Is it really the best grand strategy game?

Is it really the best grand strategy game?

Attached: Crusader-Kings-II.jpg (400x400, 37K)

its great for roleplay but not much else, everything is event-based and it won't be long until you've seen them all a dozen times over

My friend has over 5000 hours into this game.
It must have something good to it

thats not true though.

Raped by DLC.

EU3 is better.

It sadly is, sure some are specific to cultures/religions/whatever but the bulk of events are so common that in your first playthrough you'll see repetitions rather quickly, even in a single lifetime.

I've played for 300 hours and no one has ever threatened my position or territories
it's just too easy, does the game get better or is it always this bad?

Not the best, but one of the most fun and comfy to get into.

used to be so much fucking harder
too many new game mechanics made it too easy to stack modifiers

so you're going to tell me that you don't have the hermetic and religious order events practically memorized at this point?

>get big
>form empire within 100 years without effort
>suddenly strongest nation in the game and it gets boring
only vassals keep me at bay, good thing I don't have the shitty dlc where you have to babysit every single vassal

That would be Dominions 5.

Its not really a grand strategy game. Most people play it more like a choose your own adventure story.

How does one make a game with as much depth as Dwarf fortress?

I found it to be shallow & pedantic.

Attached: shallow.jpg (768x576, 74K)

buddy i got 1k hours on ck2 and europa and i now i dont even bother reading the event. Its so bad i can just read the first sentence and know which option is the best to pick

Hardest time I had in-game was when my succession fucked up because I conquered a second kingdom and my territories were split between my brother and me when my character died, meaning I had to kill my brother and reintegrate all of the territories in kingdom 2, this took a while, but it was exceptionally easy since I inherited all of the wealth while my brother got nothing, it was also very frustrating since I forgot to execute my brother after capturing him, causing my kingdom to view me as a tyrannt when I manually killed my brother, and causing kingdom 2 to forever dislike me a fuck ton more than my original kingdom 1, after that I had 2 sons again and had to choose between killing one of them or splitting in to two kingdoms again, lets just say it isn't really all that boring.

Make a 4X game.

Attached: 4253-master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares-dos-front-cover.jpg (800x967, 158K)

The AI is retarded (obviously), game mechanics encourage splitting of blobs if you don't know what you're doing; and the AI doesn't know what it's doing, at all. If you minmax shit you get better and better characters, while making sure your empire won't break. Meanwhile the AI gets more and more inbred and retarded and their characters never really improve.
Only real 'difficult' moments once you got going are invasions (Mongols and Aztecs).
The game is really fun if you don't blob and don't try to create grorious Germania. Roleplay, don't reload, create inbred monstrosities and put them in charge, destroy the blobs you formed by switching to another character, play through original starting positions then switch to something else once you've stabilized the situation, basically try fun shit rather than minmaxing everything. Just don't count on the AI to play the game as you do because it never will.

Why does no engine have machine learning tools integrated natively yet?

I dob't know, why haven't you made such an engine already?

if you only play in western Europe it will be easy as fuck.

Why would I play the irrelevant nations outside of western Europe though?

im too autistic to play this game but it looks fun from all the stories i hear about it. i got the base game for free but no DLC. what do

get the dlc files and dlc unlocker and have it all for free

Yes, it has something for everybody from noobs to the genre to tryhard who want to paint b the map.

Be the jews and try to reclaim the holy land.

b-but I don't have the dlc to play as gods chosen people

b-but I don't want a virus

cyka blyat no virus is good

no
Paradox GS is basic tier for the sub 80 IQ crowd