Mod doesn't work on pirated copy because author is a white knight

>mod doesn't work on pirated copy because author is a white knight

Attached: 1539110602402.jpg (882x960, 76K)

examples?

very easy to get around it retard

not exactly a mod but FiveM doesnt work on cracked GTA V

that tales mod comes to mind but I think it was pretty easy to circumvent it.

You dont even know the game he's talking about, you underaged tryhard mouthbreather

>developer goes to pirate websites and takes down his mods/makes a topic for his own game to prevent people from pirating it

What's a video game for this feeling?

>mod taken down by author because of Trump winning
>would only put it back on if Trump gets impeached

Attached: 1462052177899.jpg (465x308, 42K)

the big mass effect 1 retexture mod doesn't work on pirated copies

kek if it really happened

>You dont even know the game he's talking about
Skyrim

Attached: 1568420297907.jpg (604x604, 133K)

It did, Skyrim mod called Civil war or something

>translator sends out his finished patch to people who donate
>they leak it
>he throws a screaming baby fit instantly and modifies the patch executable(one of those, yeah) to install a virus on people's computers as punishment
you're still gay, nightwolve

>mod requires Lovers Lab

Attached: 1555952074328.png (326x309, 8K)

The script extender which is needed for pretty much every mod in Oblivion shits itself if you have a cracked .exe. i do not know whether it is based on the fact that the author is a whiteknight or that he is just autistic about proper execution and therefore slams integrity checks on every step of his programm, but I was extremely annoyed either way back then.

>mod doesn't work on pirated copies because the idiots that cracked it renamed some files or folders
>whiny pirates demand the mod author puts in extra work to make the mod work for pirated versions with arbitrary changes
>they get angry when the mod author points out that they know they pirated the game and that's why the mod doesn't work
Entitled little shitheads, but that's to be expected, isn't it?

Attached: file.png (640x360, 452K)

thats bullshit

provide your service or shut the fuck up and get forgotten

>that fucking autist who mods tales of games with anti-piracy checks and spergs out so hard on the steam forums over piracy that he's been banned multiple times

The Deus Ex Revision mod is pretty much unavailable if you did not buy it on Steam. Good thing that its a shit mod either way and there are better alternatives.

>i do not know whether it is based on the fact that the author is a whiteknight or that he is just autistic about proper execution and therefore slams integrity checks on every step of his programm
It's neither. There's a legit reason it doesn't work on cracked versions. He could make one that works on cracked version but why the fuck should he double his workload for you?

Like I said, it's to be expected.

specifically one faggot that made a mod for mount and blade, GoT inspired one i think

IIRC there's several Skyrim mods on the Nexus that are like that.

That legit reason is? All I am hearing is speculation.

No it isn't?

it just exchanges textures, never had any problem and I dont buy EA games out of principle

Ever noticed obse only works on very specific versions of the executable? Not just legit over pirated, very specific versions of the legit executable too. That's because you have to specifically make it work for each executable you want it to work with. It's not just make it once and it works for everything.

the saints row IV community as a whole

I've had nothing but problems with it on my pirated copy, refuse to buy it because of EA as well. I'll try with the new re-do version and see if it works

anthing by kaldaein

>people in the mod comments complaining about a mod needing all DLC's when they could easily pirate the DLC with no issues

I remember hearing about that one. Why are some mod authors so fucking autistic?

It works just fine on a pirated GOG version.

Don't pirate games commie

did you get a message telling you it doesnt work because of a pirated version?
the mod is a bit fucky, you have to do shit in the games .ini and it can fuck up on AMD cpus

In ended up being largely beneficial, his mods were buggy trash that people defended for no real reason prior to that.

Hmm, that kinda does not explain anything. I know that the versions are extremely specific, but it also could be the author who decided to make those restrictions on purpose. The one thing that makes me sceptical is that the programm shuts down because OBSE claims that the executable is missing and it does not even try to execute with the altered version. Meaning that the author does an integrity check before even trying to execute. For what purpose? If it does not work, then let it fucking crash or glitch out. Then the obscurity concerning his motivations is cleared up atleast.

A "pirated" gog version is literally just a reuploded installer which is already DRM free. The exe is unchanged.

Attached: 1556164492010.png (619x370, 27K)

Plenty of this in GTA V mods, particularly LSPDFR based ones

>pirate GOG game
>it doesnt fucking work
am i doing something wrong? trying to play duke manhattan project and it doesnt even launch, not even an error,

IIRC there was a fag whose mod fixed the shitty Nier Automata PC port but he added some anti-piracy measures just out of spite against pirates

Attached: 1561590686903.jpg (646x687, 69K)

>but it also could be the author who decided to make those restrictions on purpose
No, it's not. Executable aren't not built to be generically patched on the fly. You have to know the specific locations of code you want to step in and modify. Those locations change every time the version of the executable changes.
>Meaning that the author does an integrity check before even trying to execute. For what purpose?
Because it's just normal shit devs do. If a retard has the wrong version of the executable then you let them know they have the wrong version. If it doesn't even recognize it at all it tells you that. All that's going on is it's saying it doesn't recognize your executable as being any version of oblivion and that's because he didn't bother building a database for all the different versions of the pirated executable.

You seem to be under the impression it might work on pirated versions if only the author wasn't stopping it from doing so. It would not work. At all. There's nothing odd about the program's reaction to not recognizing the file you are telling it to modify. You can whine that he doesn't make a version that works for pirated executables, although that would just make you an entitled brat, but obse is not doing anything weird and there's nothing concerning about the motivations behind it's behavior. It's just devs producing "good code" as they like to do.

>#occupywallstreet
A little late in 2016 don't you think?

Fucking this

That nigger just did that to make me search half-hour for his mod without that anti-piracy shit

Attached: 1521095301709.jpg (661x800, 300K)

just buy your games lmao

>pirating and complaining
one of the the most american teenager traits
fucking yikes

Its this guy:
Not only does he do anti piracy, which someone could argue is maybe justified, but if you piss him off on forums then he will block you from using his mods. I had that happen because I suggested on a post he had that he should link straight to the download rather than just talking about a bunch of technical stuff. He said that it would be a waste of time when tons of people were constantly asking where to download it. Now I can't use his mods.

Something tells me you didn't just politely suggest something to him. You probably did the normal retard on the internet thing and threw a tantrum and made demands and he did the normal human reaction of "Fuck this asshole."

>you have to pirate a mod
>it's easier to pirate the game than the mod

Attached: minerva.jpg (1280x720, 116K)