Yea Forums absolutely BTFO'd

Yea Forums absolutely BTFO'd

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-15 (4) Bill Simmons on Twitter Why ‘The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time’ Will (576x584, 305K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/GJURt
theringer.com/2017/3/15/16041746/best-video-game-since-ocarina-of-time-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-5e7406db1ec8
youtube.com/watch?v=v3FSsNA78iI
youtu.be/JYiSgCtk9F4?t=1713
panzerdragoonlegacy.com/articles/panzer-dragoon-saga-action-replay-codes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't hate the game, i just think it's held in high regard by people that don't really play that many games.
Imagine playing 10 games, and declaring one of them to be the best game ever made.
The kind of person that thinks OOT is the best game ever made, tend to be that kind of person.

It doesn't help that in general i don't especially like Zelda games, they're ok.
My favorite Zelda game is Okami.

Attached: OkamiHD.jpg (2688x1512, 1.25M)

It's the opposite, the people who shit on OOT don't play very many games & are desperate to make themselves feel special by shitting on a game they never played

I feel like I would care about ocarina of time more if I had explored the world more. I missed out on a ton of side stuff I didn't even know existed

What makes you say people who like OOT only played 10 games? I definitely think they’re blinded by nostalgia, but people who played OOT back then probably played tons of games.

Most people don't shit on OOT, they just don't think OOT is the best game ever.
That is enough for OOT fans to get offended because their ego has the fortitute of a wet paper bag apparently.

You only see people shitting on OOT on Yea Forums, and Yea Forums doesn't count because Yea Forums shits on any game anyway.

The truth is somewhere in the middle.

If I wanted to watch a slide show power point I'd just stay at work.

> Most People
A few contrarian autists on Yea Forums don't count as "Most" people

I've played OOT one time in my youth, on my cousin's N64. Liked Pokemon Stadium better.

Why me? I always said this.

archive.is/GJURt

I play videogames since 1990. Went through almost all consoles and PC. Played at least over 2000 different games. OoT is at the top.

Answer is plain and simple nostalgia as well as its massively hyped up status making people biased towards it.

I was promised the best game ever and was disappointed when it was thoroughly boring and bland.

It wasn’t even the best game that year. It wasn’t even the best zelda. Millennials should just be ignored out of principle.

It's not 'thoroughly boring and bland', it just doesn't do anything to surprise you. If you've already played or read about it, then another playthrough won't be any fun outside of nostalgia. Majora's Mask at least feels lively with so much going on at once.

Both A Link to the Past and Majora's Mask are better. OoT is far from even the best Zelda game, let alone the best game of all time.

It has a shota as the main character
There

>The best Zelda is Okami
Honestly based

those arent the same people who keep talking it up as the best. the ones doing that stopped playing games when they got to / left high school, and when they look back fondly on childhood they remember the best games of that time.

>My favorite Zelda game is Okami.
And then there's just being a straight up contrarian.

Why do Zelda fans always assume that?
I don't especially hate any Zelda game, i just find them boring.
I love Okami because it's just more overall interesting, while using the same formula.
The only problem with Okami is that it's too long, it really drags 3/4th in.

OOT held my interest for a lot less time than many other games. It's polished, but way too simple.

From the exact same site, which is made up entirely of ESPN staff
> 1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
> 2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
> 3. Final Fantasy VII
> 4. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
> 5. Final Fantasy VII Remake
> 6. Red Dead Redemption 2
> 7. SoulCalibur (1999)
> 8. Panzer Dragoon Saga
> 9. Metroid Prime
> 10. Shadow of the Colossus
> 11. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
> 12. Resident Evil 4
> 13. Bioshock
> 14. Super Mario Odyssey
> 15. Metal Gear Solid
> 16. Super Mario Galaxy 2
> 17. Skies of Arcadia
> 18. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
> 19. The Last of Us
> 20. Grand Theft Auto III
> 21. Halo 2
> 22. Grim Fandango
> 23. Halo: Combat Evolved
> 23. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
> 24. Mass Effect 2
> 25. Portal 2
> 26. Red Dead Redemption
> 27. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
> 28. Portal
> 29. Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
> 30. Half-Life
> 31. Dance Dance Revolution
> 32. Banjo Kazooie
> 33. StarCraft
> 34. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
> 35. Starseige Tribes
> 36. Fallout 3
> 37. Parasite Eve
> 38. Xenogears
> 39. Resident Evil 2
> 40. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
> 41. Radiant Silvergun
> 42. Halo 3
> 43. Sonic Adventure
> 44. Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
> 45. Thief The Dark Project

It was a god game, but it relies a lot on the "wow" factor of being the first 3d zelda on a system that does... fairly primitive 3d even for the time.
I'd take a link to the past or breath of the wild over it most days.

> No Majora's Mask
> No Doom & 3 Halo games make it
> Wind Waker that high
> No Souls games
Fucking based

im hungry, what kind of pizza should i buy Yea Forums im getting tempted for the mexican one.

The greatest games of all time are and always be DOOM and quake.
You can shitpost all you want but those games basically defined modern vidya as a whole.

Attached: 1982229-id_software_circa_1993.png (665x663, 744K)

> Doomfags shitting up these threads spamming their literal who meme game that couldn't even win GOTY & lost to Sonic games and Mortal Kombat
Pathetic

> 5. Final Fantasy VII Remake
What

> FF7 Remake in the top 5 & it isn't even out yet
Sony chads win again

>literal who meme game

Attached: 1362248719256.gif (600x450, 89K)

>Sonic adventure and not Sonic 3 + Sonic and Knuckles.

Wind Waker is better

@478151941
Trying too hard.

The fact that Doomfags can only spam "Zoomer" and "Muh influence and are literally incapable of saying what they genuinely enjoyed about their shit game proves that it's nothing more then meme shit like God Hand. You never see Doom on lists like these, reddit didn't even have it in their top 100 when shit like Soul Reaver made it. That's how irrelevant Doom is

Ocarina of Time is perfection, it's that simple.

lurk more

Here's a simple top ten list off the top of my head, all better games than zelda
>Doom
>Contra
>Mario 64
>MMX
>Rondo of Blood
>Quake
>Battle Garegga
>Gran Turismo 2
>Outrun 2006
>Panzer Dragoon
>NiGHTs

Sonic 3 & Knuckles doesnt really exist thats probably why

> Spamming buzzwords like "Zoomer" or "Doesn't count, it must be bait"
> Literally incapable of finding a single source that proves Doom is popular in the modern era
Typical

> Doomfag
> Quakefag
> Massive contrarian fag
Every time. PCfags aren't human, nobody cares about your shit games. Which is why you spend years crying about console games due to how irrelevant any PC game you consider good is outside your echochambers

>post games from multiple systems
>y-you have PC games on there!
kys nerd

Attached: 1536210273354.png (1257x600, 1.16M)

Probably a shit thread to ask in but is Soul Calibur really so great? It even had a fucking 98 on metacritic but i never see or heard of this game discussed much ever. Isnt it just a fighting game? What could possibly make a fighting game a 98?

>inb4 just try it
Dreamcast emulators are not only ass to work with but it probably wouldnt run well on my computer anyway. And the only other thing its on is Xbox. So I'm probably never going to be able to play anytime in the foreseeable future.

> 38. Xenogears
I'm quite pleasantly surprised this even charted.

>reddit

Attached: 1555162642665.png (632x631, 300K)

It was perfect, if the Dreamcast wasn't such a failure it would have gotten a 99

>WW and MM are my favorite Zeldas
>DaS2 and BB are my favorite From ARPGS
Based list

Reddit is an indicator of popularity, what's relevant & what's irrelevant. That's an objective fact & no amount of seething or spamming wojaks will change. Face it, nobody gives a shit about Doom

He just stated his opinion, you twat

OoT isn't even the best Zelda game that came out in 1998.

Thanks to the power of Metacritic to calculate a very small portion of the gaming population, we concluded that all the gamers who we have no idea what they actually think will 100% think what we want this article to make you believe they think.

I dunno. I like OOT, and as a game it laid a lot of groundwork for how games currently are in terms of story structure and themes, but I feel like hailing it as the best game ever is very shortsighted. In the aspects mentioned I feel like Doom 1 did those things in very unique ways that are just as prevalent.
Defining the best game ever is a dumb question because there is no answer.

> Doomfags still seething

So what makes OoT a good game and what are the weak points of the game?

based. explain how OOT even holds a candle to say deus ex. it doesn't

I’m not sure where you got that list from, the one I saw had resident evil 4 listed second, but it wasn’t even a top 20, more like, the 20 other greatest games other tha OoT.
theringer.com/2017/3/15/16041746/best-video-game-since-ocarina-of-time-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-5e7406db1ec8
Either way, The Ringer has nothing to do with ESPN though, you’re thinking of Grantland maybe, Simmons’ boutique website before he got fired. The Ringer is basically Gawker with less gays and more sports and exists to shill HBO stuff and their podcast network. The people that write for them are literal NPC’s.

Only flaw is the frustrating unskippable cutscenes that make you not want to replay it ever again, other then that it's the closest to a perfect game that exists

Seething about what? I like both games and think they both do a lot of things well. Personally I find Doom to be the better game in my eyes.

It has a 99 Metascore & people still remember it fondly, unlike your memeshit PC games

whole sandnigger section, exploration isn't fun, sometimes the means of advancing aren't clean and that isn't fun. Doom is a thousand times better nerd

>metascore
Guess imagine babies is better than god hand too.

I play through several dozens of a games a year. I never want to play OoT or any Zelda game again in my life. They are just boring.

Yes?

> PCfags still fucking seething
Holy shit, kill yourself autists this is pathetic. No amount of shilling your literal who games will make them popular

It was a port of an accessible arcade fighting game that wasn't just arcade perfect but was better than the arcade original in every way.

so you're trolling then.

But Doom is on consoles too.

The cutscenes in OoT aren't that long though.

Hey, I think the N64 sucks but I agree, PC gamers and PC "classics" are a fucking joke.

Attached: saturn-games-collage.webm (2048x1102, 2.7M)

Why do people care about online lists so much

they're unskippable and boring however, some drag and Nintendo thinks too highly of their own story telling/directing.

The saturn sucks.
Neo Geo is where it's at.

Nobody cared about it retard, the only FPS game that anyone gave a shit about was Half-Life, Perfect Dark & GoldenEye

Friendly reminder that Majora's Mask will always be the hottest garbage in the series.
Friendly reminder that no matter how many Yea Forumsirgins kick and scream about it being good (like they do with all dogshit games just to be contrarian because they can't handle agreeing with the masses) it will always be a pile of shit.

The two best Zelda games will always be ALTTP & OoT.
ALTTP has the 2D games completely locked down. Links awakening cucks need not apply.
OoT firmly has the 3D games locked down.

Cry about it, cope in whatever way you need to, those are the facts. I've played Majora's Mask twice now, it is pure unbridled shit. I've played OoT and Alttp like what? 7+ times each and they're consistently fun as fuck and amazing games.

Attached: deus.jpg (1000x1244, 241K)

Just asking, I played OoT last year (and a whole lot of n64 games) and I didnt find the game lives to the hype Conker and Mario 64 are better
> Doom is a thousand times better nerd
Duke 3d= Blood>Shadow Warrior>Doom 64>Doom>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Doom 3

Attached: 1543911233678.png (1070x675, 36K)

I like Minish Cap, so i don't care.

youtube.com/watch?v=v3FSsNA78iI
This scene is actual kino, I can't think of any cutscene in OoT that's bad.

>Conker but not Banjo

Saturn is just better, don't worry about it! Your SNES competitor is still nice but third to the TG16 and Genesis.

Gonna be honest, I couldnt play Banjo because the cartridge was broken so I dont think I cant said its better or worse that Conker

You say that like Yea Forums dislikes OoT or shits on it regularly. It's a good game, a great game even. Even decades later its flaws are pretty minimal and its strengths haven't faded the way some other games have.

Attached: 1550808068911.png (617x589, 387K)

fair enough

All of them are a bore to watch and the story is not particularly interesting. Panzer Dragoon Saga came out several months earlier and is far more interesting of a story and the best part? You can SKIP the cutscenes! How cool. Oh and every line of dialog is 100% voiced, OoT well, Zelda as a whole took a while to catch up.
youtu.be/JYiSgCtk9F4?t=1713

So you didn't learn a damn thing even after so much experience. Congratulations.

The simple truth is that anybody who has any idea of what they're talking about knows how fucking dominant Doom was in gaming. It catapulted the genre into relevance.
It's a fast paced, skill-rewarding game that garnered and maintained a dedicated following of modders.
The fact that you seemingly dont know this means that you are genuinely retarded, willfully ignorant, or so fucking new to PC gaming that you don't actually know what the phrase "Doom Clone" means.
Foreknowledge of Doom is assumed. You can't include it in every list because it was the metric by which all other games were compared to, for so long, that people got tired of it. Yes, it was eventually subsumed by Quake and Unreal Tournament, but most of what made them good, or any shooter good, come from fucking Doom and Wolfenstein.
If you like shooters, you like Doom. If you're playing an FPS, you're playing a Doom clone.
If you like fast paced shooting games, you like what makes Doom good.
You fucking ossified placenta of a human being.

best game ever? absolutely not. fun game? yeah sure. I don't get BTFO'd by literal who's getting enjoyment out of a game or saying something is the best thing ever

It's fun, but I wouldn't recommend it over something like Street Fighter Alpha 3 or even Soul Caliber 2. 1 was more of a tech demo to most.

I disagree. Doom was a hot ticket title in it's hay day, has a massive community then and now, and is actually seeing a resurgence due to Doom 2016. Half life in my opinion ruined the FPS genre and Perfect Dark and Goldeneye are okay at best.

Blood = Doom > Doom 64 Duke 3D > SW > Doom 3.

It's just a good simple game.

Attached: wonjx9fb9fi31.jpg (400x586, 38K)

Even if you dislike OOT today, it and Mario 64 essentialy pioneered 3D gaming and how controls/camera should work in 3D which cannot be understated in the slightest. Maybe not the best but certainly one of the most influential.

Share yours m8.
1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Wandersong
3. Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth
4. Conker’s Bad Fur Day
5. Team Fortress 2
6. Super Paper Mario
7. Katamari Forever
8. No More Heroes 2
9. Super Smash Bros Ultimate
10. Dragon Quest 8

Nobody actually gives a fuck about PDS, it's one of those game's that people pretend to like. Peak poseur core.

By 2000 it was literally irrelevant, nobody was talking about your literal who piece of shit game.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-15 GameFAQs The GameFAQs Top 50 8 14 00.png (1648x1607, 290K)

>Twitter screenshot thread

Attached: 1541955670695.jpg (652x641, 68K)

Cope more

Truly a sad position from someone who has never played a good game in his life. It's okay, you can improve some day. I'll wait for you to graduate highschool first.

This, 1 and 2 are the best, no one wanted some faggoty rpg

>Yea Forums absolutely BTFO'd
Yea Forums used to shit on me relentlessly and unironically seethe when I would say I thought Majora's Mask was better than Ocarina of Time back in like 2006-2009.

Seriously nobody cares, nobody cared in 2000 either as you can see.

>Legend of Dragoon at top
fucking disgusting

bruh, this list has chrono cross over chrono trigger, are you trying to use this image as if it means anything?

I don't care about popularity contests, I care about good games. Idiots have always eaten up anything Nintendo shits out, what are you trying to say really?

What about Quake?

The only games older than Doom is Mario RPG and Link to the Past, everything is years newer than it. It's like going on Yea Forums and using it to prove that no one cares about Super Mario 64 or Halo.

Can you argue instead of posting meme phrases? Did you get banned from Doomworld for spamming Brutal Doom nonsense?

>bruh
literally kys

Because games weren't a service and there was no incentive to play the same game for 7 years straight, you fetid, incestuous blumpkin.

Attached: league-of-legends[1].jpg (1607x895, 102K)

>what are you trying to say really?
I'm telling you plain as day that not even you care about that game. You just like being special and unique.

I played hours of Doom today, with Prboom+ keeping much of the original game but with higher resolution graphics. Doom is fun to this day. It's fast, super balanced, challenging, with gameplay that responds perfectly to commands. The fact that the community creates megawads still keeps the game relevant (I'm playing Evertinity and it's just amazing, one of the best experiences I've had this year, and I played 50+ games).
Doom is a game that is alive, thanks mainly to the fact that it is an excellent game based on a super solid foundation.
Ocarina of Time only survives in the memory of some manchildren. Moreover, it is played by autists who do not know if they are men or women who think are super players because they are capable of through the walls of the shitty designed dungeons.
The "best game ever" is not played by anyone.

A lot of people care about doom my guy. And even if people did it's still an amazing game. I genuinely don't know what you're trying to point out.

>not even you care about that game.
Thank you but I can make up my own mind on that one. I love the game, it is truly a testament to Yukio Futatsugi's game direction, how he can make one of the best RPGs after helming the best rail shooter in existence is incredible.

You might just have terrible taste if your first pick is a Zelda game. It's like having a Marvel movie be your favorite.

It was not, is not, and will never be worth worrying about what the "best" game is, it's all preferenc. It's far more productive to compare specific aspects of different games to one another to get a feel for when things work and when they don't. My favorite low manpower game is Cave Story and my favorite high production game is Dishonored, and I'm playing new games that look interesting to me or that I missed out on all the time.

I have a cool story involving OoT if anybody wants to listen to my blog post. Here goes.
>Was pretty young when the N64 came out, maybe about 10-12ish (cba looking it up to be exact)
>Didn't have one though
>I was playing some other console, I honestly can't remember what it was so again I'll just have to skip over this but I'm almost certain it would have been the Snes for me back then.
>Parents are hosting a party for family and friends, I think somebody in the family was getting married or something and some (not all) of the people who went to watch that shit came back to our place for drinks and what not
>During the party, one of my dads mates came over to me (I knew him he's a pretty cool guy), and started asking what I was playing, to which I told him
>He then says he's stuck on this game for a console he bought and he starts trying to remember the name of it
>When he does eventually say the magic word 'zelda' i perk the fuck up and start excitedly telling him how I've played the Zelda game for the snes and how much I love it etc
>He tells me he's stuck anyway in one area and can't figure out what to do despite trying for a few hours, asks me if I wanna do it for him
>Naturally, I fucking say yes, of course, so he drives home, grabs the console (and drops somebody off in the process) and brings it back along with Zelda
>I play it and it turns out he was stuck in the first dungeon hilariously enough (the exact part he was stuck at was he didn't know he had to jump onto the web from high up in the great deku tree to break through it)
>I tell him I figured it out (it was pretty late now at this point though)
>He says cool cool but says I can play some more and that he'll leave the console and game with me for a bit
>I play the whole thing through
>Next time I see him is like 2 weeks later
>Let him know about it and ask if he's gonna take the console back
>He says naww and actually says I can keep both of them
>I literally got an N64 and a great game for free

Attached: 1562615265938.jpg (800x600, 119K)

I'm talking about PDS, not Doom. People obviously care about Doom, including me since it's one of the best games ever made.
You don't have any actual tastes. You just like to praise the Saturn because it was at one point in time obscure.

>You just like to praise the Saturn because it was at one point in time obscure.
Nope, it is because I love 2D games and love finding new great ones. The Saturn has provided me with some of my all time favorites. You seem to fellate the biggest and most popular games of all time, it seems weird and hollow. Like you're afraid to have an actual identity.

Thank god for Metacritic to prop up fanboys and/or put them in their places.

Attached: OOT Best Game Ever.png (772x104, 14K)

It's not GTA San Andreas or Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3.

OoT is just an MNSG ripoff

Saturn fan, you should give Kingdom Grandprix a try. It's an arcade game that got a port and I can't recall what the name of the series was but there's a couple others that come before it. You have to import it but it's my favorite Saturn game and Saturn is probably my favorite system of all time.

>Like you're afraid to have an actual identity.
So you admit you only pretend to like the Saturn for status.

Awesome.

I got OOT in a similar way. My neighbors were Native American, Seminoles, in South Florida. Big money every month just for their heritage thanks to the casinos and all that and US reparations. The older brother of the girls I used to play with let me play it at their house once or twice and asked me if I liked it. I really thought it was awesome, and so he goes, "Do you want it?"

Dude GAVE it to me. I was so thrilled. Ending up being the most influential game I had at that time, short of Pokemon which was everyone's thing. Even did a Link costume for Halloween.

On the contrary, my love for it helps define who I am. Your love for OoT and Doom makes you a sheep. Weird.

I've been meaning to check that out, I've got it in my queue to be burned. I'll burn it next. Nice to meet you and if you're open to it, try Cotton Boomerang - that is my all time favorite game. It is sadly expensive so don't hesitate to make a back up.

Daytona USA

I'll have to give it a go. I had amassed a pretty large collection of games on top of the ones I had from childhood (NiGHTs, Panzer Dragoon, Clockwork Knights, Sonic Jam, Robotica, Virtual-On, etc.) and then when I figured out how to convert my memory slot chip to recognize backups I never fucked with it since I already owned so many games for the system. For those pricey ones I'll have to figure it out though. Good luck to you friend

>Your love for OoT and Doom makes you a sheep
Not liking objectively great games because you want to feel special is incredibly childish. I wouldn't say OoT is even in my top ten, Doom certainly is though. Also if what games you like define who you are than that's honestly pathetic.

Quake's biggest use of 3d was for verticality, Doom and Quake was not as difficult translation to 3D as Zelda because Doom already gave the illusion of a 3d environment. OOT's 3D innovation lies in the targeting system which is still found in action games to this day.

>Quakes biggest use of 3D is the primary thing that separated it from 2D games
Yeah sure. The targeting system is a just a band aid for not having another analogue stick in my mind.

>Mario 64
Stopped reading there.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it! It's a brilliant shooter with very inventive mechanics such as grab/parry, which lets you punch through walls of bullets or grab literally any enemy or projectile coming at you and then throw them back at the other enemies, creating combos and juggling them infinitely for point scoring. Plus the characters are really cute.

It sounds like you just eat up whatever is shit on your plate and are afraid to experiment. That's really sad,completely lacking any sort of identity like that. I could never imagine hating things because they are obscure, it's very sad. Requiring things to be popular preventing you from enjoying them really screams like you're desperate to be liked and not be challenged - and when challenge you just can't comprehend being disagreed with.

It's really sad.

Attached: P_20181214_215531_vHDR_On.jpg (3264x2448, 2.36M)

>It's good because it's popular
>It's good because it's influential
>It's good because it was good for its time
>It's good because I have nostalgia for it
Why do OoT fags do this? Why not defend the game by mentioning some unique or interesting elements that are actually present IN the game.

Attached: IMG_1224.png (906x875, 495K)

anyone who thinks it's nostalgia should attempt to name games remotely similar to OoT
>OOT fans to get offended because their ego has the fortitute of a wet paper bag
yet you feel the need to wing insults, lol
the fps didn't feel bad when it was played on N64, and it's definitely not a problem on 3DS
there was other good games but they didn't hold a candle deku stick to OoT
it might not be the best Zelda anymore but it still holds up as one of the best games of all time
it's really nice in short burts, try the handheld version
this fucking list is lol
Lttp is as close as it gets to OoT in 2D, BotW has a vastly different feeling than most games and lacks the gentle prodding that you tend to get in Zelda
Hawaiian Pizza
Greatest games should be split into genre, Doom and Quake lack the adventure that games aught be immersing players in
I like WW I think it's better but it once again feels a bit different than OoT due to the overworld being a big sea that you have to boat around in
S3&K is actually what the game was meant to be if you research the development of them.
Every fighter that spawned a series was terrific and may be in a slow decline.
But we all know popularity is a testament to how accessible a game is to casuals, right?
Debatable
OoT takes you on an adventure in a land of magic not to dissimilar to a dnd campaign, its mechanics lean toward jack of all trades and master of nothing, and Master Quest is how you actually receive a challenge
It's a vastly more appealing entry to gaming with a simple to follow story.
OoT carries a charm and if you dislike how the cutscenes can't be skipped then maybe you're playing too frequently and should take a break lol.
based

Attached: handover.jpg (1280x689, 72K)

>band aid
Clearly not seeing as it still is used in many combat systems to this day on consoles with 2 sticks.

It still is for the most part. But that's neither here nor there.

Some of the darker areas are neat like the shadow temple. Bongo Bongo is a good boss. Spirit Temple/Gerudo section goes on for too long. The combat is very boring. The puzzles are really simple and lack replayability. The music is pretty good overall but few tracks really stick the landing as well as things like Majora's Mask opening medley or clocktown day 3. Ganon's castle shouldn't have had a hub design but rather have each challenge section be a progressive challenge to build a sense of momentum to the final encounter, instead it's a casual stroll to do the check list of objectives to progress instead of a grand final confrontation that tests your understanding of the game.

There are a lot of ways the game could be improved.

in 1998, for me the best game ever made is Panzer Dragoon Saga

>Best soundtrack ever
>Better and unique story
>very fluent framerate
>Sadly for Sega Saturn
>no one talks about this masterpiece

Zelda: OoT
>same story and clichés as always
>corny and shitty music
>40 fps or less in real hardware
>"Best game evur" (Of course, because it's a NINTENDO GAME)

Attached: panzer-dragoon-azel-novel-art.png (515x861, 1.14M)

>i just think it's held in high regard by people that don't really play that many games
>My favorite Zelda game is Okami

The irony.

>I could never imagine hating things because they are obscure, it's very sad.
You make a lot of retarded assumptions. All I'm telling you is nobody cares about PDS and that OoT and Doom are great games. I own two Sega Saturns and actually enjoy the system and it's shmups quite a lot, despite not being great at them. I'm working on it.

Attached: Gunbird.webm (480x640, 2.96M)

Both games are masterpieces, OOT is just untouchable. It's the reason it took Reddit, NeoGaf & Yea Forums banding together simply to get Link to lose by 1,000 votes to Draven in the best character of all time contest

The combat in PDS is truly cinematic and is an utter delight to engage in, with each attack feeling like a reward, a sight to behold. It helps that the game is constantly one-upping itself with the greatest moment you've ever seen one after the other from the first engagement with the atolm dragon, to the revival of the guardian dragon, the escape with Azel, the torture scene and raid on the empire's fleet, the deployment of the grig orig and the subsequent destruction of zoah, followed by the infestation of the grig orig rampaging ceaselessly through the lands. all punctuated by marvelous bosses that keep you constantly thinking.

Attached: atolm.webm (480x358, 2.84M)

You're wrong actually, nobody cares about Doom. Whereas Panzer Dragoon Saga & OOT are considered masterpieces. Doom is ranked outside the top 1,000

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-15 Game Rankings - GameFAQs.png (911x1821, 115K)

>You make a lot of retarded assumptions
Now that's funny coming from you. PDS is a beloved game and you need to come off less like a shit head if you want to be taken seriously.

the truth is most games peaked around the late 90s early 2000s.

It also doesn't help that most major franchises have declined drastically since then.

Zelda
Mario
Final Fantasy
Sonic

have all never been better than they were back then.

>NOOO STOP LIKING THE MOST UNIVERSALLY ACCLAIMED GAME OF ALL TIME!!! MY favorite game is indiana jones by lucasarts i downloaded it because i think its obscure enough to make me seems like a more interesting person.
T. Yea Forumsictims

>PDS is a beloved game
Yeah by poseurs who have never played it. Seriously it was one of the first games I burned onto four CD-Rs when Pseudo Saturn first came out, I played it and thought it was boring as fuck. Also people said it didn't work with Psudeo Saturn back then but those people were full of shit or didn't burn the disk right, it works just fine.

>Blocks your path

Attached: Diamond_Heights_RCT1.png (800x521, 1010K)

>I played it and thought it was boring as fuck
It sounds like you're desperate to project your shit taste on everyone else.
>Also people said it didn't work with Psudeo Saturn back then but those people were full of shit or didn't burn the disk right, it works just fine.
you didn't even play it for long enough to find out, it does have issues with the games anti-cheat detection. You're the biggest poser of all, and it's pathetic.

>it does have issues with the games anti-cheat detection
Bullshit, it has no anti cheat or anti piracy.

>this is how brainlets actually think of people who don't judge games based solely on their popularity

Attached: IMG_1723.jpg (580x599, 46K)

QuakeWorld is the absolute perfection of a game. Anyone who disagrees is a consolebaby with soap textures. The foreboding lovcraftian atmosphere is such that no game since could repeat it.

You truly have no idea what you're talking about, the ultimate poser. Stick to talking about games you've played, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

>40 fps or less in real hardware
Ocarina of time can't keep 20 fps constant most of the time. Like much of the N64 library, it is unplayable by today's standards.

>it's held in high regard by people that don't really play that many games.
Same can said of Okami with the difference that it wasnt groundbraking as OOT at release.
pretty much this and this OOT is one of the greatest games ever.

Nice source.

>wah wah why can't this old game play like modern games
Just play the 3DS version then

I'm going to have to go back and play it. I remember it being "pretty damn good". Stuff like morrowind, thief, and even doom struck me as so much more overwhelming of an experience. You had to compare everything after it to those games.

Ocarina of time was alright, there were better games at the time.

panzerdragoonlegacy.com/articles/panzer-dragoon-saga-action-replay-codes
nice retardation, poser

kys furfag. Okami is fucking garbage.

That because aiming with a stick sucks without some kind of assistance.

Not a single game from 1998 got a GOTY vote, all of them went to OOT. It was completely untouchable. There has never been another unanimous GOTY since

Who hasn't played OoT though?
It was popular when it came out, it's easy to emulate and has been re-released and remastered several times.

It's a good game, but I wouldn't say its the best game ever. It's not even the best Zelda game.

You are 100% correct.
>t. was actually alive to have played Doom when it was first released
It was amazing AT THE TIME. I think the game to truly set the bar for the fps genre though was Halo and Perfect Dark. It's like saying Pitfall was what made platformers what they were. No it fucking wasn't, Mario was.

No, the truth is that Ocarina of Time is the best video game of all time.

>If you try to play the NTSC or PAL version of Panzer Dragoon Saga on a different-region Saturn console using an Action Replay, a “PLEASE REMOVE THE CARTRIDGE” message will pop up on-screen
That isn't anti cheat, that's region locking. Also doesn't trigger with Pseudo Saturn.

KYS pleb
all Genesis Sonic games are garbage

It does, it detects any cartridge inserted in the slot. If it detects one, it will boot you back to the saturn BIOS at the next load. You have never played the game however, so you have nothing important to say on it.

Or Majora's mask.

The best game ever is:

Single Player: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Moddable Multiplayer: Quake
Non-moddable Multiplayer: Dota 2
Honorary Mention: Ultima Online (Pre 1999)

I am from the 80s, so none of your opinions matter because you are all like 14. Fight me.

If you had played any serious amount of games (let's say over 10,000) you'd know OoT is like an 8/10. It's not even the best Zelda game onthe N64, let alone the best game ever.

And my favorite Zelda game is Dark Souls.

No, Ocarina of Time. Not Majora's Mask.
The top 3 is always 1. Ocarina of Time and then Resident Evil 4 and Super Mario World in some order for 2 and 3.

>run behind enemy to backstab simulator
Nah, kys

People from back then used to play 2~3 games a year max. The average person would have replayed Ocarina of Time 2+ times.

kill yourself tasteless bitch

>it detects any cartridge inserted in the slot. If it detects one, it will boot you back to the saturn BIOS at the next load.
[citation needed]

Fuck that. The real order.
1. Majora's mask
2. Ocarina of time
3. Minish cap
Mario 3 is better than world, straight up. All of the donkey kong countries are better too.

Never really got the hype around OoT. Personally I think BOTW is better than it, as it improves on a lot of aspects of zelda that were pretty stale and outdated.

Play the game, happens at random.

>I never want to play OoT or any Zelda game again in my life. They are just boring.
Ocarina of Time is one of the most boring Zeldas of all time. It is so boring that it causes physical discomfort. People don't remember how painful are things like reading the endless owl monologue on the way out of Kokiri Forest, or spending 5 uninterrupted minutes pushing boxes in slow animation to solve a fake puzzle (virtually all Ocarina puzzles are fake, you know exactly what you have to do instantly, but it takes a while to complete the puzzle because of slow animations, movements, etc).

Most old games have a perfectly acceptable frame rate. The phenomenon of games running at 20fps or less as "standard" was unique to the N64. The games on this console have aged badly because they run like shit.

>spin attack simulator
Like that's any better.

Personally I prefer Majora's Mask

Sounds like bullshit.

stfu normie

It's okay, it doesn't matter to you. You'll never play the game anyway.

Anyone who thinks OOT is not the best game of all time has never played it.

MM is better tho

I've played it a ton, it's a 7/10, MNSG was better. OoT just ripped it off.

>> 6. Red Dead Redemption 2
Is there really anyone who still pretends this was good? It was a chore to play, the reviews were all hype.

Attached: green lex luthor.png (321x306, 199K)

Nah I played it. It was good, but I don't get all the hype. It just set the trend for modern zelda pre BOTW.

nah, games shit

Both OoT and LttP are God tier games. But take this into consideration, LttP 16 but style is copied to this day and still had retro appeal even to new players meanwhile the jagged early 3D style is copied by no one today and is unappealing to people used to smooth 3D graphics. Both WW and BotW will place higher among new players just because of their art and graphics.
Me included. I played both LttP on gba and MM and Oot in the early 2000s after having played graphically impressive stuff like quake arena 3, CS and Halo. So I have no emotional nostalgic attachement to the games. Besides LttP. Because that's the best game ever.

You're disqualifying your own opinion if you start by saying it "will always be" the best game ever.

And "best ever" doesn't mean most influential or whatever.

> i just think it's held in high regard by people that don't really play that many games.
You just described most Rockstar games, not Zelda. Normalfag bait with terrible gameplay that normalfags don't care about because of the hype and the novelty of a "cinematic", "mature" story in a video game combined with the violence and sex...it's like HBO for video games only HBO occasionally releases something good.

Okami is good but it's like a mid-tier 3D zelda, if Nintendo released a Zelda like Okami they'd be blasted for making it so long with a bunch of padding.

I'm literally playing it right now. I would post a gameplay webm but I'm still watching this fuckin hour long intro.

>i just think it's held in high regard by people that don't really play that many games
As usual, retards on Yea Forums have no fucking idea what they're talking about. Zoomers with absolutely no scope of comprehension really are taking over this shithole.
t. person gaming since the 80's and has played countless games over the decades and agrees that OOT actually is one of the best games ever made

OOT isn't the best game ever but it is the best 3D Zelda by a wide margin

It's forgettable and grossly unpolished compared to later 3D Zeldas. It would easily be the worst one if not for Skyward Sword.

>liking the game series of autism is better than good Sonic games like Mania and the classics

good luck with that on bosses or any enemy that isn't a standard humanoid

Based Okami is one of the best games ever made.
Along with Ghost Trick.
And Mega Man Legends 2

nah
OOT > MM > TP > WW > SS
BOTW is in a different category and comparing it to the older 3D games is like comparing them to the 2D games

Pretending that OoT is frozen as the greatest game of all time is foolishness; it's natural for games to have surpassed it since then, especially considering that so many use what it did right as their foundation. Ocarina of Time is easily one of the most influential games to be made, but it's no longer some uncontested GOAT.

I love that game too. It dwarfs everything between Majora's Mask and Breath of the Wild.

it's not even the best Zelda game on the N64
and everyone knows the best game ever made was Ogre Battle 64

Attached: gfs_15861_2_48_mid.jpg (540x405, 37K)

Attached: this_thread.png (385x541, 262K)

Zoomer located

>It's the best because it has the highest score on metacritic
beyond satire

Lisa the Painful is the best game ever though...
Minecraft is obviously second as well.

I don't think most people genuinely believe this anymore
This is more of a Gen X circlejerk than anything objective or substantial

Ocarina of time is held in such high regard because is was the first non-platforming game played by many children. I played it when I was older and found it extremely boring. I actually like star fox adventures more.

>gamefags, the website populated entirely by preteens, is the authority on the greatest games of all time

If you legitimately believe that persona 4 is the second greatest game of all time then you need to jump off a bridge.

Doom is 100 times more relevant, even now in 2019 than Panzer Dragoon Saga has ever been. I'm sure PDS is a fantastic game but you cannot possibly deny Dooms influence in popularizing FPShooters. cultural influence, and lasting popularity that still has people making new doom mods today.

LISA is unironically one of the best RPGs ever. Keep it a secret tho.

Ok so I've been playing it for an hour and it works just fine.

Attached: PDS_001.webm (640x480, 2.84M)

Not every game is made for you.
cope more.

Doom is literal who tier garbage nobody talks about it anymore, it needs so many mods because the game aged like utter garbage. If you don't think Persona is infinitely more popular you are a delusional retard

>this game is art because it has cel shading

Attached: 1567319304922.png (728x899, 236K)

How can they say Ocarina of Time is the best game of all time?!
Everyone knows it's [Game I played as a kid]!

Attached: 1565272945549.png (454x520, 13K)

>people complain about Wind Waker being too easy and Skyward Sword excessively holding your hand
>but it's okay when Okami does it

It's not even the best zelda game. Lttp is better

When will faggots realize a game being influential and defining at the time doesn't make it the best game ever made forever? Would you seriously consider OOT to be the best game the industry has produced in its entirety 20 years down the line, without any improvements whatsoever? Disingenuous fucks.

Yes

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-15 List of video games considered the best(2).png (1191x1623, 170K)

>GameFAQs
nig I like Ocarina but this is just stupid

Attached: chris_griffin_becomes_link_by_chozo_alex_d3a7sav-250t.jpg (187x250, 8K)

I didn't play OoT, or any Zelda for that matter, until well into the ps2 era and after I had already had a pretty good number of games under my belt.
I could and can still see why it's considered the best. Think of it this way; any other "best game of all time" would be even more controversial than OoT is.

>Would you seriously consider OOT to be the best game the industry has produced in its entirety 20 years down the line
Considering the absolute state of video games now and it's trajectory, of course.

>Disingenuous fucks.

>> 5. Final Fantasy VII Remake
>What
They're either talking about the re-release of the original PC port or they're fucking retarded because the actual remake isn't even out yet.

Absolutely. At this point it would take a truly revolutionary game, not just in design, but how we play and experience video games to topple OoT and I don't see that happening beyond maybe some VR masterpiece that takes the world by storm and manages to make VR relevant.
It would have been FAR more likely for OoT to be toppled in the first 20 years since its release and the fact that it hasn't just cements its status for the future.

Cope contrarian

OOT is a good game. Expecting me to believe you're being honest in saying it's the best game the industry has ever, EVER produced is taking me for a goddamn fool.

It literally is, you contrarians have never came up with one reason why their hasn't been another game remotely as acclaimed or remembered as fondly as OOT other than Schizophrenic conspiracies like "Nintendo Bonus"

>a game that doesn't get updates
>best ever
lmao?

>played over 1000 games in my life
>beaten over half of them and streamed to completion over 200
>get told that I haven't played enough games by a zoomed that wasn't there in the 3d boom

Its not even in the top 100 if you arent a nintendo only fag.

> Contrarians still seething about OOT after 20 years
Nintendo always wins baby

Posting a Twitter screenshot should net a permanent ban.

This is the most based best game ever list I've ever seen.

> Says the /pol/ refugee

What do you think deserves that title?

Okami is a mediocre Zelda clone that has all the same problems that plagued Twilight Princess, Wind Waker and Skyward Sword. The graphics are all it has going for it.

It's gonna be Doom because PC fags are eternally assmad about their games being irrelevant in the modern era

>you contrarians have never came up with one reason why their hasn't been another game remotely as acclaimed or remembered as fondly as
I don't care about a game being rightfully acclaimed or remembered fondly, I care about retards saying that game is the best game 50 years of industry has given us when later entries in its own franchise have done its core gameplay mechanics better over time.

I believe there can't be a single best game because unlike movies, games genres make a huge impact on the product. If two games are the best the industry can make, one is a platformer and the other one is an FPS, which one "wins" and why?

>I complain about people saying a '98 game is the best game ever made and nothing has evolved upon it
>surely I prefer this '93 that hasn't been evolved upon in 26 years. Oh wait...

It was good for its time but people have to learn to let go, there are way better games out there now, hell there's way better Zeldas out now

>hell there's way better Zeldas out now
I wish.

stop lying

none recapture the feeling

You think Okami, that sold like shit, was played by people that don't play a lot of games?

OoT always wins lmao

Attached: 46d71ef89b96fb28d4486e58763cabc5.jpg (726x1000, 131K)

that's not half life. nintendies are beyond pathetic

Attached: 1546950297465.jpg (680x502, 43K)

FUUUCK ocarina is booooring. Majora's Mask isn't though

>It was popular when it came out,
not really
it was on N64 and only popular among that audience
i live in Europe and in my childhood ive never known anyone with a N64 and didnt find out about Ocarina of time trough the internet in 2001

OoT is the perfect epic and good epics always resonate with people. Stuff like Lord of the Rings and Star Wars. Are there better sci-fi films than the SW trilogy? Yeah. But the epic just appeals to something deep down. It's why things like Tetris and Mario Bros are addictive and perfect on a gameplay level but they generally exist later on down the list. It's also why a ton of RPGs tend to creep into the list despite their flaws. While we all love games that require dexterity and tactile feedback there's something nobody can deny about a good epic. Yea Forums is raging against the machine when they try to shit in story over gameplay games. But OoT pulls off both while also being technically and historically impressive for its time and also having a straightforward classical epic without any JRPG retardery going on.

>SoulCalibur at 7
Based