Kojima isn't just a hack. That's way too generous...

Kojima isn't just a hack. That's way too generous. Kojima is such a ball of bad ideas that his Kojimaisms had to be toned down by Konami in order to even give us the slightly coherent MGS1.

Despite all of Konami's wisdom, sniffing out Kojima's bullshit, it didn't matter. We were still left with horribly overrated games that no serious critic would consider "good" in a modern context, either in its exposition-laden story or its clunky & outdated gameplay.

Now that Konami can't control any of Kojima's Kojimaisms, what do you think will happen now? His entire "empire" built by rapid fans will totally collapse, the veil will be lifted and the biggest fraud of the gaming industry will be unmasked.

No amount of feigned good will will save Death Stranding. It will be a massive flop and critics will bury it harder than Kojima buried his career with MGSV.

You can see it in these shit videos showcasing "gameplay" - people are just being nice, but they'll be way less nice when they realized they wasted 60$ on a complete turd that barely even constitutes as a game.

Attached: kojimahack.jpg (825x464, 159K)

This isn't even speaking of his rabid fanbase, but I can forgive them since they'll have it hard enough when their false idol collapses.

Imagine being one of the last holdouts for Kojima's fallen empire. Nucelebrity worship madness gone awry.

Sex

Kojima is god

Attached: dFPbd10.jpg (1536x2048, 666K)

Why does Kojima trigger Yea Forums so much nowadays?

i think death stranding looks neat. its doing something new with the gameplay and artistically it looks beautiful. will the story be dumb? probably.

Name a successful person that doesn't trigger Yea Forums

Will you come back and prostrate yourself before Yea Forums when it end up being Silent Hills?

rent free

Sakurai, everyone kinda respects him

The critical success of Death Stranding will either prove OP right or make him and everyone else who agrees look like fools.
MGSV was a wobble, but a minor one. If he can make a decent game that isn't Metal Gear and away from Konami, he may deserve the praise be gets.

How onions do you have to be to believe MGSV was a "wobble"? It was the biggest disaster of gaming in the 2010s. Wait, no, I'm sorry, second biggest, after Death Stranding.

It's one of the best games ever made

It wasn't a disaster just because you didn't like it, it sold extremely well.

The bait posts are funny but subtlety plays large part in making them both funny and (You) worthy.
For instance, saying MGSV is the biggest gaming disaster of the 2010s is simply absurd when games like Diablo 3, Sim City and Fallout 76 all released this decade.
What would have been better is something about Kojima being a hack, since it's not a far cry from the truth.
Keep working at it, and you'll get there someday.

He makes some rather fine games. People say his games got shittier each time but he was even hackier in the past, MGS1 is a complete rehash of MG2, pretty much the only original idea is the torture scene, then MGS2 is also a rehash of MGS1 but audaciously justified in-plot. In his later games he actually managed to be original. Even PW which was a monhun clone in an era of monhun clones, was probably the most original monhun clone out there. You have to admit whenever you played each of the games that you had never played something quite like it before.

Only because of the corrupt gaming journalism industry. It would have been a bomb if ethics were a thing in journalism, but they have never been a thing in gaming journalism.

If you look at it objectively, it's only really challenged by the likes of Fallout 76, but even that only got dunked on because Bethesda annoyed people with Fallout 4, another disaster masked by corrupt jurnos.

He has a great work ethic but he also has retarded opinions on game balance and the competitive nature of his own game.
Nigga literally said that games should have badly balanced characters to be fun.

Hideo Kojima.

I read that chapter last week and got a good laugh outta that one honestly. Was not expecting a kojimbles reference from pynch

You guys talk so much shit about Kojima yet will buy Death Stranding anyway and enjoy it. After which you’ll all be on Hideo’s dick.

I have never played a Metal Gear game but even I know that Kojima is one of the greatest game devs of or generation.

Because you are a sheep that believes what the media tells you.

Kojima is a God and you are essentially the equivalent of an ant in comparison.

>using the word "objectively" at all
How was MGSV "objectively" a gaming disaster only rivaled by Fallout 76?

One!
One chance with life is all you get
Two!
So pick your sides and place your bet
Three!
Cause you know we've been here before
Four!
Won every time but who's keeping score?
Five!
Still kicking, still alive
Six!
We built this to survive
Seven!
Every day is a blessing

Eight, nine, ten!

Here we go again!

Oh kid I've heard this all before
Don't waste your time, don't be so sure
I've seen them come, I've seen them go
They thought they'd win, but now they know
We were the first to come and try
Won't be the last to say goodbye
Through all these tears I still believe
We're bringing all our enemies

Down, down, down, down, down, down, down

Sing it out, woah
Bring it down, woah
Sing it out, my friend, bring it down again
Sing it out, woah
Bring it down, woah

Stand down this fight cannot be won
It's over before it's begun
Nowhere to hide, nowhere to run
Who's on your side, you're still having fun
You ain't the first to come and die
Digging these graves for miles and miles
Through everything we still achieve
In bringing all our enemies

Sing it out, woah
Bring it down, woah
Sing it out, woah
Bring it down, woah
Sing it out, woah
Bring it down, woah
Sing it out, woah
Sing it out, woah
Bring it down

Bring it, bring it back...
Ten
Nine
Eight
Seven
Six
Five
Four
Three
Two
One

Open world with nothing to do except the same cut and paste tasks with all the creativity of steam shovelware asset flips. No real story, just plastered fanservice ideas Kojima dumped out.

Nonfunctional multiplayer, microtransactions, 80s nostalgia bait at a time when 80s nostalgia had been run into the ground by nuboomers who weren't even alive and just want to look cool, etc.

Trash. Absolute trash. Objectively.

It's fun though.

obsessed

Only if you are eating raw estrogen.

Yeah, but how does this make it an "objective failure" comparable to Fallout 76?
These listings aren't even objective.

>nothing to do in this Metal Gear Solid game except stealth and subterfuge in large environments, with lots of weapons, fighting bosses and building up your base
Alright.

Because his games are primarily only on Playstation. So 3/4 are tired of hearing about him praised, and call him an overrated hack to signal the superiority of their personal choice of platform (because that says more about you than any single game, and you can't pass up a chance to shit on people who are different). The other 1/4 have diverse tastes, and tend to define them by what they don't like, rather than what they DO like. Liking something here is basically painting a target on your back, and puts the burden on you to defend it, so everyone hates on shit to feel smug from a safe distance. If something gets a ton of hate here before it's released, count on selling a lot of copies.

Attached: older-man-giving-thumb-up-computer-game-16618158.jpg (600x900, 57K)

You people said the same thing about MGSV.

We were right about MGSV. Kojima was only able to stave off his demise from the games industry through cult-like dedication.

How much did they pay you

Konami have asked you to choose between one of two dev teams. The one who is not chosen is disbanded and all the members fired. Kojima Productions or Team Silent. Which do you choose.

Attached: chnvigv6uykz.png (633x348, 386K)

MGSV was an unfinished game because of Ko money and even like that it turned out successful. But I rather it didn't
Ko money is hiring shills for while to defend their company and attack Kojima. No faggot would side with a company that destroyed every franchise they had, and turned into money grabbing phone games

Now Konami can go back to their glory days of Gradius, Goemon and Tokimeki Memorial.

Kojima took multiple Silent Hill members with him though.

PT could've been better than the original Silent Hill.

The director of the original did the right thing joining with Sony. Now Kojima did the same.

TS was fired but they were not allowed to say it

The people who attack him never mention his games, as he never made one. Maybe because they never played

How is Bleeding Edge in terms of comprehensibility? Fairly easy to follow like Lot 49 or more on the what the fuck am I reading levels of Gravity's Rainbow?

Pretty much.

I make the same choice as Konami and choose neither.

Keiichi Toyama?

thats such a dishonest representation it's like you work for huffpost. Games with unbalanced characters/classes are more immediately fun than ones that are balanced. That much is fact. Stating that fact and having someone else inject "should" into the statement is not grounds for being lynched.

Yes. He took two SH devs with him and they have been working on Sony ever since. They made Syren series and Gravity Rush. The rest of TS should have done the same

>Iga
>Toyama
>Kojima
What happened for Konami to just drive off all its creators?

Yea Forums, do you genuinely believe that the whole world is stupid and you're just the exception? Christ, imagine living in a world where you GENUINELY think you're smarter than everyone because you don't like a video game most people like.

Attached: 1553445412682.jpg (253x322, 17K)

For what purpose?

>the whole world is stupid and you're just the exception?
It's true, but MGSV is the best game.

How old are you? Be completely honest.

Attached: 1553114997553.gif (500x570, 465K)

382 and a half months old

Kojima's problem is that he doesn't know when to hit the brakes. He throws a heap of shit into his games and people think its genius.

Same thing with Death Stranding. Its an open world TPS with stealth, delivery, weight management, ladders and ropes, online connectivity and the story is save Murrica while fighting rival delivery men and oil ghost baby monsters armed only with a goofy gun and a baby in a jar. I wanted Death Stranding to be sci-fi Silent Hills, like the original trailer gave us that feel of.

Around 570 years give or take.

That description sounds really fun, Kojima is awesome.

Good. We need more maximalism works to move us past post-modern.

They always wanted to make more money by hiring cheaper inexperienced devs after the franchise turned out great, and the good devs that made that way were no longer needed for them. Because they thought that people would ignore all this and buy a cheaper the game only because of the same title of the other one before

>more immediately fun
lmao

>I wanted Death Stranding to be sci-fi Silent Hills, like the original trailer gave us that feel of.
That first trailer is still relevant to the game though. Just because they're choosing not to show much of the strange otherworld and beached oceans and ghosts and monsters doesn't mean you should forget about all that stuff. Not to mention Cliff mentioned Lisa by name in the last fucking TGS demo

What's maximalism?

>kojima
>games

>Kojima's problem is that he doesn't know when to hit the brakes.
Another fag complaining about too much creativity like this is a problem for him. The crazier he gets the better his games will be
>I wanted Death Stranding to be sci-fi Silent Hills
>Wants DS to be a clone from another game as we hadn't enough

I want it to be made for ME! ME! I'M the center of the universe. ME

My problem with Death Stranding is that the gameplay does not reflect what the first few trailers were like. I thought this was going to be a sci fi horror game with surrealist elements. Now it's just another bog fucking standard TPS game. What happened with all those stranded sea creatures? What about those giant floating alien gods? Who are those five floating figures? Why was everything connected by umbilical cords?

I knew everything was going to shit when Kojima said that the reveal trailer for Death Stranding isn't literal. That shot of those whales on the beach is not going to LITERALLY happen in this game. It's such a fucking shame. It's like when you see a cool piece of concept art for a game, only to find out that it was scrapped completely.

Attached: 1555589720764.jpg (1024x1004, 107K)

>choosing not to show much of the strange otherworld and beached oceans and ghosts and monsters
Satisfying gameplay loop is equally if not more important than interesting concepts. And so far, the gameplay loop looks, well...

>zoomer
>argument

>What happened with all those stranded sea creatures? What about those giant floating alien gods? Who are those five floating figures? Why was everything connected by umbilical cords?
I don't think any of those have much to do with gameplay.

I already came to terms with the fact that gameplay is not going to be anything special. I want to see what's going on with the story, and the story looks like it's going to be crap.

>That shot of those whales on the beach is not going to LITERALLY happen in this game.
Actually the scene seems to be in the game.

No, Kojima said in an interview that it's just symbolic.

After you play with IH, you come to a realization that vanilla MGSV IS an empty wasteland with nothing to do

Relax. Most of the shit you just said is yet to be confirmed in the game. MGSV was unfinished but I don't think that this will happen again

Plenty to do. Theres bases, outposts, vehicles, and patrols constantly, its like 30 seconds of travel between each one.

He said it's in the game and posted pics of the scene in the game on his twitter. People are even currently complaining that the in game version of the scenes look downgraded.

Really? I hate to ask, but could you post it? I can't find that anywhere.

Attached: KOJIMA IS A HACK.webm (640x360, 2.89M)

Too bad he didnt leave all this info as a surprise, he caved to all the entitled babies.

I guess. Give me a minute. The trailer being in the game was one of those dozens of tweets he made where it was just him posting pictures of the screen while he played.

>gameplay loop
Looking at games this way is a shame. It's like you try to break the whole game down into "what will I be spending my time doing most in this game, can I justify it or will I be wasting my life?" You shouldn't even bother playing games with more complexity than quick satisfying time-wasters if you want to look at them all that way.
That said I think the gameplay looks like fun, the BTs especially.

This. Yea Forums has a MAJOR problem with the sunk cost fallacy.

heaven

Here is the picture Kojima uploaded showing the first trailer in the game. The lighting and shit is different but it is the same shot.

Attached: crab.jpg (733x674, 73K)

Thank you, I appreciate it.

I love morrowind though, which is the antithesis quick time waster yet has a satisfying gameplay loop.

Creativity unto itself means nothing. Marvel, for example, is wholly successful and is the closest example to objective perfection we have because it doesn't take risks. Risks shouldn't be taken for their own sake, it results in a world where retards consider Kojima "a genius".

the zone of the enders games were excellent though but yeah all his other games are trash.

Attached: A Hideo Kojima Wojak.jpg (211x239, 9K)

>We live in a timeline where Yea Forums is so utterly fucking contrarian that they defend capeshit over Metal Gear

Attached: 1556686902029.jpg (477x450, 66K)

The Zone of the Enders games were not made by Kojima.

thats not contrarian, that just means your old and out of touch gramps, go stick an onion on your belt and scram

Is there ANYWHERE I can find the gameplay footage at the Tokyo Game Show in English subtitles?

Creativity is all there is unless you want to make easy and fast money. Marvel just did a pile of movies that looked all the same for a bunch of zoomer retards to consume. Those who consider Kojima a genius are much loyal than these zoomers, because they understand the risks that he took in making something better

don't you have school tomorrow? when did Yea Forums become a zoomer infested shithole?

It's been years, I almost posted a You must be new here Willy Wonka at you dude.

the shitch is dead, pc gaymen is dead, xbone was never alive, and death stranding is going to be a huge success. all is right in the world.

I havent had school in many years you old fuck peer, but Yea Forums and 4chinannel was always and is always and will forever always be filled with 6 year old and younger.

Attached: KojimaisDOG.png (1200x800, 52K)

>it's been years

how would you know zoomy?

Absolute yikes.

>I haven't had school in many years

ya I can tell

CAN YOU DIPSHITS STOP ARGUING AND JUST FUCKING HELP ME OUT!?

Attached: 1568115884460.png (400x416, 156K)

how u tell?

Seeth

Try learning japanese instead of spoon feeding, pathetic.

I'm sorry I'm not a fucking weebshitter who needs to learn Japanese to play his autistic visual novels, you wretched cunt

Maybe you should change your lifestyle then.

To be a weebshitter? No thanks

Perhaps, but it seems you are a shitter that needs to learn Japanese to watch his gameplay trailers.

Then forever wallow in despair at your lack of insight into the honorable eastern culture.

I really missed out on the Kojima train. My only experience was MGS1, thought it was cool cause my friend had it when we were kids and he finished it. He showed me the ending and I was wondering why it tried so hard to be like a movie but sucked. Never bothered with his games.

Years later we get shit trailers like this and I wonder if he and everyone he works with is just high as fuck

I don't think you comprehended my post, maybe the entire reply chain.

>I was wondering why it tried so hard to be like a movie
It's because of the storyline. Didn't you have those when you were younger or you prefer to read a boring text telling what the fuck the game you play is about. After MGS many others did the same to include movie like cut scenes in their game and that was good as long the fag who plays cares about the plot unlike you of course

Has this board really gotten to a point that it will actually defend Konami, one of the shittiest money-grubbing video game companies in the world with active disdain for their customers, just to spite some gook wannabe director?

You dumb contrarian faggots would cut your own dicks off if you thought it would pique the far-left or someone mildly famous.

You seem to have missed a key part of that quote

They are now shilling for new MGS games too. They are praising a new game that copied all his stuff

Good to hear it. Is there really a loop to something like Morrowind when you mostly choose your own way to spend time?

The part where you say it sucked as movie but don't explain why. His movie games is actually better than most movies these days

That's an incredibly low standard. Being a less stinky turd doesn't mean it isn't a turd.

Just admit that you hate the storyline

Impossible, Silent Hills was never canceled.

I can admit that I hated a shit story, yeah. What makes you think I was denying that?

Why does that slim girl have bigger bicep than all the guys.

That's your taste then. Trying to be a movie wasn't your problem after all

>His entire "empire" built by rapid fans will totally collapse
I'm a massive fan since the original MGS and save for PW I absolutely love all his games and even I don't don't care as much as his haters do about DS.

you people are too obsessed.

Why a girl make games

>Trying to be a movie wasn't your problem after all

I'll repeat: you seem to have missed a key part of that quote.

I bet you won't say because there isn't

Holy shit are you an actual gator?

Attached: 1420927629253.png (500x500, 406K)

What thee fuck, Pinecone is actually trying to maintain hipness.

Hint: it's the 3 words that you cut off.

Thank Blaustein for the MGS1 we needed.

I like him just cause hes a wacky dude

>I was wondering why it tried so hard to be like a movie but sucked.
It did so you could enjoy the story. But you hated the story

>nuboomers

Attached: 1568083665830.jpg (510x512, 48K)

Moo more nigger cattle

Fucking Pynchon I swear

Attached: 1568233386363.png (500x667, 497K)

OP, being right or wrong, there's one thing we all can agree about.

There's a lot at stakes with this game. Money, reputations, the future of a lot of people will be decided this November 8. DS is going to be a system seller or the biggest flop of story of video games. And I for once, without seeing any gameplay, the only thing I want is to be able to play with V. I hope the game has shareables IDs like in Mario Maker. I would make threads just to share mine and play with you faggots.

Attached: 1568072081113.gif (450x338, 55K)

I agree, but I hope there's still a chance Kojima can bounce back and make a better game if it ends up being bad. He's listened to critics in the past, see MGS2 and MGSV. I think if it is bad there's still a chance he could release something amazing next.

Sorry, meant to say MGS3, not 2.

Same here. So far it looks like we'd all be on one server, so we might have to coordinate here to pick spots to build things or destroy things, and what to piss on.

This is the first time he makes a non MGS game I think. So we have no idea of how it will turn out

>I hope the game has shareables IDs like in Mario Maker.
It does. If you leave items for players to use or build a structure your name or PSN appears on it. So you can be travelling through some waist deep snow freezing to death struggling and then find a life saving locker full of warm clothing and boots kindly left by MisterListerTheSisterFister.

He made Zone of the Enders, Snatcher, Policenauts

He didn't directed those games

All he wanted was to make a casual children's party game and now the poor man has to contend with a legion of autists treating it as though it were a competitive fighter

He is the writer/director/designer of Policenauts

I have a question for the people who saw gameplay. It is possible to make a war against Resetera and Reddit communities? Do the mechanics shown in TGS confirm if it's possible killing and voidouting other groups? user has said you can build stuff but nothing else.

Attached: 1568298057522.jpg (1000x1000, 59K)

You can take items for yourself and void out destroys shit. I don't really know about factions though. Seems like the game will just be random individuals going about helping other random individuals along the way with the occasional fuck up.

I understand. This guy wants to make people to cooperate with each other through adversities. War mechanisms would be counterproductive.

It'll be something like
>at a big crevice
>player 1 places ladder to cross it leaves ladder behind
>player 2 arrives and uses same ladder to cross
>player 3 arrives and uses same ladder to cross and leaves a like for player 1
>player 4 arrives goes hey free ladder picks it up
>player 5 arrives at crevice and must find another path or use their own ladder

Can't find the director listed for Snatcher. I saw directing credit on Policenauts for Kojima. This is just going off of Wikipedia though, I'm just saying what I saw, I had no idea he didn't direct ZOE.

So far it doesn't look like we'll be able to directly interact with other players in terms of fighting them and stuff, it looks like we can see items and gifts and buildings from other players. The fact that we can see constructions like bridges built by other players suggests that we might all share void-outs too. That would mean we can selectively destroy the environment and structures for other people as well as ourselves.

He only uses non-lethal weaponry on the human enemies in the demo, and they only use electric stunning weopons too. It'll be interesting to see how much effect killing the enemies actually has, if it really draws in BTs and makes the whole area more dangerous and in risk of a void-out.

Journalists keep alive a lot of turds that don't qualify as games, and are just mediocre hollywood productions.
Mostly low IQ americans with meaningless lives are the target public.

Attached: 1568609394833.jpg (640x640, 57K)