Do you feel like there’s an upper age limit to shamelessly call yourself a “gamer”? With each passing year...

Do you feel like there’s an upper age limit to shamelessly call yourself a “gamer”? With each passing year, I feel a little bit more awkward when people see my room and the exposed gaming stuff in it. I don’t want to be a 30+ year old with a bedroom like pic related.

Thoughts?

Attached: 71C9A1D6-C3EA-4307-AF5D-E7B72508EF7C.jpg (1536x2048, 1.03M)

I don't call myself anything because it's fucking retarded. If you care about how people view you and your hobbies then you're still too young to worry about hitting a "gamer limit" too you underaged faggot.

Attached: 1558539753090.png (747x664, 19K)

>I don’t want to be a 30+ year old with a bedroom like pic related.
stop playing consoles then

easy

Attached: 17done.png (747x664, 37K)

Who the fuck cares what people think. 90% of humanity are still practically apes. Their approval shouldn't be your priority. Life is short. Enjoy what you enjoy.

Anyone who collects stuff is considered weird by a judgemental people. At least video games can be played and replayed, which means they will always hold value.

I don’t know, I used to believe this as well, but then I started to notice that most people who said they don’t care what others think were people with disgusting greased hair, overweight and smelly, so I changed my mind. I think it’s important that you have a pleasant look and behave in a way that is socially acceptable. It’s not ok to, say, wear swimming trunks on a professional environment and it shouldn’t be ok to have a children’s bedroom as a 30 yo.

Congrats, someone posted a playthrough of your game on YouTube so no one else has any reason to buy your game.

>that duckula figure
man of taste

Attached: 1556399614554.jpg (1122x1106, 115K)

Yes.

Anyone who has all that shit like in the picture is a manchild materialistic hoarder.

No, because it is a term to mean a person that spends free time palying vidya. Just like people that go out of their way to view trains or have mini train setups in their home are 'foamers'. You pass into that identifiable term when you go out of your way to spend free time doing that hobby, where as people who play candy crush only do so to waste time but wouldn't literally open it up and sit down to play instead of reading a book or watching tv or cross stitching or some shit.

You are a gamer you mongo smegmabrain

it literally has never ever been acceptable to call yourself a gamer

playing video games is an egregious waste of time, you should hide that shame not celebrate it

>making 30 the cutoff when this is embarrassing even at 20

If you have the need to call yourself something or fell the need to limit yourself in putting a label on yourself you are either a dumb kid or a 70 sub IQ adult. Like Jesus fuck kill yourself.

You are you, you like certain things. Simply because you play games you don't need to make it your identity. Or maybe you are mentally challenged like some homosexuals that need to make their sexual preference who they are. You don't see normal people saying what their sexual interests are when you first meet them right?
Oh sorry I got off track. Kys.

> I don’t want to be a 30+ year old with a bedroom like pic related

Why would cram a bunch of shit in your bedroom? Bedroom is for sleeping. Don't even put a TV in it you'll get better sleep. Also, don't spend money on figures. That autism. Those aren't video games. You shouldn't have any room like pic related.

I'm 31 years old I have 15 game consoles I don't give a shit. I don't give two fucks if people "silently judge me ;_;" like are you a woman lmao like "oh gosh what would Betty think..."

Most people either say nothing or think its cool and what to try out the weirder stuff like the Telstar Arcade or 3DO.

Dont be such an insecure faggot maybe. Nobody gives half a shit about your hobbies, that's what being an adult means. Not caring about other people, and paying off your mortgage.

why are you here

This is just a cope from weirdos. Collecting records or movies or something is perfectly fine and you won't get judged the same way some 30 year old collecting Disney figures would.

>video games will always hold value

Attached: ab.jpg (640x320, 15K)

>looks at picture
>toys everywhere
>Pikachu N64
>pink and baby-blue lunchboxes?!
>Jizzney-fucking-Princess toy chest
...Please tell me you're either a girl or a 100% total faggot.

Attached: 0tQ4Ins.jpg (514x1548, 235K)

>playing video games is an egregious waste of time
I've seen people brag about marathoning an entire season of some TV drama over a weekend and only getting off the couch to shit. These people had spouses and respectable careers.

>every Arcsys game ever
too bad their games are supposed to be multiplayer

I guess you're right, video games aren't a waste of time because people will also sit around all day watching TV

"HI my name is Bob, I'm A Gamer that is who I am. I am so shallow and uninteresting I label myself through external sources as I have nothing inside to share. Lol how is the weather? Work sure was boring. Man I hope they don't fuck up that star wars movie coming out."

This is a good 80% of you. Fucking kill yourself you worthless waste of space. If you are alone geeee I wonder why retard. Learn about yourself and build character instead of identifying yourself through external interest.

Fucking faggots...

I never met anyone who played games, except MMO's, at 40+ years of age. If you're worried about your room looking childish just go digital for your games and don't buy any figurines like your picture.

I'm low class so I don't have the money to leisurely spend on stupid shit like this like a typical middle class

You should visit the Pacific Northwest. Everyone out here is a gamer. Especially the Gen-Xers.

OUCH...
truth words right kiddies? I suggest you "gamers" take this advice and grow the fuck up. A grown adult shouldn't be putting a label on themselves. That's something kids do to fit in.

Attached: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.png (747x664, 105K)

Adults use their bedrooms for sleeping, not for video games.

Easy

Attached: 20190915_211508.png (746x664, 50K)

user, people who are 40+ remember a world where vidya wasn't a big deal. Nowadays it's just another form of entertainment.

Attached: 1422342036486.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

You can be a gamer without being a massive cringelord who collects children's toys. Or a weeb, for that matter.

Why? You're just like the other sheeple dude

>I don’t want to be a 30+ year old with a bedroom like pic related

Then don't buy physical merchandise. One good thing about gaming as a hobby is if you wish to be 'covert' it's pretty easy, considering most of your hobby is digital. Even so, if you love it, and are high functioning and reasoning as an adult in the first place, why take any shame in your hobby being video games? Only if you are low reasoning and think in terms of false philosophies (which means your life is probably a wreck) is when you are more likely to be ashamed of yourself, and by extension, your hobbies, since false philosophies and ways of reasoning cloud your world and make everything seem worse than it really is

Attached: hendrick-hudson-medium.jpg (360x450, 58K)

If you unironically call yourself a gamer. You have zero grounds to call someone a sheep. You sound like a dumb ass kid no older than 21.

Retard... The IP count has not changed. You are just samefagging your thread. Jesus fuck you are a retard.

The word "gamer" has been tainted by marketing departments.
You probably shouldn't own all that Disney kiddie shit if you are a past puberty. That includes capeshit.

Attached: vidja gaymes.png (747x664, 26K)

Hi I am Brian and I am a HARDCORE GAMER DUDE. GAMES ARE WHO I AM. I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MYSELF EXCEPT I LIKE GAMES. GAMES GAMES GAMES GAMES GAMES. PLEASE DONT ASK PERSONAL QUESTIONS, I GET UNCOMFORTABLE AS I TRY NOT TO THINK ABOUT THAT. CONSUME CONSUME CONSUME. GET GAME, GET IPHONE, WATCH NEW SHOW, WATCH MOVIE, EAT AT RESTAURANT, POST ON SOCIAL MEDIA THAT IT GOOD OR BAD. I AM A GAMER GAMER GAMER. CONSUME CONSUME CONSUME.

Baaaaa baaaaaaaa baaaaaaa

it’s weird seeing posts like these without wojaks

Weeb website

this is a 32 yo male bedroom

Yo

Attached: received_442976202969973.jpg (720x640, 40K)

Are you retarded OP? Since when does playing videogames mean that you need to buy overpriced plastic. I have played videogames all my life and I don't own a single figurine.

Age 16

>unironically calling yourself a "gamer"

You know that's a marketing term made by shitty western publishers right? The first usage of the word is pretty old as fuck but it's usage with video games is entirely marketing. That's why there's overpriced bullshit like gaymer headsets and chairs.

Imagine actually talking to someone in public and being like "yeah, I'm a gamer!".

Jesus.

This is just the family gaming center of a grown man happily married with young kids...r-right???

Attached: 1551055697073.jpg (232x197, 23K)

nope

I threw the last two points in the garbage

Attached: 1568593955165.png (747x664, 25K)

This would be my set up but Lego Dimensions and Amiibo. I was going to get into Infinity but Disney canned it before I bought the game so their loss.

fucking idiots that want story to be the focus of games. watch a movie.

It exists.

Attached: received_382185196001153.jpg (720x640, 38K)

Your room will look like that because you're probably a NEET with no disposable income.

allow me to post the first video game chart that isn't a shitty jrpg/wrpg

Attached: 1568593955165.png (747x664, 19K)

honestly gameplay should be an option on this chart

just because the game is single player focused with a good story doesn't mean it can't be fun to play

>Do you feel like there’s an upper age limit to shamelessly call yourself a “gamer”?
If it doesn’t interfere with your ability to otherwise live a normal life, why would there be one?

SC2

You can be a "gamer" and not collect stupid fucking knick knacks and figures.

>all singleplayer games are rpg's
absolute brainlet post

Yeah the upper age limit is 14.

I'm ASSUMING that replayability applies to singleplayer. If it applies to multiplayer too it'd probably be higher in favor of mod support.

Attached: file.png (747x664, 29K)