Feeling buyers remorse for getting Blasphemous. Is this game any good? Been eyeing it for some time

Feeling buyers remorse for getting Blasphemous. Is this game any good? Been eyeing it for some time.

Attached: 158686699.jpg (1024x576, 72K)

Yes

It's worth getting just for that feeling you get while trying to survive your first few nights.

It's fun. The devs were even cool enough to put up a torrent of their own game on ThePirateBay when it came out so people wouldn't risk getting keyloggers or anything like that

I have yet to continue where I left, is OK but tedious at a time with its SLOW movement speed.

If you like psychological horror, minor random generation, decissions that lead to a decent branding story with several endings and no scripted jumpscares

Then yes, get this game.

Finish the last game you bought before playing the next one

I'm trying to be more cautious with my purchases thank you for the input. Can't wait for more in this thread

Attached: tumblr_o3ogq8GE7E1sr6y44o1_r1_500.jpg (500x500, 108K)

Secure all your shelters so you will be able to spend the night, don't bother with some of the perks and get the sight upgrade first.

some anons may have seen my posts but i literally just finished this last night. I'd say it's definitely worth it.
I paid 11 or 12 dollars on it for the switch so i don't know how it's different on pc. It is really comfy in handheld mode in the dark. It's a long game that takes a lot of time to play. The atmosphere and ambiance is perfect. It is top-down and doesn't have any jumpscares (except for maybe a few enemy screams that made me shit my pants) yet it is still pretty dreadful and disturbing (in a good way). All NPC's are killable and much of the game does revolve around many of your decisions. The combat can seem pretty bullshitty at times but it's more about what you do rather than how it works.
If you like survival horror it's almost perfect. I really hope we get another like it.

what was bad about Blasphemous?

He didn't git good

>that feeling you get while trying to survive your first few nights.
they handled the nights so well in this game. It is definitely the best during the first few nights, but i love how fresh they stay after you switch between the areas and with the random night events.
>tfw it's the 3rd night in the first area and you see a banshee for the first time

Attached: 648.png (1280x720, 916K)

I've played Bloodstained, Hollow Knight, all the Metroidvanias and classic Castlevanias, SUper Metroid, Salt and Sanctuary and Shantae Pirates curse and HGH. I bring these up to show I am an avid fan of these types of games and something about Blasphemous didn't click with me. I can't explain it but maybe if I get further in it'll be better. I am about 1 hour in is that too short and it gets way better. Asking honestly

Attached: 1562904306108.jpg (900x889, 464K)

The only thing I will hate always is weapon degradation.

Certain platforming segments are BS thanks to the way mobility as a whole was implemented.

How was bloodstained? Should I buy it for ps4, or pc pirate it?

I would recommend it on PC thanks to modding.

Great game and if you don't want to pirate it, it's currently in the spooky bundle on Humble Bundle for $4 with a few other games.

Probably one of the few good ones in tier 2, the rest are walking sims and Beholder 2, Butcher sucks.

It's basically like Aria of Sorrow so if you liked that you'll like it. Also Miriam is a cute

Attached: 81aab174c68cd471033d0310978bfb2f.png (1600x2400, 3.4M)

Thank you for the recommendation. I hadn't considered modding.

Attached: 1496946378466.jpg (700x600, 48K)

Get the improved drop tables to avoid frustration and farming.

it serves it's purpose on making the game more intense, and even then the guns luckily don't have degradation. At least you can upgrade some weapons to be more durable too.

My problem is usually how it is never implemented correctly, certain materials should never degrade too fast.

I just finished Blasphemous about 30 mins ago.

It was all around meh.

The setting of the world was a nice idea but it felt bland all the time , there wasnt enough "world" to latch on.
The art is way worse than i expected from the trailer , while the bosses and the mc are decently defined everything else is a blurry mess.
The dialogue is pants on head retarded its the definition of trying too hard , with an overuse of old english that when pronounced by the voice actors sounds stupid.
There was never anything clever about the maps of any of the zones and the scarcity of teleports made a lot of the travelling skullbreakingly boring.
The way you manage the skills that let you access new zones is one of the most stupids i have ever seen , these are all passives that alter the world in some form but you can only have 3 of them active at once. So you have whichever 3 you want and when you see a miasma fog go to the menu unequip one and equip the miasma one , totally unnecessary.
The bosses were ALL , NO EXCEPTION pretty damn easy , the hardest one for me took me 4 tries with a lot of them dying first blind try.
The combat is pretty simple and nothing to write home about , the "parry" is pretty cool with a lot of bosses having an attack you can parry.

So yeah i didnt love my time with it but it wasnt like walking on legos , it was just meh.

Sorry if the English isnt spot on , its not my first language.

I'M STILL MAD

Attached: the trader.png (400x578, 357K)

Something I was complaining on the past thread is the baby boss thingy and how it just serves no purpose design wise, is like having a giant squid boss and defeating it by chopping a single tentacle.

The baby is just there for the scene you see in the trailer of him splitting the MC in twine (if you get hit by the sting of the boss after the baby has cried /marked the ground).

Bosses were super disappointing.

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 9K)

>help him build his rocket
>come back later and find that he and the rocket are gone
>'oh wow that's sort of cool and funny haha'
>tfw you find him dead in his crashed rocket while in the swamp area
actually made me really sad desu

Attached: piotrek.jpg (909x1050, 146K)

No it's shit and we all know it's the same OP as always

Precisely, I would have expected a bit more from certain bosses, some others were "eh" like the giant charred head with two floating hands, the giant skeleton being carried was somewhat less stupid but then you wonder if there were many giant bodies down there holding it up.