Yea Forums's thoughts on Super Mario 3D Land?

is it an underrated classic and the closest thing we've gotten to a 2D Mario in 3D, or a forgettable little piece of mediocrity hyped up mostly by trolls, contrarians, and bitter old 2Dfags who never got over being dumped by Miyamoto?

Attached: sm3dl.jpg (1500x1339, 306K)

Other urls found in this thread:

actionbutton.net/?p=1227
youtu.be/TSb2R9mJ1gY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's basically New Super Mario Bros.
Competent in every regard, fun to play, but ultimately just another decent game.
Game was far too short and far too easy, 100% took barely 10 hours.
>Miyamoto
In defence of the contrarians, we got some decent games out of Nintendo when Miyamoto wasn't involved.

It was just a prototype for Super Mario 3D World.
Once that game came out, this game had no reason to be played anymore.
PORT THIS FUCKING GAME TO THE SWITCH
YOU PORTED CAPTAIN TOAD SO WHY THE FUCK NOT THIS TOO, YOU IDIOTS

Attached: Super-Mario-3D-World.jpg (522x756, 187K)

its my fav 3d mario game lol

3d land is far better than 3d world because 3d land is actually build with the hardware's key feature in mind, stereoscopic 3d

this allows for more creative level design and better depth perception which is crucial for this kind of camera

It's too easy, it ignores all the Mario "rules" and the lack of themed worlds make it feel like a collection of random levels made by their B or C team in charge of rehashing shit with zero sense of progression.
It was a good novelty with absolute zero replay value or memorable anything.

>3d land is far better than 3d world because 3d land is actually build with the hardware's key feature in mind, stereoscopic 3d
Kek.
Seriously tho who the fuck cares about that dumb shit.
Don't talk to me, gay baby.

I've played through it at least 3 times, pretty good. Great as far as portable mario goes.

>all those gimmick levels where you had to tap/blow into the gamepad
Yeah it's not getting a port anytime soon

Please stop eating shit.
The "built with feature in mind" is used in two rooms where you can press a switch to see that is WOW 3D! And all that garbage Miyamoto used to throw about the 3D allowing for more precise jumps is pure bullshit because not only it was actually worse, you always end up using your own shadow as a guide

this is the best 3d mario, unless you prefer a hub world that wastes your time

3D Land > 3D World
I'm not sure what it is, but Land held my attention all the way to Luigi but World grew boring before the first playthrough was done, and I never went back for the other runs.

They can keep it.

It doesn't break the mold or anything, but it was fun if you just want to play a Mario game.

I liked it. It wasn't 10/10 GOTYAY OMGOMG but I had a pleasant time from start to finish with it.
3D World I especially enjoyed. Liked it enough to even switch characters constantly, so everyone was getting playtime.

Didn't captain toad have that too?
And they modified it quite easily to have an "interactive cursor" thing and that was it?

it's been years and I still can't get over tim rogers' review of 3D Land

actionbutton.net/?p=1227

Attached: abdn-sm3dl.png (1197x1079, 276K)

>3d land is far better than 3d world because 3d land is actually build with the hardware's key feature in mind, stereoscopic 3d
What the fuck this doesn't make any sense. 3D World is just better all around. Just because 3D land uses the stereoscopic 3D doesn't mean it's good, let alone better than 3D World.

you're a nigger

it's used in multiple vertical levels which actually bring something new in a 3d mario game, just look at how much better use of the propeller boxes 3d land makes compared to 3d world using them at completely random times divorced from the general level design

You're just a weird, sad retard that is in love with a shitty gimmick nobody else gives a fuck about.
Stop getting an erection at what is the visual equivalent of jingling car keys and understand actual good game design.
Bet you're the same faggot that creamed his pants over motion controls during the Wii era.
How disgusting.

World is full of bloated level design, they intentionally blew up levels to make them easy to traverse in multiplayer. It's most blatantly obvious in levels like Sprawling Savanna which is just a flat wasteland of nothing. Land is way tighter.

What in the everloving fuck is this review?!
Prostate cancer?
Not getting laid because of Mario Garalxy?
What is this onenagryincel tier nonsense?
Where's the vidya?

3D land definitiely is a fun romp through mario, and is more than a protype for 3D world. It's one more of those Nintendo titles that rewards you for beating the game with even more content which is amazing. It's a strong entry that can stand sidebyside with 3D world which it does and did, being 3DS's signature mario game.

youtu.be/TSb2R9mJ1gY
>Special World 8 map theme is that Draw Mario song from Flipnote Studio
Soul

welcome to mr rogers' neighborhood, user

>best 3d mario
what about odyssey?

>The "built with feature in mind" is used in two rooms where you can press a switch to see that is WOW 3D!
those rooms were pretty damn lame, yeah
>And all that garbage Miyamoto used to throw about the 3D allowing for more precise jumps is pure bullshit because not only it was actually worse, you always end up using your own shadow as a guide
I dunno- I felt like it made a difference, albeit nothing revolutionary.