but the final time he interacted with Vergil note he always gave him an out, trying to talk reason into him, and demanding he give Yamato because he wants to stop the tree first and foremost. When Vergil, as expected, refuses because he'd rather settle his score with his brother instead, Dante steps up to fight him but as it goes on it just becomes another fight for them until Nero knocks sense into them. Vergil is another can of worms and I'm too tired to get into everything but go back and replay it and actually pay attention to Dante and Vergil(V and Urizen) as the game goes along.

Attached: 630e98ba436c961221b464b21f148aa1.png (1116x967, 1.03M)

That's my point though, they never grow up or develop. If anything they've regressed to a more childish state. You would expect that as they matured their priorities would change and move beyond a fraternal childhood grudge.
They never learn or seek to change themselves for the better or achieve anything beyond beating the other one in a fight.

Doom Eternal is released too late for TGA

literally anything else that came out.

>they never grow up or develop
>Dante in 3 to 1 to the anime to 4 to 2 to 5
>does not have any sort of development
Come on. Both Dante and Vergil went through being orphans at a young age, and seeing their mother die by demons. That left a hole in them both that they filled in different ways and reasons. Vergil saw how weak defenseless he was when seeing his mother die, that made him hate himself and swear to never feel like that ever again. Dante was saved by his mother and took it on himself to live the way she wanted him to live. Their interactions together shows how even though they went with the same trauma, they handled it differently. And them handling it differently drives them to fight each other over it. Dante needing to protect what his mother and father found important (the heart and humanity), while Vergil wanted to protect what he found important which ment gaining enough power to not need to worry about it.

>That's my point though, they never grow up or develop. If anything they've regressed to a more childish state. You would expect that as they matured their priorities would change and move beyond a fraternal childhood grudge.
And that's what the story was addressing. For all their development, they still have that lingering flaw in them. Dante fully embraces not only his father's legacy but his own and becoming a full-on demon for the power he needs. But unlike his brother does so without forsaking his humanity. Which is why he faces his family's picture as he fully joins both his human and demon sides, where as Vergil faces away from the portrait while separating his own two sides. Then, there's Vergil's accepting his inferiority and understanding the merit of humanity and openly regretting the decisions he's made for the sake of power and power alone. Willing to atone for his mistakes and right his wrongs. Accepting the roots of his inferiority came from feelings of abandonment and compensating for his losses and openly expressing them both as Urizen(during the last fight with Dante though he tries to lie and deny it at first until he starts losing his composure) and V. A far cry from the power-obsessed manchild he was in three. And when he becomes whole, he's become a very different man while still retaining traits that made Vergil, well, Vergil. Yet, again, for all this, they can't let go of their petty rivalry and inability to settle things with one another without trying to kill each other because they never learned to which is where Nero, who is the embodiment of the middle ground between the two of them, comes in and seeing how far he's willing to go to protect them from themselves and also protect the world, they both realize how fruitless their conflict is and let it go to go focus on what they need to do and cut down the Qliphoth together, metaphorically cutting down their long built up grudges with one another.

Attached: 74087288_p15_master1200.jpg (888x654, 472K)

I like how this thread went from shitters trying to shit on DMC5 to yet another DMC discussion thread.

>Start of DMC3
>Dante sitting alone in his shop reading nudie mags and eating pizza

>Start of DMC5V
>Dante sitting alone in his shop reading nudie mags and eating pizza.
>can't even pay the bills

What sort of development is that? 3 and 5 basically have the same story because Dante and Vergil have the same motivations as old men in 5 as they did when they were basically children in 3.

Adults should get over or at least learn to deal with and move on from things that happened in their childhood. That would be character development. I mean Vergil literally rips off his son's arm over a misunderstanding with his brother when they were little children. That's a retarded thing to do.

>Which is why he faces his family's picture as he fully joins both his human and demon sides, where as Vergil faces away from the portrait while separating his own two sides.
I loved that little detail. It really helped further contrast the two of them.

The last time they interacted, Dante had to cut Vergil down again while he was Nelo Angelo. I think it’s safe to say that their issues hadn’t been resolved at that point yet, especially since even before that Vergil willingly dived into Hell after rejecting Dante and his humanity.

Having their arc over doesn't mean one can reduce characters to a pair of tits and one relevant line in the entire several hours long game, although even that is more than Kyrie got. Lady even has a line that people often point out as promising something, but leading to nothing. But then again, I'm just happy they weren't the ones to find unconscious Dante, with the way they were handled before they would have probably went through his pockets before finally waking him up.

>segment
>literal run and 1 jump
Wow

>Dante starts his story sitting in the shop for 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 waiting for a call for a mission
What's wrong with that? You are aware that the DMC shop exists for a reason, right? And him not able to pay bills is just another story on how he helps people for free for most of the time.
>What sort of development is that?
the kind that doesnt have to do with how he does his job.
>3 and 5 basically have the same story because Dante and Vergil have the same motivations
Wrong, 3 has Dante start fighting Vergil for the wrong reasons, he just wants to kill demons and have fun. He started the shop just for an easy income of killing demons which he later learns isn't the only reason for fighting. He found how important family and humanity is. While in 5 he is serious in saving humanity and stopping the mess Vergil started again.
>Adults should get over or at least learn to deal with and move on from things that happened in their childhood.
Adults don't have super human powers, and those who seen their parents get eaten by monsters wont grow up normally as others. Dante and Vergil's life have been shaped to how it is because of who they are. They don't get to choose to live like a normal human when the demon emperor is sending soldiers to kill them even at a young age.
>I mean Vergil literally rips off his son's arm over a misunderstanding with his brother when they were little children
Vergil shouldn't give a damn over someone he does not know at the time, and also posses the Yamato the Sword his father gave him.

>only has good games due to build varieties
no??? the fuck are you talking about
>regular enemies are easier to deal with than fucking Gomba's after a couple of hours in
so everygame with any form of character progression
>lag input issues on PS4 version on a game that is all about perfect timing
lmao Sonybro

>literal run and 1 jump
You can also kill it, and I don't know what you mean by 1 jump. My point is that more gimmicks that are fun is a good thing. The combat adjudicator from 3 and 4 is more fun than the red Empusas and serves as another way to gain blue orbs rather than just finding secret rooms and killing enemies. More Breaker sections like the paunchline one could've been great, a segment that has you avoid environmental hazards more and use them to your advantage is fun. I don't hate 5, it's one of my favorite games in the franchise, but I certainly wouldn't want them to repeat the same mistakes they did here.

>Another braindead button masher
Hahahaha, no.

Attached: EEOcE1DUcAA534z.jpg (1449x2048, 500K)

>trying this hard
Hahahaha, no.

>fun
>run and jump or kill it for 1k orb
WOW

Yes, that is a fun thing. Do you have more to say?

Hahahaha, no.

Clover was on par with capcom's best. Platinum has never made something that competes with them for my money. Bayo is good but just not as good. Godhand was godlike though.

The guy who most vocally complained about inertia struggled against SoS Urizen on a livestream weeks after release. Noone really cares about it.

no