Should remaster and minimalistic remakes be $60...

Should remaster and minimalistic remakes be $60? I was thinking on getting these games on the upcoming weeks but I don't think I can justify paying full price for them.

Attached: 2.png (808x653, 1.24M)

>remaster
No.
>remakes
Depends, but mostly not.

In my opinion remasters should be 20-25 bucks max.
Remakes should be 40 bucks max.

Dq11 is $50 flat on Amazon

>but I don't think I can justify paying full price for them.
Then rent them you stupid fuck. Or, buy them, beat them, and sell them on eBay.

No. Wait for a sale, probably around December.

Both games are free though what are you talking about?

Fucking Zoomers and their digital games. Buy the game physical, finish it, and sell it when your done. Zoomers are so fucking stupid.

This

DQ11 is neither a remaster or remake, and it's worth the money.

Just rent them then?

I don't think either one is worth $60

FF7 remake is totally revamped though, it seems like a full $60 game as far as I can tell. I say it depends. But Link's Awakening should be like $40, it would be a no brainer. As is, i'm going to have to pass on it.

Lets not pretend DQ11 is wholly unique or original in any singular capacity.

DQ main selling point IS that it's not original.
It's literally "hey do you miss vanilla ice cream? here it is, we're still selling it".
Nothing wrong with that, not every game has to be different for the sake of being different, sometimes you're just in the mood for vanilla.
And something like DQ portable on the Switch makes perfect sense.

doesn't mean its not worth the money. a lot of shitty games do original things but they're still shit

ff7r is worth $60 but its 1 out of 3+ parts of the full experience

Both concepts are pointless in this context. There's no valid reason for the existence of "remasters" and remakes done by the same production crew, and possibly the same developer, is retarded. The only time I remake should ever exist is in the same vein that film remakes occur, and even then their execution is flawed and existence unjustifiable.
Stop supporting companies who aren't willing to risk money to make money, instead resorting to uncreative bullshit like remastering to line their pockets for virtually no effort.

If Link's Awakening wasn't my literal first game I ever owned I would balk at the thought of paying over $40 for it. The game is relatively short and the graphics/art-style of the remake look rather low budget. Extreme personal nostalgia is the only reason I'm buying it Day 1, I'm pretty sure an HD Donkey Kong Country 2 is the only other remaster/remake I'd pay this much for.

Attached: rthbrwvum,t.png (64x51, 7K)

Imagine not having a hacked switch.
No, it's not worth it and your brain knows it, neither are years old ports, but unironically it's ok if it's Nintendo to some people. Find an old switch and 1 (one) paperclip.

Not worth the price

>Buy $60 game
>Finish it
>Sell it for $45
>You are out of 15 dollars and have no game
Fuck off

XI should be $60 since it was released last year and that's a port.

Then how is it not a remake?
If it's still the same ice cream, just in a different cup.
Regarding the franchise's status as purposefully stagnate, your perception is fair enough. Still, I wouldn't pay the same price for vanilla as I would for vanilla w/ oreos. A production having no effort put in shouldn't go around pretending its the same quality as ones that do, and I mean this in regard to the quality of the "vanilla" aspects, not just the lack of ingenuity.
The game's balance is piss poor, with the default setting being irrelevant and Harder Monsters being tante amount to RNG until the skillsets open up, which is closer to the end of the game than the beginning.
Technical balancing is as important to anything as mechanical creativity. Dragon Quest forfeits the latter by default, and has no apparent understanding of the former. You're eating ice cream that was melted and then re-frozen, and relishing at the opportunity to pay the same price for it as games that attempt (and sometimes succeed) to do both.
>And something like DQ portable on the Switch makes perfect sense.
How so, or rather as opposed to anything else? What makes DQ such a great choice for on-the-go play?

It depends.
Remakes should, considering that they are usually creating a brand new game out of an old one, i.e. Final Fantasy VII Remake.
Remasters sometimes should, depending on how old the game is or how much is added.

Link's Awakening should be like $40 at most, sure it's got extra content and a little dungeon creator, but I doubt that the dungeon creator will have nowhere near as much depth as something like Mario Maker, and at the end of the day, its a prettied up GameBoy title.
Dragon Quest XI S should be $60 since the base game is only 2 years old, on top of the fact that this adds more to it.
Persona 5 R is another example of a remaster that should be $60, it has extra content, and the game isn't even that old yet, its been what, 3 years?

>How so, or rather as opposed to anything else? What makes DQ such a great choice for on-the-go play?
Because JRPGs are a great fit for handhelds in general.
This was the case for the Vita, and the Switch is just the Vita 2.0, so it makes sense.

If you already own the PS4 version it's not.

>Should remaster and minimalistic remakes be $60?
I have LinkĀ“s Awakening on preorder right now, so is all up to you.

dq11 for the switch is a port of a relatively new game with new content. dont see why it cant be 60.

>ff7r is worth $60 but its 1 out of 3+ parts of the full experience
Neo Yea Forums will deffend this, congrats paying 180 bucks for the whole game or even moren.

Get Moon: Remix RPG Adventure

DQ11 may be boring as fuck but to be honest it's more like a port which happens to be improved as opposed to just some remaster. So really, awful association.

DQ is a modern game so the price makes sense.

LA remake is a worse version of an existing game from over 20 years ago that's charging double what the original game cost

>LA remake is a worse version
Do you have anything to back that up beyond
>new bad
>old good

Yeah, but again, why, as opposed to anything?
What makes JRPGs better to play mobile than, say, Animal Crossing? or Hollow Knight?
is it because you can avoid embarrassment by pretending to be watching Netflix with how uninvolved the gameplay is?
just an example, of course, seeing as the Switch can't stream

just watch a trailer. it looks like a free to play phone app with worse music than the original game

Doesn't Ep. 1 end after you leave Midgar?
Why would anybody bother with Ep. 1/2, then? Game predominantly goes to generic trash afterwards. Just watch the rest on YT if absolutely necessary.
of course who the fuck would pay or play anything from Squaresoft but people with cognitive disabilities and/or brain damage

I don't know, same reason why Monster Hunter is such a good fit.
You can play these games in small chunks.
Go in, play a section (or a hunt, in MH case), get out.
That's just all there is to it.
JRPGs tend to naturally fall in line with this approach because playing from one save point to the next or doing a grinding session, then saving and continuing later on works especially well on an handheld.
And yes, while you're grinding or doing an easy hunt you can watch youtube or whatever.
What's wrong with that, exactly?
It's a pretty comfy experience to grind away or do hunts while you half pay attention and watch shit at the same time.

>he didnt get past disc 1
OH NO NO NO NO

>it looks like a free to play phone app
That's just the nintendo 3d cartoon style. Graphical quality wise, if you actually think it's f2p phone app territory then you're even more lost in your own bias than I had realized.

>of course who the fuck would pay or play anything from Squaresoft but people with cognitive disabilities and/or brain damage
This, I mean, SE is on a bad quality row right now.

Dragon Quest at least has a lot of content, fucking Link's Awakening though? Isn't the game like 4 hours long? And the chamber edit thing looks lame as hell, if it was a proper dungeon editor then MAYBE.

I think new content more than makes up for it on 11's case. I really like LA art direction but I can't justify spending 60 on it right now. Only new feature is that limited dungeon editor.

you got to admit that it looks incredibly cheap. that's basically what I'm saying about the visuals. a chinaman could make the majority of the assets in a day

all games should start at 80-100 and receive price drops in regular intervals until they level out and a secondary market decides the value

have been for 30 odd years, before the merger
I mean when's the last time they genuinely tried to make a decent video game, Final Fantasy IV?
and even that came with the monkey paw that are cutscenes, introducing the world to fifty gorillion hours of shitty writing for nonexistent character development.
V was backtracking.
VI was built on IV, but with minimal gameplay additions and 1,000% more worthless dialogue
VII was the beginning of the end, with cutscenes and graphicsfaggotry taking complete precedence
VIII was conceptually VII 2.0
IX was backtracking after VIII's reception
X was more stupid ass Japanese writing with some decent gameplay enhancements that were outdated and overblown when compared to other vidya on the market
XI is irrelevant
XII was fucking stupid and marred by Square revealing their true colors as compensating micropenises
and everything after is just perpetuation of it.
And the one thing everybody forgets is that when FF really started to take off, Square stopped investing in original IPs and outside development teams who were looking to make great video games, and instead started absorbing them and assimilating them.
There is no greater cancer to video games than Squaresoft. Even EA, in all their faggotry, still produce better games than SE. Hell, FIFA has more RP elements than Final Fantasy ever has.
Wipe this meme from the face of the planet.

>a chinaman could make the majority of the assets in a day
Boy. You're not really thinking on the things you say, are you? I'm going to take a wild, wild guess here and assume you have no idea how to actually make any of that and you just came out with a random time frame in your head because you just wanted to express your hate.

Disc 3 is just disc two plus the extra cinematics.
If you are telling me that costa del sol and gold saucer are on the same level than midgar you are delusional.

>Isn't the game like 4 hours long?
>durrr hurrr I do speedruns like my favorite youtoubers
fag zoomer

funny you say that since I do game contracts for a living. I may have exaggerated a bit, but honestly you're giving it a lot more credit than they deserve

A 100% speedrun is under an hour and a half.

Square burned since Sakaguchi left and FF brand was lend to kitase

Both are $49 at Walmart. I'm happy Walmart is doing this, because so fucking Amazon can do price match if they want my money.

Absolute retards

Yeah, because thats the true way to play any game. Youtube generation is cancer.

>bootlicking this hard
Piratefags really are the master race

You're not allowed to criticize the style or else you'll be accused of wanting hyperrealistic grafix or "Twilight Princess 2".

The justification of this style, at least on Yea Forums, is the most disingenuous horseshit. Last night there was a thread that opened with pic related as a suggestion to retool the facial style of the models that inadvertently exposed this disingenuine defense.
>fanboys flood in to balk at it, asking where this "Charlie Brown" shit came from
>someone posts the LADX album sprites that inspired the art style of the face
>suddenly fanboys start absolutely tripping over themselves to try to backpedal and claim that the album sprites from LADX aren't acceptable to use as a basis, somehow being deemed as "unofficial" art

Attached: 1561254445890.png (429x423, 200K)

What's the problem with this artstyle again?
I like it, it's cute.
I also didn't really have a problem with WW's artstyle back in the day.

Attached: links-awakening-nintendo-switch-05.jpg (830x471, 110K)

It looks like funko pops. It was designed specifically to look like them. They're a huge brand that doesn't appeal to typical nintendo fans but appeals to normies. Normies love funkos because of how inexpressive they are, expressiveness is seen as childish. Normies are willing to display figures of pop culture stuff they enjoy, but only if it isn't childish.

>It looks like funko pops
>It was designed specifically to look like them
I don't see it.
I see it more like a bunch of Nendoroid.
It looks more "toy-like" but it's a far cry from the ugly "square head spread out eye" funko shit you're trying to push onto it.
I think you're reading too much into it and projecting what is a simple personal distaste for the style.

Attached: 32440.jpg (600x800, 113K)

It's incredibly lazy, somehow even lazier than Link Between Worlds (a 3DS game), because it does almost nothing to actually take advantage of the hardware to better reflect what the original game's accompanying art conveyed or even the remake's non-chibi art.

In LBW, the models were chibified and called back to LttP's sprite style but the chibi designs and stylistic choices weren't far removed from the non-chibi artwork for LBW. With LA Remake, however, they just go for the bare minimum with what the tiny Game Boy sprites conveyed, with just a tiny extra splash of coloring.

Attached: The-Legend-of-Zelda-A-Link-Between-Worlds-4 (1).png (1280x720, 865K)

I don't wanna sound like a shill, but maybe you should try out gamefly so you can rent the games instead of dropping a whole 60$ on these games. That's what I'm doing for Link's Awakening/Luigi's Mansion/Fire emblem/Yoshi and Daemon X. I don't myself replaying any of these games anytime soon except for maybe fire emblem so renting seems to be the best choice in some cases. Think about it OP, it could save you a lot of money.

Attached: 8595575302c632aacc94e62f6e24ff25.gif (400x512, 428K)

>What's the problem with this artstyle again?
it's telling me where to focus my eyes instead of letting my own eyes do the focusing
not pleasant

>I may have exaggerated
I know. I went over with. Because you wanted to express your hate.

Funko Pops
>black circle dot eyes
>minimal to no other facial details besides eyebrows if applicable
Nedoroids
>detailed eyes
>expressive mouths
Link's Awakening
>black oval dot eyes
>thin generic eyebrows
>thin plain mouth
Nah. LA Remake is closer to Funko Pop. But christ, even Funko manages to have somewhat sculpted body details. Link here just has blob feet and hands.

Attached: Legend-of-Zelda-Link-s-Awakening-1177746.jpg (590x350, 48K)

Name one game from the past decade that's original.

Death Stranding

they should be whatever the fuck they feel like being you fucking commie
it's up to you to grow a brain and not feel the need to play it while it still costs money you can't afford/don't feel like wasting right now, not up to some magical being/the government to fucking decide what price should things be sold at

>some extra content, playable on handheld mode and 2d mode
how the fuck is DQ11 on switch not a remaster?

Shesh, aren't you a little old to be still playing lolbertarian shenanigans online?
Time to go clean your room, little boy.
Listen to your daddy.

>huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh no it shouldn't be this way, it shouldn't be allowed uwu

Nigger it's a port.

Doom and The Witcher 3 are ports. This was literally built from the ground up

Depends if you already got the original or not.
If you already own a version of the game you probably shouldn't double dip unless you're a big fan of the game. Like I own a million copies of Cave Story for some reason.

a port of Ninja Gaiden Black on switch would be worth it

are zoomers really this dumb?

no. all games should be $5 at maximum and even then only if they offer at least 500 hours of gameplay. i think this because i am a pathetic NEET who believes $60 is a small fortune unlike someone with a job for whom $60 is pocket change.

I accept your concession

No Nintendo game ever is worth more than $35

>>Buy $60 game
>>Finish it
>>Sell it for $45
>>You are out of 15 dollars and have no game
>Fuck off
Fool, this is why you sell your shit in the personals section on Craigslist. That way you get free gay sex with the meetup

based