Risky rain

punished commando - a survivor deprived his aoe

Attached: 1568427589257.png (1300x866, 1.28M)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/473683398/#473699847
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw loader in two days

Attached: 1556319534513.jpg (1000x1000, 185K)

So do you think the squares at the bottom which are showing all the characters' palettes is hinting that the 'in game rewards' includes palette swaps?

Attached: skills.png (683x325, 96K)

might be, might not be
i think it's a bit of a stretch

>what is skills 2.0?
>hehe youll see :^)

fuck this niggerfaggot

So, walking mines for engineer, maybe a multi-use blink for huntress, a grenade for someone, and what the fuck is that dark feather energy bullshit about? Something for Artificier? Rex?

Attached: skills 2.png (1600x400, 511K)

host when

That cinches it that it's upgradeable abilities in-game, no? Point no. 2.

10 man Risky 2 in an hour or so. Risky 1 host might show up though.

fuck i dont want that
just make the skills better and leave it fuck
im tired of half the roster being shit

Given that it's about REALLY loving and being proficient with them I'm leaning towards it being unlockable skills. If it were just a normal part of always playing the character that you upgrade them as you go along it wouldn't matter. And you're not going to play a character you wouldn't normally just because now you can upgrade Commando's R to stun for longer, but you would if you could unlock a whole new skill for that button that makes him play differently.

Do clients need any mods to play ten man RoR2?

you don't have to be modded and you can jump in any time

>you can jump in any time
Practically blasphemy

The skills are all color coded. That's almost certainly Commando's grenade, and the second one looks more like Merc than Huntress since Huntress' skill icons all have red in them somewhere.
No character has a color scheme that would fit the purple one though. Artificier is the only one without a clear color scheme on their skills, so maybe. And if her skills are a matter of the artifacts she uses then there's no reason to pigeonhole her into basic elemental 'magic'.

Going off of the colors of the abilities, I assume the grenade is for Commando as orange is easily identifiable as something for him, as for what it would be replacing, I have no idea. I'm also thinking Artificer's M1 may be getting replaced with those blue orbs- as for the purple feathers, no fuckin' clue. The only character with purple in their kit is Rex with his R and M2

Risk of Rain 1 lobby when?

I wish I read through the rest of the thread before doing what might as well have been the same post

Attached: 1568289979700.jpg (400x400, 26K)

Bandit fuckers on suicide watch

Attached: 1568507114075.png (2518x1024, 192K)

just forward your ports

never

What else would it be?

Absolutely based

i could see them being related
the four skills you pick influence the four colors of your character or something like that

Attached: 1463506298654.png (275x142, 15K)

>Magma Worm as Miner

Attached: 1566514252642.jpg (670x748, 362K)

10 man risky soon?

This image goes out to all the sad miner mains waiting for our boy

Attached: Miner Sky3.png (1920x1080, 961K)

host usually gets here after midnight

Attached: 1554694775130.jpg (700x464, 116K)

Attached: 1562473498194.png (150x133, 2K)

Attached: 1554783001110.png (680x821, 30K)

Attached: 1554693956996.png (640x360, 343K)

Enforcer is in, right?

Attached: 1554444707671.png (599x1000, 197K)

Host coming up.

enforcer isn't in the files iirc, but that just makes him a question mark

I think he is, but no model to speak of. Just Commando, same as sniper.

IIRC from older threads when people were just starting to mod the game while data mining they found some characters with tests for an energy shield that blocks projectiles and had a beetle as the model for the character.

i think the energy shield was linked to a "paladin" though, not enforcer

nice image

Attached: 1544653766754.png (3000x2000, 2.21M)

>No mention of the Amethyst exploit on Bandit

This guy fucks.

>just want to leave the planet
>prov forces us to kill hundreds of innocents to so so

Attached: sad cat.png (446x473, 240K)

A wretched carnival.

Apologies for the delays. HD is on the fritz.

Attached: 1560241685761.gif (600x600, 73K)

it's still fucking up?

Haven't started yet due to these difficulties.

HD?

did someone take a screenshot of the aurelionite shop queue before?

Only got this.

Attached: Risk of Rain 2 2019-09-13 22-47-39-062.png (1920x1080, 2.16M)

Attached: 1554661957010.jpg (569x599, 191K)

Ten man Risky 2. CTRL+alt+~, connect 47.147.73.195
>Sacrifice (only for equips. This was to solve an enormous rift between Engineers and Mercenaries. This is a LOT more balanced than previous sacrifice mods I've used, and every character is now viable)
>Bigger Bazaar, base prices are 12 for white, 24 for green, 54 for red, scaling upwards with player count
>Anyone can join at any time
>A low amount of printers (to avoid lag during late loops), and printers have instant printing enabled for no waiting
>Red items have a 1.6% chance to drop from teleporter bosses
>Shrines of orders are enabled for Rallypoint
>Enemies with items enabled

Attached: AHEM.gif (324x624, 168K)

>Needing an exploit

Skills 2.0 is unlockable skills you can swap into your skill set
Screencap this my dad works for hopoo

2/10

4/10

7/10

i have never played the first game but i hope that they add all the old guys as well as new ones and that the game gets alot of support down the line

>halfway through september
WHERES THE UPDATE I NEED MY HANDYYY AHHHH

WHY THE FUCK WON'T MY TOOLBAR GO AWAY WHEN I START UP THE GAME?

>HANDYYY
Its literally loader in the image user.

>Blue orbs
I assumed it was a replacement for Artificers ice wall, a flurry of ice balls that freeze enemies instead of a clunky piece of shit wall. Needs one too since the whole guillotine item.
>Grenade
Probably a buff to Multi's mirv
>Purple orb
Why are there hopoo feathers around it? What character has the innate ability to double jump? oh, mercenary

Attached: 1554859961891.jpg (480x360, 42K)

What image? I thought they said Handy was next?

>Full

Attached: risk-of-rain-2-skills-2-0.jpg (770x433, 50K)

What the fuck ive been looking at my steam feed all month how did I miss this.
And theres even a date FUCK
thanks user

Handy, bandit, and miner will never be in risk of rain 2 officially

Check their twitter more regularly user

Havent used twitter since it started shaking me down for my phone number, cant let the cops catch me for saying nigger

Sniper, also.

twitter is for retards anyways

Stuff that's in the files is basically stuff that got cancelled partway through development and isn't coming.

Loader will probably be the last returning character, it fits neatly with five old survivors and five new ones.

Don't say that, we need Acrid.

this but also pic related

Attached: 1568401699526.png (838x1857, 130K)

9/10

Haven't played in a while but have they added any new characters since launch? I saw some sniper was supposed to be added and I think someone that can go underground was added more recently. Is there anyone else from the old game making a come back or any new characters coming out soon?

they added a new character, REX, and loader is being added tuesday

What about all of those leaks of a sniper character from a few weeks after launch? Also any chance of Enforcer making it in or is that meme of Commando holding his best bro picture still reality?

modders will probably add characters like sniper first

I'm not complaining about it, but why pick Loader of all characters?

I meant official addition like REX and Loader. Or is there no info about that yet and my boy might not make it in unless they do post 1.0 updates

become spiderman

That's why I'm telling you that you'll have to rely on modders for that because it sure as hell seems like they aren't adding them, and if they do they ain't doing all three(or however many is in the files)

>loss!

| |-
|| |_

8/10

I haven't been keeping up with this game's development since may.
Are artifacts in already? Enough to play by Yea Forums rules like on RoR1? Does it scale well now? or do mod just stop spawning after a while still?

That's the joke, yes.

artifacts aren't out yet.

Post RoR memes or just images in general

Attached: 1554835038549.gif (500x506, 149K)

Attached: 1555273216478.jpg (630x432, 112K)

Attached: the call that saved the run.png (484x406, 13K)

>server full
let me know when a slot opens

thats good shit, keep it going if you've got em. I dont have very many and I'm looking to build separate folders of RoR memes, cool pics like pic related and lewds

Attached: 1568414827635.png (1000x757, 80K)

Attached: 1554048828955.png (750x937, 43K)

Attached: 1561911429784.png (1250x560, 881K)

my guesses
>mines deal less damage but run into enemies as engi
>mercs 2 becomes a teleports behind u that deals double damage to a single enemy
>arti gets a feather-powered black hole for R
>grenade that replaces piercing shot
screencap so you can call me a retard when i'm completely wrong about the feather ball and the triple hole

Attached: backupmags.jpg (1200x958, 115K)

Attached: 1555519184403.png (1024x695, 68K)

Attached: 1553980755204.png (500x486, 57K)

Attached: 1555168816209.png (700x500, 59K)

8/10

quick question - does having 7 warbanners only increase radius or buff potency as well?

why is she so hot in this image, wtf

but user
she's always hot

Attached: Huntress risk of rain smo-ke mcdonals.jpg (5373x5964, 3.09M)

Member when all the game journos just kept saying how much they love the huntress instead of asking the devs relevant questions about the update

just increases the radius

I haven't been around since launch
You can do 10 player lobbies now? what

best way to play huntress is just to stack backup mags and become some australian boomerang murdergodess sheila
>worms don't have multi-hitboxes like in ROR1 and triple the health

Attached: good mood.jpg (480x640, 38K)

>character that doesn't require aim
well no shit they like it.

Post more or link me the unedited version

it's sad how they killed RoR2 with their greed. they made all of that money from RoR1 and they couldn't afford 1 extra year of development to release RoR2 as a full game? fucking cancer

Attached: 3732561.png (732x633, 161K)

I think my main problem with Hopoo's whole "EVERY CHARACTER HAS TO BE NEW AND EXCITING AND INSANE" shit is that the character play completely differently in RoR2 just by virtue of the game being 3D. I'd rather have had the RoR1 crew all transferred to 3D than have Arty/MUL-T/Rex.

ah, i see. thanks.

What kinda retarded-ass shit are you spewing right now?

but user, this is a blue board

Attached: artificer is bad at scouting.png (3204x4308, 1.08M)

it's not so simple as replacing characters just because, they likely had balancing issues

Killed? A game doesn't need 100k players at all times and a 1 million dollar tournament prize to be playable. What do you think you're going to get out of a bunch of people playing the game? A 'community'? It's a video game. You play it and have fun.

now you've gone and done it. keep going or link me a dump

>g-going from 69k peaks to barely 3k online i-isn't bad!
lmao RoR threads 404 all the time. You can't even fucking fill threads because this shallow as fuck sequel is so dead.

Nigger that was my WHOLE POINT
Transferring a character from a 2D maplestory-like to a 3D TPS completely changes how they play, it's basically like making a whole character from scratch, so why the fuck are they putting so much effort into making something so "FRESH AND NEW" when all of the "NEW" shit they've done is vastly less exciting and interesting than the "old" shit?

Guillotine made me so sad for artificier. Ice wall's one niche was finishing off those massive health elites, and then they make an item that replaces it. At least they're changing it to a green rarity item.

8/10

some characters would be pretty strange in a 3d environment
>how would Chef's Dice work
>how would enforcers shield work without needing to back into a corner constantly and spamming shieldbash
>how would acrids acid trail work
>snipers entire kit which runs on tunnel vision

sure user just go to learn to rule34

Attached: Summoned.jpg (1920x1080, 959K)

Why would it be bad? Do you need 50 thousand players playing alongside you? It's a fucking video game man. Super Mario World doesn't have tens of thousands of people playing it at once either, but it's still a good game.

>how would acrids acid trail work
Make it huge. Like, not just leaving a small trail but spraying everywhere around him in an AoE and leaving sludge puddles.

because maybe trying to fix whatever skills that worked so well in 2D isn't what they want to do and would rather create new characters, characters they've likely conceptualized since ror1 but couldn't be in it
just a thought though, I wouldn't fuckin know

it's a shallow as fuck game that was released much earlier than it needed to because the devs got greedy

it's the standard zoomer mentality
the game did well and is well liked - especially for a noname indie, but because not many people are playing it and it isn't at the top of twitch it's a dead game and a failure

Things need to be changed, but you can still make stuff work. Enforcer could have short range dashes while his shield is up, or it could be something you pull up for half a second to block ranged attacks. Acrid's trail just needs to be wide trail. If you want to be fancy about it it could be replaced with a move where you do three jumping stomps or something leaving behind a large pool of poison at each one. Sniper just needs an ability that gives them a short period of stealth in order to give time to scope in and charge up.

Really excited about loader though. He's been my most wanted since RoR2 dropped. Grappling from one monster to another sounds so fun in this game.

I fucking hate people like you so goddamn much.

>I bought a game that they warned me wasn't finished yet
>what the fuck it's not finished
>how dare they these greedy devs
>they should have not given me the option to buy and play it in its unfinished state

>the game did well
Yeah, until everyone realized it had no fucking content and then quit en masse.

stay delusional, early access zoomer cancer.

Attached: 1559838042204.gif (496x534, 1.19M)

Why do you think large amounts of people have to keep playing the game for it to be successful? I'm being serious here. What is it about games that have fewer players that makes you think less of them?

>you have summoned overloading wandering vagrants
>shield up
>mfw

Attached: cyka.jpg (567x357, 28K)

very nice

Wiped, open.

4/10

>FLATOUT says the game is early access and gave free copies to people who bought it when it started
>free updates and information on what's coming
>Devs not only tolerate modding but encourage it
>No lootboxes or paid bullshit in sight
>Several people still keep up with the game and play it willingly because the game is fun
>"Greedy" "unsuccessful"

Are you high or just seeking attention? I'm curious

Attached: 1554099133273.jpg (244x282, 28K)

I want unique playstyles. Enforcer and sniper offered that. Why are there duplicate classes like commando and MUL-T? They work the same way, just MUL-T's better. I hope we get a tank class.

>t-they have no lootboxes that means releasing early access cancer is ok!
hello zoom zoom

>Dice
Could be replaced with a different cooking related skill, maybe a sustained AoE damage field around Chef as he does a thousand knife cuts.
>Enforcer
Enforcer would work fine as long as his shield deploy time was relatively fast and let you turn it around. It'd be best for dealing with titans/vagrants and such.
>Acid
Honestly, the maps in RoR2 are all sort of "tunneled", so the acid trails would work fine as long as you made them, like, 3 and a half Rexes wide.
>Sniper
Just give him a good enough movement ability to get out of the way of things for a short time. Maybe give little alert pings inside the scop circle if something spawns near you.

>it is cancer because it is early access!
hello boom boom

You know, you don't have to play it. You can wait until the game is finished, or not even play it then.

No, you're not getting sniper because hotpoo is retarded, although it was probably ghors fault since he's a massive faggot and doesn't understand that early access is for testing bugs and basically getting paid by people willing to be your QA testers.

stop feeding the trolls

But I only play video games to discuss them with my good pals on 4channel.org/v/, and if I don't force myself to play it as soon as its released I may miss some of the epic content people are creating

;-;7
at least I'm not the only one

5/10

How do you do all this?
is there a way i could host when you're offline?

I'll post a guide in a bit. Testing some shit.

Open.

Closed. Thanks to all who joined, thanks to those last guys who helped me test.

I was gonna post the guide, but until I'm satisfied with how this balance is I won't post my setup. Otherwise:
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/473683398/#473699847

How come extra bosses don't drop extra items in RoR2

Because Hoppoo's retarded.
The problem I have with RoR2's item balance is that he drastically reduced the number of items (especially greens/reds) you get compared to RoR1 without making the items stronger to compensate. In RoR1 you get way more items but most items aren't that great unless stacked or synergized, so it balanced out.

For the same reason that Armor Piercing Rounds only work on teleporter bosses instead of normal bosses; to make us suffer.

Why are we playing a game made by sadistic retards

The logbook has a ton of slots left for items.

user, I'm talking about the number of items you obtain in a run, not the variety.

Ah. I imagine that's what skills 2.0 is meant to tackle.

I don't really feel you get that many fewer items unless you're playing command and can stack clovers. Making reds and greens slightly more common would be nice. I wouldn't mind if they made it so that the more small chests you go without a green the higher the chance gets, and same for big chests with reds. Currently big chests have 20% chance to give a red, so like drop it to 15 then make it go up by 5 each time you get a green and then it resets to 15.

>tfw CHEFmain

Attached: 1559689968261.jpg (1048x582, 253K)

i dont get this meme
in practice i find his piercing shot to be AoE enough, especially in long hallways.