What are your thoughts on Platinum games?

What are your thoughts on Platinum games?

Attached: Platinum Games.png (500x223, 4K)

Mediocre devs. None of their games are any good.

Been mediocre for awhile. Too focused on anime tropes now.

PG is roughtly split in two right now.
One side is the "pure action" side with Bayo, MGR and such.
The other side is the "experimental" side with Nier, and Astral Chain and so on.
Fans of one side of PG aren't necessarily fans of the other side, in fact sometimes they can even hate each other's taste in vidya.

Kamiya is in the middle and he switches from one side to the other depending on his mood.
I'm not gonna sit here and tell you which side is more patrician, but between you and me, we both know the answer to that question.

Attached: Hideki-Kamiya.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

NieR:Automata was pretty good, even if I had no clue what the story was about until I read it on a wiki.

He did spend the last few weeks tweeting that he was proud of the Astral Chain team. In between posting Akira butt pics.

Attached: 1567334583945.png (750x809, 1017K)

Inti Creates is 2D PG.

What would happen with Capcom allowed Inti to make a 3D MMZ game, and they asked PG for help?
What would a 3D Inti/PG MMZ collab look like?

Attached: 253.jpg (770x1034, 91K)

Attached: 1495502814339.jpg (800x1200, 239K)

Lisa lisa

I swear Platinum could make a casual mobile cooking game and it would still end with a boss fight against God.

I have most of their games so they must be doing something I like.

I am 90 percent sure Bayonetta's character designer was a fan of Jojo.

I like 'em, but they have some serious bad habits they need to break away from. Things like locking most of a games mechanics for several hours on your first play through and ranking you on minigame stages.

more than half of their games are junk

they should have never become guns for hire doing licensed bullshit

They've gotten pretty samey after Bayo, I liked their earlier stuff like Infinite Space a lot and wish they made more shit like it

Goddamnit, I wish they made the single-player offerings in Dragon Marked for Death better

What gave you the idea that anyone at platinum is a fan of JoJo

That ship has long sailed, user.
rip.

Attached: shinobiDMFD-1.jpg (1442x895, 241K)

Madworld is underrated

Attached: madworld.jpg (626x350, 28K)

Gotta pay the bills somehow.

Attached: Bayo Rakasha.png (477x675, 273K)

Attached: 1568352872109.png (617x875, 230K)

You're tearing me apart!

my nigga

Attached: 1562815040216.jpg (500x901, 151K)

niiiiiiiiiiiiice

Well, it's kinda the opposite since Inti was founded in 1996. Also MGR 2, the first game was pretty muck 3D MMZ.

I'm surprised they haven't gone under yet. They are absolute dogshit in marketing their products in any ways and it very much feels like they've already burned through their Nier money.

I'd tell you but I don't wanna get blocked

They essentially get paid upfront to make a game.

They get paid before they even start working on something.
Nintendo is currently force feeding them money and have been for years.

>Game starts with you just putting hot water in cheap ramen
>Ends with you cooking "Ambrosia, The Food of the Gods" in an altar in space overlooking Earth

I would buy it.

Attached: Thumbs Up2.png (255x226, 65K)

Let it never be said that Nintendo doesn't support its partners. Looking at you Microsoft.

POPULAR BAD

go back

Aren't they making 2 or 3 mobile games right now? Not about cooking, unfortunately.

I actually don't think it's a good deal for them, to be honest.
Their games stay niche as fuck, you could market the absolute shit out of Bayo 3 and it will never sell 1/3rd of any mario, zelda, or most other Nintendo games.
It really is one big pet project from Nintendo and i have a feeling after Bayo 3 is going to end because there's no way they're making any profit.

I love Astral Chain, but let's not pretend it's even removely a killer app for the Switch or that it's gonna move any significant numbers to be worth the money Nintendo has been investing in PG.

Attached: 1332619504639.png (209x219, 18K)

They are free to work on other projects with other Publishers though. They are still working with Square Enix on a project, Nintendo is always a willing partner. And they parted with Activision on good terms. Only Microsoft has actively screwed them over so far.

Attached: PlatinumGamesTier.png (1477x1126, 1.4M)

I don't know, Nintendo has money to burn. Sometimes I feel they fund stuff just because it gives them good press.

They have been known to do that before.

God i want to play Wonderful 101
hope it comes to switch soon

Attached: 1568155765356.jpg (900x1274, 161K)

Nier: Automata in mid.
Astral Chain in Top.

Platinum games sell systems. Not a lot of people buy their Nintendo exclusives, but many of those who do might not buy the console at all otherwise.

They should only stick to action games. Astral Chain was a blatant example.

This would be my list except with Bayo 2 and Transformers swapped. Star Fox could maybe move up a tier too.

>Platinum games sell systems
Only to autistic retards like myself
I bought a Wii U for Bayo 2 and a Switch for Astral Chain/Bayo 3
I dislike Nintendo games a lot

>finding all the bait and taking it without water

Why a Korra game of all things?

Only actually popular game Platinum has ever made is Nier: Automata.

MGR?

They really do
Hell not too long ago Nintendo refunded some family like 600$ in micro transactions while EA said no comment

Literally some of the cheapest good Press they’ve ever brought

Why?
I actually like the investigations missions

Why?

I like Platinum Games's games
Wii U had some OK games too I guess like Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors but thats about it
I've bought a ton more games for my Switch than PG stuff. Travis, DXM, Fire Embelem Warriors are all pretty good games too. Looking forward to Animal Crossing its the only Nintendo thing I really like

It sold around 1,5 million on PS3 and 700 000 on Steam, which is pretty good but not really as much as you'd think Metal Gear game could sell.

Because they got paid to make it?
Do you know how video game development works?

How many on 360, the main console of that gen?

>only microsoft has actively screwed them over so far.
Scalebound looked awful and ran like complete dogshit from what was shown. Platinum screwed microsoft over if anything.

>Gameplay 10/10
>Level desing 3/10
they games have the most desolated and depressing enviromets ever fuking made

I've found myself to be more of a fan of the experimental side. I might not even get Bayo 3.

Forgot that and checked. It sold the least on it actually, around 500k.

crazy

Only listing the games I've played
>Metal Gear Rising>Bayonetta 2>Nier Automata>Bayonetta>Astral Chain>Transformers: Devestation>Vanquish
Not afraid to admit i'm a style over substance kind of guy.

Shoo shoo, jojobrony showfag.

God I wish Anarchy Reigns was on PC.

Also I like platinum but for some reason it feels like their games are always missing something to push them over the edge gameplay wise. That said I always have fun with them. Automata I think was just long for the complexity of it's gameplay but I was there for Yoko

For me:
Bayo>MGR>Vanquish>Nier>Astral Chain>Bayo 2Anarchy Reigns (PC WHEN)
I have W101 I bought it when I got my Wii U but I've not got round to playing it yet, gutted I kept delaying buying Transformers too as I can't buy it on PC any more

They've always made bits of everything though. If you look at their offerings it's been very diverse. It's just that their best stuff is action combat.

Is there any reason wonderful 101 isnt on switch yet
is the wii u controller gimmick to much for it to be played with out it

There's a few sections that will be difficult without it but the entire game can be played on the pro controller since it has a built in picture-in-picture mode. I assume it just hasn't been ported yet because Nintendo want a bigger audience on the platform first. It's a large and complex game which probably makes it relatively expensive to port. Maybe now that Astral Chain and Bayo 2 have established a Platinum audience on the Switch they'll finally let it happen. At least that's what I hope anyway.

Yes, out of most WiiU Games W101 is one of those games that used most of the gimmicks from the system the most.

I think ultimately it would be MUCH better to have a sequel on the Switch instead.

Platinum's one of the best devs in the industry right now

Good directors and teams that have a lot of experience undre their belt. I also love their art work and modelers.

They work on smaller projects, and can focus on polishing their games. Saw some of their dev-blogging on nier automata, pretty nice stuff.

Can't really hate them, unless you think making games is selling out or something.

Attached: download (1).jpg (251x201, 7K)