Let's say some one came to you with $75M and asked you to design a complete reboot of the Gears of War series...

Let's say some one came to you with $75M and asked you to design a complete reboot of the Gears of War series. It has to be a third-person shooter, but they're giving you a huge amount of freedom around the story, gameplay, characters, and art style. Assuming you genuinely want to do a good job (ie don't deliberately sabotage it because you hate the series/genre/Western games), what would you do?

Attached: Gears-of-War-pic.jpg (940x498, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

unseen64.net/2017/04/17/project-nano-epic-games-cancelled-ps4-xbox-one-pc/
youtube.com/watch?v=oqg4ub5ao9s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Make Warframe except without shitty disgusting insect armors and have regular people instead.

I would fund a NiGHTS into Dreams hd remaster instead.

Move the setting away from Sera where after the CoG successfully vanquished the Locust/Lambent/Swarm humanity rebounded they began colonizing other planets.

>Let's say some one came to you with $75M and asked you to design a complete reboot of the Gears of War series
say no but instead show them this and why this should be revived from the dead instead
unseen64.net/2017/04/17/project-nano-epic-games-cancelled-ps4-xbox-one-pc/
youtube.com/watch?v=oqg4ub5ao9s

Attached: nano-blueprint-epic-games-cancelled-00005.jpg (1348x694, 410K)

>more open world garbage

thank god that trash got cancelled.

>open world
its when you understand the scope of this game that it deserves a chance

Yeah yeah the scope of being like every single other open world game ever released

go be a fag somewhere else

That user is right open world games are trash.

Why not making gear like warhammer 40000 space marine game that one is great

I wouldn't. I'm very pleased with the series.

Have it use Gears if War 3's gameplay but work on it from there. Story can start on E-day and be about other characters in the war.

The GoG return to earth and find it in ruins by a evil monster of some kind.

Gears 5's campaign is great and the multiplayer just needs some refinement. Horde's awful this time around though but the series isn't in need of a reboot until after 6

I would still keep Gears 1-3/Judgement canon, except Gears 4 and 5 would have been centered around emergence day instead of expanding the story with characters absolutely no one cares about.

For starters someone like Rod Fergusson shouldn't be in a game director position since he's no game designer. He should remain producer only and focus on getting games out the door. Say what you will about Cliff Blesinski but I'd take him back as a director who understands game mechanics more than Rod Fergusson. You can feel the difference now that Fergusson was director for Gears 5.

If it remains a third person shooter then set it far in the future away from the Marcus Fenix era or JD Fenix & Kait era, think of some new enemy threat that isn't a mere regurgitation of the locust, keep the colorful look of Gears 4 or 5 while getting rid of forced humor (shit stick), make it more melancholy in tone like the first two Gears of War games.

Gameplay wise Gears needs a way to swap shoulders quickly. Also I'd like to be able to slide around on my knees like in Vanquish.

Attached: XboxOneConsoleExclusiveTier.png (2269x1254, 2.77M)

Soft reboot the franchise - it's now a mix of XCOM and GoW
Instead of playing as a squad of ayy lmao hunters, you play a squad of COG soldiers trying to defend against Locust uprisings in the first days of the war
Full character customization and classes just like XCOM 2
Keep a similar art style, but give it thick, bold, black outlines similar to Borderlands/The Walking Dead

Attached: 1547487215158.jpg (323x337, 18K)

First of all
>State of Decay 2
>Low Tier
Fuck you
And second, most of these games aren't Xboner exclusive, a lot are on PC

Honestly this sounds great.

remaster the first three games (increase the saturation and bloom) and sell it on xbox and ps and pc
pocket the rest of the cash

Anyone has Xbone charts like this?

here you go

Attached: uyguyuyg.jpg (2269x1254, 817K)

bump

Battle royale

Attached: IMG_2681.jpg (998x998, 48K)

Crackdown 3 was fucking garbage why is not on the shit tier?

It would be almost unchanged from Gears 1 and 2. Probably tighter controls and the online wouldn't suck donkey nuts.

because xbots are desperate

Why is Forza Horizon 4 rated so much lower than Horizon 3? Just curious. I haven't played a Forza game since 4 on the 360.

I make the series with a small team in international waters. I mocap the rape of cunny until I die. Of course I actually rape them.

kys coomer

Yea Forums has pretty shit taste

I wouldn't make it. There's nowhere left for the series to go. Hell there wasn't anywhere to go after 2. 3 jumped the shark hard enough for me to not even give a shit about playing any of the other entries.
Markus finds dad. Kills locus. End of fucking story. Just refine the multiplayer a little and get yourself some good dedicated servers with decent netcode and you have yourself a solid arena shooter in perpetuity.

Cover shooter set on present day earth where a Delta Force unit has to stop a terrorist organization known as the Locust from using a stolen experimental device known as the "Gears Of War" to pump out super soldiers and try to dominate the world. The "Gears Of War" is modified by The Locust to transform people into controllable brutes that the leader, Myrrah, can control. Our delta force squad makes it into the Locust base known as Sera and uses the gears of war to turn into beefy guys encased in a robotic outer layer like Power Rangers. They have chainsaw forearms.

openworld GoW
give me all your money

Gears of the Breath of the Wild of War

Did anyone even hesitate to pick JD? I already have Baird for the plucky humor and knowledge, and Cole is already an entertaining character that also fills the minority quota.

>actually talking about GoW
lmao

bump