Action Game Thread

2019 has been a great year for action games. What are your thoughts on DMC5, Sekiro, and Astral Chain?
Post your
>favorite action game of all time
>favorite recent action game
>favorite action game OST

Attached: 1566981972395.jpg (1790x2499, 933K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9v-9BBiC0VU
youtube.com/watch?v=b81M5Q01uzE
youtube.com/watch?v=uL_BZxTuv4I
youtube.com/watch?v=rYn0PpvYTas&t=
youtube.com/watch?v=1Mi11pfUUrk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

isn't that a boy?

Sekiro was the only one that was fun because it was an adventure game

Now that I've had time to think, I preferred Sekiro over DMC5. Sekiro felt great to explore and figure things out on your own, DMC5 didn't do anything new or interesting besides the introduction of V, but he doesn't stick around long enough to develop. It wasn't bad, but I dont have an urge to touch it again after clearing DMD, BP, and S-ranking SoS.

DMC4
DMC5 = Astral Chain >= Sekiro > Nioh
>favorite action game ost
dunno

>favourite action game
Bayonetta
>favourite recent action game
Sekiro
>favourite action game OST
DMC1

Also Sekiro>DMC5>Astral Chain

>>favorite action game of all time
>DMC4
Fucking yikes

Shinobi (PS2).
Astral Chain.
DMC 1? DMC 3? Hard to choose.

Attached: dulguun-p-shinobi.jpg (1342x1600, 328K)

What can I say, I love the control to style ratio of the game.

Attached: 1368579759972.jpg (1222x1869, 1.77M)

That's a cute girl

Ninja Gaiden 2
Sekiro
DMC1

based and trip-pilled

I'm not gay, and that's a girl, right?

Attached: 1560475927230.jpg (511x511, 44K)

I've S-ranked all difficulties in DMC5. I think it's fantastic. It doesn't do anything different from previous games, but it does perfect pretty much everything. I love it.
Sekiro is great, as well. I actually beat Emma / Isshin for the first time today (I just never got around to it). I wish Sekiro would have changed some things, though. I wish you could only change your combat art / prosthetic tools at the Idols instead of at any time. It would've made the game a bit more strategic, and it just feels like it's at odds with the way the game is designed in pretty much every other way - no-frills, focused gameplay. Hell, the combat has three buttons.
It's the opposite of DMC5, which gives you hundreds of moves to play around with. It forces you to make due with only three moves (block, dodge / sword step, attack). I wish they would've taken it one step further, and restricted how you could swap tools and such.
I think I like DMC5 a bit more, but Sekiro is still godlike. I'd put it on the same pedestal as DS1 and Bloodborne.

Attached: __sekiro_sekiro_shadows_die_twice_drawn_by_cdash817__2594bf22b96bf16a0e118b2963ab8e31.jpg (2054x1371, 1.31M)

but it does everything* pretty much perfectly

Patrician trips
Kuro is a boy

>three buttons
but there's four, five if you count prosthetic tools

It better be

>>but it does perfect pretty much everything
>fighting Urizen half a dozen times
>V
>vergil AGAIN
>nero gets shafted for half the game and then the last mission tries to pretend he's the main character again
>completely bland level design after a certain point

I suppose so. In any given combat scenario, though, you're mainly going to be dodging / blocking / swinging. Tools and jumps only come into play on occasion.

Ninja Gaiden 2
Sekiro
DMC3

I find I jump about as often as I dodge

I wouldn't say 5's level design is bland. It just has a setting. I wish we could've gotten a whole ice level, like what was at the end of mission 16, but it's whatever.
V is fun (at least, to me).
The actual Urizen FIGHTS (missions 12 and 17) are great, but having you forcefully die twice is a bit dumb. I'll agree with you on that.
Vergil is the DMC hypeman. They couldn't not bring him back for the big revival.
They had to put Nero away for a bit after Dante comes back, or else people would complain that aren't enough Dante missions. I'd still say he's the main character, though.

Outside of forced L's during the Urizen fights, I can't think of any OBJECTIVE flaws with DMC5. The straightforward level design, V's gameplay, Vergil's return, etc. are all subjective. I liked it all, though. I put 150 hours into it, and I still play it frequently.

I've hit the point where I only dodge / jump if the enemy is either grabbing or sweeping. I try and deflect practically everything else.

Japanes or English voices in Sekiro, Yea Forums?

Attached: __emma_the_gentle_blade_sekiro_shadows_die_twice_drawn_by_sola7764__7527e593bfa9550e48fbc94431e10195 (1445x2824, 2.88M)

i played 2 runs in japanese and 2 in english

>Devil May Cry 6
>Sekiro 2
>Astral Chain 2
You can only get one; which one would you take, and why?

Attached: __akira_howard_astral_chain__77ccf77fa20e977fd9b068896dbc603f.png (800x589, 604K)

Sekiro feels like it would most benefit from an improved sequel

Astral Chain 2.
But i'd sit down with the devs and plan a development roadmap that massively changes some aspects of the game to add replay value.
Basically i'd only get AC2 if i could personally dictate how the sequel has to play out design wise.

Have you guys tried doing a charmless run on Sekiro? I'd totally recommend it if the normal game didn't completely kick your ass.
It plays quite differently, you really have to mind your own posture and it becomes important to find the right tool and/or skill to deal with each enemy. The bosses are really tough too, so you'll find yourself looking for different openings rather than just attacking and deflecting.

English to get the campy 90's anime vibe

Dmc5 and Sekiro are astonishing, my GOTY and 3rd respectively. AC is shitty lol

It's weird, I really loved Sekiro, DMC5, and Astral Chain, but I'd probably put Astral Chain on the bottom. Even then, I want an Astral Chain 2 the most because I feel like it could be the most improved from a sequel. It's so close to 'brilliant' and it's obvious that they could have used a bigger budget.

dmc5 was great, astral chain was good but could have been better, sekiro was trash

OP here; what didn't you like about Astral Chain? I really enjoyed it.
What didn't you like about Sekiro?

Trying to start a discussion on this board beyond "it's trash" or "it's shitty".

Attached: sekiro-shadows-die-twice-poster-anime-style-characters-artwork.jpg (1600x2560, 1.31M)

>>favorite action game of all time
Nioh
>>favorite recent action game
DMCV
Bloodborne

>>favorite action game OST
>Bloodborne
my man

nice taste, user

>draw a girl
>call it a boy
checks out

it can generally be difficult to tell a child's gender before puberty without markers placed on them by their parents like clothes and hair length

Is Bloodborne an action game? I'd say it's an ARPG, but I wouldn't consider it a full-blown action game like with Sekiro. Sekiro has
>Mikiri
>deflection
>posture
and a bunch of other stuff; plus, there's no RPG elements in Sekiro at all. Bloodborne walks a fine line, though. It's right on the edge of action game, but I wouldn't say it's completely there.

Attached: __hunter_bloodborne_drawn_by_osu5i__sample-fd08f35fa313801ab880c8c86f8c2340.jpg (850x1093, 102K)

Most of AC is unfun side shit, to the poj t where the combat ends up feeling like the side content. Characters are awful and thin. Everything is a barebones weeb jrpg. Lappy shit. Platforming. 12.

I like a lot of the additional content in AC, but that's mostly because I'm a sucker for police-themed stuff. The characters are a bit one-dimensional, but they're memorable all the same. Story was wack, but I wouldn't call it "bad".
To be fair, Kuro looks very feminine in-game. He hasn't even hit puberty, so he hasn't developed many masculine features.

Attached: __akira_howard_astral_chain_drawn_by_hankuri__7062d8bf43e5cbbf0ce7535453f00d03.jpg (500x714, 58K)

>there's no RPG elements in Sekiro at all
u wot m8

>no equipment
>no stats
>no leveling

Outside of health / damage boosts, there really isn't. You get new moves and tools, but that's the same for every action game.
What I'm trying to get at is that there's no stats beyond HP and damage.

Thats cool and all, but Astral Chain is just a bad aciron jrpg and not an aciron game when most of the game is Bala cong boxes, larping, platforming, investigations, and shitty dislogue between anime troupes with no personality

The stealth in Sekiro was kinda dookie, otherwise good game

Sekiro and DMC5 are my games of the year. I don't own a Switch so I can't play AC, unfortunately. Sekiro is every bit a video game epic as any Souls game. Fucking fantastic game. DMC5 is just a ball of fun, though it's probably the action game, of the ones I've played, I have the absolute most misgivings about.
Bayonetta
Bayonetta
youtube.com/watch?v=9v-9BBiC0VU

Attached: Fountainhead Palace.jpg (7938x2719, 3.9M)

It has the same stats as Bloodborne - health, stamina and damage. Health and stamina are tied together in Sekiro but they are functionally still there. Sekiro then has an additional RPG system on top of that in the form of skill trees.

I don't know what everyone has against the dub, it sounds fine to me and I think all the main characters nailed it ( especially anayama)

Attached: sekiroowl.png (1901x1634, 1.07M)

I like Genichiro's english VA, but everyone else sounds incredibly off.

I wouldn't say Sekiro's skill trees are really RPG-ish, since you can fill them all out eventually; you're heavily disincentivized from getting all stats in a Souls game.
Bloodborne has more stats than health, stamina, and damage. They mostly affect your ability to do damage and use weapons, but they still force you to level up certain stats and play into a role. You can't be proficient in both Skill and Strength, AND also use magic at a high level in Bloodborne, without having to spend an absurd amount of Echoes, and effectively breaking the game. You're meant to upgrade everything in Sekiro. Sekiro's skill tree is no different than choosing which move to spend your Red Orbs on in DMC.
I only play with dub, but Kuro and the Divine Child sound a bit mediocre. Isshin is godlike, though.

you get health/posture and damage upgrades by clearing bosses, not by leveling up, though. DMC also has health and magic upgrades, and move trees, but you wouldn't call that an RPG.

I couldn't get into Nioh. The story failed to suck me in, and as satisfying as dual-wielding tonfas was, the lack of punch to what I was doing was totally jarring in the face of Souls games effortlessly immersing you in their worlds. What was conveyed beautifully was William's relationship to his guardian spirit. I really wanted to get her back, but I've shelved the game for now in favor of DMC5.

posture isn't really equivalent to stamina

>What didn't you like about Sekiro?
just not enough mechanical variety

there's very little opportunity to be creative with your tools, it mostly boils down to a series of janken encounters, I liked the improved mobility compared to dark souls at least but it didn't change my very low opinion of fromsoft as an action games developper

I got Immortal Severance ending today. It hurts like...really bad

Attached: Screenshot_187.png (699x409, 299K)

>very little opportunity to be creative
When you're out in the actual world, you can mess around a bit with the movement / prosthetics. In fights, though, you're right, but I wouldn't say that's a flaw. It definitely forces you to recognize patterns and make the most of your limited moveset. Sekiro proves to me that you can have an action game be fun by relying entirely on reaction instead of mechanical depth.
Isn't that the easiest ending to get? How'd you not get it first?

Attached: __ashen_one_and_sekiro_sekiro_shadows_die_twice_and_etc__f914bd352bfb32e84d3c57b02d6f49b1.png (840x720, 468K)

>Sekiro proves to me that you can have an action game be fun by relying entirely on reaction instead of mechanical depth.
Indubitably. I see many complaints like the aforementioned janken, but fuck me if it wasn't satisfying every single time.

I get weird framerate hitches in Sekiro. Every time the camera cuts in a cutscene, it freezes for about half a second. It's every time the angle changes in every cutscene without fail. It also drops when I enter / exit areas. I got it to consistently happen when going on the stairs from the Owl arena into Kuro's hideout. Does anyone else get these? Is there a fix? I'm thinking it's because the game is just loading in a bunch of assets in a chunk, but it sucks, because every other Souls game runs flawlessly.

It's very RPS, but in a good way.
>Mikri beats thrusts
>Dodge beats grab
>Deflect beats swing
>Grabs can't be deflected
>Swings can rarely be dodged
>Thrusts can be dodged / deflected, but only if you're on point
It's all about pattern recognition. It's like a rythm game, but that's not a flaw to me. It's fun as shit.

*Rhythm

I get that in Dark Souls III. I think what happens is the entire scene re-renders itself because From still doesn't know how to do it better. You'll notice that during the hitches in cutscenes the hair will fluff about? That's the scene re-rendering. Bravo From.

God Hand, Killer is Dead
Devil May Cry 5 and Bayonetta 1
Metal Gear Rising and Mad World

Attached: 1495653739642.png (727x597, 796K)

Why do they keep drawing the prince as a girl?

They've been using this engine for three games straight now. Hopefully it's on-point with Elden Ring. If it's unoptimized and rendering a big open world with horseback riding, it might be shit. Their ports have been generally fantastic ever since DS2, though.

Because he's prepubescent and genuinely looks feminine in-game.

Relax, he's not fucking him or anything

Sekiro beat the shit out of me so badly that I stopped playing after a week or so. Months went buy, picked it up, and I played it on and off for months until the very last boss. Hard to describe how much I yelled and how many times I died. I read online about people being ashamed to have died to some bosses almost 20 times and I know I was way over 50. That was over a month ago.

I know that it is now literally impossible for me to finish this game as to shake off the rust I need to do so against the last boss who will definitely rape me forever.

Still a great game.

Bayonetta is 10 years old, not really recent

>Isn't that the easiest ending to get? How'd you not get it first?
Yes, I got it first. Today I completed my first run.

Attached: 76427277_p0_master1200.jpg (800x600, 479K)

Come on m8 it's not that hard, just R1 and L1 at the right time and occasionally jump over an attack.

the last boss isn't too bad

Sword Saint Isshin is godlike. I've seen people complain that he's actually TOO hard and needs nerfed, and that he gives too little opportunities for damage. I died around five times to him in total. Old Isshin actually gave me more trouble. Really fun fights overall. I honestly can't think of a single bad boss in Sekiro, which is a first for a Souls-ish game.

Ayy, congrats. What'd you think of the game overall?

Attached: HTB1PZRra8WD3KVjSZKPq6yp7FXaS.jpg (2437x2092, 1.78M)

I really enjoyed Sekiro but the experience would have been greatly improved with a cooldown meter for the shinobi tools instead of a count limit that could go up to fucking /5/ depending on the tool, and even physical attacks demand it. It's already bad enough that most of them are purely situational and can't be incorporated into gameplay and leave you open to punishing by how long they take or how you can't sprint while using them, and the count meter just really killed it. It wasn't a bad system at all but it left much to be desired.

DMC 3. 4 and 5 are fun as hell to play but I am a bit biased on 3.
DMC 5=Sekiro>=Astral Chain
BLESS ME WITH YOUR GIFT OF LIGHT

It has Owl, my favorite video game boss pretty much of all time which says a lot since bosses were the highlight of DS3, and it's the one game that I feel demands a sequel.
DeS was a great introduction to the Souls formula, doesn't really need a sequel. Its good enough on its own.
DS1 was pretty much perfect but it is their golden egg that made them popular so the sequels are... sort of understandable.
BB was perfect as is, and you don't touch perfection.
Sekiro however was a good game but still left /much/ to be desired like I mentioned in the last post. I am almost 100% certain that it will get a sequel if it doesn't get DLC.

It has sold 4 million copies at this point, so I'm sure Activision would fund a sequel. I'm actually surprised by how little they seemed to have meddled with the game outside of pop-up tutorials (which are perfectly acceptable, in my opinion). I'd be down for a sequel as long as they don't get too greedy and start implementing some scummy practices.
Owl is a fantastic boss. Uses a lot of tools, has a great OST, and is totally fair. Probably my favorite fight in the game, as well.

>play it
>hate it
>drop it
>come back in a few weeks/months
>fall in love
That was my experience with the franchise as well starting with DS1 and probably most other peoples experience as well. It's the kind of game that lingers in your mind until you work up the nerve to try it again and you learn to enjoy it.

---DMC5---
lacks some of 4's depth and tech because of a lot of needless limitations and bad design.
Nero and Dante have some neat additions to their gameplay. and the combat Is still great even if some things are worse than 4.
V sucks and was a huge waste of dev time. also no vergil :(
requires a lot of mods like turbo, reversals, breaker switching but the mods aren't polished yet.
the level design sucks. the game lacks content especially for dante.

---Sekiro---
Combat is a slight improvement from fromsofts other shit but the controls are still too unresponsive. fromsoft need to learn how to make a challenging game without making the controls clunky and disconnected from the players actions. Still way too much start up and end lag on everything makes hits feel sluggish and unsatisfying. The camera is absolute cancer and will just fly into space if you're even close to a wall and you'll have no view of what the fuck's going on. Sekiros movement controls like a bar of soap. You're sliding around like greased up retard on tiles and getting caught on the geometry everywhere. God help you if you ever try to sprint while locked on.
best to install a mod to get rid of the red warning sign for unblockable attacks the retard devs made it appear right above your head so you can't see and read your enemies attack like a normal action game. my guess is it was put in the game for deaf and partially blind people.
Prosthetic arm system is really good and works a lot better than DMC5s. combat arts are sort of cool. switching combat arts in menu sucks they need to let you have more than one at once.
Cool boss fights, Cool world design, Bad controls.

---Astral Chain---
Not playing that shit til it emulates 60 FPS on PC.

>no roles
yeah i'd say so.

Souls is like that for practically everyone. The two people I got into it said they didn't like it til around Gaping Dragon, when it suddenly clicks (I started them both with DS1).
My first experience was back in 2014 with DS1. I was 15 at the time, so I can't really remember what I thought of it originally. All I know is that I have 900 hours played now.

They apparently said it would get a sequel if it was successful, and it was, so expect one.

>end lag
Stopped there. I know everything prior to that was wrong and stupid too but god damn you showed your true retard colors there.

Exactly. And I'm referring to Great Shinobi Owl. He's a dirty and unapologetic bastard with a killer OST like you mentioned and perfectly balanced difficultly. I've been both Iishin and SS was a bit too difficult for my liking, oldie Ishiin was more fair and enjoyable for me, but Owls difficulty was just right, coupled with an interesting moveset. Highly enjoyable.
As far as Activision goes we know how western publishers love to milk the fuck out of sequels like with DS2 and 3, so yeah, I'm pretty sure Sekiro 2 is coming after Elden Ring although I would prefer another original game before Sekiro 2. Activisions influence on the game was negligible for the most part but some hints were eyerollingly stupid like when they tell you you can return to the main shrine using a homeward idol. Thanks retards, I could have figured that out on my own.

That's a gross oversimplification!

God I hope you're right but he looks like a beast. I really want to finish the game and give it another playthrough.

...goddamnit.

But agreed on the bosses, loved them all.

Never to this degree for me. Other games you could go level up or call for help and move on. This game just forces you to get better. It's a fantastic game but absolutely brutal.

Yes that is a male holding a sword

A masterpiece. It is beautiful. The game also communicates many things about what is loyalty and fidelity for someone and what does it mean for the Japanese. In my opinion it is the most japanese game in existence. The lore is also a mystery that maybe will never know completely.

On a technical level, I'm convinced after this experience that every boss is a psychological test of sorts for different types of players. It's impressive how different complex each boss and mini boss are. I died 40+ with real monk, 80+ with shura and 30+ Isshin. This is not a coincidence, somebody study this.

It is my first FROM game, and all user has said about the company is true. This game it is in fact, an unforgettable treasure.

Same for me. It's funny how Miyazakis games work. Probably because of how vastly unique his vision for a video games were at the time, aiming for a slower and methodical paced gameplay that seems quite common now. It really grows on you.

>The lore is also a mystery that maybe will never know completely.
I thought it was pretty clear

BROS I CAN'T FUGGING WAIT FOR ELDEN RING.

>That's a gross oversimplification!
It really isn't. The simplicity of Sekiro's combat becomes incredibly obvious once you beat all the hard bosses.

based retard
yes user 100 frames of end lag on simple attacks is totally reasonable and doesn't create an absurd gap between player input and game feedback at all.

Great Shinobi, yep. People talk about Father Owl more, but the one in the tower was the best.
>Shura
Are you referring to the Demon? He was a pain in the ass, but a lot of fun.

Fun fact: I was in Discord screen-sharing my game with a friend when I got to the Monk. I said "I'm gonna beat this first try, with the greatest of ease" and I actually did beat it first try. It was hilarious.
Glad you liked it if this was your first game from them. Go back and play the other Souls games. They're a lot slower, but you'll enjoy it.
From gets a lot of shit on Yea Forums for some reason, but I'm thinking that's just because Yea Forums is a loveless hellscape.

>Sword Saint Isshin is godlike. I've seen people complain that he's actually TOO hard and needs nerfed
No, they just needed to not make the player repeat Genichiro every try, and maybe give Isshin a little more health/posture to compensate. Father Owl is much harder than Isshin.

Loved the first Owl fight. Couldn't wait for the rematch until that rematch ruined my life for a few days.

That's the beauty of Sekiro. That it manages to be fun and difficult with only a jump / dodge / block / attack button.
People like From games because you have to devote to every swing. End lag is part of the game feel. I enjoy it.

can't you straight up cancel out of most attack animations with block

I beat Father Owl's ass in about five tries. He wasn't that difficult to me.
The average player should have Genichiro downloaded by the time they get to Isshin. You can beat him in about 30 seconds with no damage taken. He might as well not even exist. Same with Emma.

The game genuinely isn't difficult outside of maybe the 3 endgame bosses. On repeat playthroughs it's basically impossible to die because you realize that all you need to do is get up in a boss's face and beat the shit out of him constantly while parrying occasionally to win. The Lone Shadow minibosses are probably actually the only truly channeling opponents in the game.

DMC5

Attached: 20190915_220323.png (344x380, 156K)

>Breaker Switching
Why do people want this? The fun of 5 Nero is that there's risk / reward. Want a new arm? You gotta break your current one. It encourages you to use your Break Ages / Break Aways and play more recklessly, just like Nero would.

Attached: 1559961079528.png (994x910, 537K)

Its not like it used to be though. The commitment to actions in DS1 was absolutely uncompromising and to be honest I didn't hate it. I wished they had went back to that method for DS3 instead of using Bloodborne movement.

>Lone Shadow
I don't even know what those are. Are those the dudes that kick and have poison punches? They don't give me any issues anymore.

By the time I killed Isshin I was taking more damage from Genichiro that I was from Isshin's first phase. There's just something about his moveset that is incredibly annoying.

Yea. Sekiro gets an excuse for being quicker, since you're an actual ninja. I never really loved DS3's game feel, although I love the game as a whole. DS1 is probably my favorite of the three DS games.
For me, it's
DS1 = BB = Sekiro > the rest in no particular order

Lone Shadows become easy as piss when you realize you can Mikiri their kicks

>Are those the dudes that kick and have poison punches?
Yes. They are more difficult than Isshin imo

and I hate fromsoft games because of that. this is an action games thread.
they're not action games because they're slow and don't reward quick reaction as the game just doesn't respond. they're strategy games.
but in sekiro you have a contradiction in the controls because you have this nice guard that works really well. parrying is very responsive and reliable and rewards quick reaction even if the window is a bit generous it will even cancel the start frames of some things. and then the rest of the controls are these sluggish, clunky, super drawn out actions that just don't work at all in contrast.

>Lone Shadows become easy as piss when you realize you can Mikiri their kicks
That kick is probably the hardest move to Mikiri successfully in the game. Very long anticipation phase followed by very fast execution.

I don't really agree. Sekiro doesn't feel sluggish. He's a bit floaty, and he can't make really tight turns while sprinting, but that's about it.

Need me some john wick inspired vidya

True Crime Streets of LA might be close. Max Payne also comes to mind overall?

There's a lot going on in the game that has no answers

>why Sculptor, Sakura Dragon and Wolf have an arm missing?
>what is fountainhead palace?
>what is the relationship of Kuro with "The West" (China, Korea)?
> Who is the lady sleeping in fountainhead palace?
>what about the sculptor's friends? Is he or she from Europe?
>what is the Sakura Dragon?

I made my first run today, but I'm pretty sure some of this questions have no answers yet

Attached: 1568568347193.jpg (689x540, 33K)

I like changing up on the fly, and the way it is now is really limiting. I'd much rather they gave you four breakers at a time and you can swap between them, brraking upon the normal break causes already in the game.

I love the way it is now. The only thing I'd want them to change / improve is for every Breaker to have moves. Like a lock on + forward B, like Swordmaster moves for each Breaker. Keep the current system, though.

The fuck do you mean yikes? The gameplay is astounding. The only thing wrong with it is the last 2 hours of the game with backtracking and the garbage final boss. Other than that its probably the best in the series from a gameplay perspective.

The missing arm is just a theming thing (although, if I remember right, the Sculptor went berserk in the past, and Isshin was forced to cut off his arm)
Fountainhead Palace is just where the Rejuvinating Waters come from; it's close to the Divine Realm, and everyone there is mutated due to their proximity to immortality / the divine
Sculptor's friend is dead; the finger you get from the Guardian Ape is actually the finger of his friend

>why Wolf has an arm missing
...user

I think he's asking why they all have it, like it's a curse or something
We know why Sculptor doesn't have it, but I don't think it says why the Dragon's arm is shrunken

All games released this year were garbage. I forgot I even played Sekiwho and Dmc5 was fucking forgettable as hell with dull level design and bland environments.

Attached: feet deepthroat.webm (360x640, 2.56M)

well there is an out-of-game reason
b e r s e r k r e f e r e n c e

>why Sculptor and Wolf have an arm missing?

Attached: shikamarusigh.gif (400x225, 595K)

congratulations on having the worst opinion on Yea Forums right now

This is actually one of the most chill and vidya-ful threads I've seen on this board in days. Do not desecrate it with your shitposts.

Attached: __ashina_genichirou_sekiro_shadows_die_twice_drawn_by_cdash817__fb803e2c13df17809965532af1b7d741.jpg (2054x1371, 1.34M)

Sorry for not conforming to your hivemind, faggot.
Honestly could not give a fuck about what you think.
As usual, the pure uncut Gold ORE that is Dmc3 and 1 will never be replicated again.

WHERE'S MY DLC, FROMSOFT? WHERE IS IT?????

Attached: 20190915220923_1.jpg (1920x1080, 300K)

>pure uncut Gold ORE
mixing metaphors pretty hard there bud

Bro, I'm not trying to flame you, but this thread is for chill vidya discussion. You posting a webm of a man eating feet while calling other people faggot does not contribute to the discussion.

I love DMC3 and DMC1, but I thought DMC5 was great. What didn't you like about it, exactly? I don't see how anyone who calls themselves a DMC fan could have disliked it; it was like a celebration of the entire series.

Attached: 1559708107131.png (390x398, 202K)

you are literally saying DMC1 and 3 are unrefined

A statement which is true, as proven by DMC5 refining and elevating the series.

Attached: 1568158668813.png (433x433, 211K)

Oh, sorry bro. I just got a little rowdy, I don't know what came over me.
I just think 5 could was you know. Quite forgettable with the environments and level design. I have nothing to say about gameplay since it was 11/10 and the difficulties added some crazy shot I had to get used to in certain levels. And with Sekiro, the game felt "unlocked" so to speak, as soon as you realised the power in parrying and looking at the game as something that isn't dark souls where you roll away.
Yeah I fucked up very hard. You know what I mean though.

This change in attitude is so sudden. Going from saying Sekiwho to praising the game? You might not even be the same guy. Even so, I'd agree that DMC5's level design is a bit flat and straight-forward. But that's fine. It's just an excuse to get from fight to fight, which is what makes the game good, anyway. And it just has a setting that it sticks to: destroyed cities and the Qliphoth. I had no problems with that.

Attached: __emma_the_gentle_blade_sekiro_shadows_die_twice_drawn_by_cdash817__80d4ae500e83457f2b730ca78a4fb909 (2054x1371, 1.17M)

just don't respond to him
I don't think its getting dlc they usually announce dlc in September but we still haven't heard anything about especially with the over(?) its not looking like it

>all this DMC5 and Sekiro discussion
>nobody talking about Astral Chain
What would you have changed about the game? I know that lot of people love it, myself included, but I almost wish that the investigative stufff was almost entirely optional, so people who dislike it wouldn't be forced into it.
The OST kicks ass, though.
youtube.com/watch?v=b81M5Q01uzE

Attached: __lappy_and_marie_wentz_astral_chain_drawn_by_azuumori__bebbb9ab6fdf05821b344084de5af050.jpg (900x1274, 391K)

AC, just like Nier: A, is a niche game.
I actually DON'T want the investigative stuff to be optional.
I like that the game isn't afraid of being what it wants to be.
I DON'T want AC to pander to the people that didn't like it, else it would just be another Bayo wannabee.

They should have a brute force / stupid option where you can bypass investigation / due process at the cost of duty points.

Man, Emma's fight was way too easy. This two-bosses-in-a-row shit gotta stop. I rather fight a 3 health bars Emma and then fight Isshin in a separate fight.

Attached: 20190909205743_1.jpg (1920x1080, 168K)

I actually loved the investigation stuff.
Also Astral Chain is way more niche than Sekiro and DMC5.

Emma has no special powers. It'd be strange to see her survive a single deathblow. She's just a well-trained person; Isshin and Genjuro have in-universe superpowers.

Nah it's me. You really made me think when you said don't shitpost. I came in with hyperbole and half truths.
For me, Dmc 5 is like a chinese son telling his dad he got As when he wanted a+ essentially. It's purely nitpicking, but I feel like it has some validity. And regarding sekiro, I just needed something to mix things up. I really don't know what, because there's also the fact that if they added different mechanics, the original parry mechanic may not have been as fleshed out as it was.

Would love to play AC but it's on switch so I'll just wait to emulate it.

me on the left

neither does those mini-bosses but they still take 2 deathblows.

Attached: 20190915222228_1.jpg (1920x1080, 438K)

I need those close quarter gun fistfights though
Metal gear cqc is a joke

Isshin doesn't have powers, he's just strong from his experience and training. He is rebirthed from the Black Blade I believe by Genichiro but that isn't his power.
She might be weak but the grab hitbox is broke as fuck. Haven't seen hit detection that bad since the damn Iron Golem grab from DS1.

I, too, like to occasionally flame / shitpost, but I'm digging this thread. There's no bullshit in here. I'm OP, too, so it feels especially good.
People think that threatening to emulate will upset people, but I sincerely hope you enjoy it when you do get around to emulating it. It's a lot of fun.
Isshin can light shit on fire on command, though.

Attached: __akira_howard_lappy_and_marie_wentz_astral_chain__4118f69ee10ecbe8c3a90a7eea3f2e59.jpg (3042x2420, 1.43M)

>I just needed something to mix things up
Sekiro's simplicity is what makes it good. If it had command moves / specials beyond the standard combat arts, it'd be completely different.
I wonder how Elden Ring is gonna turn out.

what's the problem with her grab? she does the grabbing anmation super slow. You can either jump over her or just run away. Also she has the cutest grab in the game. I fought her for the first time in a charmless NG+2 run and she has the only grab that doesn't oneshot you. Isshin did the same thing and it broke my spine.

Attached: 20190908214742_1.jpg (1920x1080, 400K)

Emma and Isshin's grab is hard to dodge without just getting the fuck back. Sidestepping it is difficult. I just fought them again today, and it's the only move(s) that I couldn't evade 100%.

Loved DMC5, loved Astral Chain, funnily enough they share their biggest flaw which is that the scoring systems are fucked up.
I really hated Sekiro. By the end I felt like I had to beat it just so I could pin down exactly why I didn't enjoy myself at all, but afterwards I'm just so tired of it.

What didn't you like about it exactly?

Where THE FUCK is the sequel, Itsuno??

Attached: overview.jpg (1200x1079, 294K)

I've tried once or twice to get into this game but man that initial 30 minutes to an hour is a fucking slog. I've been meaning to try it again but the late game coop I've seen from webm threads and other combat looks really good but I haven't gotten around to it.
This is a PS4 screenshot isn't it? Man that lighting is bad.

The only of them that gave me trouble was the one who had a teammate, but it became a cakewalk once I realized I could just mortal blade his buddy to death.

It's coming, now that DMC5 is done
Next year is the earliest you'll hear about it though

Dragon's Dogma is boring for the first couple hours, but it really picks up around the mid-game. I know that's a bad recommendation, but it applies. Once you get enough levels to mess around in Bitterblack Isle, it becomes very fun.

PC max settings. That background looks like shit, but it only happens in that fight, I think.

Attached: 20190903000155_1.jpg (1920x1080, 338K)

I thought that running around in the levels was bad because the stealth is completely barebones and basically all of the mooks are utterly trivial. You hit their block a couple of times and their posture immediately maxes out and you invulnerable deathblow. The grappling hook is also a big part of the game and it's the most boring implementation possible, all you do is point it at designated grapple spots and launch there immediately. No sense of momentum or any thought required. It's so much worse than something like Tenchu.

The other problem is I fundamentally don't enjoy the combat. The problem I have with it is that the main things you do in the game are mash attack on a boss's block and then parry their attacks to build posture. It felt like every boss boiled down to learning its weird delayed attack timings, like some kind of rhythm game with no music and deliberately awkward pauses. Then basically every boss in the game is a multiphase affair, and the other phases introduce some other attack that again has some bizarre timing. It all felt extremely samey, and I didn't like it to begin with.

Lighting looks mediocre at a distance in Sekiro, even on max. It's very crisp up close, though.

Yep. The game is all about timing / patterns / rhythm. That's one of the things I like about it, though. It is one of those games where you can absolutely download an opponent and enter /thezone/ after you learn their patterns / rhythm. I enjoy it, but I can see how some people don't. There's not much freedom during boss fights.

DMC5
Astral Chain
Nier Automata

I think that is a good observation, it's just so limited. There's a couple of specific things that really bothered me. One thing I noticed was that every boss seems to have some kind of extremely punishing tracking move if you're trying to stay back and observe the pattern, so you really are always better served by mashing on their block. The other thing is that you can very rarely force openings to happen. Like if you try to circumvent Owl's block by doing your thrust attack, he just kills you with a counter. Why?

The entire combat system is completely defense-based because your parry is so efficient at building posture, and your own posture can't be maxed out if you're parrying. It gives the screen of aggression because you hit their block, but it's not real because you're not actually trying to hit them.

Every fight with a human with a weapon just felt like the exact same thing with slightly different annoying timings. By the time Isshin rolled around, I was so done with it. I think the only boss that I actually liked was Demon of Hatred.

>talk to Kuro
>given a Yes / No option
>hit the Yes option
>Sekiro refuses
>forced to hit the No option

Attached: 1566757176205.jpg (503x337, 23K)

is there even a way to chose the first option? i think there's a way to pick it but people haven't discovered it yet.

Attached: 20190901194450_1.jpg (1920x1080, 289K)

>follow me, wolf
>walks 6 steps to the left

Attached: 3514090-9931753052-latest.png (447x480, 129K)

hopefully it's the next major release from capcom.

I think you actually lose posture more quickly if you mash deflect. A loading screen mentions it. You're meant to learn the pattern and be methodical, potentially over the course of multiple deaths - hence the ressurection system.
I like how Owl can Mikiri you, since he's your mentory, and you've been using that move all game. It was surprising when it first happened.
When they block you, they usually block a certain amount of times before actually deflecting you. Attacking a blocking opponent isn't so much about dealing posture damage. It's more about instigating their deflect into a combo that you can parry yourself.
You're right that it all feels somewhat similar. I just liked the core combat that it makes it fun for me personally. I can see how people don't like it.

*resurrection

You're right in that you can't mash deflect (sort of, the timing is very loose on some attacks), but I was talking about mashing attack on their block. You do it at all times and the problem I have with it is that it has basically taken over what positioning used to do (baiting out attacks), except it's completely linear and braindead. There's a really obvious parry effect when they are going to start attacking.

The thing about parrying the specific attack timings of bosses is that I really absolutely loathe the awkward attack animations that FROM has abused to make their games "difficult." They're unintuitive, look retarded, and they're only there to kill you a handful of times until you "get it." It's the very definition of cheap, it's just some bullshit designed to make you flinch or screw with your reflexive response. A perfect example is Isshin's iai draw attack after a combo. The natural response to the lull is to think the combo is over and try to get a hit in, but you can't, he super armors your hit and then instantly kills you. It's just some bullshit designed to kill you the first time if you're unaware that he's going to do that. Where is the fairness in any of this? Compare it to something like Metal Gear Rising, which was also about timing parries, but it never once tries to trip you up with stupid delays and it's still very satisfying. So why does FROM still do this?

It's fair. Delayed attacks aren't inherently unfair.
>designed to kill you the first time if you're unaware that he's going to do that
You can say this about anything in any game, ever. You don't know what's going to happen when you go into a fight, so you should expect to be learning things throughout the course of several attempts. Dying is part of the learning experience in these games.

Bro, get your keyboard fixed

God Hand
Tie between Wonderful 101, Astral Chain, and DMCV. It's really difficult to choose.
God Hand

Praise Mikami. I wish he'd have more involvement in the recent Tango game.

Attached: 1504237699896.jpg (400x400, 23K)

Devil May Cry 6

I think miyazaki hates making sequels so his sequels are always either worse than the first game (Dark souls 2) or lack soul (dark souls 3). A Sekiro sequel would fail to deliver

never played astral chain

DMC is basically just a combat toybox for me. More games = more toys in the box. no downside to it for me.

Attached: garfelf.png (693x702, 398K)

These bastards right here were the worst culprits for me. People will ultimately defend them and we're just forced to learn it but when a common enemies moveset consists entirely of weird delayed attacks it gets really fucking annoying to fight, especially with how hard they hit. SS Isshin is pretty bad in that regard too, its the main reason I dread fighting him. Its fair but its a cheap tactic to make a fight harder and it feels like bullshit every time.

Essentially I would rather die to well telegraphed and transparent attacks than "wait for it... wait for it... wait fo- and you're dead" attacks. Maybe a delayed attack every now and then is acceptable but whole movesets around it are not.

Attached: om2fofo3hvw21.jpg (640x837, 86K)

you're just bad mate

I think that if Sekiro was really the budget title it has been made out to be and the one game aside to not receive DLC (aside from DeS which was different being the first installment and the most niche one) then he will have planned to make a sequel based on the reception, and I would actually expect this one to be much better. I don't see how it would be possible to make the sequel worse unless they tried.

I think it is unfair because it's deliberately bad telegraphing. You can't say that about anything in any game because it wouldn't be true. For example, I just spent like 2-3 hours beating the final boss of Astral Chain on Pt Ultimate. That's probably as many attempts as I spent on anything in Sekiro, but it never felt cheap, even though nearly every single one of his attacks is an instant kill and he has two phases. The reason why I didn't get frustrated is because everything he does is consistently telegraphed. Having to get blindsided by something to know it's something you have to look out for is the definition of cheap.

I don't know what to tell ya, then. I beat Noah Prime in about thirty minutes, too.

Attached: 1568467445090.jpg (319x324, 20K)

Its not about how easy or hard or how long it takes you to beat it its about the experience you have beating the fight. Some fights are easy but frustrating and others can be hard but enjoyable based on a ton of factors and poor telegraphing is a major one.

Who knows? I've never gotten frustrated at anything in Souls games, even if I get stuck. It always felt fair, even if things were delayed / "funky". And I've always had fun.
Even if you die learning a boss's weird-ass pattern, the feeling of finally ascending and realizing you have it all down is one-of-a-kind, and Sekiro really capitalizes on that.

I feel like going down a boss's list of gotchas until I win is just not worthwhile anymore. Other games have elements of this, but they often have rich offensive and defensive options where learning a boss fight can lead to other big revelations about how the systems work in other places, and it leads you to becoming a better player in general. After I beat a boss in Sekiro, I felt like I "got gud" at that one boss in Sekiro. And nothing else.

Eh, I get a different kind of satisfaction from these games than most people. Whereas most others are let-down by beating a boss on the first attempt I greatly enjoy the feeling of my skill and competency paying off in defeating a boss within the first two or three tries, with a few exceptions like Great Shinobi Owl who I enjoy fighting over and over. After all, boss battles are benchmark tests, and sure, you can complete them. But can you really say you /beat/ them when it took a bunch of tries to do it?

In any case, if nothing frustrates you in the games more power to you. I think most other players will have different experiences though.

It's still possible to do that. I beat Corrupted Monk on my first try, and I beat Sword Saint Isshin in maybe five tries. Maybe I'm just good at these types of games at this point, but I never found anything in Sekiro blatantly frustrating / unfair.

>a good thread on Yea Forums
Just wanna say thanks to all your based anons before this thread vanishes.

Attached: 1558396027695.jpg (716x1024, 70K)

There was an action game that had a lot of kung fu, I believe it used the right analog stick as part of its combat. It was on the PS2.

People keep talking about how stupid it is that the game keeps hiding another phase after you exhaust all the deathblow dots on a boss.
>Lady Butterfly
>Genichiro
>Ape
>Isshin
>Shura Isshin
That's 5/14 bosses not following the game's rule. I like the surprise so it doesn't matter anyway.
I also like that in the Japanese version of Sekiro, the Folding Screen Monkey boss name is "Seeing Monkey, Hearing Monkey, Speaking Monkey, " with the comma at the end to give a hint to player that the last monkey is probably invisible.

you suck

Attached: ministry samurais.webm (800x450, 2.99M)

I wanna fuck Lord Kuro's bp

sekiro>dmc5>ac

wat

Yeah tales of vesperia shits on all those games you mentioned.

Dont name a garbage game like dmc5 with goty contenders like sekiro and AC in the same sentence

I wanna fuck his boipoucci

Looks like you prefer button smashers to tactical skilldemanding combat systems

You mean the one in the dojo?
you can sneak in and puppeteer his buddy for a 2v1 pub special

to be fair emma inherits a bunch of moves from isshin, so it's more like a model+phase change than an entirely new boss

eww doo doo comes out from there

Yeah, a better sequel would be easy, they have their work laid out for them
>make prosthetics and moves actually useful and semi-mandatory and let you regen spirit emblems in combat or something
>make loot that's not just cheap consumables
>make stealth less cheap
>make platforming/roping less autopilot
>make fodder enemies less pathetically easy (although some parts were actually hard)
>make alt weapons and costumes
>make pvp
also more cryptic lore shit would be cool

Actually he is the canon ending has you sticking your sword into his body.

God of War
God of War
can't think of any, the music always kinda sucks in action games

Attached: GOW.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

Thoughts on action games
>DMC5
My GOTY so far. Improves on 3 and 4 and fixes almost all of their issues. V kinda sucks on DMD difficulty though.
>Sekiro
Underwhelming. A good game for sure, but too safe and too simple. Lost it's luster for me on repeat playthroughs
>Astral Chain
Pretty good effort, feels like Platinum's staff is learning a lot and this is the product. Replaying missions on Platinum Ultimate is kind of a pain though. Good post-game.
A couple I all hold in very high regard: DMC1, Ninja Gaiden Black, TW101, DMC5.
If by recent then you mean the last two years then probably the three mentioned in your post, DMC5 being at the top and then Sekiro and Astral Chain tied
DMC1, MGR, DMC2

Attached: 1567022302383.jpg (1196x660, 119K)

This is by far the best thread on Yea Forums right now

Attached: thumbsupgif.gif (400x300, 1.43M)

Attached: multiparry.webm (960x540, 3M)

Both DMC5 and Sekiro are fantastic action games imo and I think both will be just as fondly remembered as Devil May Cry 3 and Ninja Gaiden Black.

In fact all these 14 year olds throwing shit at the other game reminds be a lot of the DMC/NG rivarly back in the day.

I got stuck at some old lady beating the fuck out of me in a canyon full of snipers before I quit.

I did one-shot Lady Butterfly or whatever she was called at least. My only proud moment in the game.

You mean snake-eyes? She's pretty brutal if you don't know her moves, especially given the small area you have to fight her safely in. My suggestion for you is to try and take her on later, there should be plenty of memories and prayer beads to pick up elsewhere.

Thanks.

How the fuck do I get past the snipers then? There's like 20 of them firing at intervals where I can barely safely avoid them. One time I managed to cross the bridge and even then when I climbed back up I got shit on anyhow.

cover, plus you can parry bullets. You just have to be very aware of the positioning of everyone, but it's not that difficult of a segment compared to shit like the nightjars the first time you fight them on that part above the stairs

sneak over them with your grappling hook and fight snake eyes 1v1 near the fog wall, where they don't detect you

you're thinking of the one in the poison swamp, not the one in the sniper valley

Oh. In that case just go fast and zip up to (the other) Snake Eyes as quickly as possible with your grappling hook, because the little area where you fight her is out of sight from the snipers. Just keep moving

Three way tie between Ninja Gaiden Black, DMC3, and Bayonetta. Honorable mention goes to MGR and RE4 (if that counts)
DMC5 has been fucking amazing so far. I still need to try out some other games but it’s gonna be hard to top this one for me.
DMC3

Attached: neku thumbs up.jpg (1136x640, 114K)

>lacks some of 4's depth and tech because of a lot of needless limitations and bad design.
Retard, I swear the people bitching about reversals or inertia never even played DMC4 all that much. They barely see any use when you're not comboing immortal scarecrows.

Bloodborne
Sekiro
Prince of Persia Two thrones

I CAN NOW QUAD S AT WILL ON DMD, I AM ASCENDED

Attached: 1539783575996.gif (248x180, 804K)

V is good and Urizen is a great boss fight simply because fighting him as Dante or Nero are totally different experiences. I only wish they gave him more melee attacks.

Quad S is such an amazing mechanic.

I thought Sin DT felt kind of weird because it broke the pace of the combat so much but once I unlocked Quad S I understood exactly what the game designers were doing.

There's nothing more orgasmic than taking an enemy into the air with Cavaliere, mashing them with the b combo and then landing in SDT Inferno.

Hell, I could list any combo and then add 'and then ending with-' and it'd still feel just as amazing.

Also, swords formation makes Dante so much more fun in general. Figuring out how the swords alter each of your sword moves, using them to protect you when you're about to drop a mega cascade on a Hell Judecca, being able to move with your fuck you shield in Royal Guard. It's all great.

My favorite is when I find a quick way to reach SSS in a boss fight, (Royalguarding the blast with Goliath, Artemis, and Urizen for example) it's the best shit ever.
youtube.com/watch?v=uL_BZxTuv4I

I didn't like the investigative stuff because it felt pointless. At most it gave you a good idea of which Legion you'd be encountering in that stage, but really all boiled down to "yeah, there's some weird Astral Plane shit going on here, this is our jurisdiction".
It's not really like you were actually solving any mysteries, you could've tracked down each gate with a Legion or something and it would've made no difference.

BB is not a real action game. Action games don't have stamina

>the music always kinda sucks in action games
What kind of music do you like? Cause I think many action games have great music.
>Bayonetta 1 and 2
>DMC1, 2, 3 and even DmC

>last 2 hours of the game with backtracking
nigga thats the entire second half of the game, not 2 hours.
>Other than that its probably the best in the series from a gameplay perspective
Nero was improved in 5 and Dante has better weapons in 5. There is literally no reason for you to prefer 4 over 5.

Attached: 1564291974126.jpg (254x283, 12K)

Leave the guy alone, user. Each could have their preferences, even if for the wrong reasons.

Attached: c27bb6a1a13283a3f8786c1e0fe01877.jpg (2204x3140, 654K)

Started playing sekiro this weekend
Should I do ashina castle or senpou temple first?

The two final missions in DMC5 is unironically one of the greatest and most cathartic gaming moments I have ever experienced.

A decade of blue balls finally unleashing in a fucking spectacular finale. I rarely ever get goose bumps anymore but when The Duel started playing and I started hearing those DMC3 Vergil theme samples I knew the game was a 10/10.

Attached: 1560946599919.jpg (1400x757, 282K)

I didn't have the time to finish either Sekiro or DMC5
>Favorite
NG2
>Favorite recent
Probably DMC5
>OST
Metal Gear Rising

Attached: 1564491161649.jpg (773x721, 116K)

>DMC3 sample themes
wait what

ashina, the temples final boss is locked until you beat the ashina boss

Since the game is 4 hours long you're both right, technically

>no character customization
>no stats
>no progression system
you're a literal brainlet

Is there a functioning version of style switcher for DMC3 HD? The latest version crashes every time I get to the second part of the arkham fight

>DMC3 sample themes

Listen to [0:43]

It plays parts of the classic Vergil melody in 3 [1:01]
youtube.com/watch?v=1Mi11pfUUrk

I hope arani comes out soon.

everyone except sculptor and maybe Genichiro sound like shit

>I wish you could only change your combat art / prosthetic tools at the Idols instead of at any time
Why in the hell would anyone want this??
The one thing that made Sekiro not be a 10/10 for me is that the prosthetics were incredibly underwhelming and you could only equip 1 combat art at a time. Jesus christ, just let us map multiple combat arts to different button combination. This game is packed with lost potential.

>I think miyazaki hates making sequels so his sequels are always either worse than the first game (Dark souls 2) or lack soul (dark souls 3). A Sekiro sequel would fail to deliver
He clearly didn't want to make more souls at the time but was contractually obligated to. I still think DS2 is a better sequel than most sequels we get nowadays in that it takes things from the original but isn't defined by it and stands on its own merits. Plus it is quite different in many mechanical aspects too. I hate sequels that are just more of the same shit.
I am glad we're not getting Sekiro 2 now though.

Do you think DS3 was made to redeem the fuck up that is DS2 or was it something he was genuinely inspired to make?

She can be whoever she wants to be

He said before that he got the desire to make more souls when he finished bloodborne, but it makes me think it's bullshit considering the end result was sucking off ds1 popularity in the worst ways.
Mind you, I don't think ds2 was a fuck up in the sense others do. I think it was a rushed release yea, but to abandoned all the things it did better than the original for the subpar than both result that is 3 was a bigger fuck up in my opinion.
At this point I'm just happy we're not getting any more for the time being. Better off to work on other stuff before he repeats ds1 even more.

When Ruan Jia strikes, your eyes physically feel it.

I wouldn't exactly agree with you. DS3 actually takes a *ton* of influence from Bloodborne which makes sense.
>Both games have a way stronger/deeper kegare theme (Healing Church/Church of the Deep)
>Both games focus on beast type enemies and faster combat than 1
>Both have a dirtier, more rotten aesthetic than 1
>Holy/religious themes are played up compared to 1

While 3 uses a lot of the same ideas and figures 1 had, they're all focused through more of a BB lens than a DS lens.

As said though, I'm delighted we're not getting a sequel. Miyazaki games tend to be samey anyway so having new products/innovations works better than just a direct sequel.

Sekiro has been rather disappointing for me. The game expect you to play the whole attack-deflect-counter red kanji thing but then throws at you bosses that don't actually use it. Even then, for bosses that do use it you'll better off mashing LMB half the time to hit them out of dashes and attacks. Mini-bosses being reused so heavily is just tiring, with about half of them being trivial. Combat arts are a joke with only a couple worth using, why aren't they available all simultaneously? Exp and gold loss system is pointless grind, same with dragonrot which is also an awful mechanic to boot. In general, why the fuck there are so many things in Sekiro that are just pointless? So many useable items that you don't need, so many prosthetics that are extremely situational, so many combat arts that are unnecessary once you have Ichimonji. And then people have the gall to call this game hard, when you're barely ever threatened if you mash deflect.

Attached: s3q2ynkv2o5oniz59gsd.jpg (960x720, 43K)

One of the Ninja Gaidens, can't decide

Sekiro

>favorite recent action game that i played because your words can be easily misinterpreted
Onimusha 2

I also can't choose, maybe Zone of the Enders. Even games that i hate can fall in this category.

>favorite action game to hate because it's garbage and the janitor can gag on my balls
God Hand

Attached: disgust.png (1920x1080, 1.47M)

>DMC5, Sekiro, and Astral Chain
Only one of these is an action game.
Sekiro is a rhythm and stealth RPG
Astral Chain is Fischer Price presents a Blue's Clues adventure featuring Gendo from NGE

and DMC5 is a low enemy count musou.