Talk about this masterpiece

Attached: snes_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_4-133677.jpg (1600x1130, 482K)

Ok. It's a completely mediocre game that's elevated because it's based on a loved tv show and has nice presentation. It's insanely easy, lacking in intensity, the characters all play the same and the enemies are basic. But hey at least it's a step up from the arcade version which is one of the worst arcade beat em ups.

People can't into down+throw
I was one of them for the longest time

Yeah gonna have to agree, although I still love it. Also the turtle boss when you go back in time is pretty tough on single player.

its heckin good.

and the ninja turtles fighting game

hoverboard level is best level

Second only to Streets of Rage II.

i prefer the first arcade game for its overall presentation
it has the same issues that would mar the experience for an uptight stick in the mud user like the first reply but nobody likes him, not even himself
but despite it's simplicity and repetitiveness, the first arcade game really uses a combination of things to drive the experience into a good foot bashing time all the way through

Attached: 67CAB196-8923-4907-8852-D88C646D165B.jpg (900x600, 159K)

Hyperstone Heist is better.

I can still hear the boss music like it was yesterday.

The arcade game has so many issues though, it's actively hostile to anyone trying to learn it. Timer bombs alone are a crime, it's just a complete lack of respect for the player. They spend time trying to learn how to play and what do they get? A bomb that outright kills them and has no telegraphing that can only be avoided with a perfectly timed exploit.

Bury my shell at wounded knee

awwwww shellshock'd

Only idiots didn’t choose Leonardo

BIG APPLE 3.AM

Absolutely amazing and fun game

>that kid who always picked Raphael

Care to explain yourself?

Attached: 1510269916312.jpg (900x827, 99K)

>it's just a complete lack of respect for the player.
first off, arcades aren't meant for people trying to learn, they want you to spend quarter after quarter trying to beat it, and if it takes more quarters than 1cc, so be it, if you're talking about respect you're in the wrong fucking environment and should stay the fuck out of arcades, i mean are you shitting me? did you cry like a pussy or something
they're called quartermunchers for a reason, not potty trainers or diapers
the controls are generally simpler than a fighting game for a reason and for the most part can be figured out while playing the game and if you're too stupid to figure those out i fear for someone like you being in a fighting game environment, you should thank your lucky stars that arcades are a dying force in the usa
goddamn dude you just flipped my switch with this bullshit
just get out, i don't even wanna talk to you anymore, i'm just gonna ignore you if i smell this bullshit lingering from a following post

from which game? raph had the shortest range, sure, but...i dunno honestly, he was a glass cannon with the shittiest range on his special, but i guess that makes it fun
in the first arcade, his double button special was different from the other turtles but you wouldn't know that if you only played the nes version

Great music.

Techodrome music is my jam.

You're a dumb faggot, 1cc's have to be (and were) balanced so that the player doesn't feel like they're cheated, all the basic rules of game design that are used today were still followed with minor exceptions here and there. Take a look at ANY Capcom beat em up and you won't find this shit, even Konami themselves completely abandoned this in their later games. Don't reply if you don't know what you're talking about retarded cunt

He's the best choice for speed running.

Technodrome, lets kick shell!

Sums it up near perfect. Nevermind that it's only around 15 minutes to beat.

Last fight against Super Shredder is kino

Ok let's not lie, the average run takes around 50 minutes or more and even speedruns are over 20 minutes. Besides 15 minutes for an arcade game isn't bad

the average run on turtles in time on snes is 30 minutes even on the hardest mode, 50 minutes is wild, and both me and my brother individually averaged 25 minutes per playthrough on hardest mode
the arcade is about the same
most people don't know about the minute differences in the actual gameplay portion between the arcade and snes versions, which i already delineated about in another thread, and it's not just different bosses here and there, different orders of stages, or how some stages are treated like a bonus stage in the snes version and not really the arcade version
if you played both or saw my comments before you'd know those differences
that said, i still prefer the first arcade version the most
tmnt tournament fighters is also ballin for snes only, genesis and nes versions sucked donkey balls
but i would have liked to have sexy april on the roster

First off that's completely untrue, 25 minutes would be speedrun tier especially if it's single player.
>most people don't know about the minute differences in the actual gameplay portion between the arcade and snes versions
"Minute differences"??? The games are different in virtually every way, they just use the same assets that's it.

>"Minute differences"??? The games are different in virtually every way, they just use the same assets that's it.
do you know what minute differences i'm even referring to or are you just pointing out things like slash replacing blobby in the snes version
25 minutes being a speedrun is weird, one day i'm gonna upload old footage of me playing the game in the 90s once i bust out the old vhs shit and show you that i'm hardly doing anything speedy in it and it's still like what, 27ish minutes maybe?

>the characters all play the same
Absolute retard.

He's the strongest, the fastest, and also my favorite turtle. It's not my fault He's top tier.

No I'm talking about every single mechanic being completely different. The most obvious difference is on screen enemy limit which is limited to 4 in the SNES version while being 12 in the arcade version (which increases as you progress in the game or stand still for long enough to max out the rank). Then you have completely different enemy AI, different turtle attacks with different properties/damage/frame data, hit stun works completely differently with enemies given far larger timers and pushback, grabs are now their own state instead of being a part of a completely random combo, the combo itself isn't randomized, and far more. It would be easier to list the things they have in common because they are completely different games.

>The most obvious difference is on screen enemy limit which is limited to 4 in the SNES version while being 12 in the arcade version (which increases as you progress in the game or stand still for long enough to max out the rank).
was not being pointed out
>Then you have completely different enemy AI
i was talking about things that you can control directly with your player character
which thankfully you listed some of down the road at least
and most people wouldn't even really notice these differences unless you're a NERD or autistic
you do realize people just think it's the arcade game minus 2 players and some rearrangements in boss fights and one even completely swapped out
most common people couldn't recall or even think about these small things
you know, the common people pulp sings about
if you notice them, just admit you're either a geek or autistic

Attached: nice.jpg (908x540, 116K)

Most people haven't played the games since they were kids, or they're dumbasses who don't pay attention to basic stuff

My brother only liked Donatello because he wore purple.

i would say no shit sherlock, but also most common teens and adults wouldn't give it a second thought either
this is my improvised litmus test for autism though
that, and the time i was seeing the other dude who was more concerned about the game letting him learn the game rather than throwing him an explosive to tell him the hurry the fuck up
see, if he did that in a fighting game, especially in los angeles, like come up to a player and tell him to let him learn the moves and frame data, the player might get pissed off and tell him to fuck off and play, and if he whines about it, he'd get beat up irl instead and probably stabbed, or at least in early 2000s he would have

Attached: ramseycount.jpg (1280x720, 210K)

Ah you're an amerimutt, no surprise there you are infamous for being dumb cunts who compensate with deep pockets. Btw you don't know what the timer bombs actually are if you think they can be outpaced probably because you never got that far without pumping in 10 credits

damn, i thought i smelled a turd
i guess nonamericans just generally have that unbathed odor
i thought it'd just be the french but i guess not

That's the smell of the euro bvll coming back to ram your wife

goddamn it's worse than a smash player

This game has the better soundtrack.

Attached: tmnthyperstoneheist-1000x625w.jpg (1000x625, 110K)

it does? i only played it once at a friend's but i don't remember it having different music
the biggest difference i remember was tatsu being there
now i have to check this

It's an all-time beat-'em-up. Every level is memorable, the music is fantastic and it's a great co-op experience.

Raph was always the realest nigga of the bunch. Also, I like the color red.

Laughable.

It's fun and honestly better than the arcade. Hitboxes and recovery times are on point.

No.

godlike when it came out

I still finished this game from time to time, it was the first thing I put into my snes classic mini.

Raph is th best at taking out bosses in TMNT 1989 arcade game, his slide special move has a big hit box that can hit oponents who are still out or range to hit him.