The john carmack of the 21st first century

The john carmack of the 21st first century.

Attached: 1556762114635.png (800x534, 331K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eatchain.com/garbage/METALGEAR???/Metal Gear Solid 2 Agness Kaku Intereview/Page 1/Hardcore Gaming 101 Agness Kaku Interview.htm
techtimes.com/articles/54603/20150521/witcher-3-developer-yes-graphics-downgraded-consoles.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Kojima made games before carmack

Carmack is a hack autist that doesn't understand niches

Carmack can code and thats about it.
Kojima can produce and write stories that put every western dev to shame.

>its true
Wtf?

>Kojima can produce and write stories that put every western dev to shame.

imagine actually believing this, 'lol dude she can't wear clothes because uhhhhh it's like suffocation for her! or something. muh vocal chord parasites'

'dude what if we make mission imposible the game but with japanese bullshit?'

>What if we made Mission Impossible but good
I don't see the problem

Carmack is a programmer, Kojima is a designer (and a writer). Completely different roles. Kojima would be closer to Romero.

All I see is based as fuck writing. Go dilate retard.

>kojimbots actually believe this

Kojimbo is going to make everyone his bitch in November.

Yes now go 'play' your Western adult and mature Last of Us.

Hackjima was obliged to make a videogame once in his life to survive and not die of starvation which was a great success but he hated the experience so much he has been trolling videogamers for decades after that traumatic episode...
Has Kojima become, dare I say, the Steve Jobs of videogames ?

Attached: 1566497975630.jpg (592x394, 72K)

kojima has such an autistic infatuation with america that I'm willing to bet he'd suck one off if he was wearing a 10 gallon hat and holding a burger in one hand and a gun in the other

The Tommy Wiseau of videogames

Nice joke. Coding is also the most important aspect of making a game.

That ricenigga is almost as overrated as Quentin Tarantino

Attached: 1568524217184.jpg (1200x800, 126K)

He doesn't like you Billy Joe he likes your Hollywood celebrities.

Carmack is a nerd that made modern games into what they are, you watch your fucking fingers child.

A kojimafag calling anything else a moviegame? Did you never touch Metal Gear in your life? Especially the 4th game, holy shit you are delusional.

Really? What exactly was the story part other companies have not achieved?
I'm waiting.

>the 4th game
You mean the one with at least 10 hours of gameplay that put every Western third person shooter to shame.

>Not liking violence
Okay, it's okay if you're a fag and all...but don't ruin fun for everyone else because you think you're some sort of sophisticated intellect. You wouldn't be here of all places if you were.

>10 hours of gameplay
>The 4th one
Am I reading this correctly? 10 hours of gameplay? To who?

>that put every Western third person shooter to shame.
Retard, western shooters are face paced. MGS is a stealth game that takes longer to complete because you have to move at a slower pace. How dumb are you?

carmack is an engineering nerd. he's a genius rocket scientist, but he's just a technology guy. he doesn't have the design chops kojima has.

I meant fast paced. I was too blinded by the arrogance to catch my own typos in time since I was imagining strangling the faggot that is

>don't ruin fun for everyone
So him calling Quentin a hack is ruining everything for you? Why are you so insecure about your taste, are you an insecure little bitch boy bro?

>he doesn't have the design chops kojima has.
First of all...without programming lead game designers would be powerless.
Secondly. there's been a thing going around that Kojima was not solely responsible for MGS and there. I suggest looking into that if you're curious about the controversy.
Third, and this is important. Kojima is a game designer, and for kids who don't know what that means basically simplifies it to being the one who directs things, like a director. Without the aid of his team, he is nothing. If you want to praise anyone, praise those who actually did the fucking work.

Attached: 1568564869534.jpg (1920x2160, 786K)

You lack reading comprehension son. I suggest studying up before puffing your internet ego to me. I said, and pay attention "don't ruin fun for everyone" notice the word "everyone"? Everyone is not everything. Learn the difference before speaking to those who are obviously out of your league child.

>videogames

holy fuck

You seem to be confusing gameplay and cutscenes. MGS4 has less gameplay than cutscenes.

power of the PS4

How does this shit even shock you? Are you 12? Is this your first comparison shot from a game convention vs final product in your life?
Welcome to reality son.

>Makes it about the console when the console could easily show such footage.
Wow, and I thought religion and politics was fucking annoying. Console wars is dead grandpa, you can stop the propaganda at anytime now.

>praise anyone, praise those who actually did the fucking work.
obviously, but he is the face of the product, not the nameless codemonkeys. without guys like kojima, the codemonkeys would have nothing to do.

>seething the post

Just for when the deluded kojima drones start screeching about the youtube compression meme.

Attached: 1565071471187.png (1920x2994, 3.62M)

>Kojima can produce and write stories
okay but what about video games

So, the engine behind TGA 2016 was Post-Morten Engine, and the one in TGS 2019 is Decima?

I think you mean Romero.

That logic not only shows how arrogant you are, but how immature you refuse to admit defeat on not knowing what you're talking about.
Kojima was not Konami. Konami hired everyone involved in Kojima's work. That means everyone working for Kojima is quite capable of producing stuff for other games without the "guidance" of Kojima. Do you even know what Kojima's job actually was and what it consisted of? Generally curious since you want to match wits with someone who has actually worked in the field of game design.

I still don't understand how him thinking Quentin is a hack could ruin anyone's fun. The only way that could be true is if he called quentin a hack in the presence of some little pussy boy who's insecure about his liking for tarantino films.

I think you're an insecure little pussy hole, user.

I didn't think it would be THAT bad, shit borders on ps3 tier

Right, why debate when you can make a meme as an easy exit.
I figured I was talking to an idiot talking out his ass. Thanks for confirming that.

seethe more it's getting funnier

That's not the console's fault they lowered the quality. Also it's obvious they are showing two different builds. Presentation and final product is always different. You'd know that if you were not so fucking lazy and actually knew shit about your supposed hobby.

>That's not the console's fault they lowered the quality.
Nice joke.

>That's not the console's fault they lowered the quality.
are you fuckin serious?

>cinematic trailer vs. gameplay
What's the big deal? Happens with every game.

Humor me then kids, wanna talk tech? Let's talk tech. Mind explaining why they'd need to lower the quality? Bet you can't.

Hes a HORRIBLE producer, and his good writing is credited to others.
this is either weak bait, or you genuinely don't know what your'e talking about, and you're just parroting.

Attached: images.jpg (218x231, 7K)

Hideo has become the Kojima of video games.

>or you genuinely don't know what your'e talking about, and you're just parroting.
You'll learn fast after being here for over a decade it's just a bunch of idiots who repeat shit someone else said. They actually don't know what the fuck they say half the time. Bunch of 20 year olds who have it in their head they're gods gift of intelligence.

you know nothing
it's the same engine, things just got downgraded for performance to fit the platform

Why would the build being newer have to make it look worse? How the fuck does that make any sense to you?
>Mind explaining why they'd need to lower the quality?
Because as the game goes farther along in development, it gets bigger and the hardware in question can't properly run the game without significant downgrades. Games get downgraded for a reason, moron. Do you even know what a vertical slice is?

>Bunch of 20 year olds who have it in their head they're gods gift of intelligence.
I've found myself posting less with age, pretty sure zoomers make up the majority of this site now.

Top is the norm for current gen.
bottom is last gen.

The fact that tops rendered helps it dramatically, specially when you can get that perfect light angle and color.

but bottom is such a massive step back.

>Why would the build being newer have to make it look worse? How the fuck does that make any sense to you?
Because I (unlike you) fully understand why not only them, but every company does this shit. You're an idiot.
>Because as the game goes farther along in development, it gets bigger and the hardware in question can't properly run the game without significant downgrades. Games get downgraded for a reason, moron. Do you even know what a vertical slice is?
Want to call me a moron? Let's see who the real moron is: I want you to explain, in high REAL technical terms why they'd need to downgrade. Let's go.

It's become too public in the past decade. Kids come in here, they want to hang out and be cool and shit on everything like all college nerds do. It's part of life to not want to associate yourself with arrogant children.

to be fair if engines weren't also the nightmarish proprietary hell spaghetti buildings and the lead engineers weren't a bunch of incompetent fucks chances are there'd be more flexibility to optimize the products for the console of choice so it looks better
though consoles being literal pc boxes with their own UIs doesn't really help either we're not in the cell days anymore

>every company does it
That doesn't stop the fact that it still happens for a reason, you fucking moron. This is also only an issue for console games.

Still waiting on that real reply kiddo.

>I want you to explain, in high REAL technical terms why they'd need to downgrade.
Performance.

Try again. Use actual terms, and there's more than just performance. Can you figure it out?

>and there's more than just performance.
So now you're admitting that games get downgraded because of hardware limitations?

>Try again
okay you explain it then since you think you know what you're talking about or are you just going to reply with kiddo again

No, no where did I say that at all. You're just trying to connect things you obviously do not get about game design or how companies work.

Do you admit defeat? Do you actually admit you talk out of your ass like everyone else here? Admit that and I'll GLADLY explain because unlike you, I have actual experience.

Not one, but two of his english translators shitted all over his writing. One of them bashed him so hard he actually went all out of his way to take down the interview where that happened and now you can only find that in archived form.

eatchain.com/garbage/METALGEAR???/Metal Gear Solid 2 Agness Kaku Intereview/Page 1/Hardcore Gaming 101 Agness Kaku Interview.htm

you are fucking retarded you just keep repeating yourself, if it will make the baby happy i'll admit defeat so you can GLADLY give us your knowledge on this subject you know so much about

Cringe

I've only skimmed it, but it looks like shes complaining about konami instead of kojima.
And the fans themselves seem to be redirecting her hate towards kojima.

Have you read the scripts the translators wanted to implement? They're terrible.

I like how you want info yet keep calling me retarded but admit defeat? Ask nicely. Now.

Don't care. You're all a bunch of fucking armchair developers who never worked anywhere in this shit in your life. You know jack shit about development. Just a bunch of groupies telling people and making potshot guesses a child can connect to make logical sense.

I admit defeat, would you kindly tell us all what we were wrong about. :)

This shit got downgraded due to hardware limitations, you god damn moron.

See, I almost did it until this faggot You can keep saying hardware limitation, you're fucking wrong.

Found the Ubishit developer.

thank god I won, I knew you wouldn't say anything because you really don't shit, you only asked me to admit defeat not anyone else, and just keep adding all these extras rules, thank you for proving me right. don't forget to give me that sweet (you)

I get the reference. Cute.

I'll gladly explain to you retards if I am treated with respect. It's no skin off my damn bones I assure you.

It does though you keep replying any chance you get so it does bother you in the end
>I am treated with respect.
respect is earned not givin
enjoy this last (you) it's been fun retard

The cope is unreal.

Gotta love low IQ donkeys punching up, doing it again you useless fucktard

>f I am treated with respect.
Why don't you just take up a trip then you attention whoring faglord. Treated with respect fuckin el oh el.

I worked for what I know, if you kids want to actually be spoonfed, shut your fucking edgy attitudes and listen for once. Children should be seen and not heard, especially know it all college tards who expect everything giving to them without respecting the ones who know what they do.

Cool, mind explaining to me where you got that deduction from? And please, do tell me if you have any history or background in anything tech related, can't wait to hear that bullshit.
"b-but ubisoft did it!"
You're only half right.But what you (and everyother fucking moron here) fail to realize is that the presentation AND the final product downgrade was for two entirely unrelated reasons.
Just because one company was possibly paid off to have their graphics downgraded on the pc, does not mean that is always the case. Do you atleast comprehend that?

Fuck off.

Suit yourself, see ya kiddos.
All you had to do was be polite. You would of learned something. Enjoy your circle jerk.

Fuckin boomers man lmao

The greatest hack of the 21st century you mean

the autisms are strong in this thread LMA@

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out you larping fuck.

>Do you even know what Kojima's job actually was and what it consisted of?
He writes the story, supervises staff, manages finances and play tests his games. Stealth in Metal Gear was his idea and he created the levels for MGS.

let's face it the Ps4 has shit 2013 hardware and their games look like ass, just be thankful it's not Xbone bad

Attached: 18301830845.jpg (222x227, 8K)

Why did you ruin it?

lol
He's the exact opposite

Kojima
>all story, no gameplay

Carmack
>all gameplay, no story

>>no gameplay
Retard

How new do you have to be to get scared off by a couple of shitposters?

why is carmack so smug

Is this what Yea Forums is? Everyone just calling each other retards without examples and legit criticism in conflicting opinions? Why even bother replying?

What are you talking about?

>'I'm a retard'
>You're a retard
HOLY SHIT WHY WOULD SAY SUCH A THING

Its been that way since 2013

how dare these darn kids show no respect for user, a sad day can we get some fs in chat

Explain it for the rest of us then, not all of us are like that one moron

I blame your parents for having you and not raising you into a better human being.

Too late hes already packed a sad and left.

I am, I just hate egofags and attention whores. also welcome back

Can't say I blame him.

>Guy claims he knows stuff.
>Asks for something simple.
>Guy accuses guy of being egofagging but being an egotistical arrogant prick.
You sure showed him.

Unless you are using a trip there is no reason to try and save face. You can be shitposting one moment while carrying a discussion in the next. Thats part of the joys of being Anonymous. You can say anything and it doesn't matter because nobody is going to remember this a week from now.

I like how you skipped the entire convo and just cherry picked what you wanted
he ended up not admitting anything and throwing a hissy fit that everyone was not showing him respect

In the end we got nothing because you couldn't keep your attitude in check. The guy probably knew what he was talking about the way he was explaining things and shooting down theories. We asked him for details that would require him to write out a bunch of shit for literally nothing in return. We just had to be decent for once and you ruined it because of your petty ego.

If he spent more time explaining it rather then parading around like a cock it would have been fine. Getting scared off by obvious shitposting is going to attract ridicule regardless.

It looks better

Scared off? We wanted details. We were asking time for him to explain something. We asked for HIS time.

Its a known fact that advertising piece will make something look better than it actually is. Besides consoles will always look like hot garbage because hardware limitations.

you can stop pretending anytime

any retard could tell you it was from the console being underpowered, ask literally anyone who is in tech. you can not have a modern game look that good on 5-6 year old hardware

Just because one company is known to do it does not mean that should be a blanket conclusion for every situation of the same caliber.

You may want to loosen up your tinfoil hat.

What degree do you have?

ummm sweeetie there can only be one john carmack of the 21st centry and its john carmack

Attached: john-carmack-555x328.jpg (555x328, 24K)

what degree do you have?

Grow up

It would be nice if that were the case. A lot of companies will do it to secure the hype but given its Kojima this man will have hype. The problem comes from managing expectations rather than conspiracy shit spiral out of control and being left with a bad taste.

Including Yea Forums

Is it a touchy subject or something?

techtimes.com/articles/54603/20150521/witcher-3-developer-yes-graphics-downgraded-consoles.htm

Isn't carmack the guy who couldn't figure out how to clear a hard drive a couple years back?

That didn't answer the question I asked though but thanks for the literature?

it does though? consoles are underpowered,

I think you need to follow the thread replies. No where did I say anything about consoles. I asked about degrees.

>tl:dr
Wow

why the fuck are you asking about degrees?

Hardly.
MGS had an embarrassing understanding of how genes and genetics work.

I thanked for the literature, do you need some sort of praise or pat on the back or something?

Because I wanted to know. Duh.

why would you want to know. and even if someone said they didn't have one what would you say then

Shut up though.
Nano machines.

This is the kind of catty remark a woman would make desu

>legit criticism
You just said the game has no gameplay. That's your "legit criticism." You are the retard

They got memes right though so hes a total hack.

You could just admit you don't have one without making this into a thing user. Plenty of people don't have degrees. Not a big deal.

Sounds like a smart woman then.

No where did I say that though, that was someone else entirely.

Nice mountain climbing simulator

maybe make a valid point next time, idiot. you're the retard here if you think kojima games have no gameplay.

Tits or gtfo

More like the car jarmack

>No where did I say that though, that was someone else entirely.
You were defending him for other calling him retard

People sure are loving the words "idiots" and "retards" in this thread.

Never said I was one. Sorry to disappoint.

No, he didn't. He mistook memes for propaganda.

So you ARE that one faggot from earlier I thought your bitchass left. i..im so totally going to leave this circle jerk you just couldn't help but want the attention you cuck

It's not walking simulator anymore. Did you just changed your mind retard

Yeah, that doesn't mean it was me who said the original statement though. I was commenting on the reply itself that had no substance.

I have no idea what you're talking about. What guy?

>all that autistic staring back and forth of quiet and big boss with no dialogue
>the entire rain scene at mother base
Holy mother of cringe

Attached: 1567163375267.png (359x375, 228K)

Do you even know what a fiction is about?

Since when has it become a national pastime to rile up our resident boomers?

Even fiction have grounds of realism user.

And I replied why it has no substance and that suits you as much as him for being both retards

you can say who? all you want but you talk exactly like him to a tee.
what a pathetic faggot you are a dirty little slut for attention

What grounds of realism are you implying?

Okay, do you need to take your schizo meds or something?

God I fucking hate consoles, we get another Watchdogs fiasco every year and nothing gets done about it. I'm mostly just mad because this was a modern PS game I actually wanted to try.

>implying graphics made watchdogs somehow a better game.
Yeah, okay buddy.

you like it don't you, all this attention getting your cock hard you naughty user, i'm going to spank that ass extra hard for every degree you have

My meds ran out last week and I need to make another appointment with my GP.

Based coomer

My god you're obsessed.

Attached: 1471239355593.gif (500x380, 189K)

Kojimbo is a better developer than Carmack
all that guy knew how to do is code, he couldn't design levels.

Well no shit. Programmers don't do level designs.

That's not what I said, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're tired or something.

Kojimbo is a gay tho

Kojimbo is responsible for both gameplay and scene scripts and Yea Forums hate him for this

More like the David Cage.

You're upset about the watch dogs fiasco which had to do with the graphics. Am I missing something?

This samefag is so fucking crazy I forgot what the thread was about by the time I reached the bottom. Seriously fuck off dude you’re the worst kind of faggot here, one that thinks you’re somehow special and deserving of differential treatment.

Carmack is better all round didn't just squalor his genius on vidya.

He made acid to break into his school when he was a kid.

>It looks better

Attached: 1568282209878.png (324x313, 235K)

It was actually thermite.

Huh. Didn't expect that. Penguin Adventures, Metal Gear and Snatcher all before Shadowforge.

Sorry it's been a while since I read about it. All I remember was that he got the stuff from his science class.

When did they show the bottom? Or at least the context for why they remade a cutscene trailer? I had actually assumed top wouldn't even be in the game and was just one of those concept trailers.

He also started a rocket company

The best part was if the fat prick he was with didn't get stuck he would have gotten away with it.

Always travel light when sneaking.

Carmack is a rad lad and he's skilled at choking people out.

Downgrading and passing off promotional videos as something we can expect, even gameplay and live-rendered scenes, is now an industry wide trend at least for 3D games. Watchdogs was just a very notable example where the difference is so stark. I'm not saying graphics are the primary metric by which we should judge games, just that it is absolutely frustrating for everyone that this is still the norm. Death Stranding could very well be a great game despite what we're seeing now, but it will be objectively worse now if console limitations or troubles with optimizing have got us to this point.

>Not liking violence
You must be 14 if violence alone keeps you interested in a movie

What the fuck kind of logic is this? If it's an action movie, do you think I'm there for it's plot or something?

>Action movie
?????

>you think I'm there for it's plot or something?
Zoomer confirmed

How are both of you confused? If it's an action movie I'm obviously not going to care about other aspects as much as what the genre is made to be for. Violence is part of the action movie genre. What are you not grasping?

Action movies are for brainlets. Also we talking Tarantino

I rather be a brainlet than a drama fag anyday. Go watch your dances with the wolves and cry the 16th time you fucking girl.

Based this post is too high test for y'all.

Like seriously, I'm being shamed for liking action movies? In a thread where Hideo Kojima based ALL his shit in action movies?
Fucking kidding right now? Fuck outta here.

True bro, true. Tarantino is a fucking hack though, I mean his stuff is real lowest common denominator shit, it's gotta be said my man.

The meaning of the word "hack" seems to have become "I don't think that person should be so popular."