Seems like every pro is using either an arcade stick or pad...

Seems like every pro is using either an arcade stick or pad, why do people claim a hitbox or keyboard is the better option?

Attached: D8TrmnQU0AAhdtZ.jpg (900x1200, 182K)

Because a hitbox is a legitimately better option that lets you react faster and hit your inputs with virtually perfect consistency. However, it's a new technology, and people who have been playing for years on pad or stick are not going to shift over right away. It's similar to how many people kept driving clutch instead of getting an automatic transmission, because it's what they were used to despite a better option being available.

also get yours from arcadeshock (the qanba obsidian hitbox)
hitbox is better once mastered. Inputs are much easier and accurate. but if you travel to play and go to locals get a stick and learn it. Lots of times you have people being salty, tourneys not allowing them, and just in general you’re going to get judged.
movements on stick still feel natural to me like IAD or dash cancel in anime fighters, I really only use hitbox if im playing a footsies game

Attached: C2118690-3FCF-43F5-AD84-31A0D56BBB54.jpg (4032x1632, 1.3M)

iad is easier on hitbox if ur not moronic

srsly. imagine thinking iads on stick are more fluid than hitting u/f f on a hitbox.

Attached: 1563597935774.png (727x672, 944K)

I feel like a hitbox would be a fucking godsend for Tekken, I'm a bit tempted to get one but I have no idea if I'll actually like it.

I'm thinking or buying a hitbox or arcade stick but unsure whether to go for something more expensive like the Qanba Obsidian, or go for something cheaper and get into modding the parts. How long can Sanwa or other buttons last before they need replacing (if ever)?

d>u/f>f melty and acpr doesn’t let you f too

my hori rap iv I changed to Sanwa parts ended up costing me more than the qanba obsidian.

parts last long, and you don’t need to worry about changing it unless you smash your stick after every loss. Hayabusa stick and buttons are looser and more sensitive, which I didn’t like.

just use ur keyboard

Hitbox is the future but many see them as taboo because of how easy inputs end up being. It also takes a fat shit on arcade culture

to clarify i switched to hitbox from keyboard, and while ill prolly stick with the hitbox a mechanical cherry switch kb is actually really good for fighting games.

Thanks, I think I'll go for the Obsidian

kailera netplay is as OG as it gets. fuck “muh arcades” not everyone lived in a fucking big city with a scene.

How is a automatic transmission better than standard?

Is hotbox better for platformers. I want to play some mame.

hitbox is superior if you're starting to learn fighting games. If you have a metric fuck ton of years on stick or pad then just stick to what you know/are comfortable with

Attached: 1567994129241.jpg (540x542, 21K)

Shifts better and faster, also gets better mileage.

in 2019 most automatic transmissions are as good if not better than manual. this isnt 1990 where we have slushboxes.

>why do people claim a hitbox or keyboard is the better option?
because it is, there is simply less time required between the action you intend to do and the action being performed when using a method like that
a stick is one of the slowest input methods devised, it is basically always the worst option, regardless of if it's analog or microswitches