Nintendo never create new licen

>Nintendo never create new licen...

Attached: lasttwogens.png (958x672, 369K)

>"Nintendo never create new licenses"
>said by no one ever

>It-it doesn't count!
>It sold like shit vgchartz said so!

sadly those were ann one-offs and let's be honest, nobody cares about em as much as they do about like Zelda and stuff

>>>arms and labo
top kek, rest are based though

>Wii and dsi shovelware and some gimmick switch games and splatoon

Impeccable list OP, none of these have the style or charm of games like f zero or warioland, however

Where's AstralChain?

Right there, blind user.

I mean, it counts as a new IP. But other than Splatoon and maybe Wonderful 101 (haven't played it), everything on there is unironically soulless.

You can't compare IP's like Metroid and Pikmin to fucking Wii Sports and Steel Diver. Sure, they're both IP but don't even pretend like they're in the same category.

Fuck the need for everything to be customizable. We'll never get an iconic character out of Nintendo again. Notice how Smash Bros newcomers are starting to be generic template characters? We have the Inkling, the Hero, the Villager, the Mii fighters, etc. Those complete jokes of character names sum up the progression of Nintendo's IP. Everything needs to be up to the imagination of the player, so the actual IP has no personality or identity of its own.

Splatoon is literally the only good one on here

>1 2 switch
>based
explain

The reason why Nintendo never makes IPs on a rapid basis like they did in the 80s/90s was because nobody bought them.
How Splatoon began a success is a miracle in itself.

Drawn to Death, Driveclub, Knack, The Order 1886, Etwined, Until Dawn, The Last Guardian, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Alienation, Matterfall, Bound, Detroit: Become Human, Days Gone, Ghosts of Tsushima, Concrete Genie, Dreams, Astrobot, and Death Stranding.

All in the span of a generation.

>Knack, The Order 1886
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The ultimate pleb filters

>soulless
here's that nothing word again, I sure like completely subjective ill defined concepts that are impossible to argue against

games like dillon, codename steam, ever oasis, astral chain and even ring fit have plenty of charm and personality, and besides the last one I haven't played they're all very good games

I mean I didn't list stuff like tank troopers or miitomo because I didn't want to scrap the bottom of the barrel but I know it was foolish of me to expect the same dignity from snoyboys

All of those are shovelware manchildren take too seriously

Where's Steeldiver, Codename Steam, and Nintendoland at now?

seething

>Bridge Badge, Labo, Steeldivers
You scrapped the wood off the barrel

HarmoKnight isn't Nintendo, its GameFreak, another fairly recent (as in this decade) Nintendo IP that isn't included is Hana Samurai/Sakura Samurai, I doubt it'll ever get a new game but still.

it's published and owned by nintendo or else you'd have seen it on other platforms by now

When was the last new single player, in house game made?

it's out next month

1-2 switch was shovelware garbage and then they had the audacity to make you pay full price for it while wii sports and Nintendoland came with the system

Most new franchises nowadays are tried old formulas (mostly open world) and with a huge marketing campaign behind. So it's hardly a risk making a game like Days Gone or Anthem, despite them being new franchises, they don't have anything new to them.

KNACK 2 BABY

Half of those have nothing to do with Sony.

Over half of those are third party.

I should've added non shovelware garbage, which barely counts because nobody is going to play it.

Sony doesn't do sequels nowadays. But they don't do any new gameplay either.

Man, I remember in 2014 how many times this thread was made. It was the signature . sonyfriend shitposting tactic.

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAA.gif (200x150, 1011K)

Labo is cool.

>i-it doesn't count
every single time

>Steel Diver
Underrated but not by that much. Solid 7/10 if you knew what you were getting into. The F2P deathmatch Steel Diver TPS though, holy shit that was a blast for the 3 weeks it was active.
>Pushmo
Never played.
>Rolling Western
Dillon is one of Nintendo's coolest protagonists by far. His games are just squarely "good" but I love the style.
>Harmoknight
Game Freak's every-three-years reminder that they don't JUST do Pokemon.
>NintendoLand
Best pack-in, easy. Underrated game.
>W101
My favorite game of all time. I'd sacrifice every other IP on there and many more for it to be a successful IP.
>Rusty
I barely know what this game is.
>BoxBoy!
Really nice games. Haven't played the new one but the demo was good.
>STEAM
Not my genre but looked cooler than any Fire Emblem to me.
>Badge Arcade
Was this even a game?
>Splatoon
Nothing more to be said, it was a huge successs.
>12Switch
Kinda shit, really disappointing after Nintendoland, and it wasn't even a pack-in.
>ARMS
Great spin on fighting games, 10/10 character design, great music. I hope for a sequel.
>EO
Never played.
>Snipperclips
Extremely pleasant game. I get the impression the game was made with couples in mind.
>Miitopia
Didn't play but holy FUCK the music is good.
>Labo
All gimmicks.
>Sushi
I had no clue this is actually a Nintendo IP.
>Astral Chain
Great. Not W101 good but it's clearly bigger budget. I'm down for more Platinum Nintendo IPs.
>RingFit
A gimmick but a lot more interesting than Labo to me for some reason. Maybe it's just the novelty of combining Fitness & JRPG genres.

Attached: 1548678832969.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

Yep, because ring fit and sushi strikers are the same thing as fucking zelda, mario, and kirby.

Based IPs That Deserve A Future
>Wonderful 101
>Condename Steam
>Snipperclips
>Astral Chain

Ok IPs That Have Potential
>Rolling Western
>Arms
>Nintendo Land
>Ever Oasis
>Pushmo

Let It Die
>everything else

It's really weird to me that only Splatoon and arguably Arms are the only successful completely 1st party IPs since the 2000s.

Attached: MLB.png (1500x1312, 947K)

Astrobot scored higher than all those games in the OP.

Attached: Astro-Bot-sleep-wallpaper-05_1539162099412.jpg (1920x1080, 175K)

sony bonus

>kirby
sure looks more interesting than every kirby game since air ride at least

>1 2 Switch

I really want another steel diver with gyro